• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Retro

Alex said:
I was very down on Worgen, but the males actually turned out very cool. Very well modeled and savage looking.

Females are a disaster. Creepy as shit.
Here's why; the males look like wolves standing upright, like a human but without actually having a human body. It still looks very much like an animal. The females, on the other hand look exactly like human women from the neck down, with a wolf's head slapped on top.

And I'll be honest, the males don't look bad at all. Very feral, very cool. The females are a trainwreck. Should have taken a page from LotRO's Dwarves and just had a male-only option. That would have worked out better for... well, just about everyone (except the furries, of course, but who cares about them? :lol)

Fragamemnon said:
Outlands is fast but pretty miserable to level in. The quest design, while leaps better than vanilla, is not quite as varied or as focused as the new Azeroth, and the story arcs in each zone not named Shadowmoon Valley just aren't that great or interesting. At least the money is good-the ores from the Outlands made me a bundle.
Yeah. Outland really feels disjointed too, with wildly different zones sharing insanely sharp borders. A friend and I have discussed it at length and we've come to the conclusion that Outland needed 2 less zones, but with the remaining zones increased in size, blended together, and given more attention / lore.

SquirrelNuckle said:
Just made 2k gold for selling a stack of volatile earth. :D
I stole a page from Grimace's unethical playbook and made a cool 400g selling Jeweler's Settings. I, on the otherhand, do not feel guilty at all; people who are too dumb to check the NPC standing next to the trainer or even wowhead are people too dumb to enjoy the benefits of digital wealth. Edit: Just checked my bank alt and they don't appear to be selling anymore. That's a shame.

Angry Grimace said:
I should really unload those 250 elementium ores, but I just can't do it. :D

Perhaps I'll take a look whether they are more or less valuable as ore or bars tonight.
I was selling Elementium ore for 18g a pop, but I think the little shit who thought he'd try to inflate the AH has the weekend off, since they stopped selling. It's still too soon in the expansion for people to have figured out how easy it is to get (I hope).

markot

Banned
Ive probably spent as long in queues for the game as I have been playing it since cata >_<

Blackrock got paired to a dead server, surprise no one moves. Not to mention people have been begging for xfers to open up to oceania servers for ages and blizz still cant be assed.

And outside of tits, having 8 or them or whatever... 6 maybe, I dont know I dont count em, but dogs of either sex are generally.... the same. There is no 'feminine dog' no 'masculine' dog. A dog is a dog, and like most animals, the only way to check is with the genital check.

Female worgens just look weird. Thats what they get for trying to make them 'sexy'.

J-Rzez

These heroics are fun so far. Stonecore is semi-serious business, even the trash is insane. The worm guy, those crystals turn into suicide bomber adds that need to be cc'd and blown up (or kited), then there's spider adds too. The rock dragon that drops the nice mount is fun using the rocks to LoS the one ability (if you were wondering why they LoS before, now you know). The Rock boss, omg, was that a blast (run speed increases are very nice here). Last boss isn't much special, besides kiting the adds through the void zones to kill them.

But anyways, the mechanics in there were very-very welcome. They posed a nice challenge, and I actually had a blast doing said heroic even. Way better than any experience in Wrath.

Oh, and I got my Heroic Sword from there, so I'm set for now. :D

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
sykoex said:
Wow I'm realizing spending all my JP before cata thinking I'd gain a ton while leveling was a horrible idea. Now I'm lvl 85, I only have 500 JP, and since I leveled mostly through archaeology my gear is so bad that I can't even queue for most of the normal mode dungeons. I guess I'll just go and quest like I probably should have done in the first place and hope for some awesome quest rewards.

You can get from 80 to 85 mostly by archeology?

Is it even a decent lvling speed, or are you mad? :lol

Also... 45 mins wait for DPS while lvling sucks! I hope it gets better at 85.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Retro said:
Here's why; the males look like wolves standing upright, like a human but without actually having a human body. It still looks very much like an animal. The females, on the other hand look exactly like human women from the neck down, with a wolf's head slapped on top.

And I'll be honest, the males don't look bad at all. Very feral, very cool. The females are a trainwreck. Should have taken a page from LotRO's Dwarves and just had a male-only option. That would have worked out better for... well, just about everyone (except the furries, of course, but who cares about them? :lol)

Yeah. Outland really feels disjointed too, with wildly different zones sharing insanely sharp borders. A friend and I have discussed it at length and we've come to the conclusion that Outland needed 2 less zones, but with the remaining zones increased in size, blended together, and given more attention / lore.

I stole a page from Grimace's unethical playbook and made a cool 400g selling Jeweler's Settings. I, on the otherhand, do not feel guilty at all; people who are too dumb to check the NPC standing next to the trainer or even wowhead are people too dumb to enjoy the benefits of digital wealth. Edit: Just checked my bank alt and they don't appear to be selling anymore. That's a shame.

I was selling Elementium ore for 18g a pop, but I think the little shit who thought he'd try to inflate the AH has the weekend off, since they stopped selling. It's still too soon in the expansion for people to have figured out how easy it is to get (I hope).
The Jeweler's Settings still sell, but they usually sell in huge batches to the same casual with a shitload of money. You have to wait for a new mark to log on and it can take a while.

J-Rzez said:
These heroics are fun so far. Stonecore is semi-serious business, even the trash is insane. The worm guy, those crystals turn into suicide bomber adds that need to be cc'd and blown up (or kited), then there's spider adds too. The rock dragon that drops the nice mount is fun using the rocks to LoS the one ability (if you were wondering why they LoS before, now you know). The Rock boss, omg, was that a blast (run speed increases are very nice here). Last boss isn't much special, besides kiting the adds through the void zones to kill them.

But anyways, the mechanics in there were very-very welcome. They posed a nice challenge, and I actually had a blast doing said heroic even. Way better than any experience in Wrath.

Oh, and I got my Heroic Sword from there, so I'm set for now. :D

I'd really love to just farm Zin'rokh if it weren't for the fact Archeology is apparently boring as shit.

Ridli

I thought I would be posting a lot more since Tuesday, but Cata has a firm grip on me. I ended up going Hyjal > Deep > Twilight Highlands, and I'm glad I did. I didn't realize how "Dwarf-centric" the highlands were going to be as Alliance, and I loved it. Love me those Wildhammers. If anyone has even the slightest interest in Dwarven lore, skip Uldum and go to TH immediately, it's worth it.

Unfortunately, I got bugged somewhere in Deepholm and phased out some questgiver, and am stuck at 117 quests. I can't get the achievement and it's really annoying me. Deepholm was probably my second favorite zone. It didn't hurt that I'm a miner and with the nodes being bugged and overpopulated I made a tidy sum selling elementium before they hotfixed the spawn rates. Still, working with the sorta-earthen and Therazane was real fun.

I have to say, I'm really impressed by Blizzard turning each zone into a self contained storyline with a definite beginning/middle/end. Hyjal it was quite clear you were working to awaken and then fight with the ancients, even ended with a "boss" fight to cap the storyline. Same thing with Deepholm and the World Pillar. I was commenting with a buddy of mine that these zones are more like chapters that you would find in a traditional action game, just spiced up with MMO mechanics, and it's really working for me.

I don't know if the same formula applies to the old world, but I'm more excited now to go back and clear Vashj'ir and Uldum than I ever was to clear out other zones in previous expansions when I had hit level cap. I never went into Storm Peaks or Netherstorm in LK and BC, for example, at least not for months until I wanted to quest out some gold or was completely bored with other content.

Right now, my main problem is Obsidium is still only really found in Hyjal and Vashj'ir, and it's quickly turning into the same issue we had in Wrath where the "starter" ore is more expensive than the final ore. But it's necessary to grind out to 500 smithing before I can fall back onto the more plentiful elementium. It's impossible to farm up Obsidium on my server though, the competition is fierce.

But finally got into 343-ish gear and it's time to start getting my face pounded in by heroics. Can't wait.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Ridli said:
I thought I would be posting a lot more since Tuesday, but Cata has a firm grip on me. I ended up going Hyjal > Deep > Twilight Highlands, and I'm glad I did. I didn't realize how "Dwarf-centric" the highlands were going to be as Alliance, and I loved it. Love me those Wildhammers. If anyone has even the slightest interest in Dwarven lore, skip Uldum and go to TH immediately, it's worth it.

Unfortunately, I got bugged somewhere in Deepholm and phased out some questgiver, and am stuck at 117 quests. I can't get the achievement and it's really annoying me. Deepholm was probably my second favorite zone. It didn't hurt that I'm a miner and with the nodes being bugged and overpopulated I made a tidy sum selling elementium before they hotfixed the spawn rates. Still, working with the sorta-earthen and Therazane was real fun.

I have to say, I'm really impressed by Blizzard turning each zone into a self contained storyline with a definite beginning/middle/end. Hyjal it was quite clear you were working to awaken and then fight with the ancients, even ended with a "boss" fight to cap the storyline. Same thing with Deepholm and the World Pillar. I was commenting with a buddy of mine that these zones are more like chapters that you would find in a traditional action game, just spiced up with MMO mechanics, and it's really working for me.

I don't know if the same formula applies to the old world, but I'm more excited now to go back and clear Vashj'ir and Uldum than I ever was to clear out other zones in previous expansions when I had hit level cap. I never went into Storm Peaks or Netherstorm in LK and BC, for example, at least not for months until I wanted to quest out some gold or was completely bored with other content.

Right now, my main problem is Obsidium is still only really found in Hyjal and Vashj'ir, and it's quickly turning into the same issue we had in Wrath where the "starter" ore is more expensive than the final ore. But it's necessary to grind out to 500 smithing before I can fall back onto the more plentiful elementium. It's impossible to farm up Obsidium on my server though, the competition is fierce.

But finally got into 343-ish gear and it's time to start getting my face pounded in by heroics. Can't wait.
Obsidium is reasonably plentiful if you know where to look. I tend to farm really late at night though, so ymmv

Evlar

Banned
Bisnic said:
You can get from 80 to 85 mostly by archeology?

Is it even a decent lvling speed, or are you mad? :lol

Also... 45 mins wait for DPS while lvling sucks! I hope it gets better at 85.
You can get to at least 83 doing nothing whatsoever except Archaeology (and the associated exploring XP when you get to the Cata zones). But damn, is it a loooooong process.

EDIT: I haven't done this- yet- so it's second-hand information. My main is currently 81 and about a third, and has yet to do a single Cata quest. I skilled up Mining to 525, spend some time grinding Elementium, and everything else is exploring XP and Archaeology (currently at 175).

Rpgmonkey

Wow, Throne of the Tides looked great!

My group wiped twice on one of the bosses, thankfully they were a fun and persistent crowd that at least didn't make their whining public (think only one or two people in the group went there before anyway). Never really had many tough experiences like this in the Lich King dungeons. I'm just mad I got no loot out of it. :/

Between that and the fairly enjoyable and faster-paced questing, I now have high hopes for this expansion. :D

speedpop said:
Anyone else not have the portal to Hyjal come up in Orgrimmar?

That portal would be in front of the roots right?

It's not there for me either.

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
It's funny, Vashj'ir and Deepholm both have not enough quests for their achievement, but Twilight Highlands has like 30 extra. It just kept going.

I think I did every single non-dungeon quest in the new zones though, aside from one or two random stragglers and some of the dailies. I'm all quested out.

TheExodu5

Banned
Oh my god. :lol

gobbles.jpg

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Angry Grimace said:
The Jeweler's Settings still sell, but they usually sell in huge batches to the same casual with a shitload of money. You have to wait for a new mark to log on and it can take a while.
I made a few hundred, but another person caught on and listed them for 5 gold less.

Twig

Banned
Sai-kun said:
:lol Wow. I did lol when he dragged a button off his actionbars at like 2;38 though.

People get so mad though. Jeez.
Yeah I laughed, too. Not least because I've done it before. >_>

YEAH I'M A FUCKING CLICKER (sometimes) WHAT OF IT

Ridli

Angry Grimace said:
Obsidium is reasonably plentiful if you know where to look. I tend to farm really late at night though, so ymmv

I think I just don't know where to look yet. I'll likely have to go back and pick up gatherer again so I'm not wasting time flying in barren areas. Also, this week is going to be a bad barometer of actual farming rates/return for the 80-82 zones, just due to the influx of players. I'm sure it'll stabilize, it's just tough now, heh.

Just finished a Heroic: Shadowfang Keep run. Holy crap that was intense. I didn't read up on any abilities, preferring to go in blind with some guildies. It was a lot of fun, learning as we go along. I was also quite used to being block capped before. Going in with less than 60% total avoidance/block made me feel quite squishy.

But it's clear that Blizzard has gotten much better at designing instances since launch. That place just feels claustrophobic at 85. So many pulls were fought in hallways barely wide enough to have two characters standing side by side. As someone who plays zoomed out quite a bit it was annoying seeing nothing but my back for most fights. Still, 70 Valor points banked and can't wait to try out deadmines next.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
I'm almost 82 from archeology and some mining. Says I've played for 5 hours. I did AH and old world ore farm for at least 2 or 3.

I might grind out 85 with arch, mining, and normal dungeons so I can get a lot of quest exp->gold. Would make a ton on ore/prospecting also.

Twig

Banned
DeathNote said:
I'm almost 82 from archeology and some mining. Says I've played for 5 hours. I did AH and old world ore farm for at least 2 or 3.

I might grind out 85 with arch, mining, and normal dungeons so I can get a lot of quest exp->gold. Would make a ton on ore/prospecting also.
This is actually my plan once I can play. I know everyone says archaeology is balls, but it sounds fun to me.

Umm but also I love fishing in WoW so you know. U:

Alex

Maxrpg said:
Harrison Jones quest line in Uldum - godtier.

Yeah it's great, lots of neat little cutscenes and some really funny little bits and mechanics. Running down a guy with the plane then the dog fighting was fun.

Raiden

Banned
Hello guys, another noobquestion that i could not google answer directly lol :(

I see that my guildlevel bar is full now, but somehow daily cap is 100% as the same as yesterday, do i need to do something extra before my guild levels?

Thanks in advance

J-Rzez

Angry Grimace said:
I'd really love to just farm Zin'rokh if it weren't for the fact Archeology is apparently boring as shit.

I didn't even try as a couple guildies said it was boring. But that sword is nice.

cdyhybrid

I've been a Horde lifer since WoW's early beta, but the Worgen starting area is making me reconsider...just an awesome vibe with the Worgen. Except for the females. Wish Worgen were Horde. Only race I'd like more would be Pandas :p

sykoex said:
Wow I'm realizing spending all my JP before cata thinking I'd gain a ton while leveling was a horrible idea. Now I'm lvl 85, I only have 500 JP, and since I leveled mostly through archaeology my gear is so bad that I can't even queue for most of the normal mode dungeons. I guess I'll just go and quest like I probably should have done in the first place and hope for some awesome quest rewards.
Doing quests for blues is a good idea, and also for rep. Most of the faction quartermasters have some piece of gear that you can wear at honored.

I spent most of mine before Cata on heirloom gear because I was so tired of doing the argent tournament dailies for seals. I got to 85 and didn't have a high enough i-level to do heroics. But what I don't understand is why you dont get any justice points for regular instances. We were getting them at level 80 doing super easy nerfed wrath content, so why at 85 do regular instances give us zero? lame and more lame.

Soule

Oh god I need some tips on Holy Priest healing, I seem to run out of mana after every trash mob :\ I now dread flash heal cause it kills my mana... what stats should I be looking for? I'm loading up on spirit as much as possible cause tbh the vast majority of my wipes tend to be cause it's gone on so long I can't keep healing, I /oom and regrettt... also heroics now are fuck hard @_@

How has other people's profession leveling experience been? Leveling my professions in Cata has not been enjoyable in the slightest when compared how it has been in the past expansions. I have tailoring and enchanting on my main and both have been all out frustrating. I don't know if there is any real difference between Cata and earlier expansions, but I just want to punch myself in the face. I'm so burned out on farming cloth that I finally resorted to spending large quantities of gold at the AH. I think i've burned over 3k gold so far and I'm still not even close to maxing tailoring. My enchanting is at 223. Thinking back to Wrath, you could buy the new enchanting recipes before you maxed out, and that really helped. In Cata, you can't even learn the new recipes until 525.

Rumor has it that the dragon mount recipe for alchemy (Vial of the Sands) requires a rare archeology item, so i know what I'll be doing when I hit 85 today. Leveling archeology.

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
Soule said:
Oh god I need some tips on Holy Priest healing, I seem to run out of mana after every trash mob :\ I now dread flash heal cause it kills my mana... what stats should I be looking for? I'm loading up on spirit as much as possible cause tbh the vast majority of my wipes tend to be cause it's gone on so long I can't keep healing, I /oom and regrettt... also heroics now are fuck hard @_@
if the trash mobs are taking too long to die that you go oom, it might be a problem with the dps in your group.

Retro said:
i actually like to do the opposite. there's some inscription dust that allows you to remove glyphs at lvl 85. vendors sell it for about 10g a pop. i made HEAPS of them to skill up the profession and then was just going to vendor them all, but then i figured if i can undercut the vendor by about 1g perhaps people will buy them. so i check the AH and there's already a shitload already on there for like 40g a pop. i was considering getting in on the con, but then i thought "fuck it" and flooded the AH with my dust, undercutting the other people and the vendors and then advertising it in trade channel so that people would by mine AND realise they can just buy it from vendors for 10g.

all the dust sold and i made a fairly decent profit above what i would've got had i just sold them to the vendor. some other inscribers are probably pissed i ruined their cash cow.

Sai-kun

Banned
krypt0nian said:
Rumor has it that the dragon mount recipe for alchemy (Vial of the Sands) requires a rare archeology item, so i know what I'll be doing when I hit 85 today. Leveling archeology.

I think it was confirmed that it drops from some kind of archaeology item.

I wish I hadn't constructed stuff as soon as I could. Now everything is grey and I only get points for putting crap together.

It that seriously how this will be until I reach 300?

Sai-kun said:
I think it was confirmed that it drops from some kind of archaeology item.

I wish I hadn't constructed stuff as soon as I could. Now everything is grey and I only get points for putting crap together.

It that seriously how this will be until I reach 300?

Yup just read that after 100 skill points its only archeology that levels it, not surveying. So save all your constructs for post 100.

Hit 85 last night.

Uhh

Druid healing is FUCKING HARD.

Regrowth is now a spell you almost NEVER use. I now use the shitacular Nourish which is now like the must use spell haha..

I had to change my spec up a ton to focus less on HoTs.. and more on direct heals. This stuff is hard..

:(

Sai-kun

Banned
krypt0nian said:
Yup just read that after 100 skill points its only archeology that levels it, not surveying. So save all your constructs for post 100.

i might be 85 irl before i get archaeology to 300

TurtleSnatcher said:
Hit 85 last night.

Uhh

Regrowth is now a spell you almost NEVER use. I now use the shitacular Nourish which is now like the must use spell haha..

I had to change my spec up a ton to focus less on HoTs.. and more on direct heals. This stuff is hard..

I thought Regrowth was our Flash heal?

krypt0nian said:
I thought Regrowth was our Flash heal?
Regrowth use to be the main heal and now it costs 7k a cast.. :lol

You get 10 of those and your OOM :(

So yea.. i barely use it. Healing Touch is about 5k mana.. slower cast time but is now essential.. and Nourish is 1.8k mana.. and it refreshes lifebloom and is the same cast time as Healing Touch and heals about 7-8k if you have a HoT on..

Your heals are the same as level 80.. now people just have a ton more health and take more dmg.. so yea it is hella tough. Also now since healing spell costs are all crazy high in mana cost.. you have to change the way you heal.

TurtleSnatcher said:
Regrowth use to be the main heal and now it costs 7k a cast.. :lol

You get 10 of those and your OOM :(

So yea.. i barely use it. Healing Touch is about 5k mana.. slower cast time but is now essential.. and Nourish is 1.8k mana.. and it refreshes lifebloom and is the same cast time as Healing Touch and heals about 7-8k if you have a HoT on..

Your heals are the same as level 80.. now people just have a ton more health and take more dmg.. so yea it is hella tough. Also now since healing spell costs are all crazy high in mana cost.. you have to change the way you heal.

Bizarre. But it will all change again when we are swimming in mana with some purples.

TurtleSnatcher said:
I still really doubt that.
Healing has changed for good.

Things will never go back the what they were, you're right.

But as far as mana, I thought the main resto sites were saying that things are far far different once you have the mana.

TurtleSnatcher said:
Hit 85 last night.

Uhh

LB tank. WG party when they're being stupid.
Clearcasting procs (You have the talent for CC when you use LB, right?!), cast HT on tank to refresh LB.
And for more intense fights, regrowth tank, Swiftmend, WG.
It took me a bit too, but it wasn't too hard to figure out what to use when.

And never use Nourish. It's useless now. HT is the same cast time and mana cost and does far more for you.

AceBandage said:
LB tank. WG party when they're being stupid.
Clearcasting procs (You have the talent for CC when you use LB, right?!), cast HT on tank to refresh LB.
And for more intense fights, regrowth tank, Swiftmend, WG.
It took me a bit too, but it wasn't too hard to figure out what to use when.

And never use Nourish. It's useless now. HT is the same cast time and mana cost and does far more for you.

This looks like what I've been reading at Restokin.

Dunlop

TurtleSnatcher said:
Hit 85 last night.

Uhh

I hear ya, I have to completely change my heal style for my holy priest whch used to be a druid wannabe (hots spec)..no a tank healer with the slow ass heal spell and fear casting anything else :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom