• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.
ultron87 said:
Then why should DPS have to roll against you for their gear when you are tanking at the moment?

I said in my earlier post that I don't roll on DPS gear because I feel bad that they had to wait 30 minutes in a queue just to watch me steal their shit.

Macattk15

Twig said:
Oh man at this point I'm not sure if you're serious but I love you for it anyway.

I'm serious. I'm a rogue!

I was inspired by the trolling thread in OT, but what I said is true. A TON of the plate DPS gear can be used for tanking with reforging being in the game now.

Fularu

Banned
forgrim said:
But then again, I was the MT who was rewarded the first dropped Bonereaver Edge from the world first killed Ragnaros, so I'm also guilty of being a lootwhore hahaha.
Then you should have no problems naming the guild and server who did this? ;)

Macattk15 said:
Haha. They are getting trolled pretty hard.

I don't even have a tank!
Trolling and bragging about it is a no no on GAF

also, on the subject of drops and needing... a tank has every right to roll on

STR/STAM/HIT/EXP gear
STR/STAM/EXP/MAST gear
STR/STAM/HIT/MAST gear

Any one hander with STR on it (no matter the secondary stats).

After that, if the people he is running with have a 346 two hander (or two) and roll need on an another 346 one, he can need roll on it for all I care, he deserves it just as much. That's the only touchy subject as far as I'm concerned...

Hell even crit/haste gear is fine for tanks if it'S a clear upgrade over what they are wearing. (I'll take 1.5k hp over 0.40% dodge any day of the week)

mcrae

i posted a bit ago how i overgeared myself with cata green BoEs. 26k hp, 29k health, i can easily solo elites in the WOTLK dungeons 1 on 1.

so im doing so in a dungeon im in, doing safe single pulls because for some reason the tank is taking a long time. then the healer stops healing me. ok, whatever, like i said i can solo them easily.

next the tank says to stop healing me when im using the spell hellfire, since it damages me too. healer says he has, and so i start using rain of fire, even though its less dps, and other healers never care.

NEXT the healer says that he can just sit there since he is no need to level fast, and doesnt like noobs and idiots (speaking of me)

then eventually i got kicked after saying "ok my point of view is that if i can help us go faster because im overgeared then i should. this isnt a cata heroic so your argument doesnt apply' aaaaand i get kicked.

RAAAAAAAGE

Macattk15

DeathNote said:
I honestly believe you're trying to save face.

If that's your idea of trolling.. wow.

Honestly, why would I try to save face in this thread? I don't play WoW with any of you. I don't know any of you.

Fact of the matter is with reforging in the game, all gear can fill multiple roles. Is crit ideal for tanks? No. Is crit useless? No. Crit = More threat. So one can then reforge crit into a more tank oriented stat and still be perfectly fine tanking while using this piece of gear.

backpedal.gif

Honestly, saying "lololol i am trolling them!" is about the most pathetic and predictable way to back out of a losing argument. :lol

Either way I pity those who play with you.

Evlar

Banned
Running with an item that has reforged Crit to something tank-specific (+Dodge or whatever) is no different than running with +Crit gems. It's still a pretty bad waste of a stat. I guess we're in the "I'll get whatever I can take" stage of gearing up for the expansion but there's no question you're going to replace it ASAP.

Chavelo

webrunner said:
What if his tank is a Troll?

WOULDNT THAT BE EERIE

There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call... The Twilight Highlands.

Meh, let the troll be...

/throws attention to desperate man-child

Anyway, Vashjil is next up for my Cataclysm Loremaster achievement!

Kinda not liking all the money I'm getting from quests... Might make the AH market a bit weird.... :-/

Macattk15

LaserBuddha said:
backpedal.gif

Honestly, saying "lololol i am trolling them!" is about the most pathetic and predictable way to back out of a losing argument. :lol

Either way I pity those who play with you.

Why? My guild loves me!

Is it really this big of a deal when someone takes your Throne of the Tides or BRC loot? Do people really get this bent out of shape?

I've had gear stolen from me and sure I get a little angry especially if it's a deliberate ninja or the person is just a HORRIBLE player ... but I'm over it within a few minutes.

J-Rzez

I may bitch and moan, but I play by the rules and with courtesy to fellow players (fellow faction that is). When I tank, I only roll on tank gear unless nobody wants it, and I'll ask if I can take it for O/S. When I DPS, it goes the other way around. I maybe a prick sometimes to people with smart-ass comments, but I'm not going to nearly ninja-loot, on principle.

Tanks have gotten worse with their attitudes it seems from all the horror stories posted here or other forums, or /2. Thankfully, I don't have to deal with this nonsense due to being lucky to be in an awesome guild.

DeathNote said:
If something is useful in main spec, than that's that. A feral druid shouldn't be able to roll on a caster staff for their caster spec when the priest kept you alive.

People saying "do guild runs if you don't like competition" bugs me. Technically, you still compete for gear in all guild runs. But, obviously, them having it is useful to you. ..Until they decide on a different character, stop playing, or leave the guild.

You're arguing with the wrong person there. There's a reason they're on my ignore list, so I'd just cut and run before you're told you're a bad player and your guild is trash, even though they have no idea who you are. :lol

webrunner

I haven't resubbed yet, has there been a problem with DPS cloth rolling on Spirit and healers rolling on non-spirit cloth? Otherwise I think I'm okay since i main Mage (and my GF is a warlock so usually ONE of us gets something)

Rokam

webrunner said:
I haven't resubbed yet, has there been a problem with DPS cloth rolling on Spirit and healers rolling on non-spirit cloth? Otherwise I think I'm okay since i main Mage (and my GF is a warlock so usually ONE of us gets something)

I've seen it happen quite a few times, even with the clothies are wearing better gear. Some people didn't get the memo that spirit is ass for non healers.

KJTB

I tank dungeons and it does go either way. I've had dps roll on tank gear before and it's annoying as fuck.

I just ask if I can roll for O/S and if they say no, then w/e. If I want dps gear I just que for dps.

Macattk15 said:
Why? My guild loves me!

Is it really this big of a deal when someone takes your Throne of the Tides or BRC loot? Do people really get this bent out of shape?

I've had gear stolen from me and sure I get a little angry especially if it's a deliberate ninja or the person is just a HORRIBLE player ... but I'm over it within a few minutes.
The argument was never about ruining anyone's day and making them cut their wrists while sobbing to their mom. It was always a matter of being respectful to other players.

Macattk15 said:
Sick burns.

I don't care about people not on my server in WoW. How many people play WoW? What are the chances I see them again? I just don't care about whose day I ruined and nothing anyone says will make me care.

Karma will mean the same happens to me. Whatever, I'm fine with it. What goes around comes around. Its a game. If you really want something in it, you should try your best to set things up in your favor. It's not going to ruin my day if I lose Random Loot X from Throne of the Tides at level 81 to someones offspec.

And anyway, if I was sticking to tanking forever. Oh man that Plate DPS gloves has 400 crit rating and 300 expertise along with tons of STR and STA. Hello reforging. Who is to say that is purely DPS gear nowadays?

Sure, it's a game, but I can't help but judge that you are probably a pretty big douche in real life, based on your attitude, in general.

Twig

Banned
Fisticuffs said:
Sure, it's a game, but I can't help but judge that you are probably a pretty big douche in real life, based on your attitude, in general.
While I can understand WHY you would think that, it's not necessarily a safe assumption to make. I know people (personally) who are extremely nice on the internet, but huge assholes in real life, and people who are extremely nice in real life, but huge assholes on the internet.

It's a strange phenomenon, but it happens nonetheless.

Coeliacus

As a priest who spends 70% shadow leveling and the rest in instances as holy healing, I haven't minded rolling on dps gear and no one has called me out on it. I tend to stop rolling need if one of the other classes needs and the upgrade is not huge (which it usually is).

This is leveling though and half the time people hardly say a word until someone makes an arse of themselves. If I have to put my hand up to state that I'm making runs for DPS gear as a healer at end game then I guess I will.

Rapstah

ultron87 said:
I'm guessing that it isn't exactly soloable for a hunter at level 82? :lol
A few tanking classes could solo a few of the bosses at 80, I'm sure you'll be fine at least at 85 if now already. I'm also assuming there are unsoloable bosses because of mechanics though.

Fularu

Banned
ultron87 said:
I honestly don'T know.

I was soloing it fine as a fury warrior at 80.

Granted, I was in full ICC277 gear but you should have 0 problems (except chess event which cheats a lot and is a pita to solo) at 85.

Rapstah said:
A few tanking classes could solo a few of the bosses at 80, I'm sure you'll be fine at least at 85 if now already. I'm also assuming there are unsoloable bosses because of mechanics though.
They're all soloable and DKs have been soloing Kara since wotlk launched

Do the old cooking recipes to get from 400-425 still require you to do Dalaran dailies?

I can't use Orgrimmar Chef's awards until 450 (I think) and I'm out of recipes. =(

Chavelo

ultron87 said:

Extreme BM soloing, bro. The only way to go... Get yourself two tier-5 gear pieces for the bonus set, stack stam, and BAM.

Well, that was before the shattering... I dunno about now...

Twig said:
While I can understand WHY you would think that, it's not necessarily a safe assumption to make. I know people (personally) who are extremely nice on the internet, but huge assholes in real life, and people who are extremely nice in real life, but huge assholes on the internet.

It's a strange phenomenon, but it happens nonetheless.

He is very clearly demonstrating that he is a huge asshole online. The burden of proof is on him to display anything to the contrary.

You picked the wrong dick to suck in this thread.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Fularu said:
Kara should still be accessible. Its zone wasn't touched at all

You are correct. Though I'm not sure if it was around previously, but theres a ledge with an unopenable (as in its just a texture) door thats only accessible by flying mount.

Thought that was probably there before and just me hoping we'll see lower/reverse kara someday.

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
Macattk15 said:
Honestly, why would I try to save face in this thread? I don't play WoW with any of you. I don't know any of you.
to save face on the forum of course.

so anyway, are there any pro feral cats in this thread? looking for advice on stat priority. i have to admit i'm fairly clueless about about things like hit and expertise.

how much do i need to get "hit capped" against raid bosses?
is expertise worth it for melee dps (that mostly attack behind the boss)?
do i want more haste? more crit? more mastery?

from a few heroics i've found my biggest damage dealers are rake, rip and melee. so should I maximise my biggest damage (bleeds) by going for heaps of mastery? or do i go for haste to increase energy regen (and increased white damage) which means building combo points faster and getting my rip on quicker and shredding non-stop. crit also helps generate combo points faster since directly damaging yellow abilities that crit generate 2 combo points, and now that dot ticks can crit it also helps my bleeds.

it's all so complicated and i'm a terrible theorycrafter.

Yaweee

Scrow said:
to save face on the forum of course.

so anyway, are there any pro feral cats in this thread? looking for advice on stat priority. i have to admit i'm fairly clueless about about things like hit and expertise.

how much do i need to get "hit capped" against raid bosses?
is expertise worth it for melee dps (that mostly attack behind the boss)?
do i want more haste? more crit? more mastery?

from a few heroics i've found my biggest damage dealers are rake, rip and melee. so should I maximise my biggest damage (bleeds) by going for heaps of mastery? or do i go for haste to increase energy regen (and increased white damage) which means building combo points faster and getting my rip on quicker and shredding non-stop. crit also helps generate combo points faster since directly damaging yellow abilities that crit generate 2 combo points, and now that dot ticks can crit it also helps my bleeds.

it's all so complicated and i'm a terrible theorycrafter.

Go to the Elitist Jerk forums. Read, but never ever actually ask questions or comments there because you'll get banned.

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
Yaweee said:
Go to the Elitist Jerk forums. Read, but never ever actually ask questions or comments there because you'll get banned.
i already looked there. not much useful info i could find. the other problem is lots of info floating around is out of date, from wotlk era.

Rapstah

Scrow said:
i already looked there. not much useful info i could find. the other problem is lots of info floating around is out of date, from wotlk era.
The current hit cap should be 961 rating, 3243 for dual wielders. Unless I'm misreading http://www.wowpedia.org/Hit#Hit_rating_cap.

EDIT: And 1742 for casters apparently, I must've been a horrible player because I always went by the melee one-hand cap on my caster characters. :lol

I just hit 82 and I'm still not done with Vash'jir. Probably one of the most original quest lines Blizz has ever done but it's not the kind of thing I'd want to do again on another toon.

So far I'm loving Cata, although I am scared to queue up as a tank for the new instances. I don't know the runs yet and as tank people expect you to know everything.

KernelPanic said:
I just hit 82 and I'm still not done with Vash'jir. Probably one of the most original quest lines Blizz has ever done but it's not the kind of thing I'd want to do again on another toon.

So far I'm loving Cata, although I am scared to queue up as a tank for the new instances. I don't know the runs yet and as tank people expect you to know everything.

I've gone in to some instances and told them it's my first time tanking/being in the zone. Most people will just explain the fights to you. It's not like the bosses have crazy mechanics or something. These are still just regular dungeons.

Twig

Banned
LaserBuddha said:
He is very clearly demonstrating that he is a huge asshole online. The burden of proof is on him to display anything to the contrary.

You picked the wrong dick to suck in this thread.
I wasn't disputing the assumption. Just saying it's not a safe assumption. You sure did get mighty upset over something that was only tangentially related to the subject over which you're supposed to be raging!

As for this alleged dick-sucking... he's still providing more entertainment than you (at least, intentionally providing), so I'll suck his dick over yours any day!

Twig said:
I wasn't disputing the assumption. Just saying it's not a safe assumption. You sure did get mighty upset over something that was only tangentially related to the subject over which you're supposed to be raging!

In no way did what I say imply that I was upset about your statement.

Twig said:
As for this alleged dick-sucking... he's still providing more entertainment than you (at least, intentionally providing), so I'll suck his dick over yours any day!

Just quoting this in case I ever need it in the future.

Twig

Banned
LaserBuddha said:
Just quoting this in case I ever need it in the future.
Do you even have a sense of humor? You're taking this shit way too seriously, buddy!

e: lol not even gonna give a serious response to your edit cause you just don't get cats, beartato

Twig said:
Do you even have a sense of humor? You're taking this shit way too seriously, buddy!

Actually, the fact that I quoted it itself implies a sense of humor. You're not very good at reading people. :/

e: lol not even gonna give a serious response to your edit cause you just don't get cats, beartato

wat

I don't go for this gay druid stuff.

KernelPanic said:

I don't know how much of a nerd you want to be, but I just go to youtube and search for the dungeon before I run it (I do this on spare time when I'm not actually playing). There's usually a quick video of a run complete with commentary about what the encounters entail. It's not a substitute for actual experience, but it'll give you enough to go in with.

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
Rapstah said:
Did you do more cocaine than you usually do tonight or something? Jesus.
ludwig.gif

Twig

Banned
Rapstah said:
Did you do more cocaine than you usually do tonight or something? Jesus.
I'm about to take a final and I'm really nervous and have nothing left to study 'cause I've studied everything I can think of and am panicking as I always do and this affects my attitude elsewhere.

I don't handle tests well. U:

I make no promises that this is my actual reason for acting more of a fool than usual, but it's entirely possible!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom