• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
all of you guys who don't have to fill a ranged slot can stfu. at least you can BUY your f'ing relics. I've been running GB, BRC and DM for almost a month and a half as pretty much trivial content just so I can get a god damned wand. Has never dropped once, not even to be stolen from me.

Ironically in that entire time I think every man higher than me on the DKP rankings has Theressa's Booklight from BWD, so I should seriously be next in line for that.

I suppose one of these days I should just try and do a 2v2 arena team. From what I understand, 4 wins and I can probably buy that wand.........

Vestal

Dunlop said:
Damn just got my Pally to 85..right before they get nerfed to hell today.

I levelled as prot, purchased some green healing gear. Queued for a daily and got Halls of Origination.

First group of mobs pulled without any CC and I kept the whole group alive (although it was hariy a couple of times) and finished with about 50% mana left over. Unfortunately tank DC'ed and we couldnt kick him so group dispursed...so I am still wearing green healing gear :p

A decked out Holy Pally must be a terror for heals, I understand why they are in such demand now

They needed the nerf.. It was out of whack compared to other healing classes, particularly in the mana regen department.

Ret is getting a well deserved boost, and holy/prot are getting rebuke WOOT

borghe said:
all of you guys who don't have to fill a ranged slot can stfu. at least you can BUY your f'ing relics. I've been running GB, BRC and DM for almost a month and a half as pretty much trivial content just so I can get a god damned wand. Has never dropped once, not even to be stolen from me.

Ironically in that entire time I think every man higher than me on the DKP rankings has Theressa's Booklight from BWD, so I should seriously be next in line for that.

I suppose one of these days I should just try and do a 2v2 arena team. From what I understand, 4 wins and I can probably buy that wand.........

My best in slot relic is a 346 blue. At least you have a good epic available to you.

Fularu

Banned
Vestal said:
They needed the nerf.. It was out of whack compared to other healing classes, particularly in the mana regen department.

The ret buff is prety marginal unless the mastery change is good.

Going from 110 to 135% weapon damage on Crusader Strike is hardly going to make ret dps go from abysmal to good.

Fularu said:
The ret buff is prety marginal unless the mastery change is good.

Going from 110 to 135% weapon damage on Crusader Strike is hardly going to make ret dps go from abysmal to good.

Changing part of their physical damage to holy on many key abilities and making those scale with mastery will probably prove to boost damage quite a bit. Remains to be seen, though.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
funkmastergeneral said:
They were supposed to. Is it not currently on live?
Done more testing. I guess it does, but it's working weird to for.

Say I right click a mob out of range and put it on slow walk. It doesn't shoot until I stop then continue moving.
Edit 2: 40 yards away from the dummy, open up with arcane shot while, doesn't auto shot while moving until I stop then start moving again.

Dunlop

Vestal said:

My main is a holy priest, our OS Holy Pali would either be above or below my heal stats by about 2% on each boss fight where I generally would finish with 5-10% of my mana left and he would have at least 60%...and that is with me picking up mana regen items and many macros

It is because of this OPness that we really need a dedicated Holi Paladin : )

We hit a point where our ret pally went from helping us in a pinch with heals to becoming a full time healer. Not something he wants to do and as I just enjoy playing a healer I am fine with swapping out my priest for a pally.....and figuring out a way to transfer all the rep and mounts from my main :p

But I hate large nerfs for any class, these paladins are used to being able to play a certain way now. This patch could have a sever impact on that. Or it might not impace much at all, I really don't know as I am very inexperienced with Pally healing

I more about bringing the classes in line, not nerfing the shit out of one of them

Dunlop said:
But I hate large nerfs for any class, these paladins are used to being able to play a certain way now. This patch could have a sever impact on that. Or it might not impace much at all, I really don't know as I am very inexperienced with Pally healing

I more about bringing the classes in line, not nerfing the shit out of one of them

I have been saying that I would prefer the other healing classes to be buffed instead of us getting nerfed, but we will see how it goes. Since we are clearing the first five bosses of BWD tonight I plan on making a detailed post about the impact tomorrow. My expectation right now is that things will not be that bad.

borghe

funkmastergeneral said:
My best in slot relic is a 346 blue. At least you have a good epic available to you.
this happens. as I said earlier, my bis pre-heroic helm is my justice helm. can you buy that relic? If so.... stfu :p seriously, after a month and a half the only thing keeping me from cataclysmically superior is a damn wand.

Warriors

•Charge now shares diminishing returns with stun effects.
•Cleave damage has been reduced by 20%.
•Hamstring now has a PvP duration of 8 seconds.
•Heroic Strike damage has been reduced by 20%.
•Inner Rage has been redesigned. It now reduces the cooldown on Heroic Strike and Cleave by 50% (to 1.5 second) for the next 15 seconds. 1-minute cooldown. It still cannot be used during Deadly Calm. This ability was originally designed to help warriors with rage capping, but the Heroic Strike and rage normalization changes seem to have solved that problem on their own. This new design will still allow warriors to burn off excess rage faster, at their discretion.
•Recklessness now increases special critical strike chance by 50%, down from 100%, but lasts the full 12 seconds instead of allowing only 3 charges.
•Slam weapon damage percent (at level 80+) has been increased from 125% to 145%.
•Talent Specializations
•Arms
•Drums of War no longer lowers the rage cost of Piercing Howl.
•Juggernaut no longer increases the cooldown on Charge, but instead increases the duration of the Charge stun by 2 seconds. In addition, Charge is usable in all stances, however, the talent now causes Charge and Intercept to share a cooldown.
•Lambs to the Slaughter: Instead of granting 10/20/30% damage to the next Mortal Strike, Overpower, or Execute, it now grants a 10% buff to any Mortal Strike, Overpower, Slam, or Execute that stacks 1/2/3 times.
•Mortal Strike cost has been reduced by 5 rage.
•War Academy no longer buffs Heroic Strike or Cleave. It now buffs Mortal Strike, Raging Blow, Devastate, Victory Rush and Slam.​
•Fury
•In addition to its current effects, Bloodsurge now also causes the next Slam to deal 20% more damage.
•Bloodthirst damage has been increased by approximately 30%.
•Raging Blow weapon damage percent (at level 80+) has been increased from 110% to 120%.
•Single-Minded Fury bonus has been increased to 20%, up from 15%.
•Unshackled Fury (Mastery) now grants 5.6% benefit per mastery point, up from 4.7%.
•Protection
•Charge's stun continues to not trigger diminishing returns for Protection warriors who have the Warbringer talent.​

Are you fucking shitting me? I hate nerf whining as much as the next guy, but Jesus, WTF is this?

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Dunlop said:
My main is a holy priest, our OS Holy Pali would either be above or below my heal stats by about 2% on each boss fight where I generally would finish with 5-10% of my mana left and he would have at least 60%...and that is with me picking up mana regen items and many macros

It is because of this OPness that we really need a dedicated Holi Paladin : )

We hit a point where our ret pally went from helping us in a pinch with heals to becoming a full time healer. Not something he wants to do and as I just enjoy playing a healer I am fine with swapping out my priest for a pally.....and figuring out a way to transfer all the rep and mounts from my main :p

People were used to playing the WOTLK king way and Cat brought a ton of changes. No argument there. On the healing debates for months between the community and developers they said they wanted healers to manage their resource and use strategy when choosing the right spells. This was to be a change from the WOTLK way. If paladins have it very easy with mana regen then they need to be brought to Cat healing with everyone else.

Vestal said:

There's nothing special about Paladin mana regen. We have to judge 6 times per minute to match the regen from a talent like Revitalize (6x per minute which is 48 seconds if used as soon as it comes off cooldown) and unlike that talent judgment doesn't scale with our mana pool and requires us to actively judge which is a lot harder to fit in during intensive healing (just like Divine Plea is).

Our efficiency is the problem. My Holy Light hits for about 10.6K normal raid buffed with Conviction up which hits the Beacon target for 5.3K. Then PoTI hits for 4.6K which hits the Beacon target for 2.3K. One 2200 mana cast and I do 18.2K healing to others and probably never have to heal myself. Because of this very little pushes me over my healing threshold to where I can only keep up by using Holy Radiance and spamming Divine Light unlike other healers being forced to use expensive heals a lot more often.

When you get pushed over that threshold it gets ugly quickly, though. Last night on Nefarian it took us about 5 attempts because we had some new people on the fight. I came out of phase 2 at around 90-95K mana every time by very actively managing my mana except for one time where 2 DPS on my platform had gone into the transition at 70K health and were sitting at 22K right after the first interrupt. I lost one, saved the other, and was sitting at about 25K mana 45 seconds later.

TheExodu5

Banned
Fularu said:
It really isn't

If you blame RNG,. then your strat is bad.
Can't you get hit by a second punt after wind blast if you're unlucky?

Personally, I think the fight is easy as shit...but somehow my guild mates still fuck it up. It's like they forget that tornados are coming...

As for wands, you only need to win 2-3 arena matches to afford the 700 conquest points wands. (One has spirit and the other doesn't.)

If you can't manage that, even if your class is underpowered, then I don't know what to say.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Garryk said:
Don't you need to be in Aspect of the Fox for auto-shot to work while moving?
I can get it to work at level 1 but when I for example open up with arcane shot 40 yards away while moving it doesn't auto shot while moving until I stop then start moving again.

borghe

CarbonatedFalcon said:
As for wands, you only need to win 2-3 arena matches to afford the 700 conquest points wands. (One has spirit and the other doesn't.)

If you can't manage that, even if your class is underpowered, then I don't know what to say.
I've never tried PVP ever. I'm sure it will be fine. It's just bullshit that the only reasonable way to get a wand in the game for a caster is to PVP. I realize RNG and all, but seriously, I have at least 15-20 kills each on each of the three instances not to mention like 3-5 rnus through a bunch of trash in BWD, and still not enough wands to drop to cover like... 5-6 casters? uggh.

PatzCU

borghe said:
I've never tried PVP ever. I'm sure it will be fine. It's just bullshit that the only reasonable way to get a wand in the game for a caster is to PVP. I realize RNG and all, but seriously, I have at least 15-20 kills each on each of the three instances not to mention like 3-5 rnus through a bunch of trash in BWD, and still not enough wands to drop to cover like... 5-6 casters? uggh.

Uh oh. I hope you don't keyboard turn!

C.Dark.DN

Banned
borghe said:
Rogues only have 1 instance with a blue thrown weapon with a lower drop rate. No sympthy for your wand user. Rogues can't use fan of knives without one.

PatzCU

borghe said:
no, I control wow like a FPS. Hopefully that's the right answer, because it's what I do.

Yep that's the right answer. If you turn your character using 'A' or 'S' (similar to a real life tank), then you are screwed for PvP. Actually, if you turn using A or S, you are screwed in WoW period.

You should be fine, just pick up a Warlock buddy and cheese your way through 3 wins in the arena.

borghe

to rephrase, I control the camera like an FPS, and it's pulled all the way back. I actually threw turn on Q and E and strafe on A and D as it is more like FPS controls and feels better.

suppose I'll give it a shot sometime this week. A good RL buddy of mine is in a decent PVP guild on our server, and said he would do PVP with me to cap me out if I wanted. druid (and I can do fire or frost as needed)

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
borghe said:
to rephrase, I control the camera like an FPS, and it's pulled all the way back. I actually threw turn on Q and E and strafe on A and D as it is more like FPS controls and feels better.

suppose I'll give it a shot sometime this week. A good RL buddy of mine is in a decent PVP guild on our server, and said he would do PVP with me to cap me out if I wanted. druid (and I can do fire or frost as needed)
I hate to say it, but you're doing it wrong.

Hotkey abilities to Q and E. Hold down the right mouse button to turn, keep moving with WASD.

Fularu

Banned
Q, E, Z, X, C and F for abilities (on top of 1-6)

W, S for forward/backward

A, D for straffing

Right click to move

Middle click to run

Left click to rotate the camera

At least that's my setup :p

PatzCU

borghe said:

Ya this is keyboard turning. Watch your performance go WAY up if you start turning with the mouse (holding right mouse button and moving mouse).

scoobs said:
2nd phase we would have someone tank the adds and we'd kill one off when we needed the debuff and of course just watch out for tornadoes.

Did you guys just nuke down the adds when you needed to or assign dps to them? Add management was definitely our issue. We lost the debuff constantly.

dimb

Wow, wait, what?
In case you aren't already aware, Luck of the Draw is the name of the buff you get for grouping with random people using Dungeon Finder. It currently provides a 5% buff to damage, healing, and health if you have at least one random player in your group. With patch 4.0.6, we are increasing this buff to 5% damage, healing, and health per random player, up to a maximum of 15%.

And am I the only one with throttled graphics? I literally cannot change the water to anything above fair. This patch is seriously the kind of bullshit that makes me want to just quit.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Dance In My Blood said:
Wow, wait, what?

And am I the only one with throttled graphics? I literally cannot change the water to anything above fair. This patch is seriously the kind of bullshit that makes me want to just quit.
View Distance and Texture Res has been the only thing throttled for me since the shattering, or whenever they released the new UI.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I'm pretty sure you can still set your graphics options as you please by editing the values in the game files.

Mairu

I like this patch. The game runs much smoother and slightly more responsive. I assume it has something to do with the latency change (I see that the interface now lists two different latencies, not quite sure what each refers to). Some animations also seem slightly sped up.

It'll be fun to play around with ret & fury with their respective buffs.

Flib

wow, the buffs to resto druids are really nice. I had hated healing before, did a random and got stonecore, and it was pretty easy even with some sloppiness. I realize there were nerfs to the dungeon, but the 30% wild growth buff and the sped up nourishes are fantastic. I felt sort of powerless much of the time before, like I was barely able to get through many pulls, but I felt much more in control now. Awesome stuff.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Oh damn, they changed the Mandala of Stirring Patterns from a Mastery proc to Int! *drool*

Flib said:
wow, the buffs to resto druids are really nice. I had hated healing before, did a random and got stonecore, and it was pretty easy even with some sloppiness. I realize there were nerfs to the dungeon, but the 30% wild growth buff and the sped up nourishes are fantastic. I felt sort of powerless much of the time before, like I was barely able to get through many pulls, but I felt much more in control now. Awesome stuff.

If you pugged it, you also got the 15% Luck of the Draw buff. ;)

That being said, I got into SFK, we got to Lord Walden and wiped, and wiped, and wiped. I was astounded at how bad those guys were even with the 15% buff :(

Flib

Entropia said:
Oh damn, they changed the Mandala of Stirring Patterns from a Mastery proc to Int! *drool*

That being said, I got into SFK, we got to Lord Walden and wiped, and wiped, and wiped. I was astounded at how bad those guys were even with the 15% buff :(

had some guildies, so it was a 5% buff.

edit: also, bat form fucking rules.

Coeliacus

Flib said:
I've done probably 20-30 random heroics in total and I've never randomed Stonecore. I've only done it once with guildies. I was beginning to wonder if it isn't part of the rotation.

I'm done needing any gear from heroics, so I only do them now for valor. Not much thinking required anymore, every random group I'm with seems to be geared and we just faceroll everything (this is before luck of the draw buff... should be lol).

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Entropia said:

The Luck of the Draw buff hasn't worked since WLK.

J-Rzez

CarbonatedFalcon said:
Cho'Gall best attempts tonight around 50%.

It's annoying in that phase 2 is stupid easy, but phase 1 is super control-heavy. About a third of the raid night lost due to Comcast failing on some people though.

If it's not Comcast, it's Time Warner for our guild that gets our members. I don't understand why this stuff happens. They're far larger than the ISP I use, yet my latencies and dc's due to isp side are far fewer in between. Far more reliable as well, and cheaper, just as fast or faster. It's crazy.

My latency is usually around 82ms, and I'm on the east coast.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Dance In My Blood said:
Wow, wait, what?

Unless you already figured it out, you need to update your video drivers. That's what the game told me to do anyway and that fixed it.

Rokam

I really wish they'd change archaeology to the quest item system. The longer you go without getting a quest item from a mob the higher chance it has of dropping from the next mob. Even if it was only like a 1% increase every 20 artifacts made or something. I'd like to know that RNG won't always be fucking me over. Damn you Zin'Rokh!!!

Zaptruder

Banned
DeathNote said:
I thought hunters were going to get auto shot while moving? Level 1 can't

I'm autoshotting on the move with my hunter.

But moving from survival to marks leaves me feeling angry and bitter.

I loved the mobility of survival. With Aimed shot as the primary skill of the most damaging spec of hunters now, I feel like a turret again.

If Aspect of the Fox allowed us to use Aimed Shot on the move, playing hunter would be a joy.

dimb

Bisnic said:
Unless you already figured it out, you need to update your video drivers. That's what the game told me to do anyway and that fixed it.
Somehow I don't think new drivers have come out recently for my 3 year old laptop.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Zaptruder said:
I'm autoshotting on the move with my hunter.

But moving from survival to marks leaves me feeling angry and bitter.

I loved the mobility of survival. With Aimed shot as the primary skill of the most damaging spec of hunters now, I feel like a turret again.

If Aspect of the Fox allowed us to use Aimed Shot on the move, playing hunter would be a joy.
I did some testing on level one. While moving open up with arcane shot from 30-40 yards away. It wont auto shoot for me while moving until I stop then continue moving. It helps to put it on slow walk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom