• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheYanger

Angry Grimace said:
To AoE apply it, yes. What's the big deal there.

It's a nerf. Blood boil was infinitely more convenient to apply it with, you also get snap aggro with blood boil, where pestilence brings us back to the shitty old days of 'wait for 10 seconds before you can AE anything' that DKs always hated. It also is significantly worse for single target, casting a blood boil now and then had no impact on your survivability or rotation, casting a plague strike now and then is just terrible. It also has lost all synergy with Crimson Scourge since who gives a crap about getting free blood boils on anything but AE now?

The left hand has no idea what the right hand is doing with that change. I get that they don't want DKs to devalue diseases, but only the terrible DKs were ignoring diseases completely anyway.

mcrae

SnakeswithLasers said:
I think I worded that poorly, I use them, but I feel like I'm "wasting" if I just use it for LB, as the fights usually are pretty much over as soon as they start if I'm 1v1 (searing, lava lash, earth shock, stormstrike pretty much cripples them and I feel bad "wasting" the LB on them). Doesn't help that I'm 63 and only finishing the second hub in Hellfire, so I'm outleveling everything pretty significantly. I just have RPG guilt about using a powerful spell on a mortally wounded creature when some alliance rogue may pop up at any moment to ambush and cripple me.

ya when levelling or grinding i only use like 4 spells, sometimes i just sit there and let my pet kill things (lock) after ive tagged them. not worth the effort for a 2second time save per kill :lol

Tacitus_

Ascendant Council suuuuuuucks as melee. P1 you have the boss jumping away every now and then which isn't that bad, but P2.... fuck P2.

Got a couple of good tries to around ~5% so we should get a kill soon-ish but still, fuck that fight. Not looking forward to Heroic on that at all.

TheYanger said:
It's a nerf. Blood boil was infinitely more convenient to apply it with, you also get snap aggro with blood boil, where pestilence brings us back to the shitty old days of 'wait for 10 seconds before you can AE anything' that DKs always hated. It also is significantly worse for single target, casting a blood boil now and then had no impact on your survivability or rotation, casting a plague strike now and then is just terrible. It also has lost all synergy with Crimson Scourge since who gives a crap about getting free blood boils on anything but AE now?

The left hand has no idea what the right hand is doing with that change. I get that they don't want DKs to devalue diseases, but only the terrible DKs were ignoring diseases completely anyway.
Blood Plague sucks though. It's pretty much just a dot. Now if they had made it work with Frost Fever then yes it wouldn't be too bad. There is no benefit to having Blood Plague up even with its miniscule threat. Now this makes us use 2 runes for Scarlet Fever and not to mention only being able to use DS once to start a fight before the runes regenerate.

Dance In My Blood said:
I think Mages are looking really good right now for both PvP and PvE, but of all the high level classes I have (a lot), arms warrior is the most fun to me. But yeah, definitely shares a lot of similarities with your DK.

Mages actually seem a little low on the DPS scale right now in PvE, but hopefully the buff to the fire mastery on the PTR will balance things out a little. The mana changes to fire are nice but I'm not convinced they were needed. I still enjoy the class quite a bit even when I'm not first on meters, and it has a lot of fun tricks.

I don't PvP but I hear that frost mages are "overpowered" there.

Magnus

I definitely want to work with a second character, and have no idea what to work with.

I have a capped priest who I enjoy shadowing with these days to a far greater extent than healing (which I've done in PvE for the last 5 years on different classes). Priest will always be my main.

I have a second priest at 80 (my old main), a shaman at 80, and several other classes anywhere from 42-76 (Paladin, Mage, Druid, Hunter, Death Knight, Warlock). Warrior and Rogue are somewhere around 6-12 :lol

As much as I try to get into melee, I can't. The nature of sloppy hit detection/hitboxes just irks me so much in this game that I can only really get the feel I want in combat out of healing, or ranged/casting. It's difficult to explain. I might be retarded. Death Knights still seem too cool to overlook though. Love the look and feel of the class when I see other players playing them.

I'm done really caring too much about min/maxing and being the best as per theoretical models on EJ (as in, if mage is most fun but lowest dps, I'd still consider it), so I don't really care what top theoretical dps or the best tanking class is; truly, the cool factor and fun factor of a class/role are the top of the list now (half the reason I just dropped Herbalism for Engineering on my main). I plan to casually raid these days as a backup for my guild, where I've been an officer and main raider for 5+ years.

Advice on what I should pursue for an alt? The shaman is tempting because I already have it at 80, but man, for the last month, the loudest most vocal class when it comes to crying foul have been Shamans. Are things really that bad for them right now?

My hunter, warlock and paladin are no doubt all alien to me with the drastic changes made to all their combat systems, but I'd be eager to learn depending on how fun they are to play now.

Tacitus_ said:
Ascendant Council suuuuuuucks as melee. P1 you have the boss jumping away every now and then which isn't that bad, but P2.... fuck P2.

Got a couple of good tries to around ~5% so we should get a kill soon-ish but still, fuck that fight. Not looking forward to Heroic on that at all.
Ascendant Council is pure hell on heroic. (we do it on 10m). The final burn phase against the elementium monstrosity is intense. We have yet to get it done on heroic, and I have a feeling we'll be stuck on him for a few weeks.

I love the fight though, despite ot being ranged friendly. Healing it is fun, yet stressful.

Magnus--since you enjoy range, you might as well level that hunter. The class is great fun right now and they bring a ton of utility to a party between crowd control (two forms if you're Survival) and party buffs for the occasion from your stable of pets, along with a ton of damage. It's different than a caster, but you don't have to deal with the nature of melee fights as they exist now.

PVP they are supposedly pretty weak, but I never PVP, so I can't directly attest to that--I do fare quite poorly when someone ganks me out in the open though.

The other plus with a hunter is that if you want to grind old dungeons for rep (Cenarion rep for Hippogryph mayhaps?), they are absolute beasts for that. Get a tanking pet, waypoint him between all the packs in a room, turn on misdirect, rain down multishot and an explosive trap, profit.

etiolate

Banned
Magnus:

Shaman is a low population class within the game and sort of the redheaded stepchild. It feels like a leftover design from vanilla WoW struggling to work in current WoW. When Paladin became a class for Horde, the class got a continual changes and upgrades. Ret went from useless to actually working, Prot went from just a five man grinder to a real universal tank that didn't depend on spell power and stacking INT, and now even Holy can do more than just stand around to cast Holy Light. Shaman, otoh, is still a totem dropping oddity. Elemental lacks any flavor or unique feel. They fixed up Enhance after destroying it as a Windfury machine, so that is at least more sensible. Overall though, when it comes to fixes and updates, Shaman is at the back of the line. I do not know why other than that they represent a smaller part of the userbase and perhaps the company feels they can be pushed aside until the end of an expansion's lifecycle.

I hope that explains why you hear QQ and why you may be hesitant to pursue the Shammie alt.

As for Hunter and Paladin, I did not find my Pally to play all that differently from before. You build up three charges and unleash them. Otherwise, I used the same skills that I was using before. Hunter requires more jockeying of Steady Shot to build focus, so instead of unloading and then changing aspects, you juggle shots to keep focus going.

Speaking of alt-leveling, I got destroyed yesterday by an equal level rogue in Hellfire (as my enhance shammy). He was subtlety and just ganked me over and over again. I couldn't help but laugh at how quickly he would kill me--same level and all, so I can't complain.

It's inspired me to jump on my rogue and level him up a bit. He is 67 and has been stuck around there since basically BC launched (I got him to 63 immediately on launch, then moved to main my druid--I've gotten the occasional level on him since then). I've never been a big ganker, but on this character, I might just have to pick some fights. I haven't played my rogue much since everything was a 5 minute cooldown and required reagents, so this should be quite a shock. Can't decide between specs--I assume combat is the way to go for soloing as it always has been, but I'll probably go mutilate or subtlety for fun.

J-Rzez

Tacitus_ said:

Most fights are not melee friendly this time around like I said a while ago. Sure, ranged has some stuff to deal with, but just the nature of melee mechanics in general along with fight mechanics makes things worse. Especially crap like "spreading" buffs to ranged by running out to them, just to come back to a wall of fire in your way so you have to run around that no your way back.

Fun moment was pulling a little over half the elementals before the fight at once. :lol

etiolate said:
Magnus:

Shaman is a low population class within the game and sort of the redheaded stepchild. It feels like a leftover design from vanilla WoW struggling to work in current WoW. When Paladin became a class for Horde, the class got a continual changes and upgrades. Ret went from useless to actually working, Prot went from just a five man grinder to a real universal tank that didn't depend on spell power and stacking INT, and now even Holy can do more than just stand around to cast Holy Light. Shaman, otoh, is still a totem dropping oddity. Elemental lacks any flavor or unique feel. They fixed up Enhance after destroying it as a Windfury machine, so that is at least more sensible. Overall though, when it comes to fixes and updates, Shaman is at the back of the line. I do not know why other than that they represent a smaller part of the userbase and perhaps the company feels they can be pushed aside until the end of an expansion's lifecycle.

I've often wondered how long-term Shammies keep going. So many marquee class impact talents softened: bloodlust, REAL windfury, chain heal being a force. Granted, that's the class-centric mindset I have, where each spec has a "ringer" to make them wanted even if their raw XPS goes into the shitter, they'll still get play, but yah.

Oddly, I'm thinking of going shammy for my Gobbo irreguardless. It's the one class I have either not rolled or borrowed off a friend/guildie account for a few laps.

I have a level 70 and wanted to level him up to 80 to be my gatherer, how long has it taken you guys to level 70-80 since cata's release? I remember it being quite a grind (nothing like 1-60 pre-bc though)

cuevas said:
I have a level 70 and wanted to level him up to 80 to be my gatherer, how long has it taken you guys to level 70-80 since cata's release? I remember it being quite a grind (nothing like 1-60 pre-bc though)

about 2 to 3 days of /played to get my dk from char creation to 80. No heirlooms, guild 10percent perk.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
cuevas said:
Don't be that level 80 guy who farms the upper half of Uldum and steals my nodes.

Cyrillus

Well that's it, I've officially given up on Archaeology until Blizzard does something to make it less infuriating. I looked at my map and saw that all 4 sites were fossil, and I just couldn't bring myself to survey another fossil site. 123 Troll artifacts completed, I guess I'm just going to farm arena for a vicious glad weapon while I search for a raiding guild.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Ferrio said:
I'll do what I want!
It's actually a great spot for farming if you're 85 and even well below the level cap. The resource nodes are plentiful along the northern ridge, and there are virtually no mobs that would come anywhere near you.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Nightsong, the song that plays in Hyjal (and apparently during a questline in Twilight Highlands) is absolutely amazing.

Bought the soundtrack today (I didn't get the CE originally), and absolutely love it. Great purchase.

SnakeswithLasers said:
It's inspired me to jump on my rogue and level him up a bit. He is 67 and has been stuck around there since basically BC launched (I got him to 63 immediately on launch, then moved to main my druid--I've gotten the occasional level on him since then). I've never been a big ganker, but on this character, I might just have to pick some fights. I haven't played my rogue much since everything was a 5 minute cooldown and required reagents, so this should be quite a shock. Can't decide between specs--I assume combat is the way to go for soloing as it always has been, but I'll probably go mutilate or subtlety for fun.

I'm leveling as Assassination and it's fun as hell.

Combat is just boring for me.

Sub is fun as well, but the rotation is just too mind boggling for me.

etiolate

Banned
SatelliteOfLove said:
I've often wondered how long-term Shammies keep going. So many marquee class impact talents softened: bloodlust, REAL windfury, chain heal being a force. Granted, that's the class-centric mindset I have, where each spec has a "ringer" to make them wanted even if their raw XPS goes into the shitter, they'll still get play, but yah.

Oddly, I'm thinking of going shammy for my Gobbo irreguardless. It's the one class I have either not rolled or borrowed off a friend/guildie account for a few laps.

They make alts. As a Shaman player of 2 or 3 years, I have lived off the hope we'd get something. In BC, we had unique buffs that made us interesting. Those are all gone now and there has been no compensation for the loss. There is something to be said for being a battle mage or a Shaman class at all, but that character is sort of gone. I have always wondered why the mob Shamans always had some sort of voodoo power, while the Shaman class only has hex(a pretty limited long CD CC). Blizz could have reinvigorated the Shaman class by giving it a voodoo angle, but instead its... I don't know. When you spec into any spec at level 10, you normally get a pretty class defining ability that is a part of your rotation from level 10 to endgame, but not the Ele Shaman. They get Thunderstorm, which is a utility spell that only gets used when mana is needed or too many enemies are on you. It's basically a mana pot inbetween pulls or a knockback every so often, and even them its unreliable. Every time you use thunderstorm you fear theres a flower or rock nearby to block the knockback.

Then you get to the totems, which was one unique mechanic from old vanilla, but the mechanic doesn't fit the current style of the game. They don't provide any unique buff anymore and they weaken in mobile fights, and are weakened by being linked to each element. A shaman's defense relies on dropping multiple totems, some within the same element so you override your other totem. Earthbind, Tremor, and Stoneclaw are all earth totems, and you pretty much need all three when having to play defensive. Meanwhile, you've erased the more PVE totems(strength of earth/stoneskin) which provide some defensive and offensive buffs that other classes just turn on before a match and forget about. Within a single fight, a Shaman's stats are dropping up and down as they juggle totems, while the class they are fighting has one or two CD buttons that do the same amount of protection.

Further along the totem problem, is that the Shaman's short term pets are linked to totems and for that reason or some other bizarre one, they aren't given a pet bar for the totems. A shaman has no control over searing totem or an Elemental summon, and no matter what logic they give the totems, the totems are too dumb to follow the logic. Both dps specs rely on Searing as part of their dps makeup, especially Enhance, but Searing's logic (Will attack target with flameshock or stormstrike present) relies on Searing actually checking to do that, which it doesn't always do. If you drop the totem first, before combat, then Searing will often just.. go to sleep. When you drop Fire Elemental, it decides some target is your target and when that target falls... it disappears. Fire elemental will literally quit once it does one job. You could have 10 other mobs around, but fuck it, Fire Ele has to take a coffee break. So it unsummons itself and your 10 min CD was just wasted.

They could just add a pet bar, but never do.

And still like 8 or 10% of the userbase stubbornly plays the class. Maybe having to do all that extra work makes it more interesting, maybe its the underdog status.

At least most everything great aint on the Wind totem still. "Yay! A -threat totem. Wind? Those sonsofcunts!" :lol

But yah, coming from a 6 year Holy Priest, I at least during lean times had viability in Shadow or Disco, or it was a question of finding a new method of my own via the huge toolbox of unique functionality (well, except for much of Wrath, but again, Disco/Shadow). Shaman now have...ankh. I guess.

SatelliteOfLove said:

Well despite all this i still love my shaman (mostly enhance but i enjoy resto as well). I do have to admit there are some things i miss which almost caused me to quit my shaman.

Firstly getting rid of the 'ching' sound effect and ruining windfury. That was what defined being an enhance shaman and i can't believe they took that away.

I also hated the change to windfury totem. I remember leveling with my friend who was a ret pally. It was pretty incredible how much damage we could cause together.

We would do AV and ride down south to cap the towers (back when every match was a turtle and no one could kill the bosses). People would come back to recap walk into the room and just get obliterated. We could just kill so many people by ourselves.

I still enjoy the class though and it still feels somewhat unique. I also enjoy playing hybrids (druid and shaman are my favourite classes) and i can't see me giving that up.

Dance In My Blood said:
It's actually a great spot for farming if you're 85 and even well below the level cap. The resource nodes are plentiful along the northern ridge, and there are virtually no mobs that would come anywhere near you.

I actually prefer farming in tol barad. Less people farm there and if you can't walk on water well im going to be taking all your herbs.

Also when shark tank is the daily i will often get to skin tons of him. I have made tons of money just skinning the left over shark tanks whilst looking for herbs.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Any idea what this new Ready Flash "race" icon is?

Archaeology

* There are now number displays on the summary page and dropdown menu.

* Ready Flash has been added to the race icons.

Dresden

Oh, the old windfury totem. I played a retadin in TBC and we ran warrior/ret/resto shaman in 3's. Nothing like literally one-shotting people in full pvp gear as seal of command, windfury, and all the freaking crits rolled out in a single swing.

I was like, screw this game and meant to quit but ended up playing tonight anyways. FML.

Tacitus_

MattPeters said:
Ascendant Council is pure hell on heroic. (we do it on 10m). The final burn phase against the elementium monstrosity is intense. We have yet to get it done on heroic, and I have a feeling we'll be stuck on him for a few weeks.

I love the fight though, despite ot being ranged friendly. Healing it is fun, yet stressful.

Yeah, we've killed it on 10m but we're supposed to be a 25m guild so those tries were on 25m. Lightning Rods everywhere!

Alex

You guys who say you finish BC leveling in Hellfire, how the hell do you manage that? Do you queue for a ton of dungeons, or what?

Tacitus_ said:

Totally, wiped like 10 times on 5% and killed it on 2nd try tomorrow :/
10/12 atm, probably gonna be 12/12 this week since we cleared most of stuff yesterday anyway. Next week we start doing achievements :)
Alex said:
You guys who say you finish BC leveling in Hellfire, how the hell do you manage that? Do you queue for a ton of dungeons, or what?
Did like 4 instances and maybe half of quests in hellfire and got to 65, pretty sure if you complete them all and do pvp/dungeons you can hit 68 pretty easily, then head to norhrend. I don't have any heirlooms on that character(DK) but I do have 10% from guild perk.

But I have question of my own, any PvPers here?
At the moment I'm very focused on PvE but I've got some conquest&honor points and want to buy stuff and start doing PvP bit more seriously.
I'm a rogue, assassination(using sub for PvP, bit more mobility) and my gear is for PvE, so what do you recommend I should buy? Really need resillience asap because in arenas I'm so squishy I die way too fast.

I could go for like buy whole blue set and accessories but I'm having wonderful luck of winning 1 game and losing 10 that last 30 minutes so I have more conquest then honor...
What should I focus on buying first? Weapons, accessories, 2p set?
With my luck I'll buy something and it will drop next week in BH.
Really hate farming honor atm, should have jumped on Tol Barad wagon before. Can't stand 30+ minutes games that I end up always losing, waste of time. Should just play on DS and jump around...

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
For a Rogue? IMO, a weapon definitely. Use Conquest points for the weapon. Use Honor to start gearing out with Bloodthirsty.

edit: And dont try to up your arena/bg rating unless you have an awesome pve weapon or are a super badass PVPer. You want to have a good weapon when you start facing 1500+ teams.

SnakeswithLasers said:

:lol

I had to look up what exactly was happening too since I didn't play that far back.

I miss http://www.wowwiki.com/Shadow_of_Death as a DK. It was awesome. I look at the notes and have to laugh though because it was originally 45 seconds which is just insane.

If they brought it back and it lasted for 10 or 15 seconds it'd be nice.

As for shaman QQ, I have a shaman who is ele/resto. Though he's not very geared, he's fine. I think it's just PvP shamans have always had issues since the windfury change. Ele is somewhat boring, but fine.

Still got beaten by a double shaman team in 2s earlier today though (which was probably more my team's fault.)

Double frost mages is the stuff of nightmares though if they're geared. Fought two teams of those. One team wasn't very geared or as coordinated and we beat by a bit, but the other team was insane. Lust, both with mirror images up, focusing on one person, you don't stand a chance. Especially when they can alternate stuns/ring of frost, and have more frost novas than they could even use, as melee it's hopeless against a good team.

Went from around 1500 to 1400 this last night in 2s, so it was not a good day.

Naeblish

Alex said:
Why wouldn't you do Zangarmarsh and/or Nagrand? Those are awesome zones, i especially liked Nagrand, where you immediately get like 15 quests, and then 10 more on the way.

I'm doing alot of the TBC dungeons now (trying to do all the dungeons, never really bothered with them on previous chars). I never raided, is there any way for me to experience Illidan without a dedicated guild?

water_wendi said:
For a Rogue? IMO, a weapon definitely. Use Conquest points for the weapon. Use Honor to start gearing out with Bloodthirsty.

edit: And dont try to up your arena/bg rating unless you have an awesome pve weapon or are a super badass PVPer. You want to have a good weapon when you start facing 1500+ teams.
Was looking at vendor before I came and thought about doing 2 conquest weapons and 2 honor items for start! Seems like best idea :D

I'll buy it after we do BH(again, we suck at that too lol), but chances are next week I'll get dagger from omnitron but screw it, I'll use that for pve and this for pve, completely different gear :)

Cheers

TheYanger

Naeblish said:
Why wouldn't you do Zangarmarsh and/or Nagrand? Those are awesome zones, i especially liked Nagrand, where you immediately get like 15 quests, and then 10 more on the way.

I'm doing alot of the TBC dungeons now (trying to do all the dungeons, never really bothered with them on previous chars). I never raided, is there any way for me to experience Illidan without a dedicated guild?

Illidan and other old raid bosses can be killed with VERY few people. I've 2 manned almost all of Black Temple, so you used to see trade chat pugs forming now and then to go beat em down. Right now may not be tons of people doing it, or they'll want to od it with guildies for the achievements. Also....you can't really 'experience' illidan at all. Going now it's virtually impossible to get any sense of how most fights worked. Illidan in particular you can almost entirely trivialize with even a single decent dpser.

Raiding in wow just doesn't have any easy way to 'go back' and see what things were like easily, unfortunately. hopefully they don't screw this expansion up like the last one by making each new raid completely invalidate the previous tiers within the xpac as well.

Naeblish

TheYanger said:
Illidan and other old raid bosses can be killed with VERY few people. I've 2 manned almost all of Black Temple, so you used to see trade chat pugs forming now and then to go beat em down. Right now may not be tons of people doing it, or they'll want to od it with guildies for the achievements. Also....you can't really 'experience' illidan at all. Going now it's virtually impossible to get any sense of how most fights worked. Illidan in particular you can almost entirely trivialize with even a single decent dpser.

Raiding in wow just doesn't have any easy way to 'go back' and see what things were like easily, unfortunately. hopefully they don't screw this expansion up like the last one by making each new raid completely invalidate the previous tiers within the xpac as well.
With experience i mean getting to know more about him lore-wise, and just seeing and killing the dude. I always found him a fascinating character in the Warcraft universe. I'm not that interested in his tactics or the way raids went back in TBC. So black temple should be doable with a few lvl 85's (i'm currently 68 Rogue but wouldn't mind going back)?

Dresden

Naeblish said:
With experience i mean getting to know more about him lore-wise, and just seeing and killing the dude. I always found him a fascinating character in the Warcraft universe. I'm not that interested in his tactics or the way raids went back in TBC. So black temple should be doable with a few lvl 85's (i'm currently 68 Rogue but wouldn't mind going back)?
Just grab a random bunch of people and go nuts. Some people will go just to have a chance at grabbing the glaives, for example. Spam trade like it's 2007.

Twig

Banned
I got my conquest two-hander! :D

I got it enchanted with Landslide! :D

And now when I fly, my mount is constantly pooping in my face! D:

Alex

Naeblish said:

Done em 5 times

iammeiam

I'm oddly in the position of being sort of angry about the latest Druid changes in the PTR patch notes.

Berserk lost fear immunity because Druids are already hard to CC. So now shapeshifting is no longer breaking root effects, which makes the Berserk nerf much harsher, and is a pretty major shift in class function.

Alex

I bet they'll revert that, they seem to like to nerf people in stupid ways then revert it to act like they gave 'em a present. will be dumbfounded if that goes live, it's like the essence of Feral PvP. It's like taking out Divine Shield.

I'm still pretty bewildered about the lack of panic buttons added to Restoration Shaman. The entire raiding game for tanks and healers in Cataclysm is about chaining cooldowns, Ghostcrawler mentioned in the blog about the importance of tanks and healers working together to chain them, as such every other healer has 2-4.

Cept Shaman, they are sitting at a glorious at 0. Hell, they still don't even have a personal defense. :lol Fun place to be in on a class that (along with Resto Druid) is about a good 25%+ below Paladin and Priest in throughput. Mana Tide bot and nothing more.

I'm not Resto outside of the occasional offspec frolic, so I won't let it tear at me too much, I just hate to see it in such a position as a long time healer gone DPS.

I decided to start raising my old paladin who is level 61 yesterday. I have switched him to tank and have pretty much no experience. I did a random dungeon and got blood furnace.

I couldn't believe how fast we were downing bosses. The bosses in there died in like 5-10 seconds and i am not exaggerating. I barely had time to use all my moves. The dps were a 63 DK, don't remember the other 2 but they were level 61 (i think mage and warlock).

Has anyone else noticed anything similar? I might have to try a few more see what happens but i have never seen bosses die so fast.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Zangamarsh was alright, personally I think I preferred Hellfire. It was a really cool looking zone, but it was kind of samey, whereas I felt like HP had a cool progession and variety of areas in it.

Currently in Tekko-something Forest. Fuck me the skybox is gorgeous.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Hellfire just felt like a bigger Blasted Lands in space.

And Blasted Lands sucked already back then. Although its much better now.

I always liked Zangarmarsh and Terokkar. Nagrand, i got to hate it a lot with the Nesingwary quests, when you used to do 6 quests where each of them asked you to kill 30 monsters. Thank god they nerfed them, but i still got nightmares from them so its hard to forget how i used to hate Nagrand. :p

I know a lot of people hate Blade Edge Mountain, but i always thought all those spiky mountains looked cool. And some of them even have black drakes impaled into them! Badass meter went high when i saw this the first time.
The graveyard runs really sucked though.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Blasted Lands was great in current WOW, in my opinion. Lots of cool quests and really nice environments across the board. Silithus on the other hand was really awful for me, for some reason. I went in there slightly overleveled (very slightly, 57 and the first few quests seemed fine for a 54) and even then bullshit like collecting 10 twilight texts which dropped on something like every four of five enemies pissed me off. Then you had to find the same artifact again later. Urgh. It also had some annoying hive quests and a mini-boss that took me forever to beat even though his level was in the green. It also had a very Outlands-esque quest structure, in that they just give you a million of them and say 'go crazy', whereas all my other experiences in the Old World were very directed. So I guess when I got to Hellfire I was kind of desensitized to it.

The biggest downside, if you can even call it that, to the Outlands at the moment is the amount of quests I have to turn down because they're group quests. Those are super-rare in the current 1-60 WOW, whereas there are heaps in The Outlands. I mean, obviously that's fine if you're not soloing or in a heavily populated area, but I am and I'm not.

Just ticked over to 65. Yay.

idlewild_

Rez said:
Blasted Lands was great in current WOW, in my opinion. Lots of cool quests and really nice environments across the board. Silithus on the other hand was really awful for me, for some reason. I went in there slightly overleveled (very slightly, 57 and the first few quests seemed fine for a 54) and even then bullshit like collecting 10 twilight texts which dropped on something like every four of five enemies pissed me off. Then you had to find the same artifact again later. Urgh. It also had some annoying hive quests and a mini-boss that took me forever to beat even though his level was in the green. It also had a very Outlands-esque quest structure, in that they just give you a million of them and say 'go crazy', whereas all my other experiences in the Old World were very directed. So I guess when I got to Hellfire I was kind of desensitized to it.

The biggest downside, if you can even call it that, to the Outlands at the moment is the amount of quests I have to turn down because they're group quests. Those are super-rare in the current 1-60 WOW, whereas there are heaps in The Outlands. I mean, obviously that's fine if you're not soloing or in a heavily populated area, but I am and I'm not.

Just ticked over to 65. Yay.

they barely changed silithus if at all. it is one of the only old world zones which could basically get the achieve for based on stuff you did prior to the changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom