• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

mclem

Morn said:
rutSi.jpg

ROFL

They should unban him, take the money, wait a week then ban him again for the same offense.

mclem

I'm doing 25s myself, too, but I had the impression that most normal fights were easier in 10-man than 25-man, but harder in 10H than 25H?

Might be a complete misconception, of course.

One issue that does make it hard to judge this, of course, is the simple fact that it's significantly easier to get 9 other people to do the right thing at the right time than it is to get 24 to do so.

mclem said:
I'm doing 25s myself, too, but I had the impression that most normal fights were easier in 10-man than 25-man, but harder in 10H than 25H?

I am under the impression that there are one or two fights easier on 10M (Al'akir) but everything else is easier on 25 even on normal.

^ I think this is true too. 10 man guild, 4/13 at the moment only because a lot of players are taking breaks and it's hard need everyone to be at their best and right compositions, got some friends in 25 man hc and we talk about that stuff from time to time.
Iirc even some people from top guilds said 10 man HC is harder.

Well, I ran a bunch of Heroics during the night, and they all went pretty good. I was doing about 10k DPS for most all of the dungeons, and 14k during bosses or something (people in the group who actually know how to use Recount, would say I was hitting around there for single battles, wish I knew how to check that, haha).

I was running full PvP/Arena gear through them all too. Every group would comment on it, or make fun of it, but once I was leading DPS or close enough in second or third, they didnt seem to care :p.

Also, most people were really nice and would explain how to do the battles that needed explaining. So that was pretty great.

Over all, it was a really good experience. I will be doing more Heroics soon, and keep picking up new gear that doesnt have Resilience, but also lowers my Int. haha.

Swag

Did a couple raids last night, Bastion of Twilight and Conclave of Wind.

BoT seemed pretty straight forward, got Halfus after a few tries, had to suggest changing the drake kill order before we got it, for some reason they thought Time Warden > Slate > Nether scion was better then Nether Scion > Slate > Time Warden.

Valiona and Thoralian, hated that fight because I died on it, but was overall a fun experience, lots of moving, but not really healing intensive as I thought it would be.

Ascendant Council, fuck that fight was tough, didn't get it due to numerous player errors, but damn. Fight was challenging, that might be because of slow dps but amount of things to pay attention to is quite high, really enjoyed wiping on it.

Then I tried Conclave of Wind, and wiped 11 times because of platform switching errors. Although I had the Rohash platform as a healer which was pretty boring.

All in all really enjoying this tier so far, gonna see if I can get into a BWD group, but I doubt I'll meet the requirements.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
I find myself accidentally clicking the chat input bar a lot and the only way to exit by default is to press enter.

Anyway to make it exit if it click somewhere else on the screen?

edit: oh wait, it was on IM style instead of classic. lul, nevermind

mclem

Sebulon3k said:
BoT seemed pretty straight forward, got Halfus after a few tries, had to suggest changing the drake kill order before we got it, for some reason they thought Time Warden > Slate > Nether scion was better then Nether Scion > Slate > Time Warden.

The kill order is a *very* different thing from the release order, if it's your first time then that may not be clear. Release them to put their specific debuff on the boss, kill them to get a stacking +damage debuff on the boss. You're going to have significant issues if you don't release Slate right at the start, but it doesn't necessarily matter when (or even *if*) you kill it.

The Nether Scion/Time Warden choice would boil down to whether you want to reduce AoE damage (release Time Warden) or tank damage (release Nether Scion)

Seems like I've lost most, if not all, of my interest in this game. Wound up taking a break to prepare for the SC2 GAF tournament, and since then I haven't had much interest going back to WoW. The guild is in dire need of more tanks, and I wound up raiding (BWD 10) with them on Wed. but it was completely underwhelming. A lot of the core dps were gone for spring break, as was the MT so I got to take his spot. Did the Omnotron Defense System for the first time. Overall it was a fun, challenging fight, but I was dismayed at the poor raid awareness/reactions from the newer raiders. Especially with respect to Toxictron's adds - people simply weren't moving.

After more than an hour of wiping we downed him. Then we proceeded to wipe endlessly on Magmaw. I'm not too familiar with strats considering that was the second time I had done the fight, but aren't dps supposed to nuke the adds? Instead they had me kiting them. I kept them on me and Victory Rush helped a lot, but it seemed like that healing could have gone somewhere else if dps just nuked the adds.

Total fail run. Every time I've raided with them, something like that happens. I know I'm a good tank so I'm not doubting my skills, but it just seems like there's always some weakness in the raid whenever I participate. They're 9/12 overall so it's not like the guild is fail. Dunno, regardless I'm not particularly excited about raiding again anytime soon.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
PhoenixDark said:
Seems like I've lost most, if not all, of my interest in this game. Wound up taking a break to prepare for the SC2 GAF tournament, and since then I haven't had much interest going back to WoW. The guild is in dire need of more tanks, and I wound up raiding (BWD 10) with them on Wed. but it was completely underwhelming. A lot of the core dps were gone for spring break, as was the MT so I got to take his spot. Did the Omnotron Defense System for the first time. Overall it was a fun, challenging fight, but I was dismayed at the poor raid awareness/reactions from the newer raiders. Especially with respect to Toxictron's adds - people simply weren't moving.

After more than an hour of wiping we downed him. Then we proceeded to wipe endlessly on Magmaw. I'm not too familiar with strats considering that was the second time I had done the fight, but aren't dps supposed to nuke the adds? Instead they had me kiting them. I kept them on me and Victory Rush helped a lot, but it seemed like that healing could have gone somewhere else if dps just nuked the adds.

Total fail run. Every time I've raided with them, something like that happens. I know I'm a good tank so I'm not doubting my skills, but it just seems like there's always some weakness in the raid whenever I participate. They're 9/12 overall so it's not like the guild is fail. Dunno, regardless I'm not particularly excited about raiding again anytime soon.
sounds like you were tanking them rather than kiting them.

ch0mp said:
The ranged dps should be on the adds. We had a hunter to draw the pillar, frost trap and then just range nuke them.

We have a warrior tank them and kill them with Thunderclap, etc. Leaves all the dps on the boss and it goes pretty fast.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Wow, potion of treasure finding is awesome. Finally got around to testing it. The mats cost 63g on my server and alchs are selling them for 150g each. I got almost 600g (if I were to undercut everyone on the AH) worth of loot back while farming for my daily truegold volatiles within the 1 hour time limit. 40g, few stacks of embersilk cloth, 17 volatiles (9 air), 3 pyrite ore, few other things.

charlequin said:
I think it has much more to do with how their tier strategy completely broke itemization in Wrath. The need to have four whole distinct levels of gear (10m, 25m, 10mH, 25mH) associated with each tier in Wrath made item levels shoot up way faster than intended, which both made the step between different tiers more absurd and led to system-straining design issues later on (like people gearing up to the crit cap.)

I feel like they could have resolved this other ways... like just not raising the item level by as much each time. I think the level 85 combat ratings are much more punishing than the level 80 ones are, so they've already made it harder to get such crazy numbers.

As a fire mage who had 70% crit during raids at level 80... I kind of miss it myself. The non-heroic raiding epics are kind of a minor upgrade over the heroic blues. It's hard to feel like a badass in a "top" raiding guild when someone can just buy BOEs off the AH and have almost the same stats as you.

This next raid tier will be pretty important I think. Lots of people just not interested in this content anymore and quitting. Hopefully Firelands is amazing... otherwise this game could get pretty sad.

No45

Does anyone know of any styles/scripts that can strip the clutter out of the official WoW forums? Ideally I'd like a more neutral colour palette to start with - other options would be good too (removing avatars etc.).

This information will in no way be used to make browsing the official forums at work a less conspicuous activity. *shifty eyes*

Gvaz

Banned
Instead of botting pvp or archaeology (you could do that? how? did it auto fly you and everything?) I simply quit the game. I'll come back when I can finish off the last 3 rares for professor.

I don't even care about the weapons, I just want my fucking bug mount and Thing pet.

wonderdung said:
I feel like they could have resolved this other ways... like just not raising the item level by as much each time. I think the level 85 combat ratings are much more punishing than the level 80 ones are, so they've already made it harder to get such crazy numbers.

As a fire mage who had 70% crit during raids at level 80... I kind of miss it myself. The non-heroic raiding epics are kind of a minor upgrade over the heroic blues. It's hard to feel like a badass in a "top" raiding guild when someone can just buy BOEs off the AH and have almost the same stats as you.

This next raid tier will be pretty important I think. Lots of people just not interested in this content anymore and quitting. Hopefully Firelands is amazing... otherwise this game could get pretty sad.
Naw you still like it when you have 20 people outside the ah targeting you to check out your 372s

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
cuevas said:
Naw you still like it when you have 20 people outside the ah targeting you to check out your 372s

But how would they even know you're wearing 372s unless they inspect you by chance? It all looks the same on the outside.
It's not like in classic WoW where you could easily separate hardcore raiders and "regular players" just by looking at their gear without inspecting.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Gvaz said:
Instead of botting pvp or archaeology (you could do that? how? did it auto fly you and everything?) I simply quit the game. I'll come back when I can finish off the last 3 rares for professor.

I don't even care about the weapons, I just want my fucking bug mount and Thing pet.
you quit the game because archaeology sucks?

Bisnic said:
But how would they even know you're wearing 372s unless they inspect you by chance? It all looks the same on the outside.
It's not like in classic WoW where you could easily separate hardcore raiders and "regular players" just by looking at their gear without inspecting.

It sucks that this model has disappeared

Bisnic

Lead Based Paint said:
It sucks that this model has disappeared

It didnt really disappeared, green/blue gear still look boring/simple compared to shiny epic gear. It's just that it's easier for everyone to get into raids compared to 6 years ago.

Ferrio

Banned
Azwethinkweiz said:
We have a warrior tank them and kill them with Thunderclap, etc. Leaves all the dps on the boss and it goes pretty fast.

Same I prot tank them, and beat the shit outta them. Rend+Thunderclap+Shockwave == top dps. Rarely need anyone to help me kill them.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Bisnic said:
It didnt really disappeared, green/blue gear still look boring/simple compared to shiny epic gear. It's just that it's easier for everyone to get into raids compared to 6 years ago.
Has more to do with them reusing models.

cuevas said:

The only time someone has asked me about my gear this tier... it was someone asking if I got my Maldo's Sword Cane from a drop or off the AH. :p

One benefit of 10 mans plus overpowered BOEs, though... we split the profits from our drops 10 ways. So every week or so we'll be sitting in front of Halfus and an officer will trade us 4k gold.

DeathNote said:
sounds like you were tanking them rather than kiting them.

I was certainly kiting the majority of the time, although at times I did just tank them. I'd just spam my aoe, Heroic Leap away, go back in the throw some aoe, Intervene someone, etc.

Gvaz

Banned
DeathNote said:
you quit the game because archaeology sucks?
Archaeology sucks: the vanity items are useless (can't use them in combat, long cooldowns short buffs, unlike the Iron Boot flask which is a step in the right direction for shapechanging), the weapons aren't that good, especially when 4.2 comes out (they should be BtA scaling weapons instead), the mounts/pets are neat but that's about it. Not being able to pick and choose and only 4 locations per cont even though azeroth is enormous compared to outlands or northrend is bullshit. 8 locations for azeroth and 6 for outlands northrend with the ability to focus fire a race down. Also change all shapechanges to 10 minute buffs with 10 minute cooldowns and being able to use them in combat. it's not like it breaks the game to make everyone naga or furbolgs or w/e.

Also heroics are tedious, pubbies are impatient as fuck (I got kicked once for a bad tank because I joked about the CC and they thought I wasn't attacking the right target -_-), too much effort to get a guild group together and ends up being worth more because of the random buff, and the only thing I have left on my main was grinding rep for TBC and oldworld and maybe loremaster so I went and leveled a shaman to nothrend. Then I got the northrend blues and stopped there too. No tank queue things either, which is kind of disappointing because you were able to game the system w/r/t seasonal dailies where you didnt even need a tank like with the love is in the air one.

TB sucks, I grinded out for the drake, then went "oh I have to do almost the same for the pet/tabard/ground mount (which were hte only things I wanted) and went NOPE.

I wasn't playing for weeks at that point so I quit.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Gvaz said:
Archaeology sucks: the vanity items are useless (can't use them in combat, long cooldowns short buffs, unlike the Iron Boot flask which is a step in the right direction for shapechanging), the weapons aren't that good, especially when 4.2 comes out (they should be BtA scaling weapons instead), the mounts/pets are neat but that's about it. Not being able to pick and choose and only 4 locations per cont even though azeroth is enormous compared to outlands or northrend is bullshit. 8 locations for azeroth and 6 for outlands northrend with the ability to focus fire a race down. Also change all shapechanges to 10 minute buffs with 10 minute cooldowns and being able to use them in combat. it's not like it breaks the game to make everyone naga or furbolgs or w/e.

Also heroics are tedious, pubbies are impatient as fuck (I got kicked once for a bad tank because I joked about the CC and they thought I wasn't attacking the right target -_-), too much effort to get a guild group together and ends up being worth more because of the random buff, and the only thing I have left on my main was grinding rep for TBC and oldworld and maybe loremaster so I went and leveled a shaman to nothrend. Then I got the northrend blues and stopped there too. No tank queue things either, which is kind of disappointing because you were able to game the system w/r/t seasonal dailies where you didnt even need a tank like with the love is in the air one.

TB sucks, I grinded out for the drake, then went "oh I have to do almost the same for the pet/tabard/ground mount (which were hte only things I wanted) and went NOPE.

I wasn't playing for weeks at that point so I quit.
Archeology does suck. But quiting because of it and only coming back when it's better, if it ever is, is crazy OCD. If it's a pain, don't do it. But, you just made a longer list of acceptable reasons to quit. If you don't have friends to arena, pvp, heroic, and raid with, the game does suck. Even if the dungoen pug is successful, I don't trust people rolling on things they have and I don't like working to gear up random people I'll never see again. I wish we could make a cross realm friends list. In 4.2 it should be better. You'll only care about JP epic currency gear. The heroic blues will be nice but not required. 4.1 is going to increase the amount of weekly VP you can get through heroics tho. 980/1250 instead of the current 480/1250. You have to do tier 2 heroics only or a combination of tier 1 and 2 heroics to reach 980 tho. So that puts even less emphasis on Heroic and JP gear. But then you come to the same problems If you don't have friends to raid or pvp with there's not much reason to play. You can only do solo content for so long. People might pug tier 1 raids to push them closer to the 1250 cap.

Gvaz

Banned
Well I have an acceptably progressive guild with enough people, but (goon squad) tends to be rather a pain to get someone to help you do something I find cause goons are fucking lazy.

They're cool otherwise but all my real life friends are all on different servers, which stinks. I wish they'd do the eve thing of only one server but I don't know how that'd pan out.

Speaking of Shaman, my main is a paladin and with the recent changes since cata it's a little better but I find I don't really like it too much anymore (at least as ret)

Having to deal with combo points then the equivalent of a 30 second seal buff (INQ) is not really something I want to bother with.

Having played a shaman from 1-70, other than issues with totems, I honestly wish I could have just ported over everything from my main to my shaman at that point because it was loads more fun.

edit: I guess I'm that player who unless I'm in a raid, I don't really want to put much effort forwards anything other than staying out of the fire and hitting 123 and sometimes another button forever.

Gvaz said:
edit: I guess I'm that player who unless I'm in a raid, I don't really want to put much effort forwards anything other than staying out of the fire and hitting 123 and sometimes another button forever.

God, what a goon.

Gvaz said:
I wish they'd do the eve thing of only one server but I don't know how that'd pan out.

One server wouldn't really work for WoW. What they actually need to do* is drop the price on server transfers quite a bit. I love my guild, I love playing with the people I play with, but our recruitment options are limited because we're on such a low-pop server. If server transfers were, say, $5 a pop, we could just spring for the extra cost to recruit people cross-server.

I definitely agree, WoW (and any MMO) is more fun if you can play with people you know.

*I mean for player satisfaction purposes, obviously, they probably make more raw money this way.

Gvaz

Banned
Yeah, I mostly play solo and group with a random person at times but with endgame not really being fun for me, and grouping with random people I don't want to keep wiping with in dungeon finder, I just couldn't take it anymore.

I didn't mind the encounters or mechanics, those were fun. But I'll come back when people are clearing shit easily like in wrath. I'd much prefer 10-30 minute dungeons, not 45-90 minute romps under the sea because of trash mobs.

Bisnic

Maybe i'm just super lucky, but i have yet to join a pug for heroics so horrible that i cant reach the end, so horrible that wipes happen all the time, for the past weeks.

And im playing as a mage. I'm not playing a role that can carry any pugs other than doing better DPS than your average pug and knowing what to kill, what to avoid, and what to interrupt.

So either i have the best luck in the world, or some people are exagerrating.

Bisnic

Well it looks like the winged lion mount will be in the Blizzard Store.

wingedlion.jpg

Another mount that will be everywhere in SW & Org, just like the first week of Celestial Steed in Dalaran.

At least this one look cooler.

Gvaz

Banned
Bisnic said:
Well it looks like the winged lion mount will be in the Blizzard Store.

wingedlion.jpg

Another mount that will be everywhere in SW & Org, just like the first week of Celestial Steed in Dalaran.

At least this one look cooler.

Motherfucker.

This is bad because I love vanity items and pets and I bought the star pony :(

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Beyond retarded.

I guess the lion mount was the best candidate to have wings slapped on to it.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Dance In My Blood said:
Beyond retarded.

I guess the lion mount was the best candidate to have wings slapped on to it.
I'll wait for the winged scorpion mount

Swag

I'll get the mount, its going to Japan relief I hear.

Also doing BWD now, had Omnotron to 2%, Toxitron spawns adds, 1 raid member runs out and resets encounter.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Dance In My Blood said:
I would pay real money for that in a second.
On second thought, I'll just wait for rocket boots that let you fly like Iron Man. :lol

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Angry Grimace said:
On second thought, I'll just wait for rocket boots that let you fly like Iron Man. :lol
I've been wanting that a lot recently. I've been getting this lag every other day where I can actually fly around with my character for a minute.

Bisnic

DeathNote said:
I've been wanting that a lot recently. I've been getting this lag every other day where I can actually fly around with my character for a minute.

My characters just swim in the air when i lag. I had this issue a lot during the first week of 4.0.1 or 4.0.3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom