• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex

Elemental Shaman won't really be buffed until they find methods to improve their mobility and AoE. They're already fine in single target turret mode. Enhancement has even worse problems with AoE and it's a massive determent to hard mode content currently since every fight requires high mobility or high AoE or both. I'm pretty disappointed that nothing is being done for either so far.

Should just make Quake baseline and non-channeled and replace Chain Lightning with Forked Lightning.

Rez said:
2. Why do people all congregate in Orgimmar and Stormwind over the Undercity and whatever that Kalimdor equivalent for the Alliance is?

Nowadays it's because of the zone portals, but it used to be because only those cities had Auction Houses, and even after they added those to other cities the main capitals kept on chugging along pretty much purely on inertia.

Weenerz said:
Glad to see elemental shaman are getting buffed. Oh wait. Is that a buff?

Yes.

Alex said:
Elemental Shaman won't really be buffed until they find methods to improve their mobility and AoE.

Like the other two Shaman specs, Elemental needs a huge mechanical redesign.

Alex

charlequin said:
Nowadays it's because of the zone portals, but it used to be because only those cities had Auction Houses, and even after they added those to other cities the main capitals kept on chugging along pretty much purely on inertia.

Yes.

Like the other two Shaman specs, Elemental needs a huge mechanical redesign.

Basically, daydreaming up solutions to problems isn't even hard for Shaman since they're all pretty obvious:

1.) Quake baseline and non-channeled
2.) Chain Lit turned into Forked Lit (Classical WC ability, works like modern multishot)
3.) New 31 point Elemental lets Lit Bolt be cast while moving
4.) Spirit Walkers Grace changed to reduce damage taken by 30% and prevent snare/roots for 8 seconds.
5.) With SWG change, Shamanistic Rage removed
6.) Earthen Armor talent added in Resto to let Earth Shield reduce damage taken by 40% on a target other than yourself for 8 seconds.
7.) Mana Tide nerfed to 400% for you, 200% for anyone else
8.) Talent for Healing Rain to be instant after any three single target heals
9.) Chain Heal range and throughput greatly buffed, cost increased
10.) Reincarnation altered to work like Rebirth (it already eats a combat res usage for some fucking reason)
11.) Stoneclaw Glyph nerfed but made to scale

Course with all of this, they would still need to go over basically the whole totem system because archaic and marginalized dont even begin to describe it. Seriously, Shaman is a really half-baked class at the moment. With Chain Heal and Heroism knifed down, all those years of basically not laying a finger on the class are now shining through.

zugzug

Azwethinkweiz said:
Yeah I'm finding it very difficult to find a guild where I can jump in and not be a bench player. My tanking gear is at 350 ilvl but when you only need 2 tanks for both 10 and 25 man, it's tough to find open spots.

It is funny people warned blizzard to get away from 2 tanks only needed for raids but Blizzard is so fucking smart *cough* they stuck with 2 tanks only.

Alex said:
Basically, daydreaming up solutions to problems isn't even hard for Shaman since they're all pretty obvious:

Course with all of this, they would still need to go over basically the whole totem system because archaic and marginalized dont even begin to describe it.

Yup.

I've actually been talking about this with a friend for a few weeks now. I think, at a core level, you have one core class problem with totems and then at least one major design issue with jankiness or non-dynamic play in each spec. They're still operating on what's basically late vanilla (or, being generous, mid-TBC) design and every spec would have to look markedly different to rise to the level of the other classes.

Songbird

Prodigal Son
Thank god, I've finally built this gosh dang flying machine! Mining for earth and fire motes got really dull so I got lazy and bought ingredients from the auction house. Hopefully I'll make back the gold and much more with the ore, bars and gems I've found.

etiolate

Banned
They did the same thing to Elemental with Wrath. Ignored the issues people brought up and kept throwing in little tweaks over and over. The spec only getting brought up to speed at the end of wotlk, at which point it felt kind of meaningless.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Tits. I have 3 high level melee classes. I was thinking about leveling my 60 shaman up so I'd have a range to bank on if I ran into raid melee issues. Guess that's a bad idea.

Twig

Banned
Tideas said:
am i playing a lock wrong? for some reason, rogues are owning me in BG>
Found your problem.

EDIT: More seriously, rogues, to the best of my understanding, eat up clothies. I've never played a rogue OR a clothy, but all my rogue and clothy friends tell me this is true!

This cannot be said enough: World of Warcraft is not balanced for 1v1.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Just finished heroic Grim Batol with a pug finally, and got the achievement for not letting a single add cast their spell on eggs at the same time lol.

The last boss of heroic Grim Batol can be quite hard if you dont have 2 classes with slow effects AND good dps. Yay for frosbolts and instant frostfires for slows, and still managed to do 12k DPS! (note im just at 347 item lvl, so you people in T11 who do 16k DPS, shh :p)

Twig

Banned
-PXG- said:
Yep...

Rouge players = assholes. Shit is plain stupid. You can't do a damn thing about it.
ROUGE

ROUGE

ROUGE

how do people still do that stillll

Anyway, rogues are easy to handle if you're a warrior. :3 I'm sure paladins handle 'em pretty well, too.

Also, maybe it's a problem now, but I consistently destroyed them as a hunter during TBC.

I'd quote myself, but, well, you know...

Alex said:
Druid (Forums / Cataclysm Talent Calculator / Beta Skills/Talents)
Rejuvenation is now trained at level 3, down from level 8. In addition, its mana cost is now 20% of base mana.

What is with this? Rejuvanation costs 20% of your mana? Am I missing something here?

etiolate

Banned
DeathNote said:
Tits. I have 3 high level melee classes. I was thinking about leveling my 60 shaman up so I'd have a range to bank on if I ran into raid melee issues. Guess that's a bad idea.

That is why I am leveling a Warlock. They never seem to be completely fubarred.

Won

The shaman talk in here always depresses me. Want to level one up, so I can get some more raiding in. (No one wants a melee :( ) You guys make it sound like it's a bad idea. :D

scoobs

woot! Got the white hawk strider from magisters terrace finally :) Still doing daily farming of Raven mount, Rivendare, Blue proto drake... you'd think after 3 months I'd get the raven mount but NOPE

Brofist

-PXG- said:
Yep...

Rouge players = assholes. Shit is plain stupid. You can't do a damn thing about it.
Using your available tools to beat someone = asshole? Ever since CoS no decent Rogue should ever lose to a lock 1 on 1. Just how it is.

scoobs said:
woot! Got the white hawk strider from magisters terrace finally :) Still doing daily farming of Raven mount, Rivendare, Blue proto drake... you'd think after 3 months I'd get the raven mount but NOPE

The Raven Lord is pretty glorious. I got my this week after about a 30 attempts (approx. - I would always kill the end boss too as a tracker, but I know I killed him some times before I was able to farm the mount.) I was super excited, but it was slightly less awesome since they almost always give you one with pre-mades on the PTR. Still, it's my current favorite ground mount even though I have the Zulian Tiger as well to ride (as Horde.)

As for my current favorite flying mount?

Well....

:D

Sorry it's ginormous, but it's at my display resolution.

psYXW.jpg

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Oh current favorite flying mount.

I was about to say Ashes and Mimiron's Head stomps all over any dragon, but you obviously have a favorite based on what you have a chance of getting and or got.

Mine would be the TB flying mount.

Not sure what color pattern I like the best between the new ones.

Trasher

Al'Akir is no joke. We got him to phase three just once tonight. The hardest part for us right now is trying to figure out dps for the adds in order to keep the debuff up. Any tips? I've read that it's a good idea to let three spawn before killing any, but then how quickly should you kill the next ones? We always seemed to kill them too fast so that by our 6th or 7th stack it was impossible to keep the debuff from falling off.

DeathNote said:
Oh current favorite flying mount.

I was about to say Ashes and Mimiron's Head stomps all over any dragon, but you obviously have a favorite based on what you have a chance of getting and or got.

Mine would be the TB flying mount.

Not sure what color pattern I like the best between the new ones.

Ashes is great but still so rare. Only seen one guy on my server with it. Mimiron's head I was never a huge fan of.

I do like Invincible, but since it's drop rate was lowered, the chance of me getting (or even seeing) it on my server is low as well - I don't think anyone on my current server ever did get HC LK 25.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
HALLELUJAH!

4.0.6 is going to add in 30 JP for each lvl 85 boss killed in Halls, Tol'vir and GB, along with a random normal JP boost from 70 to 140.

God damn, this make me happy.

charlequin said:

IF had the Alliance AH. Now that SW has one as well, no one goes to IF anymore. Not really sure why. I like the design of IF a lot more.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
I remember all cities having auction houses in late 2005, but I guess they were were added in Jan 2006.

Were SW and Org the only cities that displayed Ony's head?

Acidote

DeathNote said:
Were SW and Org the only cities that displayed Ony's head?

yup

As soon as the new cities were released, I set my stone on the dwarven district of SW. Vendors & blacksmith pretty close. Closer portals and less crowded bank/auction house.

Naeblish

I'm currently doing dungeons with the Wyrmrest tabard to get the Red drake, but i would also like a proto, wind or stone-drake. Is the green proto-drake the easiest of those to get (revered with the oracles, then get lucky with the egg every 3 days) ?

4% was the best we got on Cho'Gall last night. We got phase one down now, we just need a bit more phase two experience. We'll definitely get him down this week.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Vash has been pretty good. I started Deepholm but backed out really early on to tackle Vash instead, while there might have been some hint of a challenge there. It's a bit chunky so far -- I just moved into the Abyssal Depths, the submarine design was fucking ace -- I mean, there's lots of blatant kill X quests. Well, Mount Hyjal had plenty too, but I always felt like they had a bit of flavour to them, or they were coupled with another quest that usually involved killing that many enemies anyway. That being said, it's still, easily, up there with the most interesting zones in the game. So far the Cata content has been a gigantic step up over everything that preceded it.

It has been interested actually experiencing the lessons Blizzard have learnt over the years as I moved from Outland, Northrend and finally into these new zones. I much prefer playing with a smaller level cap rise and slightly less zones but much higher production values and more interesting over-arching narratives in each zone. I think it's giving each zone more of a feeling of significance, versus having loads more in Northrend and making the middle zones feel like stepping stones to something greater. Each zone here feels significant and different from one another, the levelling is almost secondary to that for someone like me, who plays casually.

Oh, and while I'm at it, the Maelstrom and the fly-down into Deepholm was so damn cool.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Been disappointed with 90% of the in game cinematics. In Twilight Highlands for example, Deathwing and the other Dragon hugging in the air while you kill dragons. In Uldum that NPC jumping up on the statue, sticking a rope on it, then jumping down and leveling it. Horrible. Horrible. Horrible. Can't think of all the other lame stuff off the top of my head.

DeathNote said:
Been disappointed with 90% of the in game cinematics. In Twilight Highlands for example, Deathwing and the other Dragon hugging in the air while you kill dragons. In Uldum that NPC jumping up on the statue, sticking a rope on it, then jumping down and leveling it. Horrible. Horrible. Horrible. Can't think of all the other lame stuff off the top of my head.

oh come on. it was hilarious

Bisnic

DeathNote said:

I'm not sure what you were expecting with them doing cutscenes with a 6 years old engine. If all the cutscenes were like the worgen and goblin ones in their starting zones, the game would have been delayed. And i'm sure you didn't wanted to do ICC for another couple of months.

Twig

Banned
They could always just stop fucking doing these shitty-ass things. If it's not going to be good, why bother? Isn't that Blizzard's mantra? Horrible.
Fisticuffs said:
oh come on. it was hilarious
In that Sci-Fi Originals kind of way, sure. Although less in the intentionally bad, somewhat clever way, and more in the just plain goddamn horrible oh god why do you even BOTHER with this shit you morons.

Sorry, I mean SyFy.

God, I still fucking hate that.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
yeah, I don't really get why they stuck with Org and Storm only for cata portals. To the guy asking, yes TB, UC, IF, etc are all viable to get your stuff done day to day. But Org and Storm have:

Cata portals
Fishing and cooking dailies
Justice and Valor vendors
Honor and Conquest vendors

Pre-cata Dalaran was the hub for LK and Shat was the hub for BC. Blizz said they wanted to move the hub back to the real capital cities, but apparently just Org and Storm.

Even worse is that the Heirloom vendor is still in Dalaran. So as you approach the 4K JP cap and you have every last possible 346 you need, you're going to have to either cap out or eventually make your way over to Dalaran to buy heirlooms. Fortunately I'm a mage, so stuff like that doesn't affect me (hell, I was psyched when I found out I coudl set my hearthstone to the flight path right next to blackrock!!!)

Did Maloriak with a different 10man last night. We had the alternating vial phases down perfectly. But the OT simply couldn't handle the adds. The OT the night previous was handling 9 adds just fine but our paly last night was usually dying by the second green phase. booo-urns. problem I was reading is that you really need to limit it to two green phases total as he will enrage shortly before a third green phase (to clearly stop raids from just doing 3 or 6 adds per green phase for 4-9 green phases)

Bisnic

borghe said:
yeah, I don't really get why they stuck with Org and Storm only for cata portals. To the guy asking, yes TB, UC, IF, etc are all viable to get your stuff done day to day. But Org and Storm have:

Cata portals
Fishing and cooking dailies
Justice and Valor vendors
Honor and Conquest vendors

Pre-cata Dalaran was the hub for LK and Shat was the hub for BC. Blizz said they wanted to move the hub back to the real capital cities, but apparently just Org and Storm.

Even worse is that the Heirloom vendor is still in Dalaran. So as you approach the 4K JP cap and you have every last possible 346 you need, you're going to have to either cap out or eventually make your way over to Dalaran to buy heirlooms. Fortunately I'm a mage, so stuff like that doesn't affect me (hell, I was psyched when I found out I coudl set my hearthstone to the flight path right next to blackrock!!!)

Isn't there a ring sold in Dalaran that can teleport you there? Or even that Argent Tournament tabard if you don't like waiting for a boat or zep? But i agree, i wish they would put fishing & cookie dailies, Cata portals, and JP/VP vendors in every capital cities. Ironforge is such a dead town now, maybe 10-12 people at most, and let's not mention Darnassus or even lolExodar.

Also, WTB Ink Trader outside of Northrend.

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
Bisnic said:
Isn't there a ring sold in Dalaran that can teleport you there? Or even that Argent Tournament tabard if you don't like waiting for a boat or zep?
what, really? what are they called and where do you get them?

Dunlop

Acidote said:
yup

As soon as the new cities were released, I set my stone on the dwarven district of SW. Vendors & blacksmith pretty close. Closer portals and less crowded bank/auction house.

when I levelelled engineering last week I kept going to the other AH in the trade district even thought there was one about 2 feet away...it was like a permament brain fart

Flib

Feral druids are really good at soloing old content, because savage defense heals them automatically. Plus, things like the inherent magic damage reduction are great.

borghe

Bisnic said:
Isn't there a ring sold in Dalaran that can teleport you there? Or even that Argent Tournament tabard if you don't like waiting for a boat or zep?
no idea. like I said, I'm a mage :p I know TB has a tabard to port you there.

oh, and for all of the good samaritan heroics talk on the last page, I've done my good deed for the day and I'm freaking done being accommodating in heroics for a while. So I get into a BRC random. We start moving and I simply say "is tank marking CC or are we marking our own?" Tank responds with "don't need to CC". Look... Tank is a lot of 359's, healer is a lot of 359's, both are guilded. freaking. sweet! Ok, let's go. Faceroll the trash all the way up to the first boss. Like 3/4 of the way through the fight (which was going for record kill according to DBM, which is saying a lot) the freaking tank says "Lay off DPS, going for achievement". ummmm... would have been nice to know before we got the ogre under 1M HP. At this point I stop and pretty much everyone does, but just dots and stuff alone are taking this guy under 300K. So someone opens up on it and like 5 seconds later it's dead. Tank is pissed so he drops. Healer sticks around. New tank comes in. We get to Corla no problem. Everyone goes to take a beam. Healer doesn't want to take the beam, asks rogue to. Rogue doesn't want to take the beam, says he's on interrupts. Tank says he has interrupts and tells the rogue to take the beam. Rogue says he doesn't want to take the beam. Tank says he's pulling and if we wipe he's dropping. Tank pulls, zealot evolves, we wipe. tank drops. Healer drops. DPS (not rogue) drops... fuck... wait like 3-4mins. During this time I inspect the rogue. mother. fucker. he is in about half greens, including multiple 272 greens. he has no heroics and only like 2-3 333's. He seriously must have a full god damn bag filled with PvP craftables or something. At this point though I can't kick him or I will be back to a 30min queue for dungeon finder, so then another group comes in... well... they must have done what I just did.. inspect him and instantly drop. so then he says "wtf? this is ridiculous" and I say "umm.. sorry, but your gear sucks. I don't know how you are in here but you have 272's and 318's mainly equipped. Your equipped ilevel is definitely not 329" to which he replies "fuck you shithead. how about doing some damage" and drops.

oh, my recount was 13.5K. the first other DPS we were with was 11K. The "272" rogue's DPS was 5.7K.

TimeKillr

Bisnic said:
Just finished heroic Grim Batol with a pug finally, and got the achievement for not letting a single add cast their spell on eggs at the same time lol.

The last boss of heroic Grim Batol can be quite hard if you dont have 2 classes with slow effects AND good dps. Yay for frosbolts and instant frostfires for slows, and still managed to do 12k DPS! (note im just at 347 item lvl, so you people in T11 who do 16k DPS, shh :p)

It's not that bad, really.

And you're a DK DPS, you should be 2h unholy at your gearscore, and you have the insane snare on plague/scourge strikes, which makes this encounter total cake. :)

I've had MUCH more problem on Throngus with pugs - the shield phase eats up most idiots who don't know how to move.

Effect

A few authenticator questions. I have the iPod Touch/iPhone version but looking to get a physical one in case my iPod Touch ever breaks. I don't plan on getting a new one if it does so I think I should be prepared now and just make the change. The thing will most likely become a permanent fixture on my desk after that.

1. I figure they can be bought from Blizzard's website but how much is the cost? Can't access their website at the moment.

2. What kind of batteries does it take?

3. If the batteries die, does the device still work as intended when they are replaced? Is the original code still apart of the device when you start it back up or are there issues with this?

Thanks.

Bisnic

Scrow said:
what, really? what are they called and where do you get them?

http://www.wowhead.com/item=40585

The only problem is their price. Do you think a hearthstone to Dalaran is worth 8.5k gold(6.8k at exalted Kirin Tor)?

And the tabard : http://www.wowhead.com/item=46874

50 champion seals is much cheaper, and the Tournament itself is only 2 mins away from Dalaran. :)

TimeKillr said:
It's not that bad, really.

And you're a DK DPS, you should be 2h unholy at your gearscore, and you have the insane snare on plague/scourge strikes, which makes this encounter total cake. :)

I've had MUCH more problem on Throngus with pugs - the shield phase eats up most idiots who don't know how to move.

DK DPS? I think you missed the part where i mentioned Frostbolt & Frostfire lol.

Wizman23

Banned
Effect said:
A few authenticator questions. I have the iPod Touch/iPhone version but looking to get a physical one in case my iPod Touch ever breaks. I don't plan on getting a new one if it does so I think I should be prepared now and just make the change. The thing will most likely become a permanent fixture on my desk after that.

1. I figure they can be bought from Blizzard's website but how much is the cost? Can't access their website at the moment.

2. What kind of batteries does it take?

3. If the batteries die, does the device still work as intended when they are replaced? Is the original code still apart of the device when you start it back up or are there issues with this?

Thanks.
If you have it on your phone I don't see the point in getting a physical one unless you like to treat your iphone/itouch like a ragdoll.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
If you figure getting a music player is inevitable I say buy that instead and leave your iPod as a permanent desk fixture. Buying the standalone one seems totally pointless.

borghe

Effect said:
A few authenticator questions. I have the iPod Touch/iPhone version but looking to get a physical one in case my iPod Touch ever breaks.
write your serial number down from your ipod authenticator. If your ipod ever breaks, call blizzard and give them the serial number and they will remove it from your account. it's seriously that easy.

here's a quick list for people who don't want to use the authenticator or don't really know about it:

a) if you get it for your iphone or android, it's free. free. FREE! You can also use the dial-in authenticator which is ALSO free. Seriously folks, there are THREE completely FREE ways to get an authenticator.

b) for $6 you can order one from blizzard (free shipping in the US).

c) for around $3 (I think) you can get a mobile authenticator for the vast majority of feature phones out there. if you can buy and play stupid cell phone games from your carrier, you can probably get the mobile authenticator for $3 or so.

c) to remove an authenticator from your account, all you need to do is give blizzard the serial number. If it's a physical authenticator it's right there. If it's a mobile authenticator, remember remember remember to write down the serial number after you install it. If you ever have to reinstall or restore it for whatever reason, that serial number will change and you'll have to get the old one removed from your account. So PLEASE remember to write down your serial numbers and keep it somewhere.

d) the upside to a physical authenticator is that the software will never crash and the device it's on will probably never get blown away. the upside to a mobile authenticator (especially on iphone and android) is that more than likely you will always have it on you at all times no matter where you go. the upside to the dial-in authenticator is that you don't have to have any device on you ever.

e) I don't care how careful you are. I don't care how long you've been in IT or what kind of network security work you do for a living. I don't care that you keep your computer loaded with malware scanners and you scan every piece of software you download. A blizzard authenticator is like a seat belt. Whatever reason you have for not using one is WRONG! You are either lazy or stupid so fix it before something really bad happens to you (gee.. really just like a seat belt)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom