• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
charlequin said:
I
  1. I dual-spec different hybrid roles. I wouldn't want to give up one of my two slots in order to be able to PvP even decently when right now I can (mostly) just focus on a different gear set.

1. They could easily add another slot. In fact, they should now.

DeathNote said:
I was thinking about race changing my Death Knight. Don't like how my female Blood Elf looks like without gear on anymore. And with gear on the shoulder models are real small. But, when I started fighting, I like the swing animations on her out of them all.

On the PTR it let me switch races 10+ times before it changed to change features only.
I've been looking at pictures of them all and can't decide really hmm
On looks I'd go blood elf, plus I get 15 energy back, but orcs aren't that bad either with 1000+ap buff, and goblins with their attack speed bonus and jump forward. Goblins are cool now since they're new but hmm, can't decide :|
Guess it will be last minute decision when I get character creator again.
Plus I'm moving my DK too so it's 2 races I have to chose, so might as well go belf rogue and goblin DK.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Nolimit_SS said:
I've been looking at pictures of them all and can't decide really hmm
On looks I'd go blood elf, plus I get 15 energy back, but orcs aren't that bad either with 1000+ap buff, and goblins with their attack speed bonus and jump forward. Goblins are cool now since they're new but hmm, can't decide :|
Guess it will be last minute decision when I get character creator again.
Plus I'm moving my DK too so it's 2 races I have to chose, so might as well go belf rogue and goblin DK.
According to EJ,
Rogue: Goblin>Orc>Troll>BE>Forsaken
DK: Orc>Goblin>Troll>BE>Forasaken>Tauren

Twig

Banned
charlequin said:
It was a second glyphs system, actually. You'd have regular talents, and then glyphs, and then you'd pick one Titan to emulate and get access to a set of seven (or something) extra glyphs that were specific to that Titan. I'm sure it got cut for the same reason Blizzard cuts every non-class-based post-endgame advancement system they invent: balancing 21 specs is already hard and balancing 21 specs crossed with 7 (or whatever) post-endgame "paths" would be exponentially harder.
Ah, yeah, I think I knew that. Shame. I love customization, and while I appreciate not having to THINK as much with the way talent trees work now, I hate the lack of freedom. Really, I wish they'd trash their talent tree system entirely and go the way of... Torchlight. The only requirement for a talent is LEVEL. No filling up a tree from top-down, just be the right level for the right tier of talents (although you still have to "fill up", IIRC, you just do it across multiple "trees" instead of one).

It'd require an absolutely enormous rehaul, though, and I dunno if the playerbase would accept such a thing. Probably not, heh.

J-Rzez said:
With Rift, Star Wars, and Guild Wars 2, this will be the first real test of WoW's dominance if it can stave off all three.
Eh. People say that every other year. U;

Everything I've heard about Rift has been negative - though that may just be WoW-hards shitting down its neck. Star Wars and Guild Wars 2... I just don't know. I want them to be good - well, GW2, anyway... I'm not a fan of Star Wars in general - but every time an MMO developer hypes up their game as much as they are (especially ArenaNET with GW2), it ends up being... rather mediocre. Sure, like WoW, they might become fantastic over time, but they're not going to beat WoW.

I really want to know more about Titan. Rumors abound that it's a confirmed MMOFPS, right? Did Blizzard ever comment on THAT specifically? I don't know. I really want to know more. Pardo is the big PvP guy at Blizzard, or so I've read, and he's essentially at the helm of Titan, right? This makes me... happy.

A random, interesting (to me) tangent: It occurred to me earlier today that when people complain about balance in PvE, I really just can't even begin to empathize. I think I'm mentally incapable of caring enough about PvE to care if I'm the best or worst spec for PvE. I just do what's fun. I see people talk about how this or that class or spec is so much better at healing or tanking or DPSing, and I'm just like "can I do my job as the class I'm playing?" If the answer is yes, then I'm happy. But... when PvP balance is broken, it really does break the entire game for me. I can go from being way overpowered (fun for a while, but a bit monotonous) to ridiculously underpowered (horribly frustrating in so many ways) from one expansion to the next in PvP, but in PvE, I always find my niche, no matter how many people cry about PvE imbalances. I know I'm not a hardcore PvE'er and likely never will be, but I do enjoy it enough that in theory imbalances should bother me. They just... don't.

I dunno why I typed that out, but fuck if I'm gonna delete it now!

My DK isn't 85 yet, having fun leveling him tho. Got blood spec and tanking in dungeons and frost for solo. I mainly use him to get herbs for flasks and money with mining but liking tanking stuff.

As for the rogue, been playing him since 05(06 on this one) and I kinda got thing for rogue so it's always fun for me.
But for someone else I think DK would be more fun to play since they're kinda easymode, but fun :D

Also nerf moonkins, there's one in my guild that has been outdpsing me on many fights :( really good one tho

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
thinking of starting another class and just fooling around for ten levels or so until my subscription runs out.

I played an Undead Shadow Priest. Any tips for something totally different, but also generally considered to be high quality?

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Twig said:
Ah, yeah, I think I knew that. Shame. I love customization, and while I appreciate not having to THINK as much with the way talent trees work now, I hate the lack of freedom. Really, I wish they'd trash their talent tree system entirely and go the way of... Torchlight. The only requirement for a talent is LEVEL. No filling up a tree from top-down, just be the right level for the right tier of talents (although you still have to "fill up", IIRC, you just do it across multiple "trees" instead of one).

It'd require an absolutely enormous rehaul, though, and I dunno if the playerbase would accept such a thing. Probably not, heh.

Eh. People say that every other year. U;

Everything I've heard about Rift has been negative - though that may just be WoW-hards shitting down its neck. Star Wars and Guild Wars 2... I just don't know. I want them to be good - well, GW2, anyway... I'm not a fan of Star Wars in general - but every time an MMO developer hypes up their game as much as they are (especially ArenaNET with GW2), it ends up being... rather mediocre. Sure, like WoW, they might become fantastic over time, but they're not going to beat WoW.

I really want to know more about Titan. Rumors abound that it's a confirmed MMOFPS, right? Did Blizzard ever comment on THAT specifically? I don't know. I really want to know more. Pardo is the big PvP guy at Blizzard, or so I've read, and he's essentially at the helm of Titan, right? This makes me... happy.

A random, interesting (to me) tangent: It occurred to me earlier today that when people complain about balance in PvE, I really just can't even begin to empathize. I think I'm mentally incapable of caring enough about PvE to care if I'm the best or worst spec for PvE. I just do what's fun. I see people talk about how this or that class or spec is so much better at healing or tanking or DPSing, and I'm just like "can I do my job as the class I'm playing?" If the answer is yes, then I'm happy. But... when PvP balance is broken, it really does break the entire game for me. I can go from being way overpowered (fun for a while, but a bit monotonous) to ridiculously underpowered (horribly frustrating in so many ways) from one expansion to the next in PvP, but in PvE, I always find my niche, no matter how many people cry about PvE imbalances. I know I'm not a hardcore PvE'er and likely never will be, but I do enjoy it enough that in theory imbalances should bother me. They just... don't.

I dunno why I typed that out, but fuck if I'm gonna delete it now!
If people want X spec/class because the difference is large and you're Z spec/class you wont be wanted or accepted for the open slot, thus less of chance to able have fun in your preferred spec.

Twig

Banned
DeathNote said:
If people want X spec/class because the difference is large and you're Z spec/class you wont be wanted for the open slot, thus less chances to able have fun in your preferred spec.
No, I get it. I just can't empathize, it is so far beyond my spectrum of caring. U;

My group-of-friends/guild doesn't give a shit what class you play or how good your spec is, as long as you do your part, which almost all specs can, as far as I can tell, as long as you're not an idiot and aren't severely undergeared. I might have a couple thousand less DPS than this or that spec, but I still do enough that we can win, and that's all that matters to us, I guess.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Twig said:
No, I get it. I just can't empathize, it is so far beyond my spectrum of caring. U;

My group-of-friends/guild doesn't give a shit what class you play or how good your spec is, as long as you do your part, which almost all specs can, as far as I can tell, as long as you're not an idiot and aren't severely undergeared. I might have a couple thousand less DPS than this or that spec, but I still do enough that we can win, and that's all that matters to us, I guess.
Take a look at this website http://stateofdps.com/

On the Cho'gall fight, one Unholy DK is worth about two Arcane Mages.

Take any progressing guild, they pretty much relied on a decent percentage of the raid to use the best spec to down the boss. You may be having fun choosing whatever spec, but there's only so many spots open for that.

Guilds spend hours to days to weeks trying to down a boss. If you're that Arcane Mage and a DK comes online... sorry.. you're the weakest link and they spent hours.

Twig

Banned
DeathNote said:
Take a look at this website http://stateofdps.com/

On the Cho'gall fight, one Unholy DK is worth about two Arcane Mages.

Take any progressing guild, they pretty much relied on a decent percentage of the raid to use the best spec to down the boss. You may be having fun choosing whatever spec, but there's only so many spots open for that.

Guilds spend hours to days to weeks trying to down a boss. If you're that Arcane Mage and a DK comes online... sorry..
I'll probably never kill Cho'gall. If I do, it almost assuredly won't be until Blizzard fixes either the raids so they don't require specific classes or fixes the classes so they don't break the raids. I just don't play that fast, because I have way too much Real Life going on. So, yeah. Still just way completely beyond my care-osphere. U:

Anyway, it was really just an observation of myself that I started typing and decided not to delete. Wasn't meant to be a kickoff for a debate or anything.

Who knows why I do the things I do! Certainly not me.

johnsmith

remember me
Rez said:
thinking of starting another class and just fooling around for ten levels or so until my subscription runs out.

I played an Undead Shadow Priest. Any tips for something totally different, but also generally considered to be high quality?

You're only playing for a few levels. Does it really matter? Every class is fun, just try whatever race/class seems interesting to you.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
*shrug*

I just thought there might be a one or two that are particularly interesting/different or something.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Twig said:
I'll probably never kill Cho'gall. If I do, it almost assuredly won't be until Blizzard fixes either the raids so they don't require specific classes or fixes the classes so they don't break the raids. I just don't play that fast, because I have way too much Real Life going on. So, yeah. Still just way completely beyond my care-osphere. U:

Anyway, it was really just an observation of myself that I started typing and decided not to delete. Wasn't meant to be a kickoff for a debate or anything.

Who knows why I do the things I do! Certainly not me.
Every boss has a 10k difference on average between the highest and lowest DPS spec. I'm willing to bet tons of people have raided in the same or less time you've put in the game the past 2 months.

You included a few troll buzz words/phrases by the way. "Crying". "Too much of a real life going on to care".

What do you have to say to the people who don't care about the PVPers "crying" because they have "too much of a real life" and can only focus on PVE? Probable response would have a word that starts with a F, be a total of 4 letters, and have you after it.

johnsmith

remember me
I don't think state of dps is really accurate for the less popular specs. Most players will look at what's best according to simcraft or elitist jerks and automatically pick whatever everybody says is best. The better players, the min maxers, will all take the best spec, even if the difference is small. The only people who'll take the inferior specs will be the players who don't care and just want to have fun.

Read the FAQ and look at how those numbers are derived. They only look at the top 200 people on world of logs. A small difference in Hunter spec damage turns into a 50% difference when every world class hunter is Survival spec, and the only people using the other specs are people who obviously don't care about min maxing.

Cyrillus

Twig said:

Imbalances do bother you, just PVP imbalances, not PVE imbalances. The way you feel horribly frustrated in PVP when you are underpowered is exactly how hardcore PVE'ers feel when they play. Except in some situations those people get even more frustrated because they get forced into a competitive spec they don't particularly like to play, or even worse they get sat for an encounter or raid because all the specs available to them are not as competitive as some other class' spec.

This idea of "I always find my niche in PVE, no matter how many people cry about PVE imbalances" is just as valid (or invalid) a statement if you replace all instances of "PVE" with "PVP."

Twig

Banned
DeathNote said:
Every boss has a 10k difference on average between the highest and lowest DPS spec. I'm willing to bet tons of people have raided in the same or less time you've put in the game the past 2 months.

You included a few troll buzz words/phrases by the way. "Crying". "Too much of a real life going on to care".

What do you have to say to the people who don't care about the PVPers "crying" because they have "too much of a real life" and can only focus on PVE? Probable response would have a word that starts with a F, be a total of 4 letters, and have you after it.
I guess even the most innocent of self-observations is taboo in this thread. Fuck it. You win. I'm done.

Wts 6 85s 12+ 80s 4 70 + .. 85s are tich horde... 80s are on demon soul black rock and tich.. most are horde some alliance. alliance are on Nazgatar. I will not except paypal due to charge back scum, money orders only. I hate mmo's they ruined my life. This account comes with Starcraft 2 on it also,serious offers only.

No45

DeathNote said:
Any good tricks for a enhance shaman? i don't like when I 5 MW lighting bolt a mob or shock one and do not auto attack it.

Edit: I guess I will just macro my abilities to assist myself.

Edit2: Seems to work nice. It doesn't slow you DPS down does it? Automatically doing a /assist before every special ability that is.
If memory serves I just macro'd /startattack to all possible openers.

Alex

What class can you not bring to a raid (StateofDPS is a terrible, inaccurate metric by the way)? Normal mode raiding isn't too strict, hard modes are much more strict but at times people exaggerate those too half the time outside of a few specifics. Long as you're legitimately good at what you do, you can usually make it work.

I do want the whole game to be as balanced as possible, but I do swing towards PvE more, nowadays.

We did our second day of Cho'gall attempts tonight, we completely swapped around our comp so it kinda fudged with some of the learning. Best attempt? ....1%, how fucking aggravating. 300kish HP remaining. Ouch.

Out of raid time for this lock, so we'll hopefully get 'em Tuesday. We had a couple of DC issues and some back and forth on what to do about the eyestalks on Phase 2 that took up a little too much of our small raid session.

Alex said:
What class can you not bring to a raid (StateofDPS is a terrible, inaccurate metric by the way)? Normal mode raiding isn't too strict, hard modes are much more strict but at times people exaggerate those too half the time outside of a few specifics. Long as you're legitimately good at what you do, you can usually make it work.

I do want the whole game to be as balanced as possible, but I do swing towards PvE more, nowadays.

We did our second day of Cho'gall attempts tonight, we completely swapped around our comp so it kinda fudged with some of the learning. Best attempt? ....1%, how fucking aggravating. 300kish HP remaining. Ouch.

Out of raid time for this lock, so we'll hopefully get 'em Tuesday. We had a couple of DC issues and some back and forth on what to do about the eyestalks on Phase 2 that took up a little too much of our small raid session.

Right now, I wouldn't touch a hunter that wasn't survival. Subtlety rogue as well, I wouldn't want to deal with either. Other than those, I'd consider almost everything else.

Tough luck on Cho'Gall. We downed Ascendant Council on Wednesday, and we raid Mon, Tues., Wed., so we're gonna spend the night on him tomorrow. Hopefully we can get him.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Alex said:

Pre-Patch:
Ret Paladins
Sub Rogue
Beast Mastery Hunter
Marksman Hunter

I haven't looked at the numbers post-patch, but I know that MM Hunters are much more in line with Survival Hunters(mostly through Survival's nerfs), and Ret Paladins terrible mastery was re-done.

Alex

Class though, guy, not spec. Ret has a legit gripe since it's a seperate archetype within a class and you can be kind of fucked if they shut that avenue off, but it's really not the end of the world if a pure class has to gravitate towards one of three specs that all do the exact same thing.

It's nice when they are though, not trying to say otherwise. Although, in reality, looking at say... Hunter specs, which, post patch, are all within about 5% of each other, people will still mostly be picking Marksman since it's the best, even by a slim margin. :p

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Entropia said:
Pre-Patch:
Ret Paladins
Sub Rogue
Beast Mastery Hunter
Marksman Hunter

I haven't looked at the numbers post-patch, but I know that MM Hunters are much more in line with Survival Hunters(mostly through Survival's nerfs), and Ret Paladins terrible mastery was re-done.
Retribution is completely viable. It's actually the best spec that brings the 3% damage bonus, above BM Hunters and Arcane Mages.

Downed Atramedes this weekend so we are now 7/12 with only Nefarian left in BWD. We rescheduled our Sunday raid to earlier in the day to allow for the Super Bowl and spent the whole time working on Council with not much luck. Made it to phase three multiple times, but never had the DPS left up to get the kill before the damage got too high. Our best attempt was 10% before we wiped, but we were down two or three DPS moving into phase three. I think people were just not into raiding yesterday so we will see what happens.

I am slightly worried however that I am going to be leaving for the UK for a month this week which means we will be down a healer with an off-spec filling in. I also have taken over running our raids so hopefully things do not implode before I get back. Maybe I will get lucky though and the internet will be stable enough that I can DPS, but my hopes are not high.

lordmrw

Entropia said:
Pre-Patch:

Sub Rogue

This one frustrates the shit out of me. Subtlety hasn't been very good at PVE since the beginning of Naxx and while its decent its still needs work. The easiest way to fix it would be to have the mastery increase the duration of slice and dice and recuperate to make the rotation manageable. Aslo, Sub is hurt by needing to be behind the target at all times to backstab, which in this melee unfriendly expansion is just not viable all the time. Someone suggested making Backstab turn into stab when your in front of the target so it can still be used; I like that idea because sinister strike+dagger is laughable. The times I've used Subtlety and the planets aligned properly and I was able to keep up all 3 (rupture, recuperate, slice and dice) my dps was through the roof. But that just doesn't happen very often.

Dunlop

Wow recruiting is a pain in the ass, we are still unable to fill in a Holi Paladin to the point where I am about to switch my Pali alt to my new main as a Holy Priest would be easier to recruit.

When I left my horde server every 2nd toon was a Paladin. Reading some of the recruitment posts on the wow forums is hilarious

"done 3/12 normal, looking for guild that is at least 6/12 heroic"

I don't get why you would want to play this game if it is just to get carried

/rant

Alex said:
What class can you not bring to a raid (StateofDPS is a terrible, inaccurate metric by the way)?

Class? None. Thankfully, I think we're way past that point these days.

Alex said:
It's nice when they are though, not trying to say otherwise. Although, in reality, looking at say... Hunter specs, which, post patch, are all within about 5% of each other, people will still mostly be picking Marksman since it's the best, even by a slim margin. :p

The really broad rule of thumb is that the worst DPS spec in the game, when played to the hilt, should be at most 15% worse than the best DPS spec in the game, because at that point theoretical DPS differences come out in the wash of player skill, fight mechanics, different gear, etc. If an optimal Beast Mastery Hunter is doing 17k in real-world situations while a Survival equivalent is doing 20k, no one but the top guilds is going to actually meaningfully worry about which spec you're in; the problem comes in when you've got a situation like the current one where an equivalently geared BM hunter is literally doing like half the damage of their SV equivalent.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
BloodElfHunter said:
Wts 6 85s 12+ 80s 4 70 + .. 85s are tich horde... 80s are on demon soul black rock and tich.. most are horde some alliance. alliance are on Nazgatar. I will not except paypal due to charge back scum, money orders only. I hate mmo's they ruined my life. This account comes with Starcraft 2 on it also,serious offers only.
lol. so after being laughed at when asking where to sell your account (aka nowhere) you come to the thread that can't stand you to spam your account there? How the fuck aren't you banned yet?

Pure classes complaining about not being brought to raids can cry me a river, you have 3 specs and only need 1 set of gear to play them. Maybe a weapon swap but that's it, you have it so easy.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Brazil said:
Retribution is completely viable. It's actually the best spec that brings the 3% damage bonus, above BM Hunters and Arcane Mages.

I didn't take that into consideration - you're right.

Also, BLIZZCON!!!!!!!!

What could be better than spending two days checking out the latest versions of Blizzard games, watching eSports tournaments, and chatting with developers alongside a few thousand of your closest friends? We couldn't think of anything either, so we're bringing BlizzCon back in 2011! That's right, BlizzCon will be returning to the Anaheim Convention Center on Friday, October 21 through Saturday, October 22, and will feature an exciting mix of discussion panels, tournaments, hands-on gameplay, contests, and much more.

So stoked! :D

Dunlop

BloodElfHunter said:

lol so someone should just send you a money order, for a transaction that can never be enforced on your end?

How the fuck did I get on Craigslist?

Pure classes complaining about not being brought to raids can cry me a river, you have 3 specs and only need 1 set of gear to play them. Maybe a weapon swap but that's it, you have it so easy.

I don't get this, pure classes that are not needed on raids would be fucked, the hybrids can swap out to heals/dps/tank to fit a need. Why would this not suck for them, bad enough they had no way to get quick queues while leveling, to suddenly not be needed in a raid would be kind of harsh

Dizzy-4U

I noticed how the prices in the auction house go down during the weekend, so I bought like 40 Abyss Crystals at 9G. Now I'm selling them at 15-17G.

Is there another high demanded item that I should keep an eye on? So far the abyss crystals are the only ones that I've found to be quite profitable.

By the way, is Nagrand incomplete or something? I'm killing some mobs on the eastern side but when my character kneels to pick up the loot, nothing happens.

borghe

Dunlop said:
I don't get this, pure classes that are not needed on raids would be fucked, the hybrids can swap out to heals/dps/tank to fit a need. Why would this not suck for them, bad enough they had no way to get quick queues while leveling, to suddenly not be needed in a raid would be kind of harsh
there is a REALLY strong confusion on this page between class and spec. People need to specify.

His point was that the Arcane mage who is left out of the DPS spot can go toss if he wants to QQ left and right but not actually spec out fire as an alt tree. The point is that if a pure class has a viable spec and wants to cry because they want to play a different spec instead, well.. tough shit. I sort of can see both sides to this. On the one hand, we should be able to play whatever spec we want and still be raid viable to a degree (unless there is a spec that is clearly aimed at PvP, i.e. Frost mage). On the other hand, if a pure class has at least one spec that is top of the charts viable and a hybrid class has a spec that is not functional (resto shaman), it should be expected that blizzard first put their focus on getting that hybrid spec up to the point of being competitive and then look at the lacking specs.

IMHO, FOTM in competing specs is perfectly acceptable. Yes many people will often have their favorite spec to play in pure classes.. but FOTM rotation means everyone gets a chance to change up their specs (and gameplay) a little bit now and again. Even FOTM among between classes is fine. However, all hybrid classes SHOULD be competitive in the areas they are meant to cover.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
There's a few topics:
-Pure specs doing less DPS than hybrids but still viable.
-Tank Balance
-Healing Balance
-Specs doing half the damage in real world situations.

My point was, whether you are hardcore or not, you have to care about balance on the last point because you just flat out wont be invited if you do whatever you want and choose it. You may not be effected now but what if you 1st and second favorite spec become half the damage? Do the third, or reroll? It should never be that far apart.

The first seems to be a never ending debate.

Dunlop

gotcha thanks for the clarification. I definately have no sympathy if it is just a spec. I constantly respec (or if you read my post above..will probably give up my main) to do what is necessary to succeed while raiding.

I was on my 3 year hiatus when the whole dual spec thing was introduced, I could not figure out why pure DPS classes are not pissed at being forced to hour long queues while the hybrids could go tank or healer during the leveling process and at the same time do not vasty out dps said hybrid classes when they do DPS. But seeing how I only play healers or tanks in MMO's it did not affect me :p

Raiden

Banned
BloodElfHunter said:

Awesome you played so much WOW that you even use terms outside of the game!

B for Cata

The zones are great overall. Uldum might be the best zone in WoW ever. Vash was annoying to level in, and I quickly left for Hyjal, but whenever I go back to mine/do quests I missed I'm impressed. So in hindsight it's not nearly as bad as I initially felt in the alpha, beta, and launch.

While I definitely like the challenge of the dungeons, I feel they are way too long. Same problem I had with BC, and felt Blizzard fixed in LK by introducing a mixture of short, medium, and long dungeons.

I've haven't raided much so I can't comment too much on it; I've liked what I've seen so far (early BWL bosses and BH)

I'm not into PvP but I really enjoyed skirmishes in Quel Denas (BC) and epic Wintergrasp (LK) battles. TB feels smaller despite it being a big zone, and while it can be fun I rarely feel the sense of accomplishment I'd get in WG by busting through a wall or destroying a tower. My server is dominated by horde, and we rarely won WG but nearly every battle was fun. TB feels almost always feels like a long defeat and it rarely feels like we're accomplishing anything. Basically there's a huge Horde zerg ball that moves from spot to spot, and with 5min left you know you're gonna get fucked.

So yea overall I really like it. Really like the prot warrior changes, making it feel more like a game than me just mashing one button and winning.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
BloodElfHunter said:
After leveling 6 85's you realize you play WOW too much? Vaguely remember you wanting to quit last year.

Either way, sorry, you decided to invest so much time into it, you ruined your life.

Raiden

Banned
So me and my GF booted up our accounts again, just to see her's was hacked once again ... gold and some items gone. Now, i wonder how this is possible while her account was still frozen? Also, she entered my credit card number, think this can do harm? If she has a keylogger something on her computer?

Can't figure out StateOfDps.

Ensidia's mages insist on raiding as frost for single target fights according to their forums. They even say things like "frost is still the best single target spec on the PTR" (after the deep freeze nerf). But if we look at StateOfDps/WoL parses that seems like a ridiculous decision for every fight.

They know something I don't, and I want to know what it is. I did ask on their forums, but they're spammed with so much "here's my armory, tell me what I'm doing wrong" that intelligent (I think?) questions may get lost in the fray.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
wonderdung said:
Can't figure out StateOfDps.

Ensidia's mages insist on raiding as frost for single target fights according to their forums. They even say things like "frost is still the best single target spec on the PTR" (after the deep freeze nerf). But if we look at StateOfDps/WoL parses that seems like a ridiculous decision for every fight.

They know something I don't, and I want to know what it is. I did ask on their forums, but they're spammed with so much "here's my armory, tell me what I'm doing wrong" that intelligent (I think?) questions may get lost in the fray.

I don't know how frost mages are on the PTR, but they are pretty strong on the live servers for PVE. Better than Arcane actually and pretty close to fire, maybe sometime better depending on the fight from what i've heard.

Most people still have the mindset that frost mages are only good in PVP(can't say i blame them when it was like this since 2004), but they should give it a try someday, or play with someone that knows how frost mages work in PVE. I love doing 12k-14k DPS against 5 man bosses and nothing feels better than seeing 6 digits crits with Deep Freeze when i have 2 trinket procs that gives me over 10k spell power.

I'd love to try a raid with mine and see what kind of numbers i would do outside of heroics, but my guild is pretty casual and still gearing in heroics and there is no way im gonna try with a pug and im not someone who enjoy raiding 3-4 days a week to join a hardcore raiding guild.

borghe

Bisnic said:
I don't know how frost mages are on the PTR, but they are pretty strong on the live servers for PVE. Better than Arcane actually and pretty close to fire, maybe sometime better depending on the fight from what i've heard.
fire are "always" better than frost. the differences you see in frost to fire is that fire is crazy reliant on crit, whereas frost is much more consistent. I'm at 351 on armory and critted yesterday for 44K against Maloriak. I almost shat myself seeing 44K popping like it was candy. Total DPS on Maloriak normal was around 24K during the burn phase. However, that's where the crit thing comes in. I could very easily have been under 19K had my crits not gone my way, whereas a similarly geared frost mage could probably easily do 20-21K, thus beating me had my crits not gone as hoped.

Most people still have the mindset that frost mages are only good in PVP(can't say i blame them when it was like this since 2004), but they should give it a try someday, or play with someone that knows how frost mages work in PVE. I love doing 12k-14k DPS against 5 man bosses and nothing feels better than seeing 6 digits crits with Deep Freeze when i have 2 trinket procs that gives me over 10k spell power.
problem is we're talking single target. when dealing with multiple targets (not AOE) or mobility, fire really goes over the top. living bomb on multiple target, impact combustion to spread things around, etc. I can get my multi-target DPS hitting up wards of 18-19K on trash without on-use buffs. and I can cast every single spell in my rotation while moving except fireball, which I replace with scorch for about 90% of the DPS.

I'd love to try a raid with mine and see what kind of numbers i would do outside of heroics, but my guild is pretty casual and still gearing in heroics and there is no way im gonna try with a pug and im not someone who enjoy raiding 3-4 days a week to join a hardcore raiding guild.
yeah, as frost it would be easy to get a spot in a raid.... but everything now is definitely hardcore and most of the casual guilds I am aware of haven't started raiding yet. I wouldn't mind something even a little slower than we are now (the two biggest nights are ironically the hardest for me to make, so even just different nights), but it's just not out there. you are either in a hardcore guild or waiting for your more casual guild to still gear up.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Yeah i know that the biggest issue Frost mages have in PVE is AOE. Blizzard alone sucks, not to mention its mana cost is insane, something like 11k mana. I do better dps using my single target spells than casting Blizzard on AOE situations, unless the number of targets is pretty big.

But yeah, im sure once people get better gear and with T12, the difference between fire & frost mages will get bigger. Frost mages are already close to 100% crit with the Shatter talent when their FoF procs(I think im at 25% crit unbuff, which is 75% chance to crit for most of my spells when FoF is up, which is pretty often to be honest). Once it will get easier to hit 33% crit chance, all that extra crit after that will be useless other than for Frostbolt, while all of fire mage spells will continue to improve in power.

But eh... i will enjoy it while it last, i love their spell rotation and priority system. Beats the Arcane mage i was in WOTLK.

Sai-kun

Banned
BloodElfHunter said:

:10bux:

Okay, maybe $15.

There's some debate and I'm not sure I've seen a real answer one way or the other, but if the 5% crit debuff affects shatter and you actually have it in your raid group, that brings the crit cap down to 28% which is easily attainable. I'm pretty sure I run with 31% or 32% already in a raid... but that's as fire so I'd have an extra 2% from molten glyph.

Ensidia mages were saying they had to reforge away some crit for frost. That crit cap is so low it's scary.

Frost is pretty interesting. I'd really love it if it was viable. But fire is just so strong with high crit levels... I don't know how they'll balance them.

Vestal

Brazil said:

Arcane Mages are viable aswell.. had an arcane mage last night with 4 359s rest 346s doing 19k in Throne of 4 Winds...

But I agree Ret pally is viable aswell.. I have a ret pally myself and usually pull anywhere between 14-17k in raids.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom