• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheYanger

borghe said:
Those three adds already have 48.8% damage reduction on them. Unless you killed all three before the next three were let through, the next three would take that to 73.8% damage reduction and the next adds would bring them to 86.6%. Assuming you are doing 12K DPS (for a tank) it would take you 20 seconds to kill those three adds WITHOUT another set of adds being release. If another set of adds were released before you started killing them your effective DPS drops to 3.1K. Basically there is NO WAY you soloed down three of those adds together without the debuff and no one else helping you on adds. Check your combat logs. Hell, even with 16K DPS (yeah right, not on a tank) you are still only doing an effective 8.1K DPS on those three adds, and only BEFORE the next set is released. Also remember that your group basically only gets 1-2 interrupts per cycle if you want to beat his enrage timer or you don't want to have to pick up 3, 6 or 9 additional adds during his burn phase on top of the two adds you already pick up.

3 adds remaining = 36% damage reduction per add, That's REALLY not very much, even for a tank, to be able to drop like 20-40k damage into. Either way you'd just have the dps mop it up. You overestimate severely how bad this is.

Dunlop

I think the term feeding the troll does apply here, he wants these replies

Finally got a cloth drop...so excited...realized that my engineering helm was better or rather I would be trading 30 spirit for 30 haste
I hate how there is almost no variation in gear stats

More importantly cloth helms look fucking horrible

: (

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
TheYanger said:
3 adds remaining = 36% damage reduction per add, That's REALLY not very much, even for a tank, to be able to drop like 20-40k damage into. Either way you'd just have the dps mop it up. You overestimate severely how bad this is.
I have two kills in 25m on him and...... countless.... wipes from stupid DPS (I am DPS btw) not finishing on the adds because they see they are "almost" dead and go back to the boss. You guys are also not understanding how the damage reduction works or taking into the account that there are still more adds coming.

each set of 3 is a total of 48.8% damage reduction, multiplicative. 20% per add multiplicative. he is talking about 3 adds staying up AFTER the phase is over. However Maloriak ALSO releases a set of adds during the green phase and a set of adds right after the green phase. there will then only be two more add casts after that (if you have the full 9 extra released by the second green phase). So IF that set of adds during the green phase isn't interrupted (they absolutely will not be burned down in time before the phase ends) that 48.8% reduction instantly jumps to 73.8% reduction as soon as the green phase is over (which is what we are talking about here). It also means that those six mobs are now hitting on him for 198% damage increase as soon as the green phase is over (aka multiplying their damage by 2.98). Not to mention very shortly after the green phase is over you then have 3 more mobs out for a total of nine for 86.5% damage reduction and 415% damage increase. if you interrupt both the cast during the green phase and the cast after the green phase, then to beat the enrage timer you are going to be left with at least 3 adds during his burn phase on top of the two larger adds.

Even if the adds are dying then outside of the green phase, there is still other shit going on, like much higher healing load on the OT healer from the 72% increase in damage over the already expected damage from the normal add release schedule, not to mention more than likely lost dps on the boss from DPS helping finishing off those adds, or at some point he's going to have to be tanking 12 mobs. even if everyone manages to burn down the 3 low health mobs during the red/blue phases, that is still going to be at least 30-60 seconds he is going to be tanking 9 of those mobs.. our OT is having to blow CDs at some point during when all nine are up... not seeing having your CDs up twice during that 30-60 seconds.

Now maybe if your average ilevel for the normal fight is 355+ having those extra adds up is trivial, or maybe somehow it is more trivial in 10m than 25m (we've only done 25m.. I'd imagine add damage is much lower in 10m).. but yeah, in 25m, if we leave adds up after green, it's pretty much a guaranteed wipe as the OT will unquestionably die either before or shortly after the last set of adds are released.

edit - for the record, I don't believe this is a hard fight at all. On the contrary it's probably the second easiest fight we've had in BWD only behind the hunter kiting version of magmaw, and we're done with normal BWD except for Nefarian. My only point here is that in 25m at least, much like Omnotron (and non-kiting versions of Magmaw), if you leave adds up, the raid will probably wipe.

borghe

especially considering if he would actually take two seconds to look around the web he would see........ that selling your WoW account is laughable. Most sites can no longer use paypal (to pay you with) because of blizzard filing grievances with paypal, and to begin with to sell your account for anything to these sites (the sites that actually buy accounts, which are few and far between) they don't even WANT your account unless it's basically decked out in current tier items. but going back to sites even wanting your account to begin with... considering the rampant account theft in the game, most sites won't even touch buying accounts out of fear of the backlash coming from suspended and stolen accounts.

but go ahead, search for "selling world of warcraft accounts". Hell knows I'm not going to, even to humor you. 99% of the sites that would come up would have a keylogger installed on your system not even 10 seconds after hitting the front page. The sites that actually sell WoW accounts are in fact selling their own CGF accounts that are currently active. If a particular CGF user happens to grab enough Valor along the way to setup 3/5 valor gear, why not sell it for $200 and move that employee over to another recently leveled account instead?

oh yeah, I forgot you can't even sell them on ebay anymore either. when I was first starting to sell world of warcraft toys on ebay, I had to file a complaint with them where they finally allowed the title keywords I was using in the toy section because they had them banned site wide to prevent selling of accounts. The couple listings for accounts I just looked up were actually "account auctions" that were a disguise for leveling guides.

so my guess is either he already knew all of this and was just trolling, or he is just stupid.

edit - it also looks like Luck of the Draw (buff for LFD) hasn't been working on most Cata dungeons. Not only is that being fixed in 4.0.6, but they are changing it from 5% to 5% cumulatively per player up to 15%. Sounds like a good way to reduce dungeon difficulty without actually making them dumber. It will make LFD faceroll easy sooner than later, but as I've said numerous times before, with a guild group or a well geared/experienced LFD group the heroics are already damn-near faceroll easy. I've gotten all of the enjoyment out of heroics as they are to last me a lifetime. Make them (and the queue) faster and then give the challenge back to us in Abyssal Maw.

I usually only run heroics with the guild (or people in the former guild) now and they are pretty much faceroll easy for us. We can get away with little to no CC depending on the instance/pull.

I really only need them for the valor points now, though there are still 2 pieces for my dps set that have eluded me, though at this point, I'm probably more likely to replace them with epics sooner, since I only have pants (and possibly gloves) left from the VP vendor for my tank set. The BiS gloves and back for this tier (359 at least) are the two rep items.

As for the cloth helms this tier - I do like the mage set model - I think it looks pretty neat. It looks especially interesting on a tauren (I main a DK, but a priest could have one of the off-set helms with that model.)

Yeah, not looking forward to the Burger King head - will have to turn it off. The warrior helm looks particularly bad on Tauren though. As far as I know, the paladin tier 11 doesn't have a tanking version off-set, so I won't get to use that.

borghe

CarbonatedFalcon said:
As for the cloth helms this tier - I do like the mage set model - I think it looks pretty neat. It looks especially interesting on a tauren (I main a DK, but a priest could have one of the off-set helms with that model.)
to get the mage set helm on a tauren you'd have to get the Power Generator Hood from omnotron for your priest (no spirit though). don't remember if they are palette swapped or not, but the texture and model are the same.

only VP item left I really want/need is the caster ring. It will probably be a while before I get the head or shoulder from cho'gall/nefarian (very low man on the totem pole), so at some point I will have to figure out if it's worth it to shard my current hands or legs for the 2T11 bonus (5% crit bonus on mage proc spell, PB! in my case). but really I am about 1000 points away from being "done" with VP items. and worst case scenario, 2600-3200 points away from being "done-done" with VP items.

ugghh.. only two more days til Darkmoon Faire. lost my ass on my last Dreamcloth sale (basically 4 Dreamcloth -> Belt - > Maelstrom Crystal straight up for Four of Embers) but it was worth it to get my Darkmoon Card: Volcano this weekend and not a month from now. Anyway, I got the rest of the deck for around 13K so I'm not complaining too much. Meanwhile Volcanic Decks are going for around 40K on the server right now and 2-3 weeks ago the actual trinket was going for 30-40K.

Boonoo

Blizzard are a bunch of incredible motherfuckers. Can't fly in Azeroth unless you own Cataclysm. Fuck them.

And the same goes for Archeology. Fuck them and the horse they flew in on.

Could be a Tauren shadow priest :p

And Volcano really does seem like the most desirable card this time around, considering there is no one card like greatness that works for all specs. Hurricane is only really viable for enhance shammies and frost DKs as a BiS or close to BiS trinket. Earthquake is terrible, and the healer one is okay, but nothing too special.

Tamanon

Banned
Boonoo said:
Blizzard are a bunch of incredible motherfuckers. Can't fly in Azeroth unless you own Cataclysm. Fuck them.

What? They let everyone have the completely remade old world, it's perfectly fine to save some stuff for the folks who bought Cataclysm.

Boonoo

Tamanon said:
What? They let everyone have the completely remade old world, it's perfectly fine to save some stuff for the folks who bought Cataclysm.

It's bullshit because its the equivalent of making people pay for DLC that's already on the disk.

Rapstah

Boonoo said:
It's bullshit because its the equivalent of making people pay for DLC that's already on the disk.
Not really. All content you need a flying mount for is in the Cataclysm expansion. Unless you're calling 80-85 "locked away" too.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Boonoo said:

It's called incentive to buy the expansion. They ARE kind of a business. If you're at level 60-79 you should know if you want to keep playing at 80 honestly.

Boonoo

DeathNote said:
It's called incentive to buy the expansion. They ARE kind of a business. If you're at level 60-79 you should know if you want to keep playing at 80 honestly.

I don't have WOTLK either D:

I just started up my old account to play through it with my brothers. I just wanted to fly around Azeroth when I hit 60 D:

We're player real slow, so 80+ is more than a long way off.

Not really. All content you need a flying mount for is in the Cataclysm expansion. Unless you're calling 80-85 "locked away" too.

It's not so much about needing the flying mount. It would just be nice to be able to fly in org. I don't consider the 80-85 content locked away; that's the proper expansion content that I'd be happy to pay for.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Boonoo said:
I don't have WOTLK either D:

I just started up my old account to play through it with my brothers. I just wanted to fly around Azeroth when I hit 60 D:

We're player real slow, so 80+ is more than a long way off.
The PTR is live. Make a pre-made and fly your heart out at 310%.

Unless I'm wrong and you need expansions. lol.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Between 58/60-80 you shouldn't even be in Orgrimmar or the rest of the old world, so it doesn't really matter if you can fly or not anyways.

Boonoo

Dance In My Blood said:
Between 58/60-80 you shouldn't even be in Orgrimmar or the rest of the old world, so it doesn't really matter if you can fly or not anyways.

But I want to do archeology D:

borghe

Boonoo said:
But I want to do archeology D:
this is cataclysm only. so if you want to do arch, which you want to be able to fly for, you need cataclysm either way :p

and as dance in my blood is saying, archaeology is.... awful..... I use Archy, Gathermate2 and Archaeology Helper and all of them combined with 280% flying make it almost-but-not-quite tolerable. I'll usually give it like 2-3 hours of my time on a saturday or sunday before finally saying "this bites my ass" and then stopping. However this week I dusted off my Shaman and started Enh leveling and can't possibly see myself doing Arch this weekend. It's simply awful.

I just wish Blizzard would have gated the profession some other way than raw time. taken away some of the time component and added a bit more of a financial component.. say doubling the number of helper slots on an item and reducing frequency of helper drops. right now it's just a brutal RNG raping on top of a brutal time sink. it's fun up until the exact point that you realize this (which is usually by your second or third completion)

borghe

DeathNote said:
Arch isn't practical below level 70. You'd have to fly zone to zone all over old world at 150% speed for hours.
not only that, but IMHO arch as your leveling would just be mind numbing. first, the slow down of leveling to a crawl, and second, having to fight hostiles close to every single damn spot you try digging at. At 85 archaeology is ridiculously slow. doing it while leveling (and without a mount until 60 with 150%) it would be unbearable.

Twig

Banned
borghe said:
what are you doing with macros or whatnot...? Just throw pyroblast (from your spellbook) on your action bar and cast it when it procs. Considering it's a server side process (the casting and the spell being cast), while I'm not doubting that something isn't working for you, I am 100% certain that it's not on blizzard's end because every fire mage I know is using PB! just fine while moving.
Code:
#showtooltip
/cast [nomod] Frostfire Bolt; [mod:alt] Pyroblast
I think that's all there is to it off the top of my head.

Then I plop it on my hotbar so that I press 1 to cast Frostfire Bolt and Alt-1 to cast Pyroblast.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Twig said:
Code:
#showtooltip

Then I plop it on my hotbar so that I press 1 to cast Frostfire Bolt and Alt-1 to cast Pyroblast.
Gonne test your macro out.

Edit:
Works for me.

If you use alt on your mouse or something, hold down ALT and see if the tooltip changed to Pyroblast.

borghe

Twig said:
Code:
#showtooltip

my guess is that the actual button from your spellbook changes when Hot Streak procs. The spell actually cast during Hot Streak is Pyroblast! (note the exclamation. I didn't add it, that's actually the spell name). This spell is only able to be cast during hot streak, and is the only spell your Pyroblast button (note the lack of exclamation) from your spellbook casts when Hot Streak is procced.

So your macro is casting the regular version. Even though Hot Streak is procced you are still casting the regular version. The correct spell when hot streak procs is Pyroblast! (again, exclamation).

This may seem like a stupid mechanic, but my guess is because Blizz is making the spell free AND instant, it is just easier and less buggy to implement a new spell rather than code the modifiers to the existing spell.

edit - confirmed. using Pyroblast (no exclamation) in macros is extremely buggy when trying to cast the PB! version. Use Pyroblast! in your macros. You might have to include "/script UIErrorsFrame:Clear()" in your macro in case trying to cast it without Hot Streak procced is causing you UI errors. But yes, using Pyroblast during hot streak and expecting it to cast PB! seems definitely buggy borderline broken.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
borghe said:
my guess is that the actual button from your spellbook changes when Hot Streak procs. The spell actually cast during Hot Streak is Pyroblast! (note the exclamation. I didn't add it, that's actually the spell name). This spell is only able to be cast during hot streak, and is the only spell your Pyroblast button (note the lack of exclamation) from your spellbook casts when Hot Streak is procced.

So your macro is casting the regular version. Even though Hot Streak is procced you are still casting the regular version. The correct spell when hot streak procs is Pyroblast! (again, exclamation).

This may seem like a stupid mechanic, but my guess is because Blizz is making the spell free AND instant, it is just easier and less buggy to implement a new spell rather than code the modifiers to the existing spell.
For me, his macro says Problast when I hit ALT without Hot Streak and Pyroblast! when it is Hot Streak.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I don't really see the point of farming troll artifacts for the sword. It will be outdated once 4.1 is out in a few months, why wasting time destroying what's left of your sanity for that?

The only thing that would be worth it is something that will never get outdated, like the scarab mount or the alchemy recipe for the drake from tolvir. But even that is too much i think. There should be as much tolvir digsites as there is night elf digsites in kalimdor. Last time i tried to get tolvir artifacts, it took me nearly 1 hour of farming night elf & fossil digsites until i see 1 tolvir. And im a mage who can teleport to every corners of Kalimdor with my hearthstone set to Feralas/Desolace. It sucks. So bad.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Bisnic said:
I don't really see the point of farming troll artifacts for the sword. It will be outdated once 4.1 is out in a few months, why wasting time destroying what's left of your sanity for that?

The only thing that would be worth it is something that will never get outdated, like the scarab mount or the alchemy recipe for the drake from tolvir. But even that is too much i think. There should be as much tolvir digsites as there is night elf digsites in kalimdor.
BOA + Landslide. Alts could still use it in 4.1

borghe

Twig said:
Well it works for me if I'm not MOVING. But if I am moving, it doesn't work.
no, it doesn't. you are casting Pyroblast (no exclamation). Pyroblast! (what procs) is instant cast and thus wouldn't be affected by movement.

edit - check what deathnote is saying. Edit your tooltip and mouseover the button with alt when Hot Streak procs. I am willing to bet the tooltip won't come up as Pyroblast! If you are using a macro, for 99.9% of the fire mages out there, we are only going to be casting PB!, never PB. So just put PB! in your macro instead. Worst case scenario is you have to include the UIErrors line above in case you accidentally hit it with HS not procced.

edit 2 - clearly this is broken for you. I'm not denying that because it is clearly working for deathnote.. my guess is somewhere along the way something in your interface directory got changed/corrupted and is breaking this for you. Regardless, change your macro to Pyroblast! instead and it should solve your problem. This does seem to be happening to other people, and this is fixing it for them. Like I said, if I had to venture a guess I'd say something got screwed up in your interface directory or didn't get updated properly.

edit 3 - heh, at work now, but when I get home I am going to mouseover the PB button from the spellbook when HS procs. I never even realized it changed the button. I knew the spells were different IDs in the game, but didn't realize it actually effectively changed the button to cast it.. weird.

Bisnic

DeathNote said:
BOA + Landslide. Alts could still use it in 4.1

I would rather my alts do Tol Barad dailies or heroics for a 346 blue 2h weapon than dealing with Archaeology farming for a slightly better sword to be honest.

Macattk15

Bisnic said:
I would rather my alts do Tol Barad dailies or heroics for a 346 blue 2h weapon than dealing with Archaeology farming for a slightly better sword to be honest.

I don't play alts. Warrior is the only class I enjoy. I want my sword. Damnit.

Twig

Banned
borghe said:
no, it doesn't. you are casting Pyroblast (no exclamation). Pyroblast! (what procs) is instant cast and thus wouldn't be affected by movement.
What I mean is, when I'm not moving, pressing alt-1 does an instant, free Pyroblast. But if I'm moving, I get a "you can't do that while moving" message. So my theory is that before it does the "do you have hot streak" check, it does the "are you moving" check. A bit of bad coding, I guess.

edit - check what deathnote is saying. Edit your tooltip and mouseover the button with alt when Hot Streak procs. I am willing to bet the tooltip won't come up as Pyroblast! If you are using a macro, for 99.9% of the fire mages out there, we are only going to be casting PB!, never PB. So just put PB! in your macro instead. Worst case scenario is you have to include the UIErrors line above in case you accidentally hit it with HS not procced.

edit 2 - clearly this is broken for you. I'm not denying that because it is clearly working for deathnote.. my guess is somewhere along the way something in your interface directory got changed/corrupted and is breaking this for you. Regardless, change your macro to Pyroblast! instead and it should solve your problem. This does seem to be happening to other people, and this is fixing it for them. Like I said, if I had to venture a guess I'd say something got screwed up in your interface directory or didn't get updated properly.

edit 3 - heh, at work now, but when I get home I am going to mouseover the PB button from the spellbook when HS procs. I never even realized it changed the button. I knew the spells were different IDs in the game, but didn't realize it actually effectively changed the button to cast it.. weird.
I'd like to check all this but I can't play WoW today, so!

(I have regular Pyroblast in the macro because I'm leveling and PB is a great spell with which to open on mobs, I think. I dunno, I'm not really a mage expert.)

Raiden

Banned
Boonoo said:

Not to be an ass, but why the hell would you even bother playing and paying monthly if you're not owning the expansions?

Twig

Banned
Raiden said:
Not to be an ass, but why the hell would you even bother playing and paying monthly if you're not owning the expansions?
Because he hasn't reached that expansion content, yet?

borghe

Twig said:
What I mean is, when I'm not moving, pressing alt-1 does an instant, free Pyroblast. But if I'm moving, I get a "you can't do that while moving" message. So my theory is that before it does the "do you have hot streak" check, it does the "are you moving" check. A bit of bad coding, I guess.
doubtful, because the fact is that it changes the spell completely (a whole different spell ID) based on Hot Streak proccing or not. See what deathnote is saying. His tooltip actually changes to PB! when HS is procces.

(I have regular Pyroblast in the macro because I'm leveling and PB is a great spell with which to open on mobs, I think. I dunno, I'm not really a mage expert.)
well, here's your first problem. :p Open with FFB for a distance opener with slow. After that spam FB. You will either be glyphed for FFB or FB for a damage increase. The problem is if you glyph for FFB, you lose the slow effect. In raiding this doesn't matter in most circumstances (though in a few, like omnotron, it can help). If you are looking for added survivability as a high level fire mage, glyph fireball, open with FFB to slow, then apply LB and spam FB. My rotation goes like this:

FFB
Scorch
Living Bomb
FB FB FB FB FB FB FB
refresh living bomb
cast PB! when procced
cast Combustion when applicable (either for added DPS, or for Impact Combustion if applicable and desired)

I find if I cast Living Bomb right after the FFB it aggros the mob before the FFB gets to them giving them a second or two of full speed run time to me. Casting scorch first gives my FFB time to reach the mob and thus slows them for the entire duration.

I will usually cast Impact when procced also to get the stun while soloing to reduce incoming damage or to interrupt. however, while in a group pulling packs or soloing around non-aggro mobs, be VERY careful with Impact as it can be a real unintentional threat generator. Impact Combustion is awesome AOE DPS, but if you are not intending to draw aggro from a bunch of docile mobs (including CC), Impact Combustion (and Living Bomb's finale) can get you booted/killed real fast.

Twig

Banned
borghe said:
doubtful, because the fact is that it changes the spell completely (a whole different spell ID) based on Hot Streak proccing or not. See what deathnote is saying. His tooltip actually changes to PB! when HS is procces.
Yeah, I'm not sure if my tooltip changed. I actually want to say that it DOESN'T because I also have regular Pyroblast (no macro) on a different bar, and I've seen it change - it gets a little glowy outline to show that Hot Streak has procced. But I don't recall ever seeing that glowy outline when I hold down alt.

But that still doesn't explain why it does the Pyroblast! (!) when I don't move. I think that on the server end it automatically converts, maybe, but only if it makes it through the client checks - that is, moving.
well, here's your first problem. :p Open with FFB for a distance opener with slow. After that spam FB. You will either be glyphed for FFB or FB for a damage increase. The problem is if you glyph for FFB, you lose the slow effect. In raiding this doesn't matter in most circumstances (though in a few, like omnotron, it can help). If you are looking for added survivability as a high level fire mage, glyph fireball, open with FFB to slow, then apply LB and spam FB. My rotation goes like this:

FFB
Scorch
Living Bomb
FB FB FB FB FB FB FB
refresh living bomb
cast PB! when procced
cast Combustion when applicable (either for added DPS, or for Impact Combustion if applicable and desired)

I find if I cast Living Bomb right after the FFB it aggros the mob before the FFB gets to them giving them a second or two of full speed run time to me. Casting scorch first gives my FFB time to reach the mob and thus slows them for the entire duration.

I will usually cast Impact when procced also to get the stun while soloing to reduce incoming damage or to interrupt. however, while in a group pulling packs or soloing around non-aggro mobs, be VERY careful with Impact as it can be a real unintentional threat generator. Impact Combustion is awesome AOE DPS, but if you are not intending to draw aggro from a bunch of docile mobs (including CC), Impact Combustion (and Living Bomb's finale) can get you booted/killed real fast.
Okay. U:

I haven't done any group content at all, yet, really. Just casually leveling during warrior downtime, mostly so I can have an enchanter to DE all my BoEs, hah. I don't even have Living Bomb, yet! But I'll keep all that in mind.

As an experiment, I've decided to leveling 70-80 with Archaeology. I have 280% flying and I'm sticking to the old world for my dig sites. I hit 450 at about midway through level 75 and it's been keeping pace with a guildie who is leveling with questing and dungeons. It requires so much less of my attention that I've been able to do homework while leveling. I wouldn't recommend leveling 80-85 with it, however. You miss out on all the Cataclysm reps and gear that you get in the course of questing. For 70-80, leveling with Archaeology is fabulous.

Raiden

Banned
Twig said:
Because he hasn't reached that expansion content, yet?

Sure but it sounded like he had some experience, complaining of lack of flying, so i kinda thought he had a max lv char, but whatever.

Twig

Banned
Raiden said:
Sure but it sounded like he had some experience, complaining of lack of flying, so i kinda thought he had a max lv char, but whatever.
Boonoo said:
O;

Seems like he has TBC but not WotLK or Cataclysm.

Boonoo

Raiden said:

I more or less started playing when wow came out then I quit before BC. I started up again and played through BC then quit before WotLK came out. Now i've reupped to do a slow play through with my brothers. We won't be hitting 70+ anytime soon, so there's really no need to pick up the expansions just yet.

And it's just a bummer that I'd have to pay something like 70 bucks if I want to fly around and see how the world's changed.

I do have a couple 70s around, but we're all starting from scratch. Our old guild is full of people that last logged on 5 years ago D:

Bisnic

Boonoo said:
I more or less started playing when wow came out then I quit before BC. I started up again and played through BC then quit before WotLK came out. Now i've reupped to do a slow play through with my brothers. We won't be hitting 70+ anytime soon, so there's really no need to pick up the expansions just yet.

And it's just a bummer that I'd have to pay something like 70 bucks if I want to fly around and see how the world's changed.

I do have a couple 70s around, but we're all starting from scratch. Our old guild is full of people that last logged on 5 years ago D:

You don't need the expansions, nor do you need flying mounts, to see how the world has changed. Unless you really want to see how the world has changed from the air. There's nothing you can miss by exploring with regular mounts except maybe for a few rare things and the 80+ zones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom