• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
I just now realized that when people say the opposing side has Tenacity in WG, that it's a buff. I thought they just mean they were being persistent. :lol

Cipherr

DeathNote said:
I just now realized that when people say the opposing side has Tenacity in WG, that it's a buff. I thought they just mean they were being persistent. :lol

Haha awesome.

Im finally finishing brewfest on my main. Its been the last one needed for the Long Strange Trip achievement for like 2+ years.

Hixx

Acidote said:
Coren Direbrew = easier & faster frost badges in WoW. Even easier than those from the IC5 questline.

I'd NEVER done it before and by the time I'd zoned in and buffed up he was at 40% :lol

firex

alchemy is now so awesome I have to decide if I do it again on my warlock (since, despite how good mages are, I don't think I will keep leveling mine). This thing is like one of the greatest additions to the game. Along with that potion that turns you into a giant green dinosaur who can still use most of his abilities.

Im so glad I picked alch on my DK :lol the mount looks awesome.

Has anything been mentioned about the price of epic flying? I dont want to dump 5k on my dk having epic flying if its going to cost 500g in a moth

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
So i see the pre-cata event is starting on PTR.
I have got the story right in that the Twilight Cult are bringing Deathwing into Azeroth which is going to cause the sundering?

EDIT: Also glad my DK has alchemy, that mount looks goooood.

DeathNote said:
Looks like you can fly in Northrend at 68 for 500g. http://wow.joystiq.com/2010/09/20/cataclysm-beta-cold-weather-flying-at-68/

Artisan at 5k still is really annoying for alts.

It's 4k if that character is exalted with whichever faction your main one is in Northrend.
(i.e Alliance Vanguard or whatever the horde equivalent is).

firex said:
I think epic flying cost remains the same. It's still the biggest gold sink.
Bollocks.
Oh well time to farm/earn money.

Im kinda thinking about just spending all my frosts on orbs, they go for like 400g but then the JP conversion might make it worth keeping them.

lordmrw

I got my newly max leveled Paladin a piece of Tier 10 because of the Fire festival boss in a week and a half. I might as well do the same for my DK. Damn shame too, in the span of 2 and a half weeks my paladin was more geared than my DK that I benched a long time ago. Was kind of embarrassing looking at the dude on my character select screen with his ugly gear.

firex

as a side note, you do save 1k if you are exalted with either alliance vanguard/warsong offensive, or for horde at least, just exalted orgrimmar. which I totally recommend getting because it's very, very easy. the easiest horde rep to max out by far. I'm not sure what the alliance equivalent is, but it's whoever trains flying in outland. Probably stormwind rep.

If anybody's wondering like I was/am, most of the dps ratings/green stats that go away with 4.0.1 are replaced with crit. Like ArP and AP are both replaced with crit, probably the same for spell penetration (pretty much never see that on anybody's gear). tank/healing stuff is a bit easier converted, and spell power is changed to int. defense rating seems to be converted kind of arbitrarily into dodge/block/parry rating, at least going by my paladin and warrior's tank sets. mp5 goes straight to spirit, same with gems with mp5.

heirlooms also got changed. I noticed no more spirit on the tattered dreadmist stuff. That's replaced with crit. Actually, pretty much all heirlooms now are primary dps/healing stat (int/str/agi), stamina and crit along with the exp bonus. The caster trinket is int, melee trinket is unchanged. MH sword heirloom is a total rogue weapon now, agi/stamina/crit. 1h mace is also a rogue/shaman weapon. agi/stamina/crit/haste, less agi and crit than the MH sword. 2h mace is the same as the 1h, agi/stamina/crit/haste, and the token fire resistance. daggers are agi/crit/hit, bow is agi/crit/hit.

currently doing WG so I can see what the pvp heirlooms are like.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Coren Direbrew is such a joke, even easier & faster to kill than a old heroic boss.

They could have at least double his health or damage or something.

At least, it's 4 easy frosts each day for alts.

firex

ok most pvp heirlooms are the same. caster stuff has crit in addition to resil, the gun has agi/crit/resil, the melee gear is still agi or str/stamina/resil.

on a side note, I barely pvp and all my shit got converted to 37k honor points. the item level 232 epic pants/251 shoulders cost 763 points, and they're the most expensive items. I am totally going to be able to buy all the pvp gear I could want.

and AP still exists on a few items. the dps cloak and one of the melee trinkets give AP, but if there's an option for a choice between str and agi, then they make it. It's probably just not giving a fuck with gear that will be outdated by quest greens.

Aesthet1c

Does anybody have any tips for phase 1 of the Lich King? We just started attempts on him last night and we kept running into snags. Mostly on what to do with the shambling horrors and necrotic plague. I've seen videos where the MT and OT stand like right next to each other, and I've seen video's where they spread out in a triangle like shape. So I'm not really sure which method works best. I'm also confused as to how necrotic plague jumps. Does it just go to the nearest person? Or a random person within 10 yards?

As for the horrors, Im the OT and I keep pulling ghouls over to me so that the plague will jump between them and gain stacks to kill the horrors, but I still can't seem to get it to stack high enough that it burns the horrors down like I've seen in the tankspot videos. In their videos, horrors are dying before a new one even spawns.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Turning into a dragon will be awesome. It'd be even more awesome if it is instant cast, my swift flight form feels lonely.

Aurarian

idlewild_ said:
you can save 1k by being exalted w/the appropriate faction in hellfire peninsula.

Yep. I got my druid's skill with only 4.2k or so.

This last week has been pretty good to me. No Neverending Winter but I got my Sanctified Ymirjar gloves from VoA 25 and had enough frost to finally get my Sanc helm as well for my warrior tank. Not to mention that over the weekend, I finally got the other binding for Thunderfury and now use it for dailies and messing around in heroics. My druid finally hit 80 and she's up to 4.4k gs with a just a day or two of grinding badges. However, I have some threat management problems with her. This is mostly single target as for multi mobs I have a swipe+maul macro and that usually takes care of that. From what I hear on EJ, the rotation is Mangle+FF+X+Swipe and basically queuing Maul all the time while doing it. BTW, I have maul macro'ed to Mangle and Lacerate. Only FF doesn't have maul macro'ed.
X= Lacerate stack application or keeping it from falling.

Sometimes I get it going right and I'm doing 6k-7k tps, but most of the time the ramp up time is so long that I get someone over me and then have to taunt back and start over. Don't know why I'm having problems. Maybe it's a gear thing, but I'm over hit cap and expertise has gone down a little because of the 245 helm I got last night. I don't think that is the problem though.

Dunlop

Acidote said:
Coren Direbrew = easier & faster frost badges in WoW. Even easier than those from the IC5 questline.
:D

I queued for it the first time last night, he was dead before I finished buffing the group and I got the Ram mount.

What sucks is on my prot pally alt, the trinket that drops is pretty damn good (plus dispences beer...) but I just finished spending my first 60 frost on the tanking trinket : (

Dunlop

Aesthet1c said:
Does anybody have any tips for phase 1 of the Lich King? We just started attempts on him last night and we kept running into snags. Mostly on what to do with the shambling horrors and necrotic plague. I've seen videos where the MT and OT stand like right next to each other, and I've seen video's where they spread out in a triangle like shape. So I'm not really sure which method works best. I'm also confused as to how necrotic plague jumps. Does it just go to the nearest person? Or a random person within 10 yards?

As for the horrors, Im the OT and I keep pulling ghouls over to me so that the plague will jump between them and gain stacks to kill the horrors, but I still can't seem to get it to stack high enough that it burns the horrors down like I've seen in the tankspot videos. In their videos, horrors are dying before a new one even spawns.

For us the tank and OT are not beside each other but pretty close. The range group needs to group slightly back from them. When someone gets the plague they need to run to the OT and have you healer dispel it when he gets there so it jumps to the mobs. Rinse and report

J-Rzez

Aesthet1c said:

We first tanked him around the circle from the portal in which you zone in on. Spaced to the right of that our OT would round up the adds, in range to pick up all the ghouls to help bounce the plague around to. When melee/ranged gets it, they run over to behind the ghouls/horrors and get dispelled.

Best to tank him out as far as you can to make it easier for Phase 1.5's transitions.

Dunlop

If I can offer any advise on killing the LK. Get your guild to master each phase 1,1.5, 2 ect before worrying about the next phase.

My guild was so concerned with the overall fight that we took forever to down him.

I was almost gkicked on many occasions bitching at the officers for even talking about phase 3 when the majority of times we would have at least 5 people die in phase 1.5.

Sindrosa and LK are the 2 fights in that dungeon where a single idiot will wipe the entire raid (Defile is the devil....) over and over until he is taught properly. You cannot really carry anyone in these fights

Doomwalker is such a bag of dicks, I heard he drops 2 epics and 500g and a solo DK can take him, get him to 20% and his rage is nuts even with 40khp he drops my ass :/

oh and just got exalted with alliance folk so its 4k! few k to go till I waste it on a mount speed I never use thanks to dungeon finder :lol

Aesthet1c

Thanks for the tips guys. So does your OT end up tanking the ghouls then as well? What we tried last night was have our paladin MT on LK and ghouls, me (warrior) holding horrors and occasionally taunting ghouls over, but like I said the horrors just didn't seem to die fast enough. I tried getting as many ghouls as I could, but I was limited to my taunt cooldown to bring them over.

I was almost thinking it might work better to swap tanks and I tank just the LK while the paladin tanks the ghouls and horrors, that way the plague stacks high enough to kill the horrors fast enough. But with that many jumps, I have to worry about the buff stacking too high on LK.

We do P1 right by the stairs in the corner. OT tanks horrors.

If you get plagued you run to the OT (don't stand in front of the horror) and get dispelled. Then you run back.

The entire raid stands next to the ice pillar thingy a short distance away.

Bisnic

Johnlenham said:
Doomwalker is such a bag of dicks, I heard he drops 2 epics and 500g and a solo DK can take him, get him to 20% and his rage is nuts even with 40khp he drops my ass :/

oh and just got exalted with alliance folk so its 4k! few k to go till I waste it on a mount speed I never use thanks to dungeon finder :lol

Epic flying riding skill is never a waste. If all you do from lvl 15 to 80(85 with Cataclysm) is standing in a city without ever questing, farming or exploring outside, it must be a very boring game.

Flib

Aurarian said:
Yep. I got my druid's skill with only 4.2k or so.

This last week has been pretty good to me. No Neverending Winter but I got my Sanctified Ymirjar gloves from VoA 25 and had enough frost to finally get my Sanc helm as well for my warrior tank. Not to mention that over the weekend, I finally got the other binding for Thunderfury and now use it for dailies and messing around in heroics. My druid finally hit 80 and she's up to 4.4k gs with a just a day or two of grinding badges. However, I have some threat management problems with her. This is mostly single target as for multi mobs I have a swipe+maul macro and that usually takes care of that. From what I hear on EJ, the rotation is Mangle+FF+X+Swipe and basically queuing Maul all the time while doing it. BTW, I have maul macro'ed to Mangle and Lacerate. Only FF doesn't have maul macro'ed.
X= Lacerate stack application or keeping it from falling.

Sometimes I get it going right and I'm doing 6k-7k tps, but most of the time the ramp up time is so long that I get someone over me and then have to taunt back and start over. Don't know why I'm having problems. Maybe it's a gear thing, but I'm over hit cap and expertise has gone down a little because of the 245 helm I got last night. I don't think that is the problem though.

What weapon are you using? Are you having rage issues at all?

I personally don't recommend macroing Maul, but then I use a Naga mouse and it's really easy for me to keep it lit up if I need to. Bears are pretty reliant on their weapon for AP...if you're really having issues, maybe gem a bit for agility, as that increases AP and still provides some mitigation.

Bears have really good single target threat in general, so once you ramp up, it shouldn't be a problem. Also, remember to use Beserk. Spamming mangle = no ramp up time in threat.

Bisnic said:
Epic flying riding skill is never a waste. If all you do from lvl 15 to 80(85 with Cataclysm) is standing in a city without ever questing, farming or exploring outside, it must be a very boring game.

Well im 80 now and on my dk I have no reason to leave Dal other than to go to the AH I dont bother with dailys or any of that crap on him as alch have none and I dont need money badly.

It will be good for cata but its still a waste in that I have to spend 4k and be broke, not that the skill is junk!

Aurarian

Flib said:
What weapon are you using? Are you having rage issues at all?

I personally don't recommend macroing Maul, but then I use a Naga mouse and it's really easy for me to keep it lit up if I need to. Bears are pretty reliant on their weapon for AP...if you're really having issues, maybe gem a bit for agility, as that increases AP and still provides some mitigation.

Bears have really good single target threat in general, so once you ramp up, it shouldn't be a problem. Also, remember to use Beserk. Spamming mangle = no ramp up time in threat.

Right now for my weapon I have http://www.wowhead.com/item=49793. I haven't had any luck with Marrowstrike and I can finally do HoR with the random tool to get the orca harpoon which is probably better anyways. I use one of my mouse buttons for the swipe+maul macro I mentioned earlier. I use the scroll wheel for enraging before I pull. In Bear form I have about 5.3k ap, 36% crit. These numbers are coming from the top of my head and I'm not sure of them. So far, I've only been socketing stam. The druid tank from the guild alliance we have told me to macro it into them as maul is an integral part of bear threat. I know that he's doing it right because he does enough threat fto get over the dps we have that 10k-12k. I just don't know what it is I'm doing wrong.

Here's her armory.
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Blackhand&cn=Ailiais

Dunlop

Johnlenham said:
Well im 80 now and on my dk I have no reason to leave Dal other than to go to the AH I dont bother with dailys or any of that crap on him as alch have none and I dont need money badly.

It will be good for cata but its still a waste in that I have to spend 4k and be broke, not that the skill is junk!

On this topic, is it 4/5k for all your toons. I thought it was but a guildy mentioned that once you purchase it once it becomes 1k for the rest of your toons. Which would be awesome, my Pally has the Bronze and Blue drake just waiting to be flown:D

LowParry

Aurarian said:

I'm no expert of any shape or form of Druids but you could look into other builds that could help out and also a change of glyphs if needed. If not, keep on farming out badges for gear. Once you hit around 4.7 in gear score, look to get into ICC10 runs (if pugs are willing to take. I have a hard enough time getting my tank in with a 4.9 gear score. Fucking sucks cause I know I can tank very well). Get in on weeklies and if you find the occasional ToC runs, try to get in on them as well.

Flib

This is going to sound strange, but a lot of really good bear gear is PVP. You can trade in stone keeper's shards for honor in wintergrasp if you don't like PVPing. It's a good way to get solid pieces while gearing up. Even in ICC I still have a few of them. My hunter was my main throughout WOTLK, and I only recently leveled my druid and made him my main (MS bear). I haven't raided like crazy with him since my guild is sort of on hiatus until Cata, but here is my armory (you can see a few pvp pieces...I've never had any threat/mitigation issues in ICC while using them).

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Hyjal&cn=Barkface

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Flib said:
Anyone else get a 10mb mini-patch on live with cataclysm colors? I'm seeing some other people on mmo-champion who got this too.

After downloading the second part of the 4.0.0 patch i got this.
Do we know what it is yet? Because it actually updated things and isn't just sat there waiting like these other ones.

Aurarian

Flib said:
This is going to sound strange, but a lot of really good bear gear is PVP. You can trade in stone keeper's shards for honor in wintergrasp if you don't like PVPing. It's a good way to get solid pieces while gearing up. Even in ICC I still have a few of them. My hunter was my main throughout WOTLK, and I only recently leveled my druid and made him my main (MS bear). I haven't raided like crazy with him since my guild is sort of on hiatus until Cata, but here is my armory (you can see a few pvp pieces...I've never had any threat/mitigation issues in ICC while using them).

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Hyjal&cn=Barkface

My only option for PVP gear would have to be BG's because alliance on my server don't win WG much at all. Ratio is like 10-1 I think. I think it has to be something that I'm doing wrong with my rotation.

Aurarian said:
Right now for my weapon I have http://www.wowhead.com/item=49793. I haven't had any luck with Marrowstrike and I can finally do HoR with the random tool to get the orca harpoon which is probably better anyways. I use one of my mouse buttons for the swipe+maul macro I mentioned earlier. I use the scroll wheel for enraging before I pull. In Bear form I have about 5.3k ap, 36% crit.

I use the same spec as you and I struggled with threat when I was at that gear level so much I quit tanking and went OS resto and cat for a while.

It was better until I got my harpoon and then http://www.wowhead.com/item=51797. I think it's just gear.

What you can also do is put armsman enchant on your gloves.

Aesthet1c

Cindres said:
Do we know what it is yet? Because it actually updated things and isn't just sat there waiting like these other ones.

This is just a guess, but I thought it was the brewfest stuff.

Dunlop said:
On this topic, is it 4/5k for all your toons. I thought it was but a guildy mentioned that once you purchase it once it becomes 1k for the rest of your toons. Which would be awesome, my Pally has the Bronze and Blue drake just waiting to be flown:D

You can send cold weather flying to alts and that's 1k but epic flying is solely based of rep with North rend faction/SW, its 4k now im exalted with them.

I do thin it would be nice to be able to by a tome for 1k for alts as I will have spent 9k on being able to move faster! saying that theres not alot else you can buy these days.

Flib

Aesthet1c said:
This is just a guess, but I thought it was the brewfest stuff.

There is no new brewfest stuff (even the souvenier stein is the 2009 one), and I did all of it before I got the patch.

Bisnic

Yeah, threat sucks as a bear if you dont have some ICC gear. My bear has like 4.8k GS, but even then i have much more trouble holding aggro than when my warrior was around the same lvl. I just switched to cat yesterday, there is no fun in bear tanking when you can't hold threat by spamming the 1 aoe skill you have (shitty swipe).

At least with my warrior, charge + glyphed Cleave + TC + Shockwave is enough to make sure they will never leave me during the first seconds of a pull.

Ashodin

Damn I forgot that you can do both the heroic and Coren, which means you can snag at least 4 badges a day. With VOA10/25 (4) and ICC (Minimum 12 - 13, up to 24 - 25) 10/25 (Minimum Both 24 - 25, up to 48 - 50), you could get a T10 piece easy!

Brewfest is 16 days.

16 x 4 = 64 badges if you just did dailies.

Add in two weeks of VOA 10/25 (since Brewfest ends on a Tuesday)

64 + 8 = 72 badges (Dailies + VOA)

Add in ICC 10/25 man, let's say you're just PUGing and you get to Rotface/Festergut (so 12 badges total, 24 between both, and let's throw in the weekly too, so 29 for one week, 58 for two, then the raid weekly adds 10 more to make 68)

72 + 68 = 140 badges (Dailies, VOA, PUG ICC 10/25, luckily getting both ICC weeklies, and raid weekly)

Damn son. That's a larger piece of T10 (head,chest,pants) and still some to spare!

mclem

Cindres said:

Just prep stuff, nothing special:

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/t/26859268669/mini-patch/

It was a patch to the background downloader and other tools to help address issues some were experiencing in getting the larger 4.0.0 pre-download.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Maxrpg said:
Damn I forgot that you can do both the heroic and Coren, which means you can snag at least 4 badges a day. With VOA10/25 (4) and ICC (Minimum 12 - 13, up to 24 - 25) 10/25 (Minimum Both 24 - 25, up to 48 - 50), you could get a T10 piece easy!

Brewfest is 16 days.

Add in ICC 10/25 man, let's say you're just PUGing and you get to Rotface/Festergut (so 12 badges total, 24 between both, and let's throw in the weekly too, so 29 for one week, 58 for two, then the raid weekly adds 10 more to make 68)

72 + 68 = 140 badges (Dailies, VOA, PUG ICC 10/25, luckily getting both ICC weeklies, and raid weekly)

Damn son. That's a larger piece of T10 (head,chest,pants) and still some to spare!

neat, i don't need gear tho (because i gave up this late). just need badges to convert into Justice Points

so, according to this calculator... Triumph and Frost have the same conversion? i just need to do randoms i guess.

wait, i need over 1,400 combined

fuck that

Maxrpg said:

Brewfest is 16 days.

Heroic and "coren"? I'm probably having a brain fart, but wat?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom