• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
The Lamonster said:
Goddam. I need to find one of these high level guilds. Mine has been stuck at 12 forever.

However, once I get into a different guild, I get to grind rep for months and months. Yay.

Meh, Exalted guild rep is only necessary to buy the dark phoenix companion. Are you really going to grind for this?

Mairu

The Lamonster said:
Goddam. I need to find one of these high level guilds. Mine has been stuck at 12 forever.

However, once I get into a different guild, I get to grind rep for months and months. Yay.
I think 4.1 has a tabard which I assume you get at exalted that doubles your reputation gain, which I'm guessing you can use on alts or if you change guilds. Unfortunately I doubt it doubles the reputation cap, so I'm not sure how useful that is even :(

Yeah ours hit 18 earlier today, I kind of want to leave as there is no spot for me to raid as its 10man super tight nit thing but they are nice enough people.

PatzCU

Bisnic said:
Meh, Exalted guild rep is only necessary to buy the dark phoenix companion. Are you really going to grind for this?

Pretty sure you need exalted in a level 25 guild for the Lion/Scorpion guild ground mounts as well.

Bisnic

I look at the guild rewards, and it doesnt even say "Require : Exalted" for the 2 mounts, unlike the dark phoenix companion. Maybe they forgot to put it? Or maybe they can only put 1 requirement at a time, and all i see is guild lvl 25 and Glory of the raider.

Swag

Thinking of resubbing, but whenever I do, I always think of how hard it'll be to get back into a hardcore raiding guild at this stage of 4.0, and get deterred so badly.

johnsmith

remember me
It wouldn't be hard at all. Where are you right now? Even if you're still level 80 right now, you could hit 85 easily before 4.1 comes out. You could then get into full epics between craftables and faction rewards and zul'aman and zul'gurub. There are always tons of guilds recruiting.

He said hardcore which I assuming means a guild that is pretty far in heroics. Sure he could get into a casual guild that just wants to do normal content. We get server xfer's all the time to try out and it's hilarious when they transfer over, get a ginvite, brought into a raid, keep fucking up, and then get gkicked that same night. If you want to apply to a good guild you should know your shit and how to fix your mistakes.

Swag

johnsmith said:
It wouldn't be hard at all. Where are you right now? Even if you're still level 80 right now, you could hit 85 easily before 4.1 comes out. You could then get into full epics between craftables and faction rewards and zul'aman and zul'gurub. There are always tons of guilds recruiting.

I'd probably play my Disc Priest, not really looking to tank again. I'm just getting memories of how hard it was to get into my guild during Wrath and feeling a little discouraged.

My realm was really polarising when it came to good guilds in comparison to mediocre ones.
cuevas said:
He said hardcore which I assuming means a guild that is pretty far in heroics.
Not necessarily, but I'm not a big fan of guilds that are content with ending at normal modes.

Edit: I have a question though, I used to run public GDKP runs and saved up quite a bit of gold, I'd use to fund my progression, but I honestly can't remember how much stuff cost. I have around 60k gold saved, would this be enough to get some craftable cloth epics as well as power level a profession or two.

Mind you I'd have to buy Epic Flying and Azeroth Flying as well as 310% Flying, I'm not sure how the gold amounts changed for these skills.

You'll have plenty of gold with 60k. You will have to grind a few heroics for the rep epics but that's easy. Disc priests are OP as hell right now so you will be fine.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Sebulon3k said:
I'd probably play my Disc Priest, not really looking to tank again. I'm just getting memories of how hard it was to get into my guild during Wrath and feeling a little discouraged.

My realm was really polarising when it came to good guilds in comparison to mediocre ones.

Not necessarily, but I'm not a big fan of guilds that are content with ending at normal modes.

Edit: I have a question though, I used to run public GDKP runs and saved up quite a bit of gold, I'd use to fund my progression, but I honestly can't remember how much stuff cost. I have around 60k gold saved, would this be enough to get some craftable cloth epics as well as power level a profession or two.

Mind you I'd have to buy Epic Flying and Azeroth Flying as well as 310% Flying, I'm not sure how the gold amounts changed for these skills.
As long as it isn't tailoring. That shit is EXPENSIVE to level since it requires absurd numbers of bolts (like 8 bolts = 1 pt. at one part of the leveling curve), and embersilk is reasonably uncommon.

Swag

Angry Grimace said:
As long as it isn't tailoring. That shit is EXPENSIVE to level since it requires absurd numbers of bolts (like 8 bolts = 1 pt. at one part of the leveling curve), and embersilk is reasonably uncommon.

I was thinking Jewelcrafting and Enchanting, I never level anything but these two because of the enchants / Dragon Eye cuts for raiding efficiency. I have a toon that's purely for Material collection.

I don't think I'll be buying the crafted epics just because of how much they cost in Wrath ( I remember for BiS pants and feet it was something like 18k, would rather have longevity for my money )

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Sebulon3k said:
I was thinking Jewelcrafting and Enchanting, I never level anything but these two because of the enchants / Dragon Eye cuts for raiding efficiency. I have a toon that's purely for Material collection.

I don't think I'll be buying the crafted epics just because of how much they cost in Wrath ( I remember for BiS pants and feet it was something like 18k, would rather have longevity for my money )
I got my pants for 4.5K and my belt for 2.9K.

I mean, some dipshit is selling the BIS (non heroic) bracers for 40000g, but that's just a pie in the sky figure. Not realistic at all.

IsayFever

Another long night of raiding followed by immediate logging off. Oh well, Heroic Chim to 3% before we said "fuck it" and just cleared everything due to it being our last raid night of the week.

Angry Grimace said:
I got my pants for 4.5K and my belt for 2.9K.

I mean, some dipshit is selling the BIS (non heroic) bracers for 40000g, but that's just a pie in the sky figure. Not realistic at all.

That's a ridiculous price. Bracers are a slot hardly worth spending that much on. I bought two Soul Blades (BiS non-heroic) for 21k each for my offspec, and that's a way more important slot. Sadly, my character still looks stupid even with the weapons, since a lot of his other gear for that set is still heroic blues.

Somewhat related, I have enough gear on my main tank spec to be able to not play much at all until 4.2 anyway if I so chose, especially if the last few blues I have can be replaced with ZG/ZA gear, and I haven't raided in a month now. I won't have a 4-piece set bonus, but unless you have access to the full heroic gear, it's usually not worth it anyway (over BiS mitigation pieces) - this tier's is good, but not great.

Swag

So after doing some reading, Discipline Priests use Smite now and PW:S costs 34% mana?

Did something change in the healing meta game that it's now super mana intensive?

Angry Grimace

CarbonatedFalcon said:
That's a ridiculous price. Bracers are a slot hardly worth spending that much on. I bought two Soul Blades (BiS non-heroic) for 21k each for my offspec, and that's a way more important slot. Sadly, my character still looks stupid even with the weapons, since a lot of his other gear for that set is still heroic blues.

Somewhat related, I have enough gear on my main tank spec to be able to not play much at all until 4.2 anyway if I so chose, especially if the last few blues I have can be replaced with ZG/ZA gear, and I haven't raided in a month now. I won't have a 4-piece set bonus, but unless you have access to the full heroic gear, it's usually not worth it anyway (over BiS mitigation pieces) - this tier's is good, but not great.
Most of the Tier bonuses in this tier aren't very good or marginal.

Alex

There's plenty of pretty good ones, but I like that there's not many make or break ones. What I don't like the is off-kilter design of 2pc and 4pc bonuses.

Like for example, my Enhancement Shaman 2pc is fantastic, but my 4pc is rather useless. Whereas a Warrior friends 2pc is junky and 4pc is fantastic. Stuff like that just doesn't very fair and was a bit annoying while gearing.

Maybe it's done for a reason in balancing out the scaling on a case by case basis though, I don't know.

Did something change in the healing meta game that it's now super mana intensive?

It absorbs an absolute ton of damage nowadays. It was recently nerfed to that since Disc could pull utterly ridiculous numbers with rather trivial amounts of assistance. Disc is still very, very good though, I just don't really care for the slight identity crisis i feel the spec goes through, though. I've always been into Holy anyway.

mclem

The Lamonster said:
Are any guilds at lvl 20 yet? If so, how common are they?

I really want that BOA helm.

Of those tracked by Guildox, there's one L21 guild worldwide and five L20 ones. A lot are L19; we're halfway through that level ourselves.

Bisnic

mclem said:
Of those tracked by Guildox, there's one L21 guild worldwide and five L20 ones. A lot are L19; we're halfway through that level ourselves.

My guild is barely into 18, but i feel the lvls not only take longer because you need more rep than earlier lvls, but also because less people do quests and dailies than before, so the only way i see us gaining rep faster would be to make alts and invite them, or else i fear that getting to 25 will take as much months as it took us to get from 1 to 18, ok maybe an exaggeration, but i wouldn't be surprised if we're still not 25 by may.

mclem

Bisnic said:
My guild is barely into 18, but i feel the lvls not only take longer because you need more rep than earlier lvls, but also because less people do quests and dailies than before, so the only way i see us gaining rep faster would be to make alts and invite them, or else i fear that getting to 25 will take as much months as it took us to get from 1 to 18, ok maybe an exaggeration, but i wouldn't be surprised if we're still not 25 by may.

We certainly stopped hitting the daily cap on a regular basis sometime in late December, I think. We still have peaks and troughs of progress, though. I suspect the guild currently on L21 has pretty much hit the cap every day (and I've not looked into it, but I suspect it's a megaguild); the 20s would have hit the cap on most days.

Edit: I stand very much corrected; the guild on 21 is of a similar size to our own, at least in terms of number of characters (can't judge alts, of course). Huge kudos to them for keeping the experience earning going for long without being an invite-everyone-in-sight guild.

TheExodu5

Banned
mclem said:

Is that possible? I'm pretty sure we've been capping XP every day. We're just going to be short of L20 today.

We have about 50-100 members active daily.

mclem

TheExodu5 said:
Is that possible? I'm pretty sure we've been capping XP every day. We're just going to be short of L20 today.

We have about 50-100 members active daily.

I'm sure I found a page somewhere which calculated the theoretical earliest possible levelling dates. I'll try to find it.

http://www.wowpedia.org/Guild_experience#Guild_items_and_guild_reputation

You're correct. Earliest possible date for L20: 11th March. Earliest possible for L21: 19th March. Something weird going on here. Perhaps some legacy XP from when guild achievements gained XP that hasn't been correctly revoked?

Fucking hate 3D movement fights, SO MUCH. One of our raiders was occupied Tuesday and Wednesday so we set out last night to do everything in one night. We did that. First tried every single fight including Nef and Heroic Halfus, EXCEPT...Al'Akir which took us about 40 minutes. What a fucking unsatisfying and annoying fight.

The good news is, we won't have any attendance issues after this next reset and we're seriously aiming to get 2-3 new heroic encounters down this week.

Rapstah

mclem said:
I'm sure I found a page somewhere which calculated the theoretical earliest possible levelling dates. I'll try to find it.

http://www.wowpedia.org/Guild_experience#Guild_items_and_guild_reputation

You're correct. Earliest possible date for L20: 11th March. Earliest possible for L21: 19th March. Something weird going on here. Perhaps some legacy XP from when guild achievements gained XP that hasn't been correctly revoked?
I think there were two server resets on the first day somehow.

ToyMachine228 said:
Fucking hate 3D movement fights, SO MUCH. One of our raiders was occupied Tuesday and Wednesday so we set out last night to do everything in one night. We did that. First tried every single fight including Nef and Heroic Halfus, EXCEPT...Al'Akir which took us about 40 minutes. What a fucking unsatisfying and annoying fight.

The good news is, we won't have any attendance issues after this next reset and we're seriously aiming to get 2-3 new heroic encounters down this week.
haha just wait for the heroic version.

Angry Grimace

Alex said:
There's plenty of pretty good ones, but I like that there's not many make or break ones. What I don't like the is off-kilter design of 2pc and 4pc bonuses.

Like for example, my Enhancement Shaman 2pc is fantastic, but my 4pc is rather useless. Whereas a Warrior friends 2pc is junky and 4pc is fantastic. Stuff like that just doesn't very fair and was a bit annoying while gearing.

Maybe it's done for a reason in balancing out the scaling on a case by case basis though, I don't know.

It absorbs an absolute ton of damage nowadays. It was recently nerfed to that since Disc could pull utterly ridiculous numbers with rather trivial amounts of assistance. Disc is still very, very good though, I just don't really care for the slight identity crisis i feel the spec goes through, though. I've always been into Holy anyway.
The tier bonuses are probably less good than they were in WLK because they had a problem with tier bonuses being so good you wouldn't switch them out when tiers changed.

As for guild leveling, I really can't imagine mass ressurection works the way the tooltip implies it does.

IsayFever said:
mmm Heroic Al'akir nothx

Yeah I'm not sure we'll ever do that. If we're 12/13 on heroic and killing them all frequently then maybe but otherwise I feel it's just a waste of time. I almost feel like that place is a waste of time regardless.

moojito

If any of you folks have guilds running world of logs, then something I at least overlooked for a long time was the ranking info page. It shows you how your dps/hps compares on a given fight vs other people with the exact same spec as you.

It gives you a % score and if you get 100% you are the 200th top player of that spec on that fight. It can go above 100%, in which case you get told specifically your rank.

Since it's pretty difficult to compare your own dps with a random class, I find it's pretty handy to know which fights I should be checking out what I could be doing better (Atramedes, 70% ish), and which ones I seem to be doing right (Nef 104% ranked 84th!).

So anyway, there's a better use for the logs rather than just "I win at dps".

Mothman91

Anyone try ZA or ZG yet on the PTR? ZG is pretty neat, liked how they redid the fights. ZA on the other hand, they didn't even really do anything with it.

J-Rzez

Mothman91 said:
Anyone try ZA or ZG yet on the PTR? ZG is pretty neat, liked how they redid the fights. ZA on the other hand, they didn't even really do anything with it.

Naw, didn't try them out, but I did see that walkthrough of ZG, and if that's neat, and ZA's nothing new, then 4.1 is a flop. They should have never done this, just get 4.2 out all together at once and call it a day. Can't believe they didn't put more effort on firelands than they did, and now it's going to be a big set back for everyone to trudge through. What are raiding guilds who don't care about HM's gonna do now? My guild is like that and we do nothing. We "try" to raid if we get enough people on to do so since everyone's bored. Now what though? Some poorly redone raids into heroics are supposed to hold us over until the new raid? Blizzard has been epically failing as of late. I thought they "learned" their lessons about content from Wrath and that we were going to get a lot more, a lot more often. But yeah, of course I guess I should have known better.

Angry Grimace

J-Rzez said:
Naw, didn't try them out, but I did see that walkthrough of ZG, and if that's neat, and ZA's nothing new, then 4.1 is a flop. They should have never done this, just get 4.2 out all together at once and call it a day. Can't believe they didn't put more effort on firelands than they did, and now it's going to be a big set back for everyone to trudge through. What are raiding guilds who don't care about HM's gonna do now? My guild is like that and we do nothing. We "try" to raid if we get enough people on to do so since everyone's bored. Now what though? Some poorly redone raids into heroics are supposed to hold us over until the new raid? Blizzard has been epically failing as of late. I thought they "learned" their lessons about content from Wrath and that we were going to get a lot more, a lot more often. But yeah, of course I guess I should have known better.
I agree. They should have launched with 50 raids and 700 hundred heroics so that there was literally no possibility of ever running out of content.

Just go play something else, for christ's sake. There's literally no arguing with you because you hate everything and can find some bullshit excuse for why your endless whining is justified, despite the fact it's all hypocritical (Blizzard sucks for making my class not overpowered any more) and based entirely on conjecture (Blizzard switched the encounter design team to Project X, and I base that entirely on nothing).

Bisnic

I swear some people sometimes... if Blizzard had renamed the current patch 4.1 to patch 4.0.7 and just kept the name of patch 4.2 to 4.1, no one would complain, they would actually be glad to have more extra stuff before Firelands.

Firelands didn't get delayed, we just got part of the Firelands patch sooner, the ZG/ZA heroics, which we now know as 4.1, while Firelands patch got renamed to 4.2. Blizzard explained this plenty of times. It's not like they said "Firelands will launch in March" then changed their mind to "Firelands will launch 1 month later, oops haha!" But people love to believe in conspiracies, so whatever...

Really, its just a matter of how they named their 2 patchs, its as stupid as that. That's really the only big mistake they did.

Angry Grimace

Bisnic said:
I swear some people sometimes... if Blizzard had renamed the current patch 4.1 to patch 4.0.7 and just kept the name of patch 4.2 to 4.1, no one would complain, they would actually be glad to have more extra stuff before Firelands.

Firelands didn't get delayed, we just got part of the Firelands patch sooner, the ZG/ZA heroics, which we now know as 4.1, while Firelands patch got renamed to 4.2. Blizzard explained this plenty of times. It's not like they said "Firelands will launch in March" then changed their mind to "Firelands will launch 1 month later, oops haha!" But people love to believe in conspiracies, so whatever...

Really, its just a matter of how they named their 2 patchs, its as stupid as that. That's really the only big mistake they did.
I can think of someone who would complain.

moojito said:
If any of you folks have guilds running world of logs, then something I at least overlooked for a long time was the ranking info page. It shows you how your dps/hps compares on a given fight vs other people with the exact same spec as you.

It gives you a % score and if you get 100% you are the 200th top player of that spec on that fight. It can go above 100%, in which case you get told specifically your rank.

Since it's pretty difficult to compare your own dps with a random class, I find it's pretty handy to know which fights I should be checking out what I could be doing better (Atramedes, 70% ish), and which ones I seem to be doing right (Nef 104% ranked 84th!).

So anyway, there's a better use for the logs rather than just "I win at dps".
We have several people up in the top ten of heroic fights. Be careful when comparing yourself to these players though. They may have dark intent or unnecessary aoe. Healers may have gotten a bunch of inervates. Just look at buffs gained for that. These are still excellent players so look at debuff uptime and what they use the most.

We use tricks and MD, our players use pots before the pull so they can use two, and our dps go all out right off the bat. If the tank loses agro its their fault or the paladins for not helping with salvs.

Bisnic said:

My issue is that it was supposed to be in the game at launch. They then said, it would be released in 4.1. Then they announce 4.1 and it's not in it. It's 4.2 instead. Which some say is still 3-4 months away. I hope it's not that far away.

J-Rzez

Angry Grimace said:
I agree. They should have launched with 50 raids and 700 hundred heroics so that there was literally no possibility of ever running out of content.

Just go play something else, for christ's sake. There's literally no arguing with you because you hate everything and can find some bullshit excuse for why your endless whining is justified, despite the fact it's all hypocritical (Blizzard sucks for making my class not overpowered any more) and based entirely on conjecture (Blizzard switched the encounter design team to Project X, and I base that entirely on nothing).

There are numerous things about the game that made it to this day the "best" by far and aways. Others tried, and failed to dethrone, or get any foothold even against WoW, and it's not hard to see what it is: Gameplay. RIFT is the closest we got to WoW's "feel" thus far, thus why it's getting so much attention from MMO players atm. With the gameplay feel, and the fresh adds on proven in game mechanics, there's no wonder it's the first to actually feel like a legit challenger to WoW. But it's still just a "tad" off of WoW's feel to gameplay. It's not "as" smooth, not "as" fluid, but it's the closest to date. If they fix this, it'll establish itself a nice foothold. As of now, WoW is STILL gameplay KING though, which is the deciding factor to it's dominance I believe, more than it's content.

But man, get over yourself already, it's not hypocritical when it's at least based on solid facts and logically backed opinion. I'm going to say this once and for all, as there is no way, no how to get you to break away from your stature which is "i'm right, no matter what's presented". You'll argue with random crap, even when facts are presented to your face. So here it is once and for all as I'm done with you, like a few others which still spout crap but I don't reply to:

- Many people, not just myself are miffed at the fact that blizzard has gone to the manner of nerfing things or buffing things to the extremes, no middle-ground. Warriors were sick because within 2 weeks they changed their most effective spec, and stat priorities nearly 5 times. DK's got repeatedly crushed, but hey, you're cool with it for some reason. Fact is, blizzard has gotten fed up with trying to balance the game and they're throwing everything they can at a wall and see what sticks.

- Blizzard HAS said they learned they need to get content out faster, to their same quality and quantity, but just get it out there faster, be it with added personnel if need be. Guess what, a raid that was originally slated to possibly be out when Cata released did not make it. Fine. We know blizzard, we know they're the slowest developers in the industry, even on the "simpler" things. Usually though, it's worth it. But, this is going totally against what they said as they're falling behind, letting fans down and getting bored with the game because they're not getting the content out there in time, like they said they would. Either they didn't buff their team, or this impacted them more:

- Fact: Blizzard HAS shifted key personnel to Titan, and other projects. The latest article basically CONFIRMED what I and many others here have suspected for a long time, in which you're STILL being completely and totally ignorant to. It's out there, the latest article with gamasutra or whatever basically had them come full face to us telling us what we knew. It went from: "Hey, these guys are just jotting napkin ideas down to another team", to "they're there part-time". Now it's what was easily seen based on the state of the game, "key-veteran personnel have been off of WoW, but hey, these other guys were below those vets for 6mos-1yr, so it's in good hands".

Though this was wasted, because you'll just go off on one of your tangents of wild bullshit and conjectures that barely touches the topic at hand, but yet somehow you think it's THE and ONLY answer. FACT: IT'S NOT THE SAME TEAM on WoW anymore, as I, and many others here have tried to tell you. WoW was my most favorite, time consuming game I've ever invested into. So yes, it's terribly disappointing when they say they're going to do one thing, then totally do another. If you were excited for something, and yet again, it gets pushed back by months, or just thrown out all together for no rhyme or reason, you wouldn't be upset? When someone is the self-proclaimed "leader" in something is "cheapin' out" though you know they have the resources, you're not upset. Please...

cuevas said:
our players use pots before the pull so they can use two

When we were hell bent on progression in Wrath we did the same thing. Went through SOOOO many pots in one night of progression in HMs lol. It amazing how many people don't think to do that though.

Angry Grimace

J-Rzez said:
There are numerous things about the game that made it to this day the "best" by far and aways. Others tried, and failed to dethrone, or get any foothold even against WoW, and it's not hard to see what it is: Gameplay. RIFT is the closest we got to WoW's "feel" thus far, thus why it's getting so much attention from MMO players atm. With the gameplay feel, and the fresh adds on proven in game mechanics, there's no wonder it's the first to actually feel like a legit challenger to WoW. But it's still just a "tad" off of WoW's feel to gameplay. It's not "as" smooth, not "as" fluid, but it's the closest to date. If they fix this, it'll establish itself a nice foothold. As of now, WoW is STILL gameplay KING though, which is the deciding factor to it's dominance I believe, more than it's content.

But man, get over yourself already, it's not hypocritical when it's at least based on solid facts and logically backed opinion. I'm going to say this once and for all, as there is no way, no how to get you to break away from your stature which is "i'm right, no matter what's presented". You'll argue with random crap, even when facts are presented to your face. So here it is once and for all as I'm done with you, like a few others which still spout crap but I don't reply to:

- Many people, not just myself are miffed at the fact that blizzard has gone to the manner of nerfing things or buffing things to the extremes, no middle-ground. Warriors were sick because within 2 weeks they changed their most effective spec, and stat priorities nearly 5 times. DK's got repeatedly crushed, but hey, you're cool with it for some reason. Fact is, blizzard has gotten fed up with trying to balance the game and they're throwing everything they can at a wall and see what sticks.

- Blizzard HAS said they learned they need to get content out faster, to their same quality and quantity, but just get it out there faster, be it with added personnel if need be. Guess what, a raid that was originally slated to possibly be out when Cata released did not make it. Fine. We know blizzard, we know they're the slowest developers in the industry, even on the "simpler" things. Usually though, it's worth it. But, this is going totally against what they said as they're falling behind, letting fans down and getting bored with the game because they're not getting the content out there in time, like they said they would. Either they didn't buff their team, or this impacted them more:

- Fact: Blizzard HAS shifted key personnel to Titan, and other projects. The latest article basically CONFIRMED what I and many others here have suspected for a long time, in which you're STILL being completely and totally ignorant to. It's out there, the latest article with gamasutra or whatever basically had them come full face to us telling us what we knew. It went from: "Hey, these guys are just jotting napkin ideas down to another team", to "they're there part-time". Now it's what was easily seen based on the state of the game, "key-veteran personnel have been off of WoW, but hey, these other guys were below those vets for 6mos-1yr, so it's in good hands".

Though this was wasted, because you'll just go off on one of your tangents of wild bullshit and conjectures that barely touches the topic at hand, but yet somehow you think it's THE and ONLY answer. FACT: IT'S NOT THE SAME TEAM on WoW anymore, as I, and many others here have tried to tell you. WoW was my most favorite, time consuming game I've ever invested into. So yes, it's terribly disappointing when they say they're going to do one thing, then totally do another. If you were excited for something, and yet again, it gets pushed back by months, or just thrown out all together for no rhyme or reason, you wouldn't be upset? When someone is the self-proclaimed "leader" in something is "cheapin' out" though you know they have the resources, you're not upset. Please...

When we were hell bent on progression in Wrath we did the same thing. Went through SOOOO many pots in one night of progression in HMs lol. It amazing how many people don't think to do that though.
It would take an hour to flush out the nonsense here, and you'd just complain they nerfed your pet spec (without consideration ad to WHY, of course).

J-Rzez

Angry Grimace said:
It would take an hour to flush out the nonsense here, and you'd just complain they nerfed your pet spec (without consideration ad to WHY, of course).

This is what I'm talking about, you can't argue, thus you try to dismiss it some how, some way. I don't know how holding my spec is an insult or dismissal to me somehow. Tell me how blizzard's a-team moving to another game is a lie, you seem to STILL ignore it, even that they confirmed it themselves lol. But anyways, like I said, before, I'm done with you.

ToyMachine228 said:
My issue is that it was supposed to be in the game at launch. They then said, it would be released in 4.1. Then they announce 4.1 and it's not in it. It's 4.2 instead. Which some say is still 3-4 months away. I hope it's not that far away.

June is what my gut tells me, going off blizzard's "soons", "down the road", "in the pipelines", and "when it's ready" from the past. Though maybe-maybe May as an early surprise since they've been working on this since pre-cata launch so who knows... but that's more along the lines of wishful thinking.

Mairu

IsayFever said:
I'm going to assume mid april on 4.2, there's no way they'd let content stagnate with this high of player decay
is there any substance you can back that statement with

I hope firelands is no later than april, but let's not be fooling ourselves that catering to the top raiders is what keeps the money rolling for this game

FLEABttn

Banned
J-Rzez said:
- Many people, not just myself are miffed at the fact that blizzard has gone to the manner of nerfing things or buffing things to the extremes, no middle-ground.

Hey I think WoW is a piece of shit now as well but this in comparison to WotLK seems so off base I don't know even where to begin.

Mairu said:
is there any substance you can back that statement with

Hard, excel based data? No. But my current "medium" population server has less level capped players on during peak hours than my "low" population server for basically all of vanilla. Combined with my friend's list is now filled with a majority of people who haven't logged in for over a week. As well as the number of people raiding now is less than the number of people raiding in vanilla on my server, despite a lower bar to entry.

This hasn't been the case for me in any other time period in WoW. WoW's never been clearly in decline until now, to me. And it shows so badly in game, it literally hurts. The worst of it is that my next best option is more hardcore than WoW, so I either don't raid/terribly raid in WoW, or I don't raid/terribly raid in Rift (I've got with the next best option of "console games", DAII gogo =/). It's a damned if I do, damned if I don't situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom