• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I wish I could enter the Black Temple and have a nosy around as a level 85. I need a raid group, dang.

J-Rzez

TheExodu5 said:
Melee dps is garbage. Nearly every fight is range stacked, and the ones that aren't have ranged competing effectively with melee.

Sad, but certainly true. I'm fine with moving around and such, just make it so ranged have to deal with it too.

scoobs

Holy shit blizzard just released a hot fix that nerfed death coil by another 25%, as well dark transformation by another 20% and empower ghoul by 2%. HOLY FUCK they just made me instantly unviable. Amazing stuff blizz, glad i spent all this time getting unholy gear. Really worked out or me.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
scoobs said:
Holy shit blizzard just released a hot fix that nerfed death coil by another 25%, as well dark transformation by another 20% and empower ghoul by 2%. HOLY FUCK they just made me instantly unviable. Amazing stuff blizz, glad i spent all this time getting unholy gear. Really worked out or me.
Unholy gear is exactly the same as Frost gear and my guess is that you don't have any actual factual basis to claim you're unviable beyond you saw "X has been reduced by 15%."

Given that every other spec that was topping meters has been nerfed, what could you really expect? Survival was nerfed hard and Affliction is the lowest parsing DPS spec for Warlocks.

It happens. The problem is that your concept is that other DPS specs should be brought up to the level of the highest performing spec rather than outliers brought back to the median.

Angry Grimace said:
Unholy gear is exactly the same as Frost gear and my guess is that you don't have any actual factual basis to claim you're unviable beyond you saw "X has been reduced by 15%."

No, it wasn't necessarily the same. Frost favored mastery WAY more than Unholy prior to the patch, who preferred haste. Now it's iffier, and I haven't checked to see if stat weights were updated somewhere.

On a depressing note, I was just let go of the guild I had applied to 3 weeks ago tonight. Now I'm not sure what I want to do, as the last time I was let go, I quit the game for 6 months.

I have enough gear at this point, so that isn't an issue at all. My problem is that I'm pretty sure there are no other guilds on the realm that will fit me, and leaving 2 other 85s and 2 70s behind is kind of a big deal, since I can't afford (and don't want to) transfer multiple characters all at once.

*Sigh*

I'll probably just play minimally for a week or two and think about it.

scoobs

Angry Grimace said:

Given that every other spec that was topping meters has been nerfed, what could you really expect? Survival was nerfed hard and Affliction is the lowest parsing DPS spec for Warlocks.

It happens. The problem is that your concept is that other DPS specs should be brought up to the level of the highest performing spec rather than outliers brought back to the median.
Welp youre wrong. Unholy = haste. Frost =mastery as best stats.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
scoobs said:
Whelp, according to consider, before considering the hotfix, "2H Unholy > DW Frost = 2H Frost with 2H Unholy being ~2% ahead, DW Frost and 2H Frost being within 0.5% of one another". Regarding the hotfixes he said, "The hotfixes are like a 4%ish nerf, by the way. Make with that what you will. I'll see how weights change tomorrow." So I assume it'll be DW Frost = 2H Frost > 2H Unholy with Frost being ~2% ahead,. If 2H frost is still Haste, like it was in 4.0.3, then Unholy can = Frost (2h) gear.

So you're not inviable. Since you were unholy, one would assume you only had a 2h weapon, so your Unholy gear would = Frost (2h).

scoobs

DeathNote said:
Whelp, according to consider, before considering the hotfix, "2H Unholy > DW Frost = 2H Frost with 2H Unholy being ~2% ahead, DW Frost and 2H Frost being within 0.5% of one another". Regarding the hotfixes he said, "The hotfixes are like a 4%ish nerf, by the way. Make with that what you will. I'll see how weights change tomorrow." So I assume it'll be DW Frost = 2H Frost > 2H Unholy with Frost being ~2% ahead,. If 2H frost is still Haste, like it was in 4.0.3, then Unholy can = Frost (2h) gear.

So you're not inviable. Since you were unholy, one would assume you only had a 2h weapon, so your Unholy gear would = Frost (2h).
I don't want to change my spec is the thing... unholy is freaking fun. I feel like they're over doing it is all im saying. Did you know that DT used to be 100% dmg increase? Now its 60%. Thats huge.

Alex

Then don't change it, it'll likely just wind up being par with Frost, especially with the boon of a pet with no downtime in the current tier. Unholy DPS was sky high prior to the reiterations, it doesn't shock me that they're having to take chunks out of it.

scoobs

Alex said:
Then don't change it, it'll likely just wind up being par with Frost, especially with the boon of a pet with no downtime in the current tier. Unholy DPS was sky high prior to the reiterations, it doesn't shock me that they're having to take chunks out of it.
Really really big chunks... I hope theyve tested it. Theyve overnerfed DKs before, I wouldnt put it passes them to do it again.

Ferny

So just started lvling up my 65 paladin but man, leveling in outlands is so depressing. No one is there, the quests are too similiar and the dungeons are ehh. I need to hit 70 already and get to WoTLK content.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Ferny73 said:
So just started lvling up my 65 paladin but man, leveling in outlands is so depressing. No one is there, the quests are too similiar and the dungeons are ehh. I need to hit 70 already and get to WoTLK content.

Yeah man, and youre lucky to not have played the new vanilla content cause outlands is soooooooo bad comparitively.

glaurung

Ferny73 said:
Get a friend with a high level character to help you out over there. As soon as you get the boss killing quests done that require 3-5 characters, you'll be set.

I spent less than two days leveling through the Outlands and then headed out for Northrend. Had to suppress my OCD in order not to do all the quests and exploration over in the BC area.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
How is battleground xp in the 60-68 range? If me and my friend wants to lvl quickly, is AV still good for that?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
scoobs said:
Dreadblade is better than Blightcaller.

If only they would invent some sort of system where you could turn one stat into another.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Bisnic said:
How is battleground xp in the 60-68 range? If me and my friend wants to lvl quickly, is AV still good for that?
Spent 33 mins in a random AV after a 6 min queue. Lost and only got 42k XP. Getting about 13.5k per quest in Terokkar. ~650 per mob. So, this kill 20 quest is worh ~26k.

Edit: 103k in a 23 min AB win.

Edit2: This alt is level 66 and you need 527k to level.

Ferny

sprsk said:
Yeah man, and youre lucky to not have played the new vanilla content cause outlands is soooooooo bad comparitively.
Oh I have lol thats what makes it so bad. I have a friend helping me too whos 85 (i have two 85's myself) but its just depressing in outlands. They really need to fix that place up. Give it the old cataclysm scrub down.

Bisnic

Ferny73 said:
Oh I have lol thats what makes it so bad. I have a friend helping me too whos 85 (i have two 85's myself) but its just depressing in outlands. They really need to fix that place up. Give it the old cataclysm scrub down.

They already said they would like to improve the Outland, but it's just a matter of "when will it happen?". Not gonna happen soon anyway. They will probably upgrade the classic races models before they even touch Outland.

Rez said:
I wish I could enter the Black Temple and have a nosy around as a level 85. I need a raid group, dang.

Just get any random person to party with you and choose "convert to raid." When my wife wants to solo an old raid, I log on an alt, party with her, and log out again; the character'll still stay in the group even though they're offline.

Ferny73 said:
No one is there, the quests are too similiar and the dungeons are ehh. I need to hit 70 already and get to WoTLK content.

You can go to Borean Tundra or Howling Fjord at 68. You're almost there. :D

Angry Grimace

Bisnic said:
They already said they would like to improve the Outland, but it's just a matter of "when will it happen?". Not gonna happen soon anyway. They will probably upgrade the classic races models before they even touch Outland.
I'm pretty sure the quote was "We aren't interested in changing Outland," not "We'd like to change Outland."

Ninjaedit: "Certainly some of the lessons we've learned in quest flow, mechanics, rewards, etc. could make Outland quests better, but we don't have any plans at this time to go back."

Bisnic

Angry Grimace said:
I'm pretty sure the quote was "We aren't interested in changing Outland," not "We'd like to change Outland."

Ninjaedit: "Certainly some of the lessons we've learned in quest flow, mechanics, rewards, etc. could make Outland quests better, but we don't have any plans at this time to go back."

I'm not talking about the recent post of Bashiok, but something i've seen back in december/november.... who knows, maybe that "we" was only 1 blue opinion.

Meteorain

scoobs said:

Sigh......this is so lame. I was just about accepting the patch nerfs.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Outlands is fastest bracket IMO.

With heirlooms, guild perks, no battlegrounds, no dungeons, and assuming I did my maths correct:

I did ~400 quests from 1-60 after the shattering.
291 in Outlands; 60-70
359 in Northrend; 70-80
470 In the new cat zones to get to 85. 565 total for Twilight Highlands.

Tamanon

Banned
Outlands isn't bad, it's once you hit 68 and think, ALRIGHT TO NORTHREND! And you get there.....and it's such an annoying slog. That's the death of alts to me. Got a 73 Pally sitting there that I keep meaning to get back to, blah.

Especially since you have to be 80 for the new zones, I've only done maybe 5 quests in the 80-85 zones total since I've hit altitis and keep getting stopped around Northrend.

Really need to push the Pally through this week, I swear!

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Bisnic said:
I'm not talking about the recent post of Bashiok, but something i've seen back in december/november.... who knows, maybe that "we" was only 1 blue opinion.

I remember a comment a few months ago but here was a recent one that refers to it:
Edit: Wrong link, correct one: http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/156978/disappointing-statement-from-eu-forums
2011/02/08
Nethaera

As for Outland, we've mentioned before that we wouldn't mind revisiting it at some point in time, but whether or not that happens is still up in the air. Again, we come back to an issue of how that would happen, why it would happen, and what sorts of resources would be needed to make it happen as a part of a larger goal of continuing to advance the game as a whole.

Bisnic said:

Yeah. The consistent blue response is that revamping Outland, putting flying in the BC starting areas, etc. are never going to happen and you shouldn't even think about the possibility that they might, because a community manager's job is to be a good forum biscuit and pretend that things aren't going to ever happen until they're confirmed to be part of an upcoming content patch or expansion. (The official blue response throughout Wrath was "it would be too much work to revamp the old world for flying, so it's never going to happen" even though they'd already started doing that work like a year before Wrath came out.)

The response from Mike Morhaime and Alex Afrasiabi at BlizzCon was that they wanted to do it and they were thinking about how and when, which certainly isn't a guarantee it'll ever happen but is a far cry from "we're not interested in doing it."

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
TBH they should just cut outland. It kind of doesn't make any sense anymore. Make vanilla 1-70 and be done with it.

Bisnic

sprsk said:
TBH they should just cut outland. It kind of doesn't make any sense anymore. Make vanilla 1-70 and be done with it.

My guess is that they will probably update Outlands once we get a proper expansion where we will invade the Burning Legion homeplanet, and at the same time update the story in Outlands so its not about Illidan, Kaelthas, Garrosh being a crybaby in Nagrand, etc. since the Burning Legion have an important lore in there.

Ferrio

Banned
sprsk said:

It didn't make any sense in the expansion either. I'm still confused as hell why they decided to open up the damn thing.

Bisnic

So i just saw on the blue tracker at MMOchampion some thread about archaeology, and some guy mentioned how there is more tolvir digsites than before with the latest patch... but there is no mention of this on the patch notes. Was this confirmed somewhere and i missed it?

PatzCU

Bisnic said:
So i just saw on the blue tracker at MMOchampion some thread about archaeology, and some guy mentioned how there is more tolvir digsites than before with the latest patch... but there is no mention of this on the patch notes. Was this confirmed somewhere and i missed it?

Oh god I hope so

Angry Grimace

Bisnic said:
I would bet 100 bucks they never change the quests from Outland unless they reuse a zone for a future expansion.

J-Rzez

scoobs said:

Oh yeah man, we got freaking crushed. I was already tracking behind ranged which have it far easier in raids, hell, all pve in Cata. Now I just found out they did yet another nerf on top of the sweeping changes made in the patch? It's unbelievable. Now for sure I'm going to be the weak link in our raids. I won't lose my spot, but my guild relied on me to bring dps to help down bosses. Sure, we needed a nerf, but in typical bullshit blizzard fashion, they nerfed us into oblivion and will slowly buff us over the next year. Until then we suffer. Just like how they went overboard in Wrath with nerfing DK's due to PVP mainly, going from a class that needed some tuning to align dmg/utility/control, to something that was mediocre in the following pvp seasons and they didn't bother fixing until Cata launched.

Angry Grimace said:
Dreadblade is better than Blightcaller.

If only they would invent some sort of system where you could turn one stat into another.

Yeah? And Haste >>>>> Mastery still.

And yes, if they'd only invent some system where you can turn one stat into another, and not just 40% of one stat into a selection of others.

TheExodu5 said:
DKs were matching ranged classes in fights. Can't have that.

Oh you know what? I forgot about that. Never mind that melee has to work twice as hard in most encounters than ranged, they still shouldn't do competitive dps. Especially DK's. :p

Lolligag

Bisnic said:
They added 7 more digsites in Uldum for Tol'vir and 2 Nerubian in Eastern Plaguelands.

Too lazy to find post about it.

sprsk said:

That's one of the worst ideas I've ever seen suggested in this thread.

Angry Grimace said:
I would bet 100 bucks they never change the quests from Outland unless they reuse a zone for a future expansion.

I honestly can't see any reason you'd be so confident about this. Redoing old quests once makes this more, not less, likely in the future because now Outland sticks out like a sore thumb between good quests on either side. Outland wouldn't require any geography changes like Cataclysm had (and it's significantly fewer total quests as well) so it'd be a significantly smaller project overall.

Any revamp like this that happened would probably be released alongside an expansion, like the new 1-60 came out with Cataclysm, but it wouldn't really be "reusing" it the way I assume you mean.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Yeah most of the work went into making it flyable. It's neat to look behind the scenes. If you use shaman far sight in WSG it's just floating around in the midldle of no where with floating trees.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom