• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Azwethinkweiz said:
I won't roll need on DPS stuff just because I feel bad screwing someone who probably waited 30 minutes in the queue. But I would leave those assholes to find a new tank if any of them try to roll need on my shit. And I tell them that too. Most people are not delusional enough to think I need them as much as they need me.
You might get grouped with people faster than them, but I'm sorry, once the group is made you needed them as much as they needed you to down that particular boss you all spent time on.

Dunlop

DeathNote said:
So, basically, a tank can do whatever he wants? If DPS insist on rolling on his tank only gear he just leaves them hanging and uses his nice instant queue for another group?

Fuck that. You need a healer,dps, and everyone's time to down the boss as well.

that's it. it's been so long. :lol

I mentioned it's bad form to roll on the items but as long as the DPS can roll on your tanking or healing gear than who cares? I never did it personally, I would send out a party message mentioning that I will need for OS if the particilar player didnt need it, but have had a ton of gear "ninja'd" off me as well. Thats why we are running in guilds

You might get grouped with people faster than them, but I'm sorry, once the group is made you needed them as much as they needed you to down that boss you all spent time on.

While not a factor now with the addition of the need to use CC again, in WOTLK you could have a DPS afk for he entire run and you would hardly be impacted, you absolutely need a healer and tank and they are the 2 roles that take most of the shit if anything goes wrong.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Dunlop said:
I mentioned it's bad form to roll on the items but as long as the DPS can roll on your tanking or healing gear than who cares? I never did it personally, I would send out a party message mentioning that I will need for OS if the particilar player didnt need it, but have had a ton of gear "ninja'd" off me as well. Thats why we are running in guilds

While not a factor now with the addition of the need to use CC again, in WOTLK you could have a DPS afk for he entire run and you would hardly be impacted, you absolutely need a healer and tank and they are the 2 roles that take most of the shit if anything goes wrong.
That was after we out geared the instance and people only farmed emblems...

When all 5 people need gear and the content is hard... no... i'm sorry... everyone was important to the particular group to down the bosses. Everyone spent time and effort.

You give an example on how everyone would die without a tank or healer in wotlk dungeons, right now everyone would die in cat dungeons without dps.

Edit: And Yes, I do agree that when we outgear cat dungeons tanks and healers are more important. But, people wont care about the gear and there will be less restriction.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
DPS arent only needed now because of CC. Healer run out of mana much more faster than before. You let a tank handle a group of 4 or 5 monsters alone with his healer and you can be sure those 2 will die once the healer is OOM, which will happen rather fast. It was almost impossible for a healer to go OOM not so long ago, but its a different story now. I'm sure they appreciate all the free food my mage give them now. While it was rather useless a few months ago. :lol

Dunlop

DeathNote said:
That was after we out geared the instance and people only farmed emblems...

When all 5 people need gear and the content is hard... no... i'm sorry... everyone was important to the particular group to down the bosses. Everyone spent time and effort.

You give an example on how everyone would die without a tank or healer in wotlk dungeons, right now everyone would die in cat dungeons without dps.

I said right now it is the case that everyone is needed (especially classes with great CC capability), but due to the lack of enrage timers in heroic runs missing a DPS would not cause the run to end it would just take longer. but as mentioned this was because of the absolute lack of any CC needed and people easily outgearing the instance.

Because of the lack of enrage timers, we actually finished Heroic Halls of Origination on heroic by double healing some of the boss fights.

I'm not trying to bash DPS classes theya re absolutely needed now with the new party mechanics. Also there are some classes that literally have no choice on what role to queue for and we are all paying to play in whatever way we find most enjoyable. I was stressing that there is no golden looting rules with pugs.

Retro

Had a Druid tanking... in cat form... Need rolling on a Bow (I outrolled him by 7) and a Two-handed Axe... neither of which Druids can use.

Only seen one Tankadin with Righteous Fury on today.

What the fuck happened to the world... of warcraft? :lol

Fularu

Banned
Proper cooldown usage (various stuns, getting out of damage range, reflecting spells) and communicating with your healer makes most of the packs duoable by a healer and the tank. Actually, the healers I know who run out of mana on trash pulls are those trying to save the various DPS from dying when they pull by beeing complete retarded fucks.

As for bosses, while I still have to tank Gim Batol, Blackrock or Shadow Fang Keep, most of them never posed a single problem, mana wise, to my healers.

Hell I've done instances where the only real "CC" we had was a sap (myself, two shadow priests, a rogue and a paladin healer).

Also feel free to kick the tank from yoru group because he needed on the DPS items. You'll only have to wait an another 15 minutes to get a new one :p

Retro said:
Had a Druid tanking... in cat form... Need rolling on a Bow (I outrolled him by 7) and a Two-handed Axe... neither of which Druids can use.

Only seen one Tankadin with Righteous Fury on today.

What the fuck happened to the world... of warcraft? :lol

The good old days of Hunter Loot are back! With more retards than ever!

DeathNote said:
You might get grouped with people faster than them, but I'm sorry, once the group is made you needed them as much as they needed you to down that particular boss you all spent time on.

I can queue again. I'm not going to spend time in a dungeon where I have to roll against DPS for my gear anyway. It's a waste of time. I can queue again shortly.

Edit: And while I know DPS are most likely more valuable in heroics, due to their CC, I can say that I have tanked all the regular dungeons so far in the xpac and you don't need to CC at all in any of them. I AoE tanked them all no problem.

Evlar

Banned
Fularu said:
Also feel free to kick the tank from yoru group because he needed on the DPS items. You'll only have to wait an another 15 minutes to get a new one :p
What kind of weak-ass justification is that? The tank could roll Need on cloth caster gear, too, and when we kick him we're going to have to wait the same 15 minutes.

Twig

Banned
Fularu said:
Roll on anything you need. Without the tank there's no run, roll and let them cry

Most of the DPS pieces can be used for tanking regulars now anyway, you only really need tanking gear for heroics, and that's about it.
+1

So aside from Cleansing Totem being removed (and the ability to dispel poison in general), as well as the beloved Sentry Totem, anyone else who has a shaman feel really powerful at the moment?

My shammy is ele/resto, and I have had no issues with mana while healing so far - though once I get to 85 and the scaling kicks in, I'll probably feel it.

But spirit=hit for ele just means tons of regen, and having two fantastic CCs right now (Bind Elemental and Hex), as well as our plethora of totem buffs and Bloodlust (Heroism doesn't exist in my mind, sorry), I've been having a lot of fun playing him.

Shammy is 83 at the moment, warrior 82. DK was 85 by Wednesday or Thursday.

ultron87

Azwethinkweiz said:
I can queue again. I'm not going to spend time in a dungeon where I have to roll against DPS for my gear anyway. It's a waste of time. I can queue again shortly.

Then why should DPS have to roll against you for their gear when you are tanking at the moment?

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Dunlop said:
I said right now it is the case that everyone is needed (especially classes with great CC capability), but due to the lack of enrage timers in heroic runs missing a DPS would not cause the run to end it would just take longer. but as mentioned this was because of the absolute lack of any CC needed and people easily outgearing the instance.

Because of the lack of enrage timers, we actually finished Heroic Halls of Origination on heroic by double healing some of the boss fights.

I'm not trying to bash DPS classes theya re absolutely needed now with the new party mechanics. Also there are some classes that literally have no choice on what role to queue for and we are all paying to play in whatever way we find most enjoyable. I was stressing that there is no golden looting rules with pugs.
Skill is going to vary too much. I don't see a random group of 3 or 4 people be able to clear a cat heroic.

Let me rephrase something. The majority needs to agree at the start of the instance if you can need for off spec. 1 person shouldn't be able to decide. It's assumed to be main spec need only until someone asks after loot or an asshole does whatever he wants.

Fularu

Banned
Evlar said:
What kind of weak-ass justification is that? The tank could roll Need on cloth caster gear, too, and when we kick him we're going to have to wait the same 15 minutes.
Again, bear tanks need the rogue's DPS gear, warrior/paladin/DK tanks have a legitimate (with reforging) use out of the DPS pieces.

The days of "omg it's mah loot" are over. If you don't want to compete on drops, do guild runs

Well this is new, and AWESOME. You wonder why they didn't have this before :lol

Beginning with Arena Season 9, we're giving Arena and Battleground teams the option to challenge each other to War Games, a new kind of skirmish that allows teams to practice, set up matches against friends or rivals, or even try out potential recruits. We've prepared a handy FAQ to explain how it works.

Q: What's a War Game?
A: A War Game is an unranked match in which one group of players challenges another group to an Arena or Battleground skirmish in a setting of their choosing. You will be able to initiate a War Game by using the /wargame or /wg command, as explained below.

Q: When will War Games be available?
A: War Games will become available with the start of Arena Season 9. After that point, you'll be able to play a War Game at any time, regardless of whether a season is underway.

Q: How does it work?
A: After you've formed your group, use the /wargame or /wg command to challenge another group leader to a War Game match, like so:

/wg groupleadername mapname

If mapname is left blank, a random Arena or Battleground will be chosen automatically based on the initiating team's size.

For example: JohnnyRaider wants to challenge TommyPvP to a 2v2 Arena skirmish in the Nagrand Arena. After each forms a separate group with his respective Arena partner, JohnnyRaider uses the following command to start the War Game:

/wg tommypvp nagrand arena

TommyPvP will receive a pop-up notice stating "JohnnyRaider has challenged you to a War Game in the Nagrand Arena."

TommyPvP then has a little over a minute to accept the challenge. Once he accepts, each group will be placed in the queue and will receive a pop-up window prompting them to enter the skirmish once it's ready.

Q: Can I play War Game skirmishes against members of my own faction?
A: Yes! The War Game skirmish system allows you to challenge players in your same faction to Arena and Battleground matches. You can also challenge those of the opposite faction.

Q: Do I have to type the whole map name, or can I just type "/wg tommypvp warsong" to enter Warsong Gulch?
A: You can type only part of the Arena or Battleground name, and the system will select the closest match. If you want to be safe, you can use the entire name (as below) to launch a War Game skirmish.

Arenas:
Blade's Edge Arena
Dalaran Sewers
Nagrand Arena
The Ring of Valor
Ruins of Lordaeron

Battlegrounds:
Alterac Valley
Arathi Basin
The Battle for Gilneas
Eye of the Storm
Isle of Conquest
Strand of the Ancients
Twin Peaks
Warsong Gulch

Random map options:
Random Battleground
All Arenas

Q: Can I challenge a team from another realm to a skirmish?
A: No, you can only challenge opponents on your own realm.

Q: Can I start a game if one team has fewer group members than the other?
A: You are able to create a Battleground War Game with uneven team sizes, but you are not able to create an Arena War Game with uneven team sizes. For example, an 8v5 Warsong Gulch War Game is possible, but launching an Arena War Game with uneven team sizes won't work.

Q: What's the largest possible size for a War Game?
A: Arena War Games can support up to 5v5 matches. Battleground group sizes are limited to the maximum number of participants each map normally allows.

Q: Are any statistics recorded from War Game skirmishes?
A: No, they work similarly to the old Arena skirmish system. Kills, damage, and healing are tracked and displayed at the end of the match, but wins and losses are not.

Q: How long does it take for a War Game match to start?
A: Once the challenge has been accepted, you will generally be through the queue in less than 30 seconds. War Games offer you a quick way to get into practice matches with other teams, test out potential recruits, or just have fun with your friends.

Q: Can I receive achievements or guild experience in a War Game?
A: Because you can pick who you play against, nothing is awarded for playing in these skirmishes -- except for the rush that comes with a hard-won victory, of course.

Q: Do I get honor for killing players in a War Game Battleground?
A: No. These are skirmish matches, so no honor is awarded for objectives or kills.

Q: What’s the difference between the /wg command and the War Game button in the PvP interface?
A: The War Game button is used only for launching Battleground matches. The /wg command covers both Battleground and Arena skirmishes. We plan to further integrate the War Game feature into the PvP interface in a future patch.

Q: Why have you added this feature?
A: Players have long been asking for a way to challenge specific teams, guildmates, friends, and rivals to skirmish matches in Arenas and Battlegrounds of their choosing. We hope you enjoy this new feature, and we look forward to seeing you on the battlefield!

Link to the post: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/1597874

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Fularu said:
Again, bear tanks need the rogue's DPS gear, warrior/paladin/DK tanks have a legitimate (with reforging) use out of the DPS pieces.

The days of "omg it's mah loot" are over. If you don't want to compete on drops, do guild runs
If something is useful in main spec, than that's that. A feral druid shouldn't be able to roll on a caster staff for their caster spec when the priest kept you alive.

People saying "do guild runs if you don't like competition" bugs me. Technically, you still compete for gear in all guild runs. But, obviously, them having it is useful to you. ..Until they decide on a different character, stop playing, or leave the guild.

KJTB

Hit 85 last night and passed the fuck out :lol

Really enjoyed the 80-85 leveling, it seemed to go by quickly but not too fast. Now it's time to gear up, figure out my specs, and play around on alts :D

Macattk15

I tank instances for the instant-queues, but I'm also a fairly capable tank ... I roll on everything I can use for tanking or DPS. These are PUG's. I owe them nothing. If they want their loots to themselves well then they should probably go with a bunch of their guildies or at least people on their own server.

I especially don't care when I take DPS loot while tanking for Ret pallies or DK's. You both have tank specs, do what I'm doing if you want instant queues, not my problem if you hate tanking that much.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Macattk15 said:
I tank instances for the instant-queues, but I'm also a fairly capable tank ... I roll on everything I can use for tanking or DPS. These are PUG's. I owe them nothing. If they want their loots to themselves well then they should probably go with a bunch of their guildies or at least people on their own server.

I especially don't care when I take DPS loot while tanking for Ret pallies or DK's. You both have tank specs, do what I'm doing if you want instant queues, not my problem if you hate tanking that much.
Then I suppose you don't care if a DPS rolls on your tank loot? If you have a double standard... insert what you want here.

ultron87

Macattk15 said:

Would you have killed those bosses without their DPS? No? Then you owe them something.

Chavelo

Macattk15 said:

I kind of don't like you now, tank diva.

A lot of you have severe entitlement issues. If you don't like tanking, then DPS--don't just steal loot because you feel it's owed to you because you're making some noble sacrifice by tanking.

It's not like you're actually doing anyone a favor by tanking and then stealing all the loot. Sure, their DPS queue is longer than yours--but they're in the queue as DPS precisely because they want to get gear as DPS. So you tanking and saying "you wouldn't have had a group otherwise" is a poor justification--had you not shown up, another less selfish tank could have showed up in another five minutes and may have made their run worthwhile. You just made their 45 minute wait absolutely worthless by being a selfish ass.

You're all in the instance for the same reason: to have fun and gear up. When one person isn't playing by the rules it sucks for everyone else.

Dunlop

SnakeswithLasers said:
A lot of you have severe entitlement issues. If you don't like tanking, then DPS--don't just steal loot because you feel it's owed to you because you're making some noble sacrifice by tanking.

It's not like you're actually doing anyone a favor by tanking and then stealing all the loot. Sure, their DPS queue is longer than yours--but they're in the queue as DPS precisely because they want to get gear as DPS. So you tanking and saying "you wouldn't have had a group otherwise" is a poor justification--had you not shown up, another less selfish tank could have showed up in another five minutes and may have made their run worthwhile. You just made their 45 minute wait absolutely worthless by being a selfish ass.

You're all in the instance for the same reason: to have fun and gear up. When one person isn't playing by the rules it sucks for everyone else.

doesn't the new loot rules prevent you from rolling on gear outside your chosen role now?

Macattk15

DeathNote said:
Then I suppose you don't care if a DPS rolls on your tank loot? If you have a double standard... insert what you want here.

Nope don't care. I don't plan to tank in raids. I get instant queues, I'll get my loot eventually.

ultron87 said:
Would you have killed those bosses without their DPS? No? Then you owe them something.

I also would of killed those bosses if they dropped group and DPS #18979428942 came in their place.

Hell, I often do more DPS than some DPS classes while tanking. Thanks Inner Rage!

Chavelo said:
I kind of don't like you now, tank diva.

Don't care! Better not get in one of the groups I'm in, I'll take your loots!@!@!

I've played the game too long to care about stealing loot from "shitties" doing 2k dps and getting themselves killed on bosses in normal dungeons.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Macattk15 said:
Nope don't care. I don't plan to tank in raids. I get instant queues, I'll get my loot eventually.
If the other 4 people want to roll need of off specs great. You're not entitled to be the one that decides if the rest of the group gets mad.

Macattk15 said:

You serious? Lol. Way to be an ass. It has nothing to do with owing anyone anything.

Macattk15

DeathNote said:
If the other 4 people want to roll need of off specs great. You're not entitled to be the one that decides if the rest of the group gets mad.

I never said I was entitled to anything because I'm tanking. I luckily however do have the choice on whether I want a piece of gear or not. I care not what Joe Blow from Moonguard thinks of me after I win a roll on plate DPS gloves.

I don't run around proclaiming "I'm the tank, I'm awesome, you should all bow to my greatness."

I've lost plenty a rolls in my day to tanks / healers / other DPS .... whatever. Not worth getting mad about.

Add me to the pile of assholes that play the game I guess. I mostly stick to guild runs at 85 anyway ... ya know, where the gear you get actually matters instead of "leveling" blues.

ultron87

If you tell your group you are intending to roll on off-spec gear at the start of the dungeon and they all agree I can find no fault in this. If you don't mention it at all and Need on everything and everything that could be useful to you, you are a piece of shit.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Macattk15 said:
I never said I was entitled to anything because I'm tanking. I luckily however do have the choice on whether I want a piece of gear or not. I care not what Joe Blow from Moonguard thinks of me after I win a roll on plate DPS gloves.

I don't run around proclaiming "I'm the tank, I'm awesome, you should all bow to my greatness."

I've lost plenty a rolls in my day to tanks / healers / other DPS .... whatever. Not worth getting mad about.

Add me to the pile of assholes that play the game I guess. I mostly stick to guild runs at 85 anyway ... ya know, where the gear you get actually matters instead of "leveling" blues.
If 4 people decide to kick you, no, you don't have a choice.

You kind of need dungeon blues to be able to progress in the new raids. I guess you liked to be carried and skip gear?

Macattk15

DeathNote said:
If 4 people decide to kick you, no, you don't have a choice.

You kind of need dungeon blues to be able to progress in raids. I guess you liked to be carried and skip gear?

If 4 people kick me, I queue and instantly get in another group ... all after winning whatever piece of loot they kicked me for.

You don't need dungeon blues to level to 85, you can do it in greens, anything else just makes it a TAD bit easier. At 85 if you want shit, you should probably run with your guild. I run the 85 instances / heroics with my guild anyway.

Carried? Who says I was ever carried. I actually killed heroic LK before 30% buffs.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Macattk15 said:
If 4 people kick me, I queue and instantly get in another group ... all after winning whatever piece of loot they kicked me for.

You don't need dungeon blues to level to 85. At 85 if you want shit, you should probably run with your guild. I run the 85 instances / heroics with my guild anyway.

Carried? Who says I was ever carried. I actually killed heroic LK before 30% buffs.
They waited perhaps 30 mins to get gear so they progress. If you want to steal their dps gear, kicking you is better for them regarding future instance drops. It doesn't matter how easily you can queue. Another group can decide if they want your entitlement complex. If they are ok with it, good for you? But, I'm sorry, not everyone is going to let you decide when people need gear from heroics.

Dunlop said:
doesn't the new loot rules prevent you from rolling on gear outside your chosen role now?
No, just loot outside of what you can wear and has stats you can use.

Hunters can't roll on any mail with INT. Warriors can't roll on plate with INT.

But a Paladin that is tanking can roll on the +SPI and +INT plate, shield, sword or off-hand--even if the healer needs it.

It wouldn't be a bad situation if there weren't greedy people running around. But outside of adding a 3rd option (like off-spec need), there isn't really anything that can be done.

ultron87

SnakeswithLasers said:
It wouldn't be a bad situation if there weren't greedy people running around. But outside of adding a 3rd option (like off-spec need), there isn't really anything that can be done.

Some sort of penalty (not being able to requeue?) for getting booted from a Dungeon Finder group wouldn't be a terrible idea. But then people would just grief that by grouping with guildies and booting people for shits and giggles.

Stuggernaut

Grandma's Chippy
Anyone else noticing mages feel a bit off?

- They seem to burn through mana REALLY fast
- The DPS is not consistent, some fights it is really high, most of the time low. I frequently see mages getting 3rd-4th in DPS in 5 mans (I hear it is worse in raiding)
- DPS/Damage does not seem to scale. Mages doing very similar dmg from 81-85
- crit reliance is very high, but most crit talents gone and crit bonus is very low. Fire mages very rarely getting pyro proc sucks.
- +hit requirement is VERY high (2000+ at 85) making it a struggle to hit the cap, which again lowers DPS.

These and some buggy spell mechanics make for a lot of frustrated mages.

I have noticed when I play my mage (85) and I do everything I can to pump out DPS I struggle to be 2nd or 3rd on most fights and sometimes I am crushed by lvl 81-82 hunters, shamans, and druids. Level 81 players in garbage gear should not be easily topping DPS charts vs an 85 in heroic + JP gear with new enchants/gems etc.

Although sometimes I get lucky with crits and shoot up the charts, see above for why that sucks.

Like I said something feels off...hehe

Pre-Cata, #1 in 95% of the runs I was on...now? Well not so much.

Guess I better get epics to compete with those 81's :lol

Macattk15

DeathNote said:
They waited perhaps 30 mins to get gear so they progress. If you want to steal their dps gear, kicking you is better for them regarding future instance drops. It doesn't matter how easily you can queue. Another group can decide if they want your entitlement complex. If they are ok with it, good for you? But, I'm sorry, not everyone is going to let you decide when people need gear from heroics.

Cry me a river man. I've had tons of people steal gear from me. As long as assholes are going to be able to run rampant in the game, I might as well become one. Can't beat em, join em.

Entitlement complex? I don't feel entitled to anything because I'm tanking. In the era of dual specs, I can fulfill multiple roles at the push of a button, so I'll roll on what I can use. If you don't like it, kick me / leave / or realize this leveling gear isn't worth the tears.

And I'm not even talking about heroics lol. I'm talking about instances while leveling. Who cares about a DPS 2H'er from Stonecore going to anyone when you're going to get better shit questing????

I RUN HEROICS COMPLETELY IN GUILD, FOR THE 5TH TIME. I'm not putting up with PUG retardation in those.

Macattk15 said:
Cry me a river man. I've had tons of people steal gear from me. As long as assholes are going to be able to run rampant in the game, I might as well become one. Can't beat em, join em.

Entitlement complex? I don't feel entitled to anything because I'm tanking. In the era of dual specs, I can fulfill multiple roles at the push of a button, so I'll roll on what I can use. If you don't like it, kick me / leave / or realize this leveling gear isn't worth the tears.

And I'm not even talking about heroics lol. I'm talking about instances while leveling. Who cares about a DPS 2H'er from Stonecore going to anyone when you're going to get better shit questing????

I RUN HEROICS COMPLETELY IN GUILD, FOR THE 5TH TIME. I'm not putting up with PUG retardation in those.
Obviously you do. I tank and heal exclusively and don't roll on shit I am not using for that current spec. It's called being considerate. I mean seriously, you're making such a big deal about the gear not mattering and about your instant queues, so why not just give it to the person that actually needs it for the spec they're playing and who actually queued for a half hour for the chance at the drop?

I don't have to worry about grouping with you, so it's no skin off my nose. But it is worth pointing out that you're acting like an asshole to the other people playing with you.

Whatever though--arguing with a fool and all...

forgrim

SnakeswithLasers said:
No, just loot outside of what you can wear and has stats you can use.

Hunters can't roll on any mail with INT. Warriors can't roll on plate with INT.

But a Paladin that is tanking can roll on the +SPI and +INT plate, shield, sword or off-hand--even if the healer needs it.

i'm a prot/holy pally, and i can't roll on cloth, leather, or mail (at least i think that's the restriction because i've had need blocked off for it) so clothies can't get angry at me for needing their precious loots.

the problem with dps gear right now is if it has expertise and mastery, but lots of strength, dps plate users think its dps, whereas tanks need it for ...tanking, and i've gotten yelling and ragequitting after rolling on ilevel 333 gear that has both expertise and mastery.

i however won't roll on crit strike or haste gear because that's more clearly defined for dps platies. i do however get quite irritated also when dps plates roll on clear tank gear. but that's me being selfish. or a emorager. i don't know.

Macattk15

SnakeswithLasers said:
Whatever though--arguing with a fool and all...

Sick burns.

I don't care about people not on my server in WoW. How many people play WoW? What are the chances I see them again? I just don't care about whose day I ruined and nothing anyone says will make me care.

Karma will mean the same happens to me. Whatever, I'm fine with it. What goes around comes around. Its a game. If you really want something in it, you should try your best to set things up in your favor. It's not going to ruin my day if I lose Random Loot X from Throne of the Tides at level 81 to someones offspec.

And anyway, if I was sticking to tanking forever. Oh man that Plate DPS gloves has 400 crit rating and 300 expertise along with tons of STR and STA. Hello reforging. Who is to say that is purely DPS gear nowadays?

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Macattk15 said:

I'm not crying a river. There's a different between assholes you can't control and ones you can. If anyone is ignoring the groups wishes, you have control before the next boss. If someone wants to ninja something and leave you have no control unless you agree to master loot.

Who cares? Maybe the people that need the blues to get into heroics?

Macattk15 said:
I don't care about people not on my server in WoW. How many people play WoW? What are the chances I see them again? I just don't care about whose day I ruined and nothing anyone says will make me care.
What are you, 12? Grow up, kid. :lol

Macattk15 said:
Sick burns.

Karma will mean the same happens to me. Whatever, I'm fine with it. What goes around comes around. Its a game. If you really want something in it, you should try your best to set things up in your favor. It's not going to ruin my day if I lose Random Loot X from Throne of the Tides at level 81 to someones offspec.

And anyway, if I was sticking to tanking forever. Oh man that Plate DPS gloves has 400 crit rating and 300 expertise along with tons of STR and STA. Hello reforging. Who is to say that is purely DPS gear nowadays?
Damn, you sound like an asshole. Let me guess - Republican?

As a tank, the idea of me needing dps gear and justifying it due to my importance to the group is ridiculous. You're there to lead a group through the instance with as little drama and problems as possible - not to fucking steal items they might have waited 40-50 minutes just to get a chance at winning.

I certainly believe a tank is the most important aspect of any instance run, especially during an expansion introduction phase. The best tanks I've known are some of the nicest, most patient people I've come across in the game, and I think I've done a good job of reaching that level as well.

Sorry Macattk15 but you sound like quite a petty loser.

Macattk15

You guys are breaking my heart.

I'm also not 12, I'm 28 and work full time as an electrical engineer. Nor am I republican.

Anything else you guys would like to know? Maybe where I grew up, some hobbies, or my girlfriends cup size?

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Mr Pockets said:
Anyone else noticing mages feel a bit off?

- They seem to burn through mana REALLY fast
- The DPS is not consistent, some fights it is really high, most of the time low. I frequently see mages getting 3rd-4th in DPS in 5 mans (I hear it is worse in raiding)
- DPS/Damage does not seem to scale. Mages doing very similar dmg from 81-85
- crit reliance is very high, but most crit talents gone and crit bonus is very low. Fire mages very rarely getting pyro proc sucks.
- +hit requirement is VERY high (2000+ at 85) making it a struggle to hit the cap, which again lowers DPS.

These and some buggy spell mechanics make for a lot of frustrated mages.

I have noticed when I play my mage (85) and I do everything I can to pump out DPS I struggle to be 2nd or 3rd on most fights and sometimes I am crushed by lvl 81-82 hunters, shamans, and druids. Level 81 players in garbage gear should not be easily topping DPS charts vs an 85 in heroic + JP gear with new enchants/gems etc.

Although sometimes I get lucky with crits and shoot up the charts, see above for why that sucks.

Like I said something feels off...hehe

Pre-Cata, #1 in 95% of the runs I was on...now? Well not so much.

Guess I better get epics to compete with those 81's :lol

Yeah, i did a reg HOO run yesterday, and i end up 3rd on the DPS meter... :( I used to be #1 all the time in the 5 mans of WOTLK! /cry

Maybe it only has something to do with the fact i hit 85 recently lol and still has a lot of pre-333 blues & greens. And the 9% chance to miss on skull targets kinda sucks, but those targets are only in raids, so i dont really need to worry about that for now. Hopefully it will get better when i get some more upgrades in the heroics. My Fingers of Frost procs used to give 100% crit chance on Ice Lance & Frostfire Bolt if i had Brain Freeze on top of that, but now its not the case anymore. :( I went from 40% crit at lvl 80 to 17% at 85.. damn.

But gotta love those 56k Deep Freeze crits! <3

forgrim

Its different mindsets from the older player base, i think. Back in vanilla WoW, you had one spec, so you rolled only on certain specific items, and that just carried over. Nowadays with two specs, the hard rules on what you can roll for and what you shouldn't roll for is thin.

But then again, I was the MT who was rewarded the first dropped Bonereaver Edge from the world first killed Ragnaros, so I'm also guilty of being a lootwhore hahaha.

I honestly do get angry if DPS rolls on tank gear, but that won't legitimize me rolling on dps gear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom