• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Meier said:
WTF, why is this patch 4 gb? Should I even bother downloading it? I assume it's Cata stuff which I'll have to download again soon anyway..
I don't know, but I do know it's pre-expansion stuff. You wont be able to log in when they want to apply it before letting us download the patch with old world changes. Which will be before installing disc content. Which would include everything.

notworksafe

DeathNote said:
I have 15k right now. I want 310% on my main. I have 3 alts without epic flying. I want to make another alt come Cata. If i wanted 310% on all of those to do speedy profession leveling in all the worlds I'd need around 45k.
To be fair, there are ways to get 310% flying that don't require spending 5000g. But the 4-5000g on epic flying per alt is annoying.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
notworksafe said:
To be fair, there are ways to get 310% flying that don't require spending 5000g. But the 4-5000g on epic flying per alt is annoying.
Assuming they keep the mounts in the game, and it acts as 310% upgrade still.. doing the seasonal stuff on every toon would take a year. Trying to get old raid achievements on multiple toons would be a hassle when people are doing new content.

notworksafe

True. Just an idea if it is for alts you don't use much. You can do the holiday stuff gradually...not like 310% is a must have. Of course, I'm saying this while playing a toon with 330% (go Paladin!) so maybe I'm not the best resource for info. :lol

Also isn't there a PVP way to get 310%?

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
notworksafe said:
True. Just an idea if it is for alts you don't use much. You can do the holiday stuff gradually...not like 310% is a must have. Of course, I'm saying this while playing a toon with 330% (go Paladin!) so maybe I'm not the best resource for info. :lol

yeah, being a gladiator lol

C.Dark.DN

Banned
notworksafe said:

It's be useful for leveling professions on the get-go tho. Zipping around old world.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Am I the only one who can't log in on characters that are premade anymore?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
DeathNote said:
did you re-copy after the patch a few days ago?
Sure did! I'm getting crashes when I try to enter my character.

Creating a new one works good though, hmm...

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Yoshichan said:
Sure did! I'm getting crashes when I try to enter my character.

Creating a new one works good though, hmm...
I didn't have time to test post recopy just now. Left for sone eats. Someone else will know.

The best way to fix that is to delete your cache folder in the PTR folder. That should clear it up so you can log onto the character without crashing.

Yoshichan

HarryDemeanor said:
The best way to fix that is to delete your cache folder in the PTR folder. That should clear it up so you can log onto the character without crashing.
Did that just now (it contains 2 folders right?), still nothing :(

6q9hP.jpg

Yoshichan

Every premade starts in Orgrimmar, I'm sure... and that's where it crashes. I can create Worgen and Goblin just fine.

Yoshichan

Yes! Got it to work now :D Had to delete BOTH cache maps.

Edit: This green/blue-geared lvl 85 druid I copied... really looks like shit. But has stats of a beast. Jesus.

Edit 2: 82k hp druid...

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Yoshichan said:
Every premade starts in Orgrimmar, I'm sure... and that's where it crashes. I can create Worgen and Goblin just fine.
On the PTR, premades spawn in different cities. But, you're in the beta, so

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
If I don't get a kodo this year, I will be a sad grimace.

Rokam

Lady luck finally smiled upon me and I got the blue drake from Occulus. Been doing Coren on my 5 80's, no mounts on any of them since it started :(. Did get the dagger which was a waste, and the remote.

notworksafe

Angry Grimace said:
If I don't get a kodo this year, I will be a sad grimace.
You aren't on Area 52 by chance? I'm letting my Coren runs go to waste as I already have everything from him, so I could share them with you. :D

Yoshichan said:
Did that just now (it contains 2 folders right?), still nothing :(

6q9hP.jpg

Same problem here. I've basically given up on the beta. If the patch downloader isn't giving me problems, I'm getting this problem. If it's not this problem, it's something else etc.

J-Rzez

DeathNote said:
do you solo that boss or something? never done it. do you have to roll on the moiut?

You can just go into LFG and select it in the drop down menu, as they implemented for other holiday bosses now. You get a "keg" a day (a bag), which contains frost emblems, and the mount if you win it.

It's an easy 2 frost emblems/day if you're still in need for them.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
DeathNote said:
Assuming they keep the mounts in the game, and it acts as 310% upgrade still.. doing the seasonal stuff on every toon would take a year. Trying to get old raid achievements on multiple toons would be a hassle when people are doing new content.
It's more time efficient to just save up 5000g.

Angry Grimace

DeathNote said:
do you solo that boss or something? never done it. do you have to roll on the moiut?
You get it out of the Keg, and you can get both a Ram and a Kodo.

Angry Grimace

DeathNote said:
So when you kill the boss, everyone gets a keg? Does the dungeon finder work?
Yeah, it takes approximately 30 seconds to do, and it's a very short queue, since you show up at the boss, kill him and you get a keg. Coren himself only has the ilvl 200 trinkets.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Angry Grimace said:
Yeah, it takes approximately 30 seconds to do, and it's a very short queue, since you show up at the boss, kill him and you get a keg. Coren himself only has the ilvl 200 trinkets.
How does one share Coren runs?

C.Dark.DN

Banned
keeblerdrow said:
Just get in game and try this for yourself. It's all quite easy and clear.
Or you could just tell me cause I can't play until tomorrow?

Edit: And it would have taken the same amount effort you put into typing that. I found it elsewhere. Thanks man. Wowhead loads slow on my phone BTW,

B-Dex

My authenticator has desynced again. Really not impressed now I have to wait till tomorrow morning to get it working.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
i saw a link to tier 11 models on the wowhead homepage. rogue and druid i assume.

B-Dex said:
My authenticator has desynced again. Really not impressed now I have to wait till tomorrow morning to get it working.
haven't had a single problem with the iphone app. do you have a phone? it's free.

Angry Grimace

DeathNote said:
How does one share Coren runs?
I don't understand; you just log into the game, use the LFG for "Coren Direbrew" and you do the 30 second event. A box is put into your inventory which contains any possible "rare" loot that Coren has. Everyone gets one. You can run Coren multiple times but you'll never get the Keg-chest more than once a day.

Managed to get the beta working by deleting the cache file within the Data file of the WoW beta file. Not the cache file you see once you click the WoW beta file.

J-Rzez

"Shared" runs are when you'd get into the group and you would get 5 shots at the boss, summoning him 5 times with a chance at the loot each of those 5 times. They changed that though now with the mounts being in the "keg" once per day as the quest goes. So you can't really "share" it anymore like last year for example.

You can farm him for trinkets and the shanker though. Just not the mounts, and you only get the frost emblems once per day as well.

Tacitus_

Johnlenham said:
Grats to you I guess? Wow your totally awesome! :lol

Why in the hell would you be happy about spending 10k on moving faster? I had epic riding pre-bc when we had to walk up hill both ways to get silver to buy it.

If I hadn't wasted 5k on some stupid icc boots for my hunter, bought 3 pets at 200-500g, wasted 1k buying up to 50 mounts on said hunter, wasted 1k buying mats to make ilv 245 plate for my dk id be totally awesome like you to :(

Saying all that I can buy it now just not got round to it.

See? Gold comes out of the wazoo. Getting the first 5k was annoying since there were no daily quests, but after they put those in, it was smooth sailing.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
J-Rzez said:
"Shared" runs are when you'd get into the group and you would get 5 shots at the boss, summoning him 5 times with a chance at the loot each of those 5 times. They changed that though now with the mounts being in the "keg" once per day as the quest goes. So you can't really "share" it anymore like last year for example.

You can farm him for trinkets and the shanker though. Just not the mounts, and you only get the frost emblems once per day as well.
yeah my friend just told me this. disappoint.

Angry Grimace

DeathNote said:
yeah my friend just told me this. disappoint.
Well it works out better if you reframe the way you think about it.

a) you spend less time farming the same guy, and b) your overall chance of getting the drop is better because you don't have to compete. If the mount drops 20% of the time (it doesn't), and you have to fight him 5 times, you increase your chance of SEEING the mount, but you have to divide that chance by 5 because everyone else rolls. If the mount drops 20% of the time from the KEG, you get a flat 20% chance to get it.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Angry Grimace said:
Well it works out better if you reframe the way you think about it.

a) you spend less time farming the same guy, and b) your overall chance of getting the drop is better because you don't have to compete. If the mount drops 20% of the time (it doesn't), and you have to fight him 5 times, you increase your chance of SEEING the mount, but you have to divide that chance by 5 because everyone else rolls. If the mount drops 20% of the time from the KEG, you get a flat 20% chance to get it.
I was under the impression you got the keg 5 times after reading old and new info in this thread and on wowhead.

mclem

Angry Grimace said:

Amazingly, I had the longest queue I've *ever* had - as a tank - the first time I did it this year. It took over an entire minute!

mclem

DeathNote said:

My strong suspicion is that when they do the changeover, it'll occur like this:

First, everyone with a 310% mount gets the 'freebie' 310% skill.
Second, all 310% mounts are permanently changed to 280% mounts.

It makes the most sense, and fits with the comment I think someone said from PTR that they were only getting 280% speed out of their 310% mount (because the achievement the skill is based on isn't transferred over).

We're working based on that assumption in the guild and we're using roughly half a raid day each week doing Ulduar to try to get as many guildies a 310% mount as possible prior to this changeover deadline; it helps a bit that we're nicely at a stage where a complete clear of ICC with our farm heroics takes about two and a half raid days, meaning we have one and a half days left in our schedule for attempts on new heroic bosses, Ruby Sanctum, weekly raid quests and Ulduar. I just wish it was all a bit more concrete!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom