• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got my third 85 yesterday and I think I'm going to take a wow break now for a bit. Had a ton of fun with Cata so far, but I have no desire to participate in endgame and am a bit burned out on leveling. I think I'll come back with 4.0.1 to see the changes though.

Dunlop

Downed Maloriak last night (10 man), slowly but surely we will get our momentum back :p

This dude should have been the first boss, he is 100x easier than Omnotron as a progression boss (we have no prob with Omnotron...NOW).

The best part of this fight is all the pressure is on the tanks and interrupters, it's pretty easy to heal thru.

cuevas said:
There's already people freaking out about the Sun God, if they let this happen Lore freaks would commit suicide.

Those people are silly. Tauren paladins are fucking awesome. They have an awesome name and an even awesomer kodo. Flexible lore is a net benefit to the game, IMO, and I say this as someone who really enjoys the lore aspect and picks classes/races to some degree based on lore reasons, etc.

But yeah, they've already made the classes far more flexible in terms of what races can play each one. If someone isn't willing to play a druid because literally none of the four options available appeal to them, well, I mean, too fuckin' bad for them, I guess.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
SnakeswithLasers said:
Got my third 85 yesterday and I think I'm going to take a wow break now for a bit. Had a ton of fun with Cata so far, but I have no desire to participate in endgame and am a bit burned out on leveling. I think I'll come back with 4.0.1 to see the changes though.
Got my third also, but I'm not burned out yet. Can't decide on which class I want to endgame with.

TheYanger

Maloriak overcomplications and misinformation abound apparantly?

The adds are perfectly killable if there are a couple at low hp after the phase ends - we often have stragglers that we single target down. Moving him out isn't too important until the debuff is about to fade, you want him taking that extra damage too, and the interrupters are able to contribute more that way. The MOST important key is interrupting additional adds during green. I know it was said that it's not a big deal but that's bullshit, it is, as soon as new adds drop out the new ones don't have the green debuff and immediately buff all of the other adds, making AE almost impossible. THAT is the most critical part of the green phase, the rest is totally trivial and being overthought.

Also, 'sometimes getting extra' is not a viable option. Get on your interrupter's case if they're letting more than 9 out, especially if you're using a 3 tank 'tank the adds' strat, rather than a kiting strat, there's no way you can tank that many extra for more than a few seconds.

GL with the boss :D

C.Dark.DN

Banned
TheYanger said:
Maloriak overcomplications and misinformation abound apparantly?

The adds are perfectly killable if there are a couple at low hp after the phase ends - we often have stragglers that we single target down. Moving him out isn't too important until the debuff is about to fade, you want him taking that extra damage too, and the interrupters are able to contribute more that way. The MOST important key is interrupting additional adds during green. I know it was said that it's not a big deal but that's bullshit, it is, as soon as new adds drop out the new ones don't have the green debuff and immediately buff all of the other adds, making AE almost impossible. THAT is the most critical part of the green phase, the rest is totally trivial and being overthought.

Also, 'sometimes getting extra' is not a viable option. Get on your interrupter's case if they're letting more than 9 out, especially if you're using a 3 tank 'tank the adds' strat, rather than a kiting strat, there's no way you can tank that many extra for more than a few seconds.

GL with the boss :D
How many times does Growth Catalyst stack? If there's 3 it's a 60% damage reduction after the green phase and 5 it's 100%?

TheYanger

Couldn't tell you exactly, pretty sure it's multiplicative since otherwise you literally couldn't damage a mob after they had enough stacks.
So it should work like:
100% damage
80% damage
64% damage
51.2% damage
40.96% damage
32.768% damage

etc.

So unless you just have tons and tons up, they're perfectly killable.

I get kicked out on the last boss of Vortex Pinnacle from a 4/5 guild group who was the worst. I didn't say anything because they were so bad and were from the same guild and didn't want to get kicked. It took us over an hour to get there because most of the dps was pulling 5k. I say "sigh" when they die on the last boss and get kicked when I zone in. I hope they wiped on it for the next couple hours. The only other wipe was on the second boss when the tank got tornado'd off.

/cry

Twig

Banned
charlequin said:
Those people are silly. Tauren paladins are fucking awesome. They have an awesome name and an even awesomer kodo. Flexible lore is a net benefit to the game, IMO, and I say this as someone who really enjoys the lore aspect and picks classes/races to some degree based on lore reasons, etc.

But yeah, they've already made the classes far more flexible in terms of what races can play each one. If someone isn't willing to play a druid because literally none of the four options available appeal to them, well, I mean, too fuckin' bad for them, I guess.
Why can't tauren be rogues? ):

Entropia

No One Remembers
DeathNote said:
Does searing totem not work on the PTR?

What problems are you having with it?

Sadly, they re-worked it and made it even more unreliable. If you're putting it down before combat it generally won't work. What I typically do is: Flame Shock -> Lay Searing -> Lavaburst. The reason for that, is that Searing is "supposed" to favor its attack on targets that have Flameshock on it, but most of the time if you lay it before combat and then start casting it won't even do anything.

Alex

There's a pretty gigantic DPS bug on the PTR:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1869224977?page=1

It says Mind Flay but basically, if you have DoTs, you can become prone to them randomly failing and also to them corrupting your other attacks and causing them to fail too. To test, just roll up recount on the PTR, do a DPS rotation for a few minutes, then check your logs for entries of 0.

They better have some miracle fix if they want this patch to go live next week, because putting it up as is would be game breaking for several specs.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Tauren rogues are already in the game. They're just so stealthy you can't see them.

Alex said:
There's a pretty gigantic DPS bug on the PTR:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1869224977?page=1

It says Mind Flay but basically, if you have DoTs, you can become prone to them randomly failing and also to them corrupting your other attacks and causing them to fail too. To test, just roll up recount on the PTR, do a DPS rotation for a few minutes, then check your logs for entries of 0.

They better have some miracle fix if they want this patch to go live next week, because putting it up as is would be game breaking for several specs.

Some of the people in those kinds of threads are hilarious. It's not even live yet, if it goes live with that you can freak out about Blues not acknowledging it.

cuevas said:
Some of the people in those kinds of threads are hilarious. It's not even live yet, if it goes live with that you can freak out about Blues not acknowledging it.

I dunno, they broke Hot Streak Pyroblast for Cataclsym/4.0, it can't be cast while moving. I was in the F&F alpha for Cataclysm and noticed this and reported it. Reported it again in the Cata beta. After it went live I reported it multiple times on the bug report forums, no luck. It's still broken now.

An entire class breaking may be more important to them than one huge annoyance to one class/spec combo, but still I don't think they have a very good track record on actually fixing bugs like this.

wonderdung said:
I dunno, they broke Hot Streak Pyroblast for Cataclsym/4.0, it can't be cast while moving. I was in the F&F alpha for Cataclysm and noticed this and reported it. Reported it again in the Cata beta. After it went live I reported it multiple times on the bug report forums, no luck. It's still broken now.

An entire class breaking may be more important to them than one huge annoyance to one class/spec combo, but still I don't think they have a very good track record on actually fixing bugs like this.

Okay it went live, you can complain but most do get fixed.

Twig

Banned
wonderdung said:

My friend can do HS Pyro. I can't.

I haven't taken the time to test it 'cause mage is so fucking boring I can't stand leveling it anymore, but I think it has something to do with my hot key setup. Alt+1 is how I cast pyroblast. He usually clicks pyroblast, I think, so... maybe I dunno.

Twig said:
My friend can do HS Pyro. I can't.

I haven't taken the time to test it 'cause mage is so fucking boring I can't stand leveling it anymore, but I think it has something to do with my hot key setup. Alt+1 is how I cast pyroblast. He usually clicks pyroblast, I think, so... maybe I dunno.

To work around it you have to setup a macro for "/cast Pyroblast!", note the exclamation point. Then it will work as expected, but you have to use a different bind if you want to long cast one. Still stupid.

Twig

Banned
wonderdung said:
To work around it you have to setup a macro for "/cast Pyroblast!", note the exclamation point. Then it will work as expected, but you have to use a different bind if you want to long cast one. Still stupid.
Couldn't you do:
/cast Pyroblast!
/stopcasting
/cast Pyroblast

Either way, see the above post. I told you it works for him. It might just be that insta-cast pyroblast doesn't work while moving if you do a macro, which makes more sense but is still dumb.

DeathNote said:
Isn't the problem only with macros and some mods with Pyroblast in it? it should turn the spellbook Pyroblast into Pyroblast!.

I'd think it was mods but it was happening to me ever since the beta where mods were disabled. My understanding is that it does the mana check and the moving check before it does the change from "Pyroblast" to "Pyroblast!" I haven't checked in a long time but I think you can't use hot streaks when you're OOM either unless you macro "Pyroblast!" directly.

Another fun bug from this is that it doesn't give you mana back from Pyroblast crits during hot streak. People could argue this is intentional since hot streak doesn't cost mana, but I think it isn't because 0 mana Scorches do give you mana back when they crit.

Not sure why they changed hot streak around, pre-4.0 it worked fine. My guess is something with the spell queueing change.

Either way, see the above post. I told you it works for him. It might just be that insta-cast pyroblast doesn't work while moving if you do a macro, which makes more sense but is still dumb.

I guess that's possible, I haven't tested it without using a macro for months.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
wonderdung said:
I'd think it was mods but it was happening to me ever since the beta where mods were disabled. My understanding is that it does the mana check and the moving check before it does the change from "Pyroblast" to "Pyroblast!" I haven't checked in a long time but I think you can't use hot streaks when you're OOM either unless you macro "Pyroblast!" directly.
You're confusing me. I haven't played my Mage in 2 years and I just logged on. After I proc hot streak it changed to Pyroblast! on my toolbar and stays highlighted and Pyroblast! until i use it or let the proc expire.

Edit: Also/actually, I made the macro
#showtooltip Pyroblast
/cast pyroblast
And I could still use it while HS moving.

Killed Chimaeron tonight. We're 10/12. Took us four attempts to get our first kill. We have just Al'akir and Nefarian left. Got our first few Al'Akir attempts in tonight. Going back on Monday.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
I just hit Outland with my Rogue and seeing that goddamned Hellfire place again has just sapped my will to level. =/ I'll let him get some rested xp and hit up some BGs or something. =(

Tacitus_

borghe said:
tanks can't kill even one add with Growth Catalyst up. Growth Catalyst adds 20% damage increase and damage reduction to each ally in range. However this is multiplicative, not additive. The standard release of 3 means each pack will have a multiplicative 72% damage increase and 99.2% damage reduction. If you have even one add up with 100K, the first add release buffs all adds to 107% damage increase and 99.84% damage reduction. by the time you get to 9 adds, you are normally at 415% damage increase on the OT. With that 10th unkillable add you are now at 519% damage increase for each add. Let two live and you are at 643% damage increase.

edit - above numbers are wrong for damage reduction. sorry. it would be 49.8% reduction per add release. still, with a 4th add up from the previous cycle the first release would be 59.14% reduction, and a 5th add would be 68.3% damage reduction. a tank doing 12K (which would be a chunk of change for a tank specced to handle the 400+% damage of the adds) would only be doing 4.9K against the 4 adds or 3.9K against 5 adds. if an add has 50K that gives the tank around 12 seconds to single target that add down.. before his damage reduction goes to 79% and the tank's effective DPS drops to 2.5K.

Yes they can. I've personally done it. We had 3 adds up with maybe 20-40k life per add and I killed them all before the next green phase.

Checked again and Pyroblast worked for me tonight. Either they stealth fixed it and I didn't un-macro Pyroblast! to check or it's something to do with latency since I'm downloading the KZ3 beta while testing this.

Mana return from HS Pyroblast crits still doesn't work, though. As I said above, that's a debatable one. I didn't test OOM Hot Streaks which were also broken at one point.

Anyway I recognize how sad it was that I started complaining that Blizzard doesn't fix bugs and used an example something that has now been at least partially fixed and apologize for derailing half a page of the thread.

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
Angry Grimace said:
Tauren rogues are already in the game. They're just so stealthy you can't see them.
they're actually called enhancement shaman and said, "stealth? fuck that, we don't need it."

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
Tacitus_ said:
Yes they can. I've personally done it. We had 3 adds up with maybe 20-40k life per add and I killed them all before the next green phase.
Those three adds already have 48.8% damage reduction on them. Unless you killed all three before the next three were let through, the next three would take that to 73.8% damage reduction and the next adds would bring them to 86.6%. Assuming you are doing 12K DPS (for a tank) it would take you 20 seconds to kill those three adds WITHOUT another set of adds being release. If another set of adds were released before you started killing them your effective DPS drops to 3.1K. Basically there is NO WAY you soloed down three of those adds together without the debuff and no one else helping you on adds. Check your combat logs. Hell, even with 16K DPS (yeah right, not on a tank) you are still only doing an effective 8.1K DPS on those three adds, and only BEFORE the next set is released. Also remember that your group basically only gets 1-2 interrupts per cycle if you want to beat his enrage timer or you don't want to have to pick up 3, 6 or 9 additional adds during his burn phase on top of the two adds you already pick up.

Scrow said:
they're actually called enhancement shaman and said, "stealth? fuck that, we don't need it."
word. my second main toon ever was a resto shaman during the MC days (pre-BWL even being added). Back when you had no dual spec and had to drop 50g every time you wanted to respec. Assuming that led to enhancement and elemental shaman being kind of a joke or something. Anyway, I finally went back to him this week (was 61, now 66) and went Enhancement and OMFG!!!! Dude, coming off of a fire mage (though still my main raider) and jumping into Enhancement is like the fog has been lifted from my eyes. Granted I press even fewer buttons right now than my mage (how the hell is that even possible) but just seeing him burn down mobs 1-2 levels higher than him in like 4 seconds with a little more frequency than my mage is like omg. (though my mage did go on quite the killing spree last night. did my TB PVP dailies in 10 minutes, acceptance to turn in)

Twig said:
It's still broken for me, so.
what are you doing with macros or whatnot...? Just throw pyroblast (from your spellbook) on your action bar and cast it when it procs. Considering it's a server side process (the casting and the spell being cast), while I'm not doubting that something isn't working for you, I am 100% certain that it's not on blizzard's end because every fire mage I know is using PB! just fine while moving.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
borghe said:
word. my second main toon ever was a resto shaman during the MC days (pre-BWL even being added). Back when you had no dual spec and had to drop 50g every time you wanted to respec. Assuming that led to enhancement and elemental shaman being kind of a joke or something. Anyway, I finally went back to him this week (was 61, now 66) and went Enhancement and OMFG!!!! Dude, coming off of a fire mage (though still my main raider) and jumping into Enhancement is like the fog has been lifted from my eyes. Granted I press even fewer buttons right now than my mage (how the hell is that even possible) but just seeing him burn down mobs 1-2 levels higher than him in like 4 seconds with a little more frequency than my mage is like omg. (though my mage did go on quite the killing spree last night. did my TB PVP dailies in 10 minutes, acceptance to turn in)

I've started replaying my enhancement shaman(now at 83), and he hits so hard i cant even finish my rotation before the mob is dead. Drop totems, cast unleash elements, cast flame shock, cast lava lash, and between the auto attacks, im lucky to have time to cast a stormstrike or lightning bolt if a 5 stacks of maelstorm weapon procs before he dies. And that's with a bunch of lvl 80-82 greens from the first Cata zones.

Also, might as well get rid of my mana bar. It's like it doesn't exist.

What is the best site to sell a wow account on? Any tips for selling an account? My account probably have 15+ 80s and 5 or so 85s so I prefer to get the most that I can for it.

Rapstah said:
Considering how many times you've trolled this thread before I wouldn't assume you have a WoW account at all.
Yawn get on Blackrock or Tichondrius horde and I'll log on. Grow up first though please. Any mature answers from someone would be great.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Yawn. Go make a thread in the gaming section. Why would people playing the game be the ones savvy about selling their accounts? People that could help would be few and far between compared to the gaming section.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
BloodElfHunter said:
Yawn, like I said mature answers only please. Another kid to add to ignore.
Are you stuck in evade reply mode? People like you are ridiculous.

I don't think you understand the concept that people currently playing the game aren't the ones selling their accounts. If there are a couple the ones that browse the gaming section will outnumber them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom