• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
ezekial45 said:
"We’ve added a new flying skill called Flight Master's License. When World of Warcraft: Cataclysm is released, players who purchase the expansion will see this skill available from flight trainers once they reach level 60. This new skill is required for flying around all Kalimdor and Eastern Kingdoms zones, including the new level 80-85 zones.

The cost for this is 250 gold. The name has also changed. I've updated my original post with the new information. "

Not so bad I guess...
250g is nothing for an 80. might be a bit much for new player dinging 60.

i'm glad people 1-60 are required to be on the ground. it makes pvp servers awesome.

ezekial45 said:
"We’ve added a new flying skill called Flight Master's License. When World of Warcraft: Cataclysm is released, players who purchase the expansion will see this skill available from flight trainers once they reach level 60. This new skill is required for flying around all Kalimdor and Eastern Kingdoms zones, including the new level 80-85 zones.

The cost for this is 250 gold. The name has also changed. I've updated my original post with the new information. "

Not so bad I guess...

2e668a0d9406.gif

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
funkmastergeneral said:
Maelstrom Weapon no longer affects Lava Burst :(

Uh? It already doesn't affect Lava Burst on the live servers. :lol Been like that for a long time.

Don't believe? Here, taken from wowhead :

Maelstrom Weapon Rank 5
Requires One-Handed Axes, Two-Handed Axes, One-Handed Maces, Two-Handed Maces, Staves, One-Handed Exotics, Two-Handed Exotics, Fist Weapons, Miscellaneous, Daggers
When you deal damage with a melee weapon, you have a chance (higher than rank 4) to reduce the cast time of your next Lightning Bolt, Chain Lightning, Lesser Healing Wave, Healing Wave, Chain Heal, or Hex spell by 20%. Stacks up to 5 times. Lasts 30 sec.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Odd question about the real ID. Is there any way to change my name. I'm still in consideration for going back to Cata. Basically, play for 3 or 4 months. But I still don't like the idea of any of my info getting out.

notworksafe

shintoki said:
Odd question about the real ID. Is there any way to change my name. I'm still in consideration for going back to Cata. Basically, play for 3 or 4 months. But I still don't like the idea of any of my info getting out.
Can't change your name, but you can turn off RealID for your account under Parental Controls.

TUSR

Banned
Use RealID with people you know that already know your name, chances are they won't care. You can still add normal toons to your friends list, stop complaining. They are not invading your privacy if you give out your name.

Squire Felix said:
Use RealID with people you know that already know your name, chances are they won't care. You can still add normal toons to your friends list, stop complaining. They are not invading your privacy if you give out your name.

That's what I was thinking on this. RealID for real friends, friends list for others.

firex

Right now I'd say it's the sword + dagger set, or mace + dagger. in cata it depends. If assassination/subtlety leveling is good (keep in mind you'll get mutilate immediately upon going assassin and sub gets dagger-related passive damage buffs), dual daggers are a good choice.

funkmastergeneral said:
Maelstrom Weapon no longer affects Lava Burst :(
Looking at the changes they made to stormstrike, I'm actually glad. Now they need to find a way to make it so flame shock is never worth using (or unlink shock cooldowns) so I don't feel like I have to choose between flame shock or earth shock to maximize dps.

lordmrw

I've been working on the Scepter of the Shifting Sands quest chain, and son of a bitch this thing is long and requires you to go into so many raids just for one item. I'm starting to wonder just what the hell I've gotten myself into.

lordmrw said:
I've been working on the Scepter of the Shifting Sands quest chain, and son of a bitch this thing is long and requires you to go into so many raids just for one item. I'm starting to wonder just what the hell I've gotten myself into.

But my god, it's epic.

Loxley

Mister_Bubbles said:
But my god, it's epic.

It's sad when you remember how many servers lost out on that event because the asshole with the Scepter decided to bang the gong in either the middle of the day (when the majority of people are at either work or school) or at 3:00 am.

Loxley said:
It's sad when you remember how many servers lost out on that event because the asshole with the Scepter decided to bang the gong in either the middle of the day (when the majority of people are at either work or school) or at 3:00 am.

I'm trying to remember when EJ decided to bang it.

Dunlop

McNei1y said:
That was the fun of it!! I miss Blackrock Mountain pvp.

Yeah it was awesome, back in the olden days when I was a real raider. I was part of the top horde guild on the server and we knew the raiding schedule of the top alliance (and ice versa), it would usually take a good 30mins to an hour before any of us could actually raid due to the epic real world 40 vs 40 pvp.

On a side note, has anything been released about racials yet? I switched server/factions and my main is a male human which absolutely hate the animations but had given into the OP racials (especially for a holy priest). I am going to change it but want to wait until I hear the final racials for cat

firex

don't expect much great stuff. They said they will do a pass on racials, but nothing as comprehensive as talents or glyphs or skills/spells.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
DeathNote said:
250g is nothing for an 80. might be a bit much for new player dinging 60.

i'm glad people 1-60 are required to be on the ground. it makes pvp servers awesome.
I don't really understand the PURPOSE of it, given that you get regular Flying at the exact same level.

lordmrw said:

You can't even finish the chain anymore can you?

shintoki said:

You do realize you have to actually give someone your email address and do a confirmation thing a la Facebook for Real ID to even matter, right? Just don't give out your email address to people you don't know.

The only people that can see your real name is Blizzard and they already know your name. (and, no, you can't change your name unless the account belongs to a parent and was purchased when you were a minor)

VaLiancY

Puncture said:
Info is starting to come out about BM specced hunters abilities. We knew the pet pass was coming. Looks like BM hunters exotic pets will come with some seriously sweet shit:

http://cata.wowhead.com/spell=90355#comments

Corehounds appear to have Bloodlust.

Fuck..........yeah........ If Bloodlust is on the table, lord fucking knows what the other exotics will have.

Edit: Aww shit

Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit

I can get behind this. :D

Tamanon

Banned
Angry Grimace said:
I don't really understand the PURPOSE of it, given that you get regular Flying at the exact same level.

You can't even finish the chain anymore can you?

You do realize you have to actually give someone your email address and do a confirmation thing a la Facebook for Real ID to even matter, right? Just don't give out your email address to people you don't know.

The only people that can see your real name is Blizzard and they already know your name. (and, no, you can't change your name unless the account belongs to a parent and was purchased when you were a minor)

I assume it's just there because otherwise it was a bit tough to code an ability to fly in Azeroth based on if you had the Cataclysm expansion. This gives you a relatively cheap and easy way to toggle it.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Tamanon said:
I assume it's just there because otherwise it was a bit tough to code an ability to fly in Azeroth based on if you had the Cataclysm expansion. This gives you a relatively cheap and easy way to toggle it.
Makes sense.

Managed to finally get Kingslayer as well as Heroic Blood Council and Blood queen. Only 4 Heroics left for us I think

I've been gone for months so I'm so far behind only 2/4 T10 on my moonkin.

All I get is emblems and feral offspec gear in ICC now anyways. The 5th Twig dropped on LK again, but at least my bear tank has a good weapon now.

TUSR

Banned
DeathNote said:
what heirloom weapons are the best for a rogue? now and cat?
I leveled as mut when I got the ability. With dual heirloom daggers, I suggest doing combat till 60 then going mut from there on out because it will show the versatility of the class and you will have something to gauge what you want to spec at 80

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Angry Grimace said:

See, I did not know this. I haven't played in a while. Cata coming out has my interest piqued again. :lol

shintoki said:
See, I did not know this. I haven't played in a while. Cata coming out has my interest piqued again. :lol

That's why I'm back too. But wow is it hard right now to try and get caught up for gear. I think I'll just wait with that for Cata quest blues.

Rapstah

I've completely lost interest in WOTLK gearing by now. My Warlock's at just below 5000 GS (or so I'm told because I refuse to use the addon) and I've hit the spot where I can't get upgrades from neither Triumph emblems nor Frozen Halls heroics, save for ONE pair of boots that drops in Pit of Saron heroic. That means I'm spending all my time waiting for queues to three instances and it's just not worth it. This would be the spot where I start raiding for real but since PUGs require obscene gear I'd have to join a guild and I can't make that commitment at the moment.

Will stay subscribed for the beta, but won't really play that too much either because I know I'll lose all my characters at launch. Would suck to level something 1-85 and have to repeat it.

Rapstah said:
This would be the spot where I start raiding for real but since PUGs require obscene gear I'd have to join a guild and I can't make that commitment at the moment.

That's the problem with PuGs and Gearscore, they tend to ask for far more than is needed.

Although I'd imagine you can get in on VoA/ToC/Ony PuGs for some items, I've rarely (if ever) seen gear score checks for those and doing the daily and weeklies you can get some frost emblems per week to buy the Frost Emblem gear.

profit

Rapstah said:
I've completely lost interest in WOTLK gearing by now. My Warlock's at just below 5000 GS (or so I'm told because I refuse to use the addon) and I've hit the spot where I can't get upgrades from neither Triumph emblems nor Frozen Halls heroics, save for ONE pair of boots that drops in Pit of Saron heroic. That means I'm spending all my time waiting for queues to three instances and it's just not worth it. This would be the spot where I start raiding for real but since PUGs require obscene gear I'd have to join a guild and I can't make that commitment at the moment.

Will stay subscribed for the beta, but won't really play that too much either because I know I'll lose all my characters at launch. Would suck to level something 1-85 and have to repeat it.
I'm in the exact same spot as you on my warlock (my warrior is 5706 gs though) and I only need the boots from HC PoS. Cant commit myself to raiding anymore. Perhaps when the weather gets alot worse.....

Bisnic

Raiding is just a waste of time right now. I mostly play my alts for the casual 5 man daily and doing Northrend quests i've skipped while lvling them for more $$$. Or farming H Sethekk Halls with my druid for the Anzu's mount.

I don't feel like wasting 3-4 (frustrating & boring) hours a day for ICC when i will replace its purples by Cataclysm's blues soon.

Bisnic said:
Raiding is just a waste of time right now. I mostly play my alts for the casual 5 man daily and doing Northrend quests i've skipped while lvling them for more $$$. Or farming H Sethekk Halls with my druid for the Anzu's mount.

I don't feel like wasting 3-4 (frustrating & boring) hours a day for ICC when i will replace its purples by Cataclysm's blues soon.

I still want to kill the Lich King but I don't want to deal with the other bosses/trash anymore lol. I haven't done Ruby Sanctum yet either, so I want to give it a try soon.

I'm going to resub mainly to get ready for Cata. Farm some gold, fix up my off spec, and maybe try to get my old guild back together.

Bisnic

Oh yeah... i also need to give my Horde's alts some decent professions... when all 3 of them only have skinning, mining & herbalism, it's kinda stupid. At least my Alliance alts have gathering professions & stuff like Inscription, Jewelcrafting & Enchanting. :lol

Still have plenty of stuff to do outside of raiding for the next weeks i guess.

notworksafe

PhoenixDark said:
I still want to kill the Lich King but I don't want to deal with the other bosses/trash anymore lol. I haven't done Ruby Sanctum yet either, so I want to give it a try soon.

I'm going to resub mainly to get ready for Cata. Farm some gold, fix up my off spec, and maybe try to get my old guild back together.
Yeah. Now that my guild has done the three main things I wanted to do before Cata (Kill LK, get Ulduar Drakes, get Starcaller) I'm far less interested in raiding on Saturdays...and I'm the raid leader! LotRO going free has me distracted even more.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
krypt0nian said:
That's why I'm back too. But wow is it hard right now to try and get caught up for gear. I think I'll just wait with that for Cata quest blues.
I was considering coming back for a month, and just plugging through T9-T10 content to see it. I quit right before Uldar came out.

But I think I may just hold out till Cata. Can't say I like raiding much.

notworksafe

shintoki said:
I was considering coming back for a month, and just plugging through T9-T10 content to see it. I quit right before Uldar came out.

But I think I may just hold out till Cata. Can't say I like raiding much.
For what it's worth, Ulduar is the 2nd best raid instance in the game. AQ being #1 of course.

notworksafe said:
Yeah. Now that my guild has done the three main things I wanted to do before Cata (Kill LK, get Ulduar Drakes, get Starcaller) I'm far less interested in raiding on Saturdays...and I'm the raid leader! LotRO going free has me distracted even more.

I still want my Ulduar drake and maybe Starcaller if we go there.

I'm still enjoying raiding, I kind of regret not raiding during BC and missing out on Sunwell, Black Temple and the like.

At least this time I got to see the 'end' of WOTLK.

KernelPanic said:
I still want my Ulduar drake and maybe Starcaller if we go there.

I'm still enjoying raiding, I kind of regret not raiding during BC and missing out on Sunwell, Black Temple and the like.

At least this time I got to see the 'end' of WOTLK.
My guild only raids 3 nights a week, and we usually start having attendance problems by the 2nd or 3rd night. People only want the easy loot. But for a change of pace, on the third night we went back to ulduar and did some hard modes. Blew through a lot of them pretty quickly and had to stop at Freya, because we ran out of time. Hopefully we'll finish them though. We've done rusted drake runs many times, but this would be the first time we've actually attempted the 25m hardmodes. The ironbound drake is such a good looking mount.

firex

krypt0nian said:
It's the normal pretty/ugly split since the beginning. When you choose Horde, you choose ugly.
replace pretty with "stupid" and ugly with "awesome" to get Blizzard's additional interpretation.

ezekial45

Banned
I got an email from blizz, hoping that it was the beta invite, only to see that they want me to buy the blizzcon virtual ticket.

What does a guy have to do to get into beta?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom