• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

2San

So playing WoW with the friends 3x xp bonus. The game is not balanced for this. I keep being over-leveled for certain quests that I need for higher level quests.

The community is kinda cold. :eek: But this guy Goldenorange gave 10 gold. He was good person. :D

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
2San said:
So playing WoW with the friends 3x xp bonus. The game is not balanced for this. I keep being over-leveled for certain quests that I need for higher level quests.

The community is kinda cold. :eek: But this guy Goldenorange gave 10 gold. He was good person. :D

What you don't know is that Mr. Goldenorange have 100,000 gold in his bag.

Alex

I like my modern looking Draenei totems. For pure effort the goblin ones have the most detail by far though.

Hixx

Just spent 2 hrs doing last 2 bosses of Deadmines. I kind of want to end it all.

We thought we'd wiped on VC but had got her down just enough so she killed herself. And it was holy paladin and leather melee dps gear. Which was useless. I love the people in my guild but by god they are terrible players.

TheYanger

borghe said:
this is incorrect. they don't apply the 50% debuff until after they die. I forget what the debuff is, but it happens during their dying animation and actually takes a second or two to apply. so if you are counting every possible second of the burn phase, you want to wait on trinkets, timers and BL until the last drake you plan on killing goes down AND his debuff is applied.

however you are correct in the rest. basically you never outright move to kill the third drake. get him released and damage him enough that splash can finish the rest (25%?) but the big priorities in this fight are the order the drakes are released in (depending on which drakes you have) and getting two drakes downed completely giving 100% damage increase to halfus, and preferably getting the third one down enough that eventually in the fight you will get a final 50% extra on halfus as well. the rest of the fight depends on which drakes you have and which abilities halfus and his dragon have as a result.

No offense, but it's not wrong. He takes 50% more damage the instant a drake is released. The only benefit to killing them is not having to tank so much stuff/freeing up tanks to get more drakes. Trust me :p There is NEVER a benefit to killing stuff to where you have tanks not tanking anything, they can always release more stuff or offtank what you've already got. The only danger is keeping them alive, which on normal is trivial. The second week when we were in blues doing this on heroic we kept everything alive but a single drake to maximize dps.

From our kill this week, for instance:
[22:28:23.406] Halfus Wyrmbreaker afflicted by Dragon's Vengeance from Nether Scion
[22:28:24.593] Halfus Wyrmbreaker afflicted by Dragon's Vengeance (2) from Nether Scion
[22:28:24.593] Halfus Wyrmbreaker afflicted by Dragon's Vengeance (3) from Nether Scion
[22:28:25.781] Halfus Wyrmbreaker afflicted by Dragon's Vengeance (4) from Nether Scion
Those are within 2 seconds of each other - us releasing 4 of the dragons right off the bat.

Twig

Banned
2San said:
Yes, it's not. And the way the game is designed now means you basically have to leave the zone and go to a new one, instead of explore the zone and find another hub.

Bad design, in other words.

Not that introducing a 3x experience bonus isn't ALSO bad design (but useful (but dumb for new players)).

I don't know why Blizzard just can't give long-time players XP bonuses for simply having a max level character. Heirlooms are nice but still not enough.

Sai-kun said:
Faction changed my Shaman. What race should I go? I was thinking either Troll or Goblin.
Goblins have the best totems.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
J-Rzez said:
Negative. Goblin is the answer.
Eh, I just like the look of the Troll ones better, but it looks like most people prefer the Goblin ones. They're a little too non-descript for my taste, but the detail is definitely there.

Ramirez

Northrend makes leveling come to an absolute grinding halt for me. I have full rested on my mage, and it still feels like I move at a snails pace. Guess it doesn't help that I just did NR again on my fresh hunter a month ago, but man, it really feels like 80-85 is twice as fast as 70-80...

scoobs

Weenerz said:
Trolls have the best racial, the haste buff. Second best would be Orcs with their power buff. IMO.
False. Worgen have without a doubt the best racials. Passive 1% crit and a (now 2 minute on PTR) free sprint is completely out of control for both pvp and pve. Goblin comes in a close 2nd.

cdyhybrid

scoobs said:
False. Worgen have without a doubt the best racials. Passive 1% crit and a (now 2 minute on PTR) free sprint is completely out of control for both pvp and pve. Goblin comes in a close 2nd.

Worgen can't be shamans though :O

J-Rzez

Dance In My Blood said:
Eh, I just like the look of the Troll ones better, but it looks like most people prefer the Goblin ones. They're a little too non-descript for my taste, but the detail is definitely there.

That's why I love them, the detail is incredible, and the theme is obviously there too.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
My female goblin shaman is amazing looking. I got a male Goblin warrior also. Prob will be it for me with goblins.

Female Undead Hunters look awesome.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
2San said:
I don't understand the problem. You're leveling faster thus out leveling content faster. If you use the grant level feature you instantly can get a level 30 to be 60. Should the 60 do level 30 zones? They can, but there's no reason to unless you like it a lot. You are only a few levels higher tho. The 3x quest XP alone is enough to stay in the zone if you like it.

LordAlu

Ramirez said:
Northrend makes leveling come to an absolute grinding halt for me. I have full rested on my mage, and it still feels like I move at a snails pace. Guess it doesn't help that I just did NR again on my fresh hunter a month ago, but man, it really feels like 80-85 is twice as fast as 70-80...
This. I hit Northrend yesterday and it took me a full five hours to get from 68 to 69 and a 1/3rd or so. It feels so slow :(

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
yeah having to do the last two levels before that particular expansion's cap really takes a good deal of time. That being said, in the end I didn't even get to visit every Northrend zone (skipped Zul'Drak), nevermind see every quest chain through to the end.

Northrend sort of became less interesting to me as the zones went on. Howling Fjord is one of my favourite zones in the whole game (it's certainly one of the prettiest, too), Borean Tundra and Schlowater Basin were pretty cool zones that did some nice things and then you have zones like Grizzly Hills and Dragonblight that, while being very worthwhile experiences, just go on and on and on, before you hit Storm Peaks and Ice Crown and are suddenly forced back into an almost but still not quite as bad as Outland scenario where you're completing quests over a large chunk of land that don't really offer much in the way of tangle reward (shitty gear and very little XP). I feel like my enjoyment of SP and IC would have been exponentially higher if they adjusted the XP a little bit, made the curve a little more comfortable.

But in all I enjoyed my time in Northrend much, much more than my time in Outland. Howling Fjord stands up there with the best Old World zones. I'm really looking forward to moving forward with the Cataclysm zones. It's a shame I'm so undergeared, because it's making for slow going in Vashj'ir. I could hit the AH and grab some better gear, but with 4000 gold I'm so damn close to my epic flying mount. I don't want to waste it. Argh! Maybe I'll just go sideways into Mount Hyjal and try my luck there.

Acidote

Rez said:
I know, I know. I've since been told that here, but the wound is deep and unhealing

When I saw the portal to the Blasted Lands inside one of the main buildings of Cenarion Hold, I got it. Go ahead and never look back :p.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Acidote said:
When I saw the portal to the Blasted Lands inside one of the main buildings of Cenarion Hold, I got it. Go ahead and never look back :p.
I'd actually already been to the Blasted Lands and I ended it level 56 (on the doorstep of 57, though) so I needed to spend time getting one more level.

I didn't consult a wiki so even getting there was an ordeal. I ended up swimming around the border or Kalimdor before realising there were no beaches in Silithus. In my frustration I decided to see how far out/deep I could swim, and naturally I died. Luckily I actually respawned inside Silithus, so that was something.

Urgh, god, I don't want to talk about this anymore~

Rokam

Why do people in top guilds have engineering? Are the goggles really that good and irreplacable? Or is it because of the clicky?

mcrae

Rokam said:
Why do people in top guilds have engineering? Are the goggles really that good and irreplacable? Or is it because of the clicky?

right now from a warlock standpoint, the +480 int/12 seconds tinker on gloves is one of the best profession bonuses, coming in 1st or 1nd besides the inscription shoulder enchant.

also the goggles are like, top 5 BIS for my spec

mcrae said:
right now from a warlock standpoint, the +480 int/12 seconds tinker on gloves is one of the best profession bonuses, coming in 1st or 1nd besides the inscription shoulder enchant.

also the goggles are like, top 5 BIS for my spec
I believe tailoring's cloak embroidery (193 avg intellect) and leather-working's bracer enchant (100 average intellect) are the top two profession bonuses for warlocks. Engineering is definitely not bad, as it comes in 3rd with an average of 96 intellect, and it's hard to pass up nitro boots, goggles (epic helm outside of raiding), and parachute cloak. Everything else is around 80 average intellect or worse.

I believe these numbers take into account stat weights, internal cooldowns for procs, and it also takes the difference from what you would have to use on a piece of gear without the said profession.

Rez said:
It's a shame I'm so undergeared, because it's making for slow going in Vashj'ir. I could hit the AH and grab some better gear, but with 4000 gold I'm so damn close to my epic flying mount. I don't want to waste it. Argh! Maybe I'll just go sideways into Mount Hyjal and try my luck there.

I went Hyjal -> Deepholm -> Vash'jir -> Uldum and I'm only about 1/3 into Uldum and at 85 -> Twilight

Alex

Engineering will be the best DPS profession for everyone in the patch, that and it's just a fun profession.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
CF_Fighter said:
I went Hyjal -> Deepholm -> Vash'jir -> Uldum and I'm only about 1/3 into Uldum and at 85 -> Twilight
I'm thinking this might be my plan of attack.

Speaking of Twilight Highlands, I barely hear anyone mention it. How is it?

Hixx

Rez said:

Bit frustrating as some of the quests are buggy and it's definitely the most difficult zone. There are some very, very cool quests though, but if I had to rank them:

Uldum > Twilight Highlands > Deepholm > Mount Hyjal >>>> Vashj'ir.

Vashj'ir sucks even blasting through it as an 85.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
I liked Vashj'ir. When walking on the ground you pretty much walk faster than you do on land. The Seahorse is as fast or faster than a 310% flying mount.

You get a nice Little Mermaid vibe until you get to the gloomy part. I didn't care much for the becoming a Naga chain tho.

dimb

DeathNote said:
What arms spec and glyphs should I have for 80-85 leveling?

This? http://wowtal.com/#k=BOnQlWtp.a8t.warrior.RAPs03
I would take one out of Incite and throw it into Rude Interruption. Also, skip Battle Trance and take Blood Craze, and avoid Imp. Slam at all costs. Consider Drums of War instead.

And I don't get the Vashj'ir dissent. It's the most unique and interesting zone of the expansion to me by far and offers something I consider to be a very nice break from what can be a hohum leveling experience. It's certainly a nice change after the very traditional Wrath zones.

Alex said:
Engineering will be the best DPS profession for everyone in the patch, that and it's just a fun profession.
I'm not trying to disagree with you, but it would help if you could justify your post. I just haven't seen anything in the patch notes that would make it the best profession. How are they changing it?

Tacitus_

Dance In My Blood said:
I would take one out of Incite and throw it into Rude Interruption. Also, skip Battle Trance and take Blood Craze, and avoid Imp. Slam at all costs. Consider Drums of War instead.

And I don't get the Vashj'ir dissent. It's the most unique and interesting zone of the expansion to me by far and offers something I consider to be a very nice break from what can be a hohum leveling experience. It's certainly a nice change after the very traditional Wrath zones.

Eh, Slam is an OK filler talent, but it becomes great after the patch. And tbh, with the crazy amount of healing Victory Rush does, Blood Craze is hardly necessary. If you glyph it for leveling, it heals an absurd amount of your health, something like ~40%.

Deputy Moonman said:
I'm not trying to disagree with you, but it would help if you could justify your post. I just haven't seen anything in the patch notes that would make it the best profession. How are they changing it?

# Synapse Springs now increase Agility, Strength, or Intellect (whichever is highest for the character).

mcrae

Deputy Moonman said:
I believe tailoring's cloak embroidery (193 avg intellect) and leather-working's bracer enchant (100 average intellect) are the top two profession bonuses for warlocks. Engineering is definitely not bad, as it comes in 3rd with an average of 96 intellect, and it's hard to pass up nitro boots, goggles (epic helm outside of raiding), and parachute cloak. Everything else is around 80 average intellect or worse.

I believe these numbers take into account stat weights, internal cooldowns for procs, and it also takes the difference from what you would have to use on a piece of gear without the said profession.

yes, you are right about the tailoring, i had it mixed up with inscription.
the leather-working bonus is debatable, imo. it all depends on whether you want a constant passive stat increase, or a useable active stat increase. even tho eng averages out to 96 int, if you time your rotation so that you're always doing damage when the buff is up, and doing your movement/lifetap/curses/soulfire/whatever when the buff is down, your overall dps is increased. but yeah i definitly need to drop skinning for tailoring

also i think we just pointed out that engineering isnt better than tailoring for int-dependant classes

J-Rzez

Rez said:

Most challenging and diverse (quest wise) zone in the game. Uldum has the edge with "fun" quests (not saying TH's quests are boring, they are quite nice), but TH is a reality check for many people to wake up and pay attention what they're doing. That was the zone where I died the only time while going from 80-85.

TheExodu5

Banned
Alex said:

Are Agi and Str finally getting their own tinkers?

Are they perhaps fixing rocket boots?

Tacitus_ said:
# Synapse Springs now increase Agility, Strength, or Intellect (whichever is highest for the character).

Oh shit! Yes!

Rez said:

Haven't been there, still doing Uldum. I hit 85 about 2 days ago. Been taking it easy since then. Going back to Alts, bank clearing, stuff like that.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Twilight starts kinda slow(with Alliance anyway), where you just help dwarves clans getting together against the Dragonmaw and Twilight Hammer, but the last half is pretty awesome with Old Gods, Cho'gall and Deathwing epic stuff.

I drop whatever I was doing and go to Twilight Highlands the moment I hit 84 on any character I'm leveling. By the time you hit 85 there, you'll be nearly done with the place and most of the quest rewards give you a nice bounce toward ilvl 329 so you can jump very quickly into heroics.

dimb

Bisnic said:
Twilight starts kinda slow(with Alliance anyway), where you just help dwarves clans getting together against the Dragonmaw and Twilight Hammer, but the last half is pretty awesome with Old Gods, Cho'gall and Deathwing epic stuff.
The drinking, the beating up orcs, the mishap weddings, the blimp raids, the gryphon bombardments, the beer runs, clearly you are asking too much of the dwarves. So badass.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
DeathNote said:
What arms spec and glyphs should I have for 80-85 leveling?

This? http://wowtal.com/#k=BOnQlWtp.a8t.warrior.RAPs03
The only functional difference between a leveling arms and leveling dungeon spec is Drums of War. I took drums of war anyways because I liked the free silence more than Second Wind because Second Wind doesn't get much use outside PvP.

I don't agree with the the guy who said to not use Imp. Slam, either.

Slam is useless for Fury, but it isn't really for Arms.

For the record, Arms is just baseline more fun than Fury, it just doesn't do as much DPS.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Angry Grimace said:
The only functional difference between a leveling arms and leveling dungeon spec is Drums of War. I took drums of war anyways because I liked the free silence more than Second Wind because Second Wind doesn't get much use outside PvP.

I don't agree with the the guy who said to not use Imp. Slam, either.

Slam is useless for Fury, but it isn't really for Arms.

For the record, Arms is just baseline more fun than Fury, it just doesn't do as much DPS.
Useless? I got a lot of free/instant slams in Fury with bloodsurge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom