• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
cuevas said:
The new heroics will drop 353, you will still have to complete hard modes to get the better gear I hope.

4.1 seems to be coming out next week, BE READY!!
Yeah but you should be able to get 359 gear (current VP gear) with Justice Points right? Seems like most of the 353 will be placeholders. Also, from 4.1 onward you can get 980/1250 VP out of heroics weekly instead of just 490/1250.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
DeathNote said:
Yeah but you should be able to get 359 gear (current VP gear) with Justice Points right? Seems like most of the 353 will be placeholders. Also, from 4.1 onward you can get 980/1250 VP out of heroics weekly instead of just 490/1250.
Well, let's not forget that Abyssal Maw probably won't have 353s in it. I can only assume they will be either be 359 or higher.

Bisnic said:
Let me guess, the guild is called "Dark Knights of Justice" or some shit like that.

Oh no.

Angry Grimace said:
Unfortunately, "Mega Jesus Dragonlords" is already taken on my server.

I was personally hoping for "Welfare Mammoths."

DeathNote said:
Yeah but you should be able to get 359 gear (current VP gear) with Justice Points right?

Not until 4.2. 353s in the new heroics are in 4.1.

Aeris130

ToyMachine228 said:
Just checked with my Boomkin buddy and he said our DPS spread from top to bottom is about 15/16k-18/19k, which is lower than normal because of the hit debuff of course. I'll check with our tanks tonight and make sure they are using all their avoidance cooldowns and whatnot, but it seems pretty random. One attempt one of our tanks will stay up for a good 10 seconds, the next he lasts like 1. On our most recent normal mode kill I believe one of our tanks stayed up for 27 seconds. We haven't had that sort of luck on Heroic.

Yes, it's random. You just have to keep trying until you hit a try when the tank dodges a ton of hits in p2.

LukeSmith

Item Class - Acquired by
  • Heroics 346 - JP, Heroic Dungeons
  • Crafted Epics 359 - Tradeskills
  • Raid Epics 359 - Exalted Factions, Raid Drops, VP acquisition
  • Heroic Epics 372 - Heroic modes
  • Sinestra 379

• Old Heroics 346 - JP, Heroic Dungeons
  • New Trollroics - 353 Epics
  • Sinestra 379 - Derp

• Old Heroics 346 - who cares
  • Epics 359 - Exalted Factions, Crafted, JP, and Tier 11 encounters
  • New Crafted Epics - ??? not announced, but it would be lame if there weren't new recipes.
  • Heroic Epics 372 - Tier 11 Heroic modes
  • Sinestra 379 - Derp
  • Firelands Epics ?? (378/379) - T12 raids, Valor Points
  • Firelands Heroic Epics 391 (according to old data mine) - Heroic Modes

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Also,
4.0: 490/1250 weekly VP through heroics by day 7.
4.1: 980/1250 weekly VP through tier 2 or tier 1 and 2 heroics possible on day 1.

If Tier 11 and 12 were release at launch like they initially said would you want this model only to start near tier 13's release? Or would they have eventually dropped Tier 11 to JP at a certain point.

Killed Heroic Chimaeron tonight. Finally. Fourth on the server now. On our kill, only one person died. Killed him before the second tank went down. Don't tell me that ain't RNG.

DeathNote said:
Also,
4.0: 490/1250 weekly VP through heroics by day 7.
4.1: 980/1250 weekly VP through tier 2 or tier 1 and 2 heroics possible on day 1.

If Tier 11 and 12 were release at launch like they initially said would you want this model only to start near tier 13's release? Or would they have eventually dropped Tier 11 to JP at a certain point.

Arent they also cutting the costs of all the VP gear by 50% too?

Edit: just looked it up, seems like its just the trade goods.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
LukeSmith said:
Item Class - Acquired by
  • Heroics 346 - JP, Heroic Dungeons
  • Sinestra 379

• Old Heroics 346 - JP, Heroic Dungeons
  • Sinestra 379 - Derp

• Old Heroics 346 - who cares
  • Epics 359 - Exalted Factions, Crafted, JP, and Tier 11 encounters
  • New Crafted Epics - ??? not announced, but it would be lame if there weren't new recipes.
  • Heroic Epics 372 - Tier 11 Heroic modes
  • Sinestra 379 - Derp
  • Firelands Epics ?? (378/379) - T12 raids, Valor Points
  • Firelands Heroic Epics 391 (according to old data mine) - Heroic Modes
I would assume any newly crafted stuff will be 378. I can only guess that Abyssal Maw is going to have 359s or possibly even something slightly higher.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I've been wondering, is there some kind of macro or addon that allow players to randomly choose a mount simply by pressing a button? I'm at 91 mounts now and having this would be pretty cool, rather than going through 7-8 pages of mounts trying to find one i haven't taken for a while.

Hixx

Bisnic said:
I've been wondering, is there some kind of macro or addon that allow players to randomly choose a mount simply by pressing a button? I'm at 91 mounts now and having this would be pretty cool, rather than going through 7-8 pages of mounts trying to find one i haven't taken for a while.

There is, I used to use one.

http://www.wowwiki.com/MACRO_castrandom

Obviously replace spell names with mount names.

Bisnic

So i would have to make 2 macros of /castrandom for both ground and flying mounts and manually add all 91 names?

Sound like fun haha.

Bisnic said:

I use GupPet. Auto-mounts the correct type of mount for you (i.e. flying mount most places, land mount in TB or those Stonecore tunnels, seahorse in Vashj'ir) and lets you select exactly which mounts are and are not in your rotation, or even set relative probabilities. Also does auto-summoning of random non-combat pets.

ToyMachine228 said:
Killed Heroic Chimaeron tonight. Finally. Fourth on the server now. On our kill, only one person died. Killed him before the second tank went down. Don't tell me that ain't RNG.

I recommend Magmaw next. Maloriak is a worse fight than Chimaeron... we're working on Magmaw now and everyone is surprised at how un-frustrating the fight is (despite 30+ attempts with no kill yet).

No45

Bisnic said:
So i would have to make 2 macros of /castrandom for both ground and flying mounts and manually add all 91 names?

Sound like fun haha.
RandomCompanion. ^^

Either macro /rc mount or you can just map it from the bindings menu. I *think* it handles all of the variables internally, however if not I think you can add a modifier and use /rc mount ground. ^^

wonderdung said:
I recommend Magmaw next. Maloriak is a worse fight than Chimaeron... we're working on Magmaw now and everyone is surprised at how un-frustrating the fight is (despite 30+ attempts with no kill yet).
What's your strategy? Tip: if your ranged are stacking, don't. Having them spread out is so much easier. Use aura mastery on lava spew if you aren't.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Can you filter the mounts.? I have like 7 Hawkstriders (normal and epic) and I wouldn't want those to pop up at all. Nor wold I want any of the normal or epic wyvern mounts to pop.

cuevas said:
What's your strategy? Tip: if your ranged are stacking, don't. Having them spread out is so much easier. Use aura mastery on lava spew if you aren't.

Fire mage kiting adds, hunter and druid at range to assist. 6 people minus MT stacked in melee. We have it down except for the shadowbolt phase where we were leaving too many adds up before switching onto Magmaw to burn. Should be an easy kill our next raid... seems like we just always take a couple raids to figure out how to execute fights.

Sai-kun

Banned
DeathNote said:
how hard is it to get the vial of sands pattern?

First: Hope you get a tol'vir digsite
Second: Hope you get a Canopic Jar from your Tol'vir solve
Third: Open your canopic jar and hope you get the recipe.

I got the jar and recipe on my first and only tol'vir solve. Super super lucky. I think the recipe is at like 10% or something.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Thinking about leveling my 75 alch by arch even tho I have 525 arch on my main and hate it. I could use it's herb gathering capabilities.

No45

DeathNote said:
Can you filter the mounts.? I have like 7 Hawkstriders (normal and epic) and I wouldn't want those to pop up at all. Nor wold I want any of the normal or epic wyvern mounts to pop.
RandomCompanion (linked above) allows you to apply a weight to each mount. :)

DeathNote said:
Thinking about leveling my 75 alch by arch even tho I have 525 arch on my main and hate it. I could use it's herb gathering capabilities.
I'm doing the same on the character I'm levelling at the moment. Tauren Druid - herbing while I fly around for archaeology and queue in the RDF. Hoping for Vial of the Sands at some point. ^^

Bisnic

letsbereasonable said:
Extra bosses/loot in ZG if a group member has high Archaeology skill.

Interesting way to promote the "profession." I might have to go cap it off now.

This way to promote the profession already exist in the current heroics.

You use the rare fragments you get to buff your group with stuff like 5% more crit or 10% more damage.

Dwarf rare fragments : Buffs in Grim Batol, Blackrock Caverns & Stonecore for example
Night rare fragments : Buffs in Throne of Tides
Tolvir rare fragments : Buffs in HOO, Lost City of Tolvir & Vortex Pinnacle(but no one use them, its so rare to get Tolvir digsites already, they rather use it for Tolvir artifacts)

Only troll fragments gives no buff right now, but i bet that's what we will use for the 4.1 heroics.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
No45 said:
RandomCompanion (linked above) allows you to apply a weight to each mount. :)

I'm doing the same on the character I'm levelling at the moment. Tauren Druid - herbing while I fly around for archaeology and queue in the RDF. Hoping for Vial of the Sands at some point. ^^
I'd power level herb or any profession with this guide: http://www.wow-professions.com/wowguides/wow-herbalism-guide.html In fact, I've tested 5 of them. There's a certain point for low level herbs gives a very low amount of XP right? This guide makes power leveling herb take a few hours.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Bisnic said:
This way to promote the profession already exist in the current heroics.

You use the rare fragments you get to buff your group with stuff like 5% more crit or 10% more damage.

Dwarf rare fragments : Buffs in Grim Batol, Blackrock Caverns & Stonecore for example
Night rare fragments : Buffs in Throne of Tides
Tolvir rare fragments : Buffs in HOO, Lost City of Tolvir & Vortex Pinnacle(but no one use them, its so rare to get Tolvir digsites already, they rather use it for Tolvir artifacts)

Only troll fragments gives no buff right now, but i bet that's what we will use for the 4.1 heroics.
Most people would sell or use them outside of instances. Only the hard core would have used the buff at the start of the expansion.

Also,it's possible to just buy them without reaching 1.

A keystone to open up a boss makes sense, but having 525 to collect more loot in general would be nice. If that's how they do it that is.

J-Rzez

GPUTQKFXWE331301055619982.jpg

Heh, people in my guild are already annoyed, and the hardcore max-progression raiders are livid beyond belief. It was coming, it was inevitable I said, but they didn't listen.

I still remember when blizzard said it was a "trophy mount" that will never be reproduced in the game when they removed it. Now they just gave her an ugly paintjob for the most part.

Bisnic

DeathNote said:
Most people would sell or use them outside of instances. Only the hard core would have used the buff at the start of the expansion.

Also,it's possible to just buy them without reaching 1.

A keystone to open up a boss makes sense, but having 525 to collect more loot in general would be nice. If that's how they do it that is.

Yeah i forgot to mention that you actually need to have a high skill in archaeology to activate the current arch buffs. You can't just buy the fragments on the AH and hope to get the buff if you have a skill of 40 in Archaeology for example.

I already have tons of Night elf rare fragments because im mostly doing Archaeology in Kalimdor for Tol'vir, and i got every single Night elf epic artifacts, including the trinket. And yet, i still only found the BOE ring and the thing that summon a dozen of small scarabs from Tolvir. :( If i didn't sold most of the night elf rare artifacts i found in the AH, i would probably have 50 right now.

Angry Grimace

J-Rzez said:
GPUTQKFXWE331301055619982.jpg

Heh, people in my guild are already annoyed, and the hardcore max-progression raiders are livid beyond belief. It was coming, it was inevitable I said, but they didn't listen.

I still remember when blizzard said it was a "trophy mount" that will never be reproduced in the game when they removed it. Now they just gave her an ugly paintjob for the most part.
The ease of getting it means nobody will ever use it. To be fair, it wasn't really a trophy mount in TBC either since you could just faceroll your way to it once Badge of Justice gear that was BT level was released with Isle of Quel'danas.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Ah, I see.

So, the war bear, you get one or 5 in a timed run?
How do you get the new ZG mounts?

It's interesting that they aren't reusing the tiger model and just making a Panther and that the Bear is only a recolor.

No45

DeathNote said:
I'd power level herb or any profession with this guide: http://www.wow-professions.com/wowguides/wow-herbalism-guide.html In fact, I've tested 5 of them. There's a certain point for low level herbs gives a very low amount of XP right? This guide makes power leveling herb take a few hours.
I've actually outlevelled my character with my professions, just. Herbalism is at 430, Alchemy at 350 (I use those guides religiously, so I'll be looking at Northrend herbs to carry on now) - I'm literally just flying from dig site to dig site... which is terribly slow pre-70. :p

It's helping towards the explorer achievements though. I'm barely questing at all - when I do go to Northrend I'll just fly around the map to uncover it all, herbing along the way. I did that through Outland too (I'd never been to Blade's Edge Mountains before, the western part of that map really isn't friendly to flyers!), although I managed to get through it all by level 65. >_<

Does make a nice change from questing though, which I'll have to start again once I hit 80 for the rep. :(

Bisnic

I just laugh at all the people complaining over the recolored ZA bear mount.

Why the fuck do they care? You barely use ground mounts these days anyway unless you do battlegrounds and Tol Barad. And i'm sure a great number of people who have the original mount aren't using it anymore.

Bunch of crybabies taking this game too seriously.

Like the war bear means anything, we sold it to half the people on our server. I wont be able to hear them cry over the sound of how awesome I am riding around my east wind drake.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
cuevas said:
Like the war bear means anything, we sold it to half the people on our server. I wont be able to hear them cry over the sound of how awesome I am riding around my east wind drake.
That mount has 3 other recolors and can be sold as well. So.. it doesn't mean anything either?

DeathNote said:
That mount has 3 other recolors and can be sold as well. So.. it doesn't mean anything either?

It'll mean something until the next raid content comes out. Just like some titles meant something for a while. At least you can always check achievements dates.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
cuevas said:
It'll mean something until the next raid content comes out. Just like some titles meant something for a while. At least you can always check achievements dates.
The Drake and Bear both had/will have a world first allure quickly turning to a sell or faceroll fest. You'll probably be able to get East years down the road or some color of it. So the Drake is more about when and what color from the get-go.

The bear had 2 years of no one being able to get to a recolor to it being easily accessable through heroics.

It had a very different allure and meaning crushed unlike the Drake who was destined to never have what the Bear had.

I'm personally happy being able to get the new Bear.

Since the mount model is now what color and when, people should do themselves a favor and get over it quickly IMO.

DeathNote said:
The Drake and Bear both had/will have a world first allure quickly turning to a sell or faceroll fest. You'll probably be able to get East years down the road or some color of it. So the Drake is more about when and what color from the get-go.

The bear had 2 years of no one being able to get to a recolor to it being easily accessable through heroics.

It had a very different allure and meaning crushed unlike the Drake who was destined to never have what the Bear had.

I'm personally happy being able to get the new Bear.

I never saw the bear like that, its prestige was always diminished because so many people bought them. Really, gladiator titles and server first achievements (lolguildachievements) are/were the only thing you could have that you know will last. Right now I'm 1 of a few paladins running around in white shiny armor but in a few months that will change too but then new heroic gear will come out to run around in.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
cuevas said:
I never saw the bear like that, its prestige was always diminished because so many people bought them. Really, gladiator titles and server first achievements (lolguildachievements) are/were the only thing you could have that you know will last.
1- 2 years down the road when most were on their flying mounts the color and model had a"you'll never be able to get this sucker" allure. Doesn't matter if they bought it or worked hard for it cause achievements don't pop up when you see it. Now we're going to see the model a lot more often. The red color will still stand out.

Sounds like milking the mount destroyed it for you personally.

Trasher said:
People care too much about mounts.
It's the only thing in the game that visually lasts, excluding pets, throughout expansions and tiers... and it's also the biggest model people display.

DeathNote said:
1- 2 years down the road when most were on their flying mounts the color and model had a"you'll never be able to get this sucker" allure. Doesn't matter if they bought it or worked hard for it cause achievements don't pop up when you see it. Now we're going to see the model a lot more often. The red color will still stand out.

I check out other people's achievements to see if they are legit, saw a guy with the Mimi mount and turned out he hadn't cleared ulduar till a month ago. Why bother riding around in it?

C.Dark.DN

Banned
cuevas said:
I check out other people's achievements to see if they are legit, saw a guy with the Mimi mount and turned out he hadn't cleared ulduar till a month ago. Why bother riding around in it?
Cause it's one of the coolest and rarest mounts in the game? I only see 1 person on my server with it. All the new drakes are all over the place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom