• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcrae

how is Savage Leather selling on everyones servers? i just skinned a core hound and saw from auctioneer they are going for 8g a pop on mine. i think i may just farm core hound in the Flamewake in mount hyjal to make some cash.

edit: and also elementium, or is it obsidium? im not sure, but one of them is going for 10g a pop for the ore, but 25-30g a pop for the bars. so each ore you buy you can resell for a 25% profit once smelted.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
I love the economy right now. I haven't gotten to play much (only lv81), but I unloaded a few herbs, cloth and random junk I've picked up on the AH and made a quick 1k gold. As someone who is horrible with managing fake money and never has any that's quite nice. Maybe I can finally buy epic flying soon :lol

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
God, I hate maintenance.

Dunlop

I noticed a weird issue last night.

I specced into suge of light ( 6% chance to proc a free flash heal when casting certain spalls) and my buddy enchanted my staff with the Heartsong enchantment (periodic chance to get +200 spirit)

They both alway proc together which is statistically unlikely to say the least.

YES!

level85.jpg

Also, I bought two JP pieces as soon as I hit 85 and already had the gear requirement for heroics. No normal dungeon farming for me!

Tacitus_ said:
Absolutely the easiest way to do this is to never let the debuff drop (according to a guildie). He only spawns the adds when his armor debuff drops off so if you just kinda dance into the fire with him a bit before his debuff is done, you'll get nothing but the aoe splash every 10~ seconds or so and the tank stays healable since there's no adds at all. Might even get the achievement for it.

You'll need a good healer in order to heal through a 15 stacked debuff, dude hits hard as fuck at that point.

Flib

I tanked Heroic Halls of Origination and Heroic Vortex Pinnacle last night with some guildies. Pretty disappointed with both, I don't think we wiped once in either. Deadmines was definitely more of a challenge than those, all you need is CC and they are easy as cake. Deadmines had a lot more unavoidable damage you have to just brute force through.

Got the achievement for killing Earthrager on a camel and for collecting the golden orbs in VP. I don't know if you guys have been running with bear tanks, but we can ride the camels in bear form and it's absolutely hilarious.

Flib said:
I tanked Heroic Halls of Origination and Heroic Vortex Pinnacle last night with some guildies. Pretty disappointed with both, I don't think we wiped once in either. Deadmines was definitely more of a challenge than those, all you need is CC and they are easy as cake. Deadmines had a lot more unavoidable damage you have to just brute force through.

HoO and VP are the two easiest heroics.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
TurtleSnatcher said:
that just means you have a quest relatign to that mob..

that is all.. its totally random.. I have all but the mastery/str one.

God damn.. Heroics are like.. 10/25 man raids in wipes.. haha

I'm struggling to get some of the bosses down.. I havent finished a heroic yet.. though I think Im getting knocked into some of the hardest ones.
I didn't. But, tje JC trink is a quest after you loot it tho. What I'm saying is the world drop apparently was advertising to me.

idlewild_

funkmastergeneral said:
HoO and VP are the two easiest heroics.

VP definitely, but I'd say BRC and lost city could compete for second easy...to be honest, there's only a couple that are challenging (I'm looking at you stonecore)

Chavelo

webrunner said:
Is that a starcraft-battle.net-themed UI?

That, my old chap, is the fantastic LUI UI theme. Great compilation of add-ons if you have a beefy PC to run it with.

http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info14130-LUIv3.html

Some screenshot links:
http://s.wowinterface.com/preview/pvw38830.png
http://s.wowinterface.com/preview/pvw38831.png
http://s.wowinterface.com/preview/pvw38828.png

On the same topic: WoW-GAF, let's start writing down your favorite UI compilations and/or your custom UI! BOOM BAP SHIT.

Aurarian

Flib said:

Got the achievement for killing Earthrager on a camel and for collecting the golden orbs in VP. I don't know if you guys have been running with bear tanks, but we can ride the camels in bear form and it's absolutely hilarious.

Every pug group I've been in besides one with two guildies has never gotten past Ripsnarl. The amount of damage in that fight is insane and you can't have dps that pull 5-6k in that fight. I'm surprised with some of these fights because either they're based on execution or have a need for monstrous DPS that most pugs don't fulfill. The group that got past Ripsnarl were all doing 10k+ except for me but I wasn't far behind probably because of Vengeance. The rogue in our group fucked up Nightmare for us since he clicked on the note before it could be explained to everyone.:lol

Halls is really easy compared to what I've done so far. I also did Tol'vir last night and that was a lot of fun. The second and third boss are insane especially the third. We wiped to him a couple of times before we got it because dark phase would destroy our healer's mana. Funny enough though, we one shot Siamat which I found hilarious. :lol

CAW

It's gotten easier with Cata to find rare beasts and NPCs due to so many people leveling there characters. :D

14lhx8g.jpg

2u9pkj7.jpg

2cfprv7.jpg

Next target: Time-Lost Proto Drake!

I made a "/chatinfo 1" macro and I couldn't believe that I was the only one in some of areas.

mcrae

Liu Kang Baking A Pie said:
I was actually wondering about how you guys put up with doing such horrible things to your interfaces.

my ui probably looks like shit to you guys, lol :lol

mrcxz.jpg

i need to:
- download some unit frames
- set up hotkeys

ACE 1991

How are my fellow death knights enjoying Cata? Won't subscribe until I get my new laptop in a week or so (getting a macbook 15) and will probably make him my main as he currently sits at 80.

Stuggernaut

Grandma's Chippy
Speaking of addons, there are so many people that are having issues with addons in my guild it is funny. And 90% of them are quest addons like Carbonite, or Lightheaded, etc

They argue with me all the time about how much better the addons are than the ingame stuff.

Really?

If you can't do a quest using the ingame solutions now, then you really need to not play games :lol

It tells you what to do, where to go, highlights the monsters you need to kill, highlights the NPCs you need to talk to, marks your map, changes the markings on your map based on YOUR location if there are multiple spots, highlights quest items in your inventory, gives you text and graphical warnings (icons, etc) on your screen telling you what to do and when to do it....so much!

Probably more too that I am forgetting, but still....any retard can do a quest these days with little effort. Half the people having issues just are not reading the quest text.

The guildies having issues swear by their quest addons, but I guess I just don't understand.

Funny side note...

One guild member who was "racing" to 85 and using one of these addons to make quests go so much faster beat me to 85 by 4 hours. He also played about 18 more hours than I did, had a bunch of quests he did not finish because he said they were not working for him (all worked for me and we did them within hours of each other) and lots of wandering time.

I just found it funny.

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
mcrae said:
my ui probably looks like shit to you guys, lol :lol

http://oi53.tinypic.com/mrcxz.jpg[IMG]

i need to:
- download some unit frames
- set up hotkeys[/QUOTE]
you're a clicker? dude, make the switch to binds pronto. best decision i made in wow.

my protip is to unbind Q and E from strafe, and make strafe A and D instead, so it's just like the FPS WASD controls. that frees up Q and E for twitch abilities you need to mash quickly (interrupts, "oh shit" abilites etc.) and forces the rotation of your character to the mouse.

mcrae

Scrow said:
you're a clicker? dude, make the switch to binds pronto. best decision i made in wow.

my protip is to unbind Q and E from strafe, and make strafe A and D instead, so it's just like the FPS WASD controls. that frees up Q and E for twitch abilities you need to mash quickly (interrupts, "oh shit" abilites etc.) and forces the rotation of your character to the mouse.

interesting... i think i will try that indeed. i need to look up other warlock UIs to see their keybinds and such

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Yeah how the hell does someone manage to click through stuff...

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
F1 F2 F3 F4 F5 F6 F7 F8
Q E R T Y F G H Z X C V
Middle mouse
Mouse 3
Mouse 4
Mouse 5

webrunner

Anyone know of a "google maps" style map addon (like carbonite) that just does that, now that quest helping built into the game I'd like to lower my addon load, but I really really really like the carbonite map.

Dunlop

Yoshichan said:

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
F1 F2 F3 F4 F5 F6 F7 F8
Q E R T Y F G H Z X C V
Middle mouse
Mouse 3
Mouse 4
Mouse 5

Vuhdo then

Mouse 1 Mouse 2 Mouse 3 Mouse 4 Mouse 5
Shift - Mouse 1 Mouse 2 Mouse 3 Mouse 4 Mouse 5
ALT - Mouse 1 Mouse 2 Mouse 3 Mouse 4 Mouse 5

mcrae

Yoshichan said:

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
F1 F2 F3 F4 F5 F6 F7 F8
Q E R T Y F G H Z X C V
Middle mouse
Mouse 3
Mouse 4
Mouse 5

i just set up my bar so i start from left to right and just click along in a line more or less. instant casts are mostly on the right side, curses on the left, aoe and spells i never use on the bottom.. also i only have LMB MMB and RMB unless scroll forward and back can be bound as well.

moojito

I found a geode pet while mining. I watched the price on wowhead for it go from 700g to 999g and now 6k. I originally had mine on the ah for 2k, and am pretty glad now that noone bought it. 10k or bust!

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
Dunlop said:
Vuhdo then

Mouse 1 Mouse 2 Mouse 3 Mouse 4 Mouse 5
Shift - Mouse 1 Mouse 2 Mouse 3 Mouse 4 Mouse 5
ALT - Mouse 1 Mouse 2 Mouse 3 Mouse 4 Mouse 5
personally i don't like modifiers. when i click/press something i want it to do just one thing.

mcrae said:
i just set up my bar so i start from left to right and just click along in a line more or less. instant casts are mostly on the right side, curses on the left, aoe and spells i never use on the bottom
yeah... i used to do stuff like that too. the quicker you change to keybinds the more you'll enjoy the game and the better a player you'll become.

mcrae said:
also i only have LMB MMB and RMB unless scroll forward and back can be bound as well.
yes, you can set binds to the scroll up and scroll down on your mouse. you should also bind something to the MMB. leave the LMB and RMB as default. you'll be using RMB to rotate your character (and the camera).

also, if your mouse only has that many buttons you should really consider getting another one with more inputs. mine has 13 inputs. i use 12 of them.

generally, i bind either twitch abilities, instant or commonly used abilities to all the buttons on my mouse. then I bind abilities with cast times or channeled to all the keys near WASD on the keyboard. So R, F, X, 1-4 all have casting/channeling abilities bound to them. Z is in an awkward spot so i don't use it and i like to leave C for the character page. Q and E are for twitch abilities. ~ toggles auto-run.

Aurarian

zlatko said:
I figured I'd post here too to try and get some answers for the questions I've been having as I play the game. Here's the link to the thread on the WoW forums:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1519103109#1

Thanks to anyone who can shed some light for my noob self. :)

1. It really depends on whether you wanna dual wield one handed weapons or two handed weapons at the end. Maybe try something like this for Titan's Grip and switch the point out if you wanna try Single Minded Fury. For Arms, you can maybe try this?

2. At this point they are both viable in raids with Fury edging out a bit but it really depends on you again to see when you want to get familiar with how Fury works as it's a bit different then arms.

3. Arms has historically been the better PVP spec because of abilities like MS or talents like Tactical Mastery. Now that MS has been nerfed to a 10% healing debuff, most arena teams don't need to be balanced around one member having that debuff so Fury is probably a bit more viable than it has been now. I personally would go with Arms because of Tactical Mastery since being able to keep up to 50 rage when you switch stances to use different abilities is great. Although you can probably reach Tactical Mastery while being Fury since it's only in the second tier of the Arms tree. I've never liked Titan's Grip because it's not my ideal warrior, arms fits that more since it's like that guy with a heavy two handed axe just cleaving away at shit.

4. The links in #1 give glyph options although you have a lot of leeway on majors and minors.

5. It really depends on the class you're fighting but as a warrior we have a lot of great interrupts, stuns and even slowing effects(Hamstring) to help out. For caster classes, I like to use Pummels/Shield Bashes and when they try to get out of range use Intercept and Charges to close the gap while using Conc Blow and Shockwave to keep em stunned while you deal some heavy damage and even spell reflect some of those nasty magic abilities back at them.

6. I feel personally that warriors are a class that are easy to learn but hard to master which can be said for most classes as well. One thing I recommend is to keep up to date with what are your best enchants, stats, gems, rotations and practice it out in dungeons.

Hope this helps you.

cuevas said:
What does WoW-GAF think of elitistjerks?

I think they are a marvelous resource as the poster below stated but they shouldn't be your only resource. I like consulting with other warriors I know to see what they think about recent changes and their thoughts on what EJ posts and I also like testing whether or not what they say is right.

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
cuevas said:
pretty good resource for maximising the effectiveness of your class whether you're healing, tanking or dpsing. recently it seems to have dropped in activity though, at least as far as the druid forums are concerned, and a lot of information seems to be outdated.

but it's still a resource worth consulting, just make sure you use other sources too, like guild mates and wow wikis to perform your own research. and then actually test all the theory crafting on training dummies and see how you go. if you're happy with the results, take the build live and do some dungeons! :)

from there just iterate and improve your stat balance, talents, glyphs, enchants as you go.

Manus

ACE 1991 said:
How are my fellow death knights enjoying Cata? Won't subscribe until I get my new laptop in a week or so (getting a macbook 15) and will probably make him my main as he currently sits at 80.

Loving it so far. My 85 DK who is unholy is pulling around 11k DPS. Just one more piece of gear and I'm able to do heroics.

mcrae

cuevas said:

in vanilla their warlock forums completely prepared me for raiding MC, BWL and AQ. i took over the character form my friend at 60 and with their advice (i ddidnt actually post, just took what was offered) was one of the top DPSers. also it gave me the incentive to crunch my own numbers. pretty awesome place.

Scrow said:
pretty good resource for maximising the effectiveness of your class whether you're healing, tanking or dpsing. recently it seems to have dropped in activity though, at least as far as the druid forums are concerned, and a lot of information seems to be outdated.

but it's still a resource worth consulting, just make sure you use other sources too, like guild mates and wow wikis to perform your own research. and then actually test all the theory crafting on training dummies and see how you go. if you're happy with the results, take the build live and do some dungeons! :)

from there just iterate and improve your stat balance, talents, glyphs, enchants as you go.

i was reading one of the simulation threads on elitist jerks, and they were saying how you shouldnt use training dummies because you're lacking SO many buffs, as well as debuffs, that the numbers are so skewed it doesnt really matter. thats what the simulations are for

Good to see the response to EJ, I've been using their tools and advice for years. At the point of where everyone knows the rotation and what gear to get its all about who can learn to stay alive and not screw other people over during raids.

I was reading one of the simulation threads on elitist jerks, and they were saying how you shouldnt use training dummies because you're lacking SO many buffs, as well as debuffs, that the numbers are so skewed it doesnt really matter. thats what the simulations are for
Yeah but if you just want to try different gear out its fine. If you see a dps increase on a dummy you will probably see one in raids.

Dunlop

forgot to ask, one of the reasons for using Vuhdo is that I can bind the mouse wheel, has this been added in Clique yet?

the other reason I use it is because it is awesome....

C.Dark.DN

Banned
cuevas said:
They are the best at figuring out what gear, spec, and rotation outputs the most DPS.

But, blizzard doesn't like players to be locked into tunnel vision rotation even tho it's possible with a lot of haste. There was a paladin controvery I think, people getting mad about not having anything to press for a few seconds. They want players to look around the battlefield. People replied with a multitasking argument.

Blizzard uses it to change things sometomes and I use it to gain knowledge. I like it.

Retro

DeathNote said:
They are the best at figuring out what gear, spec, and rotation outputs the most DPS.

But, blizzard doesn't like players to be locked into tunnel vision rotation even tho it's possible with a lot of haste. There was a paladin controvery I think, people getting mad about not having anything to press for a few seconds. They want players to look around the battlefield. People replied with a multitasking argument.

The problem now, of course, is that Ret Paladins have 500 things going on at once and everyone is bitching about it. :lol.

Edit: To be fair though, Paladins feel better than they ever had and I think just a few tweaks will get things damn near close to perfect. Things people have mentioned in this thread, like Inquisition being easier to keep up, DS and CS not sharing a CD, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom