• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

firex

enhancement is a little better in the current ptr build. With the buffs they receive in cataclysm beta (not shown on the ptr build, mainly talking about how buffed WF/FT/EL weapon imbues are) they could be a more competitive dps. and primal wisdom as a passive not only makes sense but allows them to keep their mana up. However, this proves that shamanistic rage needs a redesign so it's more of a dps cooldown. It should be some kind of combined offensive/defensive enrage if you ask me. Keep the current damage reduction, give it some kind of dps buff while active, or make it transform spells or whatever.

until you have to move for whatever reason in the fight and then you lose 75% of your dps, which blizzard said they would try to address and haven't even come close to doing so far. It's like they just don't give a fuck and believe tweaking the numbers enough will somehow make up for the terrible design at its core.

Tacitus_

LAUGHTREY said:
It's just a base model. The mount with the saddle will probably come a little later.

I don't really think "Scorpion" when I think Horde, at least not like Lion and Alliance.

Yeah, Horde doesn't really have an emblem animal.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
firex said:
I don't know. It's a free heal that procs on a 3/6% chance (2 point investment, not 3) when you cast your mainstay healing spell or smite.
No, it's 3, you have to put a point into Trinity to access Surge of Light and Trinity is a buff to Smite that Pve healers won't use almost ever. A 6% chance to proc is an utterly abysmal proc rate. You'd see it maybe once in a long fight, if you even remembered to hit the button.

Bisnic said:
Surely they are going to add some exclusive non-Worgen mount to Alliance so they're not far behind Horde when it comes to collecting them.

Oh no, my cheevoz! everything has to be equal!

Also what is this shit avatar I have

J-Rzez

Color me pleasantly surprised that we got a new riding model for the Horde. I suppose it's not finished yet as it doesn't have the guild banner shit on it yet. But I'll say this. It's cool, especially since I feared it would be another wolf.

WTF.. this is the 3rd or 4th time now we had a "background downloader" run. I don't think this week, but the following can be a prime candidate for the new patch.

ampere

funkmastergeneral said:
Oh no, my cheevoz! everything has to be equal!

Also what is this shit avatar I have
Apparently the Alliance was 2 mounts up over horde so this should balance things out.

Your avatar is like that because it was larger than 90*120 150kb or hosted somewhere not allowed.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
ciaossu said:
Apparently the Alliance was 2 mounts up over horde so this should balance things out.
Usually, faction mounts total to 6.

The Streaming Launcher with the PTR/Cataclysm is nice, but it crashes way too much to be worth the trouble in my opinion.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
ciaossu said:

Your avatar is like that because it was larger than 90*120 150kb or hosted somewhere not allowed.

Goblins will have more than 2 mounts. Almost every race have like 6 or 7 mounts. It's not just like the Frostsaber that gave Alliance 1 more mount than Horde for the first years.

Angry Grimace

Bisnic said:
Goblins will have more than 2 mounts. Almost every race have like 6 or 7 mounts. It's not just like the Frostsaber that gave Alliance 1 more mount than Horde for the first years.
Of course, the Horde had mount restrictions on certain races back in the day, too.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Finally wrapped up some old rep achieves this weekend: Consortium, ZG and Timbermaw 2 more reps for 40 exalted... BG reps? Yeah right! :lol

Question for those on the PTR: The talent/gem/stat changes are in - are the new class/race combos in? Or is that in the mini patch after this current patch??

Angry Grimace

Entropia said:
Finally wrapped up some old rep achieves this weekend: Consortium, ZG and Timbermaw 2 more reps for 40 exalted... BG reps? Yeah right! :lol

Question for those on the PTR: The talent/gem/stat changes are in - are the new class/race combos in? Or is that in the mini patch after this current patch??
It's one of those features that you can only access if you buy Cataclysm. It exists within the game, you just can't have it.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Angry Grimace said:
It's one of those features that you can only access if you buy Cataclysm. It exists within the game, you just can't have it.

Oh? My understanding was that the new class/race combos would be implemented prior to Cata.

Angry Grimace

Entropia said:
Oh? My understanding was that the new class/race combos would be implemented prior to Cata.
I don't understand your question.

They surely exist in the code of the game in 4.0, but you can't select those class combos without buying the expansion, same as Worgens and Goblins.

mclem

HarryDemeanor said:
And here you have it folks...
Source

Sucks for Alliance mount collectors.

[EDIT] I jumped the gun.

I wonder if they'll put in an alternative bonus for levelling rep with Gilneas, then. Mounts were always the primary reason to get your city reps up.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Angry Grimace said:

They surely exist in the code of the game in 4.0, but you can't select those class combos without buying the expansion, same as Worgens and Goblins.

Is this confirmed? I read that you would be able to play as the new race/class combos in the mini patch prior to the release of Cataclysm... but not sure if it's the patch currently on the PTR or if it's the next one.

For further clarification, I mean Troll Warlocks, Tauren Paladins, etc.

Rokam

I believe the new class changes are for 4.03, so the patch that brings about the world changes, which will be out just shortly before Cata hits.

Angry Grimace said:

The new race/class combos will be free to all before Cataclysm hits in 4.0.3.

firex

Entropia said:
Is this confirmed? I read that you would be able to play as the new race/class combos in the mini patch prior to the release of Cataclysm... but not sure if it's the patch currently on the PTR or if it's the next one.

For further clarification, I mean Troll Warlocks, Tauren Paladins, etc.
not confirmed. angry grimace is assuming things again.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
So new players need to buy wotlk to play as goblin? That doesn't really seem inviting for new players. As far as current players go... it's definitely a push to level a new character. But, that's only a few week push.

Hixx

firex said:

new combos have been confirmed to come with the pre-Cata update. Obviously Goblins and Worgens will have to wait until Cata proper goes live though.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
oh, here we go, info from gamescon 2010

"Patch 3.9 and preparing for Cataclysm's release

* Patch 3.9 will introduce the Cataclysm world event, which will begin taking place and culminate a few weeks before the expansion releases, with the Cataclysmic destruction actually taking place at that point.
* The new race / class combos and 1-60 content will be available before World of Warcraft: cataclysm launches.
* The servers will come down when the event culminates, and when they come back up you'll see the intro cinematic and all of the updated Azeroth will be available.
* Blizzard is still trying to decide whether Archaeology will come out before or when World of Warcraft: Cataclysm releases.
* 80-85 content and the Goblin and Worgen races will not be available until release day."

I read it as "races" and didn't see the last line when I posted earlier.

Ashodin

DeathNote said:
oh, here we go, info from gamescon 2010

"Patch 3.9 and preparing for Cataclysm's release

* Patch 3.9 will introduce the Cataclysm world event, which will begin taking place and culminate a few weeks before the expansion releases, with the Cataclysmic destruction actually taking place at that point.
* The new race / class combos and 1-60 content will be available before World of Warcraft: cataclysm launches.
* The servers will come down when the event culminates, and when they come back up you'll see the intro cinematic and all of the updated Azeroth will be available.
* Blizzard is still trying to decide whether Archaeology will come out before or when World of Warcraft: Cataclysm releases.
* 80-85 content and the Goblin and Worgen races will not be available until release day."

I read it as "races" and didn't see the last line when I posted earlier.
It's a little different now, but basically

4.0.1 - Talent changes, UI changes, Pre-Cata Twilight Hammer Event
4.0.3 - BOOM cataclysm! Cinematic, 1-60 content, Race/Class.
Nov 2 - Buy Cata, play cata.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
[Althor's Abacus] FINALLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Angry Grimace

firex said:
Well, why wouldn't we assume that? I have no reason to assume it wouldn't be the same as most other features they add in the game via expansion. I guess its possible that it could just be free, but I wouldn't just automatically presume that. I mean, it wouldn't be life alteringly surprising if they are just freely available, but I would still be surprised.

It seems reasonable to me that a feature introduced with the expansion would be a part of it.

Tamanon

Banned
Angry Grimace said:
Well, why wouldn't we assume that? I have no reason to assume it wouldn't be the same as most other features they add in the game via expansion. I guess its possible that it could just be free, but I wouldn't just automatically presume that. I mean, it wouldn't be life alteringly surprising if they are just freely available, but I would still be surprised.

It seems reasonable to me that a feature introduced with the expansion would be a part of it.

Yeah, but the world is being remade for non-Cata players also. The whole point of the new race/class combos is that it's part of the 1-60 world change.

Plus, Blizz has given stuff touted for expansions to non-buyers before. See Inscription.

Angry Grimace

Tamanon said:
Yeah, but the world is being remade for non-Cata players also. The whole point of the new race/class combos is that it's part of the 1-60 world change.

Plus, Blizz has given stuff touted for expansions to non-buyers before. See Inscription.
Well, I wouldn't be super surprised, but it seems like they give you things for free in ex. packs if they couldn't reasonably NOT give it to you.

LowParry

DK tanking on the ptr seems a bit more easier from the last. Vamp Blood needs to be fixed with the health %. Probably could use a little more of an aoe agro however not having access to all the glyphs make things not pushed to their full potential. I think I may main my DK tank over my mage. They're a lot of fun.

firex

at this point if I play any of my 80s in cataclysm it will be my warrior. shaman isn't terrible, but they have a lot of work to go on enhance for me to play it and I don't like elemental. Paladin is actually really good, but I just don't like the new prot style. The lack of abilities to fill in some of the longer gaps with is pretty annoying, and the holy power mechanic only seems like it really benefits ret.

Rokam

Brewfest = win. Easiest 2 emblems of frost ever, took me longer to load into the instance than to kill the boss. :lol

CassSept

Wow @ rogue T11.
You've got to be kidding me. And you thought that rogue in SWP gear shone like a christmas tree? Oh yeah, that certainly looks like gear a silent assasin would wear.
@_@

firex

damn, warlock is so fun on the ptr right now. But seeing the pet changes I am probably not going to do demonology as a leveling spec, since the voidwalker is the tank pet through and through.

hunter is also fun, but god, I am really liking the changes warlocks get as much or more than hunters. part of it is that warlocks still feel a little more complicated than hunters. part of it is also that I haven't done premade hunter yet, so I don't get to see what they're like with a full set of abilities at level 80.

J-Rzez

Oh boy, leaked T11 shots, those two sets so far do not look promising. That's a shame about the rogue set, as generally they've all been respectable to flat out awesome looking to date as far as tiers go (outside of T9 of course, but we should all probably try to forget those days of T9 for everyone).

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
J-Rzez said:
Oh boy, leaked T11 shots, those two sets so far do not look promising. That's a shame about the rogue set, as generally they've all been respectable to flat out awesome looking to date as far as tiers go (outside of T9 of course, but we should all probably try to forget those days of T9 for everyone).

I kinda like the druid set. Rogue is another story though. The big yellow lights on the horde leather T9 set was already crazy enough. Now you have some blue glowing shit on the shoulders & helm. Nothing stealthy about that.

Hixx

The brown Druid set is very nice imo, the Rogue set is... stupid though. Looks like it would fit Priests or Mages better, the shoulders and helm anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom