• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danoss

-PXG-

Oh, I really haven't paid any attention to my professions. I have enchanting as one of them. What should be my second? Mining? Jewel crafting? Leather working?

Danoss

vilmer_ said:
Awesome, thanks! I'll have to tinker around with them. There must be a way as well to change the output text? I'm not sure "deep freeze is fuckin ready!" is part of the default addon lol.
Yes, both those addons are very customisable.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Finally got my sexy shoulders :D!

Now to replace my stupid ass helm...

0LMZ3.jpg

My guild is 8/12. Tried Cho'Gall for about two hours tonight. Best we got him was 15%. Something felt odd. Our DPS is really good. Don't know why we're coming up short. Any tips?

No45

Dizzy-4U said:
I should go Herbalism and Mining then. I leveled fishing and cooking the most, so swapping tailoring and enchanting doesn't look too bad. Thanks for the advice.
You might want to consider pairing Skinning with one of those. You can only track one type of node, so unless you want to run around spamming a macro to switch tracking methods Skinning makes a lot more sense.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
So... I power leveled enchanting amd alch on a rogue and as soon as I hit 500 on both I found out they hotfixed the trick recently. :lol I thought I had at least a week to disenchant a lot of stones and stock pile them for the a 4.0.6 fix.
Yes, I lost a lot of gold.

ElRenoRaven

No45 said:
You might want to consider pairing Skinning with one of those. You can only track one type of node, so unless you want to run around spamming a macro to switch tracking methods Skinning makes a lot more sense.

Wrong you can track both since 4.0.1. My druid is a Miner/Herbalist.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
No45 said:
They changed this a while ago. You can track about 10 things at once.

zugzug

Sai-kun said:
The 1000 Gnome March gets bonus awesome points for using two different Lady Gaga songs XD

wow, fucking awesome.

1000 Gnome march was such bullshit scam. They gave away the prize to a bullshit screenshot from another server. I know I did not win but, just listening to them crap out and give it to first picture was bullshit and made whole trip dumb as fuck.

I'm not sure i'll particpate anymore based off how fake they were.

Conceited

mechaniphiliac
zugzug said:
1000 Gnome march was such bullshit scam. They gave away the prize to a bullshit screenshot from another server. I know I did not win but, just listening to them crap out and give it to first picture was bullshit and made whole trip dumb as fuck.

Multiple people including Mike and Lore confirmed they saw the person in the room at more than one point, also, you mad.

Gary actually left it up to the chatroom to decide if it was legit, almost everyone said they won fair and square.

And no, I am not Lore. :p

No45

zugzug said:

You have the best name ever. ^_^

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I can hardly believe it, but I just hit level 80. A month and a half ago this was inconceivable. Crazy.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
ToyMachine228 said:
My guild is 8/12. Tried Cho'Gall for about two hours tonight. Best we got him was 15%. Something felt odd. Our DPS is really good. Don't know why we're coming up short. Any tips?
Make sure you're the killing the tentacles as soon as they spawn, make sure people aren't puking on other people, save Heroism for 25%. And if you have him down below 10%, healers are going OOM and another set of tentacles spawn, just ignore them (or have one person and warlock/hunter pets go around interrupting them) and dps him down.

Phase 2 of that fight is a bitch. We got him to under 5% like four times before we finally killed him.

Hixx

DeathNote said:
So... I power leveled enchanting amd alch on a rogue and as soon as I hit 500 on both I found out they hotfixed the trick recently. :lol I thought I had at least a week to disenchant a lot of stones and stock pile them for the a 4.0.6 fix.
Yes, I lost a lot of gold.

Transmute Volatile Life to Air. I can make 500g a day from it on weekends, on top of flasks etc.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I want that bug mount so bad, why does Tolvir digsites have to be so god damn rare..., not to mention the item itself... /sigh

C.Dark.DN

Banned
HixxSAFC said:
Transmute Volatile Life to Air. I can make 500g a day from it on weekends, on top of flasks etc.
All I can find is Transmute: Living Elements and that appears to be random?
Are you flask or transmute spec?
I actually only have mining right now.

moojito

DeathNote said:

Stand in uldum and it will always be air.

webrunner

DeathNote said:
Note: I'm not an alchemist, but what I heard is that it depends on what zone you're in.

The first four cata zones each have some element associated with them and doing it in that zone gives you that element all the time (it should be obvious which is which)

Thoraxes

cubicle47b said:
2 healing Cho'gall helps a lot too. Phase 2 healing isn't bad until maybe the third set of adds.

We didn't really have a problem 3 healing it. We usually got him to 27% by the time he'd get ready to let loose a 4th add. Though I can see that the cleaner you get the less healing needs to be done. We 2 healed Artramedies, and man that fight is a joke. We only had one air phase.

Phase 2:
What we did was, since i'm a feral tank, is just left me to dps the boss while our DK tank just took all the stacks of the debuff. We had a ret pally, warrior, and mage interrupting the tentacles so they could be burned down faster, and we had a warlock and hunter burning down the adds hard. When we BL'd the first set of adds went down in about 5 seconds, and we got him to 13% before the second set of adds came out.

Also we artificially made the fight harder for ourselves because we didn't understand the fight. How? Well the adds that come out during P1, we thought that they had to be killed before you go into P2, but it turns out he just eats the add if it spawns when he goes into P2 :D. We'd always get to like 27%, and then have to stop all DPS and go kill the add because we thought we had to. Once we realized that that wasn't an issue, we only had to do P2 twice to down him.

On a sidenote, even tanking i managed to pull 13k DPS. Which was very nice, and I finished above 2 of our DPS as well, though in their defense, they were on interrupt duty for the adds as they were kited to the back of the room.

Do any of you guys do the Cho'gall fight on 25 man? My guild has yet to get in attempts where we don't have 5 sets of adds, and we end up no where close to the enrage timer.

DeathNote said:
^^ Grats. I haven't touched Tol'vir. I got my fossil mount and pet and spent a lot of time on Troll without any success.
I got archeology to 525, which gave me the achievement for having all my 2ndary professions maxed out, and I haven't touched it since. The thing with most professions, is that even though there are rare recipes and such, most of them you will get if you work for them. Archeology is so horribly RNG based, I just can't even motivate myself to try. I don't know what Blizzard was playing at by having the Tol'Vir digsites so rare, as if it makes any sense to have a digsite more rare than any other zone digsite. They need to make it so that you have at least 6 digsites up at any one time.

Macattk15

God. Apparently I'm one of the two people that fully understand Chimaeron in the 10m I run with the guild I am in. I don't know how many times I had to tell our Holy Priest to stop healing people to full health while the Bile-o-tron is up.

How often does he spit the caustic slime out when he is being tanked? Sometimes someone would get hit twice in a row and be killed. I think it is just the healers being slow at reacting to who previously was hit ... they say they are healing as fast as possible.

So angering.

Thoraxes

Sax Russel said:
My 66th Tol'vir, 3rd rare. :D:D:D:D:D:D

Gratz! I'm jealous!!!

Macattk15 said:
God. Apparently I'm one of the two people that fully understand Chimaeron in the 10m I run with the guild I am in. I don't know how many times I had to tell our Holy Priest to stop healing people to full health while the Bile-o-tron is up.

How often does he spit the caustic slime out when he is being tanked? Sometimes someone would get hit twice in a row and be killed. I think it is just the healers being slow at reacting to who previously was hit ... they say they are healing as fast as possible.

So angering.

I know not too much. Currently there's a bear tank bug with it that's been hotfixed. As for the rest, I know our Pally healer said he just did a lot of pre-casting, and he said he felt that he didn't feel he healed smart or efficient, but for some reason it just helped a lot.

webrunner

Deputy Moonman said:
I got archeology to 525, which gave me the achievement for having all my 2ndary professions maxed out, and I haven't touched it since. The thing with most professions, is that even though there are rare recipes and such, most of them you will get if you work for them. Archeology is so horribly RNG based, I just can't even motivate myself to try. I don't know what Blizzard was playing at by having the Tol'Vir digsites so rare, as if it makes any sense to have a digsite more rare than any other zone digsite. They need to make it so that you have at least 6 digsites up at any one time.

I think they did this:

Okay, list of major historical races.

Okay, list of where the ruins are.

Okay, match it up.

Tol'Vir have no presence outside of Uldum, so finding their artifacts there would be unlikely... although technically they COULD give us some in Ahn'Quiraj or around Ulduar (or even Uldaman, or Azjol-Nerub).

I imagine they'll give it another pass.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
Thoraxes said:
We didn't really have a problem 3 healing it. We usually got him to 27% by the time he'd get ready to let loose a 4th add. Though I can see that the cleaner you get the less healing needs to be done. We 2 healed Artramedies, and man that fight is a joke. We only had one air phase.

Phase 2:
What we did was, since i'm a feral tank, is just left me to dps the boss while our DK tank just took all the stacks of the debuff. We had a ret pally, warrior, and mage interrupting the tentacles so they could be burned down faster, and we had a warlock and hunter burning down the adds hard. When we BL'd the first set of adds went down in about 5 seconds, and we got him to 13% before the second set of adds came out.

Also we artificially made the fight harder for ourselves because we didn't understand the fight. How? Well the adds that come out during P1, we thought that they had to be killed before you go into P2, but it turns out he just eats the add if it spawns when he goes into P2 :D. We'd always get to like 27%, and then have to stop all DPS and go kill the add because we thought we had to. Once we realized that that wasn't an issue, we only had to do P2 twice to down him.

On a sidenote, even tanking i managed to pull 13k DPS. Which was very nice, and I finished above 2 of our DPS as well, though in their defense, they were on interrupt duty for the adds as they were kited to the back of the room.
Careful, there's a bug where if he's summoning the add when he reaches 25% it won't despawn and P2 is basically impossible with it up. Happened to my group two times when we were learning.

Macattk15

Thoraxes said:
I know not too much. Currently there's a bear tank bug with it that's been hotfixed. As for the rest, I know our Pally healer said he just did a lot of pre-casting, and he said he felt that he didn't feel he healed smart or efficient, but for some reason it just helped a lot.

Yeah I read about the bear tank bug, but we have a DK and Pally tank so it's not an issue. Healers just need to man up.

Thoraxes

dave is ok said:
Careful, there's a bug where if he's summoning the add when he reaches 25% it won't despawn and P2 is basically impossible with it up. Happened to my group two times when we were learning.
Yeah, we ran into that issue twice too. I think though it was the timing, like it has to be VERY precise timing for that to happen. None of the tanks had used an ability on it when we went into P2. So i'm thinking that someone has to hit it or make some threat on the table with an ability instead of healing aggro/body pull, etc., as to "enable" it I guess. It was either that or you just had to wait until he was fully summoned to push it.

Or it's just buggy which is probably it too like you said.

We ended up just waiting a few extra seconds to let a tank hit him a couple times before making the final push. Also when he absorbs the add you get a couple extra seconds of free DPS too!

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Doing Halls of Origination Normal tonight with my RL friends in my guild.

Any advice? How is it in comparison to say...Grim Batol?

-PXG-

So I'm about to get Wrath. I want to make a DK. Now I've looked at a lot of walkthroughs, how-tos and guides, but none of explained which spec is best for leveling. I want to eventually make my DK a tank at 85, but should I level him with the Blood (tank) spec or Frost (dps)? I have no interest in Unholy, unless, of course, it makes leveling easier. Thanks in advance.

Bisnic

thetrin said:
Doing Halls of Origination Normal tonight with my RL friends in my guild.

Any advice? How is it in comparison to say...Grim Batol?

There is a lot of bosses(7?), 4 mini bosses(no special loot though), it looks pretty cool and you can fight a fire Marrowgar while on a camel mount, and the last 4 bosses are right next to each other with no trash at all between them. It sounds like a pretty long instance with the 7 bosses and 4 mini bosses, but there isnt that much trash, and half of it is pretty weak(think of those packs of weak troggs in Grim Batol)

It's nothing really hard, especially on reg.

Just dont forget for the first boss, to jump down and click on the levers when he uses his big bubble shield.

Macattk15

Bisnic said:
There is a lot of bosses(7?), 4 mini bosses(no special loot though), it looks pretty cool and you can fight a fire Marrowgar while on a camel mount, and the last 4 bosses are right next to each other with no trash at all between them. It sounds like a pretty long instance with the 7 bosses and 4 mini bosses, but there isnt that much trash, and half of it is pretty weak(think of those packs of weak troggs in Grim Batol)

It's nothing really hard, especially on reg.

Just dont forget for the first boss, to jump down and click on the levers when he uses his big bubble shield.

Those 4 bosses at the end right next to each other have trash in their rooms right before them though.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
there's pretty much next to no trash after the very beginning. you can walk around the middle goblins so just have an occasional pack on each of the stairs and then the few you encounter on the way out to Ptah.

Heck, one of the HoO achievements is to complete the Vault of Lights encounter (up to but not including the boss) in 5 minutes.

edit - yeah, the last four bosses (well, last four including the one for dungeon clear. we usually save Ptah for last) have two pulls each in their rooms. very minor though.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
-PXG- said:
So I'm about to get Wrath. I want to make a DK. Now I've looked at a lot of walkthroughs, how-tos and guides, but none of explained which spec is best for leveling. I want to eventually make my DK a tank at 85, but should I level him with the Blood (tank) spec or Frost (dps)? I have no interest in Unholy, unless, of course, it makes leveling easier. Thanks in advance.
I like blood leveling from 80-85 because you can take on multiple mobs and never drop below 95% health. The mobs in the new zones are quite tough. I can also solo a lot of elites easily.

Outland and Northrend content content? I haven't messed with frost much, but both will do about double the damage that blood does and you probably wont have to worry much about health. I'd dual spec blood for 10 gold if you need to solo some group quest.

At 85 you can easily have a full set of both DPS and Tank leveling greens.

-PXG-

DeathNote said:
I like blood leveling from 80-85 because you can take on multiple mobs and never drop below 95% health. The mobs in the new zones are quite tough. I can also solo a lot of elites easily.

Outland and Northrend content content? I haven't messed with frost much, but both will do about double the damage that blood does and you probably wont have to worry much about health. I'd dual spec blood for 10 gold if you need to solo some group quest.

At 85 you can easily have a full set of both DPS and Tank leveling greens.

Alright so frost from 55-80 then? That's what I was leaning towards anyway.

Owensboro

Question for people that have leveled up Alliance after the Cata patch: What zones are *must play* zones that I should hit while questing? I'm level 34 ATM and am pretty disappointed in the zones after Redridge as it doesn't really look like they have changed much in terms of getting more fun. The only neat part of Duskwood was the updated "Stiches" ending even though the town guards took him down fairly quickly. After that STV is really lame. It's all the same quests, the zone just looks different and is broken up into two pieces. Then I went to check out Arathi Highlands and that place is almost 100% unchanged. The only difference I found was that gate to the north and a random pirate ship that had 3-4 quests.

So.... anyone got a list of the cool zones they have changed alliance side with fun quests? I really don't want to do Nerstingway's quests ever again.

Bisnic

Macattk15 said:
Those 4 bosses at the end right next to each other have trash in their rooms right before them though.

Oh right, i forgot about those, i was only thinking about the hallways leading to the boss rooms.

Owensboro said:
Question for people that have leveled up Alliance after the Cata patch: What zones are *must play* zones that I should hit while questing? I'm level 34 ATM and am pretty disappointed in the zones after Redridge as it doesn't really look like they have changed much in terms of getting more fun. The only neat part of Duskwood was the updated "Stiches" ending even though the town guards took him down fairly quickly. After that STV is really lame. It's all the same quests, the zone just looks different and is broken up into two pieces. Then I went to check out Arathi Highlands and that place is almost 100% unchanged. The only difference I found was that gate to the north and a random pirate ship that had 3-4 quests.

So.... anyone got a list of the cool zones they have changed alliance side with fun quests? I really don't want to do Nerstingway's quests ever again.

Did you do south STV? i thought that part was barely anything like what it was before. All the quests that ask us to infiltrate the pirate enemy ships leading to the invasion of Booty Bay were awesome.

Both Plaguelands changed quite a lot, especially Western, which should be your zone to do around 34 i believe.

After Eastern plaguelands, they send you to Badlands, which again changed a lot(dont miss the funny Deathwing quests near the southwest). Searing Gorge and Burning Steppes still looks the same, but the quests are nothing like what they were before, except for a few exceptions. Then that will leave Swamp of Sorrows & Blasted Lands. Blasted Lands is another zone that changed as much as WPL, Redridge or Badlands.

I think Arathi, Hinterlands & Silithus are the only zones that looks almost the same as their old versions. Oh and by the way, that random pirate ship to the south was also there before Cataclysm, just hard to find if you didn't know it existed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom