• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mairu said:
is there any substance you can back that statement with

I hope firelands is no later than april, but let's not be fooling ourselves that catering to the top raiders is what keeps the money rolling for this game

I could see the first or second week in May. I wouldn't bet on it being later than that though. Desire for new content will be somewhat mediated 4.1.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
J-Rzez said:
This is what I'm talking about, you can't argue, thus you try to dismiss it some how, some way. I don't know how holding my spec is an insult or dismissal to me somehow. Tell me how blizzard's a-team moving to another game is a lie, you seem to STILL ignore it, even that they confirmed it themselves lol. But anyways, like I said, before, I'm done with you.

June is what my gut tells me, going off blizzard's "soons", "down the road", "in the pipelines", and "when it's ready" from the past. Though maybe-maybe May as an early surprise since they've been working on this since pre-cata launch so who knows... but that's more along the lines of wishful thinking.

Edit: Content deleted. I'm not going to have an insanely idiotic circular argument regarding wholly conclusory allegations based on your bizarre personal obsession with Blizzard's personnel. Just know that your theory that everyone agrees with you about how Blizzard stole your lunch is not entirely accurate.

J-Rzez

FLEABttn said:
Hey I think WoW is a piece of shit now as well but this in comparison to WotLK seems so off base I don't know even where to begin.

Well I wouldn't say WoW is a PoS now, it's just in an awkwardly poor state, in which it's overall content, polish, and gameplay is keeping it ahead of most of the competition at this time. It's stagnant, it's actually feeling really dated, real-content is too far off even though the user base increased (I think MANY have came back to Cata thinking things would be different like they said, but I'm sure that number will start to decline if it isn't already), not like they needed it too. It's just so odd that they said one thing about content, they obviously have the income to hire more people to work on and create new content/features, yet they're falling behind. At this rate, iirc and correct me if I'm wrong, they're even falling behind TBC standards?

The difference here with the class fixes are that they're sweeping, and they were going on hot-fixes on a daily basis. I'd be all for it, but they were going to massive ends of the spectrum here. Wrath sucked because they'd let a class go OP or broken for months at a time before touching them, which sucked as well. Blizzard can't seem to find that happy medium.

FLEABttn

Banned
J-Rzez said:
Well I wouldn't say WoW is a PoS now, it's just in an awkwardly poor state, in which it's overall content, polish, and gameplay is keeping it ahead of most of the competition at this time. It's stagnant, it's actually feeling really dated, real-content is too far off even though the user base increased (I think MANY have came back to Cata thinking things would be different like they said, but I'm sure that number will start to decline if it isn't already), not like they needed it too. It's just so odd that they said one thing about content, they obviously have the income to hire more people to work on and create new content/features, yet they're falling behind. At this rate, iirc and correct me if I'm wrong, they're even falling behind TBC standards?

The difference here with the class fixes are that they're sweeping, and they were going on hot-fixes on a daily basis. I'd be all for it, but they were going to massive ends of the spectrum here. Wrath sucked because they'd let a class go OP or broken for months at a time before touching them, which sucked as well. Blizzard can't seem to find that happy medium.

All anecdotal for me (so someone else's experience my vary) but raiding has died off a lot on my server. Nobody is raiding right now, this very second. Not a single alliance soul in any of the raid instances. Saturday and Sunday afternoons were filled with guild raids and pug raids in WotLK but now there's none. Friday night used to be a prime raiding time as well in Vanilla, TBC, and WotLK, and if you do /who for the raid instances, you're getting about 100 people in there, which is a significant drop off from what it used to be. I can only guess why but there's something clearly off on my server now. Maybe my server is some completely isolated experience that nobody else is experiencing but something is wrong and I'm curious if it's a trend or not.

Entropia

No One Remembers
FLEABttn said:
All anecdotal for me (so someone else's experience my vary) but raiding has died off a lot on my server. Nobody is raiding right now, this very second. Not a single alliance soul in any of the raid instances. Saturday and Sunday afternoons were filled with guild raids and pug raids in WotLK but now there's none. Friday night used to be a prime raiding time as well in Vanilla, TBC, and WotLK, and if you do /who for the raid instances, you're getting about 100 people in there, which is a significant drop off from what it used to be. I can only guess why but there's something clearly off on my server now. Maybe my server is some completely isolated experience that nobody else is experiencing but something is wrong and I'm curious if it's a trend or not.

This is pretty much why I log on for raids only now. There's nothing to do otherwise. I have a handful of alts at level 80, and one at 85. I have no desire to level/play them because when I hit 85 what am I going to do? There's no pug raids anymore.

I'm fine, and content with a tier of raiding being fairly puggable, especially the first tier of the expansion. I wouldn't expect full clears or anything, but being able to do all but the last boss or two, that'd be acceptable.

FLEABttn

Banned
Entropia said:
This is pretty much why I log on for raids only now. There's nothing to do otherwise. I have a handful of alts at level 80, and one at 85. I have no desire to level/play them because when I hit 85 what am I going to do? There's no pug raids anymore.

I just had this conversation with a guildy of mine. I have an 84 warrior that's unlikely to make 85. What's my motivation to get it there?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
FLEABttn said:
I understand the phenomenon you're referring to, but I think it's because you no longer can do two separate raid types. Most of those PUG raids tended to be 25s put together by guilds that mostly did 10s, and a lot of guilds that primarily do 25s would do 10s on the weekends with whoever happened to be on.

Since you can't do that, there's no reason to log on for weekends. I understand the motivation behind Blizzard's decision to consolidate raid types, but it might not have been for the best since it tends to kill a lot of the spontaneous stuff like just logging in on the weekend and popping through a raid even if your guild has nothing scheduled.

Honestly, if I had the choice between relatively easy content, and having nothing to do, I'd pick the former. Fuck the haters, there was a lot of stuff to actually do in Wrath.

Mairu

Entropia said:

I'm fine, and content with a tier of raiding being fairly puggable, especially the first tier of the expansion. I wouldn't expect full clears or anything, but being able to do all but the last boss or two, that'd be acceptable.
So play your alt on a higher population server? I see pug raids every day on my server, and while this tier of raiding isn't the complete joke that Naxx2.0 was, there is definitely pug viability in the normal raiding instances.

I quit before Ulduar came out in wotlk and didn't come back until shortly after Cataclysm was released, I definitely prefer the way it is now to when it was when I quit. I'm only disappointed that firelands is coming later than expected.

FLEABttn

Banned
Angry Grimace said:
Honestly, if I had the choice between relatively easy content, and having nothing to do, I'd pick the former. Fuck the haters, there was a lot of stuff to actually do in Wrath.

This. The consolidation and increase in difficulty has given people nothing to do, or actively dissuades people from doing anything. We did Baradin Hold last weekend. It took 20 minutes to find 3 pugs willing to do it.

Oh, one raid going on now in Bastion of Twilight. So awesome.

Yeah really struggling for stuff to do now.. cant raid with my guild so im geared (bar absurdly priced AH gear that ZG will replace) for raid with no raids to do.
Made my dps spec into a pvp spec then remember alliance fucking suck balls 90% of the time
and I don't have anyone to arena with.

So run instances for no reason and do tol barad daily's OR level an alt but at the end of it ill do exactly the same.... maybe I just have a really shit attention span.

Angry Grimace said:
There's a lot of content, you just don't want to do it. Wrath launched with a recycled raid and 1 true hard mode boss. Cata has 13 hard modes to work on at launch.

Angry Grimace

cuevas said:
There's a lot of content, you just don't want to do it. Wrath launched with a recycled raid and 1 true hard mode boss. Cata has 13 hard modes to work on at launch.
You should really try to understand the context of the posts you're replying to, instead of just being defensive. This reply is completely inapposite and ignores the premise of what you're replying to.

The point of the post wasn't "there isn't enough content"; I was just saying you could do more things in general in Wrath because you had more lockouts (due to the 10/25 split) and because it was generally easier.

The problem with your "do some hard modes" theory is that getting raid groups together to do progression content usually requires you set up times for your guild and 99% of the playing population doesn't raid 5-6 nights a week.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Maybe some players should thank Blizzard for actually making them do something else than playing WoW.

But yeah, i wish raids were more puggable(at least the first bosses), because right now its mostly impossible. Maybe once Firelands is out and T11 will be buyable from JP, it will be.

At least, this give me time to do some progress in my Mountain o' Mounts achievement, and maybe some time to see all of the Horde side of Cataclysm too, since my main is Alliance.

Won

FLEABttn said:
This. The consolidation and increase in difficulty has given people nothing to do, or actively dissuades people from doing anything. We did Baradin Hold last weekend. It took 20 minutes to find 3 pugs willing to do it.

Oh, one raid going on now in Bastion of Twilight. So awesome.

I would say that is a sign to abandon the server.

Bisnic

Won said:

It's not really better on my server. On Alliance side, i see 34 people in Blackwing Descent and thats about it. I just think most guilds do their raid nights on tuesday, wednesday and thursday and just play alts or do dailies/pvp the rest of the week since they're locked out for both versions.

Angry Grimace

Bisnic said:
Maybe some players should thank Blizzard for actually making them do something else than playing WoW.

But yeah, i wish raids were more puggable(at least the first bosses), because right now its mostly impossible. Maybe once Firelands is out and T11 will be buyable from JP, it will be.

At least, this give me time to do some progress in my Mountain of Mounts achievement, and maybe some time to see all of the Horde side of Cataclysm too, since my main is Alliance.
I'm slightly confused about Firelands. How big is it? The delay isn't that big of a deal if it's Ulduar sized, but everything I've heard suggests it's going to be BoT sized, which is not sufficient to have nothing coming until past May.

Bisnic

Angry Grimace said:
I'm slightly confused about Firelands. How big is it? The delay isn't that big of a deal if it's Ulduar sized, but everything I've heard suggests it's going to be BoT sized, which is not sufficient to have nothing coming until past May.

There's also a new zone coming with Firelands filled with dailies, not just a raid. Maybe there is some other stuff that is still a secret, but who knows.

FLEABttn

Banned
Won said:

I could, though I'm kind of tired of spending time and money chasing after better servers after a server dies. I've done it three times, and my motivation to do it a fourth is basically nil.

Won

Bisnic said:
It's not really better on my server. On Alliance side, i see 34 people in Blackwing Descent and thats about it. I just think most guilds do their raid nights on tuesday, wednesday and thursday and just play alts or do dailies/pvp the rest of the week since they're locked out for both versions.

Well, I checked my server earlier and saw at least around 300 players in raid instances, probably even more, and at least 2 groups assembling for Icecrown Citadel.

I can see people getting bored and playing less at the moment. But that description just sounds like a very very dead server.

FLEABttn said:
I could, though I'm kind of tired of spending time and money chasing after better servers after a server dies. I've done it three times, and my motivation to do it a fourth is basically nil.

That sucks of course. Blizzard probably makes a lot of money off dying servers too. :/

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
I didn't really participate in general raids unless it was for older content (oldworldraiders channel booya!) and I ignored most of the newer dungeons throughout Wrath and Cata. Heck, I didn't even get my main to 85. But being on the biggest RP realm affords me a worthwhile opportunity to check up on both guilds and friends that I left behind via Armory. So far one of the big guilds I joined is a shell of its former self; only the GM and his girl seem to log on to it. The other guilds and people I know are all 50/50 between still playing and obviously stopping back in Jan/Feb. The thing that separates the RP realms from all others is the fact that the community within is still so central that it's hard to really break apart unless the servers go down or people simply drift away without saying a word.

I suspect that ZG and ZA coming back will boost Horde popularity a lot and give people a chance to run through it to get RP gear (which, as far as I know, most Troll guilds were still doing weekly ZA runs when I left) that is good stats-wise, but outside of that it seems to be relatively normal on my old RP realm and people are simply quitting because they're sick of playing the same game for years and/or jumping onto Rift.

J-Rzez

FLEABttn said:

Naw, my experience is eerily similar actually. I know my guild alone struggles to get a raid together twice a week, and as of late not having one due to 2-3 not showing. There's 1 pug left over the weekend, when on this server there used to be 5-6 per weekend day/night. 1 pug that tries to pick it up the next day where they left off. People just aren't playing anymore, they're burnt out. Perhaps blizz put too much effort on the old world which meant nearly dick to end game players, and instead should have focused on end game. I mean, that's great and all there's a new 1-60, but that's not the reason I'd imagine "most" play the game for exactly, the 1-60 leveling experience and leveling in general.

This I swear is not a loaded phrase, but Wrath spoiled people. Less accomplished people were used to instances where the tuning was to a level they didn't have to work hard and smart on their character and complexity was dropped so they didn't have to upgrade what was between their ears before entering. Raiders (capitalized) from before Wrath got VERY comfortable with two things: a system that relegated wiping to only THE hardest HM bosses, the PTR, or those discreet frontloaded 10 man learning meetups away from Fraps and WoL while spending as little time actually in an instance was valued most highly instead of what it took under the guild culture to get the job done.

Then you have the monetary/logistics/gearing and general pace of pre-raids is faster than ever, but the pacing on the release of the new instances isn't (Done when it's done.™ and all that).

Angry Grimace said:

Yah, weren't they saying they were going to have tag team raids this go?

SatelliteOfLove said:
This I swear is not a loaded phrase, but Wrath spoiled people. Less accomplished people were used to instances where the tuning was to a level they didn't have to work hard and smart on their character and complexity was dropped so they didn't have to upgrade what was between their ears before entering.
Then you have the monetary/logistics/gearing and general pace of pre-raids is faster than ever, but the pacing on the release of the new instances isn't (Done when it's done.™ and all that).

Having no cata raid experience, purely Heroics its honestly the same. Maybe I got lucky/unlucky as I came back on the day of 4.06 without knowing but cata heroics are easy as any lich king ones but the fact speccing is really hard to fuck up now means even if you slack you can still do passable dps.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Angry Grimace said:
You should really try to understand the context of the posts you're replying to, instead of just being defensive. This reply is completely inapposite and ignores the premise of what you're replying to.

The point of the post wasn't "there isn't enough content"; I was just saying you could do more things in general in Wrath because you had more lockouts (due to the 10/25 split) and because it was generally easier.

The problem with your "do some hard modes" theory is that getting raid groups together to do progression content usually requires you set up times for your guild and 99% of the playing population doesn't raid 5-6 nights a week.
Normal modes were progression content a few months ago. All of the sudden you can't set up progression times?

Cetra

Johnlenham said:
Having no cata raid experience, purely Heroics its honestly the same. Maybe I got lucky/unlucky as I came back on the day of 4.06 without knowing but cata heroics are easy as any lich king ones but the fact speccing is really hard to fuck up now means even if you slack you can still do passable dps.

I agree. I somehow queued for a heroic accidentally a couple of times for not paying attention, and they were cake. Hardest thing was the Gilblins in Throne of Tides but it wasn't anything I'd call overly difficult. I was sooooo under-geared as well, and being the tank I warned them when I realized what I'd done. They didn't care and we completed the dungeon. Afterward I was dumbfounded as to why people were crying that heroics are so difficult.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
II CETRA II said:
I agree. I somehow queued for a heroic accidentally a couple of times for not paying attention, and they were cake. Hardest thing was the Gilblins in Throne of Tides but it wasn't anything I'd call overly difficult. I was sooooo under-geared as well, and being the tank I warned them when I realized what I'd done. They didn't care and we completed the dungeon. Afterward I was dumbfounded as to why people were crying that heroics are so difficult.
What? If you meet the gear requirements to queue for a heroic you're not under geared. If you did this after 4.0.6, then you got carried due to over geared people and the Luck of the Draw buff. The buff wasn't working before the patch and the buff was buffed itself to give up to a maximum of 15% damage/health/healing.

Cetra

It was before the patch. And I'd never call mostly greens and some quest blues "heroic geared" no matter what some little number on my character sheet says.

Bisnic

Ok, nevermind what i said about my "dead" server sooner, there is over 49 people in both Blackwing Descent and Bastion of Twilight with 42 people in Throne of the Four Winds. Guess most guilds raid at 9pm on my server.

I still wish there was a way to see more than 49 people with a /who, such a weird limit.

Angry Grimace

DeathNote said:
Normal modes were progression content a few months ago. All of the sudden you can't set up progression times?
What are the percentage of guilds that have cleared Nefarian? Like 10%?

Have you?

C.Dark.DN

Banned
II CETRA II said:
It was before the patch. And I'd never call mostly greens and some quest blues "heroic geared" no matter what some little number on my character sheet says.
Assuming one knows the strat and how to gear/play their class, blizzard kind of decided what stats will be on the gear on average and that it's good enough to down the boss. It's possible to build a full healing, tank, and dps set from quest gear.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Angry Grimace said:
What are the percentage of guilds that have cleared Nefarian? Like 10%?

Have you?
You're only proving my point?

The first bosses every guild in the world downed were progression content, Nefarian is progression content, Heroic modes are progression content.

Every raiding guild had to set time for progression content(every normal mode boss) in the past, but they/you can't for heroics suddenly after clearing normal?

C.Dark.DN

Banned
IsayFever said:
All I know is I'm considering dropping my sub until the next expansion at this point and just playing Rift / Team Fortress
Next expansion or next tier?

Leveling and shit in Rift would be fun. But wont PVP/Raiding be even worse due to a naturally low population in general?

IsayFever

DeathNote said:
Next expansion or next tier?

Leveling and shit in Rift would be fun. But wont PVP/Raiding be even worse due to a naturally low population in general?

My server in Rift actually has a higher population than my wow server, and I'm on fucking Whisperwind :)

The pvp is fantastic in Rift, and the raid content doesn't appear too bad. I've spent most of my time leveling (4 levels from level cap) in warfronts (battlegrounds) and they are pretty fun.

And I'm pretty sure next expansion. The game just isn't fun anymore. Been playing since closed beta and I've only played 3 characters hardcore since then. In that time span I've done all content available in the game minus heroic lich king and this newest tier of heroics, have old school pvp titles of rank 11+ on 2 characters, and Justicar on 3.

As I've stated before, I fucking love Wow, but it's boring and I just can't seem to login anymore. I try and try to find something interesting to do in there, but sitting around stormwind fishing isn't my ideal fun time ;/

Angry Grimace said:

Looking at the alpha/beta maps of the zone (on MMO-champ), it seems like there is space for at least 7 distinct bosses, if not more. 7 being a more conservative estimate. So less than Ulduar, more than BoT and (slightly) more than BWD. That combined with the fact that it's probably paired with an as of yet unrevealed shorter instance or two (1-4 bosses each), and the tier will be fairly substantial.

FLEABttn said:
We did Baradin Hold last weekend. It took 20 minutes to find 3 pugs willing to do it.

a) Baradin Hold is a roflstomp so obviously you're not going to get anyone to PUG it with you on the weekend because everyone already got raidlocked to it on Tuesday, and

b) what the heck server are you on, because most of what you describe doesn't sound right even for my server and we're pretty close to the bottom end of populations (on my faction.)

II CETRA II said:
Afterward I was dumbfounded as to why people were crying that heroics are so difficult.

People were calling heroics hard (accurately, they were hard as hell) because they were running them in groups of five people who all just barely crested the 329 barrier instead of riding on a palanquin carried by four other people in sweet purple gear.

I think it would be literally impossible to design five-man dungeons that start out challenging and stay challenging given the natural tiers of gear progression that exist in the game (since you'll be looking at a full 26 item levels between normal-dungeon gear and raid gear) but Cataclysm heroics are quite a bit tougher and more mechanic-intensive than WoW dungeons have been in quite some time.

CarbonatedFalcon said:
That combined with the fact that it's probably paired with an as of yet unrevealed shorter instance or two (1-4 bosses each), and the tier will be fairly substantial.

This is really key, I think. If Firelands is the "main attraction" of 4.2 but there's a four-boss minor raid or something too, I don't think anyone will complain.

FLEABttn

Banned
charlequin said:
a) Baradin Hold is a roflstomp so obviously you're not going to get anyone to PUG it with you on the weekend because everyone already got raidlocked to it on Tuesday, and

b) what the heck server are you on, because most of what you describe doesn't sound right even for my server and we're pretty close to the bottom end of populations (on my faction.)

Wintergrasp was a roflstomp as well but there was no challenge in grabbing extras to come along, no matter the day of the week.

Drenden. It didn't used to be like this. It took a turn for the terrible quite recently.

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
charlequin said:
I think it would be literally impossible to design five-man dungeons that start out challenging and stay challenging given the natural tiers of gear progression that exist in the game (since you'll be looking at a full 26 item levels between normal-dungeon gear and raid gear) but Cataclysm heroics are quite a bit tougher and more mechanic-intensive than WoW dungeons have been in quite some time.
maybe blizz could implement a system that tunes a dungeon based on the average ilevel of all players for that particular instance. give stronger weighting to tanks' and healers' ilevel to influence how the dungeon is balanced.

got 25H nef, /dancing with my awesome gear and title in front of AH. NERD SCREAMS GALORE

Scrow said:
maybe blizz could implement a system that tunes a dungeon based on the average ilevel of all players for that particular instance. give stronger weighting to tanks' and healers' ilevel to influence how the dungeon is balanced.

So remove gear altogether? If a fight is the same if you are in greens or epics it would be all skill based which sounds good but there is no incentive to do the fight more than once.

Angry Grimace

DeathNote said:
You're only proving my point?

The first bosses every guild in the world downed were progression content, Nefarian is progression content, Heroic modes are progression content.

Every raiding guild had to set time for progression content(every normal mode boss) in the past, but they/you can't for heroics suddenly after clearing normal?
I don't think you understood the topic, dude.

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
cuevas said:
So remove gear altogether? If a fight is the same if you are in greens or epics it would be all skill based which sounds good but there is no incentive to do the fight more than once.
hmm, maybe have it as a sliding window of balance that stops at a cap. above a certain average group ilevel the difficulty caps and progressively becomes more of a cake walk the better geared a group's average ilevel gets. anything below that average group ilevel ceiling results in an auto-balancing of the dungeon to make it easier where appropriate.

mclem

I don't know if it's my server (doubtful, it's hardly a big-name server with celebrity guilds), our guild actually *liking* playing with each other (We're hardly bleeding-edge progression, but we tend to have a good time) or the sheer force of my magnetic personality (Yeah, right!), but we're having no significant issues with guildies remaining interested in raiding content.

We're raiding to schedule, reliably being able to get 25 players (sometimes starting a few below the 25), and clearing what is - for us - progression content on a regular basis.

Anecdotal evidence, I know, and I live in perpetual fear of a collapse (the big thing I'm scared of is the theoretical possibility that ten people will decide they can strike out on their own without the rest of us), but right *now*, everything's just about fine.

Rokam

I think I may be the only person in WoW who enjoys leveling characters, gearing them, and starting a new one. I even level on servers where I have no characters. Though getting gold has become a joke, was over 2000 before 60. If only leveling characters for others wasn't against the ToS. Although I am slowly approaching having played every spec on every class. Raiding has never been very fun for me. The thing that really disappointed me this expansion was no grindable rep. Everything is either dailies or tabards.

Dunlop

FU Cho'gall!!!!!

We are about to give up on this boss, I am at a loss. We cannot keep the tank on Cho'gal up during the add phase.

We are removing MC's instanty but when I run the expression editor of world of logs it shows twisted devotion being on the boss at each tank death (average of 3, sometimes higher).

Our tank has an item level of 359 and knows his shit, using the same expresson editor I took a snippet of one fight 20 seconds before his death (assuming the duration of twisted devotion) and he took 280K damage and resisted another 90K. We are all geared enough that we should be able to easily 2 heal this but currently could put 5 healers and the tank will still drop with this kind of damage coming in.

We are at the point where nobody has any corruption, the transitions are smooth, we are burning through the adds and slimes and should reach phase 2 by sometime past the 3rd add phase but we splat by the second. My eyes are honed in on the raid frames looking at how long MC is on any person and it never seems to have it longer than a second

I would love to say it is bugged as the first time we got to Cho'gall was at the end of the night and we hit phase 2 almost each time. But nobody else is complaining about this

FUCK!!!!!!!!!

/rant

Dunlop said:
FU Cho'gall!!!!!

We are about to give up on this boss, I am at a loss. We cannot keep the tank on Cho'gal up during the add phase.

We are removing MC's instanty but when I run the expression editor of world of logs it shows twisted devotion being on the boss at each tank death (average of 3, sometimes higher).

Our tank has an item level of 359 and knows his shit, using the same expresson editor I took a snippet of one fight 20 seconds before his death (assuming the duration of twisted devotion) and he took 280K damage and resisted another 90K. We are all geared enough that we should be able to easily 2 heal this but currently could put 5 healers and the tank will still drop with this kind of damage coming in.

We are at the point where nobody has any corruption, the transitions are smooth, we are burning through the adds and slimes and should reach phase 2 by sometime past the 3rd add phase but we splat by the second. My eyes are honed in on the raid frames looking at how long MC is on any person and it never seems to have it longer than a second

I would love to say it is bugged as the first time we got to Cho'gall was at the end of the night and we hit phase 2 almost each time. But nobody else is complaining about this

FUCK!!!!!!!!!

/rant

If the devotion buff is getting up to 3 then the MC's aren't getting dispelled anywhere near instantly. 3 stacks is on average (IIRC) both MCs getting halfway through the cast, or one MC getting dispelled instantly and the other not getting dispelled at all.

The healers should be able to keep the tank up through a 3 stack though, assuming it's not happening frequently, because the buff will get up that high every once in awhile since the MCs are a lot harder to dispel when the adds are up and everybody's spread out.

edit: I've never actually played a raid healer or tank ever, so take everything above with a grain of salt :)

mclem

25-man is obviously not quite the same, but in that I've survived periods of 4+ stacks, admittedly with using a CD to cover the damage. I assume your tank's watching the stacks and popping a CD when they hit the danger zone?

If you like, I can take a glance at the WoL to see if I can figure out where the problem lies. The resists (assuming you do actually mean resist, and not absorb/block) does make me a little suspicious, I'm wondering if that might actually be the (interruptible) attack the adds do

canned my sub, runs out on the 24th. thought about trying rift but im unsure if my pc can run it so mmo time is over for now!
Can see myself just logging in to run dailys for no reason if i didnt!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom