• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twig

Banned
Sai-kun said:
But the females do the dance from Poker Face so they're better by default.
My first reaction is "awesome."

My second reaction is "but do I really want to see a furry doing that?"

My third reaction is "fuck the furries, it's probably still awesome."

Then I think about what I just said and shudder.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Twig said:
My first reaction is "awesome."

My second reaction is "but do I really want to see a furry doing that?"

My third reaction is "fuck the furries, it's probably still awesome."

Then I think about what I just said and shudder.
Give in to your true emotions.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
While I definitely prefer hyjal more as a questing zone, Vashj'ir is easily one of the best looking zones in the game. So good.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Halycon said:
Mine is a druid too, and I got to level 7 before I realized that I'd spent 90% of my game-time in cat/bear/moonkin/tree form.

Sadness.

Thinking of starting a new one, maybe Warrior.
Tree form is just a 40 second cooldown now.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Oh good, the new one is butt ugly anyway, I wouldn't want to raid in that.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Might as well ask this here also.

Anyone have any suggestions on what the best professions for a Hunter would be now? I'm thinking about going leatherworking and something else. No gathering profession.

Also is there any recommended build and/or a guide for leveling a hunter from 1-85 post The Shattering? Orc Hunter to be specific.

Thanks

Twig

Banned
Fuck yeah orc hunter. The best. :3

BM is a good leveling spec if you're doing it all solo, since you can just let your pet tank a millions things at once.

Though with how easy leveling's been so far with my hunter, I probably could go whatever spec I want and rock shit. It's way easier than last time I leveled a hunter. U: (Not that it was hard then, either.)

I don't know leveling guides, though.

Sai-kun said:
:lol at thinking the game ends at 85.

The game has only just begun, friend.

playing since 04, saying "fuck raiding since 04"

biggest group I was ever in was 10 people in ubrs in a group that disbanded 5 mins in

nevah even been mc attuned :D

J-Rzez

Angry Grimace said:
Skill accounts for a lot, but you don't care because you whine incessantly about everything. I'm trying to bear with you, but it really tries the patience when you try to earnestly argue that virtually every single facet of the game is dumb and designed wrong.

Pot-kettle? Anyways, things I "whine" or perhaps a better word is "dislike", I'll complain about. Things I really like, I'll praise. Things I'm ok/agree with, I don't really talk about. So considering the size and scope of the game, the number of things I dislike is far lesser than "ok/agree" (as there's so much I don't discuss) and really like (things I praise here). So yeah, at least I don't complain about a login screen. Don't try to dismiss valid points I bring up with some response like that in which I don't expect from the likes of you.

There's nothing to "bear" with here. Skill isn't going to make up minimum DPS needed to beat timers/healers going oom, and that's a fact plain and simple. You'll have your theoretical DPS caps, in which outside of buffs/rng, gear is the ultimate deciding factor in the end of it all. The fact that they're in there with quest rewards, a couple dungeon, and vp items says the tuning is off. People will blow through the first tier of raiding content then, and that shouldn't be the case.

But I'll get to check that out myself shortly as we'll hopefully start raiding this week.

Zerokku said:
While I definitely prefer hyjal more as a questing zone, Vashj'ir is easily one of the best looking zones in the game. So good.

Vash is very nice looking indeed, but it did drag on far too long, and had it's issues myself and others brought up. So far, my favorite questing zone has been Twilight Highlands. Some challenging while leveling quests there, many different environmental looks, and such a broad variety of quests in general in there made it one of my favorite questing zones ever in any MMO I've played.

Spruchy

the culture references were overbearing in uldum, if you're complaining about them now and you haven't done this zone then I wish you luck.

Sai-kun

Banned
ZombieSupaStar said:

biggest group I was ever in was 10 people in ubrs in a group that disbanded 5 mins in

ZombieSupaStar
beaten too hard
or not enough <3

(Today, 12:50 AM)
Reply | Quote

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
J-Rzez said:
Pot-kettle? Anyways, things I "whine" or perhaps a better word is "dislike", I'll complain about. Things I really like, I'll praise. Things I'm ok/agree with, I don't really talk about. So considering the size and scope of the game, the number of things I dislike is far lesser than "ok/agree" (as there's so much I don't discuss) and really like (things I praise here). So yeah, at least I don't complain about a login screen. Don't try to dismiss valid points I bring up with some response like that in which I don't expect from the likes of you.

There's nothing to "bear" with here. Skill isn't going to make up minimum DPS needed to beat timers/healers going oom, and that's a fact plain and simple. You'll have your theoretical DPS caps, in which outside of buffs/rng, gear is the ultimate deciding factor in the end of it all. The fact that they're in there with quest rewards, a couple dungeon, and vp items says the tuning is off. People will blow through the first tier of raiding content then, and that shouldn't be the case.

But I'll get to check that out myself shortly as we'll hopefully start raiding this week.

Vash is very nice looking indeed, but it did drag on far too long, and had it's issues myself and others brought up. So far, my favorite questing zone has been Twilight Highlands. Some challenging while leveling quests there, many different environmental looks, and such a broad variety of quests in general in there made it one of my favorite questing zones ever in any MMO I've played.
There's nothing wrong with complaining when it has merit; the difference is you complain about everything you possibly can find to complain about in the game, then revel in being a contrarian and go on these bizarre, irrational rants as though you're standing up to this Evil Corporation and its slave-like minions that are all out to get you.

Literally thousands of people complain daily about Warcraft and how Blizzard designs it, so you can just save that delusional fantasy where you're some brave lone soldier standing up Blizzard's tyranny.

80% of the things you complain about have no merit at all, and half of that is stuff you have no basis to complain about because you only are complaining on a conceptual level (i.e., "raids are too easy," but you haven't played any raids.)

Angry Grimace

88jrH.jpg

I feel like such a dick. But hey, money.

Rokam

Got the Skeletal Raptor mount and Clockwork gnome today, still no sign of Zin'Rokh :(. Going to try and get a Tol'vir dig site to spawn to see what my first item with them will be.

hamchan

ZombieSupaStar said:

Yeah I don't think I have the time or dedication to raid. I kinda just want to experience each of them once and then just pvp the rest of my days.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
hamchan said:
Yeah I don't think I have the time or dedication to raid. I kinda just want to experience each of them once and then just pvp the rest of my days.
I actually play the game way less when i raid. (compared to how much I'm playing right now) Showing up for a raid at a set-time 2-3 times every week usually takes out 10-15 hours of my time. (and usually less then that since i don't spend a full 5 hours on a raid depending on the time we start). PvP takes more dedication i think, if you want to be competitive.

Dresden

I can't believe I'm liking the level grind.

I've played twenty-six hours so far on this worgen warlock, over the last four days. I have no idea what I'll do once I hit up Outlands, though. It'll be painful going from the old world to TBC.

markot

Banned
Dresden said:
I can't believe I'm liking the level grind.

I've played twenty-six hours so far on this worgen warlock, over the last four days. I have no idea what I'll do once I hit up Outlands, though. It'll be painful going from the old world to TBC.
Grind the ogres in nagrand for the talbuk mounts >.< at least you get nice mounts from it and a few lvls, also que instances constantly inbetweens.

scoobs

Man heroics are TOUGH. Almost unpuggable. You need a very good shaman/paladin healer i think to survive long enough to kill most bosses in heroics and I definitely think priests are broken right now as a healing class.

Having said that... freaking love the new instances.

J-Rzez

Angry Grimace said:
and half of that is stuff you have no basis to complain about because you only are complaining on a conceptual level (i.e., "raids are too easy," but you haven't played any raids.)

What are you going on about, yet you continue to avoid the discussion? Yeah, I like to point out my complaints because miraculously sometimes it's like Blizzard reads these things and addresses them. I don't do this for myself to look like i'm doing a revolution, I just enjoy talking about the game I put most of my game time into, be it about the good or the bad.

Once again then, please try to explain to me why it seems totally normal for a guild to go into a raid on basically the first day of release, and down 8/12, now i think they're 11/12 even, in which Blizzard stated that you'd need to grind out a lot of gear off the bat to be effective in raids.

To me, it seems like something is broken here, undertuned perhaps, but I didn't expect said content that's going to be around for a good amount of time before the next patch to be seemingly quickly cleared out. This isn't like going from just for example, Heroic T1 to clear normal T2, this is going from quest rewards, some normal dungeon gear, and perhaps maybe some craftable gear.

And there are multiple guilds already accomplishing this apparently. I'll hopefully get to find out this week personally, but it's very odd reading this as it's totally against what Blizzard has said the content was supposed to be like.

scoobs said:
Man heroics are TOUGH. Almost unpuggable. You need a very good shaman/paladin healer i think to survive long enough to kill most bosses in heroics and I definitely think priests are broken right now as a healing class.

Yeah, the majority of the instances have been a good time thus far. They provide a decent challenge too for the most part, until I guess the inevitable over-gearing that'll happen in a few months or so.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
J-Rzez said:
What are you going on about, yet you continue to avoid the discussion? Yeah, I like to point out my complaints because miraculously sometimes it's like Blizzard reads these things and addresses them. I don't do this for myself to look like i'm doing a revolution, I just enjoy talking about the game I put most of my game time into, be it about the good or the bad.

Once again then, please try to explain to me why it seems totally normal for a guild to go into a raid on basically the first day of release, and down 8/12, now i think they're 11/12 even, in which Blizzard stated that you'd need to grind out a lot of gear off the bat to be effective in raids.

To me, it seems like something is broken here, undertuned perhaps, but I didn't expect said content that's going to be around for a good amount of time before the next patch to be seemingly quickly cleared out. This isn't like going from just for example, Heroic T1 to clear normal T2, this is going from quest rewards, some normal dungeon gear, and perhaps maybe some craftable gear.

And there are multiple guilds already accomplishing this apparently. I'll hopefully get to find out this week personally, but it's very odd reading this as it's totally against what Blizzard has said the content was supposed to be like.
You are correct sir. It's a no brainier.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Patience, friends. We will strike soon.
We must bide our time. They won't know what hit them.
We'll set flight once everyone's ready.
We'll set flight once everyone's ready.
We must bide our time. They won't know what hit them.
Hold your horses, friend. We'll hit them when we're all ready.
Really, Blizz?

Really?

Kweh

Is it worth going to Mt. Hyjal after I'm done with Vash'Jir? I want to try and check out every zone, but I'm cautious at hitting 85 way before I've seen alot of the later zones.

ezekial45

Banned
scoobs said:

I've been healing heroics on my shaman. Healing has become a lot different, and I enjoy the changes. I've pugged all the heroics i've been in. There are groups of people who would gladly stay even if you wipe a lot of times, and of course there are ragequitters.

Dina

Rapstah said:
I'm halfway to 84 now; would the recommended way be to do Uldum to 84 and then immediately go to Twilight Highlands?

No. Twi-Hi will not level you those needed 9Mil points. Also, the end of Uldum, at the temple, is fucking boss. I won't ever leave a zone without being done, apart from green/grey quests. Uldum is also fucking boss. The music, the looks, the quests, the story. Best zone in Cataclysm.

Naeblish

Halycon said:
Really, Blizz?

Really?
Lol yeah, i was just waiting for that quest to start for like 4 min... and that was a phased zone too right?

I know this has been asked many times, but what are the coolest zones (most changed) to go through as alliance, 1-60?

Dina

Can't wait to be back at home again on monday. No gaming for me during the weekends, alas, but back home I'm gonna rip up heroics like there's no tomorrow. Last friday I did Deadmines HC and it was brutal, but brutally fun also.

Kinda need CC tho, and a feral cat brings none. So I might just queue up as a bear instead.

Dresden

Naeblish said:
Lol yeah, i was just waiting for that quest to start for like 4 min... and that was a phased zone too right?

I know this has been asked many times, but what are the coolest zones (most changed) to go through as alliance, 1-60?
From what I've played through:

Westfall--too big, too spread out, rather dull with not a lot of changes

Redridge--FUCKING AMAZING KEESHANNNNNNNNNNNN

Darkshire--same fucking shit

STV--same fucking shit, just more convenient

Northern Barrens--slow start, end is pretty damn good

Western Plaguelands--pretty damn good

Level 40 now, on EPL.

Tamanon

Banned
Dresden said:
I bailed out after doing a couple Nesingwary/Rebel Camp quests. The Barrens stuff is better anyways.

Cape of Stranglethorn is pretty awesome now, especially when it sends you back to ZG.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
What are you smoking? Westfall changed a lot! Not as much as WPL for sure, but its still changed a lot. You also skipped most of STV simply because of some rebel & nesingwary quests? Well, you missed all the new stuff that came after this. Going into Zulgurub, and the pirate invasion of Booty Bay was great.

J-Rzez

DeathNote said:
You are correct sir. It's a no brainier.

I just went on MMO-C and even Boub has questioned this now. I understand the real-deal is HMs, but even still, to clear stuff out using quest rewards/normals/1-2 vendor pcs is just flat out odd. I would think it would've been: Quest Rewards -> Normals -> Heroics/Vendor/Faction/craftables -> Normal Raid -> HM. It's like they clipped out the middle part really.

Twig said:
Don't worry J-Rzez (pronunciation is what?!), I don't think you're a whiny bitch. U;

Rzez = Rez, first z is silent. :D

Kweh said:
Is it worth going to Mt. Hyjal after I'm done with Vash'Jir? I want to try and check out every zone, but I'm cautious at hitting 85 way before I've seen alot of the later zones.

I went Mt H -> Vash -> Deep -> TH. I did both starting zones to help fly through the first couple of levels really, then I finished at TH (didn't even get to finish all the quests there yet) as the XP gains were tremendous. I avoided Uld at the time as I heard far too many people were there since it's a cool zone. So I decided to pass, and now I'm going there being at lvl cap to check out the quests, gain some rep.

vilmer_

The Vortex Pinnacle has to be one of my favourite dungeons EVAR. From the epic music leading up into the clouds to the entrance, to the majestic serenity inside. LOVE it!!

notworksafe

J-Rzez said:
I went Mt H -> Vash -> Deep -> TH. I did both starting zones to help fly through the first couple of levels really, then I finished at TH (didn't even get to finish all the quests there yet) as the XP gains were tremendous. I avoided Uld at the time as I heard far too many people were there since it's a cool zone. So I decided to pass, and now I'm going there being at lvl cap to check out the quests, gain some rep.
Don't forget the gold! I'm sure questing at cap is quite ludicrous, with gold rewards being high even when getting XP.

My planned route is Mt H -> Vash -> Deep -> TH for gold and farming mats for crafted items.

nataku

The final goblin quest design is idiotic.

Nothing like having some random ass come up and get the boss a second before me. I have to wait, only to have the same shit happen 3 more times.

Is it so hard for Blizzard to just give everyone attacking him credit for the kill? It's not like I have the option of skipping the guy.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
nataku said:
The final goblin quest design is idiotic.

Nothing like having some random ass come up and get the boss a second before me. I have to wait, only to have the same shit happen 3 more times.

Is it so hard for Blizzard to just give everyone attacking him credit for the kill? It's not like I have the option of skipping the guy.
I swear I saw people get credit on some goblin starting area named monsters. Second island.

Milpool

DeathNote said:
So, what level is your guild? I'm level 2 with the daily cap easily met. I guess everyone should be under 5?

Guild hit level 3 today I think, it has 600+ members and I've never noticed anyone from it till I was invited 3 days ago.

nataku

DeathNote said:
I swear I saw people get credit on some goblin starting area named monsters. Second island.

I guess I should of mentioned the quest. It's the Final Confrontation quest, where you fight the Trade Prince.

I helped kill him 5 times with no credit because I didn't tag him fast enough.

Stuggernaut

Grandma's Chippy
Pugging some of the harder normals on my server sucks. Can only imagine how much Heroics will suck.

Things I have noticed in pugs...

- Priest healer = Bad .... For some reason (like someone here said) I think priests are broken, or changed so much that they need time to re-learn.
- Tanks are hit and miss...I frequently run into tanks that are WOTLK zergers that overwork the healers and cause wipes, then rage quit.
- DPS are the same. Some classes destroy still, mages seem to run out of mana a lot.

Almost EVERY one has someone in it who has attitude about people not knowing the fights which is stupid.

Above all of this though, they are fun..hehe...so it will all work out in the end.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
There's no rep requirement for guild level perks right?

All the rewards seem to require neutral.

I do see recipes and battle standards that require friendly.

Acidote

Report after a few days of the expansion: I've made more than 18k gs selling green non crafted gems :lol . Crafted gems are cheaper so I'm not making more of them. Saving blue gems for now.

And my main is 85, Loremaster of Cataclysm, blablabla...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom