• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

etiolate

Banned
I kept my Shaman's Merciless Gladiator's Thunderfist (s2) and also the season 3 just for looks. Looked like a lava-rocking mercenary. Now it's beige-blue whateva.

Thoraxes

Angry Grimace said:
TBC had far, far better set design than anything I saw in Wrath or vanilla, really.

I totally agree. There's just something about that expansion that was magical for me, and to date, I still say it's my favorite expansion, for these reasons and more.

Some of the best feral staves came out of TBC, like Pillar of Ferocity, and Terestian's Stranglestaff, not to mention I loved the look of all the tier sets in TBC, especially druid T5... and not to mention pretty much everybody's T6. All the T6 sets were really well done.

Classic and BC could be hit and miss, but the best they've came up with is from there (Priest & Pally T1 == EWWW, Priest & Pally T2 == Best they've ever had).

I will say that tier loot should ALWAYS be unique. No rehashes. No pallete swaps.

Alex

BC was really neat because of the new fangled featureset and because it balanced it's theming and art so well. BC was also the first step into the new era of WoW, it's where modern day WoW really began. Classic seems like almost a beta after BC, LK and Cata.

The actual content and design wasnt a huge leap above classic though, and I really do think a lot of the fondness for it is pure nostalgia. Lots of static bosses, insane swaths of trash forming most of the length and difficulty in a raid/heroic, shit tons of terrible specs, awkward boss immunities and features and they'd often just leave your ass broken, and back then it was LEGITIMATELY broken, not todays "wahh, im 200 DPS behind on a simulation in the mid 20,000s", back then broken wasn't 5% it was 30++% or sitting your ass outside of a raid to buff the actual raiders.

Despite some folks fond memories of BC arena, it was also the least balanced setup (although I did appreciate that CC hadn't gone through the roof yet, back then). One spec per class, working in one bracket on average, half of which only through makeshift means.

The main thing I miss from BC and LK is a whole continent. I know Cata is about fleshing out Azeroth and returning to it, and that is fine for a one-off but I def thing a the new landmass gig is the way to go and im glad theyre returning to that next time.

Also, if they wanted to flesh out Azeroth, all capitals should have a portal to the opposite continent, and not portals to everything introduced in Cata. It kinda defeats the purpose, IMO.

Angry Grimace said:
A few points:

Bane of Agony is worse than Bane of Doom, even for Affliction.

You should be using the Succubus as your demon, with Lash of Pain, Corruption and Haunt glyphed.

You should be using Demon Soul on cooldown. If the boss has less than 25% health, you should spend a Soul Shard on summoning the Felhunter to pop Demon Soul. (I never bother to do this)

Under 25% health, you just spam Drain Soul and Haunt and refresh Bane of Doom if you need to.

If you're standing close enough to the boss, you can cast Shadowflame. Don't run out of your way to do this.

Affliction just doesn't do as much DPS as Destruction. On bosses that are relatively static, i.e. first boss in Vortex Pinnacle, I can do well over 18000 DPS, and I've never taken my Warlock inside a raid zone. I'd have to check that out as Affliction, but I'm very certain it's less. Affliction is getting buffed in the next patch; 5% extra Shadow Damage and the Felhunter is getting buffed up presumably past where the Succubus is.

I use Succubus mostly, and have all those glyphed. The thing with BoD and BoA, is that while leveling as Demon I used BoD almost all the time, and loved it to bits, but now in PvP, I need the more consistant damage rather than the big crits, also I have to dot up a lot more guys in PvP, but its good to know that I should use it again in PvE, Its something I will just have to switch around depending on whats needed. Its good to know that its mostly just gear holding me back in PvE stuff though.

TheExodu5 said:
You're going to be expected to be nearly full 346 (with maybe a piece of Valor as well) by the time you start raiding, unless you find a guild that's willing to carry you.

My ilevel is 354 right now, which I thought would be fine, but I guess the different stats on the PvE stuff makes a super huge difference.

I would really like to skip over the Heroic Dungeon stuff for the most part, since its just gear I would quickly replace with the normal raid gear, correct? Same reason I skipped over the crafted caster stuff and just went right into getting the Honour gear set in PvP. Well not completely skip the Heroic dungeon stuff, because I think it looks really cool, and would be a lot of fun, I just dont want to get a whole bunch of non-set piece gear that doesnt look cool :p

edit: also, s10 Warlock gear looks awesome, much better than this stuff I got now. I look like a Mage :(.

mclem

In summary:

Some people: Bad. Guilds are crying out for new content.

Other people: It's fine. There's still plenty of content for the average guild to do.

(Insert discussion about whether hardmodes count as new content here)

Either way, it's not done yet, which is a pretty big factor!

Personally, I'm okay with the idea of more frequent patches that aren't necessarily all "new raid!" patches. Firelands *might* be a little late for us when it actually appears, but it's hard to tell from where we're standing right now (10/12 normal). Curious as to what the 'guild challenges' - only mentioned briefly so far - entail.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Alex said:
The main thing I miss from BC and LK is a whole continent. I know Cata is about fleshing out Azeroth and returning to it, and that is fine for a one-off but I def thing a the new landmass gig is the way to go and im glad theyre returning to that next time.

Also, if they wanted to flesh out Azeroth, all capitals should have a portal to the opposite continent, and not portals to everything introduced in Cata. It kinda defeats the purpose, IMO.

I visit plenty of old Azeroth with Archaeology!

Damn you fucking 100 night elf and huuuge fossil digsites argh

I tried to heal my 1st heroic on my resto druid (Vortex Pinnacle).

Holy crap it's hard. How do you healers do this without leaving the group in frustration ? I'm in 333/346 gear all enchanted and gem'd so I don't think I am undergeared for heroics, I only got a green belt and I almost got enough JP to buy the 346 one.

Everyone just takes massive damage at once and I run out of mana keeping them up. Barely made it past the Grand Vizier boss and the trash pulls afterwards. Had no problems on that drake boss with the wind changing direction though.

Only mistake I am making is not using Tree of Life (still not used to non perma ToL) and Tranq. Druid heals seem to suck though, my resto shaman can crit heal for 65k+, nowhere near that on my druid.

Of course maybe the group sucked too, I have no problem on regular difficulty and whenever the group/DPS'ers take massive damage it's because they doing something dumb like standing in the fire.

I like healing but if it's going to be this frustration and stressful I may just suck it up and wait 40 mins in the queue as DPS.

forgrim

KernelPanic said:
my resto shaman can crit heal for 65k+

What in the, is there something I don't know about resto shamans??

I can pop every CD possible and get nowhere near a crit heal for 65k+ (on my holy pally, using divine light)

forgrim said:
What in the, is there something I don't know about resto shamans??

I can pop every CD possible and get nowhere near a crit heal for 65k+ (on my holy pally, using divine light)

With Focused Insight up(30% buff to next heal) I've hit it using greater Healing Wave. Unleash Life gives a 20% buff you can get a pretty good one off that way as well.

Bisnic

DeathNote said:
Speaking of gear, why is everything but the helm and shoulders flat and skin tight? More stuff needs to pop out.

Only the chest armor is ALWAYS skin tight. Sometimes you get these HUGE belt(like my current 359 cloth belt), big gloves and big boots, and sometimes you get some extra 3D stuff with the legs. But i've never seen anything on the chest.

mclem

KernelPanic said:
I like healing but if it's going to be this frustration and stressful I may just suck it up and wait 40 mins in the queue as DPS.

Were you with a random group? Healing is a challenge now, but it's perfectly doable provided you're with a considerate group. However, if people don't control threat and stand in dumb places, you're going to have trouble; so much of survival now is about *avoiding* unnecessary damage, rather than relying on the healer to keep you up despite that.

J-Rzez said:
I have to agree. Some things have just gotten too over the top. Sometimes the simpler things look better. Like that sword. Add 2 or 3 mouths on it and it'd be perfect then! Oh, and fire... add lots of fire effects. So much you can't see the model at all.

I think they should save all the "crazy" stuff for legendaries personally.

2qu7qjc.jpg

mclem said:
Were you with a random group? Healing is a challenge now, but it's perfectly doable provided you're with a considerate group. However, if people don't control threat and stand in dumb places, you're going to have trouble; so much of survival now is about *avoiding* unnecessary damage, rather than relying on the healer to keep you up despite that.

Yeah it was a random, my guild does heroics all the time but it's usually when I'm not on.

I think it was a bad group, they were only a few pulls in when I joined and the first thing I heard was "you're the 3rd healer who's joined, please don't leave".

And yes I know all about avoid damage as DPS, even on regular the groups that I spend way more energy and mana healing are the ones with bad DPS who stand in the fire and do other stupid crap.

Still see a lot of WOTLK where people ignore mechanics and CC because hey it's the healer's job to keep everyone up regardless.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Nobiru said:
I use Succubus mostly, and have all those glyphed. The thing with BoD and BoA, is that while leveling as Demon I used BoD almost all the time, and loved it to bits, but now in PvP, I need the more consistant damage rather than the big crits, also I have to dot up a lot more guys in PvP, but its good to know that I should use it again in PvE, Its something I will just have to switch around depending on whats needed. Its good to know that its mostly just gear holding me back in PvE stuff though.

My ilevel is 354 right now, which I thought would be fine, but I guess the different stats on the PvE stuff makes a super huge difference.

I would really like to skip over the Heroic Dungeon stuff for the most part, since its just gear I would quickly replace with the normal raid gear, correct? Same reason I skipped over the crafted caster stuff and just went right into getting the Honour gear set in PvP. Well not completely skip the Heroic dungeon stuff, because I think it looks really cool, and would be a lot of fun, I just dont want to get a whole bunch of non-set piece gear that doesnt look cool :p

edit: also, s10 Warlock gear looks awesome, much better than this stuff I got now. I look like a Mage :(.
I think you misinterpreted what my reply was saying. Gear matters to some degree, but you should be able to do 10000+ DPS on bosses in quest greens, and you're not ready for raiding until you have all PvE gear and can eclipse a minimum of 12000 DPS on bosses.

I'm not going to sugar-coat it; the chances of you skipping over heroics when you're doing 8000 DPS on bosses in PvP gear is close to 0% unless you're the girlfriend of someone important in a guild that has all of the content on farm. Heroics are a vital part of progression in the game as it is today. You've got the wrong attitude going into this.

Nobiru said:

They actually nerfed the primary stats on all the PvP gear (by 1/2, IIRC) to create specifically this situation: Blizzard's goal is that while you can use a piece or maybe two of PvP gear to fill out your set (my wife was wearing PvP wrists for the longest time since good bracers are almost impossible to get in Cata) it should be impossible to do PvE content in full PvP gear.

I don't think "oh I'd just replace all that with raid gear" is at all the right way to think about heroic-tier gear. It's going to take weeks and weeks of raiding to replace all of it, and (much more importantly) you're going to need gear that good (~346) to raid effectively in the first place. The trick is you really don't have to rely on heroic drops for all that much of it:

• Pretty much everyone gets about 5 pieces of good 346 or 359 gear from reps. (I got a hat, cape, shoes, and two rings.) Between doing the regular zone quests, dailies, and tabarding in normal dungeons (if you don't have heroic-suitable gear yet) you can grind these all out in a week, easy.
  • Tol Barad commendations will buy you a good 346 weapon -- I think their selection has at least decent choices for pretty much everyone.
  • Everyone has two crafted 359 items. For me it's the chest and belt. I'm generally swimming in money from playing the AH so I just bought 'em, but you can get a deal pretty easily on these by farming/trading the mats and just buying the Chaos Orbs of some random crafter.
  • Nowadays you get 200+ JP for your random normal dungeon, so five days of that will get you a JP piece.

Do all that and you'll have at least nine slots in 346s and 359s -- in many cases you won't have the pre-raid BiS and your secondary stats might be a bit wonky, but it'll put your overall performance in the right range. Once you do that, you'll be able to plow through the heroics without much trouble and you can just run one random a day for VPs and accept upgrades if they happen to drop.

Alex said:

Flying back up to Northrend to do some random stuff, I was just impressed all over again at how well-realized the place is. Beautiful geography (flying over those cold, desolate tundras with the sun setting over 'em gets me every time), awesome local culture architecture, cool zonewide storylines... even moreso than Outland (which feels like a cool, cohesive world but doesn't really progress anywhere) there's a real feeling of the whole expansion having a singular, unified story while still taking place in a "real" place with its own cultures, stories, and events.

Cataclysm's zones are all fun (yes, even Vashj'ir), but they're very much isolated from one another and there isn't room in any of them for the little side-stories. Given that my favorite things about Outland are the stories of the Mag'har, blood elf pilgrims, and Ethereals, and my favorite things about Northrend are the stories of the taunka, the kalu'ak, and the drakkari, I definitely hope we get more of this sort of thing in the next expansion.

The big problem here is that there's no way to travel to Vashj'ir or Deepholm except via portal. And at least Horde-side, the Twilight Highlands portal is a nice choice -- you do a quest to build it, it'd take literally like half an hour to get there from Orgrimmar otherwise, and it gives you what's essentially a portal to the middle of the other continent -- since the big problem with travel otherwise is you can only go to the very top or the very bottom of the Eastern Kingdoms.

(Portals to Hyjal and Uldum really are just kind of silly though. Make people take the windrider like the old days!)

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Bisnic said:
Only the chest armor is ALWAYS skin tight. Sometimes you get these HUGE belt(like my current 359 cloth belt), big gloves and big boots, and sometimes you get some extra 3D stuff with the legs. But i've never seen anything on the chest.
Most of the gloves, even on the tier, are just re-skinned models it looks like tho. You got a bump on the elbow and a bump on the wrist.

Bisnic

charlequin said:
The big problem here is that there's no way to travel to Vashj'ir or Deepholm except via portal. And at least Horde-side, the Twilight Highlands portal is a nice choice -- you do a quest to build it, it'd take literally like half an hour to get there from Orgrimmar otherwise, and it gives you what's essentially a portal to the middle of the other continent -- since the big problem with travel otherwise is you can only go to the very top or the very bottom of the Eastern Kingdoms.

(Portals to Hyjal and Uldum really are just kind of silly though. Make people take the windrider like the old days!)

You can fly to Vashjir directly from the Eastern Kingdoms continent. But it kinda sucks to do this if you're Horde since both UC and Stranglethorn are quite far, while Alliance have both SW and IF right next to it.

And the Uldum portal is quite nice for Alliance. Otherwise we would have to fly to Wetlands, wait for a boat, wait for it to take us to Theramore Isle, then fly to Uldum. At least Hyjal is close to Darnassus and Twilight Highland is near IF.

Angry Grimace said:
I think you misinterpreted what my reply was saying. Gear matters to some degree, but you should be able to do 10000+ DPS on bosses in quest greens, and you're not ready for raiding until you have all PvE gear and can eclipse a minimum of 12000 DPS on bosses.

I'm not going to sugar-coat it; the chances of you skipping over heroics when you're doing 8000 DPS on bosses in PvP gear is close to 0% unless you're the girlfriend of someone important in a guild that has all of the content on farm. Heroics are a vital part of progression in the game as it is today. You've got the wrong attitude going into this.

charlequin said:
They actually nerfed the primary stats on all the PvP gear (by 1/2, IIRC) to create specifically this situation: Blizzard's goal is that while you can use a piece or maybe two of PvP gear to fill out your set (my wife was wearing PvP wrists for the longest time since good bracers are almost impossible to get in Cata) it should be impossible to do PvE content in full PvP gear.

I don't think "oh I'd just replace all that with raid gear" is at all the right way to think about heroic-tier gear. It's going to take weeks and weeks of raiding to replace all of it, and (much more importantly) you're going to need gear that good (~346) to raid effectively in the first place. The trick is you really don't have to rely on heroic drops for all that much of it:

• Pretty much everyone gets about 5 pieces of good 346 or 359 gear from reps. (I got a hat, cape, shoes, and two rings.) Between doing the regular zone quests, dailies, and tabarding in normal dungeons (if you don't have heroic-suitable gear yet) you can grind these all out in a week, easy.
  • Tol Barad commendations will buy you a good 346 weapon -- I think their selection has at least decent choices for pretty much everyone.
  • Everyone has two crafted 359 items. For me it's the chest and belt. I'm generally swimming in money from playing the AH so I just bought 'em, but you can get a deal pretty easily on these by farming/trading the mats and just buying the Chaos Orbs of some random crafter.
  • Nowadays you get 200+ JP for your random normal dungeon, so five days of that will get you a JP piece.

Do all that and you'll have at least nine slots in 346s and 359s -- in many cases you won't have the pre-raid BiS and your secondary stats might be a bit wonky, but it'll put your overall performance in the right range. Once you do that, you'll be able to plow through the heroics without much trouble and you can just run one random a day for VPs and accept upgrades if they happen to drop.

This is all starting to sound like much more work than im willing to put in, heh. This is great info though, and a lot of help, so thank you. I will have to do some more dungeons and get a better feel for what my actual damage is, maybe this 8k I was seeing was because of something stupid. I will test it out a little more, and run a few more tests.

If you say I should be hitting 10k in quest greens, then I think something must have been wrong.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Alex said:
That would kill zep/boat travel. Which would be lame.

Portals to new zones, flight masters being required for low levels, flight for high levels, and zep/boat travel all being useful at the same time is great.

KernelPanic said:
I think it was a bad group, they were only a few pulls in when I joined and the first thing I heard was "you're the 3rd healer who's joined, please don't leave".

Oh yeah, definitely a bad group. In my experience, a group with (correctly itemized) around average ilevel 340 stuff should be able to easily finish any heroic with only moderate competence on each individual player's part. (Not saying they'll never wipe, just not wipe repeatedly on the same encounter or so badly that they disband.) The problem is that a single bad tank or healer, or two bad DPS, is basically enough to bring the average competence level below that threshold.

Healing is definitely harder in Cata than previous expansions, by pretty much universal agreement, but if you're having that much trouble I'd tend to look at the group first. Grand Vizier Ertan is a very straightforward fight movement-wise since you're mostly paying attention to a single, very visible element that repeats in a completely consistent pattern, so people really shouldn't be taking massive damage on that fight often at all.

Bisnic

Nobiru said:
This is all starting to sound like much more work than im willing to put in, heh. This is great info though, and a lot of help, so thank you. I will have to do some more dungeons and get a better feel for what my actual damage is, maybe this 8k I was seeing was because of something stupid. I will test it out a little more, and run a few more tests.

If you say I should be hitting 10k in quest greens, then I think something must have been wrong.

It's not that hard really to gear yourself through quests and dungeons. If you do all the quests while lvling for reputation and get all the 333 blues from Twilight Highlands quests, you already have half your slots with blues ready for heroics.

Doing high DPS, even without 346-359 gear isn't impossible too, my enhancement shaman was able to do an average of 10k DPS the day he hit 85. It's really just a matter of choosing the right talents, right stats and a proper spell rotation. A quick look at official class forums might help, they usually have a sticky with all the info.

But 8k isnt that bad, as long as you're not like that ret paladin i saw yesterday, with half his gear being either caster or agility gear, all while doing an awesome 3k DPS.

Nobiru said:
This is all starting to sound like much more work than im willing to put in, heh.

Well, I mean: this is by far the least work it's ever taken to get raid-ready geared, IMO. I hit 85 and was i340 like a week later. Beats the hell out of running Strat and Scholo every day for weeks waiting for your @%$* hat to drop.

That's a bit of a best-case scenario, but certainly anyone who's playing their class correctly and geared properly at heroic level (i329 average) should be hitting above 10k during sustained burn segments. If you want to do endgame PvE content you need to be well above that -- Argaloth is the easy-mode raid boss for this tier and you need everyone doing 12k average DPS just to clear his enrage timer.

But:

Bisnic said:
It's not that hard really to gear yourself through quests and dungeons. If you do all the quests while lvling for reputation and get all the 333 blues from Twilight Highlands quests, you already have half your slots with blues ready for heroics.

It's so true. Seriously, one week, a few hours a day, and you'll be all set.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
charlequin said:
Oh yeah, definitely a bad group. In my experience, a group with (correctly itemized) around average ilevel 340 stuff should be able to easily finish any heroic with only moderate competence on each individual player's part. (Not saying they'll never wipe, just not wipe repeatedly on the same encounter or so badly that they disband.) The problem is that a single bad tank or healer, or two bad DPS, is basically enough to bring the average competence level below that threshold.

Healing is definitely harder in Cata than previous expansions, by pretty much universal agreement, but if you're having that much trouble I'd tend to look at the group first. Grand Vizier Ertan is a very straightforward fight movement-wise since you're mostly paying attention to a single, very visible element that repeats in a completely consistent pattern, so people really shouldn't be taking massive damage on that fight often at all.
Every heroic is easy once you're in majority 346 stuff, really. The only thing that sucks are things that kill you in one hit if one person messes up.

charlequin said:

Yeah I agree 100%, kinda sucks my 1st heroic healing experience was a bad one.

Goes back to my favorite WoW healer quote "You can only heal damage not stupidity".

Bisnic

Angry Grimace said:
Every heroic is easy once you're in majority 346 stuff, really. The only thing that sucks are things that kill you in one hit if one person messes up.

Gotta love those rocks during the last boss of heroic Stonecore that hits you for over 400k. Especially when it hits the healer or tank.

Loxley

Thnikkaman said:
...Is that real? Please humour me, I'm not sure whether or not to take this seriously.

It's real in that Blizzard created it, but they were being sarcastic (if that weren't already pretty obvious by the "add skulls and spikes" line").

I forget where that's from, it may have been one of their April Fools things from a while ago.

Yeah, I REALLY miss having to do ball-busting shit like running the same dungeon ten billion times and bullshit attunements like the Onyxia chain.

70 goddamn runs of UBRS to get my Lightforge Shoulders, and Drakkisath never dropped my Lightforge Breastplate....that asshat...

Angry Grimace

charlequin said:
Well, I mean: this is by far the least work it's ever taken to get raid-ready geared, IMO. I hit 85 and was i340 like a week later. Beats the hell out of running Strat and Scholo every day for weeks waiting for your @%$* hat to drop.
Yeah, I REALLY miss having to do ball-busting shit like running the same dungeon ten billion times and bullshit attunements like the Onyxia chain.

Ferrio

Banned
Angry Grimace said:

Never did get my dal rends swords. Got my thunderfury before I ever saw one drop.

Angry Grimace

Ferrio said:
Never did get my dal rends swords. Got my thunderfury before I ever saw one drop.
If you go back, I remember in the WoW1 thread there was some rogue that had Thunderfury and just everyone in the thread was shitting on him for having it over his guild's tank. I don't suppose that was you?

Ferrio

Banned
Angry Grimace said:
If you go back, I remember in the WoW1 thread there was some rogue that had Thunderfury and just everyone in the thread was shitting on him for having it over his guild's tank. I don't suppose that was you?

Probably, heh.

Angry Grimace said:
Every heroic is easy once you're in majority 346 stuff, really.

That's kind of what I was trying to say! Every time I've had a heroic group fall apart (after that initial, everyone's-low-geared-and-all-the-encounters-are-overtuned phase) it was the result of serious abject stupidity or fail on someone's part.

Bisnic said:
Gotta love those rocks during the last boss of heroic Stonecore that hits you for over 400k. Especially when it hits the healer or tank.

The thing that really suxxed about heroic Stonecore pre-4.0.6 was the insta-kill on Corborus, but once they added an extra half-second on it it really hasn't been a problem. I've seen a lot more people get hit by the rocks vs. Corla than similar mechanics on other fights but even so every time I've wiped there it's been due to bad tanking or people walking into the void zones or something.

Loxley said:
70 goddamn runs of UBRS to get my Lightforge Shoulders, and Drakkisath never dropped my Lightforge Breastplate....that asshat...

Ahahaha, I know, right. When we unsubbed back in vanilla my wife was, IIRC, 7/8 on Beaststalker, and she'd literally been doing nothing but Scholo runs for two weeks trying to get the headpiece.

Angry Grimace said:

The Interactive Horde Onyxia Attunement is one of my favorite game videos ever. It's funny because it's true. :(

Fuck you Erodax you piece of shit! all I want is a Heroic 2h but noo you wont give it up you fucking asshole.

I had to die 3 times because it was the first time this guy was tanking then take over and tank prety much the entire dungeon only for him to drop a bunch of shit.

No stupid ass guildy I wont waste 85 tol barads on that sword because thats a bloody long time and heroic weapons are "free".

Bastard drops!

ch0mp

Had my first ever raid last night. Got called in after some people left. Twilight ascendant council progression. I was hoping to start with something a bit easier, but it was fun and very intense. I was already pretty comfy with heroics but after this I will cruise through them.

Angry Grimace

Picked up Swift White Hawkstrider the day after Orb of the Sin'dorei. Looks pretty funny having a Blood Elf riding around Stormwind on a Hawkstrider.

Ferrio

Banned
ch0mp said:
Had my first ever raid last night. Got called in after some people left. Twilight ascendant council progression. I was hoping to start with something a bit easier, but it was fun and very intense. I was already pretty comfy with heroics but after this I will cruise through them.

Ouch, what a horrible fight to get your feet wet in.

Manus

Johnlenham said:
Fuck you Erodax you piece of shit! all I want is a Heroic 2h but noo you wont give it up you fucking asshole.

I had to die 3 times because it was the first time this guy was tanking then take over and tank prety much the entire dungeon only for him to drop a bunch of shit.

No stupid ass guildy I wont waste 85 tol barads on that sword because thats a bloody long time and heroic weapons are "free".

Bastard drops!

Both Vortex and Throne of the Tides have a 1H heroic drop. I'm a 2H Unholy DK and have my 2H and both 1H.

Ferrio said:
Ouch, what a horrible fight to get your feet wet in.

Trial by FIRE WATER EARTH AIR. /chogallmuppethead

Orrrrrr you coulda done half that in DM West and DM Tribute Run for something good with a good chance on landing the roll
in a GOOD instance

The Interactive Horde Onyxia Attunement is one of my favorite game videos ever. It's funny because it's true. :(

Our guild pre-raiding did that after pillaging DM (as stated above) to get attuned. 31-5-15 Warrior, 2 Shadow Priests, me Holy, and an Elemental Shaman, shit just DIED. MC pulling mage mobs, walking out with 40g+ per person per run cash and carry (back when that wasnt bubblegum money). Having an UBRS key at off hours was also cash money.

Angry Grimace said:

Oh man, the first guild on my server at the time to have a binding drop gave it to a hunter.

Yes, a hunter.

charlequin said:

I had forgotten about the "find Rexxar" minigame. I miss classic... maybe that makes me a masochist. :(

Angry Grimace

DeathNote said:
How much is Abatement Cannon worth? Normal and Heroic Thundercall seem to be low drop rates.
I've gotten Heroic Thundercall several times. It's drop rate is no lower than anything else in his loot table AFAIK.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom