• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tacitus_

cdyhybrid said:
So I decided to go with my Arms Warrior for now, but reading up on specs and stuff, I came across this:

Is Bladestorm still bugged?

They supposedly hotfixed it, either your info is old or the hotfix failed.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
borghe said:
yeah, it's not just frost mage. as a fire mage I still use frost nova, and then when that breaks (while running) instacast blast wave. With a buffed pool of 118K pretty sure I never dropped below 100K the whole fight. and the only time I took hits was when he transferred with one of them and I had to pick the "new" one up again.

see, this is why I don't get the nerfs.... I guess the bulk of the player base is so bad that even stuff like this is just too much to communicate and organize.

though yes, I will definitely appreciate faster-than-35m queues more than I will lament the loss of diffculty.

kresh is easy also, as long as you have a tank who can kite him through the lava and a healer who can heal through 15-20 stacks. beauty is easy as long as you can keep at one (definitely two) of the pups CC'ed. actually BRC in general is pretty easy. Corla was the biggest problem we had recently, and that was only because one of the guys taking the beam DC'ed during the first two pulls wiping us. After he rebooted his modem and could actually get out of the beam at 75 we one shotted her no problem.

Yeah Beauty wasn't hard either since we had a mage, hunter and a druid to CC all 3. Even though one of the CC broke, 1 pup and the boss is not dangerous. I had some trouble with Corla too, but mostly due to people not being fast enough to get out of the beam and back into it. One little mistake, and this boss is a wipe.

Kyoufu

I think I'm done with WoW for now. Spent a whole week doing nothing but digging and got nothing to show for it. Back to single-player games where RNG doesn't fuck me in the ass. LBP2/ME2 hurray.

Blood
Bone Shield now has 4 charges, up from 3.
If Death Strike is used while a Blood Shield is already active, the new absorb will stack with the old one instead of replacing it.
Scarlet Fever now applies via Blood Plague, rather than Blood Boil.

Holy shit, I'm going to have like 80k blood shields.

I queued up for a heroic and got into a deadmines group, I was happy when I saw the other 4 were from the same guild. Then the tank ran in, agro'd and then left the group. As I ran out another guy left the group. So I left so I could queue again and I get the 30 minute debuff, sigh.

Got into one last night and it went well but I laughed at the guild names :lol :

14wzhmu.jpg

Kyoufu said:
I think I'm done with WoW for now. Spent a whole week doing nothing but digging and got nothing to show for it. Back to single-player games where RNG doesn't fuck me in the ass. LBP2/ME2 hurray.

No one forces you to do archaeology.

Kyoufu

funkmastergeneral said:
No one forces you to do archaeology.

Zin'Rokh is the best item I could hope to obtain in the game currently. So yes, I'm forced to dig. Heroics are a waste of time and no raid in the game provides a weapon for your entire account.

Maybe I'll try again if Blizzard improves the profession.

Kyoufu said:
Zin'Rokh is the best item I could hope to obtain in the game currently. So yes, I'm forced to dig. Heroics are a waste of time and no raid in the game provides a weapon for your entire account.

Maybe I'll try again if Blizzard improves the profession.
What are your two main professions?

Dunlop

We lost our guild engineer, anyone have a clue about the costs of leveling it if I was to buy most of the mats (especially the lower lever stuff) off the AH? I'd drop herbalism but do not want to drop my alchemy.

I would have about 10k gold I could use, i know prices vary on each server but is this ballpark feasible?

Kyoufu said:
Enchanting/Alchemy.

Do you have Pally/DK/Warrior? Or is there a reason you want a 2H on all of your characters? There are a handful of better weapon you could obtain currently for just your main through raids. If you would have gotten it in the first fragment you would not be complaining about how random archaeology is.

Rapstah

Dunlop said:
We lost our guild engineer, anyone have a clue about the costs of leveling it if I was to buy most of the mats (especially the lower lever stuff) off the AH? I'd drop herbalism but do not want to drop my alchemy.

I would have about 10k gold I could use, i know prices vary on each server but is this ballpark feasible?
I don't know how it works nowadays since I guess the 450 area is easier than in WOTLK, but if it's still the same it'll cost ridicolous amounts of gold. I blew 6k on levelling it pre-Cata - farming many mats in Outland and Northrend - and although I farmed everything for Cataclysm, buying those mats would certainly have cost at least 10k on its own.

Songbird

Prodigal Son
So I've been doing some reading today about the creepier and more obscure parts of Azeroth. One really sticks out: there's a whole, unfinished system of crypts in Deadwind Pass/Karazhan? The whole area is extremely dark compared to most of the game - especially the sunken hall of Upside Down Sinners. *shudder* Anyone been down there? I really want to go myself just for kicks if I find a player to get me through the cracks. It's close to where I was leveling before and I just passed by the zone without knowing about it.

Got my Shaman to 63 last night. I had no idea how often MW would proc. I was assuming it was something that would be ready every 3 fights or so while soloing, but it's actually a lot more frequent. Unfortunately, I'm finding stuff die so fast that I'm having trouble using the procs efficiently. :lol

I'm pretty certain now that once I get my wolves I will be a stupid cooldown saver and never use them, since stuff dies so fast anyway. I hate my old school rpg "saver" mentality!

I'm pretty sure that if I didn't have to waste time looting corpses, I'd use a lot of my abilities. But I hate the feeling of wasting precious ticks while I'm bending over a corpse to pick up a few nickels. Unfortunately, I need all of those nickels to afford epic flying on all of my characters.

Ferrio

Banned
Thnikkaman said:
So I've been doing some reading today about the creepier and more obscure parts of Azeroth. One really sticks out: there's a whole, unfinished system of crypts in Deadwind Pass/Karazhan? The whole area is extremely dark compared to most of the game - especially the sunken hall of Upside Down Sinners. *shudder* Anyone been down there? I really want to go myself just for kicks if I find a player to get me through the cracks. It's close to where I was leveling before and I just passed by the zone without knowing about it.

Back in vanilla it was really cool sneaking in Hyjal and caverns of time. Wasn't much in Hyjal, except a really pitiful world tree and a road construction sign (really). Caverns looked a lot like it did when it came out, which at the time was really neat stuff and a blast to bring people. Also at one point I believe you could glitch into Old Ironforge via a graveyard res, but I never got to.

Ferrio said:
Back in vanilla it was really cool sneaking in Hyjal and caverns of time. Wasn't much in Hyjal, except a really pitiful world tree and a road construction sign (really). Caverns looked a lot like it did when it came out, which at the time was really neat stuff and a blast to bring people. Also at one point I believe you could glitch into Old Ironforge via a graveyard res, but I never got to.

Pfffft, nothing like GM island!!!

Songbird

Prodigal Son
Ferrio said:
I love it when bits and pieces from development can be seen through creative ways.

Speaking of creepy, a friend once pointed me towards the freaky children in Goldshire who form a pentagram. Also the quotes from WarCraft 3 that can be heard approaching the Undercity.

Ferrio

Banned
Also downed magmaw on 25 last night. We had to pull in like 7-8 puggers.... guild really needs to get a few more people and we're set. Hopefully we can pick up some more good players from the puggers.

Kyoufu

cuevas said:
Do you have Pally/DK/Warrior? Or is there a reason you want a 2H on all of your characters? There are a handful of better weapon you could obtain currently for just your main through raids. If you would have gotten it in the first fragment you would not be complaining about how random archaeology is.

Yeah I have a pally and warrior. Sadly I do not have a raiding guild and was looking to use the sword for PVP.

If I had gotten the sword on my first solve I wouldn't complain about it personally but I would still acknowledge that the profession is poorly designed and constructed. The amount of other fragments from other races I had to gather just to be able to dig the troll sites makes me facepalm.

Oh well, I'm done with that crap.

Bisnic

I remember being able to enter Old Ironforge one time. I did some duel with a mage inside IF while sticking near a specific wall, and after he casted sheep on me, the sheep randomly walk through the wall and there i was inside old IF.

Not sure if its still possible.

Kyoufu said:
Yeah I have a pally and warrior. Sadly I do not have a raiding guild and was looking to use the sword for PVP.

If I had gotten the sword on my first solve I wouldn't complain about it personally but I would still acknowledge that the profession is poorly designed and constructed. The amount of other fragments from other races I had to gather just to be able to dig the troll sites makes me facepalm.

Oh well, I'm done with that crap.
You can get a better pvp weapon with just a few arena matches a week. If you have 0 points right now it will take you 3 weeks to get it unless you get your arena team to a good rating.

Rapstah

Old IF is very possible nowadays, I posted about it a week ago. You can glitch through the wall above with a flying mount and some luck.

SnakeswithLasers said:
Unfortunately, I'm finding stuff die so fast that I'm having trouble using the procs efficiently. :lol

Leveling as enhancement, I situate myself at the midpoint of multiple mobs, drop totems, then pull one with Lava Burst and another immediately afterwards with a Shock, since I'm in zero danger from fighting two mobs and it's more efficient (and makes better use of MW procs) to fight them simultaneously.

Still, I'm surprised you don't get a chance to use MW. It carries over after fights and lasts 30 seconds from the last proc. You should generally be pulling someone new in less than 30 seconds. :lol

notworksafe

I used to get in to Old IF by having a mage sheep me in. You'd have to get next to that one pillar that lets your duel, then run to the crack in the wall and have the mage sheep you before the duel got cancelled from being too far away from the start point.

Glad to see all it takes now is a flying mount. Much easier that way. :D

mcrae

Dunlop said:

yes. i spent about 11k after all was said and done,about two weeks ago. i think i needed to spend 14k total, but made back about 3-4. i did it in a day.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
have to imagine engineering is only slightly worse than enchanting.. well, aside from selling enchants being possible whereas most of the best stuff on eng is unsellable (because of eng requirements). enchanting buying off the AH seems to be about 750-1000g for every 10 points right now.. sucks when I'm at 477 right now and only 500g on me... oh well, worst case scenario I should have 6 dreamcloth next week and be able to sell a pair of epic pants for 10K ish.

Twig

Banned
I honestly didn't find it that hard to level engineering, money-wise. I have no idea what it is I did different from everyone else, but there wasn't much farming to be done on my part. A little, but not much. All in all I probably spent a few thousand on AH, which isn't much these days. AND I wasn't even 450 when the expansion hit, I was like... 380-something.

Shrug.

Bisnic

Speaking of enchanthing, i dont understand what's going on in my AH

Stuff like the scroll for enchant boot that gives 50 mastery is being sold for 10g in the AH, while the actual mats are like 10 dusts and 3 essences, which is much more expensive than 10g.

Don't people want gold or what? I'm starting to wonder if i shouldnt just sell my enchanting mats instead of keeping them to make enchanting scrolls for myself if people are selling scrolls for such a low price.

Dunlop

mcrae said:
yes. i spent about 11k after all was said and done,about two weeks ago. i think i needed to spend 14k total, but made back about 3-4. i did it in a day.

thanks, I'll have some mats from guildies to help me out. I will not give up alchemy because it is awesome in every way :D so not having mining will suck ass

Sai-kun

Banned
Twig said:
I honestly didn't find it that hard to level engineering, money-wise. I have no idea what it is I did different from everyone else, but there wasn't much farming to be done on my part. A little, but not much. All in all I probably spent a few thousand on AH, which isn't much these days. AND I wasn't even 450 when the expansion hit, I was like... 380-something.

Shrug.

I spent a shit ton of money on it, but that's because I'm...

Alchemy/Engineering :lol Just the two hugest (is that a word?) moneysinks EVAR if you don't have the accompanying skill for it! Lordy. I managed to get them both up to 525 though, after spending basically all of my money.

Bisnic said:
Speaking of enchanthing, i dont understand what's going on in my AH

Stuff like the scroll for enchant boot that gives 50 mastery is being sold for 10g in the AH, while the actual mats are like 10 dusts and 3 essences, which is much more expensive than 10g.

Don't people want gold or what? I'm starting to wonder if i shouldnt just sell my enchanting mats instead of keeping them to make enchanting scrolls for myself if people are selling scrolls for such a low price.
No i think that it is probably similar on most servers. The problem is that the AH gets flooded with people trying to sell scrolls they made while leveling their enchanting. People have so many of the scrolls that their choices are either to 1) save them/put them in gbank 2) throw them away 3) sell them for utterly absurd prices

The demand for enchants is not high enough to support high pricing the supply. I have about 8-9 slots in my bags with stacks of enchant scrolls and I really dont know what to do with them. It feels wrong to toss them, but it feels worse to sell them on the AH for so low.

notworksafe said:
I used to get in to Old IF by having a mage sheep me in. You'd have to get next to that one pillar that lets your duel, then run to the crack in the wall and have the mage sheep you before the duel got cancelled from being too far away from the start point.

Glad to see all it takes now is a flying mount. Much easier that way. :D
Before Burning Crusades came out, I used to have people ask me to fear them into the old Ironforge. It took a little bit of luck, but people would get in eventually.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone have a scroll of resurrection they could send me?
The last time someone gave me one it didn't work for some reason, but looking at my bill history I think it's because I registered the free 5 days last year from the 5th anniversary.
I just came off my first month after resubbing for cata and want to try it again.

Thanks!

notworksafe

PM your battle.net email and I'll toss you one but it may not work because you normally have to be unsubscribed for 3 months before getting a scroll.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Hmmph, I hope thats not the case. I want to play right now without having to go to the bank.

Yeah, looks like you're right. :\
Thanks for the try though!

Ferrio

Banned
About raids. If you kill a boss in 25 man, are you able to set the instance to 10 man before the next reset? Wondering if you can now since 25/10 man share the same lockout.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Azwethinkweiz said:
Holy shit, I'm going to have like 80k blood shields.

What is so huge about this is you no longer have to time DS to maximize Blood Shield. Stacking FTW :D

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
Ferrio said:
About raids. If you kill a boss in 25 man, are you able to set the instance to 10 man before the next reset? Wondering if you can now since 25/10 man share the same lockout.
you can downgrade any raid, yes. So if you down a boss in 25, you can continue the instance in 10. However once you down the next boss in 10 you can't put it back up to 25. I believe you can also choose heroic and normal on the fly per boss.

We do this pretty much every week. We start the week out with whatever 25 mans we can down, and then move on to the next 2+ events in three 10 man groups for progression.

Scroll of Resurrections are not supposed to work on any account that is upgraded past Burning Crusade. If they ever do, it's a glitch and congrats. This is per Blizzard.

Kyoufu

keeblerdrow said:
Scroll of Resurrections are not supposed to work on any account that is upgraded past Burning Crusade. If they ever do, it's a glitch and congrats. This is per Blizzard.

That isn't true. They will work on any account as long as it has been inactive for 90 days or more.

notworksafe

Kyoufu said:
That isn't true. They will work on any account as long as it has been inactive for 90 days or more.
It's hard to tell. The official word on the site says BC only but I've seen them work on LK accounts (I sent one to krypt0nian and it worked). I've also seen them not work on LK accounts that have been inactive for longer than 3 months (my roommate's and a few others).

Not sure what's going on...

Twig

Banned
Is it possible to get up to Jadefang's area using the Netherstorm rocket helm and warrior heroic leap?

I haven't tried it yet because, well, I'm lazy, but I think it should theoretically be possible as long as you're quick enough. Sometimes heroic leap is weird, though, so I dunno. x:

Kyoufu

notworksafe said:
It's hard to tell. The official word on the site says BC only but I've seen them work on LK accounts (I sent one to krypt0nian and it worked). I've also seen them not work on LK accounts that have been inactive for longer than 3 months (my roommate's and a few others).

Not sure what's going on...

Hmm not sure either. I re-activated my account using a scroll just fine and also handed one out to a GAFer when Cata launched and that worked too.

Dina

I'm signing off soonish as well, I think. The guild is falling apart because 4 of the main raiders decided they want to do Rated BG's instead, leaving the rest of the 10 man raiding group hanging dry. The GL/MT is already threatening to move to the highest guild on the realm. But I'm fine with it. I don't find pvp fun, but pre-raid I've done all I could (BiS both bear and cat). I suppose it's a shame that all that gear is going to waste, but w/e. There's an internship coming in about 2 weeks which leaves me with about 2 gaming nights a week.

So I guess it's adieu once again, hopefully this time for good.

charlequin said:
Leveling as enhancement, I situate myself at the midpoint of multiple mobs, drop totems, then pull one with Lava Burst and another immediately afterwards with a Shock, since I'm in zero danger from fighting two mobs and it's more efficient (and makes better use of MW procs) to fight them simultaneously.

Still, I'm surprised you don't get a chance to use MW. It carries over after fights and lasts 30 seconds from the last proc. You should generally be pulling someone new in less than 30 seconds. :lol
I think I worded that poorly, I use them, but I feel like I'm "wasting" if I just use it for LB, as the fights usually are pretty much over as soon as they start if I'm 1v1 (searing, lava lash, earth shock, stormstrike pretty much cripples them and I feel bad "wasting" the LB on them). Doesn't help that I'm 63 and only finishing the second hub in Hellfire, so I'm outleveling everything pretty significantly. I just have RPG guilt about using a powerful spell on a mortally wounded creature when some alliance rogue may pop up at any moment to ambush and cripple me.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Jazzy Network said:
Blood plague? They're making us have to use pestilence. Great.
To AoE apply it, yes. What's the big deal there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom