• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
I should say I don't know if I want to get it to 525 fast. The first 525 neck takes 9 chimera's eyes for a heroic equivalent. It's inevitable with prisms and chimera gems.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Angry Grimace said:
Is it just me, or has Elitist Jerks become so literally elitist its not even useful?

It's just a bunch of math-jargon and spreadsheets and the only forum that has anything that actually gives a person any idea how to play a class is the DK one.
The warrior forum is pathetic.

This is ALL the info:
http://elitistjerks.com/f81/t110350-cataclysm_warrior_faq_level_first_ask_questions_later/
"What you will see in this post: Simple, concise answers to frequently asked Warrior questions.
What you won't see in this post: The detailed reasoning behind those answers, advanced Warrior concepts."

When you go into the Fury forum, oh look, posts that are months old and simulator discussion.

Chris R

Are the prices on pvp/arena/honor gear correct at wowhead? I have some points I've saved up and could spend them and get some nice upgrades for leveling on my paladin :lol But I somehow doubt the honor cost for those epics is just so low :|

Dresden

Won said:
Damn, the last 2 levels in Northrend drag on and on... :(
I just did battlegrounds. If you win a lot, it's not that bad... and the honor is good. Just buy cata gear in the AH to feel like a twink.

Entropia

No One Remembers
So I finished Loremaster of Cataclysm, just had Vash'jir. I really don't like that the only way to (legitimately) find the Throne of the Tides entrance is to do the entire story quest. :\

I'm right on the brink of having the ilvl for heroics...so this is a stupid question that I'll answer for myself once my shoulders drop in GB, but I haven't taken the time to discover a couple cata dungeons--will I need to discover then entrance before I'm eligible for heroics? I assume so, but thought it may be different at max level.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
rhfb said:
Are the prices on pvp/arena/honor gear correct at wowhead? I have some points I've saved up and could spend them and get some nice upgrades for leveling on my paladin :lol But I somehow doubt the honor cost for those epics is just so low :|
Don't waste time on level 80 gear. You'll get full set of quest greens fast and they are a higher item level.

Edit: Also, a full set of blue level 85 pvp gear is around the same price as a full set of wrathful.

Angry Grimace said:
Is it just me, or has Elitist Jerks become so literally elitist its not even useful?

It's just a bunch of math-jargon and spreadsheets and the only forum that has anything that actually gives a person any idea how to play a class is the DK one.

A sesspool of dogma. The Priest forum (for healing) has been erratic since at least 2.4 (months behind on Spirit's potential), and has only gotten worse since.

Worse, I feel it helped spawn a wierd shift from elitism in guild success to personal ones (remember, most everyone killed bosses in Wrath so, huge ass XPS was the name of the game to put down others).

C.Dark.DN

Banned
SatelliteOfLove said:
A sesspool of dogma. The Priest forum (for healing) has been erratic since at least 2.4 (months behind on Spirit's potential), and has only gotten worse since.

Worse, I feel it helped spawn a wierd shift from elitism in guild success to personal ones (remember, most everyone killed bosses in Wrath so, huge ass XPS was the name of the game to put down others).
gear score did a hell of a job too

Entropia said:
So I finished Loremaster of Cataclysm, just had Vash'jir. I really don't like that the only way to (legitimately) find the Throne of the Tides entrance is to do the entire story quest. :\
Well it kind of depends on what you mean by legitimate. You can skip the questline and just swim into the abyssal breach, but you'd have to be a bit adventurous to try it. Most people would avoid swimming into a big whirpool on the context that it would probably kill them. I had not done the quests, but guildies were wanting a dps; they told me how to get there so I could queue with them.

SnakeswithLasers said:
I'm right on the brink of having the ilvl for heroics...so this is a stupid question that I'll answer for myself once my shoulders drop in GB, but I haven't taken the time to discover a couple cata dungeons--will I need to discover then entrance before I'm eligible for heroics? I assume so, but thought it may be different at max level.
Yeah, you have to discover the entrance to each instance before you can queue for them, whether it's regular or heroic.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
What's the easiest way to get honor these days. I haven't done anything in Tol Barad but I see Tol Barad Commendation rewarded a lot.

Got about 50 honor in WSG :| Tho, maybe that's fast enough.

hamchan

DeathNote said:
What's the easiest way to get honor these days. I haven't done anything in Tol Barad but I see Tol Barad Commendation rewarded a lot.

Got about 50 honor in WSG :| Tho, maybe that's fast enough.
I've been doing random BGs the past few days and currently have 2.5k honor, so it's not too bad. Seems like it's possible to do 15 Tol Barad dailies a day if your team wins. I currently have 50 commendations so it seems like the mount wont take too long to get.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
hamchan said:
I've been doing random BGs the past few days and currently have 2.5k honor, so it's not too bad. Seems like it's possible to do 15 Tol Barad dailies a day if your team wins. I currently have 50 commendations so it seems like the mount wont take too long to get.
Just making sure there's nothing I'm missing.

Just now realized the blue sets are the same model as the conquest gear. Makes me want to level a bunch of alts.

Tailoring might just be the most annoying profession to level. So tired of farming cloth, to make bolts, to blow 10 bolts on just one skill up. Ridiculous.

Ferrio

Banned
Deputy Moonman said:
Tailoring might just be the most annoying profession to level. So tired of farming cloth, to make bolts, to blow 10 bolts on just one skill up. Ridiculous.

Haven't tried Archeology have ya?

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Deputy Moonman said:
I dont count archeology since it's brand new and doesn't serve any true purpose. I was mainly referring to primary professions. ;)
pros and cons.

It doesn't take months minimum to get every pattern like it does for Jewelcrafting. Which is probably the easiest production profession to hit cap with.

Flib

Finished out most of the rest of the heroics this weekend aside from stonecore. Just tanked Shadowfang Keep, really enjoyed that one. The Springvale fight is kind of ridiculous, felt good downing it. The other bosses were jokes in comparison (and got the Pardon Denied acheivement from the first boss).

Reprise

Neo Member
Hit 85 and then Loremaster of Cataclysm on my lock last nite! A bit dissapointed (unless i missed something) that there's no special tailoring recipe as there was for WOTLK.

Now to do the COC quest chain and then hopefully have enough gear to do heroics (sitting at 323 iLvl so not that far off), but probably should do the normal dungeons first just to get the feel for them since I skipped it on the way up.

Now gotta level my holy Pally and my tank DK and i'll be set!

Angry Grimace said:

I'm probably alone here, but that's what I always enjoyed about EJ and what I really think it should be. I want to see what's inside the black box. I don't want to just hit a sticky for a cliffnote version of "How to Max DPS/Heal/Tank".

I'd agree that the attitudes of the regulars there generally sucks, but if you took the time to look at the number of accounts made and subsequently banned within hours and the kinds of posts they make, you'd begin to understand why. Instead of "let's take a look at Avalanche and understand what makes it proc and see what kind of data we can pull about its usefulness", you have "MATH SUX WHICH IS BETTER AVALANCHE OR HURRICAN".

I'm not saying that you are this kind of person, but it's a sub-community I've lurked around in for years and while I don't always agree with them, I understand the status quo.

Regardless, for many of the class forums there are just these sort of stickied topics.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Freyjadour said:
I'm probably alone here, but that's what I always enjoyed about EJ and what I really think it should be. I want to see what's inside the black box. I don't want to just hit a sticky for a cliffnote version of "How to Max DPS/Heal/Tank".

I'd agree that the attitudes of the regulars there generally sucks, but if you took the time to look at the number of accounts made and subsequently banned within hours and the kinds of posts they make, you'd begin to understand why. Instead of "let's take a look at Avalanche and understand what makes it proc and see what kind of data we can pull about its usefulness", you have "MATH SUX WHICH IS BETTER AVALANCHE OR HURRICAN".

I'm not saying that you are this kind of person, but it's a sub-community I've lurked around in for years and while I don't always agree with them, I understand the status quo.

Regardless, for many of the class forums there are just these sort of stickied topics.
I see tons of cataclysm threads with 200 posts with 90% of the posts from months ago. All it is now is for you to use an outdated spreadsheet by yourself. Dead forum IMO.

Edit: I challenge you to find a useful and current spec discussion for any class.

Alex

Yeah, EJ seems to be dying off. All you really got is the main spread of basic info and little to discuss, at least for my two favored classes.

I would chalk this up to their mods being jackoffs. The goal of focusing on only clean, productive conversation was a good one but even as a lurker I would see them dropping crazy warnings and bans on people for the most inane shit ever.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
From what I can tell... the blue honor set is near BIS for heroics? Gem slots make up for resilience. Most normal blue seems to have no gem slots.

Chris R

rhfb said:
Since nobody else answered my question, I ended up just going to Tanaris to find out. Was a pain to get there (maybe I just missed something but Thousand Needles was stupid as fuck having to swim everywhere) but yes, the honor prices for OLD pvp gear are really that low. Only thing that sucks is I have to be level 70 to even purchase the stuff I want :( Had enough for a libram and shield but whatever.

Dresden

EJ is dead.

Unfortunately the class forums on the battle.net forums are your best bet. Stay off the PvP/General forums and you'll do reasonably well... arena junkies was decent for PvP stuff, no idea how it is now.

Reprise

Neo Member
I had this problem as well, go to the cradle of life area (middle southish area), you should see some diseased vultures flying around...

kill one and it starts a quest, complete that and you're done!

Reprise said:
I had this problem as well, go to the cradle of life area (middle southish area), you should see some diseased vultures flying around...

kill one and it starts a quest, complete that and you're done!
Also if you missed the side-quest with harrison jones in the temple of stars. I think that's the place, where you go around killing skeletons for rope. Go kill a scarab and it will pop up an extra quest for you to do. If you haven't done it that is.

SUPARSTARX

DeathNote said:
From what I can tell... the blue honor set is near BIS for heroics? Gem slots make up for resilience. Most normal blue seems to have no gem slots.
mmm some classes have really good Masteries, the resilience is pretty much worthless if you're doing heroics. They're only good for boosting a few stats and catching up in ilvl to heroic :lol

Hixx

DeathNote said:
I see tons of cataclysm threads with 200 posts with 90% of the posts from months ago. All it is now is for you to use an outdated spreadsheet by yourself. Dead forum IMO.

Edit: I challenge you to find a useful and current spec discussion for any class.

As has been mentioned before their Death Knight threads are incredibly simple and useful and very current.

I did wander in to a mage thread in WotLK and literally say 'what the fuck is this?' though. Graphs, spreadsheets, formulae just to ascertain that 'ABx4 AM' is the way to go :lol

Flib

Went in to Bastion of Twilight last night with an undergeared group, and got a horrible horrible drake combo. No kill, going to have to come back to that. Ran over to Baradin Hold and killed Argolath though, fun fight and relatively easy. The enrage timer is pretty tight, but that's about it.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
SUPARSTARX said:
mmm some classes have really good Masteries, the resilience is pretty much worthless if you're doing heroics. They're only good for boosting a few stats and catching up in ilvl to heroic :lol
Well, I guess it'd be class by class.

Even tho I've been criticizing EJ lately, for DK they say
"Strength > Hit to cap > Haste > Crit >= Expertise to cap > Mastery > Agility"

So...

Bloodthirsty Gladiator's Dreadplate Chestpiece
+280 Strength
+480 Stamina
+40 strength gem
+40 strgenth gem
Equip: Increases your critical strike rating by 173 (2.61% @ L85).

vs

Breastplate of the Risen Land
+268 Strength
+401 Stamina
Equip: Increases your critical strike rating by 178 (3.11% @ L83).
Equip: Increases your mastery rating by 178.

Assuming you got hit capped in the other slots, perhaps be reforging, 92 strength vs 178 mastery.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I really wonder how good mastery is for prot warriors.

I mean, should i really reforge dodge or parry for more mastery? Is it really worth it?

Also, im going to guess tank stats are still more important than hit or expertise right? Because i only have something like 4-5% hit chance and 15 expertise. But i do not dare to reforge dodge, parry or mastery for them. Survival is more important than a 1 or 2% chance to miss/dodge/parry my targets in these harder 5 mans.

Deputy Moonman said:
Also if you missed the side-quest with harrison jones in the temple of stars. I think that's the place, where you go around killing skeletons for rope. Go kill a scarab and it will pop up an extra quest for you to do. If you haven't done it that is.
And if you are still short you can go to the Obelisk of the Moon. Remember that red dragon that is flying around that area half dead? Kill it. I was able to solo it on my lock. You will get it's head for a quest turn in that will also give you three gems that you can sell for a nice bit of gold. :)

Macattk15

Flib said:
Finished out most of the rest of the heroics this weekend aside from stonecore. Just tanked Shadowfang Keep, really enjoyed that one. The Springvale fight is kind of ridiculous, felt good downing it. The other bosses were jokes in comparison (and got the Pardon Denied acheivement from the first boss).

You know that fight can be trivialized if you just pull Springvale down into the courtyard area after the first boss.

Completed all heroics this weekend. Stonecore by far being the worst. Halls of Origination being the slowest. Did Grim Batol with a guild group and was really easy due to the drakes annihilating trash packs.

Now it's time to finish the achievements for the drake.

Flib

Macattk15 said:
You know that fight can be trivialized if you just pull Springvale down into the courtyard area after the first boss.

Completed all heroics this weekend. Stonecore by far being the worst. Halls of Origination being the slowest. Did Grim Batol with a guild group and was really easy due to the drakes annihilating trash packs.

Now it's time to finish the achievements for the drake.

Our biggest issue is that our healer was telling me to tank him against the right wall, and I couldn't see shit or grab the officers. Once I decided to just tank him in the middle of the room, we one shot it. Not worried about the next time we do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom