• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex

The beta invites seem to be more sluggish than they were in Wrath, about this time they opened the flood gates pretty good.

Magnus

I was banned in a massive wave in the WotlK beta for being one of hundreds (thousands?) of druids to exploit the Typhoon bug that existed for about 2 hours on beta servers in one build. We learned how broken it was and went and killed one boss in Naxx 25. They broke the game, we decided to see just how broken. We got banned. Still doesn't make sense to me.

Anyway, I'm starting to think that beta ban blacklisted me for future beta invites, since I was invited to both previous ones pretty early on and made many active reports and contributions during each. :(

Magnus said:
I was banned in a massive wave in the WotlK beta for being one of hundreds (thousands?) of druids to exploit the Typhoon bug that existed for about 2 hours on beta servers in one build. We learned how broken it was and went and killed one boss in Naxx 25. They broke the game, we decided to see just how broken. We got banned. Still doesn't make sense to me.

Anyway, I'm starting to think that beta ban blacklisted me for future beta invites, since I was invited to both previous ones pretty early on and made many active reports and contributions during each. :(

I dont remember that bug, what was the exploit?

firex

I never saw people get banned for exploiting a stat-stacking bug in the wotlk beta, but then again I didn't pay much attention to it.

Alex

I abused that bug too, I didnt get banned!

I went nuts with it too. Wrecked part of Naxx, wrecked IF, wrecked BGs. I was a total dick, it was great fun.

GC posted a fairly comprehensive overview of Archaeology, and as bitter as I am about the Path removal, this does actually sound like a pretty fun "Hey I'm bored let's go randomly gallivanting about the world to kill time" kinda thing to do. And toys!

God being DPS on my server sucks..

I wanted to go back to my hunter and work on getting 50+ mounts and loads of pets as im never going to be geared enough for ICC or atleast I will be eventually but it will be a waste of time and he has loads of exalted reps/ more quests done/achivs etc

Shame its 20min+ wait for a random dungeon, I just cant see the point in being dps if I can go on my DK (which has better gear in 4 weeks than my hunter in 4 months) and click random dungeon and be in a group before I can even close a window!

I would pay silly money to be able to merge characters so my DK gets all my achivs/mounts/reps/quests done but that will never happen.

Whats more annoying as Hunter is being overhauled with all this crazy BM stuff etc and yeah you can level as it but once I hit cap it will be the same stupid wait times :(

I suppose if I dont care about seeing ICC on my hunter I can just ignore random dungeon but I dont want to reach 85 and it repeat itself again :S

/rant off

notworksafe

I believe achievements are being synced across characters and games, but I don't know if that will apply to the rewards from those achievements.

Sax Russel said:
GC posted a fairly comprehensive overview of Archaeology, and as bitter as I am about the Path removal, this does actually sound like a pretty fun "Hey I'm bored let's go randomly gallivanting about the world to kill time" kinda thing to do. And toys!
And a bug mount!

Johnlenham said:
God being DPS on my server sucks..

I wanted to go back to my hunter and work on getting 50+ mounts and loads of pets as im never going to be geared enough for ICC or atleast I will be eventually but it will be a waste of time and he has loads of exalted reps/ more quests done/achivs etc

Shame its 20min+ wait for a random dungeon, I just cant see the point in being dps if I can go on my DK (which has better gear in 4 weeks than my hunter in 4 months) and click random dungeon and be in a group before I can even close a window!

I would pay silly money to be able to merge characters so my DK gets all my achivs/mounts/reps/quests done but that will never happen.

Whats more annoying as Hunter is being overhauled with all this crazy BM stuff etc and yeah you can level as it but once I hit cap it will be the same stupid wait times :(

I suppose if I dont care about seeing ICC on my hunter I can just ignore random dungeon but I dont want to reach 85 and it repeat itself again :S

/rant off

It's like that on every server. Roll a hybrid class and tank or heal.

I went with my sister to ZG to farm for the mounts today. They didn't drop. Then we went on our alts. Raptor dropped, and my sister got it.

Now, what are the odds that we'll get another drop?

Oh well, at least I get first dibs on the tiger now.

VaLiancY

Magnus said:

:lol :lol :lol I remember that. Typhoon was so fucked up. If I remember it had no cooldown and it did absurd damage at the time so you could spam it forever.

Weenerz

Banned
I never got banned in the WotLK beta for abusing the stat-stacking bug. That was tons of fun destroying everything in sight. :lol

I remember encountering my first typhoon druid in Wintergrasp, getting instagibbed and saying out loud WHAT THE FUCK? :lol :lol

notworksafe said:
No one would ride any other mount ever again! :lol
Oh come on! :D There are far too many mounts in WoW for that argument to be made. It would be a fad for a month and then people would start mixing it up. WoW is way past having mounts mean anything with the exception of the Invincible Reins off of Heroic LK, anyway. No, I'll tell you what they need to do. They need to add flying bug mounts lol.

The below pic ruined any and all credibility mounts have in the game.:lol
164893.jpg

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
notworksafe said:
No one would ride any other mount ever again! :lol

Nah, cause on AQ mounts, you get dismounted after ANY damage taken, so at the very least, they wouldn't be used in BGs.

But I would really like them to do it anyways. Would be awesome.

Tamanon

Banned
http://www.wow.com/2010/09/11/ptr-client-patch-4-0-available-for-download/#comments

Cataclysm may be closer than we'd imagined -- or at least according to the PTR realm. The latest PTR client is labeled 4.0.0.12824, and is a whopping 16GB of information. While the PTR servers are not live, you can still download the latest version of the PTR client by visiting the official website.

Is this the Cataclysm patch, or the pre-Cataclysm patch? That's also unknown at this time -- until the servers go live, there's no clue as to whether this is all of the information for the Cataclysm changes, or pre-Cataclysm event information. Considering the fact that we got a glimpse into a small quest line in the Patch 3.3.5 PTR that was quickly removed, I've got my hopes up that we'll see a reintroduction of the storyline, as well as more regarding Deathwing's sudden and violent entrance into Azeroth.

Getting close fellas!!!:D

Tamanon

Banned
Yeah, I'm downloading the PTR right now, just in case it's the big ol' Talent revision one:)

And judging by the installer, this is for the actual 4.0 patch, it's the new Cataclysm launcher.

Cipherr

Tamanon said:
Yeah, I'm downloading the PTR right now, just in case it's the big ol' Talent revision one:)

And judging by the installer, this is for the actual 4.0 patch, it's the new Cataclysm launcher.

Yep also installing. Will be worth it to mess around with the new talents. Will be behind the beta servers likely however, and no access to the expansion stuff but still. Talents skills and numbers is what I want to see.

lordmrw

God yes I can't wait, I don't expect recuperate will be added yet, but just reinforced leather and the increase in armor value from leather alone will allow me to solo alot of stuff that I can't right now.

Lolligag

davepoobond said:
well i hope its november, because then ill at least have a chance at farming the zg mounts...
A site that has gotten expansion release dates right before is guessing sometime in the middle of November.

WotLK 3.0 patch was on the ptr for 4-6 weeks and was live for 1 month. That's keeping in line with the prediction if Cata follows the same.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
so its pretty safe to assume the mounts are being removed completely, right? im guessing thats going to be the case along with rivendare's mount.

Cipherr

davepoobond said:
so its pretty safe to assume the mounts are being removed completely, right? im guessing thats going to be the case along with rivendare's mount.

I havent heard anything like that. Perhaps, but I dont see why they would.

Ashodin

PTR servers are up.

And I really expect this patch to be shorter than Lich King's 3.0, considering how much they've already finalized in the Beta (which is to say, a LOT). If you look at current Beta passovers, it's just tweaking here and there atm.

I fully expect Cata to be dropped before, during, or after Blizzcon.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
cartoon_soldier said:
This is the Cata preview PTR, the new spells, abilities, overhauls.
AKA "Everything not ready to be implemented gets implemented."

Cipherr

Maxrpg said:
I fully expect 4.0 to be dropped before, during, or after Blizzcon.

Fixed. I disagree, I think we are going to be floating on 4.0 on live for a good little clip. More than a month at least.

markot

Banned
funkmastergeneral said:
Does 4.0 mean redone 1-60 zones? If so, sign me up

Yeah.

Its everything, just not the new zones and lvling has not been allowed.

Most of it is ready for large scale testing, the old world stuff. And more people fooling around with it will give em more feedback.

Im guessing November, 1 month of PTR, then a few weeks of patch 4, then cata. Its mostly refining now, all the zones are in, the dungeons.

EDIT

Actually:
This is basically the exact same build as Cataclysm Beta, just without all the Cataclysm-only stuff. Old world changes, new quests, etc ... are NOT AVAILABLE, but will be available on live realms for people without the expansion after it's deployed.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
funkmastergeneral said:
Does 4.0 mean redone 1-60 zones? If so, sign me up
I don't see how we can have the event leading up to Cataclysm and the new zones affected by it at the same time.

markot

Banned
Yeah, they are splitting it into 2 patches I think, first the ability and crap patch, then the final post cata event everything has changed patch.

Tamanon

Banned
DeathNote said:
how do i download the ptr patch. i downloaded the client a while back and its not updating

You probably need to download the new client. It just started patching as soon as I opened the launcher.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Tamanon said:
You probably need to download the new client. It just started patching as soon as I opened the launcher.
yeah i fixed it. when i tried to login the website, i was choosing the ptr to copy from instead of my main

edit: come to think of it since my ptr is wow1 and trial is wow1... i guess it was wanting me to choose between the trial and main.

I went into the PTR servers with the Cataclysm beta and it's pretty hilarious how screwed up everything looks since I have the new world on my screen.

Tamanon

Banned
DeathNote said:
you download the 15gb fast or something?

wait, it's been hours

It's actually been running relatively smoothly for me once it got to the Available stage. A little loading in areas, but not too bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom