• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

markot

Banned
It is bugged and over used now.

They just allowed 85 pre made toons, and reset the amount you could copy on the beta. So dont hold your breath >.<

I've had the beta for some time, but kept running into installation problems after they introduced the last build/client. Finally got it working today and picked up where I left off.

Throne of Tides is prettty fun. Guessing the final boss is bugged or something; we completed the fight and got loot, but no achievement. Winged all the bosses, wasn't hard.

But jeez, prot warriors feel broken. The aoe situation is a joke, and I found myself struggling with threat even on some single targets. Tanking no longer involves spamming Heroic Strike, which I'm cool with, but often you wind up focusing on a target and dropping some aoe but seeing adds run right past you to the dps. I got to lv81 right before starting the instance; haven't found anything to replace my ICC tank gear yet.

In short it feels the same way it felt more than a month ago.

JesseZao

Nice to see the PTR doesn't require an active acct :)

Now if only the copied characters would hurry up or if we could get premades.

LowParry

ezekial45 said:
Are mining and skinning lucrative together? I've been wanting to try that combo.

If you plan to raid, I wouldn't recommend it. If you plan to make money, I highly recommend it.

notworksafe

Profession bonuses aren't really a huge factor at endgame in my opinion. They are helpful but not make or break. Plus mining is good for tanks, and skinning is good for any Agility based DPS.

I think that mining and herbalism are the most lucrative gathering professions, but you can't track both of them at the same time. On my server Mining/Jewelcrafting is the best combo for making money, and I'm sure that will carry over into Cata.

mclem

notworksafe said:
Profession bonuses aren't really a huge factor at endgame in my opinion. They are helpful but not make or break. Plus mining is good for tanks, and skinning is good for any Agility based DPS.

I've read that some of the absolutely top cutting-edge guilds require you to pick professions that have benefits in both your mainspec and offspec.

Rapstah

I feel as if I benefit from both Mining and Skinning on my Warlock because most of my gear has Stamina and Crit Rating anyway.

funkmastergeneral said:
It's like that on every server. Roll a hybrid class and tank or heal.

You clearly didn't read what I was moaning about!
I have a DK tank that gets invites in 0.2seconds that ive been playing for 4-5 weeks.
My problem is that my Hunter has shit loads of work put into it from pre-lfg tool like reps, 450 cooking and fishing, loads of quest lines done, PVP ones that will be proper hard to get and so on and there is no way in hell im going through that again on my DK.

Rapstah said:
I feel as if I benefit from both Mining and Skinning on my Warlock because most of my gear has Stamina and Crit Rating anyway.
I'm wishing my prot pally had something other than herbalism/alchemy. The stam boost from mining/JC is so much more helpful in getting to 38k unbuffed health.

firex

ezekial45 said:
Are mining and skinning lucrative together? I've been wanting to try that combo.
mining/herbalism is a way better combo for gold.

anyway I tried the ptr. only got my hunter to level 7 before calling it quits due to old quests still sucking bad, and too many people playing, but it's a class I can see myself leveling in cataclysm.

Then again I'll probably do the same with a warlock, especially seeing the cool shit felguards are getting (bladestorm and hammer of justice or concussion blow, not really sure which one it compares to).

so many classes get cool shit in cataclysm now, and I haven't even tried any of my 3 80s (paladin, shaman, warrior) yet since I've got forever for them to be copied.

Tamanon

Banned
Just the fact that Shammies get Earth Shield/Dual Wield at level 10 and Druids get Cat form at 8/Mangle at 10 make them much more bearable to level early on. Druids from 1-20 were such a huge pain in the ass.

upgrades

FzPf85w7Pxts.jpg

bQ3jgEnEyKJD.jpg

NoYrZttpIqld.jpg

Ako4fh36j9Ik.jpg

Rapstah

I'm starting a GAF guild on the Mecchatorque beta server if there isn't one already. Will report back with guild name and character(s) to whisper for invites. Everyone will have invite permissions.

EDIT: Was thinking about an Alliance side guild, but wasn't even considering faction lockouts. Uh.

EDIT 2: And here's the most frightening aggro quote from any enemy ever (from the dwarf starting area):

4l35vq.png

Said the first line when patrolling and the second while aggroing. :lol

Songbird

Prodigal Son
Is the new streaming client now public or only for the Cataclysm beta? I've been waiting for the new launcher to really get started in the game again, only played the trials over a year ago.

Fake edit: Just noticed the trials now have the streaming tech? EQ2 made me love the idea.

Tamanon

Banned
Thnikkaman said:
Is the new streaming client now public or only for the Cataclysm beta? I've been waiting for the new launcher to really get started in the game again, only played the trials over a year ago.

Fake edit: Just noticed the trials now have the streaming tech? EQ2 made me love the idea.

The PTR has the streaming launcher, so it should be implemented when 4.0 hits right before Cata.

Songbird

Prodigal Son
Thanks, WoW is a b*** to reinstall without the discs. And let's not get started on the P2P patching on a controlled network... Might just try the trial all over again and see how well it works. Probably base game only!

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
notworksafe said:

I think that mining and herbalism are the most lucrative gathering professions, but you can't track both of them at the same time. On my server Mining/Jewelcrafting is the best combo for making money, and I'm sure that will carry over into Cata.
I once joined a guild that couldn't field more than 20 players for 25m raids, but refused to take some friends of mine I assured them were very good players because they didn't have the "correct professions."

Angry Grimace said:
I once joined a guild that couldn't field more than 20 players for 25m raids, but refused to take some friends of mine I assured them were very good players because they didn't have the "correct professions."

The min/maxing in WoW is ridiculous sometimes.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
KernelPanic said:
The min/maxing in WoW is ridiculous sometimes.
This was 15% ICC buff times too. And they hadn't downed Sindragosa at that point.

Xabora

Tamanon said:
Plus, thank GOD for weapon skills going away.
They're still there, you can see them in the dev console when you gain a level.
But instead of just staying the same, they max each time you level for that level's weapon skill increase.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Just read the PTR Notes ('ve been out of wow for a couple of months). Fuck i love the sound of this stuff, i mean yeah i've been reading about Cata but not about talents and that. Loving the sound of Specialization and the general changes to talents and that. Very tempted to move my 'lock onto a PTR server but i think i'll wait it out.

LowParry

mclem said:
I've read that some of the absolutely top cutting-edge guilds require you to pick professions that have benefits in both your mainspec and offspec.

This is very true. Last raiding guild I was in, I was givin a week to drop my mining for leather working or I wouldn't make the cut. Shit is serious business. So I ended up with JC and LW with my rogue.

Tamanon

Banned
Xabora said:
They're still there, you can see them in the dev console when you gain a level.
But instead of just staying the same, they max each time you level for that level's weapon skill increase.

I mostly meant not having to learn them or level them. Makes it easier on a leveling class.

FLEABttn

Banned
Whatever they did to shadows has made them work a lot better. Maybe it's from running it in DX11 mode.

AA is broken, does it work properly in beta?

Enhancement shammy rotation seems to be easier, but maybe there's some new rotation I'm unaware of. Regardless, it's the only class of the three I transfered over that has obviously made sense to me. My DW DK rotation is hosed from how they have done rune recharging, and with aimed shot having a cast time and focus on my hunter, I have no idea what to do and when.

So, get working on the theorycraft people, I want to know what I'm supposed to do before the patch officially hits.

ezekial45

Banned
On PTR I am loving the new holy paladin mechanics. It is more of a best possible spell rotation than a spam of flash of light. A group I was in had a taste of cataclysm 5 mans when the tank, who is in full ICC gear, went from 100% to 0 when she tried to AoE tank a pack of enemies in the Old Kingdom.

notworksafe said:

It might not seem huge, but if your min/maxing at end game, it is. With that said, guilds that restrict players to certain professions isn't the kind of guild I would ever be in.

Angry Grimace

Rabbit Lord said:
It might not seem huge, but if your min/maxing at end game, it is. With that said, guilds that restrict players to certain professions isn't the kind of guild I would ever be in.
I think his point is that min-maxing isn't usually relevant either unless you're competing for server/world firsts.

Xabora

krypt0nian said:
Heads up, on the PTR Druids can fly in Azeroth.

Flight form at the Dark Portal, then cross over into the Blasted Lands. :D
Everyone can actually with a fly mount, just on a zone change in Azeroth you dismount.

Stuggernaut

Grandma's Chippy
Lots of people finding tricks to fly in old world. I saw people flying over stormwind.

They seem to get dismounted a lot though..hehe

Tacitus_

ezekial45 said:
On PTR I am loving the new holy paladin mechanics. It is more of a best possible spell rotation than a spam of flash of light. A group I was in had a taste of cataclysm 5 mans when the tank, who is in full ICC gear, went from 100% to 0 when she tried to AoE tank a pack of enemies in the Old Kingdom.

One of the earlier spider groups? They have a caster that'll always do 50% of your health with one of their spells.

Bggns

Tacitus_ said:
One of the earlier spider groups? They have a caster that'll always do 50% of your health with one of their spells.

Im hoping thats the case, otherwise.. even with the 30% buff... Doing ICC will be Impossible for the month or so until Cata comes out

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Mr Pockets said:
Lots of people finding tricks to fly in old world. I saw people flying over stormwind.

They seem to get dismounted a lot though..hehe
i did the opposite. i mounted in blasted lands and tried to enter hellfire. couldn't fly in there. it's like an on/off switch.

the reason they don't want us to fly is because everything looks ugly in the mountains and places people aren't supposed to look. they'd prob have tons of people getting stuck int the world too opening up tickets.

makes perfect sense that there are tons of places you can find to fly :S

Bggns said:
Im hoping thats the case, otherwise.. even with the 30% buff... Doing ICC will be Impossible for the month or so until Cata comes out
Yeah it will be that, he was obviously a dumb ass with more gear than sense, Spell flinger's I think they are called can really mess you up. Allways kill em first.

Oh and went on my first 10man ICC (and it was a pug) with a Dps dk in this guild I joined, got all the way to the Ship then wiped once of HC because of axe throwers or something then even got an achievement on Sarufang and it was only because of another stupid DK that we couldnt continue. No loot other than the rep ring but atleast I know I wont kill everyone if I solo pug it lol

Then wasted 4 hours on my hunter getting kureni rep to exalted, buying from 18 up to 51 mounts and getting the drake. No chance Ill get to 100 though!

Oh and maybe its because I never had to "live" in outland because I skipped TBC but Outlands zones are awesome, Northrend is plain as hell bar canada zone by comparison.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Tamanon said:
Should still be the O key for the "Social tab"
yeah but why isnt there a way to do it non hot key?

edit: it's the stupid icon in the upper left corner of the chat window. which is on live right now.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
flew through the org portal in dar on a fly mount and was able to fly around a bit in org. i'm sure a warlock summoning you would work.

any of you guys a warlock wanna play around?

ezekial45

Banned
Tacitus_ said:

Not those groups, the caster groups before the first boss and the abominations in the groups you mentioned with casters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom