• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
I've been, up to this point, a person who finishes the quests in every zone before moving on to the next. With this expansion it's impossible. My paladin (Holy) is 100 quests into Vashj'ir and level 83. My warrior (Prot) is 82 and 60 quests into Mt. Hyjal. Both on their first zones. I know I'm not rushing leveling is so broken. One dungeon per day and about 20-or-so quests isn't that intense. But I'm guessing it breaks the "flow" of leveling.

Quest design is also the worst that it's ever been. Not talking about the old world. Those quests are awesome and you get a feeling of progression when you're moving. Doing these 3-quests per mini-hub is making me tired. Perhaps it's just the starting zones that are paced like this but if it's the entire expansion I'm going to get so tired.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Anyone know if Blizzard plans to add an Ink trader to old world cities? I'm glad my scribe is a Mage, because going to Dalaran by boat or zeppelin everytime would suck.

Bisnic said:
Anyone know if Blizzard plans to add an Ink trader to old world cities? I'm glad my scribe is a Mage, because going to Dalaran by boat or zeppelin everytime would suck.

Don't the Vend-O-Trons sell those?

nataku

Huh. I never noticed, but the barber shop has options available that aren't in the regular character creation.

My Tauren has about 5 extra horn options, and the Goblin has a few extra hair styles as well, including one I used in the Cataclysm beta and was disappointed to see it was taken out.

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
Any Shaman getting a weird Out Of Range bug with Lightning Shield? Every now and then it throws me into combat and then says I'm out of range, combat log has it pertaining to Lightning Shield. It's annoying as hell.

Mr Pockets said:
Pugging some of the harder normals on my server sucks. Can only imagine how much Heroics will suck.

Things I have noticed in pugs...

- Priest healer = Bad .... For some reason (like someone here said) I think priests are broken, or changed so much that they need time to re-learn.
- Tanks are hit and miss...I frequently run into tanks that are WOTLK zergers that overwork the healers and cause wipes, then rage quit.
- DPS are the same. Some classes destroy still, mages seem to run out of mana a lot.

Almost EVERY one has someone in it who has attitude about people not knowing the fights which is stupid.

Above all of this though, they are fun..hehe...so it will all work out in the end.

priest healing absolutely sucks ass, especially as disc. im just getting by as shadow for now

I enjoyed Hyjal a lot. I went to Vashj'ir second and I'm getting a little tired of the zone. The underwater thing was cool for a while but it's getting old. Just too many quests in the zone. I want to complete it before leaving so I'll stick it out and then move on. I'm 83 now.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
For some reason the coolest feature so far has been the name plates of mobs you need to kill for quests being shown.

Gone are the days of killing a bunch of mobs only to realise you were killing the wrong ones :lol

Gravijah

Has there been any word on Tol Barad queues being bugged? A few days ago, it would always end up at 1:1... but recently, one side has always outmanned the other by a lot (4:6, 2:4, etc)

It's extremely hard to win with it being so uneven.

SquirrelNuckle said:
Man maxing out my proffesions from 450 to 525 took no time at all.

Mining was easy. JC? Not so much.

NameGenerated said:
Any Shaman getting a weird Out Of Range bug with Lightning Shield? Every now and then it throws me into combat and then says I'm out of range, combat log has it pertaining to Lightning Shield. It's annoying as hell.

Yep.

Lumine

ToyMachine228 said:
I enjoyed Hyjal a lot. I went to Vashj'ir second and I'm getting a little tired of the zone. The underwater thing was cool for a while but it's getting old. Just too many quests in the zone. I want to complete it before leaving so I'll stick it out and then move on. I'm 83 now.

I'm in the exact same boat. Tired of the zone and at lv83 I just want to move on. On the other hand I got this far and I kind of want to finish it and at least discover the dungeon and the quest for it. It just keeps going on though. I prefered hyjal as well.

Bisnic

Is the only orange/yellow stuff you can make as Inscription between 487 and 500 two damn relics that require a lot of inferno inks? That sucks.

I'll have to make many origami slimes & rocks, and that stuff is green. :lol

Alex

I was very down on Worgen, but the males actually turned out very cool. Very well modeled and savage looking.

Females are a disaster. Creepy as shit.

Twig

Banned
nataku said:
Huh. I never noticed, but the barber shop has options available that aren't in the regular character creation.

My Tauren has about 5 extra horn options, and the Goblin has a few extra hair styles as well, including one I used in the Cataclysm beta and was disappointed to see it was taken out.
Really?

Gonna have to check that out, then!

The uh barber shop is just gold, right, not real money?

Bisnic

Twig said:
Really?

Gonna have to check that out, then!

The uh barber shop is just gold, right, not real money?

You never used the barber shop before? Its about time you try it out. :lol And yes, it has hairstyles not available through the character selection screen.

Mr Pockets said:
Pugging some of the harder normals on my server sucks. Can only imagine how much Heroics will suck.

Things I have noticed in pugs...

- Priest healer = Bad .... For some reason (like someone here said) I think priests are broken, or changed so much that they need time to re-learn.

I've definitely had problems healing as disc, everything seems to have scaled so poorly in comparison to the large health pools. Penance used to be a fairly good clutch heal but now it just feels like something to use to reapply grace stacks to the tank. The nerfs to the archangel subspec makes those talents worthless to anyone who's not shadow. I'm going to try holy and see how it works out, pugs aren't very forgiving to someone who's trying to learn a new spec though :lol

In any case, I got my shaman to 82 last night >.>

Cipherr

scoobs said:
Man heroics are TOUGH. Almost unpuggable. You need a very good shaman/paladin healer i think to survive long enough to kill most bosses in heroics and I definitely think priests are broken right now as a healing class.

Having said that... freaking love the new instances.

In two years we will have forgotten this initial difficulty and will be swearing up and down that heroics in Cata were always a faceroll :lol :lol

iammeiam

Are the AH prices for Enchanting Vellum still high on other servers, or is mine exceptionally slow to catch on?

I made 400g selling 39 of them last night, so I just bought 100 more and am trying to fire-sale them at 100g/stack. Assuming I can keep buying and reselling throughout the weekend, I'm going to be freaking rich shortly for essentially the effort involved in running between Stormwind's enchanting vendor and the AH. Level 42, no high-level alts, so trying to bank enough gold to buy all the necessary riding skills as I hit the appropriate levels.

Twig

Banned
Bisnic said:
You never used the barber shop before? Its about time you try it out. :lol And yes, it has hairstyles not available through the character selection screen.
I think I might have right after WOTLK came out but that was so long ago I don't want to say I actually did. I have a notoriously horrendous memory. U:

I'll definitely check it out next week after my finals are over!

Finally got out of Outlands on my Tauren Paladin and just starting Northrend, which I've never played before (quit in the middle of BC ages ago). Looking forward to seeing all the cool stuff.

Outlands is fast but pretty miserable to level in. The quest design, while leaps better than vanilla, is not quite as varied or as focused as the new Azeroth, and the story arcs in each zone not named Shadowmoon Valley just aren't that great or interesting. At least the money is good-the ores from the Outlands made me a bundle.

Still leveling my Paladin as Protection since killing eight mobs at once > killing one mob at once, but thinking about swapping into Holy once I hit 80 for the Cataclysm content. I played raiding a Holy Priest back in the days of 40-man BWL/AQ40/Naxx in vanilla and it sounds like healing in groups is more demanding than tanking.

KJTB

So I finally got to play the game a bit.

I started out in Hyjal but decided to go to Vashj'ir because in Hyjal I was getting ganked countless times by huge groups of horde (seriously, there were like 6 horde per alliance in Hyjal).

Just hit 82 and I really like Vashj'ir. The underwater aspect doesn't bug me as much as I thought it would have. The Worgen and Goblin starting zones are both very cool too. I'm pretty impressed so far.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
No one wants to buy my 900g chimera's eye. I have haf 3 of the only 5 on the server up for sell for the past few days. What should I drop it to?

DeathNote said:
No one wants to buy my 900g chimera's eye. I have haf 3 of the only 5 on the server up for sell for the past few days. What should I drop it to?

I have no idea myself. The last two days I've been seeing them in the AH for 2000g, but when I put them in there for 1200g no one buys them. I wonder if anyone at all is buying?

C.Dark.DN

Banned
funkmastergeneral said:
I have no idea myself. The last two days I've been seeing them in the AH for 2000g, but when I put them in there for 1200g no one buys them. I wonder if anyone at all is buying?
I was hoping for big spenders wanting to progress in raids fast but not a single soul has bought an eye from my AH.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Pretty normal for the AH to be so volatile during the first few weeks of an expansion. Things will eventually settle down and gain a foothold pattern. If you're trying to sell something and it isn't going, just drop the asking price by 50-100g.

Narag

krypt0nian said:
I hear ya. I'm banking all this crazy cash for my alchemy mount in the future. ;)

My plan as well. Crazy prices won't be around forever, the content will. I'll worry about levelling after I've made my cash.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
funkmastergeneral said:
The mere fact something is in the auction house at a specific price doesn't mean it will sell merely because it is the lowest one.

I've been selling Obsidium Executioners for 800 gold all day while other people just hold their stock becuase they won't put them below 1300. The materials really didn't even take that long to farm. It's basically like buying my epic flying for alts right now :lol

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
J-Rzez said:
What are you going on about, yet you continue to avoid the discussion? Yeah, I like to point out my complaints because miraculously sometimes it's like Blizzard reads these things and addresses them. I don't do this for myself to look like i'm doing a revolution, I just enjoy talking about the game I put most of my game time into, be it about the good or the bad.
Except 90% of the time you complain about non-legitimate shit like the dance studio and vague references to Blizzard not fulfilling promises they owed you.

Once again then, please try to explain to me why it seems totally normal for a guild to go into a raid on basically the first day of release, and down 8/12, now i think they're 11/12 even, in which Blizzard stated that you'd need to grind out a lot of gear off the bat to be effective in raids.
Because Naxx was hard, right? Naxx could very easily be done in level 80 non-heroic blues, actually. Particularly if you were Paragon.

Besides, you don't even have a frame of reference as to what gear they have. As far as you know, they grouped into 5 man groups and chained heroics for 12 hours in a row, in addition to stockpiling JP from Wrath. (hint: I assure you they did this to at least some degree)
To me, it seems like something is broken here, undertuned perhaps, but I didn't expect said content that's going to be around for a good amount of time before the next patch to be seemingly quickly cleared out. This isn't like going from just for example, Heroic T1 to clear normal T2, this is going from quest rewards, some normal dungeon gear, and perhaps maybe some craftable gear.
If ONLY Blizzard would invent some kind of system where you could make the encounters harder. If only.
And there are multiple guilds already accomplishing this apparently. I'll hopefully get to find out this week personally, but it's very odd reading this as it's totally against what Blizzard has said the content was supposed to be like.
I don't recall Blizzard saying anything like that. I think you just interpreted some things GC might have said at some point or another and transformed it into an official statement. It really isn't a legitimate complaint until YOU go in there are down 8/12 in quest greens.

Angry Grimace said:
The mere fact something is in the auction house at a specific price doesn't mean it will sell merely because it is the lowest one.

I've been selling Obsidium Executioners for 800 gold all day while other people just hold their stock becuase they won't put them below 1300. The materials really didn't even take that long to farm. It's basically like buying my epic flying for alts right now :lol

I'm well aware of that fact, I just have no idea what price it'll sell at. I've been moving it down but it still won't sell.

Angry Grimace

funkmastergeneral said:
I'm well aware of that fact, I just have no idea what price it'll sell at. I've been moving it down but it still won't sell.
Add up the cost of the materials and tack on a couple hundred gold for crafting cost, depending on what level it requires to make. The TH purchased recipes (i.e. elementium deathplate) are going to cost like 5Gs right off the bat, I assure you.

The fact that Truegold has to be made by an alchemist is quite irritating. I have an alchemist, but I'm not going to just go level her up to 525 when she's literally at the lowest level possible to acquire illustrious training. What a pain.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Angry Grimace said:
Add up the cost of the materials and tack on a couple hundred gold for crafting cost, depending on what level it requires to make. The TH purchased recipes (i.e. elementium deathplate) are going to cost like 5Gs right off the bat, I assure you.

The fact that Truegold has to be made by an alchemist is quite irritating. I have an alchemist, but I'm not going to just go level her up to 525 when she's literally at the lowest level possible to acquire illustrious training. What a pain.
That advice in the first paragraph is not helpful when figuring out a chimera's eye selling price. Their crafting cost is low. A 475 JC can by one with the daily JC token if they choose not to save the tokens for patterns.

The only thing we can do is keep lowering the price, which we are doing. But, my point was to see if anyone has had success yet cause I'm waitng at least half a day to test each listing.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Angry Grimace said:
Except 90% of the time you complain about non-legitimate shit like the dance studio and vague references to Blizzard not fulfilling promises they owed you.

Because Naxx was hard, right? Naxx could very easily be done in level 80 non-heroic blues, actually. Particularly if you were Paragon.

Besides, you don't even have a frame of reference as to what gear they have. As far as you know, they grouped into 5 man groups and chained heroics for 12 hours in a row, in addition to stockpiling JP from Wrath. (hint: I assure you they did this to at least some degree)If ONLY Blizzard would invent some kind of system where you could make the encounters harder. If only.
I don't recall Blizzard saying anything like that. I think you just interpreted some things GC might have said at some point or another and transformed it into an official statement. It really isn't a legitimate complaint until YOU go in there are down 8/12 in quest greens.
Was naxx almost cleared in those non heroic blues in the first few days?

Why does he have to be in quest greens? The fact that it's possible to down 80-90% of all the bosses in blues is bad IMO. There should be a good distribution of raid purples to kill last few bosses.

Angry Grimace

DeathNote said:
Was naxx almost cleared in those non heroic blues in the first few days?

Why does he have to be in quest greens? The fact that it's possible to down 80-90% of all the bosses in blues is bad IMO. There should be a good distribution of raid purples to kill last few bosses.
Naxx was cleared the week it was available to players (i.e. where players had achieved 80) on virtually every server.

As for the distribution of epic gear; there is, if it's your guild and not Paragon. You're really just discounting that Paragon by and large is far, far, better than the average guild. It's impossible to measure content difficult when your measuring stick are groups that recruit the best players across the entire EU.

Furthermore, there also weren't any hard modes in Naxxramas; the only hard mode was Sarth 3D which took a while before anyone killed.

Angry Grimace

DeathNote said:
That advice in the first paragraph is not helpful when figuring out a chimera's eye selling price. Their crafting cost is low. A 475 JC can by one with the daily JC token if they choose not to save the tokens for patterns.

The only thing we can do is keep lowering the price, which we are doing. But, my point was to see if anyone has had success yet cause I'm waitng at least half a day to test each listing.
The only comparable item was Dragon's Eyes, which really never sold for all that much when Wrath launched. Part of the problem is that the market is extremely limited for Eyes since the only people that can use them can already get them.

I just don't think they are a particularly good investment at the moment.

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
SquirrelNuckle said:
Just made 2k gold for selling a stack of volatile earth. :D

Yep, thank you new expansion, I've made around 18k gold from mining so far.

Angry Grimace

Iadien said:
Yep, thank you new expansion, I've made around 18k gold from mining so far.
I should really unload those 250 elementium ores, but I just can't do it. :D

Perhaps I'll take a look whether they are more or less valuable as ore or bars tonight.

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
Wow I'm realizing spending all my JP before cata thinking I'd gain a ton while leveling was a horrible idea. Now I'm lvl 85, I only have 500 JP, and since I leveled mostly through archaeology my gear is so bad that I can't even queue for most of the normal mode dungeons. I guess I'll just go and quest like I probably should have done in the first place and hope for some awesome quest rewards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom