• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Xabora said:
Everyone can actually with a fly mount, just on a zone change in Azeroth you dismount.

Flight form is immune to this. Like I said. No zone change dismounts me. Hell even the boats work fine. I got all the way to Darnassus from the Blasted Lands.

SW will dismount you if you try and fly over the tunnels unstead of through them. Otherwise i was flying for the last few hours. Just don't fly anywhere that is considered inside or you're done.

Alex

I really wish, with the old world revamp, they would have at least added some new systems to address the glaring weaknesses in their leveling game. They have the best quest design by far, some stupendous combat and development mechanics but I still have to trudge around in an environment that vastly encourages solo play.

I wish they'd just offer some difficulty mods and settings for group play if the player wishes. This is like the ONLY thing FFXIV did ok, well, actually none of the values work at all but it's the THOUGHT that counts!!! Kind of!

Tamanon

Banned
Alex said:
I really wish, with the old world revamp, they would have at least added some new systems to address the glaring weaknesses in their leveling game. They have the best quest design by far, some stupendous combat and development mechanics but I still have to trudge around in an environment that vastly encourages solo play.

I wish they'd just offer some difficulty mods and settings for group play if the player wishes. This is like the ONLY thing FFXIV did ok, well, actually none of the values work at all but it's the THOUGHT that counts!!! Kind of!

You can always just hit the I button if you want to group up while leveling:p

C.Dark.DN

Banned
krypt0nian said:
Flight form is immune to this. Like I said. No zone change dismounts me. Hell even the boats work fine. I got all the way to Darnassus from the Blasted Lands.

SW will dismount you if you try and fly over the tunnels unstead of through them. Otherwise i was flying for the last few hours. Just don't fly anywhere that is considered inside or you're done.
Dammit! Flying around old world is something I've wanted to do since vanilla. The mountains are so neat. So many other neat perspectives to see also.

Should have made a Druid.

My only hope is to get a premade prior to them fixing the issue. ;-; ;-;

Alex

Tamanon said:
You can always just hit the I button if you want to group up while leveling:p

It isn't going to suddenly make the mechanics in the general game world more prone to grouping. You'll still be punished and it'll clash with the general values and design on things outside of the rare elite quest. Getting a group isn't a problem, making the game scale around one and feel more rewarding for having one in the leveling game is my issue.

Granted, you can do dungeons and those are good fun, and for a few recent titles thats a hell of a lot more than they do, but I just wanted an option, I guess.

I'm all for solo to cap options, I just think it should be the option, and not the primary. If they had shot some good group mechanics into the leveling game it would've done wonders for things, IMO.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
It'd have to be instanced really.

2 mages aoe-ing down a bunch of cake mobs while 3 of you are facing one or two mob with a perhaps high health setting would blow.

Alex

Yeah youd have to rebalance or code around issues like that, but I still think it'd be a worthy use of time compared to some of the junk theyre doing.

Same goes for old race remodeling!

firex

might just be me not reading combat text right but I think prot paladin damage is bugged. crits are about the same on ptr as they are on live, but regular damage seems to be about 10% of that.

J-Rzez

Was on vacation to the beach for a week, I couldn't have missed much in that...

...hunters get bloodlust now too, along with nearly every buff/debuff in the game? :lol

Time to hit them with the old hybrid tax now as well. Looks like we just have Rogues and Locks yet to get Bloodlust.

Oooh, PTR. Nevermind, copies maxed for the day apparently.

Cipherr

J-Rzez said:
...hunters get bloodlust now too, along with nearly every buff/debuff in the game? :lol

Time to hit them with the old hybrid tax now as well.

Naaaaaaaah. They did promise that this is what they were going to do with hunter pets. We all ignored GC when he said it though thinking there was no way, then they delivered.

Ghostcrawler said:
We haven’t done our design pass on them yet. The design is for them to no longer receive raid buff since they get complete scaling from the master (and we don’t want them to double dip). Their abilities will be divided into 3 categories: basic focus dumps (e.g. Claw), specials (e.g. web), and exotic abilities for the BM exotic pets. Specials never cost focus and basics have short cooldowns but meaningful damage. All pets will do the same dps. We don’t want “wolf or die” in Cataclysm (and before that it was cat). Each pet family will bring a unique raid buff, allowing hunters to be wildcards for when you are lacking something. The ease of swapping pets will facilitate this further.

Heres the link

I mean that was back in June, and its exactly how he described it, but we all assumed he was blowing smoke. The pets lost their unique swipes, and Poisons etc but they gained unique buffs. Its great :D

And the PTR char copy was up for like......2 or 3 minutes from what I saw, enough for me to get another copy then it locked up again :lol When you do get in, stay away from the Blood Elf capital city, its a blackhole of "Why am I stuck on the loading screen......maybe if I logout and back in agai..........nope.......fuck...."

Swag

funkmastergeneral said:
Cool, so hunters are a better buffing class than shaman, maybe they'll be stuck doing terrible dps as well.

Doesn't BM do terrible DPS compared to the other specs? The big buffs such as Blood Lust are Spirit Beast Exclusive I think, so you need to be deep BM to get the buffs, which offers less dps then MM and Surv.

Xabora

Sebulon3k said:
Doesn't BM do terrible DPS compared to the other specs? The big buffs such as Blood Lust are Spirit Beast Exclusive I think, so you need to be deep BM to get the buffs, which offers less dps then MM and Surv.
Corehound

firex

funkmastergeneral said:
Cool, so hunters are a better buffing class than shaman, maybe they'll be stuck doing terrible dps as well.
hunters are now capable of saying "hey what buff/debuff don't we have in this raid guys" and then pulling out a pet that handles that.

except for BL if they aren't BM spec.

Mojojo

With 4.0.1 on PTR, does it mean Cataclysm release could be sooner than people thought? I am not in beta, nor playing the game at the moment, but it seems great progress is being done ?

Could blizzard pull a stunt at Blizzcon and announces its immediate release just after their show?

I won't be able to play before November , so I'd be pissed if i missed the big events leading to cataclysm :(

firex

I kind of agree with MMO champion as saying the likely internal release date (i.e. not said because they could always change it, but the one they are going for now) is Nov. 2.

Hixx

I still think late November, but I imagine they're very close to being content complete and the next month or so will be about the itemizing and fine tuning. A month from now till 4.0.1 hits and then 6 weeks till Cataclysm launches imo.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Looks like I'll just be able to sneak in for 4.0 patch, but being able to play Cataclysm will be delayed for me personally. Ah well.

J-Rzez

Wow, just made a fresh pally on the PTR as my characters are pending copy, and I must say I really like the changes so far to the game, and the class. CS not being queued, and available at level 1 is great. Going to try and hit some low level bgs with it after i get it up high enough for the teens bracket.

Scratch that, game keeps crashing on me now on the loading screen after "entering" the world after character selection for some reason.

I haven't played the Beta much lately.

Torn between playing Beta and doing things that won't be possible when Cataclysm launches.

Explorer
ZG mounts etc.

ampere

funkmastergeneral said:
Go ele
or better yet, resto.

I sort of miss enhance, but it isn't worth the effort :/

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
funkmastergeneral said:
Enhancement 4 life, yo

I top meters in 5 mans(i know, "5 mans is srs business lulz", its an alt so..) as enhancement more than half the time. 4 life indeed. Maybe i kinda like classes with a more complex "rotation". Must be why i love prot warriors much more than feral bear druids.

Not liking the changes to Cleave for warriors, making it an instant attack instead of next melee attack. I'm not going to complain about that change with regard to Heroic Strike, but the Cleave change downgrades our aoe tanking. I didn't complain about aoe tanking throughout LK but this is ridiculous.

Bisnic

PhoenixDark said:
Not liking the changes to Cleave for warriors, making it an instant attack instead of next melee attack. I'm not going to complain about that change with regard to Heroic Strike, but the Cleave change downgrades our aoe tanking. I didn't complain about aoe tanking throughout LK but this is ridiculous.

Isn't it better if its instant? Unless they've put some stupid cooldown like 5 secs.

funkmastergeneral said:
Enhancement 4 life, yo

I'd play my enhance shammy more if I wasn't spoiled by insta-queue for tanks. Magma + Fire Nova + CL spam :D

When I do I still can't upgrade my 2x Aledar Battlestar's, the axes in H FoS never drop and when they do a hunter wins them :(

Bisnic said:
Isn't it better if its instant? Unless they've put some stupid cooldown like 5 secs.

Not for aoe tanking, it's a nerf. I've tried it in a few instances and it just doesn't work well, and adds bypass me for the dps. Initially I thought this was due to me having ICC gear still while dps had Cata gear and were higher levels. Yet even with comparable gear I notice the same thing.

Bisnic

KernelPanic said:
I'd play my enhance shammy more if I wasn't spoiled by insta-queue for tanks. Magma + Fire Nova + CL spam :D

When I do I still can't upgrade my 2x Aledar Battlestar's, the axes in H FoS never drop and when they do a hunter wins them :(

Well, there is also a fist weapon that randomly drop from any icc 5 mans, not to mention the mace from the Lich King escape in H HOR. You can get 3 good enhancement weapons, i'd say that's a good thing!

Bisnic said:
Well, there is also a fist weapon that randomly drop from any icc 5 mans, not to mention the mace from the Lich King escape in H HOR. You can get 3 good enhancement weapons, i'd say that's a good thing!

Last time I tried the fist weapon did drop and a huntard took that one too :(

I'd prefer an axe/fist since I'm an orc but I'll try it again this week.

Fun class, can't really decide if I prefer this or combat rogue for a melee DPS alt. I tried cat form on my druid a while but that's just a headache.

I tend to get tunnel vision doing melee DPS, I'm usually hitting air for a while until I notice the tank moved the mob just out of melee range :lol

On a more positive note, I'm very impressed with the self healing abilities warriors have now, including the buff to Enraged Regeneration. Warrior tank survivability is looking very promising and I can't wait to test it out in a raid situation. Victory Rush is definitely going to be a big part of tank rotations too; the healing it does is pretty high, wouldn't be surprised if it's nerfed a bit before launch, and it makes solo leveling even cooler.

Interesting seeing Rend becoming something that could be added to the rotation as well, due to Blood And Thunder (Thunder Clapping a target currently affected by Rend has a 100% chance of effected all over targets with Rend). I'm gonna play around with it a bit later tonight, maybe create a macro for it

I have a lvl 13 human alt...I was wondering if it would be possible to level that character in the Dranei starting areas instead of old world. Thoughts? Disadvantages?

Dunlop

KernelPanic said:

this.

I leveled my pally ret/prot and have been tanking since 80. I respecced out of Retribution into Holy and have been so spoiled by insta tank queues that I will still queue as tank and hope I do ot get a pally healer to roll on the OS loot (I wont need if there is one).

I don't know if it is because my main is a holy/disc priest but so far I just cannot get a "feel" for healing as a paladin. It feels even more more monotanous than discipline if that is even possible.

Ashodin

Just tried to do Naxx on Anasterian PTR, I think we broke it at Patchwerk :lol

Good god the Paladin DPS rotation is fucking WEIRD.

Consecration is a HUGE mana sink, which isn't worth it imo, Holy Wrath hits ALL targets for like 6K, and comes up often.

And don't get me started on boss fights, we hit Patchwerk, and suddenly I was like hnnn when do I use Zealotry, now? or later? So I figured I'd pop Wings + Zealotry for crazy Templar's Verdict spam, and that's when the server went down :lol

The Lamonster said:
I have a lvl 13 human alt...I was wondering if it would be possible to level that character in the Dranei starting areas instead of old world. Thoughts? Disadvantages?

You can level that character at Bloodmyst Isle. It's a 10-20 zone and you'll level quicker there than the old zones would. Plus there's better quest rewards as well.

HarryDemeanor said:
You can level that character at Bloodmyst Isle. It's a 10-20 zone and you'll level quicker there than the old zones would. Plus there's better quest rewards as well.
Perfect, thanks! Looks like I've got a journey to make...

Rapstah

HarryDemeanor said:
There are I believe two quest chains that are locked for non-Draenei, but you can easily get to 20.

Evlar

Banned
Maxrpg said:
Just tried to do Naxx on Anasterian PTR, I think we broke it at Patchwerk :lol

Good god the Paladin DPS rotation is fucking WEIRD.

Consecration is a HUGE mana sink, which isn't worth it imo, Holy Wrath hits ALL targets for like 6K, and comes up often.

And don't get me started on boss fights, we hit Patchwerk, and suddenly I was like hnnn when do I use Zealotry, now? or later? So I figured I'd pop Wings + Zealotry for crazy Templar's Verdict spam, and that's when the server went down :lol
HIT HIM SO HARD THE SERVER FELL OVER

Nerf pallies.

Bisnic

The Lamonster said:
Perfect, thanks! Looks like I've got a journey to make...

Hopefully your human isnt a rogue or warlock, because there is no trainer for them in Exodar. At least there is a rogue trainer in Darnassus, but that still requires you to wait for a boat.

Bisnic said:
Hopefully your human isnt a rogue or warlock, because there is no trainer for them in Exodar. At least there is a rogue trainer in Darnassus, but that still requires you to wait for a boat.
Mage. Thanks though!

J-Rzez

It seems after every time I try to log back into the PTR after selecting my toon and it's at the loading screen it crashes, something to do with "maps". Has this happened to anyone else? Only way I fixed it before was by deleting and reinstalling everything for the PTR. I'd hate to lose all the data I dl'd already again.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
J-Rzez said:
It seems after every time I try to log back into the PTR after selecting my toon and it's at the loading screen it crashes, something to do with "maps". Has this happened to anyone else? Only way I fixed it before was by deleting and reinstalling everything for the PTR. I'd hate to lose all the data I dl'd already again.
blood elf starting area? im having problems with that. earlier in the thread i remember someone mentioning it as well.

edit: just tried making a BE of different classes on both US servers and it crashes. paladin dwarf worked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom