• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.
TheYanger said:
The 'old' raids only act as 10 mans for every instance. You don't need 20-25 people for credit.

To clarify this a bit further (did a bunch this past week)
Vanilla 40 mans need 10 people for credit
TBC 25 mans need 8 people for credit
Everything else is 4/5, 8/10, 20/25. (AQ20 is a 10man max instance now)

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
I don't even know why I bother playing this game anymore. People have been taking to ganking my pet as soon as I dismount to defend myself, since it only spawns with 6K HP for 2 seconds or so.

Hunters are so fucking terrible.

Lyphen said:
I don't even know why I bother playing this game anymore. People have been taking to ganking my pet as soon as I dismount to defend myself, since it only spawns with 6K HP for 2 seconds or so.

In PVP, maybe. But we're mad meter toppers.

Sai-kun

Banned
Lyphen said:

tumblr_lefsxcQzPx1qf8yek.gif

CAW

Lyphen said:
People have been taking to ganking my pet as soon as I dismount to defend myself, since it only spawns with 6K HP for 2 seconds or so.
Seriously, what the hell is up with that? I thought it was a bug!

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
SnakeswithLasers said:
In PVP, maybe. But we're mad meter toppers.
Well, one spec is, as usual. But I've always been more interested in PvP, which is stupid of me, since hunters haven't been a good class since 1.12.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
notworksafe said:
Having invited many people from GAF to join up with my guild, I can attest to some people here just being a bit...much.

Luckily they show themselves quickly and can be removed just as quickly. :D

Do tell.

Coeliacus

Well, it's been fun. Holy priest healing (as much as people complained about it) was a joy despite (or perhaps because) I didn't get to do much raiding. Yesterday I nearly bummed out of going to a gig and instead sit on my lazy arse farming archeology while watching How I Met Your Mother. I'm so very glad I didn't.

I thought that was pretty depressing, so farewell to WoW until next expac. :D

J-Rzez

SatelliteOfLove said:
DAdditionally, GC (in one of his flights of fancy he loves so) got the idea that every one of their trees could be possible to have both tanking, pvp, and melee in each tree. SURELY this couldn't have people acquiring powerful attacks by taking points in tanking talents yet still be viable at pvp! Nawww....

Well, that's not the first time they did that anyways. Hello feral Druids.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
The Blasted Lands were so much better than Sithilus. I ran over to level as the quest chain in Blasted Lands only left me at level 57. It's just... urgh. Big and boring.

I have half a mind to just buy the expansion(s), but I think I might just put it off until they're on sale.

Alex

Zanken said:
Well, it's been fun. Holy priest healing (as much as people complained about it) was a joy despite (or perhaps because) I didn't get to do much raiding. Yesterday I nearly bummed out of going to a gig and instead sit on my lazy arse farming archeology while watching How I Met Your Mother. I'm so very glad I didn't.

I thought that was pretty depressing, so farewell to WoW until next expac. :D

Yeah, it's always best to bow out when it'd cut into your time or when you've simply had your fill. I usually bow out at the half way point, although for LK it was guild nonsense that drove me to just say fuck it.

I have a really nice guild this time with a really perfect schedule. Raiding has been a real treat, so we'll see if I can't take it through most of the content this time.

I also wish to know! There are some cool dudes on here, but I always avoid playing with GAF on the whole for reasons as such. :lol

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Random, unsorted and unstructured train of thought following hitting level 58:

I didn't realise you needed Cataclysm to fly around the Old World. That was my goal before my free month ended. I mean, it's understandable given the Cata zones, but I wish I'd bothered to check earlier.

Sithilus has left a really bad taste in my mouth, which is a shame because I was really enjoying everything that came before it. As it stands now, it might be my last experience with this game for a little bit. I'm glad I was able to have so much fun soloing it. The string of zones from the Undead starting area through the the Blasted Lands had its ups and downs, but in all it was very, very enjoyable. This has been my first MMO, so the whole thing was a bit of a learning experience.

My favourite zone would have to be the Badlands, when all is said and done, and my least favourite, my trip to Kalimdor (spelling may be wrong) and the ensuing Sithilus not withstanding, was probably the Swamp of Sorrows. Cool area, but soloing it got kind of frustrating when they threw you in the Temple in the middle of the lake of tears for a while.

In all I can't help but feel someone stole 35-40 hours out of the last month of my life, because looking back on the game, it really was one giant, manipulative treadmill in terms of difficulty and quest design (as a casual quester, at least), but that feeling of discovery it gave me as I slowly uncovered new zones or new quest chains, or, gasp, finally flew to the southern continent of the Eastern Kingdoms, was so special, I don't think a game has ever done that to me before.

I don't know how much more the same "kill X" or "collect X" style quests that await me in the expansion zones will actually be able to grab me, because with the forward momentum and sense of discovery killed by my ability to run across half a continent on the other side of the world, effectively lifting the veil and showing me where the magician keeps the bunny before he pulls it out the hat, I'm not sure how much there is left for me here, short of me joining a guild or something.

A lot of what I feel Blizzard did so damn well in the 'new' Old World, having never experienced the 'Old' Old World, was funnel me across the world in a way that managed to both introduce new things but also cleverly not show me other new things until much later. For instance, there was a while where, in my ignorance, I had no idea how each zone was filled with specifically leveled enemies and quests. I mean, had I thought about it it would have been the only logical explanation, but I never did, so that sense of wonder as I moved into new zones was really hitting me with full-force. I had no idea what was over the mountain range in the distance, hell, I had no idea that most zones were surrounded by a similar mountain ranges to wall off every area. All I had was a map, some zone names, and a quest chain leading me across the map slowly, and boy was it an experience.

I wonder, now, whether the Outlands and Northrend (and the new Cata zones, I suppose) will be able to recapture any of that. Because now that I've read up a bit on the game and have a fairly good idea of what to expect, I have a hard time believing they'll be able to. I could probably be sold on it, if someone would like to try. I feel like buying the expansions, which I would probably do in a three-pack to save money, would almost be signing the contract to invest myself a layer deeper in the game, which may end up being more rewarding, but may also affect the breadth of other games I play this year.

But yeah. I guess I'm left, having not touched any of the PvP, instances or raids (the latter two might be the same thing, for all I know), with a real appreciation for the sheer scale of a production like this. I have a new-found respect for what Blizzard and other MMO developers have to put up with, but at the same time there are still some very deliberate design decisions even in the new quest chains that make me feel very uncomfortable. Decisions made to keep you in areas for longer, spend more months playing. Kill 10 of these enemies instead of five that give you extra experience, now do it again. It just feels very... well, it's good business, but it feels sort of unethical.

tl;dr I really liked exploring the world. Don't know whether I'll continue with the expansions.

That was long and rambly and I probably repeated myself. I'm not proof-reading it, sorry.

notworksafe

Trojita said:
Alex said:
I also wish to know! There are some cool dudes on here, but I always avoid playing with GAF on the whole for reasons as such. :lol
Eh, not much to tell. There were a few obnoxious people that joined up with us that just brought the less pleasant parts of GAF with them.

Name calling, whining, generally being unhelpful or annoying. I actually only had to boot one person (not someone who posts here regularly). The other few (honestly like two people total of the 50+ people that joined) either got the hint and left or just left of their own accord.

Overall I still recommend playing with GAF peeps. We got quite a few really good additions to our guild family that I'm glad joined (Harry Demeanor, Kintaro, Aurarian, and some others who I'm forgetting right now...sorry, but I still love you :D <3).

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Rez said:
I wonder, now, whether the Outlands and Northrend (and the new Cata zones, I suppose) will be able to recapture any of that.

They won't to be honest. As someone who is currently leveling a warrior, the old world questing and design is fucking outstanding compared to the expansions but that's honestly to be expected.

Of course i've leveled up a number of characters over the years so i do have a general hatred for outlands, It was better than vanilla WoW but now it's probably one of the worst sections of the game. Some of the locations are still outstanding to look at and interesting but quest wise it's just a giant grind.

It's a shame they didn't update outlands to go along with it. It's now this strange bastard child of the experience. 1 - 58/60 is oustanding, outlands is dull, wrath isn't too bad and i haven't even stepped foot into cata yet but i'm guessing it's enjoyable for the most part.

Take a break and wait for the expansions to drop in price, if they ever will. If you try and plow through it all you start to realise that the questing setup is all the same throughout each expansion.

Right now i'm 80 and i can head into cataclysm but part of me doesn't want to. I know that there will be some great quests, humorous moments, interesting locations but the other 99% will be the same shit i just plowed through over the past month. So i'm now waiting it out a little longer before i have to go through it all again.

So, finally hit exalted with all Cata reps (and 40 exalted overrall with the last one)

Both specs of gear are full heroic. Now I can stop doing heroics. :p

Twig

Banned
Lyphen said:
Well, one spec is, as usual. But I've always been more interested in PvP, which is stupid of me, since hunters haven't been a good class since 1.12.
I rocked the casbah during TBC as a hunter. Constantly top in damage and kills in battlegrounds.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
kai3345 said:
It's like I'm talking about PvP and still, the only thing people think about is damage meters. What the fuck. :lol

Anyway sub cancelled, and I'm going to go back to SC2 and better games.

Twig said:
I rocked the casbah during TBC as a hunter. Constantly top in damage and kills in battlegrounds.
I got to 2000 in arena, but that was a chore, and Blade's Edge was pretty much a completely joke. Well, Nagrand sucked ass too, but it did for most casters anyway. TBC PvP was lame for everyone but warlocks and druids.

I'm really losing my interest in dungeons, and I'm no closer to raiding than I was ages ago. The heroics are so ridiculous it's almost impossible to get anywhere with a pug. Maybe I'm focusing on hard ones or something. Vortex Pinnacle is easy as hell but everything else I've tried ends in failure.

Just spent more than an hour wiping on the first boss in Tides. Very good group, but every try there was some fuck up that wiped us; oh someone is in the whirlwind or ohh the mage didn't cc a caster fast enough and we get chain lightning, or whatever. Really tired of this. And if there's one wipe, even if it's not a bad wipe, someone leaves. I've fucked up a few times sure (tank), but overall there just seems to be an utter lack of teamwork or dedication to defeating shit. I don't feel swamped or outmatched, even though I suck at a couple fights. I've done or tried Vortex, BRD, Tides, and HoO. Been focusing on those but outside of Vortex I can't get any significant, consistent success.

Twig

Banned
Lyphen said:
It's like I'm talking about PvP and still, the only thing people think about is damage meters. What the fuck. :lol

Anyway sub cancelled, and I'm going to go back to SC2 and better games.

I got to 2000 in arena, but that was a chore, and Blade's Edge was pretty much a completely joke. Well, Nagrand sucked ass too, but it did for most casters anyway. TBC PvP was lame for everyone but warlocks and druids.
Oh you play arena.

Hahaha.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
PhoenixDark said:
I'm really losing my interest in dungeons, and I'm no closer to raiding than I was ages ago. The heroics are so ridiculous it's almost impossible to get anywhere with a pug. Maybe I'm focusing on hard ones or something. Vortex Pinnacle is easy as hell but everything else I've tried ends in failure.

Just spent more than an hour wiping on the first boss in Tides. Very good group, but every try there was some fuck up that wiped us; oh someone is in the whirlwind or ohh the mage didn't cc a caster fast enough and we get chain lightning, or whatever. Really tired of this. And if there's one wipe, even if it's not a bad wipe, someone leaves. I've fucked up a few times sure (tank), but overall there just seems to be an utter lack of teamwork or dedication to defeating shit. I don't feel swamped or outmatched, even though I suck at a couple fights. I've done or tried Vortex, BRD, Tides, and HoO. Been focusing on those but outside of Vortex I can't get any significant, consistent success.
Its annoying. And before anyone says anything about being a Wrath player or any of that shit, how Blizzard tuned things this time around is no way like it was before WotLK. i dont recall ever having huge multiple wipes that spanned 4-5 hours on pre-raid content in Vanilla. You remember wiping to Postmaster in Strat or having to slug through hours just to get to Ras after 10-20 wipes? Neither do i. Even before the old high level vanilla dungeons had their difficulty lowered it was never about precision timing and perfect execution during boss fights. It was just the overwhelming amount of trash. In Cata heroics.. there is very little margin for error. And you know what? Its annoying as fuck.

Raids require me to be sober and alert. Now dungeons require me to be on top of my game 110% of the time.. and even then its not enough because i cant control what other people are doing or how they play? Dungeons in Cata are a failure imo. They are boring and frustrating. Maybe its different as DPS but i doubt my sub will be active by the time i get another class to 85. As a healer that doesnt have a large guild (like a couple people only.. irl friends.. and fuck you Blizzard im not giving that up for your shitty fucking corridor run garbage you call instances) its frustrating as hell.

water_wendi said:
Its annoying. And before anyone says anything about being a Wrath player or any of that shit, how Blizzard tuned things this time around is no way like it was before WotLK. i dont recall ever having huge multiple wipes that spanned 4-5 hours on pre-raid content in Vanilla. You remember wiping to Postmaster in Strat or having to slug through hours just to get to Ras after 10-20 wipes? Neither do i. Even before the old high level vanilla dungeons had their difficulty lowered it was never about precision timing and perfect execution during boss fights. It was just the overwhelming amount of trash. In Cata heroics.. there is very little margin for error. And you know what? Its annoying as fuck.

Raids require me to be sober and alert. Now dungeons require me to be on top of my game 110% of the time.. and even then its not enough because i cant control what other people are doing or how they play? Dungeons in Cata are a failure imo. They are boring and frustrating. Maybe its different as DPS but i doubt my sub will be active by the time i get another class to 85. As a healer that doesnt have a large guild (like a couple people only.. irl friends.. and fuck you Blizzard im not giving that up for your shitty fucking corridor run garbage you call instances) its frustrating as hell.

To be fair, BC dungeons were tough too, and there were plenty of bad players back then. But even then I don't remember being this frustrated. My guild basically has a couple reliable tanks, and if I can just get geared I'll be in the main raid group pretty easily. But I can't see myself getting there anytime soon with this nonsense.

Songbird

Prodigal Son
Server restart. Beep boop.

Just wrapped up the Searing Gorge storyline too, all 35 quests. Compared to some other zones I've 100-percented the chains weren't that exciting until the conclusion. Lunk's quests were funny and I got a cool trinket for doing them all aswell.

/ding 50! 120g in my pockets to spend, but I'll concentrate on advancing my mining and engineering for now, I want the flying machine!

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Twig said:
Oh you play arena.

Hahaha.
Well, in TBC I did, and yeah, it's always pretty much been a joke. Classic may not have been balanced, paladins may have been garbage except for one tree, windfury was a dumb skill, but I still had the most fun of my PvP career. Got Champion (because all I wanted was blue gear and the title :lol ), and played for hours upon hours in every bracket while leveling.

Now though, things like pet pathing in WSG flag rooms, bridges in Twin Peaks...uh, alright, maybe every BG except EoS and AB (wait no, lumber mill sucks for pets), and so many small things just get to me too easily. The class is just immobile, and when it tries to be, it fails like with Fox and jumping off a ramp and having your pet spend 7 seconds catching up to the enemy to decided to follow you down. Then there's trap launcher, which is just...hahaha. Skillshot CC that doesn't work instantly? Ha.

Hunters just aren't a good class to play considering it deep flaws like NPC pathing and the class defining deadzone.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
PhoenixDark said:
To be fair, BC dungeons were tough too, and there were plenty of bad players back then. But even then I don't remember being this frustrated. My guild basically has a couple reliable tanks, and if I can just get geared I'll be in the main raid group pretty easily. But I can't see myself getting there anytime soon with this nonsense.
Of course they were tough. Cata dungeons are just some bullshit. Not worth the hassle. You are lucky on an encounter to have enough margin of error so one mistake doesnt lead to a wipe, let alone two.

My MO for doing dungeons before was to be alert until i got the mechanics down and have played with a variety of different classes so i knew what to expect. After that it was have a couple beers or some vodka, chat with people on vent, and do dungeons. When raid nights came i made sure i was fully sober and prepared to give it my all for 5-10 hours. Raids were work but they were also fun and had a sense of accomplishment. This though? Pass.

So im leveling my priest and i have to say.. mana issues are present even at level 20. Well 20 was when i started feeling it. i have BoA chest, shoulders and staff.. staff has +22 Int enchant.. and i still run OOM after about 4-5 enemies. Its fucking ridiculous. i seriously stock up on drink with 5 stacks because i drink so fucking much. And i have to drink two of my level water just to fill up.. and its gone in like 3 minutes. It must really suck for people that dont have BoA items or access to good gear. Lately i just spam Mind Flay. i dont even bother with dots or Mind Blast any longer. i just press 1,1,1,1,1,1 dead. Beats having to drink so fucking much.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
PhoenixDark said:

IMO guilds should be having the most fun. Why aren't you grouping together and why do you need gear quick? Just progress/gear up at whatever pace the rest of the guild is.

A good guild should be working together not with a lot of people focusing on themselves and leaving their mates to PUG.

I'm leveling alts waiting for friends to catch up tho, so I can't judge them.

Twig

Banned
Yeah, pet pathing with hunters has always been screwy as hell. Hurts a lot, especially when you're beast mastery (which was THE [battlegrounds] PvP spec during TBC).

J-Rzez said:
Well, that's not the first time they did that anyways. Hello feral Druids.

That was older than his tenure as character lead, and it was less potent to mix and match talents that way DKs could early on.

IMO guilds should be having the most fun. Why aren't you grouping together and why do you need gear quick? Just progress/gear up at whatever pace the rest of the guild is.

A good guild should be working together not with a lot of people focusing on themselves and leaving their mates to PUG.

What this man said. Playing multiplayer, not playing solo in parallel.

Oh, and at release, BC 70 normals (ESPECIALLY Arc and SL) == Cata 85s and BC Heroics (mostly the midlevel ones) == Cata heroics.

J-Rzez

SatelliteOfLove said:
That was older than his tenure as character lead, and it was less potent to mix and match talents that way DKs could early on.

There was only one moment that DKs were wildly OP in PVP and that was at Wrath launch. They then got normalized, and then rendered ineffective (outside of coi/dc spam in arena). Same thing will happen here once Necrotic strike falls to resi. Besides, DKs didn't seem as OP due to Ret at Wrath.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
hamchan said:
*sigh* If everyone keeps complaining about the dungeons being too hard Blizz might nerf it.
I would prefer that they made the interface better for CC. Marking adds/checking durations is more unintuitive and cumbersome than actually difficult, making many sections needlessly hard.

mcrae

Dance In My Blood said:
I would prefer that they made the interface better for CC. Marking adds/checking durations is more unintuitive and cumbersome than actually difficult, making many sections needlessly hard.

fuck that shit. in vanilla you had to cc shit in regular dungeons all the time and there was no interface. what we have now is spoiled

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I have no idea why Blizzard decided that 70% of the dig sites in Kalimdor were Night elf(lollore?), but its pissing me off. It doesnt help that i already got the 2 rare Fossils, so now i gotta deal with 2 types of artifacts i dont give a shit just so i can hope to get a Tolvir digsite. They could have at least put some Tolvirs in Silithus, or hell, maybe that AQ overworld zone just so it could at least be of some use.

Maybe i should just give up and go to Eastern Kingdoms. At least dwarves have that epic staff for my mage and trolls have that epic 2h sword for my warrior and there is a lot of these 2 over there.

TheYanger

water_wendi said:

No offense, but the dungeons now are significantly easier than vanilla or BC were. If you think otherwise I don't know what to say. Ask me sometime I'll gladly stream a group absolutely crushing the heroics with little regard for personal safety on xfire or something. Stuff is WAY easier than anything but wrath.

Alex

Bosses in Cata are harder than BC heroics, you're remembering poorly if you think the bosses in BC had anywhere near the mechanics or personal responsibility required that Cata bosses do.

Now the dungeons are easier in Cata on the whole, but this is because BC dungeons had all kinds of awkward, tedious slog in a lot of it's heroics.

Still, like everything, all 5 mans after a couple runs and some gear are sped through a lot more comfortably for a good group, they still take CC and have interesting boss mechanics though which keeps em fun for me though.

'Cept Halls. Hate that joint.

Onto the actual subject, the heroics are still very fine as is, they don't need to be balanced around the worst players in the game, which is basically 90% of what you get in a LFD party. Just about every complaint with heroics seems to stem from bad experiences with miserable party members in LFD.

Not sure what they can do to rectify it for good players who may be forced to use it at times, you can't balance the entire game around people sucking ass.

Still, i also fault Blizzard's leveling system. It's an entirely different game than at cap, and it does very little to internally prepare players for the brick wall of challenge and preparation they need for dungeons at 85

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
TheYanger said:
No offense, but the dungeons now are significantly easier than vanilla or BC were. If you think otherwise I don't know what to say. Ask me sometime I'll gladly stream a group absolutely crushing the heroics with little regard for personal safety on xfire or something. Stuff is WAY easier than anything but wrath.
Maybe you are right and im not remembering things correctly.

edit:
Alex said:
Bosses in Cata are harder than BC heroics, you're remembering poorly if you think the bosses in BC had anywhere near the mechanics or personal responsibility required that Cata bosses do.

Now the dungeons are easier in Cata on the whole, but this is because BC dungeons had all kinds of awkward, tedious slog in a lot of it's heroics.

Still, like everything, all 5 mans after a couple runs and some gear are sped through a lot more comfortably for a good group, they still take CC and have interesting boss mechanics though which keeps em fun for me though.

'Cept Halls. Hate that joint.

Onto the actual subject, the heroics are still very fine as is, they don't need to be balanced around the worst players in the game, which is basically 90% of what you get in a LFD party.
Agreed on Shattered Halls :lol

And ill admit, my experience with Cata dungeons is based on the first couple weeks. i just saw the issues at the time and bounced the hell out :lol Taking other things into account would possibly change my mind if i tried it out again.. gear level, boss experience, etc..

LukeSmith

hamchan said:
*sigh* If everyone keeps complaining about the dungeons being too hard Blizz might nerf it.

The dungeons aren't hard, and hopefully they don't nerf it. Blizzard is just running headlong into a playerbase they've rewarded for years for being bad players.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
LukeSmith said:
The dungeons aren't hard, and hopefully they don't nerf it. Blizzard is just running headlong into a playerbase they've rewarded for years for being bad players.
Oh please.

edit: let me elaborate. ive played the game since beta and i dont like the new dungeons and feel that they are hard in the bad kind of way.. the way where success or failure is not in my hands but in the care of others. ive experienced a lot of the game some of it excruciating like the Baron Strat run or like showing up for a raid 3 hours in advance to conjure water two at a time. Some of these were annoying but more than bearable because the game was shiny and new. All these years later it takes considerably more to keep me interested and considerably less to get me worked up. So the idea that its just "shitty Wrath players" or "baddies" or whatever the fuck just irks me.

Alex

water_wendi said:
Maybe you are right and im not remembering things correctly.

edit:

Agreed on Shattered Halls :lol

And ill admit, my experience with Cata dungeons is based on the first couple weeks. i just saw the issues at the time and bounced the hell out :lol Taking other things into account would possibly change my mind if i tried it out again.. gear level, boss experience, etc..

Don't feel bad about ranting at LFD experiences, while I was guild shopping that's what I was using for a little while and there was like a 75% chance of just total messups. I duo'd exclusively with a friend and after some crafting and some extra runs, we got to a point where in a few cases we could drag by an idiot or two, but still, it was hell.

Every now and then you'd get a good group and it'd be wonderful but then next group you'd get DETHKILL1R the tank who HATES CC and Dottie the Warlock who pulls 3,500 DPS and says "LOL" every sentence.

Anyway, we got into a nice casual guild after that, and did some mild raiding, got a bit of gear, been really smooth since. Even if you've got RL friends in tow, and are playing truly casually (not lookin to raid even, etc), there's a lot of guilds now that take members just for the new guild leveling system and grouping up. Cata's done a lot of good for that kind of atmosphere, in my experience so far.

Lyphen said:
Well, in TBC I did, and yeah, it's always pretty much been a joke. Classic may not have been balanced, paladins may have been garbage except for one tree, windfury was a dumb skill, but I still had the most fun of my PvP career. Got Champion (because all I wanted was blue gear and the title :lol ), and played for hours upon hours in every bracket while leveling.

Now though, things like pet pathing in WSG flag rooms, bridges in Twin Peaks...uh, alright, maybe every BG except EoS and AB (wait no, lumber mill sucks for pets), and so many small things just get to me too easily. The class is just immobile, and when it tries to be, it fails like with Fox and jumping off a ramp and having your pet spend 7 seconds catching up to the enemy to decided to follow you down. Then there's trap launcher, which is just...hahaha. Skillshot CC that doesn't work instantly? Ha.

Hunters just aren't a good class to play considering it deep flaws like NPC pathing and the class defining deadzone.

Hunters are fucking terrible in PVP. We'll be decent in BGs due to the fact we can hide behind everyone else and just pick people off. But overall we are deeply flawed in regards to our PVP and defense mechanics. PVE, Survival is nice if not OP but there's more to WoW than single target boss fights.

Alex

Angelus Errare said:

Hunters are fucking terrible in PVP. We'll be decent in BGs due to the fact we can hide behind everyone else and just pick people off. But overall we are deeply flawed in regards to our PVP and defense mechanics. PVE, Survival is nice if not OP but there's more to WoW than single target boss fights.

Now they took everyones Heroism away in arenas because of Mages. :lol I hope Hunters and other specs of Shamans wind up with a little bit of meat in certain areas after this patch with that crutch gone, though I kind of doubt it.

I want to do rated BGs, but man it's hard to find interest for me :(

mcrae

Alex said:
Don't feel bad about ranting at LFD experiences, while I was guild shopping that's what I was using for a little while and there was like a 75% chance of just total messups. I duo'd exclusively with a friend and after some crafting and some extra runs, we got to a point where in a few cases we could drag by an idiot or two, but still, it was hell.

Every now and then you'd get a good group and it'd be wonderful but then next group you'd get DETHKILL1R the tank who HATES CC and Dottie the Warlock who pulls 3,500 DPS and says "LOL" every sentence.

Anyway, we got into a nice casual guild after that, and did some mild raiding, got a bit of gear, been really smooth since. Even if you've got RL friends in tow, and are playing truly casually (not lookin to raid even, etc), there's a lot of guilds now that take members just for the new guild leveling system and grouping up. Cata's done a lot of good for that kind of atmosphere, in my experience so far.

i was in a group earlier, i was at 6-7k, other two were at 5k, tank was at ... 1750 dps. i whispered him "hey man you need to up your dps for the later bosses we nearly wiped on this one" "dude im tank" is all i get back :(

etiolate

Banned
The dungeons aren't hard if you CC, but then thats a backwards movement in design. Yes, I'll keep harping on it until Blizz moves forward with their design philosophy. CC is not fun nor challenging. It is just added time consumption.

The other problem is the LFD system was based around WoTLK dungeon design, and now everybody bails on a dungeon easily because they don't trust other players.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom