• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kodiak

Not an asshole.
Feralas has been really boring so far... almost every other zone has been epic though. Love bringing the emphasis back to the horde/alliance conflict and the abundance of scripted events. My personal highlight was the climax of Stonetalon.

Kodiak said:
Feralas has been really boring so far... almost every other zone has been epic though. Love bringing the emphasis back to the horde/alliance conflict and the abundance of scripted events. My personal highlight was the climax of Stonetalon.

I really liked the Ysondre/Taerar stuff, but I fucking loved the Greens back in the day. So fun to camp and kill. Some of my favorite memories from Vanilla.

kai3345

Banned
So I've got this weird glitch or something to where the game won't let me change realms without logging off and logging back in. anyone else experience this and how do I fix it?

Kodiak

Not an asshole.
Freyjadour said:
I really liked the Ysondre/Taerar stuff, but I fucking loved the Greens back in the day. So fun to camp and kill. Some of my favorite memories from Vanilla.

Yeah just did that, it was cool. I have fond memories of Feralas just listening to 1UP Yours and killin bears and wolves for hours.

Manus

DeathNote said:
Is there a problem with DPS warriors and DKs being kicked because of no CC? I haven't done any yet because of my destroy of worlds tunnel vision.

Not here, though I haven't done many heroics with non guildies. We have an interrupt, but I wouldn't mind a CC.

Alex

I've come to enjoy healing a lot in PvE now, I think my early experiences were mostly bad mojo from LFD, which I've just now ceased to use for the time being. :lol

PvP healing is still woefully bad, IMO.

J-Rzez

DeathNote said:
Is there a problem with DPS warriors and DKs being kicked because of no CC? I haven't done any yet because of my destroy of worlds tunnel vision.

Naw, no problems here though i mainly run with the guild. In pugs I don't get bothered either because of the sheer amount of interrupts DKs have, along with the main one only being on a 10sec cd. I have experience one goup that kicked a pally tank, and then the war tank that came in soon after because they weren't a DK or Bear (which are the strongest in game atm so i hear lol). Heroics are serious bizness these days.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Narag said:
Get excited about getting Hyjal as a dig site. Oh hey more NE artifacts! /wrist
Vashj'ir will pop a lot with NE only!! Twilight Highlands will pop with Dwarf a lot. I guess that's good for staff people. For troll 2h peeps?

Stuggernaut

Grandma's Chippy
I have seen a few groups want to kick "non-CC" classes in favor of a second healer :lol

For some reason it is becoming trendy on my server to have 2 high DPS/CC classes, 2 healers, and a tank.

One of the healers doing a little DPS.

Slower fights, but easy mode survival.

Narag

Mr Pockets said:
I have seen a few groups want to kick "non-CC" classes in favor of a second healer :lol

For some reason it is becoming trendy on my server to have 2 high DPS/CC classes, 2 healers, and a tank.

One of the healers doing a little DPS.

Slower fights, but easy mode survival.

That's pretty clever.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
37 vendor trashes and a Fossilized Raptor Hatchling. Best profession ever.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
DeathNote said:
I got a second hearth! That shares a cool down...
If you set your hearth to Ironforge, it does something else.

Narag

I kept getting rare crap and my punishment is to mine fossils forever.

... I think I'm pushing over 20 digs without a tol'vir site now. Been 2-3 hours. :lol :(

Alex

I don't want to sound like a jerk, but you have a screw loose if you bring two healers to a heroic :lol They're nowhere near THAT bad, just stop getting hit by hazards and fires! Most of the damage in a heroic is completely avoidable.

That would be so crazy slow with only two DPS, ugh.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Would it be quicker to level as fury instead of prot? I'm wondering if there's a massive dps different at level 63.

If there is. How am i meant to play fury? :lol

My druid is so OP. Gear avg Item Lvl is 341 equipped (WoW Armory)

Bleeds are so good.
Ferrio said:
Just did grim batol heroic for who knows how long (4 hours?) Couldn't beat last boss...

Just did that tonight. We 2 shotted him after we had 1 mistake on adds..

Pretty easy boss.. Just dps him until he swirls his arms.. then find the vortex and sit there.. Tank can drag him over there so u can still dps as u are in the vortex.

Also feeble body means the tank needs heals and has to run. After the vortex he spawns adds.. Put classes that can slow them onto and burn em fast. Then back on boss.. Very easy :)

Alex

Stonecore bosses are really awesome on heroic. Really fun designs. That first boss eats our slower pug members :lol It kinda plays out like a 16-bit Japanese ARPG boss or something with the crazy burrowing and leaping, always someone to get one shot.

Havent done Grim Batol yet, did BRC though. First boss cake, second boss odd concept, but not bad, third boss took a couple wipes and some revisions on the strategy. Had to skip Beauty, last boss was really easy for us, but we had an amazing tank who could handle everything himself.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Under Target's Floating Combat Text when I check "effects" it doesn't do anything. It's supposed to say it's silenced when I do strangulate?

Ferrio

Banned
TurtleSnatcher said:
My druid is so OP. Gear avg Item Lvl is 341 equipped (WoW Armory)

Bleeds are so good.

Just did that tonight. We 2 shotted him after we had 1 mistake on adds..

Pretty easy boss.. Just dps him until he swirls his arms.. then find the vortex and sit there.. Tank can drag him over there so u can still dps as u are in the vortex.

Also feeble body means the tank needs heals and has to run. After the vortex he spawns adds.. Put classes that can slow them onto and burn em fast. Then back on boss.. Very easy :)

Ya easy when you're not pugging. Didn't get a single instance cleared today. Either dps sucked, or the healer sucked. Hell one time it was both.

Went and reforged all my items for -dodge +mastery. Hopefully that helps, also least I got a shoulder from valor points today... so that's something. Trinket/Range item now holding me back.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/frostmane/bellare/simple

Bllizard activated my TBC CE pets this week. Awfully nice of them. I sent the stuff away back in feb 2007 but it must have got lots in the mail. Finally have Lurky the baby murloc, yay.

been doing heroics, done deadmines, shadowfang, vortex pinnacle twice and BRC.

Shadowfang definately the most difficult (the boss that spawns 2 adds constantly is a bitch).

But I'm loving how each boss fight is like a mini raid boss, will hopefully improve the ability of all players, that can only be a good thing.

Rapstah

TurtleSnatcher said:
Pretty sure the tank can't pull him anywhere while he's channeling. For my group, he always stayed at the spot he started casting it at. You could obviously predict the placement of the "eye" and already have him there when he started channeling though!

EDIT: It's an absolutely epic boss fight though. It's the Vezax model, which is one of Blizzard's greatest looking ones, it's fucking red and "Come, suffering - enter, chaos" is a great quote.

Manus

So all the JCers out there. How much are chimera's eyes going for on your server? I sold one last night for 900g.

Rapstah

Turns out you can still get to Old Ironforge by glitching through the ceiling over the throne room with a flying mount:

wowscrnshot_121910_1837mlu.jpg

What a boring ass place to get into.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
SquirrelNuckle said:
So all the JCers out there. How much are chimera's eyes going for on your server? I sold one last night for 900g.
I sold one for 600, then there were 5 on the AH not selling for 498, and I sold 5 for 450. I put one up for 600 right now and it's the only one up. Also, I hadit for 800-1000 for days not selling.

Angry Grimace

DeathNote said:
What about Horde?
It only has a secondary effect if you can set your hearth to Ironforge, so I imagine you can't get the ghost of the Innkeeper's Daughter to spawn without having it set there.

Yazus said:
Hi mates!

To all the JCers out there, how do I level from 350 to 475ish?
Its getting really really expensive :(

At 350 you should have all the patterns for WotLK green gems. You just need to prospect probably about 250ish ore to get to 400ish. Then I think the next best thing involves the earth elements from WotLk to 425ish. Yeah, these recipes: http://www.wowhead.com/spell=58146 and http://www.wowhead.com/spell=58145. After that you need to get a recipe for a blue gem. I got these two from rep rewards: http://www.wowhead.com/item=41721 and http://www.wowhead.com/item=41726. Once you hit 425 you can start to use cata green gems to level up. You won't be able to prospect elementium ore till 475, so its going to take a lot of obsidium.

Angry Grimace

Is it just me, or has Elitist Jerks become so literally elitist its not even useful?

It's just a bunch of math-jargon and spreadsheets and the only forum that has anything that actually gives a person any idea how to play a class is the DK one.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
Ripclawe said:
so what gives honor points outside of wintergrasp and heroic bosses?
Killing other faction, all Battlegrounds, Tol Barad, daily PVP quests (such as the ones in Grizzly Hills).. honor is very easy to get.

Angry Grimace said:
Is it just me, or has Elitist Jerks become so literally elitist its not even useful?

It's just a bunch of math-jargon and spreadsheets and the only forum that has anything that actually gives a person any idea how to play a class is the DK one.

Yeah they seriously need to filter that shit down to something an actual player can use. I just end up relying on class specific sites now.

Angry Grimace

DeathNote said:
Vashj'ir will pop a lot with NE only!! Twilight Highlands will pop with Dwarf a lot. I guess that's good for staff people. For troll 2h peeps?
You have a couple of options; save all your troll artifacts before you get 450 skill, and pop them all to hope you draw Zin'rokh, or just die inside knowing you'll just get 19091208091284901 Nelf ruins post-450.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Angry Grimace said:

Yeah, I stopped going there a long time ago. They rely far too much on graphs/spreadsheets/etc. to think they know what they're doing.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
I don't know if I even want to bother getting JC to 525. I'm a DPS DK and the rings and necks useful to me have agility and dodge. There's a lot of options for everyone between dungeons and justice points for both slots. I guess I could try to make a profit but each take 4 chimera's eyes. That's at least 2k worth of mats right now and 4 day time to create a heroic a equivalent. I guess I could try to make 4-5k since NO one has these on the auction house, but that's a 4 day annoying gamble.

Manus

Leveling JC has been extreamly easy for me. I'm at 510 right now and I'm just cutting gems guildies need and making my prism daily. I'm gonna keep selling my Chimera's Eyes daily so I can make a profit off of them until they get low.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom