• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twig

Banned
Einbroch said:
They're from another server. Even if they weren't, who fucking cares what they think? I just laugh it off. You can leave the group and get another in two seconds because you're a tank.
I'm less worried about them yelling at me and more worried about sucking in general. Besides that, I don't really enjoy PUGs... too much srs bsns, not enough fun. Occasionally I run into cool people, but it's rare.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Ozruk needs someone to explain the fight to everyone else in clear understandable terms.

During my first stonecore run we wiped like 3 times on it. The tank told the healer to dispel as much as possible... until he started dispelling my reflected dots (smh). I skimmed wowwiki during my last death, told everyone to shut up, then briefed the party on fight. Got him down easy on the fourth try.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Is there an addon to read wowwiki from inside the game?

Jtwo said:
Is there an addon to read wowwiki from inside the game?

Not that I know of, but if you launch World of Warcraft from inside Steam, you can activate the Steam overlay with Shift-Tab and keep a web-browser open to it in there.

(Also, Wowpedia's probably a better overall source than Wowwiki nowadays.)

C.Dark.DN

Banned
charlequin said:
Not that I know of, but if you launch World of Warcraft from inside Steam, you can activate the Steam overlay with Shift-Tab and keep a web-browser open to it in there.

(Also, Wowpedia's probably a better overall source than Wowwiki nowadays.)
You can also choose fullscreen windowmode. When you alt tab your browser pops up over the game and your windows tool bar pops up. You could drag it down. But, anytime you click the game the browser will go away.

I never heard of having it in steam tho. Seems like the browser freezes some. Does it go away when you click the game?

Haly

I use fullscreen windowed. Make alt tabbing easy.

Alex

My friend has a gathering alt (started off as 80, now halfway thru 81 due to gathering exp), herbalism. He's trying to make darkmoon cards so he's been in Uldum a lot.

Today, he got three angry tells from people he kept beating to herbs. Literally fuming individuals, (all Paladins, for the sake of comedy) telling him to go level and to fuck off and stop taking level 85 herbs.

He was a little distressed but after he capped the messages for me, I had to reassure him that it was in fact; comedy gold. These were REALLY angry messages. :lol One Paladin, I went to check up on, was wearing like six or seven pieces of agility mail. God help us all.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
J-Rzez said:
In your official wow forums style posting, red-misted rage for someone insulting Blizzard, you missed what I was discussing, which was the recycling of iconic class tier armor sets as non-set epics, as I expanded on from the dye issue. There is NO defense for it, as people want their class to be special and stand out, "that's a geared out _____ right there", let alone make each character individual to user taste. Can it be really that expensive, that time consuming, that man-power needed to design one generic armor set per proficiency so they don't shit on classes tier sets? No, and if any company CAN address this via resources, I'm sure Blizzard can afford to in various ways.

Lazy, on the cheap, whatever you want to call it, that's what it feels like when the leader of MMOs can't address an issue that is in many cases paramont to those who love to play MMOs. Dance studio is a guilty pleasure of mine, but the dilution of classes and individuality is something that bothers many more people, as expressed here.
Suggesting that posts criticizing you as being "official wow forums style posting" was old and lame the first time you did it, much less the fiftieth. Don't use that as your primary response unless you are intentionally trying to look like a tool.

The problem I'm having here is that every problem with the game in your eyes is based on the developer not caring enough about the things you think are important, but in reality you're just intentionally ignoring the far more plausible scenario where you're heavily biased towards how you play the game and don't bother to look at the bigger picture. It's the very definition of nitpicking.

I think what you're missing here is that 95% of the game's community doesn't give a shit about any of the things you hate about the game, which is why calling the developer lazy or even worse, incompetent, simply strains any semblance of logic.

glaurung

So, running half-way through Vash last night I hit 85 on my main. Spent my JP on new shoulders.

And to be honest, now I have lost the motivation to keep playing. My general equipment level is still very low, barely scratching 300. Running instances has been fun, though the massive amount of adds at the end of Stonecore seems to be the Achilles' heel of most groups.

Narag

Alex said:
My friend has a gathering alt (started off as 80, now halfway thru 81 due to gathering exp), herbalism. He's trying to make darkmoon cards so he's been in Uldum a lot.

Today, he got three angry tells from people he kept beating to herbs. Literally fuming individuals, (all Paladins, for the sake of comedy) telling him to go level and to fuck off and stop taking level 85 herbs.

He was a little distressed but after he capped the messages for me, I had to reassure him that it was in fact; comedy gold. These were REALLY angry messages. :lol One Paladin, I went to check up on, was wearing like six or seven pieces of agility mail. God help us all.

That's funny. Never ran into that myself even taking a level 76 druid to mine in Twilight Highlands. Did have some laughs with people when I informed them a node was still open after I aggroed something from a mile away thought!

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Narag said:
That's funny. Never ran into that myself even taking a level 76 druid to mine in Twilight Highlands. Did have some laughs with people when I informed them a node was still open after I aggroed something from a mile away thought!
I like when a guy watches you go to the node, aggro the mob and then rushes in to grab it and says, "what did you expect" when you say, "wow, what a dick" in /s

No, I suppose I didn't expect a random player to not be a dick.

mcrae

glaurung said:
So, running half-way through Vash last night I hit 85 on my main. Spent my JP on new shoulders.

And to be honest, now I have lost the motivation to keep playing. My general equipment level is still very low, barely scratching 300. Running instances has been fun, though the massive amount of adds at the end of Stonecore seems to be the Achilles' heel of most groups.

how is that possible.. personally my ilvl was at like 325 when i hit 85, and i know that some people were actually above the ilvl requirement for heroics the second they dinged. you can buy a piece for every slot from the AH for 50 gold each that will get you to 315 at least

Angry Grimace

mcrae said:
how is that possible.. personally my ilvl was at like 325 when i hit 85, and i know that some people were actually above the ilvl requirement for heroics the second they dinged. you can buy a piece for every slot from the AH for 50 gold each that will get you to 315 at least
Because you can level without questing. i.e. I got to 84 and halfway to 85 doing nothing but Arch.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Alex said:

I /lol at the people who try to get the node I'm standing at after 4 time.s They try to start mining after I'm already there for a while.

DeathNote said:
I /lol at the people who try to get the node I'm standing at after 4 time.s They try to start mining after I'm already there for a while.
I love my tauren pally herbalist, I can arrive at nodes that were being gathered already yet still get them and I can get to nodes faster with crusader aura and 310 mount.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
It's the rush mentality. I've only got another 24 days left on my 30 day recurring subscription! By heavens, you took away a respawning gathering node before I did! I shall spend the next 30 seconds ridiculing you to make myself feel better, instead of logging off and gathering late at night when everyone else is asleep and not caring.

cuevas said:
I love my tauren pally herbalist, I can arrive at nodes that were being gathered already yet still get them and I can get to nodes faster with crusader aura and 310 mount.
My Tauren Druid could farm faster and more than you, and that's without 310!

hamchan

Angry Grimace said:
I like when a guy watches you go to the node, aggro the mob and then rushes in to grab it and says, "what did you expect" when you say, "wow, what a dick" in /s

No, I suppose I didn't expect a random player to not be a dick.

If it's someone on the opposite faction I'll very gladly steal their node. I'm on a PvE server so they can't do anything! Mwahaha.

Someone on my faction I'll let them have it.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Speaking of gathering, I know Tauren are faster at herbalism and Worgen are faster at skinning; which race is the fastest at mining?

Dresden

speedpop said:
Speaking of gathering, I know Tauren are faster at herbalism and Worgen are faster at skinning; which race is the fastest at mining?
None iirc. I figured dwarves would get it, but they got faster surveying instead.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
cuevas said:
If the faster gathering time let's you steal someone gathering it more slowly, you're scum.

speedpop said:
It's the rush mentality. I've only got another 24 days left on my 30 day recurring subscription! By heavens, you took away a respawning gathering node before I did! I shall spend the next 30 seconds ridiculing you to make myself feel better, instead of logging off and gathering late at night when everyone else is asleep and not caring.

My Tauren Druid could farm faster and more than you, and that's without 310!
Im not sure that's accurate, I might make up for that 1.x(haste)Second cast of my mount by going so much faster than you.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
8s2zB.jpg

Oh yeah, didn't realize Spirit Beasts had gotten so OP.

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
DeathNote said:
If the faster gathering time let's you steal someone gathering it more slowly, you're scum.
i've done it several times. i don't see why it makes me scum though. you might say they got there "first" so they're more entitled to it, but the only real "first" that matters is the one who loots it first. i have as much right to that herb as anyone else with herbalism. if i get within proximity to gather AFTER someone else, but my faster gathering speed lets me loot it first that's all that matters. why does getting in proximity to gather give anyone more right to it?

it's not stealing until they actually possess the item.

and besides, it happens so rarely it's hardly a major concern. i can honestly say it has probably only happened 3-5 times the entire time i've played my 85 tauren druid.

hamchan

Scrow said:
i've done it several times. i don't see why it makes me scum though. you might say they got there "first" so they're more entitled to it, but the only real "first" that matters is the one who loots it first. i have as much right to that herb as anyone else with herbalism. if i get within proximity to gather AFTER someone else, but my faster gathering speed lets me loot it first that's all that matters. why does getting in proximity to gather give anyone more right to it?

and besides, it happens so rarely it's hardly a major concern. i can honestly say it has probably only happened 3-5 times the entire time i've played my 85 tauren druid.

Well I can agree with this, if you loot it first it's yours. The only time I consider it stealing is when you see someone fighting a mob right next to the node and then take it without asking them if they wanted it. That's kinda scummy.

Got a lot done over the holiday break (I wish expansions always came out at this time of year) and I am pretty much at the point I only need to log in for raids, dailies, and any goofing off I want to do. At this point heroics are pretty much a joke for our main guild groups and Saturday night we drunkenly plowed through a bunch for a good seven or eight hours.

Raid wise we cleared Baradin Hold over the weekend for the first time, but Magmaw is still giving us trouble due to a few undergeared people (which has already improved a good bit) and our guild having a horrible class mix (fine on healers, a few extra tanks, but way too much melee DPS). On Sunday we got him to the point where we were able to pin him down twice before wiping a while after.

I am however worried that some guild drama is in our future with the core raiders feeling like they do not mesh well with the rest of the guild. Our guild is a mix of people who grouped up from another website and as such we have a mix of casual and hardcore. The problem is the raiders have zero representation in the leadership, the guild leader is rarely on and just finally hit 85, and despite being the ones who have been grinding out guild achievements and due to our playtime putting a lot more cash into the guild bank we are being given zero access to the cash in there. The guild leader actually reduced the maximum guild repair cap down from 10G to something like 1G because "greedy 85s should be able to pay for their own repairs." Never mind the fact that there is really no need for non-raiders to need guild bank cash.

I think things really got bad last night when the raiders decided to do ICC25 on an off night for fun, achievements, and to work on my Shadowmourne questline. We actually had a full raid of mostly 85s, but were still wiping on a few fights because people who never raid joined in, refused to get on voicecomms, and did not have DBM installed. At this point I do not think anyone wants to drag people who are not committed through stuff like that again and it is going to lead to a lot of hurt feelings and the impression that some people are being "elitist".

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Scrow said:

So when you see someone opening the door to get the last milk and you run up and grab it it's ok?

Sorry, you can be a douche bag scum in real life and in a game.

Arguing that they didn't put her hand on it or pay for it is stupid as hell.

It's antisocial shit behavior.

No, I'm not an herb so I'm not mad about this first hand.

Twig

Banned
hamchan said:
Well I can agree with this, if you loot it first it's yours. The only time I consider it stealing is when you see someone fighting a mob right next to the node and then take it without asking them if they wanted it. That's kinda scummy.
Why is it okay to do it to the enemy faction, but not your own? That's kinda scummy/hypocritical. Especially on a PvE server where they can't do anything about it besides get on an alt and yell at you - the most desirable reaction. :3

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
DeathNote said:
you can be a douche bag scum in real life and in a game.
of course, but it's silly to make direct comparisons between a scenario in a game and a scenario in real life. the social etiquette is different. so many subtleties are lost between the two and the comparison is ultimately flawed.

DeathNote said:
It's antisocial shit behavior.
i don't see it that way. i think i'm a friendly and considerate player overall. i do random acts of kindness, give free shit to guildies, and just generally act like a carebear. i rarely, if ever, grief/gank. but i'm not going to cheat myself out of something for someone i don't know, don't care for or they're alliance.

hamchan

Twig said:
Why is it okay to do it to the enemy faction, but not your own? That's kinda scummy/hypocritical. Especially on a PvE server where they can't do anything about it besides get on an alt and yell at you - the most desirable reaction. :3

Because they're the enemy? Not really hypocritical to screw over your enemies.

You guys will truly argue about anything :lol

After running some instances with Arms I have a new respect for melee DPS. My god. You guys go through some shit and a good performance isn't even auto-win on the meters.

I'm really loving leveling all these classes--so much added perspective!

J-Rzez

Twig said:
I don't want to add fuel to the fire (haha, imagine me, saying that with a straight face), but to be fair, the "wow-forums" comment is insulting in the way you've been using it.

Is that the dragon or the big stone guy? I forget.

Neither one has ever offered me any trouble, barring bugs when the stone guy would suddenly inexplicably summon extra mobs from literally nowhere. Though that only happened in normal. D:

Calling for bans and repeatedly calling people morons for their opinions without retort is what it is, and I didn't start it, but whatever we're over that. Its all good.

3rd boss is the stone guy with the 1 shot mechanics, always a good time prior to nerf lol.

Grimace, did you attack everyone bitching about the dragon scream at the loading screen, when I said it has zero influence in game, so I don't think is was a big deal to rage about? I forget, but at least I complain about things that in some way relate to the in game experience. And I think being an individual and character customization is important to more ppl than thought.

Won

SnakeswithLasers said:
After running some instances with Arms I have a new respect for melee DPS. My god. You guys go through some shit and a good performance isn't even auto-win on the meters.

That's part of the fun!

DeathNote said:
You can also choose fullscreen windowmode.

Yeah, that's how I run it, but that limits you to running at the same res as your desktop so I assumed anyone asking about this probably already wasn't using that feature for a reason.

Finally done all instances on heroic. Stonecore wasn't as hard as I thought it was going to be. Killed mister shatter 2nd try (would have been first if I hadn't of been running towards the ranged during shatter)

Ramirez

Dance In My Blood said:
[IMGhttp://i.imgur.com/8s2zB.jpg[/IMG]

Oh yeah, didn't realize Spirit Beasts had gotten so OP.

What do you mean? I was rather disappointed at Loque's DPS compared to the T-Rex from Ungoro....

Also, I only have like 7 more achievements to get in heroics before I get my drake. :)

Flib

Ramirez said:
What do you mean? I was rather disappointed at Loque's DPS compared to the T-Rex from Ungoro....

Also, I only have like 7 more achievements to get in heroics before I get my drake. :)

Yeah, I'm at like 8. Surprised how easy most of them were to get. Only have like two ones I'm worried about left.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Havent touched any end game content yet. Right now I'm leveling through Northrend with my Lvl 72 Worgen DK, and loving it.

I quit WoW way back in Vanilla, so Outlands and Northrend are all new to me. The quest gear in BC and Wrath are really night and day comparisons to each other. My gear in Northrend is far better looking, has far better stats, and I don't look like Liberace, walking around in 6 different clashing colors.

I'm really looking forward to hitting 80 and going through the new content. That's going to be a real blast.

Halycon said:
I use fullscreen windowed. Make alt tabbing easy.

I'm going to have to do this. I can't alt tab out if something is wrong in full screen.

MrPing1000 said:
Finally done all instances on heroic. Stonecore wasn't as hard as I thought it was going to be. Killed mister shatter 2nd try (would have been first if I hadn't of been running towards the ranged during shatter)
I've never done Ozruk in Heroic, but in normal I'm never able to get far enough away to miss shatter--is there a trick?

SnakeswithLasers said:
I've never done Ozruk in Heroic, but in normal I'm never able to get far enough away to miss shatter--is there a trick?

You run as soon as you see him casting it. That's the trick. If you can't get out in time you should probably expect to die a lot in the heroic version.

SnakeswithLasers said:

I'm really loving leveling all these classes--so much added perspective!

I'm in the same way, been playing my rogue which recently hit 80. I've only tanked, healed and done range DPS and melee seems the most involved. If only because mobs constantly move and I usually spazz out and not notice I'm now out of melee range or standing in the fire :lol

Got bored of Combat (been since level 1) so I tried Sub and Assassination. Sub was kinda fun. Premed-> Ambush--> Evis -- > (usually dead).
Assassination is more fun, it's fun to stealth around mob camps taking out what you need and leaving.
DPS kinda sucked in Wrath instances since I didn't have a spammable AoE until Fan of Knives.

Definitely fun stuff, I might drop one of Skinning/LW and level Engineering on him.

Twig

Banned
hamchan said:
Because they're the enemy? Not really hypocritical to screw over your enemies.
But they're still people behind the characters and they still got there first and on a PvE server they're not really your enemy. If you can't attack them at will, then it doesn't count for shit.

If you could attack your own faction, would you then steal? Even if they weren't technically the "enemy", lore-wise?

For the record, I steal any and all ore I can get, no matter who tries to take it, so I don't give a fuck about douchebaggery. I need it, too. Screw you guys!

Haly

I guess you can heroic leap away? Or ask a priest to pull you.

Then again I'm not too confident whenever I group with priests. They need a buff.

Azwethinkweiz said:
You run as soon as you see him casting it. That's the trick. If you can't get out in time you should probably expect to die a lot in the heroic version.
That's really weird. I have DBM installed, and the moment the shatter warning comes up, I'm running out at full speed--but every time I was getting clipped by it. Guess I'll just need to practice it more.

Ferrio

Banned
Halycon said:
I guess you can heroic leap away? Or ask a priest to pull you.

Then again I'm not too confident whenever I group with priests. They need a buff.

Heroic Leap, AKA ghetto blink. I'd be happy if they removed all damage from that thing and decreased it's cooldown. The freaking damage is pitiful, and the only use for it is mobility.

Haly

I hope you're strafing?

Is Heroic Leap targeted? I only know its TBC incarnation.

Haly

I actually always wanted Blink to be targeted so you could get around obstacles.

Ferrio

Banned
Halycon said:
I actually always wanted Blink to be targeted so you could get around obstacles.

I haven't done much testing with obstacles, but leap loves to give the "No path available" error. Gotta make sure what your leaping on is one surface, and you can't really jump inclined surfaces etc. It does negate all falling damage though, so if you're quick you can take 0 damage from any fall.

Rapstah

Ferrio said:
I haven't done much testing with obstacles, but leap loves to give the "No path available" error. Gotta make sure what your leaping on is one surface, and you can't really jump inclined surfaces etc. It does negate all falling damage though, so if you're quick you can take 0 damage from any fall.
I don't understand how the game logics around that. If there's one point when there's "no path available", wouldn't that be when you're falling?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom