• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hixx

mclem said:
I don't heal, but *surely* a heal that is both *instant* and *free* has its uses?

Only in really 'oh shit moments' and even then if it doesnt proc being 'free' you still kind of feel underwhelmed.

lordmrw

I've always wanted the Nightstalker talents to be baseline for all specs. 4 second stealth with no movement speed reduction is awesome, as well as the increased range on TOTT.

So, some scattered thoughts on the English notes:

• Again, glad the LW agility mail will get its deserved sockets, but annoyed that they waited until now to add it when everything else got it in 4.0.6.
  • Huge and much-needed changes to shaman AOE! The Earthquake change should be a significant improvement overall for Elemental in AOE situations, while the Fire Nova change ought to make it dramatically more useful with the shorter cast time and
  • Interrupts will always hit. Curious if there's anyone who can afford to skip out on capping spell hit now.
  • I remember a time in vanilla where those rogue stealth changes would have produced enough QQ to flood the earth.

charlequin said:

• Again, glad the LW agility mail will get its deserved sockets, but annoyed that they waited until now to add it when everything else got it in 4.0.6.
  • Huge and much-needed changes to shaman AOE! The Earthquake change should be a significant improvement overall for Elemental in AOE situations, while the Fire Nova change ought to make it dramatically more useful with the shorter cast time and
  • Interrupts will always hit. Curious if there's anyone who can afford to skip out on capping spell hit now.
  • I remember a time in vanilla where those rogue stealth changes would have produced enough QQ to flood the earth.

This is pretty huge for DK tanks as now we don't have to hit cap so that we can interrupt bosses we're tanking (oh hi, Aracanatron and Maloriak!)

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Interesting...sounds like Firelands and CoT at the same time. If they release raids in pairs like that, it would at least make sense for that timeline they put out of just 3 major content patches.

Entropia

No One Remembers
charlequin said:

Tanks, resto shaman, holy pally's that throw in the odd interrupt on a fight like Nef, Cho'gall, etc.

I'm a bit skeptical that there's no mention of Firelands on these patch notes. But I guess if they want to do the concurrent raid instances thing I guess Firelands and CoT at the same time is nice. I mean there's not a LOT of people who done with the current content anyway, so it'd be rather quick to put in a new raiding tier.

Thoraxes

Entropia said:
Tanks, resto shaman, holy pally's that throw in the odd interrupt on a fight like Nef, Cho'gall, etc.

I'm a bit skeptical that there's no mention of Firelands on these patch notes. But I guess if they want to do the concurrent raid instances thing I guess Firelands and CoT at the same time is nice. I mean there's not a LOT of people who done with the current content anyway, so it'd be rather quick to put in a new raiding tier.
Blizzard has taken to doing progressive patch notes, so don't expect to see everything right away. The difference between what's on the patch notes now, and what will be on them in 2 months will be immensely different.

Think of it as the teaser/appetizer if you will, just to let people know that yes, it will be happening soon, and here's a couple things you may be interested in if you wanna participate.

Personally, i'm just waiting for the Abyssal Maw announcement, feral druid changes, and how and where I can get those new mounts. Also, i'm pretty excited for the revamped heroics, and the fact that the first major content patch after the expansion will likely have THREE new heroics! It took all of WotLK for that to happen, and I hope they keep up with releasing more heroics with every patch.

Tamanon

Banned
Eh, I assume they're still rolling out the raids, considering there're i391 and i378 trinkets in the patch. At least one of them will happen, I'm thinking two, if only because the trinkets have multiple versions for strength dps/casters and tanks.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Tamanon said:
Eh, I assume they're still rolling out the raids, considering there're i391 and i378 trinkets in the patch. At least one of them will happen, I'm thinking two, if only because the trinkets have multiple versions for strength dps/casters and tanks.
Given there's some coding for a CoT caster legendary, it would seem both are coming simultaneously.

I wonder if those "Fire hawks" are new mounts, or just more recolored Ashes of Al'ar. If they are, they're probably fucking TCG mounts. :(

Sai-kun

Banned
Angry Grimace said:
Given there's some coding for a CoT caster legendary, it would seem both are coming simultaneously.

I wonder if those "Fire hawks" are new mounts, or just more recolored Ashes of Al'ar. If they are, they're probably fucking TCG mounts. :(

Firehawk makes me think Dragonhawk.

Also this thread of Ragnaros 'shops is mildly funny :) http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/857684-New-ragnaros-model...-Without-legs!-fan-made

Azwethinkweiz said:
This is pretty huge for DK tanks as now we don't have to hit cap so that we can interrupt bosses we're tanking (oh hi, Aracanatron and Maloriak!)

Ah, yeah. Pretty sweet for you, then.

Angry Grimace said:
Interesting...sounds like Firelands and CoT at the same time. If they release raids in pairs like that, it would at least make sense for that timeline they put out of just 3 major content patches.

Yeah. I seem to remember various Blizzard types saying that they wanted to keep raid boss density comparable but individual raids smaller (which makes a lot of sense to me, at least, but is probably more taxing on their artists.) A seven-boss Firelands and six-boss War of the Ancients would give us the same boss quantity as Ulduar.

Entropia said:
I'm a bit skeptical that there's no mention of Firelands on these patch notes.

No mention of Abyssal Maw either. Usually the notes for the major content patches balloon quite a bit by the end, and they don't generally include all the new "major content" (dungeons and raids) upfront.

Thoraxes said:
Also, i'm pretty excited for the revamped heroics, and the fact that the first major content patch after the expansion will likely have THREE new heroics!

This is by far the best news to me. I'm in a small F&F guild (which very much fits my preferred play style) and I doubt we'll get anywhere close to finished with any raid tier before it's supplanted, so knowing that there'll be new stuff I'm guaranteed to be able to do myself is nice. (And I've never run ZA or ZG myself, so they're both new to me.)

Angry Grimace said:

There's two of them, so they're very likely not TCG mounts (there's only one of those added at a time and they're always distinct from anything you can get in the regular game around the same time.)

Actually, based on the list, I'll bet very strongly that the new Raptor and Panther are drops in the retooled troll 5-mans, the hippogryph is probably a raid drop, and the two firehawks are probably tier-achievement rewards like the wind drakes, plated proto-drakes, etc.

Angry Grimace

Sai-kun said:
Firehawk makes me think Dragonhawk.

Also this thread of Ragnaros 'shops is mildly funny :) http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/857684-New-ragnaros-model...-Without-legs!-fan-made
They have Pheonix icons and there's a dragonhawk in ZA

Alex

As many legitimate complaints as I have with some things, I feel sorry for Blizzard, most notably their CMs. Their community is a special kind of retarded. I just spent 10 minutes on the forum and counted five different classes adamant that Blizzard doesn't play them because of minor tweaks or them not getting a golden goose in the preview notes. :lol

That's about the time where they break out their proof of this, usually being a community manager who, several years ago, made a minor mistake about an ability in a game with hundreds of thousands of spell effects. Bravo.

charlequin said:
[*]Interrupts will always hit. Curious if there's anyone who can afford to skip out on capping spell hit now.

This was absolutely needed. They designed a lot of fights around interrupts and especially in 10-mans, you have to make a lot of weird decisions as to who to put where and hope that you don't miss your interrupt. There's no room for "Whoops missed, someone else get it" usually. Especially on a fight like Nef Phase 2.

TheExodu5

Banned
My kick was dodged by Halfus on Tuesday. I had no idea interrupts were subject to expertise.

Is it no longer subject to expertise cap either?

TheExodu5 said:
My kick was dodged by Halfus on Tuesday. I had no idea interrupts were subject to expertise.

Is it no longer subject to expertise cap either?

Does kick do damage? It's only interrupts that do no damage. I know that mind freeze is only on the hit table, we don't have to worry about dodge or parry.

Hixx

cuevas said:
What is your reasoning? If you are running primarily 5mans or in PvP I can see why you would want to take it but in raids it is definitely not worth it.
(holy)

I do all 3, so yes. And I like my Prot offspec so its a good talent imo.

Mairu

I'm extremely pleased about the interrupt change, especially after they gave Rebuke to all paladin specs. I am going to be very disappointed if the WoG change goes live without any other changes to the Protection tree. Changes made for PvP balance that annoy with PvE are extremely irritating :|

C.Dark.DN

Banned
"With the Zuls returning, you may be wondering about the unique mounts that were once contained therein. We're pleased to announce that new versions of the rare raptor, tiger, and bear mounts will be available, while the old versions of these mounts will remain unique to those who already have them. We'll reveal more about how these updated mounts can be obtained in the future.
"

Nice

Entropia

No One Remembers
Alex said:
As many legitimate complaints as I have with some things, I feel sorry for Blizzard, most notably their CMs. Their community is a special kind of retarded. I just spent 10 minutes on the forum and counted five different classes adamant that Blizzard doesn't play them because of minor tweaks or them not getting a golden goose in the preview notes. :lol

That's about the time where they break out their proof of this, usually being a community manager who, several years ago, made a minor mistake about an ability in a game with hundreds of thousands of spell effects. Bravo.

When you can understand how a group of belligerent and angry posters can drive away people from this game with an uncrafted and improvisational campaign of misery and spin-doctoring, then perhaps, you can understand the decisions I make. Until you face mobs of psychology, you will not see my side.

Until you see some bright-eyed player coming onto the forums wanting to know what they should spec as this class, and see them shat on and driven away by petty and selfish people who are simply leveraging for game buffs, you will not understand.

You will not understand until you have to see it daily, for years...

Until you understand that many people will trod over you to get where they're going, or to get what they want.

Until you understand that so many people will agree, completely, 100% with a loud, vulgar and assertive individual, not because he is right, but because he is making a stand against "the Man"; to take no critical thought in what they say, but simply to hop on board.

Until you actually try to acknowledge those who do not speak on the forums, for whatever reason they have, you will not understand.

If you think an archaic business formula like "the customer is always right" works, you fail to understand customers, not a customer. It is a collective. No one person, even myself, is truly above the whole.

I simply have the unfortunate quality of being easily singled out.

Alex

Tseric's mini-"breakdown" was great, watching him tell off people and still remain whole-fully eloquent. He was probably the best CM those boards will ever have.

I don't know though, until they separate PvE and PvP talent trees, things will never be perfect, but it is my opinion that this is, by far, the most balanced any MMO I've ever participated in has ever been, although it 's certainly had some bumps the past couple months it's better than going back to classic style and waiting for your class review!

The Hunters though, they drive a close friend of mine nuts. He played one during BC and as such is constantly in awe of their improvements, despite their PvP issues. It always makes for amusing random interjections. He'd probably take less offense if our Hunters weren't so fucking lazy though. I like that it leads to "grandpa" like stories though. IN MY DAY, FEIGN DEATH, DRINK, BUFF THE PET, BEFRIEND A HEALER TO HEAL THE PET, BLAH BLAH BLAH.

Are any new raids coming with 4.1.0?

Firelands, at least (7+ bosses, openish raid zone in Hyjal), not sure if any extra. What we see so far is just the first bit of the patch.

Well I'm already excited about 4.1.

The Ignite change for fire mages is very awesome. New ilevel 391 trinkets are all really crazy. ZA and ZG coming back... I'm kind of indifferent, but I don't mind them bringing low quality epics back into 5 man content.

The guild reputation tabards are great, but that is something that should be in the game now. I'll probably be guild exalted by the time the patch hits.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Alex said:
Tseric's mini-"breakdown" was great, watching him tell off people and still remain whole-fully eloquent. He was probably the best CM those boards will ever have.

I don't know though, until they separate PvE and PvP talent trees, things will never be perfect, but it is my opinion that this is, by far, the most balanced any MMO I've ever participated in has ever been, although it 's certainly had some bumps the past couple months it's better than going back to classic style and waiting for your class review!

The Hunters though, they drive a close friend of mine nuts. He played one during BC and as such is constantly in awe of their improvements, despite their PvP issues. It always makes for amusing random interjections. He'd probably take less offense if our Hunters weren't so fucking lazy though. I like that it leads to "grandpa" like stories though. IN MY DAY, FEIGN DEATH, DRINK, BUFF THE PET, BEFRIEND A HEALER TO HEAL THE PET, BLAH BLAH BLAH.

Firelands, at least (7+ bosses, openish raid zone in Hyjal), not sure if any extra. What we see so far is just the first bit of the patch.
Will the first tier be put on Justice Points?

Alex

Unsure, maybe. What I figure they'd do is put the current tier on justice and roll current valor points into justice points.

Also, why can't they just make legendaries omni-archetype at this point?

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Alex said:
Unsure, maybe. What I figure they'd do is put the current tier on justice and roll current valor points into justice points.

Also, why can't they just make legendaries omni-archetype at this point?
Well what I'm getting at is there's a sweet spot where T11N can be Justice, T11H can still be useful for Firelands, and guilds have an easier time in T11H heroics including the boss you wanted to down.

Decent patch notes, but of course, gotta dick over those priests and warm up some instance leftovers. Disco is Cata's Holy confirmed.

They better not have Jin'do, Jek'lik and company just reappear or nothing lazy like that. If it's all new bosses, that could work.

Rokam

SatelliteOfLove said:
Decent patch notes, but of course, gotta dick over those priests and warm up some instance leftovers. Disco is Cata's Holy confirmed.

They better not have Jin'do, Jek'lik and company just reappear or nothing lazy like that. If it's all new bosses, that could work.

You may want to do the Northern STV quests.

Angry Grimace

wonderdung said:
Well I'm already excited about 4.1.

The Ignite change for fire mages is very awesome. New ilevel 391 trinkets are all really crazy. ZA and ZG coming back... I'm kind of indifferent, but I don't mind them bringing low quality epics back into 5 man content.

The guild reputation tabards are great, but that is something that should be in the game now. I'll probably be guild exalted by the time the patch hits.
Never seen such a hotly anticipated nerf

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Ugh, I can't get anything done on the PTR. One server's world goes down randomly. The other has such bad lag that it's completely frozen when I try to log in 80% of the time.

thatbox

Banned
cuevas said:
Just trying to see why a holy pally would use it in raids
LoD is craptastic in 10man normal modes. Why the fuck do you think a holy paladin would use it? Barring specific phases of specific fights, people are too spread out to reliably hit six of them with it, and it's usually more costly to run around trying to line it up properly than just doing WoG triage.

Angry Grimace said:
Never seen such a hotly anticipated nerf

Yeah someone on EJ says it's an overall DPS nerf, but his measured 0.5% is inconsequential. It's fire spec, your damage will be amazing one fight and awful the next... that's just how it goes.

It brings stat priorities back to something sane and will make all the kids who follow EJ's Ever-Changing Word religiously regem everything to crit which is enough reason for me to smile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom