• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

J-Rzez

DeathNote said:
Just got it. I read it can be the mouse pad if it isn't completely flat or something.

Mine isn't but it's acting like my Logitech that went bad.

What's a good DPI setting?

If it's acting like your Logitech then it could be dust/grit in the small crevasses that'll throw it off even. Usually, I buy a new pad every two years or when I buy a new mouse, whichever comes first. The lasers these days are ultra sensitive.

DPI is your call to what you're comfortable with. Mine's at 5600 right now.

Macattk15 said:
Ugh 20% nerf to Heroic Strike.

We weren't even high in PvE damage as it is. Did they nerf any of the higher classes (SV Hunters, Warlocks, Unholy DKs etc.) down to lower levels? I mean I saw nerfs but I don't exactly know how its going to effect the damage output on single target bosses.

The other night on Argaloth 25 ... Heroic Strike was my 2nd most damaging ability behind Melee :(

Yes Unholy unfortunately got wacked, 10% str bonus knocked down to 5%. Probably a little too stiff, but I guess we'll wait and see since they're "semi" buffing ScS.

The Blood changes though are uncalled for. This is why I gave up tanking on my DK because it never had a solid run. Every patch it got buffed, or was nerfed to the ground, then buffed, then nerfed. I couldn't be a reliable tank I felt for the guild.

Some pretty solid priest changes, especially for PVP and Disc. Holy Concentration nerf was expected, but the PoM glyph looks very nice.

SUPARSTARX

Alliance now has the best combination of PVP racials overall. Hands down.

Glad I stuck out with my priest, these buffs were in dire need before people continue dropping them.

D

Deleted member 20415

Unconfirmed Member
The Lamonster said:
I'm loving the buffs to my two character classes (Arcane, Marksmanship)!

I'm straight fucking jazzed about all the buffs to hunters.

J-Rzez

IBF breaks stuns now apparently, but that still doesn't address slows. Necrotic strike is affected by resi now, as expected.

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
So after a 50 minute queue, I finally get into an in-progress dungeon. The tank is AFK and then suddenly drops group, then consequentially everyone else drops group, and now I'm forced to wait another 50 minutes. I wish there was some sort of "queue insurance" where if the group breaks up before even entering combat you get put back in at the front of the line.

sykoex said:
So after a 50 minute queue, I finally get into an in-progress dungeon. The tank is AFK and then suddenly drops group, then consequentially everyone else drops group, and now I'm forced to wait another 50 minutes. I wish there was some sort of "queue insurance" where if the group breaks up before even entering combat you get put back in at the front of the line.

I feel bad for a friend of mine, every time he joins a random dungeon he's swamped with idiots. Just last night he ran into a DK wearing int gear who was insulting his tanking abilities.

Devolution said:
I feel bad for a friend of mine, every time he joins a random dungeon he's swamped with idiots. Just last night he ran into a DK wearing int gear who was insulting his tanking abilities.

Int makes your ghoul smarter.

Macattk15

As a Warrior. I've been able to Charge and Intercept since fucking WotLK. Why the FUCK are they changing it now with a nerf to Juggernaut.

Then they take HS away from War Academy and add Raging Blow. Why the hell not add Bloodthirst? You put MS on it (Arms staple attack) why can't Bloodthirst (Furys staple attack) on it instead of an ability I have limited control on when I can use it.

If they are going to nerf Juggernaut they better get someone to fucking work on Heroic Leap.

I will never, ever kill a Frost Mage in PvP again.

Evlar

Banned
Just looked at the patch notes...

Thank God they reverted Pain Suppression to be indispellable. I presume this means it can't be spell-stolen, either.

"Desperate Prayer now heals the priest for 30% of their total health, up from a very subpar value." No kidding!

All of the Priest Glyph changes are very welcome (with the exception of Psychic Horror, but I won't complain... Shadow Priest interrupt and crowd control is still more than adequate).

I haven't played as Holy for more than 30 minutes since the patch, but that increase in Chakra duration has to be a huge relief.

And, like every other PvPer in the game, I'm glad to see feral bleed damage nerfed moderately.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
J-Rzez said:
If it's acting like your Logitech then it could be dust/grit in the small crevasses that'll throw it off even. Usually, I buy a new pad every two years or when I buy a new mouse, whichever comes first. The lasers these days are ultra sensitive.

DPI is your call to what you're comfortable with. Mine's at 5600 right now.

Yes Unholy unfortunately got wacked, 10% str bonus knocked down to 5%. Probably a little too stiff, but I guess we'll wait and see since they're "semi" buffing ScS.

The Blood changes though are uncalled for. This is why I gave up tanking on my DK because it never had a solid run. Every patch it got buffed, or was nerfed to the ground, then buffed, then nerfed. I couldn't be a reliable tank I felt for the guild.
Well also consider that the Unholy mastery was basically useless, and is transforming into one that doesn't completely suck.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Macattk15 said:
Ugh 20% nerf to Heroic Strike.

We weren't even high in PvE damage as it is. Did they nerf any of the higher classes (SV Hunters, Warlocks, Unholy DKs etc.) down to lower levels? I mean I saw nerfs but I don't exactly know how its going to effect the damage output on single target bosses.

The other night on Argaloth 25 ... Heroic Strike was my 2nd most damaging ability behind Melee :(

Zarhym said:
I'm going to channel Ghostcrawler here...

We nerfed Heroic Strike because it was doing too much damage. It is intended to be a rage dump, not the button you are most excited about pushing. We think the Incite talent is fun and interesting, so we chose to remove Heroic Strike from the more passive Warbringer instead. We’re fine with nerfing Arms PvP burst as a consequence, and Protection warrior single target dps was a little high compared to paladin and death knight tanks (Feral druids were also nerfed). We think Fury dps is about right or perhaps slightly low on live, so we don’t intend to lower their damage overall. Please keep in mind that the final list of class changes will likely be far longer than this. We don’t put up PTR builds when everything is finished – we put them up so we can test some things we are working on.
Doesn't sound like they are intending to lower Fury DPS overall.

SnakeswithLasers said:
Wow, they weren't kidding about making Heroic Strike just a rage dump. Guess Slam is as crucial as it was predicted.
Perhaps, but Slam isn't really any good for Fury.

Angry Grimace

Something else that is funny; they buffed MotFW presumably to try and get you to stop DPSing in Unholy Pres. as 2H Frost. This is apparently because they thought that DKs were in UP to maximize RP; but in reality it's because you just RP cap and are GCD locked, so they made it even MORE important to be in UP :lol

moojito

The change to crusader strike means that the hands down best pally tank weapon (for threat, at least) is....

cookiestenderizer.jpg

This badass motherfucking rolling pin! Awwwww yeah :D

Ferrio

Banned
moojito said:
The change to crusader strike means that the hands down best pally tank weapon (for threat, at least) is....

cookiestenderizer.jpg

This badass motherfucking rolling pin! Awwwww yeah :D

As a warrior it's what I wield. Also the weapon in HoO has the exact same stats.

Twig

Banned
I guess Tol Barad changes hands every server reset? That's kind of cool. What's even cooler is we always take it back before the day's out. :D

moojito

Ferrio said:
As a warrior it's what I wield. Also the weapon in HoO has the exact same stats.

The important difference would be the 2.8 speed vs 2.6 meaning higher top end damage and all that.

In unrelated news, I just bought a vial of the sands for 55k off the auction house. I feel some buyer's remorse, as it doesn't look all that nice. Still, getting some use out of all that gold I made in the first week from blacksmithing!

KJTB

Thanks for giving us DK's our mobility buff, death strike buff, and unholy mastery change... OH WAIT.

Oh, a nerf to lichborn healing, awesome!

C.Dark.DN

Banned
moojito said:
The important difference would be the 2.8 speed vs 2.6 meaning higher top end damage and all that.

In unrelated news, I just bought a vial of the sands for 55k off the auction house. I feel some buyer's remorse, as it doesn't look all that nice. Still, getting some use out of all that gold I made in the first week from blacksmithing!
I thought it'd be giant. But it's the same size as the other drakes that aren't really impressive. Don't plan on buying it unless I have a surplus.

I think I like the color of Reins of the Volcanic Stone Drake better actually.

So, i'd be paying that much for the 2 player gimmick, which could be fun in world pvp, but i'm on PVE for the time being.

Twig

Banned
DeathNote said:
Don't see that anywhere.
Me neither, actually, but that's what I've been told... and the alliance on my server ALWAYS have it in the morning, but then lose it before the evening. So... I don't really know, heh.

Magnus

Help me...understand, this? :lol

# Glyph of Mind Flay no longer requires Shadow Word: Pain to be on the target.

I mean, what does that mean, it'll do +10% all the time?

borghe said:
pretty sure this is intentional on blizzard's part... not sure about auto-run flying, but you absolutely will drop connection if the game has to load (hearth/AR) and you are alt-tab'ed out.

better solution to alt-tab fullscreen is windowed fullscreen. Considering with LCDs most people these days run WoW at desktop/native resolution anyway, it's just better IMHO to run the game at windowed fullscreen. Not sure if you can do this in an SLI setup and still do SLI, but that doesn't matter much anyway as WoW's DX11 mode doesn't support SLI anyway.

pretty sure the game doesn't drop you in windowed fullscreen if you are tabbed out in another app.

edit - damn it.. beaten. :p

yeah, I've never heard of disconnects with auto-run. but yes, you absolutely will DC if you are alt-tabbed out and hit a loading screen. Learned this the hard way as a mage. "Oooh.. teleport to UC real quick" Alt-tab out, come back in: Login screen. hmm.. "Gotta teleport to Org to check auctions" Alt-tab out, come back in: Login screen... "ok, wtf???"

If so, it's to wean us from the Wrath daily activity of AFK alt-tabbing in dalaran. :lol

Seriously, that has to be a huge grind on their log-in servers when a ton are playing.

Tamanon

Banned
Magnus said:
Help me...understand, this? :lol

# Glyph of Mind Flay no longer requires Shadow Word: Pain to be on the target.

I mean, what does that mean, it'll do +10% all the time?

Yup, they're changing those conditional +10% ones to not require the condition now. Same thing with Glyph of Wrath, since so many other classes have just straight buff ones.

Cyrillus

Dipindots said:
Thanks for giving us DK's our mobility buff, death strike buff, and unholy mastery change... OH WAIT.

Oh, a nerf to lichborn healing, awesome!

This is the main problem I have with the DK changes. Everyone knew a nerf to Howling Blast was coming, and Unholy nerfs are completely understandable. My main issue is that they failed to address any of the changes they said they wanted to make. Nerf things if you must, but I hate Blizzard's ideology of nerf first, buff later, which seems to be their prerogative. Not to mention the fact that some of these surprising changes come in before the changes everyone's been talking about for the last week makes it look like Blizzard doesn't really understand the state of the class at present.

Cyrillus said:
This is the main problem I have with the DK changes. Everyone knew a nerf to Howling Blast was coming, and Unholy nerfs are completely understandable. My main issue is that they failed to address any of the changes they said they wanted to make. Nerf things if you must, but I hate Blizzard's ideology of nerf first, buff later, which seems to be their prerogative. Not to mention the fact that some of these surprising changes come in before the changes everyone's been talking about for the last week makes it look like Blizzard doesn't really understand the state of the class at present.
Don't freak out yet, wait till it gets off the ptr.

Songbird

Prodigal Son
My Heroic Strike :( At least my shield attacks and Revenge will be as useful as ever. I'm using the latter more anyway, triggers often and hits a pair of enemies hard.

Flib

Cyrillus said:

This is also mostly just tooltip changes, not ability changes.

KJTB

Cyrillus said:

The main problem that I have with these patch notes right now is how they say they're going to do one thing and then disregard it and do another... and in the case of deathstrike BLATANTLY DO THE OPPOSITE.

While some of the things they gave us are nice, like IBF breaking stuns... when did we ask for that? When did anyone ever talk about that?

It's a fucking joke.

On a different note, I can't wait until the warrior changes take place. I've been pretty relaxed about the game and I try really hard to be chill in arena but today I just lost my shit because of warriors. It was the first time I've raged so hard about the game since burning crusade when I was going for gladiator. My 2's team is 30-8 right now, 6 of the 8 losses are to warrior teams. 3 which being today out of our 6 games... I wanted to throw my laptop out of my window :lol

But hey, MMR is still retarded so we didn't really lose points. Thanks undeserved 2320 mmr despite the fact that my DK has no arena experience prior to s9!

J-Rzez

etiolate said:
removing hero from arena jsut about kills any ele shaman arena

I haven't had any arena issues with wizard cleaves like in Wrath so far, so it looks like the removal of Bloodlust (yes, it's Bloodlust people, silly alliance) is a tad late.

Stuns weren't too bad in arena for the IBF change, it's "slows" that are more of an issue than anything so far.

Noctix

First of all I wanted to thank you guys to answer my noob questions before. Your feedback helped me a lot & after reforging and stuff I have been hearing alot less complain about the amount of damage I take. One of the things I got told was never to stand in the middle of the mob as I can't dodge or parry them from behind :( Yes I didnt knew that. But all is well now. My guild is planning to go on there first raid next friday. Whats the item level, and how much dodge, parry, block and mastery should I have before I can start doing raids.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/dathremar/zebpally/

P.S. I have a better relic dunno y I forgot to swap this one.

Dresden

Glad I bailed out on this game. Removing Bloodlust from arena? :lol Ele shaman were terrible enough already. Won't truly affect enh or resto until they nerf Purge as well.

Enjoy the TSG resurgence. Nerfing warrior mobility also has the effect of making them more dependent on paladin healers, as if the plate trio synergy wasn't strong enough with current DK damage.

Also, those priest changes aren't going to help very much. They still lack mobility and CC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom