• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

KJTB

Rapstah said:
My first heroic: Grim Batol. Pug. I'm a disc priest at 329 avg item level. I wasn't the weakest link. We downed Throngus (zoned in there, their previous healer left after a wipe) with one DPS, the tank and I left alive, a matter of seconds before the wipe. Drahga was shockingly easy, no one died and we downed him first try. There was some hard as shit trash, but we didn't have any CC except for a hunter and their bombing run had been inconsistent.

On Erudax, however, the DPS simply couldn't down the two adds quickly enough to prevent the angry whelps from destroying our group. We wiped I think five times before the tank and I left.

On my run we managed to kill Erudax on the 2nd attempt, I found him to be pretty easy. What we did was immediately after the shadow gale we rushed over to the entrance (the adds always spawn there), even the tank, and we's split the dps btwn the two adds. They'd die before they reached the eggs for the most part.

Rapstah

Dipindots said:
On my run we managed to kill Erudax on the 2nd attempt, I found him to be pretty easy. What we did was immediately after the shadow gale we rushed over to the entrance (the adds always spawn there), even the tank, and we's split the dps btwn the two adds. They'd die before they reached the eggs for the most part.
We were doing that. People failed at slowing, often the hunter and Death Knight would slow the same one and then forget to DPS one... just a bad group.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
NameGenerated said:
Ugh, Horde never fucking wins pug BGs in my battlegroup. Maybe like 1 out of 6. It's so frustrating.
The queue is region wide.

With the into of rated battlegrounds, getting people to listen to strategy is probably worse than ever.

Retro

DeathNote said:
With the into of rated battlegrounds, getting people to listen to strategy is probably worse than ever.

I was hoping Rated BGs would have turned out completely differently than the way Blizzard decided to do them. Instead of being set up like arenas, everyone would simply have a rating that goes up or down based on wins and losses. You'd be matched with people of the same rating and never against pre-mades unless you queued as such.

The problem with BGs is that losing costs nothing, so nobody really gives a shit. Instead, you get these asscocks who spam "JUST LET THEM WIN" when it's 0/1 in WSG or who abandon flags in AB to farm HKs on the roads. Without any penalty for failure in a BG, there's never any reason to try harder than the bare minimum.

Tacitus_

ACE 1991 said:
Oh wow I'm digging that, thanks! Do you use it?

Nah, can't be arsed to switch over from the UI I've cobbled up during WotLK. Besides, I'd propably add some additional mods to that and it would ruin the look.

ACE 1991

Gotcha. I'm really just looking for something that's functional for dungeons and soloing for the 80-85 experience, and I'll probably rework the UI if I end up staying subbed for the endgame content.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Retro said:
I was hoping Rated BGs would have turned out completely differently than the way Blizzard decided to do them. Instead of being set up like arenas, everyone would simply have a rating that goes up or down based on wins and losses. You'd be matched with people of the same rating and never against pre-mades unless you queued as such.

The problem with BGs is that losing costs nothing, so nobody really gives a shit. Instead, you get these asscocks who spam "JUST LET THEM WIN" when it's 0/1 in WSG or who abandon flags in AB to farm HKs on the roads. Without any penalty for failure in a BG, there's never any reason to try harder than the bare minimum.
I just don't see it being fun. I've bet there have been tons of random battlegrounds where the teams were essentially equal on average. When people don't listen, suck, afk it's a mess. Alone, people being able to afk or bot to farm conquest would be horrible. People would be even more on edge than their rage has been in BGs the past years. Don't want to listen to people freak out and call everyone idiots.

Pre-made vs pre-made that's equally skilled is the way to go IMO.

Edit: Also, letting a bunch of random people hurt your ranking is horrible.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
I remember why i don't like TBC, The drop rates are terrible and it can be a grind fest because of it. I usually don't mind grinding but sometimes it can just piss me off :lol

Retro

DeathNote said:
I just don't see it being fun. I've bet there have been tons of random battlegrounds where the teams were essentially equal on average. When people don't listen, suck, afk it's a mess.

That's what I'm getting at; the average people who don't listen or go AFK would have lower ratings than the average people who work together and don't got AFK, and inevitably that first group of people would either wise up or just settle at the bottom while the people who put some effort in float up.

As I said, because there's no penalty for losing, there's no reason to try really hard to win, and many people are still under the impression that losing a short BG yields more points than winning a long BG. Christ, with Blizzard, that kind of ass-backwards logic may actually still work.

DeathNote said:
Pre-made vs pre-made that's equally skilled is the way to go IMO.

When you can, that's certainly the best way to do it, and I almost never do BGs alone (I usually go in with a friend and we work together). But 80% of the time I'm on alone or nobody else wants to PVP. In those cases, it would be nice not to have the sucktacular BGs as they exist now. Fix that, and maybe more people would want to do BGs too.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Retro said:
That's what I'm getting at; the average people who don't listen or go AFK would have lower ratings than the average people who work together and don't got AFK, and inevitably that first group of people would either wise up or just settle at the bottom while the people who put some effort in float up.

As I said, because there's no penalty for losing, there's no reason to try really hard to win, and many people are still under the impression that losing a short BG yields more points than winning a long BG. Christ, with Blizzard, that kind of ass-backwards logic may actually still work.

When you can, that's certainly the best way to do it, and I almost never do BGs alone (I usually go in with a friend and we work together). But 80% of the time I'm on alone or nobody else wants to PVP. In those cases, it would be nice not to have the sucktacular BGs as they exist now. Fix that, and maybe more people would want to do BGs too.
There's too many variables to subject a person to a penalty other than losing. You have a short time to look at the raid make up and assign people. They make suck at their assignment or want to do their own thing. You may assign an botter to something. There will surely be a rise in bot tactics if you can farm the highest quality gear in a random group. You can never learn from your mistakes as a team and re-queue.

What they should do is let random team re-queue together until you all find people you like then do a rated pre-made.

Magnus

So uh, did the recent hotfixes go live during this morning's rolling restarts? My priest's Holy Concentration is still only granting 20% :(

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
Magnus said:
So uh, did the recent hotfixes go live during this morning's rolling restarts? My priest's Holy Concentration is still only granting 20% :(
If you are going by tooltips its going to say whatever it was before the fix until a patch is released.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Magnus said:
Tooltip fixes require client-side updates. i.e. patches.

Magnus

water_wendi said:
If you are going by tooltips its going to say whatever it was before the fix until a patch is released.

Gotcha, yeah, that seems to be the case. Wasn't aware of this for over 5 years of playing, lol. Shows you often I've been excited about a priest hotfix. :lol

Fuck,

Deepholm is broken for me and the quest giver isn't giving out the quests so I can't finish the second half of the quests there.

I checked the Blizz forums and other people had the same issue after having a ticket open for 4 days, this was the response:

Greetings,
I wish I was able to speak with you directly but I wanted to make sure to contact you regarding your request for help. Thank you for contacting the World of Warcraft Game Master Department.

Unfortunately, we are not allowed to provide game hints of any kind. The best sources of the type of information you are looking for are your fellow players and our forums.
Regards, Game master DArtherilon, Customer services, Blizz ent. PS Game Masters thrive on feedback, if you are contacted with a survey please take the time to fill it out. It will help us greatly.

Double Fuck

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
mamacint said:
Fuck,

Deepholm is broken for me and the quest giver isn't giving out the quests so I can't finish the second half of the quests there.

I checked the Blizz forums and other people had the same issue after having a ticket open for 4 days, this was the response:

Double Fuck
Same thing happened to me.

1ik768.jpg

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
DeathNote said:
The queue is region wide.

Oh, well my point still stands. :lol

My biggest complaint is how nobody EVER defends. They'll take a point in AB, then like all 8 of them who were there will just move on to another as one Alliance guy just walks on in and takes it. Either that, or there will be like 2 people there and they just get outnumbered. I try my best to instruct people but rarely do they listen.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
water_wendi said:
Same thing happened to me.

1ik768.jpg
Loop!

http://wow-blue.com/technical-support/t1305723773-deepholm-phasing-is-bugged-or-bugged-me.html

Deepholm phasing is bugged or bugged me.

Npcs have disappeared I has 2 quests to turn in at the temple to the gnomes and they are not there anymore nor is the stable master and repair vender for alliance or horde. This happened after doing the Stone mother quest I have like 20 quests I cannot get to because of this.

Çatwømen,

Don't take this the wrong way, but you may need to "kill" yourself to fix it. If that doesn't help, you'll want to open a GM ticket.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
"Oh Boy! Rare Artifact project!" ----> No more artifacts of that race spawn.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

hamchan

demonkaze said:
Me and my brother have been duo'ing since cata came out and are now up to Lv 38 and we're enjoying the game a lot. Only main problem we've come across is a complete lack of a community, doesn't help that we can't find a guild (Aggrammar EU) so it's pretty much just us. Any help on the guild side of things would be greatly appreciated.

Also another question, with regards to instances, should we be doing them as we go along and enter their level ranges or stick with the quest progression, we're quite enjoying the story and we already outlevel the zones pretty quickly as is.
If you want a guild you can just bum around in a big city and there will normally be some recruiting.

For instancing that's up to you. It's a nice change of pace from regular questing but you don't need to do it at all.

Darb

Neo Member
Dipindots said:
Just finished Grim Batol on heroic...

My god, that was really really difficult. It took 2 hours.... But the mace dropped from the last boss. So worth it :D

Did you have a druid tank named Glycan? I finished around the same time and the mace dropped...

Alex

Normally I praise their CS, but you're all kinds of screwed if you need a GM at the moment. I realize they can't just hire a bunch of people for a product launch then fire them a little later, but there has to be some solution to the ginormous wait times.

markot

Banned
Alex said:
Normally I praise their CS, but you're all kinds of screwed if you need a GM at the moment. I realize they can't just hire a bunch of people for a product launch then fire them a little later, but there has to be some solution to the ginormous wait times.
The wait times have always been huge, cata doesnt have much to do with it >.<

Alex

They've always been within about half a day or so with me outside of patch and especially expansion windows.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Narag said:
415 archaelogy. So close to canopic jars.

I just hit 61 and was able to buy my flying mount + old world training. I started leveling arch along with mining, it's actually enjoyable and easy. I might stick with it before i go back to TBC.

Won

NameGenerated said:
Oh, well my point still stands. :lol

My biggest complaint is how nobody EVER defends. They'll take a point in AB, then like all 8 of them who were there will just move on to another as one Alliance guy just walks on in and takes it. Either that, or there will be like 2 people there and they just get outnumbered. I try my best to instruct people but rarely do they listen.

There is something magical about AB. It's like everyone tries as hard as possible to fail. :lol

C.Dark.DN

Banned
evlcookie said:
I just hit 61 and was able to buy my flying mount + old world training. I started leveling arch along with mining, it's actually enjoyable and easy. I might stick with it before i go back to TBC.
It's not enjoyable and easy when you farm for something specific. Hardly any troll sites are popping and I'm forced to trvel to Vashj'ir.

zlatko

Banned
A general question about PvP for you guys. I hope the answer isn't as obvious as I think it is but:

In PvP my opponents are generally able to run around me constantly while ripping off several moves without an issue. How do they do it so well?

My problem is the camera generally ends up needing to be re corrected, or I have to use my mouse to lick my abilities in spots 6 and further, but I can use my left hand for 1-5. Of course when I do reach for abilities 1-5 quickly I have to usually give up movement. This doesn't seem to be the case with my opponents who can constantly keep running around me and use ability after ability.

Narag

evlcookie said:

Oh I think it'd be fantastic to do while levelling a char. Grinding it out is soulcrushing though. :lol

hamchan

zlatko said:
A general question about PvP for you guys. I hope the answer isn't as obvious as I think it is but:

In PvP my opponents are generally able to run around me constantly while ripping off several moves without an issue. How do they do it so well?

My problem is the camera generally ends up needing to be re corrected, or I have to use my mouse to lick my abilities in spots 6 and further, but I can use my left hand for 1-5. Of course when I do reach for abilities 1-5 quickly I have to usually give up movement. This doesn't seem to be the case with my opponents who can constantly keep running around me and use ability after ability.

Q and E are strafe buttons. You can easily hold one of them down while still pressing 1-5 with other fingers.

Dresden

zlatko said:

I just hold down the right mouse button and use WASD for movement--like a shooter, kinda--and have Q, E, F, V, and 1~9 bound with Alt, Ctrl, and Shift variations on each one. Then I have F1~F8 bound as well. Never really need to click anything asides from the hearthstone or something.

where's the earthen ring quartermaster at? Do I need to do any quests before I can get to him, because I've been running around shimmering expanse and abyssal depths and can't find him. I hate these underwater zones :(

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
mamacint said:
I checked around, have you done http://www.wowhead.com/quest=26246 - it's on the downed Horde gunship and initiates a quest, it opens up some questlines.
i did the quest from the logbook. i did the quest thing that drops from the.. uhh.. mercury slimes (the one that has you go into the cave and kill the one thing). i finished up the Upper Pillar and then nothing. What seems to have happened is that i started the quest to begin the search for the Middle Pillar that starts with the goblin shaman (i was 85 when i came to Deepholm so the quest was available and not locked out until 83 like most people come across) but after the area phased when completing the Upper Pillar chain the ability to get the pick-up the Middle Pillar quest is gone. The earthen guy is gone and the space goat shaman lost her !.

ive flown around for hours looking for an exclamation point but gave up days ago. Its too bad i missed the GM because i could have explained i wasnt looking for a hint but only a confirmation that i broke something or if there is a quest out there that i should be looking for.

Angry Grimace

DeathNote said:
It's not enjoyable and easy when you farm for something specific. Hardly any troll sites are popping and I'm forced to trvel to Vashj'ir.
fixed

markot

Banned
water_wendi said:
i did the quest from the logbook. i did the quest thing that drops from the.. uhh.. mercury slimes (the one that has you go into the cave and kill the one thing). i finished up the Upper Pillar and then nothing. What seems to have happened is that i started the quest to begin the search for the Middle Pillar that starts with the goblin shaman (i was 85 when i came to Deepholm so the quest was available and not locked out until 83 like most people come across) but after the area phased when completing the Upper Pillar chain the ability to get the pick-up the Middle Pillar quest is gone. The earthen guy is gone and the space goat shaman lost her !.

ive flown around for hours looking for an exclamation point but gave up days ago. Its too bad i missed the GM because i could have explained i wasnt looking for a hint but only a confirmation that i broke something or if there is a quest out there that i should be looking for.
Kill those metallic slimes at the silver swamp thingy, they drop something that starts a quest, check your bag too just in case you gots it >.<

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Is there a problem with DPS warriors and DKs being kicked because of no CC? I haven't done any yet because of my destroy of worlds tunnel vision.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom