• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.
HixxSAFC said:
The brown Druid set is very nice imo, the Rogue set is... stupid though. Looks like it would fit Priests or Mages better, the shoulders and helm anyway.

I love the druid set, but the helm could use a touch more epic. Wings are boss.

FLEABttn

Banned
This shit always gets leaked when I'm at work.

I don't need anyone to rehost the pictures for me (cause those are blocked as well) but two questions:

1) Have the hunter and shammy sets been leaked?
2) Despite it being totally subjective, do they suck ass or not?

FLEABttn said:
This shit always gets leaked when I'm at work.

I don't need anyone to rehost the pictures for me (cause those are blocked as well) but two questions:

1) Have the hunter and shammy sets been leaked?
2) Despite it being totally subjective, do they suck ass or not?

AS far as I've seen Rogue and Druid so far.

Sciz

Big keg 'o nothing on my shaman, but the ram showed up for my old mage.

Wrong way around, but given the reports I'm seeing around of just how many of the things are dropping, the rate seems to be way up. At least for now, as I don't put it past Blizzard to have botched the drop balancing.

notworksafe

Is there a prize for this years Brewfest, like the steins of previous years? I pretty much only do holidays for the prize and the associated feat now that I have my Violet Drake.

Flib said:
Not feeling the druid set at all, though I'm one of the few who are happy with the look of the t10 set.

I hate the druid T10 (Little Shop of Horrors).

I kinda of like the druid T11 one.

I'll be laughing at rogues if that one goes live.

notworksafe said:
Is there a prize for this years Brewfest, like the steins of previous years? I pretty much only do holidays for the prize and the associated feat now that I have my Violet Drake.

It's the same stein as last year. Nothing new at all.

Dunlop

Damn, just went on the PTR with my priest.

I thought I would like there new skill tree system...I do not

There is almost no customization to be had. I know that most specs are pretty FoTM but at least we had the choice

Dunlop said:

There is almost no customization to be had. I know that most specs are pretty FoTM but at least we had the choice

That's how I feel.

They should just let you choose which tree you want to specialize in and give you the rest automatically once you pick.

Anyone else having an issue with the PTR downloader where it downloads for a while then all of a sudden it shuts down your whole internet connection and you have to restart your NIC in device manager and force quit the downloader?

ampere

Flib said:
I like my druid sets to be more threatening, I guess.
Still look fierce while in Bear form >:O

I think the set looks neat, but since I'm always shapeshifted I really just care about the Shaman set.

Flib

ciaossu said:
Still look fierce while in Bear form >:O

I think the set looks neat, but since I'm always shapeshifted I really just care about the Shaman set.

Yeah, I'm MS bear as well, but this matters for my resto off-spec, since we won't be shapeshifted much.

Evlar

Banned
I'm going to be honest and admit I don't really care how the tier gear looks because I probably won't be wearing much of it- potentially none of it.

ampere

Flib said:
Yeah, I'm MS bear as well, but this matters for my resto off-spec, since we won't be shapeshifted much.
I'm resto OS as well, and slightly bummed about no tree all the time :/

Still holding out for a glyph, really.

ciaossu said:

Some might say you're lucky I'm still gonna be stuck in a fat moonkin form come Cataclysm.

They could at least offer some customization of the moonkin forms like they did for bear/cat.

Evlar

Banned
ciaossu said:

I'm ecstatic about it. I'll be able to mind control resto druids.

firex

KernelPanic said:
Some might say you're lucky I'm still gonna be stuck in a fat moonkin form come Cataclysm.

They could at least offer some customization of the moonkin forms like they did for bear/cat.
various colors of moonkin, and the associated ANGRY GOTH moonkin for worgen druids, would be excellent.

Dunlop said:

I'm confused, because this sounds like the exact opposite of their design goal. I could've sworn Ghostcrawler said they wanted many talents to be necessary, but then give flexibility when it comes to some of your points.

notworksafe

HarryDemeanor said:
It's the same stein as last year. Nothing new at all.
Lame. Not even a new feat, Blizz? Oh well...back to LOTRO.

EDIT: Also, thanks krypt0nian! Just got an email from Blizzard that I got a free month from that Scroll of Resurrection I sent to you! :D

Entropia

No One Remembers
funkmastergeneral said:
I'm confused, because this sounds like the exact opposite of their design goal. I could've sworn Ghostcrawler said they wanted many talents to be necessary, but then give flexibility when it comes to some of your points.

It's a huge drawback going back to the 31 pt tree system. You pretty much have to take all the talents in your tree to be useful. There's only 2 talents, for example, in the Elemental tree that aren't really needed for a build... and 1 of those talents you would take only for PvP purposes, leaving the other one as kind of a "Uhm, useless" talent.

notworksafe said:
Lame. Not even a new feat, Blizz? Oh well...back to LOTRO.

EDIT: Also, thanks krypt0nian! Just got an email from Blizzard that I got a free month from that Scroll of Resurrection I sent to you! :D

Yup I meant to tell you that I re-upped. Enjoy!

Stuggernaut

Grandma's Chippy
Been playing my Mage on PTR, setting up my bars and talents and getting some practice in with the new stuff before the patch goes live. I don't want to be stumbling around on my first raid night after patch ;P

I know a lot of mages are complaining, but I have been a fire mage for many years now...and I don't see an issue. Also as I think someone mentioned already, fire in PVP is just funny now :lol ...free cast & mobile scorches?? Yes please! plus the new flamestrike & blastwave combos...crazy.

I will be shelving my frost pvp spec if this all stays as is.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Flib said:
I like my druid sets to be more threatening, I guess.
I kinda know what you mean. I have a set made-up that I use from time to time to idle in Thunder Bluff and it's the only one where I've had comments that I looked scary :lol

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Mr Pockets said:
Been playing my Mage on PTR, setting up my bars and talents and getting some practice in with the new stuff before the patch goes live. I don't want to be stumbling around on my first raid night after patch ;P

I know a lot of mages are complaining, but I have been a fire mage for many years now...and I don't see an issue. Also as I think someone mentioned already, fire in PVP is just funny now :lol ...free cast & mobile scorches?? Yes please! plus the new flamestrike & blastwave combos...crazy.

I will be shelving my frost pvp spec if this all stays as is.
Mage actually seems really similar to me in new vs. old except it just magically does a bit more damage :lol

And Frost is magically fun (although not competitive with Fire yet)

speedpop

DeathNote said:
Screen shot
Nothing too special but tada.

5jzne9.jpg

Rokam

I'm thinking the rogue helmet really needs some work. It looks perfect on a gnome, but it looks so terrible on humans. I actually like the look of it too, then again I loved the blue mage gear in FF11.

speedpop

krypt0nian said:
What set is that? Looks amazing for RP.
I'd link my armory but he's not wearing it so I'll have to do it the old fashioned way.

Druidic Helmet of Second Sight
Stormshroud Armor
Stormshroud Gloves
Wildheart Belt
Kilt of Deific Torment
Furred Worgslayer Spaulders
Brunnhildar Harpoon

You could use Moonshroud Robe instead of the Stormshroud stuff but I prefer the little runic design a bit more, especially if you use a tabard. The cloak is just a random green cape, so everything is pretty easy to grab at 80 solo.

LowParry

Angry Grimace said:
Mage actually seems really similar to me in new vs. old except it just magically does a bit more damage :lol

And Frost is magically fun (although not competitive with Fire yet)

It'll get there. I hope Frost turns into the raid spec.

speedpop said:
I'd link my armory but he's not wearing it so I'll have to do it the old fashioned way.

Druidic Helmet of Second Sight
Stormshroud Armor
Stormshroud Gloves
Wildheart Belt
Kilt of Deific Torment
Furred Worgslayer Spaulders
Brunnhildar Harpoon

You could use Moonshroud Robe instead of the Stormshroud stuff but I prefer the little runic design a bit more, especially if you use a tabard. The cloak is just a random green cape, so everything is pretty easy to grab at 80 solo.

Ah cheers speedpop!

Did you see that GC finally relented and completely changed the resto Druid mastery?!

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=26850267419&pageNo=4#64

New Resto druid mastery: Increases the potency of your heals on targets upon which you have a hot.

It benefits both hots and direct heals equally while still supporting Resto being a healer that cares a lot about hots. It encourages layering different spells while disincentivizing Rejuv blanketing.

Examples:

1) You cast Regrowth on someone who has a Rejuv = bonus healing.
2) You cast Nourish on someone who has a Lifebloom = bonus healing.
3) You Swiftmend a Rejuv = bonus healing.
4) You cast a Rejuv on someone who does not have a Regrowth, LB or WG on them = no bonus healing.
5) You cast Rejuv on someone who has a Rejuv = no bonus healing. (You merely refreshed Rejuv.)
6) You cast a Wild Growth = bonus healing on those with preexisting hots.

Flib

Anyone else get a 10mb mini-patch on live with cataclysm colors? I'm seeing some other people on mmo-champion who got this too.

speedpop

C.Dark.DN

Banned
I'm at 5.1k and haven't even got past the 1st ICC boss in the 10 man normal. no guild and pugs want 5.5K+. :/

oh well, that's what i get for going on a long hiatus. maybe i'll do a run at 85 since i'm sure as hell not going to farm loot at this point. just cause it's stressful and too little time.

in the center of dalaran, i can see the fall of the lich king... isn't it supposed to be secret? lol

Maxrpg said:
oh shit son. Cata is so fuckin close.

In other news, I got two more pieces of 264 gear tonight. Sitting at 5736 GS now, yay :D

Shit, I was out for a year. Plus I was Bear spec, so my healie set is crud!

Cannot wait for Cata so I can catch up with blues and learn2heal with the new changes with everyone else! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom