• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Retro

Caught sight of this earlier today... POSSIBLY considered spoilers, so...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTqKi1VDQlE

Kinda cool... either the engine really shows it's age when manipulating objects, or they just haven't polished things up, but
when they're under attack the zeppelins just kind of spin around awkwardly.

Also,
Garrosh is a moron. He has the leadership capabilities of a jizzsock
That is all.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Damn, that warlock have 66k HP. :lol

Also, nice intro. But it might get annoying after doing this for the 10th time on alts.

Rapstah

I managed to log into the Beta and Blizzard really fucked up the human forms of Worgen: here's what my level 12 priest looks like in human form:

23ude1v.png

:lol

(Unsettling as shit!)

J-Rzez

Bisnic said:
Damn, that warlock have 66k HP. :lol

Also, nice intro. But it might get annoying after doing this for the 10th time on alts.

More odd to see is a wand with 1200 peak damage.

Xabora

Rapstah said:
I managed to log into the Beta and Blizzard really fucked up the human forms of Worgen: here's what my level 12 priest looks like in human form:

23ude1v.png

:lol

(Unsettling as shit!)
Not as bad as this:
JOjFs.jpg

Cipherr

66k hp... Gotdamn, I need to pull screenshots to see how this jump in hp from LK to Cata compared to the jump from BC to LK. Seems like its ALOT larger.

Puncture said:
66k hp... Gotdamn, I need to pull screenshots to see how this jump in hp from LK to Cata compared to the jump from BC to LK. Seems like its ALOT larger.

For tanks

T3 Vanilla - 8-9k
T6.5 TBC - 16 - 18K
ICC Gear - ~50K

Tacitus_

Subliminal said:
For tanks

T3 Vanilla - 8-9k
T6.5 TBC - 16 - 18K
ICC Gear - ~50K

Your numbers are a bit on the low side there. I'm quite sure T3 tanks broke 10k, T6,5 tanks were at least 25k and I have 55k buffed in a 264/271 set.

E: Yeah, you needed over 23k HP to survive the worst case scenario on Brutallus.

Tacitus_ said:
Your numbers are a bit on the low side there. I'm quite sure T3 tanks broke 10k, T6,5 tanks were at least 25k and I have 55k buffed in a 264/271 set.

E: Yeah, you needed over 23k HP to survive the worst case scenario on Brutallus.

Really? I just did it by memory. I don't remember tbc being that high. But then my guild only dabbled in Sunwell.

Rapstah

Tacitus_ said:

That's actually quite cool seeing as I group with tanks with less than that a lot in random heroics.

Tacitus_

Rapstah said:
That's actually quite cool seeing as I group with tanks with less than that a lot in random heroics.

Well straight off the leveling curve with the crafted blue set I think I had 22k hp or so when I started tanking. Got a few ugly looks before I started getting T9 :lol

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
With all these hp being tossed around for Cat, I suspect some degree of hilarity to ensue as ppl pop Last Stand and the like. :p

mclem

Subliminal said:
Really? I just did it by memory. I don't remember tbc being that high. But then my guild only dabbled in Sunwell.

I broke 20k in mid T5. I've still got the screenshot knocking around that I did at the time. Taken in Gruul's lair, but geared a bit beyond that.

Sciz

Mr Nash said:
With all these hp being tossed around for Cat, I suspect some degree of hilarity to ensue as ppl pop Last Stand and the like. :p
I expect screenshots of tanks in Wintergrasp under the effects of a 20-stack Tenacity buff.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
You know, as much as i HATE DPS plate classes that rolls need on tanking gear in 5 mans, im glad that there is some nice players out there who think about us poor tanks.

I had a ret pally needing on the Black Heart, the dps shaman that was with us saw this too and rolled need & won it, than trade it back to me. If he hadnt, the pally would have got it since my roll was very low.

Whoever you are troll shaman, i <3 you.

Also, death to ret pallies.

Sober

Rapstah said:
What's the name of that add-on that checks for potential item upgrades? I think I've heard it mentioned in this thread a couple of times. I could've also completely misunderstood the addon's usage.
You might be looking for Rawr. It's not an addon, just a third-party program; lets you import characters from the armory and whatever. They are usually updated pretty frequently and they have modelled pretty much everything. Check the EJ or Rawr module threads if they note that they haven't (only usually the case when new sets of trinkets are released).

Basically it just takes your gear, talents, gems, etc and calculates what you need. You can remove buffs (i.e. misery, draenei hit %, ICC buff %) to help you customize what you need. You can also customize what kind of gemming templates, rotations and other stuff.

http://rawr.codeplex.com/

itxaka

Defeatist
^^^^ Congrats!

Sober said:
You might be looking for Rawr. It's not an addon, just a third-party program; lets you import characters from the armory and whatever. They are usually updated pretty frequently and they have modelled pretty much everything. Check the EJ or Rawr module threads if they note that they haven't (only usually the case when new sets of trinkets are released).

Basically it just takes your gear, talents, gems, etc and calculates what you need. You can remove buffs (i.e. misery, draenei hit %, ICC buff %) to help you customize what you need. You can also customize what kind of gemming templates, rotations and other stuff.

http://rawr.codeplex.com/

I tried that thing before and it's kind of complicated :lol

I'll try it now that I know more about the game :)

P.S.: Warlocks rule. 20%xp BOA items + pet + tap life = no downtime and quick leveling. Fucking love them. On level 20 now.

Still, I am running with affliction as they say it's the best levelling option, but when I enter dungeons I don't know what to hit with. Dots just go wasted on mobs as they die rather quick. Any tips?

itxaka said:
Still, I am running with affliction as they say it's the best levelling option, but when I enter dungeons I don't know what to hit with. Dots just go wasted on mobs as they die rather quick. Any tips?

Shadow bolt single target trash; Reign of Fire multitarget trash; Curse, Corruption and Shadowbolt bosses. Add in more DoT shenanigans as you acquire them to the boss fights. For trash, warlocks don't really pick up as affliction til the mobs start living longer.

notworksafe

J-Rzez said:
Congrats, one less thing to pay for in Cata for you as well now, heh.
That was the main push to get a lot of people to do it. Saving 5000g is something people were really into. :lol Plus it's a chance to get out of ICC-H.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
is the violet proto drake not easier to have gotten by now? i haven't been playing during many events so i haven't personally.

what happens if you get a 310% mount from wotlk after cat?

itxaka

Defeatist
keeblerdrow said:
Shadow bolt single target trash; Reign of Fire multitarget trash; Curse, Corruption and Shadowbolt bosses. Add in more DoT shenanigans as you acquire them to the boss fights. For trash, warlocks don't really pick up as affliction til the mobs start living longer.

Thanks for the tip, will try it rigth now.

One last thing, sucubbus or voidwalker? I can see some guides recommending the sucubbus over the voidwalker butI don't see the reason. The voidwalker tanks pretty well and has the taunt ability. The sucubbus..has nothing interesting as far as I can see.

notworksafe

DeathNote said:
is the violet proto drake not easier to have gotten by now? i haven't been playing during many events so i haven't personally.

what happens if you get a 310% mount from wotlk after cat?
Oh, I have the Violet one too. But the Ulduar one looks much cooler! Plus I wanted to get Starcaller and the Ulduar Drakes are easy enough to get along with it.

If you get a 310 in Cata, I believe you can skip the 5000g fee. All of the 310s require a decent amount of work, so that seems fair to me.

Tacitus_

itxaka said:

One last thing, sucubbus or voidwalker? I can see some guides recommending the sucubbus over the voidwalker butI don't see the reason. The voidwalker tanks pretty well and has the taunt ability. The sucubbus..has nothing interesting as far as I can see.

You can draintank yourself after you get Fel Concentration and use Succubus since she does more DPS.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Being a mom is tough:
2qjk8xf.jpg

An upgrade from having a nailboard for 20 levels:
2j32naa.jpg

Geez, there's some amazing locations in Cataclysm. Here's just a couple:

Clouds.jpg

Fire.jpg

Also, Stormwind feels like a real city now. It's sprawling!

Stormwind.jpg

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
ok how the fuck does this happen.

priest is chasing me. i know he has a rogue partner around him as well since he's helped in ganking me like 3 times at this point.

the priest is in all wrathful gear, with 30k health. im a hunter with only 27k health. obviously im going to lose unless i play smart -- ill definitely lose if that rogue friend of his is around at the same time.

so i mount up and the priest chases me north for a minute or two. i get off my mount and lay a trap down hoping he'll freeze himself on it.

instead of him getting frozen, my trap just disappears and then the rogue comes out of nowhere, STEALTHED, and after 2k mana of the priest im dead.

so how the FUCK did that fucking rogue catch up to me while stealthed? There is no way sprint lasted that long and there's no way he was able to be mounted because i had my humanoid tracking on. The only thing i can anticipate is that they figured i'd go north and he was just waiting around there, but i have no idea how they knew how far i'd run or where i'd end up being.

HOW is that possible?

Manus

itxaka said:

An Affliction Lock's best pet is the Felhunter. Give's a great buff for Aff specs. Also just wait till you get Seed of Corruption you'll be doing super high dps on trash.

Touchdown

Banned
I have a question for fellow bear tanks. I've been saving up my frosties for the 4 piece set that gives essentially a new barkskin with your enrage ability. It's been really hard not being able to spend them on anything else lol. I've read forums online and most of them say "get your 4 piece!!!" But lately in icc, ive been getting some drops that are better stat wise individually than the set pieces, so I was wondering if getting the 4-piece was THAT important?

Swag

Touchdown said:
I have a question for fellow bear tanks. I've been saving up my frosties for the 4 piece set that gives essentially a new barkskin with your enrage ability. It's been really hard not being able to spend them on anything else lol. I've read forums online and most of them say "get your 4 piece!!!" But lately in icc, ive been getting some drops that are better stat wise individually than the set pieces, so I was wondering if getting the 4-piece was THAT important?

Warrior / Druid tank 4 pieces are absolutely amazing, and you should definetly get them. Use them on fights your having trouble with, use the better stat pieces on everything else until you get tokens to 264 the set pieces.

Nymerio

davepoobond said:
ok how the fuck does this happen.

priest is chasing me. i know he has a rogue partner around him as well since he's helped in ganking me like 3 times at this point.

the priest is in all wrathful gear, with 30k health. im a hunter with only 27k health. obviously im going to lose unless i play smart -- ill definitely lose if that rogue friend of his is around at the same time.

so i mount up and the priest chases me north for a minute or two. i get off my mount and lay a trap down hoping he'll freeze himself on it.

instead of him getting frozen, my trap just disappears and then the rogue comes out of nowhere, STEALTHED, and after 2k mana of the priest im dead.

so how the FUCK did that fucking rogue catch up to me while stealthed? There is no way sprint lasted that long and there's no way he was able to be mounted because i had my humanoid tracking on. The only thing i can anticipate is that they figured i'd go north and he was just waiting around there, but i have no idea how they knew how far i'd run or where i'd end up being.

HOW is that possible?

Rogues can disarm traps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom