• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
cuevas said:
Other than Cata dps should be way higher than Wrath dps. And it is. Let's just put it this way, if you are doing the same dps you were doing in the previous expansion you are doing something wrong.
I did like 11000 DPS in 251s in 10 mans and do like 9K in 329 avg. I'm not doing anything wrong, it's that I can't necessarily cap certain stats and my critical strike percentage is like 20% lower than it was in T10.

There's a reason like 6 people are telling you you're not making sense.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Rapstah said:
I meant in 187s, T7 was referring to pre-Ulduar. But I was horribly wrong anyway!
That IS what I was talking about. You could hit 2K in heroic dungeons if you had heroic gear or even crappy gear if you were a DK. DK's were pretty violently overpowered then. Consider that Howling Blast did DOUBLE damage to all targets with Frost Fever at that point, was on the Killing Machine proc, and could be obtained at the same time as Crypt Fever and Master of Ghouls.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
Flib said:
It seems to me, or this could be just my imagination (but everyone in our raid was noticing it), but usually when we missed an AA interrupt, he would immediately cast another one ~2 seconds later. If the rotation doesn't get back on track at that point, you're fucked.

Though maybe it's bugged for us?

I don't worry about Power Conversion, our mage takes care of it and it isn't an issue I even think about.
ok, I think I get what you're saying.

he casts AA non-stop if left unchecked. Your rotation is based on your interrupts' school cast prevention mechanic I'm guessing. So yes, if someone misses one he will cast AA again immediately after he finishes the previous one. When you get the interrupt off, then he will cast again as soon as that school is available for casting.

what I'm talking about is the power conversion. each damage interrupt you do adds a stack of power conversion that adds 10% haste. so yeah, mage has to stay on top of it or that 1.5 second cast time quickly drops below a 1s cast time.

Angry Grimace said:
I did like 11000 DPS in 251s in 10 mans and do like 9K in 329 avg. I'm not doing anything wrong, it's that I can't necessarily cap certain stats and my critical strike percentage is like 20% lower than it was in T10.

Are you in real 329 or do you have greens like most people with a few pieces to bump their score? I have seen people in shitty gear pulling 13k+ with raid buffs.

Flib

borghe said:
ok, I think I get what you're saying.

he casts AA non-stop if left unchecked. Your rotation is based on your interrupts' school cast prevention mechanic I'm guessing. So yes, if someone misses one he will cast AA again immediately after he finishes the previous one. When you get the interrupt off, then he will cast again as soon as that school is available for casting.

what I'm talking about is the power conversion. each damage interrupt you do adds a stack of power conversion that adds 10% haste. so yeah, mage has to stay on top of it or that 1.5 second cast time quickly drops below a 1s cast time.

Yep, I originally wasn't directly responding to your talk about the power conversion, you just listed the basic things you need to be aware of in the fight, and I was just mentioning that tanking and interrupting arcanotron (i.e. not getting off rotation) is stressful.

At least I can then do Magmaw where I don't really have to do much of anything except manage cooldowns!

keiichi

Angry Grimace said:

Don't forget ICC had that 30% (?) buff. (unless you are talking about the other 10m)

LordAlu

Bah, the LCD on my authenticator broke today :mad: Now I have to go through the whole account recovery process just to get it removed. I was really hoping to finally get enough ilvl to start heroics tonight too :(

LordAlu said:
Bah, the LCD on my authenticator broke today :mad: Now I have to go through the whole account recovery process just to get it removed. I was really hoping to finally get enough ilvl to start heroics tonight too :(

I had to do this to switch over to an Android authenticator last month. It's painless, easy and didn't take me long at all. I think I was on hold longer than the call lasted.

notworksafe

LordAlu said:
If you give the Blizzard people the serial number of the authenticator it takes like 5 minutes to get it removed.

Angry Grimace

cuevas said:
Are you in real 329 or do you have greens like most people with a few pieces to bump their score? I have seen people in shitty gear pulling 13k+ with raid buffs.
I don't get what "real 329" means and if you're suggesting people should be doing 13000 DPS with 329 gear then you're just trolling, although I suspect you're just trolling anyways.

MattPeters said:
The new Alchemy trinkets look amazing, and thank god Arch went from 5s to 3s survey!
What?

The Alchemy trinket is terrible for any class that's not a tank and Survey is a 1s cast time.

Edit: Ah, okay, you're talking about patch notes; those new ones are definetely cool and the cooldown reduction is nice. Nothing worse than taking 5y steps and continually getting green signals.

Rokam

Angry Grimace said:
I don't get what "real 329" means and if you're suggesting people should be doing 13000 DPS with 329 gear then you're just trolling, although I suspect you're just trolling anyways.

What?

The Alchemy trinket is terrible for any class that's not a tank and Survey is a 1s cast time.

PTR Patch notes. Survey cooldown is now 3 seconds. And they introduced 3 new alchemy trinkets. (Str, Int, Agi)

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Yay Ice Lance buff \o/
Yay Frostbolt buff \o/
Fuck Deep Freeze nerf D:
Fuck Frostburn nerf D:

And thank god they reduced the Survey cooldown. I still think there should be no cooldown, but eh... that's still an improvement.

Oh yeah, they reduced the required lvl for the Vrykul BOA axe. Nice, as it was completely useless at lvl 80, since it is a ilvl 226 weapon...which is shit compared to a Hyjal or Vashjir green.

Rapstah

I solo healed all the pre-Halfus trash as a disc priest today, the other healer didn't show up for our first ever Halfus tuesday. Was pretty damn easy with eccessive CC, no one understood the mechanic behind those silencing guys with the death orbs though :lol

Acidote

Ice Lance buff? :lol

They should've done with wow what they're doing with D3. Completely different damage output and effect of spells on pve and pvp.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
uggggghhh. they're taking away our +100 INT on off-hand (now +40). They're giving it back to us (and then some) with a +50 int bracer enchant AND the +54 INT shadowspirit meta.... however, that +50 int bracer is going to be EX-PEN-SIVE. 2 Maelstrom Crystals and 15xVolatile Water? That's like 2200g just to break even.

also in the dungeon post (dungeons are hard) they specifically state that you'll be able to buy epics with justice points starting 4.1. Not that anyone had a question of it. So welfare epics will be back as of 4.1

my guess is they're justifying the off-hand decrease because a) we get 54 back right away with the meta and b) out int will presumably go up once they change the shadowspirit meta requirements to red instead of blue. still, +100 int on off hand was nice. although it made using a staff completely pointless. all you had to do was run until you got a good +int one handed sword and then buy the lamp for like 900 JPs.

J-Rzez

Death's Advance (Tier 4) *New* - While your Unholy Runes are both depleted, movement-impairing effects may not reduce you below 100% of normal movement speed.

Oh man... we'll see how this holds on, as the QQ from mages is going to be in purple text. :lol

J-Rzez said:
Death's Advance (Tier 4) *New* - While your Unholy Runes are both depleted, movement-impairing effects may not reduce you below 100% of normal movement speed.

Oh man... we'll see how this holds on, as the QQ from mages is going to be in purple text. :lol
With the caveat that I don't know shit about DKs, this sounds crazy good. Can someone explain the reasoning?

Acidote said:
Ice Lance buff? :lol

They should've done with wow what they're doing with D3. Completely different damage output and effect of spells on pve and pvp.

Yeah, I kind of made a WTF face at that one. Like frost needs a buff right now. Also, concussive shot for hunters now lasting 6 seconds with a 5 second cooldown doesn't seem right either. They would be able to kite melee all day until their gap closers were off CD, at which point disengage is probably off CD as well.

Finally a fix on DKs interrupt being based off Spell Hit though. Long overdue on that one. Still a delay on the ability itself however.

Other than that:

Yay! Survey now is a 3 sec CD.

Also, new alchemy trinkets, yay! Some of those may be very competitive for BiS this tier. I'm normally a tank, but that STR one looks pretty delicious.

Flasks requiring fewer herbs but more volatile life is also a welcome change.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
CarbonatedFalcon said:
Yeah, I kind of made a WTF face at that one. Like frost needs a buff right now. Also, concussive shot for hunters now lasting 6 seconds with a 5 second cooldown doesn't seem right either. They would be able to kite melee all day until their gap closers were off CD, at which point disengage is probably off CD as well.
As a melee class with a hunter alt, I have to say that hunters really need a PvP buff, and conc shot is a joke compared to abilities like hamstring.

Dance In My Blood said:
As a melee class with a hunter alt, I have to say that hunters really need a PvP buff, and conc shot is a joke compared to abilities like hamstring.
Holy shit, I didn't see the hunter change. I might actually have a chance to open up range on someone now.

Angry Grimace

Any patch that doesn't decrease the 9138590823590823950823095 Fossil digsites is Blizzard being a lazy developer.

J-Rzez

SnakeswithLasers said:
With the caveat that I don't know shit about DKs, this sounds crazy good. Can someone explain the reasoning?

DK's were being kited like crazy this expansion thus far compared to other pvp seasons it seems. While CoI was good, it wasn't enough especially when Strang was down. Hunters as well were able to kite around DK's all of a sudden.

Dresden

SnakeswithLasers said:
They're very kitable.

But they also had the best sustained dps in pvp, by far. :lol And that's before you take the effect of necrotic strike into account, which doesn't show up on the meters. Nerf warrior mobility, buff DK mobility... they're under the radar because everyone bitches about mages.

I have no idea why I still look at the patch notes, but the purge nerf for shaman make sense, and the tremor change is a nice shift as well. It also makes Totemic Focus/Reach more important than ever. Cleansing Water change is dumb; nerf the healing, not the cooldown.

Hunters still aren't going to be very good.

Balance, Ele, and Ret are still trash.

Fucking lol at buffing ice lance damage while taking down feral damage all across the board.

Angry Grimace

No, but seriously about the Archeology sites, they either need to really cut back on Fossil sites in Kalimdor, or a) make them less out of the way, or b) not make them fucking gigantic like the ones in Un'goro and Tanaris. One of the ones in Ungoro is literally 320 yards x 480 yards.

J-Rzez said:
DK's were being kited like crazy this expansion thus far compared to other pvp seasons it seems. While CoI was good, it wasn't enough especially when Strang was down. Hunters as well were able to kite around DK's all of a sudden.
I guess I was more wondering about the "while both unholy runes are on CD" part.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Angry Grimace said:
No, but seriously about the Archeology sites, they either need to really cut back on Fossil sites in Kalimdor, or a) make them less out of the way, or b) not make them fucking gigantic like the ones in Un'goro and Tanaris. One of the ones in Ungoro is literally 320 yards x 480 yards.
My hope is that if you hit the cap it stops pulling up sites of that type.

That's probably asking for too much though.

Angry Grimace

Dance In My Blood said:
My hope is that if you hit the cap it stops pulling up sites of that type.

That's probably asking for too much though.
Nope, it simply does nothing and continues to proc those sites. For the record, I'm at 17 consecutive Kalimdor sites without popping a Tol'vir one (11 Fossil sites)

Ugh, apparently my account got hacked. The kicker is I haven't played this game in over a year- I get emails telling my my characters are being restored and then find my battle.net password has been changed.

This is why I didn't want my WoW account linked with my battle.net profile- hackers are attracted to my old WoW characters and it compromises my Starcraft 2 account security in the process.

Manus

So started levling a Warrior and I'm having so much fun with it. This will be my 4th alt, 3 of which are melee classes. I really enjoy melee classes over ranged, love being right in the action.

SquirrelNuckle said:
So started levling a Warrior and I'm having so much fun with it. This will be my 4th alt, 3 of which are melee classes. I really enjoy melee classes over ranged, love being right in the action.
Charge is my favorite ability and audio in the game. Not necessarily the best, but my favorite.

LordAlu

notworksafe said:
If you give the Blizzard people the serial number of the authenticator it takes like 5 minutes to get it removed.
It's nice how I couldn't find any mention of this on the site, although it didn't help that I couldn't log in to Battle.net in the first place since it wanted my authenticator code.

Never mind. I'll wait till the morning to see if it's been removed, and if it hasn't i'll give them a call when I get back from work.

Edit: Just got my e-mail to say the recovery process has been completed, but it's still asking for my authenticator code despite the fact the process is supposed to remove it. Guess i'll be making that phone call tomorrow :p

Ferrio

Banned
SnakeswithLasers said:
Charge is my favorite ability and audio in the game. Not necessarily the best, but my favorite.

Charge is awesome. I love charging while during a knockback, or while falling etc... it looks so silly.

Ferrio said:
Charge is awesome. I love charging while during a knockback, or while falling etc... it looks so silly.
Ya, charging while in the air after some weird boss mechanic is pretty boss. Dammit. Now I want to get back to my warrior. I hate having so many alts. But I have to get this shaman to the 70s at least before I get my warrior from 82-85. Only 9 levels to go...

Ferrio

Banned
SnakeswithLasers said:
Ya, charging while in the air after some weird boss mechanic is pretty boss. Dammit. Now I want to get back to my warrior. I hate having so many alts. But I have to get this shaman to the 70s at least before I get my warrior from 82-85. Only 9 levels to go...

Even better is heroic leaping after one. Like the guys in tides that throw you up, just leap away. Sometimes it even bugs out and shoots you upward with a slowfall effect.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
BuddhaRockstar said:
Ugh, apparently my account got hacked. The kicker is I haven't played this game in over a year- I get emails telling my my characters are being restored and then find my battle.net password has been changed.

This is why I didn't want my WoW account linked with my battle.net profile- hackers are attracted to my old WoW characters and it compromises my Starcraft 2 account security in the process.

Even if you only play Starcraft 2, there's no reason not to have an authenticator on your account.

This happened to me actually (I didn't play WoW at all at the time my account was hacked). Despite that, I added an authenticator to my account after getting everything sorted out. I was happy I did, seeing as I'm playing WoW again now.

Acidote

How can you post your account like that. You must be targeted for hacking (and thousands of spam emails) from now on :lol

Ferrio

Banned
Acidote said:
How can you post your account like that. You must be targeted for hacking (and thousands of spam emails) from now on :lol

It is in the community section of GAF, so only registered users... so least not totallly open... still not smart to do.

Ferrio said:
It is in the community section of GAF, so only registered users... so least not totallly open... still not smart to do.
Change happened about a month or two back and now "Community" is an open forum.

Unless they changed it back and I didn't notice.

PatzCU

J-Rzez said:

I saw this and started laughing because my buddy just paid ~$130 to activate and transfer a Mage on a friend's old account to our server to replace his 85 DK. However, the more I think about it, I don't think this will be too crazy. I can't think of any ranged DK abilities besides D&D that could be used to deplete Unholy runes. So this really is only going to be useful if you can blow all your unholy runes before the mage gets away. And if a DK is already stuck in a nova out of range, it will just sit there like before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom