• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Dance In My Blood said:
Somehow I don't think new drivers have come out recently for my 3 year old laptop.
ATI and Nvidia update drivers often and it depends on which you have installed from the past months.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
DeathNote said:
ATI and Nvidia update drivers often and it depends on which you have installed from the past months.
This isn't how laptops work. I don't know what else to tell you.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Well I'm retarded. I always thought that graphics drivers with laptops had to be released through the laptop's manufacturer. Sorry. Guess I should update my drivers.

Alex

Unlisted change; herbs (at least in Cata zones, unsure otherwise) spawn far more densely now. I got about 6 stacks of Whiptail in 20 minutes or so. For a person on a really, really high pop server, that is amazing to me.

johnsmith

remember me
This patch buffed shadow priests more than I expected. I did 35k on Halfus last week. I did 50k this week. And I don't even have the new intellect metagem yet.

We were already in a very good position and really didn't need this buff at all. Nerf bat beatdown is imminent. Either that, or warlocks and mages need some major buffs.

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
Rokam said:
I really wish they'd change archaeology to the quest item system. The longer you go without getting a quest item from a mob the higher chance it has of dropping from the next mob.
wait, what? it does that?

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
markot said:
I dont think it does that >.< its just a standard drop rate, 50% or whatever...
i don't think it's a set rate either. each quest has a different drop rate for different items; probably at the discretion of the quest designer.

markot said:
I dont think it does that >.< its just a standard drop rate, 50% or whatever...

This was a feature introduced in Wrath - Progressive Drop Rates.

http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/57886

^^Old article that talks about it, but yeah.

As for herbs, I have noticed the denser spawns too. At first I though they may have fixed the phasing issue (which maybe they did), but in Deepholm this afternoon, I got about 5 stacks of Heartblossom in 15-20 minutes. Even if I was the only person gathering at the time, that's still a HUGE buff compared to before.

Other than that, someone got a new tanking toy tonight: http://www.wowhead.com/item=59492

TheYanger

New heroic magmaw (The fixed one that is actually killable as intended) is boring as shit. Sometimes I wish they would leave stuff be :/ *holds lighter up for old kite strat*

Hixx

Soo.... how long until they hotfix Aimed Shot? Hardcasting it as a focus dump is like a 3k dps increase even in 333 ilvl gear, it hits FAR too hard, 41k crits on the dummies haha.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
PatzCU said:
Ya this is keyboard turning. Watch your performance go WAY up if you start turning with the mouse (holding right mouse button and moving mouse).
no, based on what the rest are saying, I strafe with A and D and turn with the camera (i.e. hold down right button and move viewport/facing with mouse).

as for the rest of the suggestions........ derpderpderp... I can't believe in 6 years of playing this game that that it's never occurred to me to reassign a ton of the letter keys I don't use to something useful. mostly I just leave the action bars as they are (1-[=], Ctrl+1-[=], etc) but man..... that changes EVERYTHING. heh, I guess that's what I get when I don't pvp and only need 4-8 action keys for PVE.

regular magmaw through maloriak are now on farm status. one shotted all of them last night. well, I think it was actually 2-3 shots still on chimaeron.. that fight I think will always be somewhat of a skill check for most of our raid. "are you below 10K health? is chimaeron casting Massacre? Do you really want to chance that your healer's going to get you above 10K in the next 1.66 seconds?" unfortunately we still aren't uber enough to deal with feud with more than 1-2 guys dead prior to it (i.e. meteor damage then ends up being too high)

however, aside from those 1-2 wipes, when we then got him down to the final phase it wasn't even close. I think we still had 5-6 of us standing when he went down.

the other three bosses we didn't have one death. tonight we're going to BoT and grabbing quick kills on Halfus and Valonia and then probably working on twilight council. any suggestions? Is it realistic to expect a 25m who's never seen these fights before to hit both Twilight Council and Cho'gall in one night?

Dunlop

Anyone getting graphic or lag issues?

Taking the elevator in BWD would cause my game to go apeshit with graphical stuttering to where I had to exit the game and relaunch, each time I went on that elevator.

I was getting a delay everytime I cast PW:S or Guardian Spirit to the point where I thought my button was broken (they are mapped to my middle mouse button), but then our pally mentioned the same thing when he tries to cast Lay of hands. I'm not sure if I just noticed this because they are "oh shit" abilities or if there is a lag casting any instant spell.

Dunlop said:
Anyone getting graphic or lag issues?

I noticed this during raids on my Holy Pally last night. It wasn't really enough to cause a problem during encounters really, but it was enough to get my attention and make me worry each time. It does seem to be purely graphical.

My guild killed 9/12 bosses available last night. Was a good night. Our raids overall DPS is noticeably higher after the patch. I really hope we're able to kill Al'Akir this week. Of course one of our DPS isn't going to be here for the next two days though. And we're a tight guild of 10 friends with no extras. So who knows how much time we'll actually be able to put into it. Enough to kill it I hope.The kill would make us 11/12.

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
borghe said:
no, based on what the rest are saying, I strafe with A and D and turn with the camera (i.e. hold down right button and move viewport/facing with mouse).
if i'm reading what you quoted correctly, you just said what he said. turning with right mouse button.

borghe

Scrow said:
if i'm reading what you quoted correctly, you just said what he said. turning with right mouse button.
correct. he is saying I am turning with the keyboard. I was saying I've always controlled wow how he is saying, holding right mouse button down and turning viewport/facing with the mouse (and left mouse button to move camera without changing facing).

so I screwed up last night also. I was on guildox when we downed omnotron and somehow I saw it said Security Measure Alpha was an upgrade, but didn't realize I had heroic loot turned on.... faakkkk... is it in bad form to ask for DKP credit on that? Mind you NO ONE else bid on it, and I can shard the ring and give it to the bank. I mean I suppose I can shard it for myself as well, just don't feel like paying DKP for a crystal that I'm not going to use at this second. bah... so annoyed. first freaking DKP win and I screwed up and it isn't even close to an upgrade. I just need to bookmark the correct guildox page being that the parameters are a querystring...

and holy shit at the AH price of those new enchant formulas..... 20K for Enchant Agility on our server. and 1K for the new main stat shadowspirit diamonds.

TheExodu5

Banned
borghe said:

as for the rest of the suggestions........ derpderpderp... I can't believe in 6 years of playing this game that that it's never occurred to me to reassign a ton of the letter keys I don't use to something useful. mostly I just leave the action bars as they are (1-[=], Ctrl+1-[=], etc) but man..... that changes EVERYTHING. heh, I guess that's what I get when I don't pvp and only need 4-8 action keys for PVE.

The other advice I can suggest is to try to move all of your relevant information to the center of the screen. As a Rogue, I use IceHud, and have PowerAuras timers set up for Rupture, Slice and Dice, and Deadly Poison. That way, I know when to refresh my debuffs/buffs, and am able to monitor my health and the bosses health, without moving my eyes from the center of the screen. This will increase your raid awareness ten fold.

borghe

found this on wow insider today.

www.askmrrobot.com

wow.. this site is awesome. their weighting for fire mage is a teeny teeny bit off, but order of weightings are the same. nicest thing about the site is it gives you optimizations on your current gear as well as potential upgrades.

J-Rzez

Yeah, I took a significant hit on my Unholy DK's DPS, that's for sure. Went from topping the meters to riding the 4th/5th place line. Sucks. Some fights all of our DPS was within 1-2k of each other, other fights I was off by 3-4k. I did notice I was having that haste bug far more than usual though last night.

borghe said:
found this on wow insider today.

www.askmrrobot.com

wow.. this site is awesome. their weighting for fire mage is a teeny teeny bit off, but order of weightings are the same. nicest thing about the site is it gives you optimizations on your current gear as well as potential upgrades.
Won't load my character :/

Meteorain

J-Rzez said:
Yeah, I took a significant hit on my Unholy DK's DPS, that's for sure. Went from topping the meters to riding the 4th/5th place line. Sucks. Some fights all of our DPS was within 1-2k of each other, other fights I was off by 3-4k. I did notice I was having that haste bug far more than usual though last night.

Get that mastery and haste up. You'll be fine.

borghe

the patch along with rawr finally incorporating Ignite chomping has change my stats around also. basically puts haste noticeably above crit, whereas crit was supposedly notably above haste before. so off to regem a few pieces and reforge a bunch of it.

Ferrio

Banned
Pally ret dps seems to have been given a really nice bump. Ran a heroic with my friend and he was beating the shit outta things. Never seen bosses go down so fast.

Also, I don't know how many runs I'm up to (30+ ?) on Tides, but the 3rd boss only has 5 items he can potentially drop and I have yet to see the crab.

Macattk15

I had a Bloodthirst crit for 159k last night.

It was on Halfus but still .... god damn. Bloodthirst.

I actually not needing to spam Heroic Strike for high DPS .... allowed me to drop my +hit pretty far from 21% to 11% and raise my crit by about 6%.

HixxSAFC said:
Soo.... how long until they hotfix Aimed Shot? Hardcasting it as a focus dump is like a 3k dps increase even in 333 ilvl gear, it hits FAR too hard, 41k crits on the dummies haha.

Our hunter was bragging about 55k crits in raid, but it seemed like his DPS was on par with or maybe even slightly lower than before when he was Survival.

Seems OK to me, and the best part is that hunters don't keep requesting Dark Intent now.

NB: Pyroblast can also crit for 55k.

wonderdung said:
Our hunter was bragging about 55k crits in raid, but it seemed like his DPS was on par with or maybe even slightly lower than before when he was Survival.

Seems OK to me, and the best part is that hunters don't keep requesting Dark Intent now.

Yeah, it's a 2.5 second cast that you can't spam. So it may be a 50k crit, but you only get it once every 5.5 seconds(ish), and that's only if it crits.

Hixx

Azwethinkweiz said:
Yeah, it's a 2.5 second cast that you can't spam. So it may be a 50k crit, but you only get it once every 5.5 seconds(ish), and that's only if it crits.

And when it bugs (which is very easy to exploit) so you can cast 2 of them within a GCD for 0 focus...

And my MM DPS is 2.5k higher than my SV dps was before the patch.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
So i just did H SFK for the first time yesterday (Yeah i know, never got it in randoms before, and i dont need any blues in there).

This place sucks more than i remember from the old lvl 20 days. Maybe because the fights actually last longer than a few secs.... you can't see anything in there depending on the rooms or stairs! Too small or the walls are too close to each other so that the camera become an issue. It sucks horribly. Deadmines is way better, especially its last boss.

TheYanger

Bisnic said:
So i just did H SFK for the first time yesterday (Yeah i know, never got it in randoms before, and i dont need any blues in there).

This place sucks more than i remember from the old lvl 20 days. Maybe because the fights actually last longer than a few secs.... you can't see anything in there depending on the rooms or stairs! Too small or the walls are too close to each other so that the camera become an issue. It sucks horribly. Deadmines is way better, especially its last boss.

Yeah deadmines has the issues as well but you're not in the caves a lot, SFK the first two rooms especially are absolutely awful. I'm a huge tauren, it's a struggle to even see anything at all besides nameplates and my ass cheeks. You can really tell how they've grown in that regard.

J-Rzez

Meteorain said:
Get that mastery and haste up. You'll be fine.

Perhaps.. I am missing a few key upgrades yet from raiding, and only have a 2pc tier yet. Just looking at my stats:

Haste: 1661 (29.92%)
Crit: 1468 (11.11%)
Exp: 20
Hit: 960
Mastery: 334 (9.68)

With horn up.

I have to go and reforge some stuff again since I got two new pieces of gear last night though. But still, just was a pretty significant dps loss, more than I expected.

etiolate

Banned
CarbonatedFalcon said:
Uh, Shaman were pretty much buffed across the board.

Not really. Ele got some buffs in the wrong areas, while Resto got some pvp nerfs, as did Enhance. Resto got some pve aoe healing increase and they attempted to move Enhance away from caster weapons with WF changes.

As it is, my enahnce DPS is the same but the pvp utility is nerfed, and Ele still is one of the worst specs in the game.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
J-Rzez said:
Perhaps.. I am missing a few key upgrades yet from raiding, and only have a 2pc tier yet. Just looking at my stats:

Haste: 1661 (29.92%)
Crit: 1468 (11.11%)
Exp: 20
Hit: 960
Mastery: 334 (9.68)

With horn up.

I have to go and reforge some stuff again since I got two new pieces of gear last night though. But still, just was a pretty significant dps loss, more than I expected.
Haven't been paying attention to DK stat weights, and not sure if it changed, but this is for 4.0.6:

Strength > Hit to cap > Haste > Mastery > Expertise to cap > Crit > Agility

Alex

I gained about 1000-1500 DPS as Enhance, but I never used the spellpower weapon cheese, so I didn't honestly gain much I couldn't have already had

The parsing bug makes DPS bounce around though, it effects everyone, stuff will go off and do it's job but not parse to the combat log or recount properly. You can see this yourself when there will be odd 0's in your recount where they shouldn't be (like under hits or crits).

Uh, Shaman were pretty much buffed across the board.

Not really so much though, Elemental got a token pat on the back that'll accumulate to nothing, Enhance got shit and Resto got shit with a bow on it.

Elem still needs some mobility, Enhance still needs an AoE and Resto still needs a cooldown or two and a little more throughput that it won't get because of herpa-derp, duelin' box. (again, fourth talent tree for PvP, please)

Poor Resto, Priests and Paladins have too much mana with Tide in addition to their own cooldowns, so they nerf Tide, which is the only cooldown Resto has and now Shamans on hardmodes are needing innervates from Druids :lol

They also overbuffed the fuck out of PW:S, Jesus Christ, it makes the old Glyph of Holy Light debacle seem meek. Common parsing for 13-15k HPS in a 10 man through nothing but PW:S

Zaptruder

Banned
Damn. They just nerfed hunter DPS again :\

Over night, aimed shot crits going from 40k-60k, dropped to 30-40k.

Hot patched, because it was friggin' awesome in PVP (at least noob PVP... 3 sec hard cast is pretty tricky to get off if your opponents are any good).

zugzug

etiolate said:
Not really. Ele got some buffs in the wrong areas, while Resto got some pvp nerfs, as did Enhance. Resto got some pve aoe healing increase and they attempted to move Enhance away from caster weapons with WF changes.

As it is, my enahnce DPS is the same but the pvp utility is nerfed, and Ele still is one of the worst specs in the game.

lol tremor totem is unusable now unless you have deadly boss mods and deadly tells you something is coming up, but you never use it in raids so DBM won't count for it. Tremor Totem is only 6 seconds time it lasts and then its 45seconds cooldown. Woot another totem I'll never ever use gratz thanks blizzard

C.Dark.DN

Banned
so i hear feral was hit hard in pvp? i know a guy switching to restro even tho he invested all his time in getting a the feral pvp set.

J-Rzez

DeathNote said:
Haven't been paying attention to DK stat weights, and not sure if it changed, but this is for 4.0.6:

Strength > Hit to cap > Haste > Mastery > Expertise to cap > Crit > Agility

Yeah, all of my crit is actually reforged off even, it's just the gear i've gotten really. I'd reforge it into haste/mastery if it wasn't already reforged into other stuff. :(

DeathNote said:
so i hear feral was hit hard in pvp? i know a guy switching to restro even tho he invested all his time in getting a the feral pvp set.

They've been pretty normalized, aka, not OP anymore, but still competitive. They just can't go around an arena match/bg and bleed everyone up and go bear anymore and expect to win.

etiolate said:

My enhance DPS has went up by a little bit and it was perfectly fine before.

In pvp i am doing more damage then i was before. I don't feel like i have lost much utility either. Tremor totem was stupid before and i was sick of relying on luck hoping it would work. At least now its more reliable, even if it isn't always as good.

The loss of heroism is bad, but i guess im not noticing as much because i don't run with casters.

J-Rzez said:
They've been pretty normalized, aka, not OP anymore, but still competitive. They just can't go around an arena match/bg and bleed everyone up and go bear anymore and expect to win.

Feral druids were under represented even before the nerfs. I think the nerfs went way to far and i don't think you will be seeing many ferals around anymore.

I never even struggled against feral before, now i just walk over them like their garbage.

Brofist

Wow I must have read the 4.06 patch notes like 100x and didn't remember reading about Arena weapon price increase. Have to wait another week now :/

TheExodu5

Banned
Rogue raid damage now sucks compared to the rest of the classes. Priests, paladins, warriors, and druids seem to be outdpsing on almost all the fights.

kpop100 said:
Wow I must have read the 4.06 patch notes like 100x and didn't remember reading about Arena weapon price increase. Have to wait another week now :/
Apparently its a type, you can buy it at the original prices.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom