• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Bisnic said:
Does one of the Argent Tournament hippogryphs counts? :p That's all i have, for now. Trying to get 100 mounts for the achievement and the Dragonhawk mount, so i'll have no choice to get the Cenarion one too. 79/100 so far.
They count. I don't think they look as good, but different strokes.

The Cenarion one does require a good ~5 hours of grinding rep. It's not that bad though. Do all the TBC quests that award CE rep, the DHETA quest line in Borean Tundra, and then run Steamvaults regular (heroic awards slightly more rep, but takes more time and has a daily limit), and turn in all your armaments to the daily chick. (You can buy armaments too if you're lazy).

J-Rzez

Bisnic said:
These new phoenix mounts looks awesome. I just hope the proto drake animations are a placeholder, because it looks kinda stupid, and the wings will clip a lot through the ground.

Heh. I'd say odds are 70/30 that they'll end up like that do to blizzards reputation. Example: Raven Lord Mount = Raptors.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
J-Rzez said:
Heh. I'd say odds are 70/30 that they'll end up like that do to blizzards reputation. Example: Raven Lord Mount = Raptors.
You mean 100%.

They aren't going to redraw the models of those. Most things in this game don't have entirely new frames.

That's not really a criticism either way, it's just the truth. There's only like 5 flying mount models in the game; the Hippogryphs have pretty similar frames and animation as the Gryphons, etc.

eosos

Banned
I just played for 6 hours. I'm now three bars into 84 and I'm lovin it. So glad to get out of vash'jir. But damn, this game really hooks you.

couple days ago we finally downed Cho'gall (reg), a fight we had been cockblocked on for about 2 weeks. The key difference? Chillblains from a frost dk. Least geared guy in the guild, brand new, lowest dps, essential to the kill. I can totally understand that philosophy on Blizz's part.

Now that we're 11/12, all that's left is Nef, and after wiping on him for 3 like hours tonight I gotta say I had a blast the whole time. That is one hell of an interesting fight.

Mairu

theinfinityissue said:
couple days ago we finally downed Cho'gall (reg), a fight we had been cockblocked on for about 2 weeks. The key difference? Chillblains from a frost dk. Least geared guy in the guild, brand new, lowest dps, essential to the kill. I can totally understand that philosophy on Blizz's part.

Now that we're 11/12, all that's left is Nef, and after wiping on him for 3 like hours tonight I gotta say I had a blast the whole time. That is one hell of an interesting fight.
you can do chogall with any class that has an aoe snare (shaman, hunter, dk) ;o

markot

Banned
Im kinda sad that there are only teh few cata zones. Lvling wise, you only really have a choice for the first 2, then its teh same each time you lvl through it... In Wotlk you could mix and match and choose >.<

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Leveling a Warrior at the moment, level 83, and the has really hit a plateau for me. Stopped enjoying it around 73ish. I mean, it's alright, but I just can't seem to get into it anymore (playing Prot).

At this point Im leveling it as a Heirloom farmer since I have no other max level characters on my current realm.

Thinking about trying a Hunter or maybe a Shaman. So far I've played a Druid (favorite), Priest (didn't like it), and Warrior.

Any suggestions GAF?

Angry Grimace

Loxley said:
That thing doesn't get nearly the amount of attention it should, I love it's look.
That's because of the best part: nobody has it or if they do, uses it.

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
ToyMachine228 said:
Apparently something WoW related is being shown at GDC. Let's hope it's a Firelands/CoT reveal trailer or something!
193766.jpg

WoW Brazil, next xpac, TCG?

Dunlop

Any resto Shaman's looking for a new home?

We finally cemented our core group and our shaman got a crazy promotion at his job and cannot raid anymore

damn him :p

10 man alliance guild, great group of people. Currently 9/12 but this was mostly due to my aforementioned missing healer. We will easily beat tregular content once we have a consistant core of raiders, a shaman is the last piece of the puzzle

(just posting a recruitment here as it is the only site that I am not firewalled at work...)

forgrim

since i'm not in heroic raids yet, (8/12), wat's super op about it? I've only really used it for resistance fights for resistance boosts, but that's about it. If there's more applications for it, it would help me become a better healer, thanks!

In a lot of fights there is a lot of AOE elemental damage. Even when there isn't like on heroic nef you can still use it to save lives. Someone gets cinders and has to dive into the lava you can use it then to reduce the damage they take. On other fights when the tank is going to take a burst of elemental damage it is great to reduce damage on them as well, communicating with other healers to effectively use all your CDs.

FLEABttn

Banned
You know, with the 7 person core of my guild having approximately 6 hours every other week where we can all get together and actually attempt to raid, I'm tired of the concept of 10/20 man endgame.

Fuck it, scale the raids down, scale the loot back. Put "raid" 5 mans on a week long lockout, I don't care.

FLEABttn said:
You know, with the 7 person core of my guild having approximately 6 hours every other week where we can all get together and actually attempt to raid, I'm tired of the concept of 10/20 man endgame.

Fuck it, scale the raids down, scale the loot back. Put "raid" 5 mans on a week long lockout, I don't care.

What do you think heroics are? Scaled back raids with scaled back loot. Just do those.

FLEABttn

Banned
Azwethinkweiz said:
What do you think heroics are? Scaled back raids with scaled back loot. Just do those.

They've been done. I try to do my one a day for the points but outside of that, there's nothing worth doing.

Guild rep is driving me crazy. I just want the new heirlooms but I have to be honored to buy them. AND IT'S TAKING FOREVER.

Also, my guild has been stuck at level 12 for a really long time and the final piece doesn't even unlock until level 20.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
The Lamonster said:
Guild rep is driving me crazy. I just want the new heirlooms but I have to be honored to buy them. AND IT'S TAKING FOREVER.

Also, my guild has been stuck at level 12 for a really long time and the final piece doesn't even unlock until level 20.

You think getting to honored takes forever? Try getting exalted. I'm still 3 bars away from exalted with my guild and i've been revered for over a month. I want my damn dark phoenix hatchling!!

And 3 more lvls until we reach lvl 20 for boa helms. These lvls also seems to take forever lol.

Bisnic said:
You think getting to honored takes forever? Try getting exalted. I'm still 3 bars away from exalted with my guild and i've been revered for over a month. I want my damn dark phoenix hatchling!!

And 3 more lvls until we reach lvl 20 for boa helms. These lvls also seems to take forever lol.
I know! I'm hoping for some changes because not having the full boa set for my alt(s) is driving me crazy. I know 4.1 has some new tabards but I think you have to be exalted to purchase them :(

Bisnic

The Lamonster said:
I know! I'm hoping for some changes because not having the full boa set for my alt(s) is driving me crazy. I know 4.1 has some new tabards but I think you have to be exalted to purchase them :(

That doesn't make any sense, why would a tabard that give guild rep require exalted rep with your guild? What would be the point of that?

Bisnic said:
That doesn't make any sense, why would a tabard that give guild rep require exalted rep with your guild? What would be the point of that?
Alts in the same guild. I'm just hoping Blizzard will realize how tedious it is to get the 2 new boa's and reform the system or make regular guild tabards give a +x% gain to earning guild rep.

markot said:
Im kinda sad that there are only teh few cata zones. Lvling wise, you only really have a choice for the first 2, then its teh same each time you lvl through it... In Wotlk you could mix and match and choose >.<

You can easily skip two of the five. I hit 85 doing quests only in Hyjal, Deepholm, and Twilight Highlands.

The real problem isn't that you can't skip the zones when leveling, it's that the reputations are absolutely vital for gearing when you hit 85 so you wind up going back and doing all the quests everywhere for rep anyway.

Angry Grimace said:
That's because of the best part: nobody has it or if they do, uses it.

My wife does! And I will be too once I can do two more fucking runs of the stupid Slave Pens...

forgrim said:
i feel discriminated against, what's wrong with holy paladins and priests??

Holy pallies are unquestionably the best healers right now, if that counts as something "wrong."

FLEABttn said:

Fuck it, scale the raids down, scale the loot back.

Ten men is already pretty scaled back!

The Lamonster said:

It's only been 2 1/2 months. This expansion may be 2 years long again.

Ten men is already pretty scaled back!

They could drop it to 1 man and still someone would be locked out. A balanced number that isn't too small and isn't too large makes more sense in balancing realistic logistics and epicness and thematic "banding together to vanquish a powerful foe" that MMOs rest upon.

Mairu

charlequin said:
You can easily skip two of the five. I hit 85 doing quests only in Hyjal, Deepholm, and Twilight Highlands.

The real problem isn't that you can't skip the zones when leveling, it's that the reputations are absolutely vital for gearing when you hit 85 so you wind up going back and doing all the quests everywhere for rep anyway.
This is my problem.

I wish you could buy the tabards at neutral reputation (although I guess it wouldn't make too much sense). I leveled my hunter doing only hyjal, a bit of twilight highlands, and a bit of deepholm. But I have to go back and complete nearly all the Deepholm quests in order to get Therazane rep so I can buy the shoulder enchants. Considering how with gathering, archaeology, and dungeons you can easily skip the majority of quest levelling zones, it'd be nice if they made it a little easier for those of us who don't really want to run through the same quest lines over and over on alternate characters.

Entropia

No One Remembers
So it just dawned on me - WoW released the PTR because Rift launched. It poses a threat to its userbase.

Rift has a completely customizable UI out of the box. You want to move your minimap to the bottom? DONE. Want your action bars to be tiny? DONE. Want to move your party/target frames? DONE.

What's in the new PTR patch notes? Well, you can now unlock and move Unit and Target frames.

markot

Banned
Entropia said:
So it just dawned on me - WoW released the PTR because Rift launched. It poses a threat to its userbase.

Rift has a completely customizable UI out of the box. You want to move your minimap to the bottom? DONE. Want your action bars to be tiny? DONE. Want to move your party/target frames? DONE.

What's in the new PTR patch notes? Well, you can now unlock and move Unit and Target frames.
>.< anyone that wanted to customise wow could do so with so many mods though, and its all so easy.

Alex

Is it a new quarter already? Time for a new MMO to kill WoW! Doing amazing things like UI customization!

Tamanon

Banned
Entropia said:

Every new MMO, I swear.

Ghostlands is now flyable in 4.1. THERE'S FISH IN YER EYE

SatelliteOfLove said:
They could drop it to 1 man and still someone would be locked out. A balanced number that isn't too small and isn't too large makes more sense in balancing realistic logistics and epicness and thematic "banding together to vanquish a powerful foe" that MMOs rest upon.

I... agree?

I mean, to me, ten-man raiding is an achievable goal, yet still clearly something requiring more coordination and more overall group execution than running dungeons. That's a sweet spot for me personally.

Mairu said:
But I have to go back and complete nearly all the Deepholm quests in order to get Therazane rep so I can buy the shoulder enchants.

Yeah, it's pretty weak. They should really make those bind-to-account like the head enchants.

Bisnic said:
Isn't Steamvaults better for Coilfang Armaments?

A little better, but the difference is something like eight vs. twelve per run so pretty minimal; they both give almost exactly the same rep for a full clear. I was doing them all heroic since it takes like the same time to clear them either way and the rep's 33% better that way, so it's one run per day -- I was doing both wings once.

(Also, I totally got my hippogryph tonight. :D)

markot

Banned
I got the stupid Argent Hypo thingy, but its lame on my gnome cause the seat is funky and it looks weird....

I also got that whatchama thingy eel squashed mount that came out near the end of TBC >.< and those things are just funky with the camera and dont really work well as mounts...

Bisnic

markot said:
I got the stupid Argent Hypo thingy, but its lame on my gnome cause the seat is funky and it looks weird....

I also got that whatchama thingy eel squashed mount that came out near the end of TBC >.< and those things are just funky with the camera and dont really work well as mounts...

Yeah something is wrong with some mounts lately, like my character sinking into the saddle of my bear mounts, or when i use the nether ray, my character is stuck at the bottom of the screen, which look very weird. It sucks, i really like the nether rays, but i cant stand the glitchy camera on them. :(

Entropia

No One Remembers
I have to say, Rift is pretty enjoyable and I am having a blast playing it. I'm not saying it's going to be a WoW killer - the only thing that will kill WoW is... WoW.

Anyway - lol, DKs get a BRez now. I guess it's needed parity because it's entirely possible that a 10 man raid may not have a Lock and/or a Druid.

@Alex: It's just small things like that that help improve the experience. It's surprising that Blizzard never put this feature in ages ago.

SatelliteOfLove said:
Least this time there's few to no talk of "WoW killer".

For whatever bad things one can say about Trion Worlds, they mostly seemed to be pretty smart about keeping their heads down and let people's beta impressions hype the game instead of huge feature promises and hyperbolic British videos (not to mention that they used their late beta period to, like, actually finish their game.)

Their "You Aren't In Azeroth Anymore" ad campaign was pretty idiotic, though.

Angry Grimace

Entropia said:
I have to say, Rift is pretty enjoyable and I am having a blast playing it. I'm not saying it's going to be a WoW killer - the only thing that will kill WoW is... WoW.

Anyway - lol, DKs get a BRez now. I guess it's needed parity because it's entirely possible that a 10 man raid may not have a Lock and/or a Druid.

@Alex: It's just small things like that that help improve the experience. It's surprising that Blizzard never put this feature in ages ago.
They claimed Warlock soulstones would work like this, but they still don't. It's annoying to predict who will die with SS so it ends up being useless.

These DK changes will probably put Frost over Unholy in the DPS department too.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Entropia said:
ay not have a Lock and/or a Druid.

It's weird all of a sudden since the focus bar is movable...

Entropia said:

That does it! Rift here I come.

Angry Grimace

I like the Affliction changes, but it's still annoying how much the spec doesn't "work."

For example; there's still nothing to use shards on for Aff, (and demo for that matter.) Being able to empower Haunt, or UA somehow might be nice since shards aren't even a relevant part of the Aff rotation.

I like bringing back the Felhunter, presuming that it actually scales past the Succubus.

Bane of Doom still does better DPS than Bane of Agony, meaning Bane of Agony has no purpose in PvE at all.

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
Angry Grimace said:
For example; there's still nothing to use shards on for Aff, (and demo for that matter.)
shards are simply a broken mechanic that blizz didn't give enough thought and time to. it needs a total overhaul to make it relevant.

Angry Grimace said:
Being able to empower Haunt, or UA somehow might be nice since shards aren't even a relevant part of the Aff rotation.
it'd be cool if an empowered drain life/soul refreshed all your active dots or added additional time to them the longer you channel the spell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom