• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

No45

A quick question. I'm levelling Enchanting with my Mage (I get bored of gathering TOO much) and wanted to look at making some money if I can. I hit 300 last night so thought now might be the time to look at what heirloom enchants are in demand and try and find the recipes for them.

Problem is I can't find a comprehensive list of the wanted enchants for heirloom items (pre-60 obviously). I have Lifestealing, which I thought might be OK, any know what others I should be looking to get? Ta. :)

EDIT: Clearly I Googled poorly last time. Just found this, anyone think this is a decent place to start?

Flib

Tried 2 attempts on Atramedes last night, didn't seem like that bad of a fight. Got him to 80% on the first pull, then 52% on the second (this was everyone's first time on it). Pretty sure we'll be able to down him this week.

Alex said:
I've got total Dragon exhaustion. Hippogryph and the Engy mounts are my favs.

The drakes are cooler than the dragons (no stupid pineapples) and the stone drakes are cooler than the regular drakes, but pretty much everything else is cooler than them. Whenever I'm in Org there are like thirty thousand ginormous dragons everywhere and they all just kind of blur together, whereas every single time I see a dude on a Cenarion Hippogryph or Red Nether Ray I stop and look.

borghe said:
yeah, I don't really get why they stuck with Org and Storm only for cata portals.

Yeah, it's kinda weird. Back in the day UC managed to get at least a bit of traffic by virtue of being on the other continent but TB has always been a ghost town -- Darnassus even more so on Alliance side. It seems a bit weird to go back to the old status quo where there's no reason to ever go to these cities.

(And of course, the BC capitals are complete non-starters until they fucking let you fly there. Dear lord.)

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
charlequin said:
(And of course, the BC capitals are complete non-starters until they fucking let you fly there. Dear lord.)
my guess is that they simply didn't "flip on the switch" for flying in those zones because they never put the man hours into looking them over as flyable zones. I have no question that all of the BC old world zones will get flying this year, blizz just needs the chance to give those 6 or so zones a once over to make sure there is nothing majorly game breaking going on for flying, and if there is to fix it.

even with flying though... Silvermoon and Exodar are so freaking far out of the way there's no real reason for anyone to go there. At least UC as you mentioned is on the continent with BWD and BoT. TB has nothing going for it and Silvermoon even less. And Darnassus... man. I just went there for the Lunar Elder (as horde no less) and flew right into the city without seeing a single other player. ever.

if they really want to see populations go up at the other cities, just put a raid dungeon near them and put the damn cata portals there. Hell, it doesn't even make sense to ONLY have the cata portals in org when they have the Quest Message Boards in every capital also.

thefil

borghe said:
if they really want to see populations go up at the other cities, just put a raid dungeon near them and put the damn cata portals there. Hell, it doesn't even make sense to ONLY have the cata portals in org when they have the Quest Message Boards in every capital also.

And Zeppelins. I don't understand why TB has only zeppelin to Org, UC has Orc and Howling Fjord, and Org has three. At least for horde, these are flying machines; why not just let them go between each of the capitals?

No45 said:
A quick question. I'm levelling Enchanting with my Mage (I get bored of gathering TOO much) and wanted to look at making some money if I can. I hit 300 last night so thought now might be the time to look at what heirloom enchants are in demand and try and find the recipes for them.

Problem is I can't find a comprehensive list of the wanted enchants for heirloom items (pre-60 obviously). I have Lifestealing, which I thought might be OK, any know what others I should be looking to get? Ta. :)

EDIT: Clearly I Googled poorly last time. Just found this, anyone think this is a decent place to start?

Good luck making money from this.

Melee 2H wants Crusader
Melee 1H wants Fiery
Caster 1H and 2H want +30 Spell Power (I think this drops in Molten Core, good luck)
Every class should want +100 health for chest.
Haven't thought about back slot heirlooms yet. +agility and +armor?

It's incredibly difficult to make any money on enchanting before max level. Leveling enchanting is also one of the biggest money sinks in the game.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
borghe said:
my guess is that they simply didn't "flip on the switch" for flying in those zones because they never put the man hours into looking them over as flyable zones. I have no question that all of the BC old world zones will get flying this year, blizz just needs the chance to give those 6 or so zones a once over to make sure there is nothing majorly game breaking going on for flying, and if there is to fix it.

even with flying though... Silvermoon and Exodar are so freaking far out of the way there's no real reason for anyone to go there. At least UC as you mentioned is on the continent with BWD and BoT. TB has nothing going for it and Silvermoon even less. And Darnassus... man. I just went there for the Lunar Elder (as horde no less) and flew right into the city without seeing a single other player. ever.

Well Darnassus is useful when you're doing archaeology to the north of Kalimdor... oh wait, the Hyjal portal in SW is better.

Yeah, completelely useless city. And Exodar & Silvermoon City might as well be renamed "Hey Alliance/Horde Forgot you Existed" City.

I used silvermoon city exclusively before cataclysm since it was always so empty and therefore it was easy to do what I needed at the AH/bank. But now that the portals are only in Orgrimmar, I'm kind of stuck.

Bisnic

Azwethinkweiz said:
I used silvermoon city exclusively before cataclysm since it was always so empty and therefore it was easy to do what I needed at the AH/bank. But now that the portals are only in Orgrimmar, I'm kind of stuck.

Same for me with Exodar in pre-Cata. With the proximity of the AH/mailbox/bank to where you got ported from the Dalaran portals(RIP), and since there was at most 3 people in there, so no lagfest like SW or IF, it was the best town for doing this kind of stuff quickly back then.

But now, i don't really have a choice to take SW, especially with no flying mounts in Exodar.

Blablurn

where should i get my next quests as a level 29 horde member? any good area? because i'm still a noob i would be happy to get some recommendations.

thefil

Blablurn said:
where should i get my next quests as a level 29 horde member? any good area? because i'm still a noob i would be happy to get some recommendations.

Southern Barrens is my favourite of the new 30-35 zones.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Bisnic said:
I'm not sure what you were expecting with them doing cutscenes with a 6 years old engine. If all the cutscenes were like the worgen and goblin ones in their starting zones, the game would have been delayed. And i'm sure you didn't wanted to do ICC for another couple of months.
They couldn't have the dragons auto attack enabled when the were vertical "fighting"? They were staring at each other doing nothing for minutes. Don't give me tired excuses for horrible design choices like that. They put effort into making it begin with and they could have put the same effort into a better route.

thefil

If Blizzard is going to keep having me accept quests from people 10x my height, they should make them right-clickable when you're flying by their face, instead of just when on the ground beside them.

Wizman23

Banned
Dumb question but how do I go about putting WoW on different computers I have? I downloaded it to my macbook so I have no physical copy.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
borghe said:

When you could use the druid flying mount bug on the PTR it was very interesting to explore areas not built for flying. So many crazy world glitches.

Azwethinkweiz said:
I always liked being around other players personally.

Unless your a mage, it'd also be hard to trade with people.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Wizman23 said:
Dumb question but how do I go about putting WoW on different computers I have? I downloaded it to my macbook so I have no physical copy.
You can download it to as many computers as you want. There should be a client on battle.net

When I search for download on the community website it links to here.

Can't login to test it right now tho.

Wizman23 said:

Just copy the folder over and make a shortcut to the launcher on your desktop.

Touchdown

Banned
Does anybody know where I can find that new leveling map someone made that showed what zones to quest in at what level? Can't remember where I found it, but it had arrows that pointed you to which zone to go to next after you reached a certain level.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
No45 said:

Here's a good list.
http://www.wowpedia.org/Heirloom
Enchant ↓ Slot ↓
[Enchant Weapon - Crusader] Melee Weapon
[Enchant Weapon - Lifestealing] Melee Weapon
[Enchant Weapon - Fiery Weapon] Melee Weapon
[Enchant Weapon - Icy Chill] Melee Weapon
[Enchant Weapon - Agility] Melee Weapon
[Enchant Weapon - Strength] Melee Weapon
[Enchant Weapon - Superior Striking] Melee Weapon
[Enchant 2H Weapon - Agility] 2H Weapon
[Iron Counterweight] 2H Weapon
[Enchant Weapon - Spellpower] Caster Weapon
[Enchant Weapon - Healing Power] Caster Weapon
[Enchant Weapon - Mighty Intellect] Caster Weapon
[Enchant Weapon - Mighty Spirit] Caster Weapon

Back Enchant ↓
[Enchant Cloak - Stealth]
[Enchant Cloak - Subtlety]
[Enchant Cloak - Superior Defense]
[Enchant Cloak - Greater Resistance]

Chest Enchant ↓
[Enchant Chest - Stats]
[Enchant Chest - Greater Stats]
[Enchant Chest - Major Mana]
[Enchant Chest - Major Health]

keeblerdrow said:
Good luck making money from this.

Melee 2H wants Crusader
Melee 1H wants Fiery
Caster 1H and 2H want +30 Spell Power (I think this drops in Molten Core, good luck)
Every class should want +100 health for chest.
Haven't thought about back slot heirlooms yet. +agility and +armor?

It's incredibly difficult to make any money on enchanting before max level. Leveling enchanting is also one of the biggest money sinks in the game.
I spent about 10k power leveling enchanting recently. I thought I was going to be able to do the DE alch stone trick but I was hours too late. :lol Oh well, glad I have a high level enchanter.

Anyways. Here's some annoyances I had: At a certain point you need a primal might for the Runed Adamantite Rod. The mats are easy to farm but an alch has to transmute it. It doesn't trigger a cool down for them. A few alchs on my server sell them for 1.5k. A lot of other rods require a blacksmith to make one of required items. Some might try to scalp that on AH too. Luckily I have an alch and blacksmithing.

Other than that, DEing everything you get while leveling in Outlands and Cat should put a huge dent in required mats.

borghe

Wizman23 said:
highly recommended to copy the "World of Warcraft" folder over. you can redownload it on a new computer, but some things are store on their servers (obviously characters, but hot keys, interface options, etc) while other things are stored on your actual computer (audio/video preferences, add ons, key bindings I think, etc).

if however you are talking about using it on a non-mac, then yeah you'll obviously have to redownload it, and then just make sure to copy over your addons directory, profiles directory, and config.wtf file(?)

vilmer_

My cousin and I decided to try our hands at the Arenas and it's been a blast! We've had some good battles and are sitting at the .500 mark in wins/losses. We've just been winging it in pve gear lol. Are there any specific pvp addons that I should be looking for that are necessary? Toughest fight so far was against a frost mage and holy paladin. My goodness that fight went on for at least 25 minutes the paladin seemed to have endless mana. And also, I'm starting to grow a hate on for shadow priests :p

borghe

DeathNote said:
I spent about 10k power leveling enchanting recently. I thought I was going to be able to do the DE alch stone trick but I was hours too late. :lol Oh well, glad I have a high level enchanter.

Anyways. Here's some annoyances I had: At a certain point you need a primal might for the Runed Adamantite Rod. The mats are easy to farm but an alch has to transmute it. It doesn't trigger a cool down for them. A few alchs on my server sell them for 1.5k. A lot of other rods require a blacksmith to make one of required items. Some might try to scalp that on AH too. Luckily I have an alch and blacksmithing.

Other than that, DEing everything you get while leveling in Outlands and Cat should put a huge dent in required mats.
JUST leveled enchanting on my 85. biggest pains for me:

infinite dust. now I think I might have been doing this wrong. For every dust BC and before I just ran a ton of heroics (or level 60 dungeons) and DE'ed all drops along the way. turned out great. As a tailor also I got massive cloth drops as well and could tailor for dust drops. But by the time I got to infinite dust (LK dust) I slowed down. At first I tried farming cloth (found a great spot in icecrown to do this) but it still wasn't great. Now I find out that I could have easily solo'ed all non-heroic LK instances (and probably even lots of heroic ones) and wish I would have done that.

If you are not 85, expect to pay lots and lots and lots for dusts along the way.

so anyway, yeah.. if you are 85, run lots of 60, heroic BC and heroic LK dungeons for whatever dusts and essences you are after. Especially for pre-Cat ones you might even get them faster (and definitely cheaper) than the AH as on my realm at least, quantities of these on the AH go very hot and cold. Once you get into Cata leveling... good luck and just stick with it. IMHO depending on your current faction it might even be worth it to race change to blood elf. hah.. fortunately I chose belf forever ago, and when I found the +10 ench skill bonus I was like "BONUS!" basically the belf +10 means that you are 10 points higher in effective skill, but for actual skill (what determines if a recipe is orange or yellow) you are still 10 points below. So when the guides out there say "do this enchant to 415" a belf can really get orange skillups out of it til 425.

otherwise if you're not guilded, yeah.. the most annoying part will be the rods. they aren't always on the AH, and sometimes when you do see them they are just priced stupidly. Fortunately you can usually by the mats (always ridiculously cheap) and ask in trade for someone to make you the rod. I've always found someone to and will then still tip 20g or something for it. much better than paying 500g on the AH when the mats are two bars for 10g each.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Yeah, I flat out bought all the dust. lol. I didn't want to fool with instances cause it's 5 resets per hour and I didn't need any blues. I was also in a hurry.

I think I bought 300 singles in addition to everything else. My god. Clicking buy 300 times and getting it out of the mailbox 300 times. Probably a macro out there.

Bisnic

funkmastergeneral said:
Having unreliable interrupters in Nefarian phase 2 is god damn frustrating. One guy missed his because his mom started talking to him. Raaaaaaage.

I wouldnt call that "unreliable" interrupters. Anyone can get easily distracted in a video game when someone is talking to them. Shits happen.

Macattk15

funkmastergeneral said:
Having unreliable interrupters in Nefarian phase 2 is god damn frustrating. One guy missed his because his mom started talking to him. Raaaaaaage.

I for one, being a reliable interrupter, hate all the interrupt fights in this raid tier. Its retarded ... can't I just sit there and faceroll DPS!

It sucks that the other interrupter with me is rather shitty at doing so ... which often fucks me up.

Bisnic said:
I wouldnt call that "unreliable" interrupters. Anyone can get easily distracted in a video game when someone is talking to them. Shits happen.

It happened more than once, hence the unreliable. We could never get passed phase 2 in our first night of attempts because of it, which is why I was frustrated. However, this entire raid tier seems to require way too many timely interrupts and AoE dps.

Macattk15 said:
I for one, being a reliable interrupter, hate all the interrupt fights in this raid tier. Its retarded ... can't I just sit there and faceroll DPS!

It sucks that the other interrupter with me is rather shitty at doing so ... which often fucks me up.

Agreed. As enhancement I've got the job of being main interrupter in most fights because my cooldown is 5 seconds and off the GCD, and it's so boring.

Sober

Bisnic said:
What's worse is the 10-man requirement. It is indeed incredibly annoying with a 10-man comp since P2 is stupidly tight (not on dps, but on interrupt reliability). We have 2 melee that but both myself and the other tank sit on the third. Even discounting the fact he is a DK, because BF is on spellhit, paladin tanks don't have rebuke yet, HoJ and AS are on the GCD and can miss (and rebuke will too) since tanks hit capped in raids right now is the dumbest idea if you desire progression. Although I am seriously considering collecting some hit gear for this fight alone in 10-man.

I suppose the "proper" dps comp for the fight would be 2 ranged, 3 melee, but that's fairly limiting when we'd prefer to bring our ranged dps since they are better players.

What's a good rotation for Shadow while leveling? I'm 75 and currently:

Vampiric Touch
Devouring Plaguuuu!
SW:p
MF until they're ready for--
SW:D

Is there a better single target rotation for soloing?

Flib

We run with a mostly ranged group, so I end up having to trade interrupts as the tank, which is so annoying, even one easy fights like Omnotron. Trying to move Arcanotron out of the puddles and interrupt at the same time is a pain in the ass. Not hard, but not fun.

Maloriak is such a joy.

Songbird

Prodigal Son
So this same ?? level worgen death knight is corpse camping me across several zones for about two hours now. What a great way to spend your time.

I really despise the way Blizzard hotfixes things and doesn't tell anyone about it until people figure it out and make forum posts about it. Then say, oh yeah, we did that.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Thnikkaman said:
So this same ?? level worgen death knight is corpse camping me across several zones for about two hours now. What a great way to spend your time.

Sounds like a pretty hilarious way to spend your time.

TimeKillr

Bisnic said:
http://www.wowhead.com/item=40585

The only problem is their price. Do you think a hearthstone to Dalaran is worth 8.5k gold(6.8k at exalted Kirin Tor)?

And the tabard : http://www.wowhead.com/item=46874

50 champion seals is much cheaper, and the Tournament itself is only 2 mins away from Dalaran. :)

DK DPS? I think you missed the part where i mentioned Frostbolt & Frostfire lol.

I completely fail at reading. That's what I get for trying this this early :)

Sadly though yeah, it sucks that you have to snare them with spells that have such a long cast time, whereas other classes (DKs, lol) have it essentially for free (unholy DKs have 2 of them, one of them being a massive AOE snare!).

It's sort of like the first boss of H SFK - if you don't have 2 reliable interrupts, the fight is more or less impossible. So this leaves a bunch of classes out - if your tank is a paladin you need at least 2 other interrupters (feral druid, shaman, dps warrior, DK or a rogue. I'm not counting marks hunter, because those don't exist anymore), which strangely doesn't happen often. And that's counting on the fact that you're not landing on an idiot who doesn't interrupt at all... It's ridiculous.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
SnakeswithLasers said:
If you're 15.

Sai-kun said:
Sure, if you're like 15.

Jesus christ, are you guys conjoined twins or something?

Are you telling me you guys NEVER troll other players? EVER?

Songbird

Prodigal Son
thetrin said:
Jesus christ, are you guys conjoined twins or something?

Are you telling me you guys NEVER troll other players? EVER?
Well, you know, good trolling is funny. I could not play the game for two hours because this guy obviously ran out of things to do.

thetrin

CarbonatedFalcon said:
Play a different character? Get guildies to help kill him?

Don't play on a PvP server?

Thnikkaman said:
Well, you know, good trolling is funny. I could not play the game for two hours because this guy obviously ran out of things to do.

You're the one being trolled. It's not supposed to be funny to you.

Songbird

Prodigal Son
CarbonatedFalcon said:
Play a different character? Get guildies to help kill him?
cuevas said:
Stop playing?
Had to in the end. No guild so far, one I want to join has a very obscure application process.

thetrin said:
Don't play on a PvP server?
I've enjoyed levelling on the server because great encounters have happened, it's just shit when a max level player takes up two hours of your time when he probably gets no reward when I'm at my level.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom