• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex

I'd just like to say that I dislike the concept of bosses like Sinestra. I really wish she had a normal mode available. We're doing ok on hard modes for our early attempts, but I kinda doubt we'll ever get around to downing her, may not even get to her. It's a shame to have an entire important boss locked away to just such an insanely small handful of guilds.

I realize plenty of folks may disagree, and that's cool, that's just how I see it though. It seems like a waste. I'm fine with her having the ilvl boost only in heroic, or being flashier in heroic, but at least have the basic fight available for more players to at least enjoy fighting while it's relevant.

Also, i really dislike what they're doing with tier gear this go around. Did they do this in ToC or ICC? I wasn't around for those, but I don't like HAVING to save up valor and buy tier gear. That's no fun. It's fun when it drops!

CortanaV

Neo Member
Alex said:
I'd just like to say that I dislike the concept of bosses like Sinestra. I really wish she had a normal mode available. We're doing ok on hard modes for our early attempts, but I kinda doubt we'll ever get around to downing her, may not even get to her. It's a shame to have an entire important boss locked away to just such an insanely small handful of guilds.

I realize plenty of folks may disagree, and that's cool, that's just how I see it though. It seems like a waste. I'm fine with her having the ilvl boost only in heroic, or being flashier in heroic, but at least have the basic fight available for more players to at least enjoy fighting while it's relevant.
I'm on the fence about Sinestra. It would be so satisfying to go through all the trouble to get to her, but at the same time, I'd really like to down her, and my guild might not be up to the challenge. I don't like to see content made easier just so people can see it. Alas, I'm part of the group of people who don't always get to see certain chunks of content.

Alex

I feel that way to an extent, like I was annoyed when they started nerfing the normal modes in Ulduar and things like that. I just think there's a difference between not getting the lowest common denominator in the door and putting a piece of content in a content hungry environment so tucked away that more people probably had a hand in designing in than will fight it :lol Exaggeration but you get my drift.

I just question if the kinda people rushing down that stuff even really cares about that particular kind of carrot. Have any non-sponsored guilds downed her yet?

Alex

DeathNote said:
You can always PUG or do it when the level cap raises. Tons of people don't see normal mode raids.

Eh, outside of picking up a spare person or two for a 5 man I cannot really be assed to pug in this game. I really prefer to remain insular. Also, I'd like to fight it while it's relevant and puts up a finely tuned challenge for it's bracket.

We have dozens upon dozens upon dozens of raiding guilds on my server though. People not interested in the content, I don't care about that. But people doing normals would probably love to have another boss considering the gap between normal and hard.

I mean maybe I'll get to her before 4.1, it's possible, we're making progress and it's nice to dream! I'm not trying to make this a big thing or raise a ruckus though, I just think content being what it is it's a simple waste to leave a boss closed off to such a microscopic audience.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
You're not forced to focus on the next tier or heroics when 4.1 hits. You guild haa a year or two to progress through the content at your own pace until the next expansion. Even if you get some remaing tier pieces from heroic currency, a gear boost isn't a big deal and you can clear Cho'Gall heroic in gear you're meant to down him in.

DeathNote said:
You're not forced to focus on the next tier or heroics when 4.1 hits. You guild haa a year or two to progress through the content at your own pace until the next expansion. Even if you get some remaing tier pieces from heroic currency, a gear boost isn't a big deal and you can clear Cho'Gall heroic in gear you're meant to down him in.
Yep, you will still want to kill her for the loot she drops because the ilvl is so high.

Alex said:

I broadly agree, but I do feel like it's a lot less of a problem in the first tier of an expansion than anywhere else. Lots of people who don't make it to Sinestra now will be able to do it in 4.1, when it's not trivialized but is made somewhat easier by the next tier of gear. In that sense, I think it's a lot less of a waste than something like Naxx40 (entire dungeon that less than 1% of players ever even set foot in) or Ruby Sanctum (entire raid encounter that no one likes or wants to do at a late point in the expansion so it's quickly forgotten.)

Scruggy

Neo Member
I've been diligently reading this thread since it's inception. Finally Neogaf activated my account! :)

I've been playing WoW since vanilla -- on and off -- but mostly on, with my Main. I'm a 85 human rogue.

I'm still looking for that elusive throwing weapon!

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
charlequin said:
I broadly agree, but I do feel like it's a lot less of a problem in the first tier of an expansion than anywhere else. Lots of people who don't make it to Sinestra now will be able to do it in 4.1, when it's not trivialized but is made somewhat easier by the next tier of gear. In that sense, I think it's a lot less of a waste than something like Naxx40 (entire dungeon that less than 1% of players ever even set foot in) or Ruby Sanctum (entire raid encounter that no one likes or wants to do at a late point in the expansion so it's quickly forgotten.)

sinestra will probably have equal item level gear with the next tier anyway. i havent actually looked at the gear though, so i could be wrong.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
davepoobond said:
sinestra will probably have equal item level gear with the next tier anyway. i havent actually looked at the gear though, so i could be wrong.
heroic gear is 372. sinestra drops are 379. So more than likely sinestra will be comparable to the next level of valor gear.

J-Rzez

Scruggy said:
I've been diligently reading this thread since it's inception. Finally Neogaf activated my account! :)

I've been playing WoW since vanilla -- on and off -- but mostly on, with my Main. I'm a 85 human rogue.

I'm still looking for that elusive throwing weapon!

We all have our stupid "gear don't drop" stories. Like our guild had 3 of those agi throwing weapons drop now, but I have yet to get my plate DPS boots/wrist/trinket. Sucks. lol.

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
Woah, I just stumbled on a ridiculously good cash farm on my character. So good I'm a little worried about broadcasting what it is. But lets just say it's a buy and sell endeavour that gives me 10x returns.

My question is... should I be careful? I'm worried if I abuse it too hard, it'll become apparent, or I'll shift the market in some what. Anyone have any tips for making sure I keep this endeavour fruitful? I made over 1kg doing next to nothing, and I want to keep this up. I'm broke nigga, I'm broke!

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Kinitari said:
Woah, I just stumbled on a ridiculously good cash farm on my character. So good I'm a little worried about broadcasting what it is. But lets just say it's a buy and sell endeavour that gives me 10x returns.

My question is... should I be careful? I'm worried if I abuse it too hard, it'll become apparent, or I'll shift the market in some what. Anyone have any tips for making sure I keep this endeavour fruitful? I made over 1kg doing next to nothing, and I want to keep this up. I'm broke nigga, I'm broke!
If multiple people are putting the thing you buy cheap, let enough stay on the AH so people will undercut them. Possibly/probably buy from different people even if it costs a bit more, with different characters, and put the end product up with different characters not in your guild.

But, with that said, PM me please. lol. I'm sure we're not on the same server, I'm broke, and wont tell a soul!

Edit: The community forum and this thread is public these days.

CortanaV said:
I'm on the fence about Sinestra. It would be so satisfying to go through all the trouble to get to her, but at the same time, I'd really like to down her, and my guild might not be up to the difficulty. I don't like to see instances made easier just so people can see it. Alas, I'm part of the group of people who don't always get to see everything.

I'm a guy who likes to turn "can't" into "can" with raids, so pre-Wrath and setups like Algalon and Sinestra work as a reason to bother to raid. The bold hammers it home, and I'm glad to see others with the "it's just a game" mentality raising their voices again.

Kinitari said:
My question is... should I be careful? I'm worried if I abuse it too hard, it'll become apparent, or I'll shift the market in some what.

Every profitable market irregularity is temporary. I was cross-faction reselling Nightstones last week at 300% profit a pop like it was nobody's business and this week they're back in price parity. Basically, I've yet to have a random business opportunity like this dry up because I hit it too hard but I've had quite a few that in retrospect I wished I'd squeezed more out of while I had the chance.

In specific, the more steps there are in your process, the less likely someone is to figure it out. If you're just shifting stuff from the neutral AH or doing location arbitrage from hard-to-reach vendors, someone is likely to notice and try to cut you out. If you're doing something that involves a weird combination of two professions (like the Alchemy/Enchanting combo from earlier) or that requires multiple characters to pull off or something, you can probably get away with it for a while longer.

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
charlequin said:
Every profitable market irregularity is temporary. I was cross-faction reselling Nightstones last week at 300% profit a pop like it was nobody's business and this week they're back in price parity. Basically, I've yet to have a random business opportunity like this dry up because I hit it too hard but I've had quite a few that in retrospect I wished I'd squeezed more out of while I had the chance.

In specific, the more steps there are in your process, the less likely someone is to figure it out. If you're just shifting stuff from the neutral AH or doing location arbitrage from hard-to-reach vendors, someone is likely to notice and try to cut you out. If you're doing something that involves a weird combination of two professions (like the Alchemy/Enchanting combo from earlier) or that requires multiple characters to pull off or something, you can probably get away with it for a while longer.

I got some good advice today. I guess it doesn't hurt to say it's a combination profession and out of date faction recipe thing. I actually used to use it for money when I played nearly 2 years ago, around the start of WotLK - I used to get a 300% profit back then, and while it fluctuated, I kept it up for months.

But you're right, as long as I don't flood the market, I should probably keep it up for a while. I just don't want to buy up all the mats for the recipe, increasing the demand/price, and flood the market with the product, decreasing the price. But it's hard not too! I get so excited :/.

scoobs

Guys, I quit the game... Just got so bored of only logging on to do dailies and raid a couple days a week :( ill be back im sure though

J-Rzez

scoobs said:
Guys, I quit the game... Just got so bored of only logging on to do dailies and raid a couple days a week :( ill be back im sure though

I don't even do that much. I sign on to raid, two nights, 4 hours per night, and that's all. Maybe if I was really bored I signed on to do some PVP, but with Rift starting tomorrow, I won't be signing on outside of raiding, which is still "fun" I think mainly due to the group of people I play with. Even then, it's getting harder and harder to get our raids going due to people getting bored with that even.

zugzug

It is laffably funny how bad it is to queue for some fun time while your questing and leveling up a new character with no BOA gear in a battleground low level brackets. and the rumsey black ale.

Blizzard you have no clue how to make fun anymore in World of Warcraft.

Alex

4.1 will be on the PTR soon I guess, there's some very basic leaked information on MMO-C.

Zul'aman and Zul'gurub are back as 5 mans, retooled and drop 353 epics.

Ahhhh new Fire Nova that is so neat. Working off of Flame Shock is so nice, so is the naturally low cd.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Alex said:
4.1 basics are up on the PTR.

Ahhhh new Fire Nova that is so neat. Working off of Flame Shock is so nice, so is the naturally low cd.

Can you post the full notes?

Alex

sprsk said:
Can you post the full notes?

First the ZA/ZG stuff from WoW Taiwan apparently (via front of MMO-C)

Yes, you guys. World of Warcraft: Cataclysm first major patch of the R & D progress has been nearly completed! We are ready to put some put the original version of the updated test server. So you may ask: What is 4.1 test server? (You will say, right?) Okay, let me tell you!

Gurubashi tribes returning

Originally released in 1.7 update 20 Zul'Gurub instance will once again open the door to a whole new story, new fighting, and improved items!Zul'Gurub is now a level 85 heroic dungeon. To help Cataclysm instances to provide more advanced content, players can find level 353 epic items. Entrance to the heroic instance is limited to players with an average item level of 346.

The Return of Zul'Aman

The level 70 favorite instance Zul'Aman, returns as a level 85 5-man instance. Zul'Aman and Zul'Gurub will appear in the dungeon and heroic dungeon search options, providing item level 353 epic items. Entrance to the heroic instance is limited to players with an average item level of 346.

As Zul'Aman returns, you may feel curious whether you can once again get a rare mount. We are pleased to announce the new version of the rare raptor, tiger and bear mounts will be able to be obtained, while the older mounts will still retain their uniqueness. We will disclose more in the future as to how these mounts are obtained.

As for the rest, not really notes, they're a datamined hodge podge atm, clearly very very early (Where's my Resto cooldown!?) but I'll post up what they got

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/

Spell changes

Class Skills
Companions
Landro's Lichling: New
Landro's Lil' XT: New
Nightsaber Cub: New
Panther Cub: New
Winterspring Cub: New

Mounts
Amani Dragonhawk: New
Armored Razzashi Raptor: New
Beryl Fire Hawk: New
Crimson Fire Hawk: New
Flameward Hippogryph: New
Mottled Drake: New
Savage Raptor: New
Swift Zulian Panther: New

Hydra
Bellowing Roar: New
Tamed Pet Passive (DND): New

Death Knight (Forums / Cataclysm Talent Calculator / Beta Skills/Talents)
Blood
Scarlet Fever: Causes your Blood Plague to afflict enemies with Scarlet Fever, reducing their physical damage dealt by 5% 10% for 21 sec.

Frost
Blood of the North: Permanently transforms your Whenever you hit with Blood Runes into Strike or Pestilence, the Blood Rune will become a Death Runes. Rune when it activates. Death Runes count as a Blood, Frost, Frost or Unholy Rune.

Unholy
Dark Transformation: 100 60 yd range
Death's Advance: While your Unholy Runes are both depleted, movement-impairing effects may not reduce you below 60% 75% of normal movement speed.
Death's Advance: While your Unholy Runes are both depleted, movement-impairing effects may not reduce you below 75% 100% of normal movement speed.
Shadow Infusion: Grants your successful Death Coils When you cast Death Coil, you have a 33% chance to empower your active Ghoul, increasing its damage dealt by 6% 8% for 30 sec. Stacks up to 5 times.
Shadow Infusion: Grants your successful Death Coils When you cast Death Coil, you have a 66% chance to empower your active Ghoul, increasing its damage dealt by 6% 8% for 30 sec. Stacks up to 5 times.
Shadow Infusion: Grants your successful Death Coils When you cast Death Coil, you have a 100% chance to empower your active Ghoul, increasing its damage dealt by 6% 8% for 30 sec. Stacks up to 5 times.

Druid (Forums / Cataclysm Talent Calculator / Beta Skills/Talents)
Feral
Blood in the Water: 100 yd range
Mangle: Mangle the target for 260% 235% normal damage plus 754 682 and causes the target to take 30% additional damage from bleed effects for 1 min.
Maul: An attack that instantly deals [8 + 26.4% 24% of ap - 1] physical damage. Effects which increase Bleed damage also increase Maul damage.
Stampeding Roar: The druid roars, increasing the movement speed of all nearby friendly players movement speed within 10 yards by 40% for 6 sec.
Stampeding Roar: The druid roars, increasing the movement speed of all nearby friendly players movement speed within 10 yards by 40% for 6 sec.
Thrash: Deals [202 + 12.8% of AP] to [249 + 12.8% 15.4% of AP] damage, and causes all targets within 8 yards to bleed for [378 + 6.51% 7.8% of AP] damage over 6 sec.

Feral Combat
Fury Swipes: When you auto-attack while in Cat form or Bear form, you have a 5% chance to cause a Fury Swipe dealing 0% 310% weapon damage. This effect cannot occur more than once every 3 sec.
Fury Swipes: When you auto-attack while in Cat form or Bear form, you have a 10% chance to cause a Fury Swipe dealing 0% 310% weapon damage. This effect cannot occur more than once every 3 sec.
Fury Swipes: When you auto-attack while in Cat form or Bear form, you have a 15% chance to cause a Fury Swipe dealing 0% 310% weapon damage. This effect cannot occur more than once every 3 sec.

Balance
Moonfury: Arcane and Nature spell damage increased by 10%. Increases 15%. Increases the critical strike damage bonus of your Wrath, Moonfire, Starfire, Starsurge, Insect Swarm and Starfall spells by 100%.
Solar Beam: You summon a beam of solar light over an the enemy target's location, interrupting the enemy target and silencing all enemies enemy targets under the beam within 0 5 yards while it is active. Solar Beam lasts for 1 10 sec.

Hunter (Forums / Cataclysm Talent Calculator / Beta Skills/Talents)
Beast Mastery
Aspect of the Hawk: The hunter takes on the aspects of a hawk, increasing ranged attack power by 2000. 637. Only one Aspect can be active at a time.

Marksmanship
Aimed Shot: A powerful aimed shot that deals 160% 200% ranged weapon damage plus [776 + 72.4% of RAP].
Aimed Shot!: 50 Focus | A powerful aimed shot that deals 160% 203% ranged weapon damage plus [776 + 72.4% of RAP].

Mage (Forums / Cataclysm Talent Calculator / Beta Skills/Talents)
Fire
Flame Orb: 6 sec cooldown
Ignite: Your critical strikes from non-periodic Fire damage spells cause the target to burn for an additional 13% of your spell's damage over 4 sec.
Ignite: Your critical strikes from non-periodic Fire damage spells cause the target to burn for an additional 26% of your spell's damage over 4 sec.
Ignite: Your critical strikes from non-periodic Fire damage spells cause the target to burn for an additional 40% of your spell's damage over 4 sec.

Frost
Frostburn: All your spells deal 5% 20% increased damage against Frozen targets. Each point of Mastery increases damage by an additional 2.5%.

Arcane
Arcane Blast: 5% 7% of base mana

Paladin (Forums / Cataclysm Talent Calculator / Beta Skills/Talents)
Protection
Divine Guardian: 3 2 min cooldown

Retribution
Divine Storm: An instant attack that causes 100% weapon damage to all enemies within 8 yards. The Divine Storm heals up to 3 party or raid members totaling 25% of the damage caused, and will grant a charge of Holy Power if it hits 4 or more targets. caused.
Sacred Shield: When reduced below 30% health, you gain the Sacred Shield effect. The Sacred Shield absorbs [1 + 2.8 * AP] damage and increases healing received by 20%. Lasts 15 sec. This effect cannot occur more than once every 60 30 sec.

Holy
Divine Light: 30% 33% of base mana
Flash of Light: 27% 30% of base mana
Walk in the Light: Increases the effectiveness of your healing spells by 10% and removes the cooldown on your Word of Glory. 10%.
Word of Glory: 20 sec cooldown
Aura Mastery: Causes your Concentration Aura to make all affected targets immune to Silence and Interrupt effects and improve the effect of Devotion Aura, Resistance Aura, and Retribution Aura all other auras by 100%. Lasts 6 sec.
Conviction: Gives you a 1% bonus to damage and healing for 15 sec after causing a critical effect from a weapon swing, non-periodic spell, or ability. This effect stacks up to 3 times.
Conviction: Gives you a 2% bonus to damage and healing for 15 sec after causing a critical effect from a weapon swing, non-periodic spell, or ability. This effect stacks up to 3 times.
Conviction: Gives you a 3% bonus to damage and healing for 15 sec after causing a critical effect from a weapon swing, non-periodic spell, or ability. This effect stacks up to 3 times.

Priest (Forums / Cataclysm Talent Calculator / Beta Skills/Talents)
Holy
Body and Soul: When you cast Power Word: Shield or Leap of Faith, you increase the target's movement speed by 12% 30% for 4 sec, and you have a 50% chance when you cast Cure Disease on yourself to also cleanse 1 poison effect in addition to diseases.
Body and Soul: When you cast Power Word: Shield or Leap of Faith, you increase the target's movement speed by 25% 60% for 4 sec, and you have a 100% chance when you cast Cure Disease on yourself to also cleanse 1 poison effect in addition to diseases.

Discipline
Absolution: New
Dispel Magic: Dispels magic on the target, removing 2 harmful spells from yourself a friend or 1 2 beneficial spell spells from an enemy.
Power Word: Shield: 34% 25% of base mana | Draws on the soul of the friendly target to shield them, absorbing [8136 + 87% of SP] damage. Lasts 15 30 sec. While the shield holds, spellcasting will not be interrupted by damage. Once shielded, the target cannot be shielded again for 15 sec.
Divine Aegis: Critical heals and all heals from Prayer of Healing create a protective shield on the target, absorbing 10% of the amount healed. Lasts 15 12 sec.
Divine Aegis: Critical heals and all heals from Prayer of Healing create a protective shield on the target, absorbing 20% of the amount healed. Lasts 15 12 sec.
Divine Aegis: Critical heals and all heals from Prayer of Healing create a protective shield on the target, absorbing 30% of the amount healed. Lasts 15 12 sec.

Shadow
Shadow Power: Spell damage increased by 15%. Increases 25%. Increases the critical damage of your Shadow spells by 100%.

Rogue (Forums / Cataclysm Talent Calculator / Beta Skills/Talents)
Combat
Recuperate: Finishing move that consumes combo points on any nearby target to restore 3% 2% of maximum health every 3 sec. Lasts longer per combo point:
Improved Recuperate: Causes your Recuperate ability to restore an additional 0.5% 1% of your maximum health and reduces all damage taken by 3% while your Recuperate ability is active.
Improved Recuperate: Causes your Recuperate ability to restore an additional 1% 2% of your maximum health and reduces all damage taken by 6% while your Recuperate ability is active.
Killing Spree: Step through the shadows from enemy to enemy within 10 yards, attacking an enemy every 0.5 sec .5 secs with both weapons until 5 assaults are made, and increasing all damage done by 20% for the duration. Can hit the same target multiple times. Cannot hit invisible or stealthed targets.

Subtlety
Stealth: 4 10 sec cooldown | Conceals you in the shadows, allowing Allows you to stalk enemies without being seen. sneak around, but reduces your speed by 30%. Lasts until cancelled.
Tricks of the Trade: 100 20 yd range
Nightstalker: Increases your speed while stealthed by 5% 7% and reduces the cooldown of your Stealth ability by 2 3 sec.
Nightstalker: Increases your speed while stealthed by 10% 15% and reduces the cooldown of your Stealth ability by 4 6 sec.

Shaman (Forums / Cataclysm Talent Calculator / Beta Skills/Talents)
Elemental
Earthquake: 10 sec cooldown | 2.5 sec cast Channeled | You cause the earth at the target location to tremble and break, dealing 325 542 Physical damage every 1 sec to enemies in 8 yard radius, with a 10% chance of knocking down affected targets. Lasts 10 8 sec.

Elemental Combat
Earthquake: An earthquake shakes the target area, dealing 325 542 Physical damage to enemies every 1, with a 10% chance of knocking them down.
Fire Nova: 40 30 yd range | 4 10 sec cooldown | Ignites your Flame Shock spell on any nearby enemies, causing each of them Causes the shaman's active Flametongue, Magma, or Fire Elemental Totem to emit a wave of flames that deals flames, inflicting 647 to 724 Fire damage to every other enemy enemies within 10 yards. yards of the totem.
Magma Totem: Summons a Magma Totem with 5 health at the feet of the caster for 0 20 sec that causes 268 Fire damage to creatures within 8 yards every 2 seconds.

Enhancement
Earth Elemental Totem: Summons Summon an elemental totem that calls forth a Greater Earth Elemental greater earth elemental to protect the caster and < his/her > allies. Lasts 2 min.
Seasoned Winds: Seasoned Winds Improved Fire Nova | When you successfully prevent an enemy spellcast with Wind Shear or Grounding Totem, you gain [(if (PL < =70) then PL else if (PL < =80) then PL+(PL-70)*5 else PL+(PL-70)*5+(PL-80)*7)*0.5] resistance to that spell's magical school for 10 Increases the damage done by your Fire Nova by 10% and reduces the cooldown by 2 sec.
Seasoned Winds: Seasoned Winds Improved Fire Nova | When you successfully prevent an enemy spellcast with Wind Shear or Grounding Totem, you gain [if (PL < =70) then PL else if (PL < =80) then PL+(PL-70)*5 else PL+(PL-70)*5+(PL-80)*7] resistance to that spell's magical school for 10 Increases the damage done by your Fire Nova by 20% and reduces the cooldown by 4 sec.

Restoration
Purification: Increases the effectiveness of your healing spells by 25%, 10%, and reduces the casting time of your Healing Wave and Greater Healing Wave spells by 0.5 sec.

Warrior (Forums / Cataclysm Talent Calculator / Beta Skills/Talents)
Fury
Intercept: Charge an enemy, causing [12% of AP] damage (based on attack power) and stunning it for 1 3 sec.
Whirlwind: In a whirlwind of steel you attack all enemies within 8 yards, causing 65% weapon damage from both melee weapons to each enemy. If Whirlwind deals damage to 4 or more targets, its cooldown will be reduced by 6 sec.
Meat Cleaver: Dealing damage with Cleave or Whirlwind increases the damage of Cleave and Whirlwind by 5% for 10 sec. This effect stacks up to 3 times and lasts for times.
Meat Cleaver: Dealing damage with Cleave or Whirlwind increases the damage of Cleave and Whirlwind by 10% for 10 sec. This effect stacks up to 3 times and lasts for times.

Arms
Colossus Smash: Smashes a target for 150% weapon damage plus 120 and weakens their defenses, allowing your attacks to entirely bypass 70% of their armor for 6 sec.
Mortal Strike: A vicious strike that deals 175% 150% weapon damage plus 423 and wounds the target, reducing the effectiveness of any healing received by 10% for 10 sec.
Overpower: Instantly overpower the enemy, causing 145% 125% weapon damage. Only useable after the target dodges. The Overpower cannot be blocked, dodged or parried.
Rallying Cry: New
Two-Handed Weapon Specialization: Increases the damage you deal with two-handed melee weapons by 20%. 10%.
Improved Hamstring: When reapplying Hamstring, you immobilize the target for 5 sec. This effect cannot occur more than once every 60 sec. In addition, reduces the global cooldown of your Hamstring by 0.5 sec.
Improved Hamstring: When reapplying Hamstring, you immobilize the target for 5 sec. This effect cannot occur more than once every 30 sec. In addition, reduces the global cooldown of your Hamstring by 1 sec.
Improved Slam: Decreases the swing time of Slam by 1 sec and increases its damage by 40%. 20%.
Improved Slam: Decreases the swing time of Slam by 0.5 sec and increases its damage by 20%. 10%.
Juggernaut: Your Charge ability is now usable while in combat and in all stances, and the cooldown duration of your Charge stun is reduced increased by 3 2 sec. Following a Charge, your next Slam or Mortal Strike has an additional 25% chance to critically hit if used within 10 sec. However, Charge and Intercept now share a cooldown.

Professions
Dust of Disappearance: Reagents: Blackfallow Ink (2)
Glyph of Entangling Roots: Reduces the cast time of your Entangling Roots by 0.2 .02 sec.
Mysterious Fortune Card: 1.5 3 sec cast

Achievements Changes

Dungeons & Raids
Cataclysm Dungeon
It's Not Easy Being Green: New
Gurubashi Headhunter: New
Tunnel Vision: New

Exploration
Cataclysm
Explore Vashj'ir: Fireplume Trench

Eastern Kingdoms
Explore Hillsbrad Foothills: Brazie Farmstead Lordamere Internment Camp

Feats of Strength
Winterspring Frostsaber: Wintersaber Cub Daily Counter

General
Petting Zoo: New
Menagerie: New
Vial of the Sands: New
Cataclysmically Delicious: New
Drown Your Sorrows: New
Thirty Tabards: New

Player vs. Player
Strand of the Ancients
Steady Hands: Disarm 2 5 seaforium charges in a single battle. | Disarm 2 5 seaforium charges in a single battle

Professions
Fishing
The Limnologist: Catch 45 48 different freshwater fish. | Bloated Catfish | Bloated Mud Snapper | Bloated Redgill
The Oceanographer: Catch 31 33 different saltwater fish. | Bloated Giant Sunfish | Bloated Salmon

Quests
2500 Daily Quests Complete: New
Justly Rewarded: New

Kalimdor
Bloodmyst Isle Quests: Complete 60 65 quests in Bloodmyst Isle.
Stonetalon Mountains Quests: Complete 55 60 quests in Stonetalon Mountains.

40 Exalted Reputations: 40 reputations to Exalted exalted
50 Exalted Reputations: 50 45 reputations to Exalted exalted

Statistics
Dungeons & Raids
Halfus Wyrmbreaker Heroic kills (Bastion of Twilight): New
Halfus Wyrmbreaker kills (Bastion of Twilight): New
Magmaw kills (Blackwing Descent): New
Magmaw Heroic kills (Blackwing Descent): New
Omnotron kills (Blackwing Descent): New
Omnotron Heroic kills (Blackwing Descent): New
Maloriak kills (Blackwing Descent): New
Maloriak Heroic kills (Blackwing Descent): New
Atramedes kills (Blackwing Descent): New
Atramedes Heroic kills (Blackwing Descent): New
Chimaeron Heroic kills (Blackwing Descent): New
Chimaeron kills (Blackwing Descent): New
Nefarian kills (Blackwing Descent): New
Nefarian Heroic kills (Blackwing Descent): New
Valiona and Theralion kills (Bastion of Twilight): New
Valiona and Theralion Heroic kills (Bastion of Twilight): New
Ascendant Council kills (Bastion of Twilight): New
Ascendant Council Heroic kills (Bastion of Twilight): New
Cho'gall Heroic kills (Bastion of Twilight): New
Cho'gall kills (Bastion of Twilight): New
Sinestra Heroic kills (Bastion of Twilight): New
Conclave of Wind Heroic kills (Throne of the Four Winds): New
Conclave of Wind kills (Throne of the Four Winds): New
Al'Akir kills (Throne of the Four Winds): New
Al'Akir Heroic kills (Throne of the Four Winds): New
Argaloth kills (Baradin Hold): New
Ascendant Lord Obsidius kills (Blackrock Caverns): New
Ascendant Lord Obsidius kills (Heroic Blackrock Caverns): New
Ozumat kills (Throne of the Tides): New
Ozumat kills (Heroic Throne of the Tides): New
High Priestess Azil kills (Stonecore): New
High Priestess Azil kills (Heroic Stonecore): New
Asaad kills (Vortex Pinnacle): New
Asaad kills (Heroic Vortex Pinnacle): New
Erudax kills (Grim Batol): New
Erudax kills (Heroic Grim Batol): New
Rajh kills (Halls of Origination): New
Rajh kills (Heroic Halls of Origination): New
Siamat kills (Lost City of the Tol'vir): New
Siamat kills (Heroic Lost City of the Tol'vir): New
Vanessa VanCleef kills (Heroic Deadmines): New
Lord Godfrey kills (Heroic Shadowfang Keep): New
Deaths to elevator boss (Blackwing Descent): New :lol

Alex

Also the new Legendary is for Casters.

Here's some other misc info on stuff from MMO-C, very vague, data mined bits from the new content:

Camera
Caverns of Time - Caster Legendary - Camera Bunny 00 < OMMMMMGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Coldarra - Tarecgosa Intro - Camera 00

LFD Dungeons
Zul'Gurub
Zul'Aman
Random Cataclysm Heroic Tier 2

Map
FirelandsDailies

Phases
Stranglethorn - 4.1 - ZG Event
Hyjal Regrowth Invasion
Hyjal Regrowth Pre-Invasion A
Anachronos Vision
Forlorn Spire Assault
Tarecgosa Intro

Screen Effects
Silithus 4.x - Cenarion Hold Hallucination
Zul'Gurub 4.x - Jin'do Spirit World - Screen effect

Rokam

Is it bad that the thing in the patch notes that interests me most is Tarecgosa Intro in Coldarra and Anachronos's vision?

Just from looking at a lot of those added achievements + the way the ZG questline abruptly ends in STV + Firelands and Abyssal Maw originally planned for launch (Blizzcon 2009 info), 4.1 seems like the patch for stuff that they couldn't get done in time for release (and the stat tracking? Only just now finally adding it? feels like a really simple thing that was just too low on the to-do list while trying to get Cata out the door).

A CoT raid (going off the caster legendary info) seems like the only really "new" thing we hadn't seen yet. I'm being somewhat unfair in judgment, I guess, but I can't help looking at 4.1 as the delayed content content patch, yippeeeee.

Late edit: I've seen some horrible shit on the internet that I wish I could unsee, and this just got added to the list
ragnaros2.jpg

No45

sprsk said:
Wow, so they are drastically lowering the cooldown on Flame Orb, that's great.
I'm assuming you can't have more than one out though, so having the cooldown at 6 seconds seems silly. It can't explode before that 15 seconds is up can it?

Mairu

# Word of Glory now has a 20 sec cooldown.

I don't understand this. Why would they remove a prot paladin's competitive advantage in regards to tanking? :|

Do they plan on redoing Guarded by the Light if this change goes through? :|||||||

Cyrillus

Cataclysm: The expansion of re-hashed content.

Seriously though, as more and more content is "re-done" and added to Cataclysm, I am less and less thrilled by the nostalgia aspect of the content. Going forward, are we going to see re-hashed content at a higher rate? It makes me wonder how much actual new content they have for future content patches/expansions.

Also, why did they find it necessary to change Ragnaros' appearance? He looks ridiculously bad now.

zugzug

lol they are making up for no Troll raid from Lich King by returning and rehashing two old troll instances go figure. GG Blizzard WoW D team you continue to suck. I mean I guess this is a free content we should be excited about yeah?

markot

Banned
Its not like they are only releasing the two troll instances for 4.1. Also lots of players never played the two before. Its just an easy way of expanding the 5 man content, helping players to gear up and keep up.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
yeah, complaining about adding ZG and ZA as 5mans just seems desperate (for those complaining). Two new "t2" 5mans, both featuring content that probably 90% of the current player base never saw (I never did ZA, and only did ZG like twice during vanilla, neither time to completion), what looks like a new daily questing hub, probably another t2 5man and a new raid to boot?

As far as the "rehashing" of old content? What are they rehashing? We don't know at this second the form that ZG and ZA will make it back into the game. To assume that they will be the exact same level design and monster design is ridiculous. Just because they release new content and base it (heavily or otherwise) on old content, that's a far cry from saying "Here's Dire Maul, only we went into the code and bumped all of the mobs' levels up by 30"

mclem

I should add, if we take the datamined achievements at face value, the fight mechanics look like they are actually going to be somewhat different. I think we may actually be looking at a deadmines-style revamp - old terrain, new fights - and I'm just fine with that.

Having said all that, I demand the return of Jinxed Hoodoo Pile, and all the wackiness that can ensue with that.

Alex said:
4.1 will be on the PTR soon I guess

I'm sure most people here are pretty pumped about this, but I'm a little sad. Seems so soon!

But this is pretty exciting to me. Looking forward to running these (and trying in vain to get myself a tiger, lol.)

If these drop 353s to start, though, does that mean no Heroic versions? Or are they talking about the heroic versions and the regulars drop 340s? A half-step over old heroic loot for running new five-mans seems like a good step, but a step-and-a-half to heroic 366s a bit less so....

EDIT: Upon further inspection, they're calling them "Heroic Dungeons" so I guess they're only going to have one mode and that'll drop 353s.

EDIT2: Oh, now those motherfuckers are going to add sockets to my fucking belt and chest.

Dunlop

Power Word: Shield: 34% 25% of base mana | Draws on the soul of the friendly target to shield them, absorbing [8136 + 87% of SP] damage. Lasts 15 30 sec. While the shield holds, spellcasting will not be interrupted by damage. Once shielded, the target cannot be shielded again for 15 sec.

Sorry I'm firewalled at work so do not have access to the source, what is this change to PW:S?

This description reads as it taking a whole lot more mana (to the point of being useless) and absorbing a lot less.

Alex

Here's Blizzard's official 4.1 mini-preview, it's more clear on certain things:

The Gurubashi Tribe Persists

Originally a 20-player dungeon released in patch 1.7, Zul'Gurub will once again open its gates, featuring updated lore, all-new encounters, achievements, and improved loot! Zul'Gurub is now a level-85 five-player Heroic difficulty dungeon. To provide a new tier above the current Cataclysm dungeons, players can expect to find epic-quality item level 353 loot. The minimum average item level to enter this Heroic dungeon is 346.

The Return of Zul'Aman

Ever a player favorite, the level-70 ten-player dungeon of Zul'Aman is being reintroduced as a level-85 Heroic five-player dungeon. Zul'Aman will join Zul'Gurub in a new Dungeon Finder tier of Heroic dungeons, providing epic-quality item level 353 loot. The minimum average item level to enter this Heroic dungeon is also 346. While Zul'Aman will be more of a throwback to the original dungeon featuring many of the same encounters, players can expect to find some updated gameplay mechanics, as well as new environment textures and lighting.

With the Zuls returning, you may be wondering about the unique mounts that were once contained therein. We're pleased to announce that new versions of the rare raptor, tiger, and bear mounts will be available, while the old versions of these mounts will remain unique to those who already have them. We'll reveal more about how these updated mounts can be obtained in the future.

Class Design

While we do intend to make fewer balance changes in patch 4.1, you can still expect to find a fair number of updates. Below are just a few we'd like to share with you right now. Keep in mind these changes don't encompass the entirety of the 4.1 changes, nor do the initial Public Test Realm patch notes.

To start, we want to do a better job of balancing the AoE power of the different damage-dealing specs. You can expect to see some changes to this end made throughout the testing process.

Inner Rage is now available at level 56. It was intended to solve an excess rage problem that largely isn’t affecting warriors anymore. We’ve added a replacement ability for warriors at level 83: Rallying Cry.

Colossus Smash now ignores 70% of an opponent's armor, down from 100%. We are compensating Fury and Arms warriors by increasing the damage of other attacks.

Word of Glory: We want Retribution and Protection paladins to have reasonable healing on themselves or others, but we know paladins sometimes feel like they can’t use their Holy Power on anything but their heals in some situations. We’d rather these two specs spend most of their Holy Power on damage-dealing abilities, with occasional healing.

More To Come

We're still hard at work on additional features, balance updates, and bug fixes for patch 4.1. We look forward to sharing more information with you in the days and weeks ahead as we release new content on the Public Test Realms. Until then, have a look at the patch notes we've prepared thus far. As always, these notes are not final and will continue to change as we go through the iterative development and testing processes.

World of Warcraft PTR Patch 4.1

The latest retail patch notes can be found here.

Table of Contents

Classes
Dungeons & Raids
Guilds
Items
Professions
PvP
Races
User Interface
Important: These patch notes are not final. Additional updates will be made, and all existing changes are subject to revision during the course of the testing process. More information regarding patch 4.1 can be found here. Visit our Public Test Realm forum for more information about the testing process.

Classes: General

All non-damaging interrupts off the global cooldown will now always hit the target. This includes Pummel, Shield Bash, Kick, Mind Freeze, Rebuke, Skull Bash, Counterspell, Wind Shear, Solar Beam, Silencing Shot, and related player pet abilities.
Death Knights

Dark Simulacrum now works on numerous additional spells in dungeon encounters.
Talent Specializations
Blood
Death Strike self-healing no longer generates threat.
Frost
Blood of the North (passive) now permanently converts both Blood Runes into Death Runes. There is no longer any proc interaction with Blood Strike required to activate Death Runes.
Druids

Efflorescence has a new spell effect.
Talent Specializations
Balance
Solar Beam is now more responsive when enemies move into or out of it.
Hunters

Explosive Trap now has a new spell effect.
Master's Call now has a new spell effect.
Tame Beast now tames pets to match the hunter's level, rather than 5 levels below.
Mages

Talent Specializations
Fire
Ignite is no longer triggered from periodic critical effects.
Paladins

Word of Glory now has a 20-second cooldown.
Talent Specializations
Holy
Walk in the Light (passive) removes the cooldown of Word of Glory.
Protection
Divine Guardian cooldown is now 3 minutes, up from 2.
Retribution
Divine Storm now generates 1 point of Holy Power if it hits (i.e. successfully lands on) 4 or more targets.
Sacred Shield's internal cooldown has been increased to 60 seconds, up from 30.
Priests

Divine Aegis duration has been increased to 15 seconds, up from 12.
Dispel Magic can only be used on the casting priest as a baseline effect.
Holy Word: Sanctuary has a new spell effect.
Power Word: Shield duration has been reduced to 15 seconds, down from 30.
Talent Specializations
Discipline
Absolution (new passive) enables priests to use Dispel Magic on up to 2 harmful effects on friendly targets.
Holy
Absolution (new passive) enables priests to use Dispel Magic on up to 2 harmful effects on friendly targets.
Rogues

Recuperate base effect now heals 3% per tick, up from 2%.
Stealth base cooldown has been reduced to 4 seconds, down from 10, and the movement penalty from being in Stealth has been removed.
Tricks of the Trade now has a 100-yard range, up from 20.
Talent Specializations
Combat
Improved Recuperate now adds 0.5%/1% to the health restoration effect of Recuperate, down from 1%/2%.
Subtlety
Nightstalker now reduces the cooldown of Stealth by 2/4 seconds, and instead of negating the movement penalty from Stealth, it adds a 5/10% movement speed bonus (stacking with other effects) while Stealthed.
Shaman

Fire Nova has been redesigned and decoupled from shaman Fire totems. Instead, it now pulses that same area-of-effect from each target that is afflicted by the shaman's own Flame Shock debuff. It now damages all enemies except the target hit by Flame Shock. The ability's cooldown has been reduced from 4 seconds, down from 10.
Magma Totem now lasts for 60 seconds, up from 21.
Stoneclaw Totem's area-of-effect threat pulse no longer affects critters.
Talent Specializations
Elemental Combat
Earthquake is no longer a channeled spell. It now has a 2-second cast time, lasts for 10 seconds, and has a 10-second cooldown. Its damage has been reduced by 40% from its channeled version.
Enhancement
Improved Fire Nova has been redesigned and replaced by a talent called Seasoned Winds. When an enemy spell cast is successfully prevented with Wind Shear or Grounding Totem, the shaman gains magical resistance (in an amount equal to what a protection totem/aura would grant, stacking with such buffs) to the spell school(s) of the interrupted spell (except for Holy spells), lasting 10 seconds.
Warriors

Charge and Intercept no longer have diminishing returns on their stun effects.
Colossus Smash now ignores 70% of an opponent's armor, down from 100%.
Inner Rage is now available at level 56.
Intercept now has a 1.5-second stun, down from 3 seconds.
Overpower damage has been increased to 140% weapon damage, up from 125%.
Rallying Cry (new ability) is available from trainers at level 83. It temporarily grants the warrior and all party or raid members within 30 yards 20% of maximum health for 10 seconds. After the effect expires, the health is lost. It has no cost, no stance requirements, and is not on the global cooldown. It has a 3-minute cooldown, but also shares a cooldown with Last Stand.
Whirlwind now has its cooldown reduced by 6 seconds when it deals damage to 4 or more targets. The Whirlwind effect caused by Bladestorm remains unchanged.
Talent Specializations
Arms
Improved Hamstring now reduces the global cooldown on Hamstring by 0.5/1 seconds in addition to its current effects.
Improved Slam increases Slam damage by 20/40%, up from 10/20%.
Juggernaut no longer adds 2 seconds to the Charge stun, but instead lowers the cooldown of Charge by 3 seconds (to 12 seconds total).
Mortal Strike damage has been increased to 175% weapon damage, up from 150%.
Dungeons & Raids

New dungeons available for partial testing.
Zul'Aman has returned as a level-85 5-player Heroic dungeon featuring a revamp of the original dungeon and improved loot!
Zul'Gurub has returned as a level-85 5-player Heroic dungeon featuring all-new encounters, achievements, and improved loot!
Both dungeons will be in a new Dungeon Finder difficulty tier above the current level-85 Heroic dungeons and offer epic-quality item level 353 loot.
These dungeons may only partially be available for testing at this time. Stay tuned for additional updates.
Blackwing Descent
Flash Bomb (Golem Sentry ability) now has a more clear warning visual.
Magmaw now triggers a raid emote when summoning Lava Parasites.
Further improvements have been made in the Maloriak encounter to avoid Flash Freeze targeting the tanks.
Guilds

The Guild Perk, Cash Flow, no longer prints out text to the Chat Log. Instead, the daily amount deposited is shown in the Guild Vault Money Log. In addition, players can view the weekly contribution in a new window at the bottom of the Money Log.
We have added two new custom guild tabards as Guild Rewards. The tabards are account bound and offer a bonus to gaining guild reputation.
Items

The PvP Horde and Alliance trinkets have a new spell effect.
Professions

All major cities will now have every type of profession trainer and their associated trade supply vendors.
PvP

Battlegrounds
Twin Peaks
Graveyard Changes
Players will now only spawn at their base graveyard when they die in the enemy base.
Defending players will respawn at the middle graveyard.
Midfield players will respawn at the middle graveyard.
Attacking players will respawn at their base graveyard.
Races

The gnomish racial ability, Escape Artist, is no longer affected by the global cooldowns triggered by other abilities.
The human racial ability, Every Man for Himself, has a new spell effect.
User Interface

Work has begun on a new Looking for Guild system. Further details will be provided when we are ready for feedback.
Spells bound to a key now start to be cast when the button is pressed down by default, instead of waiting for the key to go up. This is an option that can be turned off in the Interface menu under Combat. Mouse clicking has not changed and operates on mouse click up.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Dunlop said:
Sorry I'm firewalled at work so do not have access to the source, what is this change to PW:S?

This description reads as it taking a whole lot more mana (to the point of being useless) and absorbing a lot less.
Mana cost increased by over 1/3, timer on it lasts half as long. So you're looking at a bubble lasting 15 seconds.

Dunlop

Dance In My Blood said:
Mana cost increased by over 1/3, timer on it lasts half as long. So you're looking at a bubble lasting 15 seconds.

thx

wow, pretty brutal. On the plus side I can go back to raiding as holy which I prefer anyways

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom