• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
SnakeswithLasers said:
"Because I don't care, why would anyone care?" This (and the inverse) is precisely why there is bickering in this thread.
Is he being serious or being a parody of some of the people in here?

Ferrio

Banned
Snowy Gryphon is by far the best looking.. maybe the white hippogryph. I feel unique using the gryphon cause EVERYONE ELSE IS RIDING DRAGONS, it might as well be rare.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Ferrio said:
Snowy Gryphon is by far the best looking.. maybe the white hippogryph. I feel unique using the gryphon cause EVERYONE ELSE IS RIDING DRAGONS, it might as well be rare.
Every time I log into my abandoned Alliance character I love how white it is. Horde's taxi mounts blow.

I still like the netherdrake from BC, never bothered to grind the rep though. Tried starting to two weeks ago then said screw it, not worth the time, flight form is good enough for me.

Alex

Mr Pockets said:
I love my flying carpet for my Mage....feels right ;)

My HH mount is bugged or I would ride that as well. (Only goes 280)

That should be fixed as of a couple weeks ago.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Ferrio said:
Magic Carpet. My guild, G kicked me one day for when I wouldn't stop singing Steppenwolf.

Yes, It's a mage too.

Twig

Banned
cuevas said:
I see things completely the opposite of you. I earned Champion of the Naaru on my warlock and if I ever played him I would wear the title, I didn't even have my paladin rolled when they took it out of the game. If I could still get that title I would not even try to get it because there would be no satisfaction. I missed my guild getting the Iron-bound drakes because I was moving to school the day we were doing Saronite and crazy cat lady. I decided to stop playing because I didn't have the time and didn't raid in WOTLK again. I only need to do two things to get my mount but what's the point? If i ever do get it done I probably would just use my rusted still because that's what I earned. IMO they should just take those drakes out.
I understand your position, but...

Frankly, my dear, I just don't give a damn. Mounts and pets increase my enjoyment of the game exponentially. Make that shit unattainable to me and it makes the experience worse for me. I don't don't give a fuck about status symbols. I don't care if having a title means I DID IT WHEN IT WAS STILL COOL. I just like having it because it's something fun to have. Period. That is it. There is nothing more to it. I am not jealous of your skills or whatever. I am only jealous of the fact that you have the mount and I don't because Blizzard deemed you worthy and decided I was some undeserving heathen.

I'm not in this game to roleplay. I'm in this game to smash face with my mace and to collect cool vanity items.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Seeing everyone talking about gear and customization has made me wonder about some generic sets. Any cool ones to go after at level 50 or 60? Or should I just wait and worry about it when I hit 70?

Coeliacus

SnakeswithLasers said:
"Because I don't care, why would anyone care?" This (and the inverse) is precisely why there is bickering in this thread.
Fair call, I probably didn't need to word it like that. I'm still fairly new to this whole 'collect everything' mentality. Achievement points came in briefly before I quit BC.

DeathNote said:
Is he being serious or being a parody of some of the people in here?
Is it too late to turn my question nonchalantly make it sound like I was trying to be ironic? :lol
I'm just more than a little baffled by the idea that somebody feels like they aren't getting their monthly fees worth if they can't ride a different colour of dragon. I understood it when people complained that 40 man Naxx was not accessible.

I'm I the only one that sticks with the first mount they get?

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Zanken said:
Fair call, I probably didn't need to word it like that. I'm still fairly new to this whole 'collect everything' mentality. Achievement points came in briefly before I quit BC.

Is it too late to turn my question nonchalantly make it sound like I was trying to be ironic? :lol
I'm just more than a little baffled by the idea that somebody feels like they aren't getting their monthly fees worth if they can't ride a different colour of dragon. I understood it when people complained that 40 man Naxx was not accessible.

I'm I the only one that sticks with the first mount they get?
Not seeing why people would want more than 1 mount is just as crazy as obsessing over every single one in game.

A lot are easy to get and diversity is good. It's simple concept. Not everyone likes the same thing.

The more mounts the better. More of a chance to gravitate to even better ones and more diversity.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Only because you can ninja herbs in it.

So troll.

Haly

Only because the dragons in WoW are ugly with their beards and their pineapple tails and silly ass animations where they shake their head the the rider jiggles left and right.

Twig said:
I am only jealous of the fact that you have the mount and I don't because Blizzard deemed you worthy and decided I was some undeserving heathen.

They deemed competent players with time worthy of getting some stuff and those unlucky enough to not fit that don't. Get over it. You are an unskilled player who has a sense of self-entitlement. You think it's unfair that you can't get everything you want.

Twig said:
I'm not in this game to roleplay.
Twig said:
I'm in this game to collect cool vanity items.

:lol :lol :lol :lol

Haly

It's also pretty lolsome on PvP servers. Uncampable baby!

kai3345

Banned
So afte rplaying off and on for about a year and a half, I finally got my first character to 70 :D

Still 2 expansions behind but whatever, I feel accomplished

Rokam

Hooray for them fixing Guardian of Ancient Kings. Had a 55k Templar's Verdict crit, plus it added about 2-3k dps on short fights.

mcrae

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2McAS5wTK3Y.

so im trying this, as a demonology warlock. i send in voidwalker to attack the elite, then run around shadowflame and hellfire the adds. then the voidwalker is about to die so i soulfire and summon succusbus, then seduce the elite. it works, and i dont even have to pop metamorphosis

but i wanted to ask you guys if there are any other awesome places for skinners? possibly lower-tier leather but where the packs are absolutely packed tight?

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Twig said:
to collect cool vanity items.
Hell yeah.

I remember when I got recommended to the best guild on our server(They had 2 world firsts if I recall, and always first on our server). I asked em what their policy was on mini pets and what would be the chances of me getting a gnome. It ended right there.

mcrae

shintoki said:
Hell yeah.

I remember when I got recommended to the best guild on our server(They had 2 world firsts if I recall, and always first on our server). I asked em what their policy was on mini pets and what would be the chances of me getting a gnome. It ended right there.

i dont understand this at all. you were making a joke and they didnt like it? what?

Azwethinkweiz said:
Quick question, what's the going rate on Chaos Orbs if you're crafting something for someone?

1k-2k, depending on server population.

Also, considering switching guilds (Same server at the moment though, not prepared to transfer, considering I have 3 85s here with max professions and a quickly leveling mage.)

First shot at BWD tonight went meh, got Magmaw to 50% once. But if we don't down anything in the main raids (read: not Baradin Hold) within 2-3 weeks, I'm probably out. A few too many overly casual people in the guild.

When a healer DCed after a few attempts (said internet was kind of shoddy for a bit, then disappeared.), I asked 2-3 people in the guild to raid and they said that they didn't want to or feel like raiding that night. I don't know if I can stand being in a guild where people don't want to raid, especially when they're needed.

I ended up finding a good PUG hunter and had a boomkin switch to heals (I do have a talent for finding good people), though we called it after trash started to respawn.

Twig

Banned
cuevas said:
They deemed competent players with time worthy of getting some stuff and those unlucky enough to not fit that don't. Get over it. You are an unskilled player who has a sense of self-entitlement. You think it's unfair that you can't get everything you want.

:lol :lol :lol :lol
And so, after actually having a decent conversation, you go back to being a prick.

Nice to know I can count on you to be consistent! I now know better than to actually treat you like a human being.

mcrae

Twig said:
And so, after actually having a decent conversation, you go back to being a prick.

Nice to know I can count on you to be consistent! I now know better than to actually treat you like a human being.

you know better than to treat him as a human being? rofl sensitive much. seriously i dont understand why so many people on gaf are so overly dramatic.

and in regards to it being impossible for you to get the mount awarded to top players in arena... i am dumbfounded that you think that the top tier 'poopsockers' dont deserve something that the other 98% of population isnt allowed to get. winners deserve prizes. it is called motivation.

if you're too much of a casual to edge your way into that top 2%, too fucking bad, its your own fault and that content isnt designed for you.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Twig said:

You're either overly sensitive or a magnificent troll.

Twig

Banned
mcrae said:
you know better than to treat him as a human being? rofl sensitive much. seriously i dont understand why so many people on gaf are so overly dramatic.

and in regards to it being impossible for you to get the mount awarded to top players in arena... i am dumbfounded that you think that the top tier 'poopsockers' dont deserve something that the other 98% of population isnt allowed to get. winners deserve prizes. it is called motivation.

if you're too much of a casual to edge your way into that top 2%, too fucking bad, its your own fault and that content isnt designed for you.
It is true that I don't even remotely give a fuck about what people do or do not deserve. I don't play this game as a competition or to be the best. Why should I be forced to? I already thoroughly explained my opinion in a perfectly reasonable manner, so I am dumbfounded that you still don't understand my position. You're just bitter that I have a dissenting opinion, I guess.

Welcome To WoW-GAF
Angry Grimace said:
You're either overly sensitive or a magnificent troll.
Hehe.

No45

So I ran into the little hut with the space goat quest giver (Naladu) in the far west of Hellfire Peninsula last night and immediately right-clicked on him to hand in the quest.

Took me a while before I realised there was a PvP-enabled human rogue standing in front of him and that I was now hitting him with my sword. :lol

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Twig said:
I understand your position, but...

Frankly, my dear, I just don't give a damn. Mounts and pets increase my enjoyment of the game exponentially. Make that shit unattainable to me and it makes the experience worse for me. I don't don't give a fuck about status symbols. I don't care if having a title means I DID IT WHEN IT WAS STILL COOL. I just like having it because it's something fun to have. Period. That is it. There is nothing more to it. I am not jealous of your skills or whatever. I am only jealous of the fact that you have the mount and I don't because Blizzard deemed you worthy and decided I was some undeserving heathen.

I'm not in this game to roleplay. I'm in this game to smash face with my mace and to collect cool vanity items.

EQ2 has a server where you can legally buy a character who's done/has everything. Maybe Blizzard will cash in on this next since they're already selling pets and mounts? You can hope.

Twig

Banned
xelios said:
EQ2 has a server where you can legally buy a character who's done/has everything. Maybe Blizzard will cash in on this next since they're already selling pets and mounts? You can hope.
Well that sounds boring. Why would I want that? DERP DERP DERP learn to read.

BEST PLACE TO FARM JEEVES SOLO GO GO GO WHERE IS IT

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Twig said:
Well that sounds boring. Why would I want that?

You seem to want a game where anything/everything is available to everyone at all times, so I suggested it.

Do Feats of Strength bother you too?

Twig

Banned
xelios said:
You seem to want a game where anything/everything is available to everyone at all times.
Nothing I said even remotely implies that. At least cuevas actually read my posts (after a fashion)!

And no, feats of strength do not bother me.

As I said, in my posts, which you didn't read: I don't give a shit about status symbols.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
HarryDemeanor said:
I'm completely bored in WoW now. I have no idea what to do.
This is you isn't it?
IV99G.jpg

mcrae

Twig said:
Nothing I said even remotely implies that. At least cuevas actually read my posts (after a fashion)!

And no, feats of strength do not bother me.

As I said, in my posts, which you didn't read: I don't give a shit about status symbols.

Twig said:
I dunno. My issue is not with things being HARD. My issue is with them being LITERALLY IMPOSSIBLE.

I will never, ever get an armored nether drake because they were exclusively rewarded to top tier arena participants. I will never, ever get a zul'amani war bear because they were removed from the game after WOTLK hit and it was made "too easy" (though, for some reason, not that I am complaining at all! they decided it was okay to leave in WOTLK's challenge-associated mounts).

It's stuff like that I don't like. I wouldn't even mind if they decided to make the frostwyrm, for example, a rare drop instead of leaving it as a reward for cheesemints, because at least then I'd still have a chance SOME DAY of getting it. I mean, I'd still be a LITTLE bitter, because frankly I don't have the time to get these things done when I'm "supposed to" thanks to school (grad school, now, which is even worse!). But significantly less bitter!

Also: the poopsocker comment was a joke holy shit stop being so hypersensitive please.

lol hypocrite

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
No45 said:
So I ran into the little hut with the space goat quest giver (Naladu) in the far west of Hellfire Peninsula last night and immediately right-clicked on him to hand in the quest.

Took me a while before I realised there was a PvP-enabled human rogue standing in front of him and that I was now hitting him with my sword. :lol
:lol Havent heard of that in a long time. i used to do that lots in Elwynn Forest with my level 1 rogue twink.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom