• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
SnakeswithLasers said:
animated%20siren%20gif%20animated%20siren%20gif%20animated%20siren%20gif%20drudge%20report.GIF
Oh god!

/cast Nether Ward
/cast [pet:Voidwalker] Sacrifice

If you pvp/e enough you get to notice. Like in an arena match yesterday as soon as we got the rogue out of stealth my teammate yelled that he was in full tier 11 and he got nuked down.
See, this I can understand because there's a practical asset to identifying what your opponent is capable of. Knowledge of your opponents is an integral part of competitive play. But I'd like vanity upgrades for PvE, or BGs (unrated) and just general dicking around.

Twig

Banned
I was thinking the other day and got myself pretty excited about the idea of profession-exclusive appearance-sets.

Like an engineering set of armor all covered in engineering... stuff.

Cogs and gears and shit. You know.

Yeah.

I want it. ):

Halycon said:
What class are you playing. I'm an afflic lock and I can really only hold my own against priests, (frost) DKs and other locks.

Casting drain life in a 1v1 scenario is asking to get locked down. Interrupt that shit.
A warrior. I do interrupt it. They weren't doing it. D:

J-Rzez said:
Locks are pretty tough because some do the drain life thing, others pop their VW shield, and soul link for the longest time made them pretty resilient. Demon form also plays a role sometimes. They've been for a while now pretty tough.

I have no trouble with paladins anymore, which is nice. And druids vary based on spec: Resto = Free kill, Boomkins = Free Kill, Feral = takes some time but can kill when played right. The toughest class for me to kill right now I think are Rogues; lots of CC, damage mitigation, and avoidance in general. Wars do a ton of burst which is hard to counter for me at times unless I have full cd's waiting.
Yeah, warriors rock, but against paladins, even with colossus smash, paladins just laugh in my face and take all the damage and heal and bubble and heal and take more damage and heal and then I have no heals so I die. U:

And yes, feral druids are the only ones that give me trouble. BLEED BLEED lol ima drood im gonna run now o u ded teabaggin time

Haly

And enchanters can glow and shit, and scribes can have awesome tatoos. It can be an whole new moneysink to combat inflation!

There's lots of possibilities, but Blizzard just keeps making new Mounts and Pets.

Mounts I can understand because OMG DRAGONS MUST HAVE. But I see people collecting pets and never even using them. And Rogues with pets out = lol.

Twig

Banned
Halycon said:
And enchanters can glow and shit, and scribes can have awesome tatoos. It can be an whole new moneysink to combat inflation!
Save that for the runemaster hero class. ;_;
There's lots of possibilities, but Blizzard just keeps making new Mounts and Pets.

Mounts I can understand because OMG DRAGONS MUST HAVE. But I see people collecting pets and never even using them. And Rogues with pets out = lol.
I have a mod that auto summons a random pet and summons random mounts when I mount up. It's boss.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
DeathNote said:
Let's recap.

-You said 95% don't care.
-He said more than 5% surely care

And he's the one spewing of a mass swelling without data?

People have been very vocal about this stuff for 6 years and it doesn't take a genius to know more than 5% want it.
I would be willing to wager 9 out of 10 people have never even heard or consider those things. It's just nitpicky crap and it makes no material difference in the game's quality.

Even if we assume that that argument had merit, it doesn't ipso facto lead to the conclusion that Blizzard is lazy or incompetent.

Halycon said:
See, this I can understand because there's a practical asset to identifying what your opponent is capable of. Knowledge of your opponents is an integral part of competitive play. But I'd like vanity upgrades for PvE, or BGs (unrated) and just general dicking around.
This is why I'm not personally stoked on the dye idea if it would be fully customizable. One of the main reasons why Team Fortress 2 is so awesome is because of that ability to snap judge a player by their silhouette in the distance. WoW has an aspect of that with the gear-------if they didn't reuse it and farm it out to "all plate wearers" and such.

But, like you, I'm totally into the idea of other sorts of customization that wouldn't necessarily break the game. Or even making specific arena sets that you must wear in arena/bg based on iLvl so that there could be more customization outside of serious PVP. I don't know, just throwing spaghetti at the wall because this is a discussion board, not entirely a flame board.

Ferrio

Banned
I'm sick and tired of dragon mounts (always hated them, way too big), they've been ran into the ground. I figured we were done seeing them after lich... but nope here they are and uglier than ever. Such a shame the vial of the sands turns you into the ugliest dragon in the game. Come on blizz I know you can think of other flying stuff to ride.

Ferrio said:
I'm sick and tired of dragon mounts (always hated them, way too big), they've been ran into the ground. I figured we were done seeing them after lich... but nope here they are and uglier than ever. Such a shame the vial of the sands turns you into the ugliest dragon in the game. Come on blizz I know you can think of other flying stuff to ride.
I just want a hippogryph so bad. But on all my characters I skipped Zangarmarsh after playing it once at BC launch (I didn't have an epic **WALKING** mount back then) and hating the sheer size and puddle filled nature of it. Now I'm stuck with the entire Cenarion Expedition or Circle or whatever grind and it's hard to commit when I can't choose a "main."

Twig

Banned
Just turn off customization in rated BGs and arenas. Problem solved. Even random non-rated BGs if it REALLY UPSETS YOU THAT MUCH YOU BIG HYPOTHETICAL BABY.

Also, my Drake of the West Wind is the best looking dragon mount in the game to date. WIN.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Oh god, was just reading blood elf lore and fell alseep for a few minutes and had a dream about the wretched. What is happening to me???

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
SnakeswithLasers said:
I just want a hippogryph so bad. But on all my characters I skipped Zangarmarsh after playing it once at BC launch (I didn't have an epic **WALKING** mount back then) and hating the sheer size and puddle filled nature of it. Now I'm stuck with the entire Cenarion Expedition or Circle or whatever grind and it's hard to commit when I can't choose a "main."
I think you can just get a key to the heroics and just murder the entire dungeon several times to get to Exalted.

Twig

Banned
Angry Grimace said:
I think you can just get a key to the heroics and just murder the entire dungeon several times to get to Exalted.
Yeah, it really doesn't take long at all now that we're overpowered 85s.

Well, except the whole "one heroic a day!" thing. But TOTAL time spent will be pretty low.

WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO GRIND BACK STEAMWHEEDLE CARTEL REP

This boat in Grizzly Hills is taking way longer than I expected, even with the literally instant respawns. D:

also

SnakeswithLasers said:
WoW has an aspect of that with the gear
That may be true for you and others, but I've never been able to tell crap from scat in WoW. It's all the same shit to me!

Angry Grimace said:
It's just nitpicky crap and it makes no material difference in the game's quality.

This. If not being able to have pink armor makes the game not worth playing, you probably don't want to play wow that much. Seeing people in town and being able to tell who is good or who isn't has always been in the game. When the first glads got their mounts it was awesome to see people flying around in them. The first time I ran into iron forge as a warlock I saw a guy in full tier 2 armor and my goal was to get that armor. Too bad BC came out a month later so I had to settle for t4 for my first cool looking set.

(lock t5 is still awesome)

Angry Grimace said:
I got to revered on my hunter with that method. The worst part is looting those corpses (they drop a rep turn-in that is pretty nice and also sells for 30g on my server). I'll probably finish up the grind with him sooner or later. But I don't have anybody else that is as efficient at aoe as him. Send in the tenacity pet to pack to pack in a room, misdirect, mend pet, multi shot, multi shot, multi shot, get stragglers, loot.

Angry Grimace

SnakeswithLasers said:
I got to revered on my hunter with that method. The worst part is looting those corpses (they drop a rep turn-in that is pretty nice and also sells for 30g on my server). I'll probably finish up the grind with him sooner or later. But I don't have anybody else that is as efficient at aoe as him. Send in the tenacity pet to pack to pack in a room, misdirect, mend pet, multi shot, multi shot, multi shot, get stragglers, loot.
There are three of those dungeons too, but you should probably grind regular till Revered and then do all three til Exalted.

I'm interested in Hippos too, I'm just tired as fuck of dragons. I'm kinda bummed all the new mounts are just the same old drakes recolored.

Haly

Zanken said:
We're fine. Click on the ffffffffcking lightwell. :lol
Asking for people to click the lightwell is like asking people to use their healthstones.

NO ONE REMEMBERS.

I'M A LOCK AND I FORGET I HAVE HEALTHSTONES.

Twig

Banned
cuevas said:
When the first glads got their mounts it was awesome to see people flying around in them.
No it wasn't. I was just pissed because I knew I'd never get that mount.

That kind of stuff is what I enjoy most in WoW outside of PvP. I don't give a shit about status symbols or who's best arena team or who got WORLD FIRST on death arthas'thas the betrayeramus wing. I just want to enjoy myself. Locking cool content out from me because I'm not a poopsocker just makes me bitter and kills my enthusiasm for the game.

I mean, I always get over it because it's still a GOOD GAME, but that doesn't mean it's ideal.

Angry Grimace

A mount I really like is the Headless Horseman's mount, but I only have it on my Priest.

Coeliacus

Halycon said:
Asking for people to click the lightwell is like asking people to use their healthstones.
I was running a normal pug yesterday and I told everyone before a pull to use the lightwell. Some new 85 ran up to it and spam clicked it. The lightwell lasted about 20 seconds into the fight. Also said the same thing two days ago during fight on the last boss in Grim Batol, the random purple glob thingy practically landed on it and all three DPS ran up to it anyway happily standing in purple stuff to click on the thing at point blank.

LIGHTWEEEELLS how do they work? ()%*&()*&#)(&*^(_$*U

Twig said:
No it wasn't. I was just pissed because I knew I'd never get that mount.

That kind of stuff is what I enjoy most in WoW outside of PvP. I don't give a shit about status symbols or who's best arena team or who got WORLD FIRST on death arthas'thas the betrayeramus wing. I just want to enjoy myself. Locking cool content out from me because I'm not a poopsocker just makes me bitter and kills my enthusiasm for the game.

I mean, I always get over it because it's still a GOOD GAME, but that doesn't mean it's ideal.

So what, you want everything for free and not have to "earn" anything?

Rapstah

Zanken said:
I was running a normal pug yesterday and I told everyone before a pull to use the lightwell. Some new 85 ran up to it and spam clicked it. The lightwell lasted about 20 seconds into the fight. Also said the same thing two days ago during fight on the last boss in Grim Batol, the random purple glob thingy practically landed on it and all three DPS ran up to it anyway happily standing in purple stuff to click on the thing at point blank.

LIGHTWEEEELLS how do they work? ()%*&()*&#)(&*^(_$*U
Oh, holy troubles. "Why r u not casting noob", "why r u smiting noob", "why r u not healing me I is standing in purple stuff and omg u is not healing" etc. etc. etc. etc. Only one of those was Disc-specific, I know.

cuevas said:
This. If not being able to have pink armor makes the game not worth playing, you probably don't want to play wow that much. Seeing people in town and being able to tell who is good or who isn't has always been in the game. When the first glads got their mounts it was awesome to see people flying around in them. The first time I ran into iron forge as a warlock I saw a guy in full tier 2 armor and my goal was to get that armor. Too bad BC came out a month later so I had to settle for t4 for my first cool looking set.

(lock t5 is still awesome)
:lol Nice hyperbole, would expect nothing more in here. Nobody is saying, "I hate this game and refuse to play because I can't give my troll a tribal heart tattoo on his lower back." The discussion is more of, "There are customization features that could be cool and deserve to be implemented since I like this game and would like to a) see more distinct armor models, and b) have some different options for my character's appearance. The game has went through a lot of evolution over the years--especially in the overall visual presentation, but the actual character visuals feel like they've stagnated and in some cases devolved."

Twig

Banned
cuevas said:
So what, you want everything for free and not have to "earn" anything?
Man, that is not even close to what I said. Please stop trying to troll me. I can spot it a mile away.

notsol337

marked forever
Einbroch said:
Why is there so much bickering in this thread? :(

It's GAF. If everyone agreed on everything threads would be like 12 posts long, and every post would say "I agree."

Also, it's bickering because internet.

Mostly internet, I think.

Twig

Banned
Einbroch said:
Why is there so much bickering in this thread? :(
I don't know. The only other community on GAF in which I heavily participate is TF2, and people there don't get all bent out of shape when there's a dissenting opinion. Sure we might argue about this or that but no one gets outright OFFENDED and there's no insults thrown around - well, no insults that are meant to be taken seriously.

It's pretty annoying.

Though to be fair, everyone in the TF2 thread pretty much plays WITH each other so we're all buddy chums.

Einbroch

Banned
notsol337 said:
It's GAF. If everyone agreed on everything threads would be like 12 posts long, and every post would say "I agree."

Also, it's bickering because internet.

Mostly internet, I think.
There's a difference in arguing and bickering, though. It's like:

"I don't like BLANK."
"You're the only one."
"No I'm not, idiot."
"Don't call me an idiot, retard."
"Shut the hell up."
"nou"
"nou"
"nou"

Annoying.

Twig

Banned
Einbroch said:
There's a difference in arguing and bickering, though. It's like:

"I don't like BLANK."
"You're the only one."
"No I'm not, idiot."
"Don't call me an idiot, retard."
"Shut the hell up."
"nou"
"nou"
"nou"

Annoying.
Don't forget the walls of text explaining the reasons for opinions that just get utterly ignored in favor of more insults.

Twig

Banned
SquirrelNuckle said:
Nether Ray > Dragons

I miss my nether ray. ): Need to farm it on my new account, but so many cataclysm dailies to do already that I have no spots left to work on vanity items! Ahhh!

Angry Grimace

It hasn't been truly hostile since Laughtrey used to shit the thread up on a daily basis.

Twig said:
Man, that is not even close to what I said. Please stop trying to troll me. I can spot it a mile away.
Locking cool content out from me because I'm not a poopsocker just makes me bitter and kills my enthusiasm for the game.
Okay how do you want them to make the content accessible for someone like you? I'm sure you are not the only person who doesn't like this aspect of wow.

Twig

Banned
cuevas said:
Okay how do you want them to make the content accessible for someone like you? I'm sure you are not the only person who doesn't like this aspect of wow.
I dunno. My issue is not with things being HARD. My issue is with them being LITERALLY IMPOSSIBLE.

I will never, ever get an armored nether drake because they were exclusively rewarded to top tier arena participants. I will never, ever get a zul'amani war bear because they were removed from the game after WOTLK hit and it was made "too easy" (though, for some reason, not that I am complaining at all! they decided it was okay to leave in WOTLK's challenge-associated mounts).

It's stuff like that I don't like. I wouldn't even mind if they decided to make the frostwyrm, for example, a rare drop instead of leaving it as a reward for cheesemints, because at least then I'd still have a chance SOME DAY of getting it. I mean, I'd still be a LITTLE bitter, because frankly I don't have the time to get these things done when I'm "supposed to" thanks to school (grad school, now, which is even worse!). But significantly less bitter!

Also: the poopsocker comment was a joke holy shit stop being so hypersensitive please.

TheYanger

cuevas said:

For no effort or time spent.
It's plenty 'available' to everyone. The amount of time it takes to be good at wow is actually pretty minimal. If you can't even invest that small amount of time, that content is out of your reach anyway. crying because the mount is taken out, when you put forth no effort to get it in the first place, makes no sense. If it were perpetually available (And while that particular color isn't, a new one always is, due to arena being in seasons), but required the same amount of skill and effort, people like that would still never get it.

Twig said:
Don't forget the walls of text explaining the reasons for opinions that just get utterly ignored in favor of more insults.

Twig said:
TheYanger said:
Argh, Cata OT got closed while I was typing. So this is RE: tol barad being terrible, and Guild levelling being terrible.

Tol Barad was a clusterfuck before the win trading. On Mal'ganis horde got it like twice a week in the middle of the night, because it's just THAT badly designed. Enforced side-equality raises the question of why it isn't just a battleground in the first place - it's not like having a 'world pvp' zone that only 20 people get to participate in once every 2.5 hours is good design on any level. It's well established that it's unbalanced even if the sides were equally skilled, which because it's not instanced and has enforced equality they never are. The dailies lock out 15 minutes PRIOR to the battle, completely inexplicably, then they change after every one, meaning to optimize your rep/dailies/tokens you need to keep running back every time you fight over the zone just to see if more jail dailies popped up.

In fact, you keep spewing bullshit about the zone, I'd love to hear a single redeeming quality about it. It should be a standard battleground, and they can just put their daily quest 'hub' zone anywhere else in the world. The notion that it's a world pvp zone is a farce when you have to queue for it anyway, all it does is make baradin hold incredibly inconvenient to run and...that's it! SWEET!

As we like to say in guild "This is completely enhancing my fun right now". Blizz should consider that statement when they design things like this. I should note ALL of these issues were raised in beta, they just didn't fix them.

Guild levelling: Clearly simply broken. Designed at the speed a reasonable guild would level while doing guild achieves in beta, now horribly slowed down so that every guild with a medium population will cap at the exact same rate. THEN xp slowed down so we didn't hit our daily cap within 10 seconds (it still only takes 5 minutes though), yet it now hurts smaller guilds who at this rate will probably take nearly a year to cap their guild out. Again: This does not enhance fun at all. They should have simply left the guild achievement experience in and accepted that hardcore guilds were going to cap out very quickly due to already having credit for so many. Having guild achievements do absolutely nothing at all has sapped any incentive for them. I get that achievements don't 'do' anything for players either, but I don't think anyone is attached to their guild achievements like they are the player ones. My guild is FULL of achievers (one of our warriors would have been the first person int he world to have every achievement in the game if not for rng), and still nobody can be concerned with most of the guild crap, very few are actually 'fun' and most are grinds, but people should at least have incentive to go do guild instance runs in the old world or something. Basically they shot their whole levelling system in the foot just because they got pissy that people were going to be level 10 the first week (After which it would have slowed down significantly anyway).

Then there's rep. Taking this long to even use the rewards we've earned is ridiculous. We unlocked our Dark Phoenix mounts the second week, I won't be able to buy and use it for 3 more months, when it's no longer even remotely prestigious. That seems like a good design choice.

Guild achievement advancement in general: Clearly tuned incorrectly. Look at the glyph achieve and try to convince yourself they bothered to change that when they completely reworked glyphs. Or look at how many flasks it takes to make the 25 man cauldron achieve: You will have every guild perk related to cauldrons for probably 8-10 months BEFORE you can even get the cauldrons made if you have your guild make/supply 5 flasks per raider 5 raids a week. Still takes almost an entire year of that to make enough. This is just bad design.
Nope!
Pot, it's me, Kettle. :lol

Twig

Banned
SnakeswithLasers said:
Pot, it's me, Kettle. :lol
That wasn't an insult, to be fair! :D

I never claimed to be innocent. But he was being a jerk to me and I had already tried to discuss Tol Barad and why I like it more than once. Didn't feel the need to get into it a third time with someone who refuses to even bother reading my posts. \:

funkmastergeneral said:
Whenever Twig makes an appearance in the thread the bickering begins. Normally the only hostility in here is J-zrez complaining about random shit.
Thanks for blaming me when it's not always my fault. Appreciated.

Usually what happens:
Twig states an opinion that is not popular.
Twig gets yelled at for being WRONG.
Twig retaliates.

hamchan

Twig said:
But they're still people behind the characters and they still got there first and on a PvE server they're not really your enemy. If you can't attack them at will, then it doesn't count for shit.

If you could attack your own faction, would you then steal? Even if they weren't technically the "enemy", lore-wise?

For the record, I steal any and all ore I can get, no matter who tries to take it, so I don't give a fuck about douchebaggery. I need it, too. Screw you guys!
Of course they're still your enemy on a PvE server. Even if I can't attack them they're still the enemy faction, I'm not supposed to be nice to them.

As to your question I'd have no idea what to do. I'll probably follow the lore and not steal from them since they're not actually my enemy even if I can attack them.

J-Rzez

cuevas said:
TThe first time I ran into iron forge as a warlock I saw a guy in full tier 2 armor and my goal was to get that armor.

First off, Warlocks almost always have the best looking tier sets, secondly, now you can just get random non-set armor drops to look like the glorious tier sets! You can look like a Priest, Lock, AND mage!

All classes in World of Warcraft have unique armor sets designed specifically for their own usage. Armor sets obtained through raiding are designated by tier.

So, I guess that means just stats then?

ALSO...

God DAMN the new PVP 2H looks hot on my DK. It's up there with the Top 5 models of all time, easily. The new 2H mace looks fun too, whacking people with that big ol thing would be gratifying. :lol

Twig said:
That wasn't an insult, to be fair! :D

I never claimed to be innocent. But he was being a jerk to me and I had already tried to discuss Tol Barad and why I like it more than once. Didn't feel the need to get into it a third time with someone who refuses to even bother reading my posts. \:
Hell, I don't care, I just like necroing old responses in here. There are so many daily arguments that we're sure to be on the wrong side of one here and there.

Twig said:
I dunno. My issue is not with things being HARD. My issue is with them being LITERALLY IMPOSSIBLE.

I will never, ever get an armored nether drake because they were exclusively rewarded to top tier arena participants. I will never, ever get a zul'amani war bear because they were removed from the game after WOTLK hit and it was made "too easy" (though, for some reason, not that I am complaining at all! they decided it was okay to leave in WOTLK's challenge-associated mounts).

It's stuff like that I don't like. I wouldn't even mind if they decided to make the frostwyrm, for example, a rare drop instead of leaving it as a reward for cheesemints, because at least then I'd still have a chance SOME DAY of getting it. I mean, I'd still be a LITTLE bitter, because frankly I don't have the time to get these things done when I'm "supposed to" thanks to school (grad school, now, which is even worse!). But significantly less bitter!

Also: the poopsocker comment was a joke holy shit stop being so hypersensitive please.

I see things completely the opposite of you. I earned Champion of the Naaru on my warlock and if I ever played him I would wear the title, I didn't even have my paladin rolled when they took it out of the game. If I could still get that title I would not even try to get it because there would be no satisfaction. I missed my guild getting the Iron-bound drakes because I was moving to school the day we were doing Saronite and crazy cat lady. I decided to stop playing because I didn't have the time and didn't raid in WOTLK again. I only need to do two things to get my mount but what's the point? If i ever do get it done I probably would just use my rusted still because that's what I earned. IMO they should just take those drakes out.

Coeliacus

My Snowy Gryphon flys at 310% speed, same as everything else. Who gives a damn about drakes or dragons or wasting time trying to get other mounts?

Zanken said:
My Snowy Gryphon flys at 310% speed, same as everything else. Who gives a damn about drakes or dragons or wasting time trying to get other mounts?
"Because I don't care, why would anyone care?" This (and the inverse) is precisely why there is bickering in this thread.

Ferrio said:
I can agree with this. One of the few new drakes that isn't an eye sore is the Drake of the West, but much of the others are pretty ugly. I can agree with you on the size thing too. The bigger the mount, the harder it is to interact with quest givers, gather herbs, mine nodes, and to just view the surroundings in general. I use the headless horseman's mount and nothing else. It flies, is useable in areas where flying is not allowed, and takes up a minimal portion of the screen. I may never use any other mount again.. that is until they make the flying camel mount!!!

I haven't participated much in the the whole armor dye discussion, but I can see why people would want it. It's all customizeability. I can remember dyes being used in Dark Age of Camelot and it in no way shape or form hurt the pvp side of the game. And maybe it's not a game-breaker for a lot of people, but I'm sure at least half of the wow population would enjoy it if it existed in wow, if not more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom