• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
DeathNote said:
Useless? I got a lot of free/instant slams in Fury with bloodsurge.
It does about 3% of your total damage as Fury. The problem is that it hits like a wet noodle and it doesn't have a particularly high proc rate, which is why nerfing Heroic Strike and increasing Slam damage doesn't do anything for Fury but a pretty big nerf.

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
Anyone else having problems with the Blizzard quest helper thing? It keeps bugging out and messing up. If I logout and back in it fixes itself...then breaks soon after. It's really annoying.

Rapstah

NameGenerated said:
Anyone else having problems with the Blizzard quest helper thing? It keeps bugging out and messing up. If I logout and back in it fixes itself...then breaks soon after. It's really annoying.
Well in what way does it break?

I also re-specced to Holy for my secondary spec on my primarily Disc priest, and on a first glance (healing myself and looking at obvious numbers while also looking at mana drain) it's so much better it's ridicolous. I get four times the AOE heals, pretty much twice as much single target healing and only slightly less shitty shields as Holy. I'll almost make this my main spec...

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
Everything (all progress counting+blue zones where the quest stuff is) just freezes and stays on the screen no matter what zone you are zoomed in on. Plus it makes the map lag about a second when I hit M before it comes up. It was doing it constantly in Ashenvale, but I moved to Desolace and it seemed to stop.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
It's a confirmed bug in Ashenvale. Horde for sure maybe Alliance. Other than that , I experienced a few minor problems. Ashvenvale was extreme.

There's also apparently a confirmed bug in Desolace. Where if you have a Vanilla account you get logged out and cannot log in because it can't display something correctly in a certain place.

-PXG-

I just got 61 with my DK. Obliterate is so good, especially when you max out Annihilation and Rime. It's so beast it's almost stupid.

Fugu

So far, Outland hasn't been significantly slower for me than, say, 50-60. 60 -> 61 took me like an hour and a half of play time.

Rokam

Fugu said:
http://thottbot.com/quest=10916
This quest is the worst quest that exists in this game and probably any other game for that matter. Not only is there no possible enjoyment to be derived from it, it's also not worth much experience.

Spoiler alert: You can just go behind the inn and loot the beads, don't have to start the event with the dog. Now you feel bad.

Fugu

Rokam said:
Spoiler alert: You can just go behind the inn and loot the beads, don't have to start the event with the dog. Now you feel bad.
That was true prior to Cataclysm but it's not any more. The dirt disappears a few minutes after the dog parades around.

Rokam

I did it just last week, nothing has changed. You don't even start the dog up. The dirt pile is always there. Perhaps it does that if you start the doggy up though. But I agree before I knew that I fucking hate that stupid Fei Fei.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Got my Alchemy to 525 today and decided to start on my Truegold procs since I had the mats saved up on my warrior:

oKaBT.jpg

Angry Grimace

etiolate said:
This is where I bitch that a mutilate rogue rolled need on the heroic hammer that drops off of Siamet.
Can I bitch about the Healadin that rolled need on the legs off of Asaad?

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Did I miss something in Hyjal?

In Vashj'ir it always sent me to the next hub.

In Hyjal I did all of the green, got sent to Sethria's Roost, finished the stupid egg wave jousting for the pet and don't see any more quests in Shrine of Aviana.

I'm at 74/115.

Edit: nevermind. I missed the saving the bear cubs in the tree quest.

BTW, that jousting chain is shit.

etiolate

Banned
The afk + botters problem in BGs is out of hand. I just had a Twin Peaks where 4 out of the 10 ally players were afking or bots. There were also bots on horde side. At one point I had two bots following me, one horde and one ally. The horde bot was a Shaman that just walked up to me and melee hit me, the other was a feral druid that repeatedly cast life bloom on me. I just stood there taking like melee hits from a caster weapon and then lifeblooms from the other bot. It was endless.

And reporting them does nothing. We had one afker who didn't even bother to rez, just laid on the floor of the flag room AFK for 20 minutes before the system boot him.

And somehow we still won this afker battle.

Got a quick question, started playing WoW again, I'm currently on a BC account. I saw I can buy WOTLK and Cata at the same time in the digital versions off the WoW site and get a 15% off. If I buy this package deal will I get 2 free months of play?

Dexa

Banned
bucknuticus said:
Got a quick question, started playing WoW again, I'm currently on a BC account. I saw I can buy WOTLK and Cata at the same time in the digital versions off the WoW site and get a 15% off. If I buy this package deal will I get 2 free months of play?
nope

Rokam

Not sure if there any hardcore pvpers here, but I'm looking for some advice. I've never really PvPed that much, and I want to try and get into it. So I've started a warlock (Affliction) because it's a spec/class I enjoy. But I have no clue what professions to do for it. Also can you not dispel debuffs off yourself/teammates with Fel Hunter anymore?

Rokam said:
Not sure if there any hardcore pvpers here, but I'm looking for some advice. I've never really PvPed that much, and I want to try and get into it. So I've started a warlock (Affliction) because it's a spec/class I enjoy. But I have no clue what professions to do for it. Also can you not dispel debuffs off yourself/teammates with Fel Hunter anymore?

PvP is easier than ever to get into. I just started arenas with Cataclysm and have been enjoying myself.

I don't recall if the Fel Hunter ever did friendly dispels (though Warlock is one of the few classes I haven't played much).

Professions don't really matter as long as they are "raiding" professions with good stat bonuses. Engineering is usually a PvP favorite because of utility.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
it's so weird to be in zones that are actually reasonably populated. Moving into Vash'jir and now Mount Hyjal (decided to come back to Vash later), it's hilarious to realise all this time played and it's only now I'm constantly running into people doing the same quests as me.

Rez said:
it's so weird to be in zones that are actually reasonably populated. Moving into Vash'jir and now Mount Hyjal (decided to come back to Vash later), it's hilarious to realise all this time played and it's only now I'm constantly running into people doing the same quests as me.

Day 1 I caught up with a guildie and we did all (or almost all) of Deepholm together. Was pretty epic and not something you get to experience often.

Rez said:

There's ALOT more people there than you can see too.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
whoo-hoo! saved up enough for the level 70 epic flying mount license, finally.

now for the level 80 one? is there any point to it? does it just make them go faster?

I suppose all the big impressive flying mounts are hard to acquire?

I only need 1 thing from heroics now and I've just been queuing and if I get a group comp that I don't like or has classes that would roll against me I tell them to kick me. I /afk and they do it and just re-queue :) Great system

Got Headed South today finally after only getting it for two group members last time we got it right. Only need Son of A... left for the drake.

Headed South is probably the most difficult of all the heroic achieves and getting it for more than 2-3 people at a time makes the healing pretty intensive. We two healed it this last time though, vs. the first time where 2 people got it, which was one healed.

Son of A.. we tried today and missed it by about a second or two even with 5 dps (two armies). I did over 18k on that fight so not my fault -.-

Other than that, got accepted into a 25-man guild on my server which I applied to Friday. Will probably move my character there Tuesday, even though they raid on Mondays as well since I want to at least hear the Vent of one raid to get a feel for the atmosphere, unless they absolutely require me to switch.

Twig

Banned
Good lord. My guild started spam inviting today and our XP went from almost none for the week to almost capped by the time I logged off. It's been almost 8 hours since then, so no doubt the cap was reached.

On the one hand, bleh, spam invites. I hate them. On the other, guild level now pretty much guaranteed to increase at the fastest rate possible. And we went from a regular core group of 5 or so people, with another 5 playing regularly but more casually to... over 100 active members when I logged off. X:

I wasn't exaggerating when I said spam invites. Thank god we can always kick the people who don't work out (we did/do) and, hell, we might even get some good new solid members in the meantime. Although only one of them has actually joined our Vent server, which is kind of sad. Amazing how anti-social people playing a multiplayer game can be, even in a guild.

...We're almost level 7!

I still feel really fucking dirty about it, though. Eurgh. But since Blizzard apparently hates small guilds... C'est la vie.

gah, finally got Ascendant Council tonight after like 3 hours of working on it. I dunno if it's just the amount of rng in the fight or what, but we've never had TWO .5% wipes before on the same encounter, much less on the same night. That puts us at 10/12 for cata, leaving only nef and cho'gall. If we can finish these two fights off, we'll be ready to start heroics. Big fish, small pond syndrome, but we're tied for Horde first, and if we can down even one heroic encounter, we'll be server leaders.

Props to blizz for making progression actually mean something again.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Mount Hyjal has been so, so good, quest-wise. I had forgotten how good some of the new Old World quests were, and these remind of them, but they're even better because I'm a much better player now. I've been reading the logs here, too, and have been really enjoying slowly taking back the mountain. Fantastic stuff.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Rez said:
Mount Hyjal has been so, so good, quest-wise. I had forgotten how good some of the new Old World quests were, and these remind of them, but they're even better because I'm a much better player now. I've been reading the logs here, too, and have been really enjoying slowly taking back the mountain. Fantastic stuff.

Really? Other than the very end of the quest line, I found it incredibly INCREDIBLY boring. Vashj'ir is vastly superior in quests, Uldum has a greater variety of quests, and Twilight Highlands is way more epic. Even Deepholm had some hilarious quests.

Hyjal felt like the red headed step child of Cataclysm to me. Jousting is boring and unfun, a LOT of the quests were fetch quests, and I found the zone in general to be rather boring.

Twig said:
Good lord. My guild started spam inviting today and our XP went from almost none for the week to almost capped by the time I logged off. It's been almost 8 hours since then, so no doubt the cap was reached.

On the one hand, bleh, spam invites. I hate them. On the other, guild level now pretty much guaranteed to increase at the fastest rate possible. And we went from a regular core group of 5 or so people, with another 5 playing regularly but more casually to... over 100 active members when I logged off. X:

I wasn't exaggerating when I said spam invites. Thank god we can always kick the people who don't work out (we did/do) and, hell, we might even get some good new solid members in the meantime. Although only one of them has actually joined our Vent server, which is kind of sad. Amazing how anti-social people playing a multiplayer game can be, even in a guild.

...We're almost level 7!

I still feel really fucking dirty about it, though. Eurgh. But since Blizzard apparently hates small guilds... C'est la vie.

That sucks, man. I'm thankful to be in a pretty large guild of very cool tight-knit folks. We're about to hit glvl 13, and we're doing raids and heroic dungeons together. We are basically what Blizzard intended with glvl exp and guild perks.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
The worse thing about Mount Hyjal is the ugly shade of WOW-green that Blizzard love so much, but otherwise I thought the slow push forward through the zone, the goal of freeing the ancients and slowly taking back the land was enough to keep the forward momentum up. There were a lot of 'kill X' or 'gather Y' quests, but they were short and uncomplicated, and usually had some sort of twist to them that either made them funny or otherwise entertaining. I guess I've just really appreciated the more directed progression through the zone, it makes it feel like less like an MMO trying to support a single-player story within itself and more like a single-player experience with a fully equipped MMO architecture. I mean, it's all a magic trick, because it still very much an MMO with all the limitations an that come with it, but I thought it did a really good job of mixing the two together in a pretty organic, fun way.

I just finished the twilight encampment stuff, which was probably the best disguise quest-chain I've played it the game. The finale looks like it's going to be cool.

The jousting sucked for me because I play with a relatively high ping, and it just wasn't responsive enough.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
the end boss in Hyjal was really awesome. I'm so glad I got a taste of something like that during solo play.

Now to continue to Deepholm or to return to Vash... hmm...

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Rez said:
the end boss in Hyjal was really awesome. I'm so glad I got a taste of something like that during solo play.

Now to continue to Deepholm or to return to Vash... hmm...

Don't go to Vash, you wont even find upgrades from the quests in there compared to Deepholm.

Just go back there once you are 85 and are finished with Twilight Highlands. You'll have better gear, you'll easily kill the mobs, and the huge zone that is Vashjir will be over faster. The zone is very pretty and have an epic end, but i wouldn't suggest doing both Hyjal & Vashjir at early 80.

Naeblish

I switched from my new Worgen lvl 71 rogue back to my old Undead lvl 80 dk. Leveling suddenly went so extremely slow in Nothrend (compared to Outland) and i didn't have the motivation to go through that all again.

Now lvl 82 and just finished Hyjal, it was an ok zone. Quests were nothing special (although i feel like a fucking blizzard puppet if they have me saving bunnies and baby bears...), but the quest flow was really good. What i don't get is that Blizzard still doesn't understand that the whole concept of "your the hero that's going to save the world" has absolutely no place in mmo's. Killing
Ragnaros
at the end of Hyjal did nothing for me, it came off really lame.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
After the Horde Twilight Highlands intro, where does it send you?

I remember it sending me north along the shore for "Shells on the Sea Shore" and "Blood in the Surf" and then there was another place.

I thought there was another random place. Or maybe it was Bloodgulch?

Edit: Oh wait, The Southern Flank.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Naeblish said:
I switched from my new Worgen lvl 71 rogue back to my old Undead lvl 80 dk. Leveling suddenly went so extremely slow in Nothrend (compared to Outland) and i didn't have the motivation to go through that all again.

Now lvl 82 and just finished Hyjal, it was an ok zone. Quests were nothing special (although i feel like a fucking blizzard puppet if they have me saving bunnies and baby bears...), but the quest flow was really good. What i don't get is that Blizzard still doesn't understand that the whole concept of "your the hero that's going to save the world" has absolutely no place in mmo's. Killing
Ragnaros
at the end of Hyjal did nothing for me, it came off really lame.
After leveling a DK and Warrior, I don't like rogue leveling at all. I leveled an old 70 alt to 78. Stealth intros are way to slow and I don't like the feel of combat leveling compared to the other two classes.

Dunlop

Angry Grimace said:
Got my Alchemy to 525 today and decided to start on my Truegold procs since I had the mats saved up on my warrior:

oKaBT.jpg

That happened to me...when they were selling at almost 5k each ; )
I just purchased one a couple of days ago to make my engineering helm for 500g

of course I went buy happing with gear and then leveled engineering so I am back to my usual spot of being poor :p

Dunlop said:
That happened to me...when they were selling at almost 5k each ; )
I just purchased one a couple of days ago to make my engineering helm for 500g

of course I went buy happing with gear and then leveled engineering so I am back to my usual spot of being poor :p

The most I've gotten was a x2 which I've only gotten once and I've done the transmute about 20 times. Sure would have been nice to get it on week 1.

Ah well, I'll almost double my fortune anyway since I have 19 maelstrom crystals left and the prices have rebounded to about 2800g on my server, which I expect to push up to 3000g or more once other people run out of supply.

thefil

I think I'll start posting in this thread now.

I'm 80% to 85 now on my first ever tank character (paladin), and I don't see myself going back to archetypes soon. I just like the feeling of being invincible and beating things in with shields a little too much. Tried to level a mage alt and just wasn't having fun when my only goal was "maximize damage". My goblin warrior at level 13 is already way more fun to play than my mage at level 30. Think I'll start a DK soon as well. Plate armor 4 Life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom