• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
What'd be the best zone to go to at level 29? I have the chart with the level ranged, I'm looking for which one would be the most fun.

I've done the Goblin starting area and Silverpine. I was doing Ashenvale until bugs and grey forced me out.

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
Twig said:
Anyone have any tips for warrior DPS? Arms specifically. I am consistently the worst on the damage meters. ):

I don't plan to stick to DPS for PvE for long (I much prefer tanking), but I'd still like to be better in the meantime.

edit: I just remembered Elitist Jerks exists, so I'm gonna go check that. U:
i dunno, isn't an arms warrior considered the PvP spec? it'd be like a subtlety rogue trying to raid. if you want to be a raiding DPS warrior i think Fury is a given.

Twig

Banned
Scrow said:
i dunno, isn't an arms warrior considered the PvP spec? it'd be like a subtlety rogue trying to raid. if you want to be a raiding DPS warrior i think Fury is a given.
Is it? I don't know. I went to EJ and it sounded like they were saying "hey it's finally viable for PvE again" but then I read more and it was like "calculus IN YOUR FACE" and utterly nonhelpful.

The plan IS to eventually dual spec prot/arms for raiding/PvP, but just for now I'd like to do a little better in raids. Not a huge deal if I don't, but I'm almost always only doing HALF the DPS of the otherwise lowest DPSer.

kai3345

Banned
Woop! Hit Level 68. Got about half my XP bar full from Borean Tundra quests tonight. If I keep playing like this I may be able to get Cata before christmas :lol :lol

But I've heard Howling Fjord is much more fun. How would an Alliance character get over there? I only knew how to get to BT cuz of the boat from Stormwind.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
If you ever decide you want to kill the elite Naga Valishj on Siltherblade Shore while doing Archeology in Desolace, please don't. Lower levels get disguised as a Naga and have to talk to her. She takes for-ev-ver to respawn. I'm guilty myself.

Jazzy Network said:
Ugh how are dps doing 6-7k dps queuing up for heroics? So frustrating when the warrior tank is doing more dps than your dps.

We just did 3 heroics in a row all doing 7k-ish. What's the problem?

Cyrillus

I just spent an hour and 45 minutes in H GB, and we only got 2/4 down...ugh. Yes I know, my fault for not leaving sooner, but it was my first time in the dungeon, and I figured I didn't mind wiping to learn the fights. Long story short, the healer was awful. in almost every wipe, either he or the tank would be the first to die. I figured maybe he was undergeared, but he had almost full heroic gear on, must've been at least average ilvl340. I couldn't vote-kick him either, because it was 4 guildies and me.

Anyway, that's my rant. I just want to add bring back the 4.0.1 Blood Boil animation! People saying it was obstructive or annoying make no sense, it's a 1 second animation and it's not (exactly) spammable. This new weird yellow shockwave just makes no sense, the previous animation was perfect for a spell called "Blood Boil."

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
Cyrillus said:
I just spent an hour and 45 minutes in H GB, and we only got 2/4 down...ugh. Yes I know, my fault for not leaving sooner, but it was my first time in the dungeon, and I figured I didn't mind wiping to learn the fights. Long story short, the healer was awful. in almost every wipe, either he or the tank would be the first to die. I figured maybe he was undergeared, but he had almost full heroic gear on, must've been at least average ilvl340. I couldn't vote-kick him either, because it was 4 guildies and me.

Anyway, that's my rant. I just want to add bring back the 4.0.1 Blood Boil animation! People saying it was obstructive or annoying make no sense, it's a 1 second animation and it's not (exactly) spammable. This new weird yellow shockwave just makes no sense, the previous animation was perfect for a spell called "Blood Boil."
i think if i ever have to do heroic pugs i will make a new rule that whenever the group is formed i give them this disclaimer,

"Hey guys, I can only afford X time (reasonable amount of time to finish instance) to finish this heroic. If we go over that time I'll have to leave early. You can either kick me now or we can strive to get it done in that time."

Ugh. WoW was crashing so frequently that I did a couple of things (installing some combo updater [Mac here]) to resolve it. Among them, I removed my WTF and Cache folders. Reconfiguring my UI from scratch takes HOURS. And is really frustrating. I still have a few addons left to go too. Thankfully, almost all addons let you set profiles, so when I finish it once, it's pretty much done for all my characters. Except for grid, which I'll have to configure again for healing, but that doesn't take too long.

=/

At least I'm not crashing anymore in the meantime.

NameGenerated said:
I miss the old AV that took hours upon hours upon hours.

I do too, the stalemate at the alliance bridge, or where you collected items to to bring in the riders and stuff. I remember being able to 3 man a tower with another rogue and druid and completely changing the tide of the battle.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Joining a game at night, then going to bed, going to work/school, finally coming home to play in AV only to see it was the same match... good times. It had a much more epic battle feel back then. Getting the windriders, the armored, mounted troops, and of course the rock and tree guys. So much fun.

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
notworksafe said:
Heck, AV often took multiple days on my server! That was just crazy.
Exactly, it was epic as shit, rescuing your wing commanders, and upgrading troops, and summoning the elementals. I stayed in one game for 11 hours straight at my friend's lan party. I wish Blizz would just put it back to normal, I miss it so much. :(

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Twig said:
Is it? I don't know. I went to EJ and it sounded like they were saying "hey it's finally viable for PvE again" but then I read more and it was like "calculus IN YOUR FACE" and utterly nonhelpful.

The plan IS to eventually dual spec prot/arms for raiding/PvP, but just for now I'd like to do a little better in raids. Not a huge deal if I don't, but I'm almost always only doing HALF the DPS of the otherwise lowest DPSer.
Arms was reasonably viable for PvE in Wrath. It wasn't doing Fury damage, but wasn't doing Frost mage damage either. If you like it, nothing wrong with speccing it.

KJTB

Just finished Grim Batol on heroic...

My god, that was really really difficult. It took 2 hours.... But the mace dropped from the last boss. So worth it :D

Trasher

Leveled my second char to 85 today. He's already geared up enough to enter heroics before ever stepping into a single regular dungeon. :lol

Ramirez

Twig said:

Titan's Grip is really fun, you should give it a whirl.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
EJ seems very inactive for warriors. 119 Arms and 203 Fury replies are pathetic. I thought, "oh looks like everyone is in the Spreadsheet thread" . Nope, the last page has replies from October and November only.

Is there some other theorycrafting community that's kept on the down low or something?

notworksafe

Aaaand level 85.

I suppose I should go back and actually do some quests now. Leveled though Archaeology and Mining, though I did do all of Hyjal (was okay) and some quests in Vash'jir (thought it was awful).

Also www.tankspot.com is a good resource for all tanks and their DPS offspecs. They might have some info in their forums.

markot

Banned
When the ground is glowing death, why dont people move >_<?

Trying to heal 3 dps all standing in the damn crap, and a tank who doesnt mind standing in it too >.>

RE: Why people are quitting healing!

1min cooldown on leap of faith too >.< cant save morans fast enough...

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
markot said:
When the ground is glowing death, why dont people move >_<?

Trying to heal 3 dps all standing in the damn crap, and a tank who doesnt mind standing in it too >.>

RE: Why people are quitting healing!

1min cooldown on leap of faith too >.< cant save morans fast enough...
i gotta be honest, i'm guilty of standing in death auras too. there's so much shit flying around the screen it's sometimes difficult to discern if you're standing on something you shouldn't be. sometimes i'm not sure if i'm standing on a player's aura or an NPC one. i see numbers ticking off me in scrolling combat text, but i'm not always sure if that's because of some other AoE. this is especially true on fights i haven't done before or have only seldom done. by the time i realise it's because of where i'm standing i've taken a massive chunk of damage.

after a few attempts on the same fight, there's no excuse however. it should only take 2-3 attempts before you know what the expect; how and when you need to react.

Twig

Banned
Twig said:
I'd like to do a little better in raids.
I have no clue why I said raids here when I really meant dungeons. I'm not even 85 yet! Thanks for the responses, though.

I was actually Fury for DPS during wrath. It's fun running around with two big-ass weapons, but I wanted to try something different. Also, I just felt like I was terrible at the game in general when I tried to do anything as fury.

...Probably because I am terrible. D:

I'll check tankspot.com out.
Scrow said:
i gotta be honest, i'm guilty of standing in death auras too. there's so much shit flying around the screen it's sometimes difficult to discern if you're standing on something you shouldn't be. sometimes i'm not sure if i'm standing on a player's aura or an NPC one. i see numbers ticking off me in scrolling combat text, but i'm not always sure if that's because of some other AoE. this is especially true on fights i haven't done before or have only seldom done. by the time i realise it's because of where i'm standing i've taken a massive chunk of damage.

after a few attempts on the same fight, there's no excuse however. it should only take 2-3 attempts before you know what the expect; how and when you need to react.

I generally do okay on that front unless there's a goddamn death knight. ):

Alex

DeathNote said:
EJ seems very inactive for warriors. 119 Arms and 203 Fury replies are pathetic. I thought, "oh looks like everyone is in the Spreadsheet thread" . Nope, the last page has replies from October and November only.

Is there some other theorycrafting community that's kept on the down low or something?

It is for Shaman too, I'd assume it's dying off a bit since even intelligent, well mannered people are afraid to post there, make a punctuation error and get banned.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
When do you get the rare rewards with Archaeology? Im only a 70 points, and i hope i dont have to grind until 400 points before i see anything else than shitty grey rewards worth a few silvers and some lore.

Narag

funkmastergeneral said:
The highborne soul mirror is what turned me off of archaeology. It projects an image of yourself. Woopee.

It's just a flavor item. I tend to think they'd be a bit more popular on an RP server as well.

Bisnic said:
When do you get the rare rewards with Archaeology? Im only a 70 points, and i hope i dont have to grind until 400 points before i see anything else than shitty grey rewards worth a few silvers and some lore.

I started getting them after 100 but have no idea if there's a base requirement. I almost dislike them as the higher fragment counts actually slow arch progression.

demonkaze

Me and my brother have been duo'ing since cata came out and are now up to Lv 38 and we're enjoying the game a lot. Only main problem we've come across is a complete lack of a community, doesn't help that we can't find a guild (Aggrammar EU) so it's pretty much just us. Any help on the guild side of things would be greatly appreciated.

Also another question, with regards to instances, should we be doing them as we go along and enter their level ranges or stick with the quest progression, we're quite enjoying the story and we already outlevel the zones pretty quickly as is.

Alex

I have a friend who is in love with archeology, I've yet to mess much with it though. As far as professions go, I'm kinda unhappy with Alchemy. They took away endless potions and there's one one iteration of the stone? I mean it looks nice for PvP, but then again the last thing I need in PvP is less mana. :lol

Rapstah

My first heroic: Grim Batol. Pug. I'm a disc priest at 329 avg item level. I wasn't the weakest link. We downed Throngus (zoned in there, their previous healer left after a wipe) with one DPS, the tank and I left alive, a matter of seconds before the wipe. Drahga was shockingly easy, no one died and we downed him first try. There was some hard as shit trash, but we didn't have any CC except for a hunter and their bombing run had been inconsistent.

On Erudax, however, the DPS simply couldn't down the two adds quickly enough to prevent the angry whelps from destroying our group. We wiped I think five times before the tank and I left.

Narag

+380 stamina, a socket, and 213 mastery on the stone seems like no joke though. No idea if that's a lot of mastery compared to other items though. :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom