• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Azwethinkweiz said:
I'm leveling up a priest and at lvl 62, healing is ridiculously easy. I feel the only spells I'm using in dungeons are shield and renew. Every once in a blue moon I'll have to flash heal, but normally just those two.

Enjoy it while you still can, once you hit the lvls after 80, things will hurt much much more and mana will go down much much faster.

Dunlop

Sai-kun said:
I'm aware of that, was just giving my opinion from what I had played :)

Sorry I didnt mean to sound agressive only for him to base his choice off of people who play those classes at high levels, I only play my priest at 85 and healed on my pally up to 80..I'm now in the process of leveling my pally and learning how to heal as it is completely been redone.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
Azwethinkweiz said:
I'm leveling up a priest and at lvl 62, healing is ridiculously easy. I feel the only spells I'm using in dungeons are shield and renew. Every once in a blue moon I'll have to flash heal, but normally just those two.
i havent done any instance with my Priest. PVP healing is boring though. i also think the Holy tree itself is pretty ho-hum. ill probably try Disc today.

I leveled a priest to 55 and then stopped, but that was more because Cata finally arrived and I've been working on leveling my 3 80's and their professions. Yesterday I got the rare night-elf artifact dressing gown while leveling archeology. I think I might go back to the priest just for a bit to get to 60, so I can use them. Kind of stinks that it will be so temporary without scaling.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
Deputy Moonman said:
I leveled a priest to 55 and then stopped, but that was more because Cata finally arrived and I've been working on leveling my 3 80's and their professions. Yesterday I got the rare night-elf artifact dressing gown while leveling archeology. I think I might go back to the priest just for a bit to get to 60, so I can use them. Kind of stinks that it will be so temporary without scaling.
That is probably the worst thing about the Arch BoAs.

Twig

Banned
water_wendi said:
That is probably the worst thing about the Arch BoAs.
Yeah, I don't really understand the point of making them not scale after such a huge investment if it's not going to be a max-level item.

C'est la Blizzard.

Tacitus_

Ramirez said:
Any tips for Maloriak or whatever his name is in BWD? We got him to like 12% on our 3rd attempt, but everyone after that was way worse. What's the ideal way of doing the adds?

You need to get 3 spawns of adds per green vial phase. That is, 1 interrupt before the first (2 if Maloriak tries to free adds before he throws a vial in) and 3 every green rotation after that (2 casts per phase). Then, depending your raid size:

10m: pray to your favourite deity that the tank doesn't get iceblocked when they have 3 spawns of adds on them. Also tell them to chain pop CDs and/or kite them. AoE snares are extremely helpful here
25m: :lol all the way to the bank since you can use 2 OTs and your tanks have pretty much no chance of dying with semi competent interrupts

After he pops the green vial, all DPS should AoE the adds down during the green slime (15s).

Tamanon

Banned
Twig said:
Yeah, I don't really understand the point of making them not scale after such a huge investment if it's not going to be a max-level item.

C'est la Blizzard.

They're remedying that at least, by dropping the level required. So the headdress will have the same ilevel but be able to be worn at 61 instead of 70. Same thing with the other non-85 items. Basically it'll give you something overpowered for one bracket.

Dizzy-4U

Is it ok to ask a very stupid question?

I made an night elf mage, Im level 14, finished all the quest available at Teldrassil and now I'm in Darkshore.

Where in hell can I buy potions? I checked every merchant available and the only sell meat and bread. But I need potions...If I get ambushed by 2 o 3 mobs I need to run like hell.

It's been 10 hours since I started playing and the only potion I got was from a quest I think.

Dizzy-4U said:

I made an night elf mage, Im level 14, finished all the quest available at Teldrassil and now I'm in Darkshore.

Where in hell can I buy potions? I checked every merchant available and the only sell meat and bread. But I need potions...If I get ambushed by 2 o 3 mobs I need to run like hell.

It's been 10 hours since I started playing and the only potion I got was from a quest I think.

Potions are created through the tradeskill alchemy. Either you can go back to Darnassus, ask a guard for a profession trainer, and pick up alchemy and herbalism, or you can buy them off the auction house.

Dizzy-4U

funkmastergeneral said:
Potions are created through the tradeskill alchemy. Either you can go back to Darnassus, ask a guard for a profession trainer, and pick up alchemy and herbalism, or you can buy them off the auction house.
Ahhh ok. I decided to go enchanter and tailoring so no potions for me for a while.

Garryk

Dizzy-4U said:

If you mean health and mana potions, they are made by alchemists and dropped occasionally by mobs. You can make your own if you level alchemy with herbalism.

EDIT: Beaten.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
Dizzy-4U said:
Ahhh ok. I decided to go enchanter and tailoring so no potions for me for a while.
Also consider that potions in Wow are far different than potions in say, Diablo. They have a 2 minute timer and are more of an "Oh shit!" type thing. Still incredibly useful but i want you to know that before you head into a group of 5 and get pounded lol

edit: Also being level 14 you can use Polymorph to take one guy out of the fight until you are ready. You probably know but cant be too sure with someone new to the game. Theres an overwhelming amount of stuff to take in that first character.

edit2:
Also.. for those that are new to the game Miss Pan over at MMO Champion has put together the best beginners guide for 4.0 Wow.

Google Docs link to Miss Pans Handbook

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
Deadly Cyclone said:
So as a new mage, what is the best spec for DPS at level 10? What should I pick?
They are all good for DPS while leveling. Are you going to be doing any PVP battlegrounds? If so id probably go Frost. i havent played my mage in a long time but frost is all about control. If you do 5% less damage but can control the enemies you are facing, a little less damage is worth it imo.

Bisnic

Frost is definitely the one spec you want for lvling. Not that the others sucks, but having your personal pet, extra shield against damage (that wont eat your mana unlike mana shield), 2 frost novas, and more powerful chilling/freezing abilities make this the best one. And the damage is still pretty good.

Bisnic

hamchan said:
Aren't Frost mages considered to be the best spec out of any class at the moment?

Maybe in PVP, but not in PVE. Although they're still pretty good in PVE compared to what they were in the past 6 years.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Wait, there are still people around that DON'T use an authenticator? WHY?

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Retro said:
Some people like to live dangerously, like not wearing a helmet during sex.

HEY SHE SAID SHE WAS ON THE PILL DON'T JUDGE ME

Deputy Moonman said:
What is this trick that you guys are speaking of? I have a max 525 herbalism/alchemy toon and my main is maxed out 525 tailoring/enchanting. I want in on the action! :)

Note that the character you do it on has to have (at least almost Maxed) enchanting and alchemy skill high enough to make the trinket, since the stone is BoP.

Enchanting/Alchemy is a rarer comp though, which is why so few people can do it. Although after having Alchemy/Herbalism early on, picking up enchanting as the second raid professions way back was a logical choice.

webrunner

I said it before, but I think it's halarious that our fantasy magic elf game accounts are, and generally have to be, more secure then our bank accounts.

notworksafe

To be fair, many people's accounts are worth a few thousand dollars or more.

EDIT: Just the gold I have on my characters is worth $500 on my server. Not sure what it'd be with enchanting mats, ore, bars, etc. Plus the stuff I could access in my guild's bank.

Wizman23

Banned
In regards to authenticators have any of you used the mobile one that is actually an app for your phone? Looks a hell of a lot easier then the actual key chain device.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
webrunner said:
I said it before, but I think it's halarious that our fantasy magic elf game accounts are, and generally have to be, more secure then our bank accounts.
No one can do a thing with my online bank account login information. They can look at my history but cannot transfer. To widthdraw money out in person they need an ID and to use the machine they need the card in my wallet and my pin. If it ever gets stolen, I call the bank, which is reactive compared to authenticators preemptive technique. I wouldn't call it more secure IMO.

And yes, since I'm a poor college student, my WoW account is worth more than my wallet. :lol

C.Dark.DN

Banned
How long would it take to power level Enchanting and Alch to 500 by mostly gathering? I power leveled BS and Eng during the last few days and it was alright.

This one guy on the server being the only Maelstrom Crystal source is tempting. I think he sold 30 today. 30k-90k profit depending upon if he collects herbs or buys herbs.

I would probably level a 70 that has 150 enchanting to 75, collect all the herbs that a 75 can, buy the 75-85 herbs and drop it for Alch.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
notworksafe said:
To be fair, many people's accounts are worth a few thousand dollars or more.

EDIT: Just the gold I have on my characters is worth $500 on my server. Not sure what it'd be with enchanting mats, ore, bars, etc. Plus the stuff I could access in my guild's bank.
I have no idea what you'd have to do to have a thousand dollar account.

Alex

I actually really like archeology so far, in concept. I like the little stories, I like the prospect of a sort of gambling based profession, but my ultimate gripe is that it's just so unpolished. There needs to be mroe things in it.

They don't need to coat the land in epics, but offer more tangible rewards. BoA items with a decent range would be a good starting point flat levels or 9-10 level don't cut it, run them 1-85.

In general I just feel like it should be a total marzipan of loot from various cultures instead of a few gimmicks with a gigantic carrot held on a very very far away string. Everything from PvP gear to big boxes of tradeskill items would be nice.

I think a lot of their professions have a very good baseline, and have some super fun elements to them, but they just need to be taken a little further. It's a bit sad how much lost potential there is for some professions.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Alex said:
I actually really like archeology so far, in concept. I like the little stories, I like the prospect of a sort of gambling based profession, but my ultimate gripe is that it's just so unpolished. There needs to be mroe things in it.

They don't need to coat the land in epics, but offer more tangible rewards. BoA epics with a decent range would be a good starting point. But in general I just feel like it should be a total marzipan of loot from various cultures instead of a few gimmicks with a gigantic carrot held on a very very far away string. Everything from PvP gear to big boxes of tradeskill items would be nice.
Exactly. It just feels like a throwaway. Part of the problem is that outside the epics, everything else is just random or literal junk. I don't want money from it (although it's easy to make a lot of money with it, just sell Hieroglyphics and Rune stones for several hundreds a piece.)

I don't get why some races are fleshed out and some just have nothing, i.e. Trolls have Zin'rokh, and nothing, fossils have two easy to proc items and then a vast sea of nothing, despite having almost 40% of the Azeroth digsites.

Wizman23 said:
In regards to authenticators have any of you used the mobile one that is actually an app for your phone? Looks a hell of a lot easier then the actual key chain device.

Yup. It's great. Super easy. Highly recommended.

Angry Grimace said:
I have no idea what you'd have to do to have a thousand dollar account.

10 gold is worth about 2 cents, so 500,000G would do it.

Angry Grimace said:
I don't get why some races are fleshed out and some just have nothing

I feel very confident in theorizing that they stripped the Titan artifacts out of archaeology that were originally supposed to be driving the Path of the Titans system and then just shipped what was left.

Twig

Banned
I like archaeology, too. Including those little stories. But it's kind of a broken, empty wasteland unless you get really lucky, so I'll be Not Doing It until it's fixed.

etiolate

Banned
Archeology is my new fishing; a profession that I will never level because it is based upon time consumption instead of being fun. click click click yawn

C.Dark.DN

Banned
etiolate said:
Archeology is my new fishing; a profession that I will never level because it is based upon time consumption instead of being fun. click click click yawn
The fishing daily isn't click click yawn. It might take 525 days, or half that if it awards 2, but It'll get there.

webrunner

DeathNote said:
The fishing daily isn't click click yawn. It might take 525 days, or half that if it awards 2, but It'll get there.

Note: I like fishing, I maxed fishing in Wrath, but, did you basically just say "It's not about time conception, it just takes a long while?"

DeathNote said:

Which raises an excellent point: where's our archaeology daily, dammit!?

webrunner said:
Note: I like fishing, I maxed fishing in Wrath, but, did you basically just say "It's not about time conception, it just takes a long while?"

Leveling fishing entirely through fishing dailies will not get you to max fishing for a long time but it will require a far smaller amount of time spent actively leveling fishing over the course of that time.

etiolate said:

Except I can make a lot of money fishing up volatile fires and deepsea sagefish

Twig

Banned
charlequin said:
Which raises an excellent point: where's our archaeology daily, dammit!?
Vortex Pinnacle.

Or that's what a guildie told me. If it's high enough there's a thing in there that gives a daily, or maybe it was a one-time quest, I'm not sure.

He could've been bullshitting me. We all frequently bullshit each other. U:

EDIT: Also, just got spammed to buy a touring rocket for $75.

I find this amusing, given that I could get it for vanilla + three-month sub on my own, which is... $45 for three months (less if you do the "bundle") plus the actual game, which I can CERTAINLY get for less than $30.

Twig said:
Vortex Pinnacle.

Or that's what a guildie told me. If it's high enough there's a thing in there that gives a daily, or maybe it was a one-time quest, I'm not sure.

He could've been bullshitting me. We all frequently bullshit each other. U:

EDIT: Also, just got spammed to buy a touring rocket for $75.

I find this amusing, given that I could get it for vanilla + three-month sub on my own, which is... $45 for three months (less if you do the "bundle") plus the actual game, which I can CERTAINLY get for less than thirty.
There is one in lost city as well. But its not really a daily quest.

You put a tol'vor fragment in the thing that gives you the quest and it gives you a zone buff.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Pretty sure there's one in every new instance. Dwarf for Grim Batol, Night Elf or something for the underwater place, etc. You're better off selling them. It's a 5% damage buff.

Twig

Banned
Ohh okay. So it doesn't actually skill up your archaeology?

And yeah, arch actually makes a decent amount of money if you sell all the green fragments. It's for that reason alone that I even bother to stop to survey if I'm near a site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom