• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
scoobs said:
I dont really understand the death strike nerf... weird.

Considering almost all of the changes to Blood besides DS were buffs, I'm okay with it.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
i really miss my Deathstrike build from when Wrath launched. Like 4 or 5 DS in a row with heals that could crit. Remember going to solo AQ20 for the first time. Was fun.

zlatko

Banned
I haven't played in about 2 weeks since I hit 71. Logged in tonight thinking I could get a dungeon in before something I want to watch is on, then saw the 22 minute wait. :/ Left myself inside an inn so when I do get the urge I'll hopefully cruise through some levels faster.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
My buddy and I hit 75 today, and I'm curious where we should be heading when we hit 80. I have the level flowchart, but the zones aren't named.

Which zones are available at 80?

cdyhybrid

thetrin said:
My buddy and I hit 75 today, and I'm curious where we should be heading when we hit 80. I have the level flowchart, but the zones aren't named.

Which zones are available at 80?

Vashj'ir and Mount Hyjal.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
"Archaeology fragments now have a hard cap of 200 per race. Players will not be able to collect additional fragments until they complete artifacts to take them down below 200 fragments. "

What does this mean? You can farm one race? Or they will pop the same way just won't allow you to gather?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I'm trying to figure out if that means that, once you reach the cap no more dig sites of that race will show up, or just that you won't be able to interact with the fragments. Probably the latter.

Basically no stockpiling fragments (for whatever reason). Gotta solve it with what you have if you want more.

I see Blizzard really has their priorities sorted out.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Halycon said:
I'm trying to figure out if that means that, once you reach the cap no more dig sites of that race will show up, or just that you won't be able to interact with the fragments. Probably the latter.

Basically no stockpiling fragments (for whatever reason). Gotta solve it with what you have if you want more.

I see Blizzard really has their priorities sorted out.
I assure you it will not do that. I assure you it will say that you can't carry any more and force you to solve them. There is no purpose at all in doing this other than making it even more of a fucking pain in the ass to get the bullshit epics that you will never get anyways. They didn't like that people just stocked Troll relics to try and proc Zin'rokh, despite the fact that it made the grind to 450 take insanely long and NEVER WORKED BECAUSE ZIN'ROKH IS STUPID RARE.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
SnakeswithLasers said:
I'm specced arms...
...good for you?

I don't understand your what you're getting at; you almost never have enough rage to prioritize Heroic Strike as Arms.

KJTB

Personally I'm kind of glad that they're not letting us use bloodlust in arena... I think that It's kind of unfair for teams to not have such an amazing ability that benefits your entire team when some teams get it. It's a pretty big game changer...

I run with a mage in 3's too, I just think that it's a little too powerful for arena.

Dipindots said:
Personally I'm kind of glad that they're not letting us use bloodlust in arena... I think that It's kind of unfair for teams to not have such an amazing ability that benefits your entire team when some teams get it. It's a pretty big game changer...

I run with a mage in 3's too, I just think that it's a little too powerful for arena.

Mages were fine before it and will continue to be.

My concern is that shamans aren't exactly on top of the world right now even with heroism. Surely this will only make things more difficult.

I don't really care, i've been trying without it and still doing fine (im enhance) but i will be interested to see what happens to the number of ele/enh shamans in arena (and how well they do).

Macattk15

Angry Grimace said:
...good for you?

I don't understand your what you're getting at; you almost never have enough rage to prioritize Heroic Strike as Arms.

Exactly. You still don't use Slam as Arms. It's not worth it ... maybe it will be now, but currently it is unused (in both PvE and PvP Arms).

Guild killed Maloriak last night. That makes us 5/12. We are doing the twins next who are supposedly pretty easy so we should be 6/12 by the end of this raid lockout period.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Are PVE frost mages supposed to be this good in PVP?

I was in a Tol Barad match yesterday, and right after it ended, some goblin enh shaman went after me while i was casting a teleport. I was a bit confused and not ready for the first secs, yet i still managed to kill him before i my health even got very low. Then a blood elf dk came right after this and i still managed to kill him with little efforts and still had plenty of health and mana left. And im not wearing a single piece of PVP gear.

Or maybe i just came across 2 shitty players who were also in PVE gear? /shrug who knows... All i know is that i pissed off a lot of Hordes in Tol Barad yesterday. :lol

But i sure enjoy being a frost mage in both PVE & PVP. Im a killing machine in both. :D The only annoying part in PVE is when i get a early Deep Freeze 60-70k crit on a boss before the tank got enough aggro. But eh.. that's what Mirror Images are for.

Macattk15

Yes. Frost Mages are ridiculous. Who needs resilience when you can control people so well!!!!

If you had PvP gear on, you'd be even more unstoppable.

And as far as I know, PvE Frost still doesn't match up to PvE Fire or PvE Arcane, but is much closer than it used to be.

We had our usual main tank Piercing Howl kite the adds on Maloriak (5 years later, his Razorgore skills are useful again). It made the fight really easy.

Rapstah

Although Ring of Frost is castable by all mages, it's slightly better for Frost ones. And Ring of Frost is pretty darn good for most add-based boss fights at the moment.

Bisnic

Macattk15 said:
Yes. Frost Mages are ridiculous. Who needs resilience when you can control people so well!!!!

If you had PvP gear on, you'd be even more unstoppable.

And as far as I know, PvE Frost still doesn't match up to PvE Fire or PvE Arcane, but is much closer than it used to be.

Really? I did a heroic Lost City run yesterday with my guild. One of the DPS was an Arcane mage with better gear than me, i was Frost. I end up doing much more damage than him overall in the end. Especially on moving fights like the first and last boss. The difference was huge here. The only time he beated me on Recount was against some trash pulls and that was mostly due to bad luck with procs for me.

I think a lot of people still underestimate frost mages in PVE. I guess i can understand since they sucked for the past 6 years.

Gotta love being able to solo the Problim quest in Tol Barad, even if freeze and chill effects dont work against him. :D Mirror Images + Water Elemental + 14-15k DPS = Dead Problim in a matter of seconds and the only thing that get hit are my images & elemental, which i can just resummon if i feel like it. :lol

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
DeathNote said:
"Archaeology fragments now have a hard cap of 200 per race. Players will not be able to collect additional fragments until they complete artifacts to take them down below 200 fragments. "

What does this mean? You can farm one race? Or they will pop the same way just won't allow you to gather?
People would avoid leveling up, collect a billion fragments and collect all their shards before leveling up to where the extra Dwarf areas opened up in Eastern Kingdoms.

This leaves you with a bunch of Troll fragments at 450 for Zin'Rokh.

thetrin said:
Considering almost all of the changes to Blood besides DS were buffs, I'm okay with it.

The buffs were to damage and threat, which was not our problem. Our problem was survivability and they made it worse.

traveler

Not Wario
They are making Arch HARDER to benefit from? It's already the worst profession in the game by a mile in timesink terms. Why would they make it worse?

Macattk15

Bisnic said:
Really? I did a heroic Lost City run yesterday with my guild. One of the DPS was an Arcane mage with better gear than me, i was Frost. I end up doing much more damage than him overall in the end. Especially on moving fights like the first and last boss. The difference was huge here. The only time he beated me on Recount was against some trash pulls and that was mostly due to bad luck with procs for me.

I think a lot of people still underestimate frost mages in PVE. I guess i can understand since they sucked for the past 6 years.

Gotta love being able to solo the Problim quest in Tol Barad, even if freeze and chill effects dont work against him. :D Mirror Images + Water Elemental + 14-15k DPS = Dead Problim in a matter of seconds and the only thing that get hit are my images & elemental, which i can just resummon if i feel like it. :lol

Have you raided at all as Frost with equal geared Mages of other specs? One of our mages was raiding as Frost and did fine for a bit, but as the fight progressed the Fire mage just pulled further and further ahead.

newchartdpsbyspec.jpg

There is a reason you don't see Frost on there ... just as you don't see Arms on there.

Dance In My Blood said:
People would avoid leveling up, collect a billion fragments and collect all their shards before leveling up to where the extra Dwarf areas opened up in Eastern Kingdoms.

This leaves you with a bunch of Troll fragments at 450 for Zin'Rokh.

I saved up 900+ fragments for when I hit 450. No Zin'Rokh. I made an Excel SS that I have been keeping up to date on my journey to Zin'Rokh. 2979 fragments later.

No Zin'Rokh.

Fuck Archaeology.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Macattk15 said:
I saved up 900+ fragments for when I hit 450. No Zin'Rokh. I made an Excel SS that I have been keeping up to date on my journey to Zin'Rokh. 2979 fragments later.

No Zin'Rokh.

Fuck Archaeology.
Yeah. I'm in a similar position. I hate it but if I stop now this shit will win.

Won

I think the Arch change has more to do with the endless amount of Fossil stuff that everyone has, but no one needs. Sooner or later Blizzard sure wants to add new "content" to Arch and they don't want everyone log in and solve 300 projects right away. :lol

Of course it would be cool if that means Fossil sites don't appear anymore. Would be a decent fix to Arch without having to redesign anything.

Haly

The bar color indicates that it's the DK's frost spec I think.
Won said:
I think the Arch change has more to do with the endless amount of Fossil stuff that everyone has, but no one needs. Sooner or later Blizzard sure wants to add new "content" to Arch and they don't want everyone log in and solve 300 projects right away. :lol

Of course it would be cool if that means Fossil sites don't appear anymore. Would be a decent fix to Arch without having to redesign anything.
This is very clever rationale I did not even consider this.

Makes sense then, even if it seems kind of dickish.

Macattk15

Flib said:
Isn't frost right there between fire and assassination rogue?

Sure. Frost DK.

Silly mans!

Dance In My Blood said:
Yeah. I'm in a similar position. I hate it but if I stop now this shit will win.

Yep. I'm too far in now. I can't stop at 3000 fragments (93 artifacts).

Bisnic

Macattk15 said:
Have you raided at all as Frost with equal geared Mages of other specs? One of our mages was raiding as Frost and did fine for a bit, but as the fight progressed the Fire mage just pulled further and further ahead.

newchartdpsbyspec.jpg

There is a reason you don't see Frost on there ... just as you don't see Arms on there.

Im not talking exclusively about raids when i talk about frost mages. And im just talking from my own experience where my DPS was pretty high and i was never outdps by a huge margin like your chart. And that chart is from what? Many runs from the same people, all equally geared & skilled, that tried every single specs with their best glyphs and talents? I think its too early to believe such a chart can be 100% accurate. The game has only been out for a month. Then again, im not a hardcore raider who was ready to raid on week #1 and that bought ever 359 epics and rare gems available on the AH.

And does your frost mage think about using Frostfire Orb everytime its up for plenty of Fingers of Frost procs? Of using his pet Freeze(if he even have the talent, which is pretty good)? Of using Frostfire Bolt only when both Brain Freeze & Fingers of Frost is up? Of using Deep Freeze everytime its available? That crit is more useful than haste? PVE frost mage is pretty new for most people who were used to Arcane and Fire in WOTLK, so that's why im asking.

Haly

You're all neck deep in the rabbit hole and you just keep digging further.

Macattk15

Bisnic said:
Im not talking exclusively about raids when i talk about frost mages. And im just talking from my own experience where my DPS was pretty high and i was never outdps by a huge margin like your chart. And that chart is from what? Many runs from the same people, all equally geared & skilled, that tried every single specs with their best glyphs and talents? I think its too early to believe such a chart can be 100% accurate. The game has only been out for a month. Then again, im not a hardcore raider who was ready to raid on week #1 and that bought ever 359 epics and rare gems available on the AH.

And does your frost mage think about using Frostfire Orb everytime its up for plenty of Fingers of Frost procs? Of using his pet Freeze(if he even have the talent, which is pretty good)? Of using Frostfire Bolt only when both Brain Freeze & Fingers of Frost is up? Of using Deep Freeze everytime its available? That crit is more useful than haste? PVE frost mage is pretty new for most people who were used to Arcane and Fire in WOTLK, so that's why im asking.

Read the chart. It's a compilation of all the classes median damage across all the 25 man encounter bosses. I'd have to say the chart is decently accurate. Whether the numbers are exact or not ... who knows .... but from my personal experience .... it HAS been SV Hunters at the top ... with strong representations by Warlocks and Rogues (we don't have any Spriests).

I'm not saying don't play PvE Frost. If that is what you like, then its your choice to play it. As for the particular abilities that the mage .. I have no idea ... he's not retarded so I'm sure he used Frostfire Orb whenever.

I'm not saying you can't outdamage people as Frost. Hell I can outdamage people as Arms. At high levels of play (which you may or may not be interested in) Fire is the highest spec for DPS as taken from the Top 20 Fire Mages damage parses across the 25 man fights.

Have you tried PvE Fire in a raid or 5 man?

J-Rzez

Ring of Frost nearly is probably the most powerful CC in the game as far as Arena's go. Then can literally funnel people to them, or cut people off from them while they Evocate/Eat and Drink. In RoL map, they throw it down in the middle of the map on that casket and force people to not LoS.

How does Guild rep work? I had been earning a ton of it on my main in a smaller guild - but on my alt, where I only run dungeons for exp, I am earning next to nothing in a different larger guild.

I want to be Honored by the time my alt guild reaches level 10 so I can purchase heirlooms.

Is this because Guild rep is only awarded for questing and not dungeons, or is it because Guild rep is capped somehow and all of the members in this larger guild are having a hard time earning it?

The Lamonster said:
How does Guild rep work? I had been earning a ton of it on my main in a smaller guild - but on my alt, where I only run dungeons for exp, I am earning next to nothing in a different larger guild.

I want to be Honored by the time my alt guild reaches level 10 so I can purchase heirlooms.

Is this because Guild rep is only awarded for questing and not dungeons, or is it because Guild rep is capped somehow and all of the members in this larger guild are having a hard time earning it?

If you do dungeons by yourself, no. If you do guild dungeon runs, you get rep.

Oh glory days, DPS meta gems are finally being fixed. New requirement is 3 red gems, and they're adding in some more

New meta gems have been added: Agile Shadowspirit Diamond (Agility/3% critical damage), Reverberating Shadowspirit Diamond (Strength/3% critical damage), and Burning Shadowspirit Diamond (Intellect/3% critical damage). These new recipes are unbound and can drop from any Cataclysm creature. The new meta gems have a requirement of 3 red gems equipped.

They will be expensive as hell though.

Bisnic

Macattk15 said:
Read the chart. It's a compilation of all the classes median damage across all the 25 man encounter bosses. I'd have to say the chart is decently accurate. Whether the numbers are exact or not ... who knows .... but from my personal experience .... it HAS been SV Hunters at the top ... with strong representations by Warlocks and Rogues (we don't have any Spriests).

I'm not saying don't play PvE Frost. If that is what you like, then its your choice to play it. As for the particular abilities that the mage .. I have no idea ... he's not retarded so I'm sure he used Frostfire Orb whenever.

I'm not saying you can't outdamage people as Frost. Hell I can outdamage people as Arms. At high levels of play (which you may or may not be interested in) Fire is the highest spec for DPS as taken from the Top 20 Fire Mages damage parses across the 25 man fights.

Have you tried PvE Fire in a raid or 5 man?

I tried Fire a little when the new talents came. I just dont like having to monitor dots to optimize my DPS. I can do big numbers with Frost too, lots of powerful instant spells for fights with movements(not as good as casting Scorch while moving whenever you like i know, but still great), and i have better survability with Ice Barrier and a ranged Frost Nova, which im sure the healer and tank appreciate when there is a lot of damage going on or when a mob is heading to the casters. Im perfectly fine with Frost, even if Fire is better, the difference isnt as ridiculous as before to be a nuisance to the rest of the group.

I havent done any Cata raids yet, but i just find it hard to believe that i can go from high DPS in heroics, to shitty DPS in raids according to that chart. I already do 12-14k DPS in heroics with only 2 epics, a green wand, and the rest of my gear being half 333, half 346 with a bunch of green gems, hell my pants still have no sockets for gems... If i cant do over 16k DPS in a 10 man/25 man raid with better gear and rare gems later, there is something wrong.

Acidote

I got the zinrokh project right after reaching 450 archaeology :lol

Getting ring of the boy emperor was a pain in the ass though. Also, my brother got the scepter project 5 minutes after he got to 525 :lol

Angry Grimace said:
...good for you?

You were responding directly to me saying, "Wow, they weren't kidding about making Heroic Strike just a rage dump. Guess Slam is as crucial as it was predicted" by saying "Slam isn't good for fury."

My response was that my warrior is arms--hence why I was commenting. I wasn't quoting anyone or responding to anyone, just putting up an opinion about the changes.

As arms, when rend is on the target and your 3 main attacks are on CD (MS, OP, CS), there is a discussion in the arms community as to whether slam or HS should be priority. People advocated both ways--with the changes to HS, it looks like Slam is going to be without a doubt the choice--which is what I was commenting on.

Why everything has to be dick waving, one-upmanship, or dismissive sarcasm I just don't understand. Worst community thread on GAF.

Haly

TurtleSnatcher said:
Not feral druids starting next patch :\
Oh come on you guys are already virtually immune to snares. You can even shift between feral forms now.

Rapstah

They should really have gone back and revised crafting professions 0-450. No multiple-point projects means I have to stop every ten levels and horribly grind thousands of mobs to get the materials to get to where I "should" be to match it with my skinning - and then the gear I can make when I've "caught up" is fucking awful compared to even the most basic quest rewards.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
funkmastergeneral said:
They will be expensive as hell though.
don't know how much the designs will go for, but the base gem is still the same as it is currently (shadowspirit diamond). no reason aside from demand for these to be way more than the current BIS (chaotic for mages). And honestly... +x INT is obviously more desirable than +54 Crit, but most probably aren't going to pay 2-3x the current chaotic price when the mat(s) are exactly the same.

Bisnic said:
I havent done any Cata raids yet, but i just find it hard to believe that i can go from high DPS in heroics, to shitty DPS in raids according to that chart. I already do 12-14k DPS in heroics with only 2 epics, a green wand, and the rest of my gear being half 333, half 346 with a bunch of green gems, hell my pants still have no sockets for gems... If i cant do over 16k DPS in a 10 man/25 man raid with better gear and rare gems later, there is something wrong.
but what is 12-14K? certainly not sustained in heroics...

as fire, my sustained raid DPS is currently around 12-14K. Compared to in heroics where my SUSTAINED dps is around 9-10K. Now my bursty damage in heroics can push me up to around 14-15K, especially if I get a good string of crits. But being honest with myself, my real heroic dps is around that 9-10K. fwiw, I am all 346 with three 359, all blue gemmed and BIS enchants, except for the god damn 318 wand because out of my 6 deadmines runs, I've seen every piece of caster loot drop from vanessa and not a god damn wand from cookie.................

moojito

Aye, I gave up on herbing and mining on my goblin mage since I was levelling up far too quickly. I'd constantly have to go back to the previous zone to get them caught up.

As far as the metas go, if they're a relatively rare drop then the lucky few will be gouging hard at the start, while they can. I remember I got into the meta thing very late and was still selling them for ~700g each.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
moojito said:
Aye, I gave up on herbing and mining on my goblin mage since I was levelling up far too quickly. I'd constantly have to go back to the previous zone to get them caught up.

As far as the metas go, if they're a relatively rare drop then the lucky few will be gouging hard at the start, while they can. I remember I got into the meta thing very late and was still selling them for ~700g each.
they already said the designs will be non-binding world drops. my guess is the only gouging might happen the first week tops. After that week they won't cost much more than the other shadowspirit designs (recognizing the greater demand, but knowing that people will just opt out for their second best stat instead of paying double or triple)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom