• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
What exactly is left for testing in 4.1? We didn't get any new PTR patch notes for a while, is it just Zulaman & Zulgurub testing and bug fixing at this point? Surely the patch is close to be finished and we'll see it at least next week.

Mairu

I can't imagine 4.1 is more than 1-3 weeks off at most considering each successive update has had less and less to it. The balance changes have been becoming more and more infrequent and less substantial, so hopefully it's soon
so they can start testing Firelands

Finally got down heroic Cho'gall last night and got a glimpse of Sinestra. Looking forward to spending a lot of time working on that over the next couple of weeks

Bisnic

Correct me if im wrong, but Blizzard dont usually test raids in PTR? Or at least, not the whole thing? Surely the PTR of 4.2 won't be as long as 4.1, especially since Blizzard said that 4.2 would come out shortly after 4.1

Bisnic said:
Correct me if im wrong, but Blizzard dont usually test raids in PTR? Or at least, not the whole thing? Surely the PTR of 4.2 won't be as long as 4.1, especially since Blizzard said that 4.2 would come out shortly after 4.1

Raid testing usually doesn't last on the PTRs more than a few weeks, and even then, it's most often just specific bosses at a specific times on certain days, split between the EU and U.S. servers.

Final bosses (Lich King, Yogg-Saron, etc.) usually aren't tested on the PTR either.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Bisnic said:
Blizzard's definition of "shortly" is different than what the common meaning spoken by every other English speaking person in the world is. It's not going to come out for a while. I would be surprised if you were seeing it before mid-May, if that.

Bisnic

I know that expecting Blizzard to release 4.2 in mid-April is unrealistic. "Short" for Blizzard is probably a month at best and 4.1 might come out march 29th, hopefully.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Bisnic said:
I know that expecting Blizzard to release 4.2 in mid-April is unrealistic. "Short" for Blizzard is probably a month at best and 4.1 might come out march 29th, hopefully.
I think you're setting yourself up to be let down if you think the Firelands will come out before late May/June.

zugzug

So sunday we were attempting normal Neferain. Has anyone else had problems with phase two getting up on the pillars. It appeared to me on my screen that the two people on the pillar with me were rising up before I was in that the lava wasn't appearing on my screen and I was not rising up while I saw the two people I was with at the top of the pillar before or 3/4th of the way up before I saw the lava at my feet or I even started rising.

I was having 100 lag and like 325-400 world lag when I hovered my cursor over the button showing it.

It did not happen a few weeks before when we attempted him. Majorly frustrating.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Dance In My Blood said:
I think you're setting yourself up to be let down if you think the Firelands will come out before late May/June.
If they reach June, they will have taken longer to put Firelands out than they took to put Ulduar out post Wrath.

It's a fun game, but I have trouble buying that it legitimately takes that long to just build a freakin' dungeon (that's apparently half the size of Ulduar, no less)

DeathNote said:
can't decide on what chimera's eye pattern(s) I want for a DK tank. i don't have parry,dodge,mastery, or stam patterns.
Mastery, Mastery/Stam, Stam?

Last I heard it was best to either stack mastery OR avoidance, but I think that stacking Blood shields should have fixed that problem.

Angry Grimace said:
If they reach June, they will have taken longer to put Firelands out than they took to put Ulduar out post Wrath.

It's a fun game, but I have trouble buying that it legitimately takes that long to just build a freakin' dungeon (that's apparently half the size of Ulduar, no less)

it's probably close to done, they are just looking at the current progression of most people and deciding to hold it back a while.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Angry Grimace said:

Mastery, Mastery/Stam, Stam?

Last I heard it was best to either stack mastery OR avoidance, but I think that stacking Blood shields should have fixed that problem.
Yeah. Maybe I should list my stats since I don't know what's better for me right now personally.

With my current gear (few 346 tank, mostly 333 tank, few dps/pvp pieces) and self buffed my stats are...

Swordshattering: 141k HP, 12.65 mastery, 11.13% dodge, 18.30% parry, 52.05% DR from armor

Stoneskin Gargoyle: 143k HP, 12.65 mastery, 11.13% dodge, 14.30% parry, 53.03% DR from armor

Just tanking normals right now.

Bisnic said:
What exactly is left for testing in 4.1? We didn't get any new PTR patch notes for a while, is it just Zulaman & Zulgurub testing and bug fixing at this point?

They've apparently got one more batch of class and system changes coming -- today's Ask the Devs said that they're going to expand the guild XP/rep you can earn from PVP in 4.1 and the next PTR notes will reflect how. We're definitely close now, though. My guess is two weeks from today, and next week isn't unbelievable.

Also, I'm going to be wildly optimistic and predict a five-week turnaround on 4.2, with the PTR going up within a week of 4.1's release.

DeathNote said:
Yeah. Maybe I should list my stats since I don't know what's better for me right now personally.

With my current gear (few 346 tank, mostly 333 tank, few dps/pvp pieces) and self buffed my stats are...

Swordshattering: 141k HP, 12.65 mastery, 11.13% dodge, 18.30% parry, 52.05% DR from armor

Stoneskin Gargoyle: 143k HP, 12.65 mastery, 11.13% dodge, 14.30% parry, 53.03% DR from armor

Just tanking normals right now.

I went back and forth between mastery and avoidance but finally decided on stacking mastery and using swordshattering on my weapon.

Here's my armory if you want to check it out: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/malganis/ilriel/simple

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Alright, thanks. I'll buy Mastery first.

So, anyone have a undercut war with someone? Items that have low demand but when they sell they sell for double, triple, quadruple the mats on AH.

This person will unlist 30+ things and re-list them if you undercut them within minutes. It's psychotic.

I'm talking about a 20s to 1g undercut too. But, the thing is, only a few people are buying these items and they only do it ever few days at random times. So the lowest listing sells. Re-listing only costs 1s as well.

One night I decided to see how far they'd go. And we went back and for for 30 minutes.

I don't have this issue with my other professions cause demand is high on the items. I have a good income in general.

Maybe I should list the items for a 50-100g profit instead of 300-500 and see if they'd go that low.

Angry Grimace

cuevas said:
it's probably close to done, they are just looking at the current progression of most people and deciding to hold it back a while.
I also heard that Diablo III is done, they just want to make sure people are done with Diablo II.

(Just saying, that is incredibly unlikely and completely contradicts the entire history of Blizzard Entertainment.)

Angry Grimace

DeathNote said:
Alright, thanks. I'll buy Mastery first.

So, anyone have a undercut war with someone? Items that have low demand but when they sell they sell for double, triple, quadruple the mats on AH.

This person will unlist 30+ things and re-list them if you undercut them within minutes. It's psychotic.

I'm talking about a 20s to 1g undercut too. But, the thing is, only a few people are buying these items and they only do it ever few days at random times. So the lowest listing sells. Re-listing only costs 1s as well.

One night I decided to see how far they'd go. And we went back and for for 30 minutes.

I don't have this issue with my other professions cause demand is high on the items. I have a good income in general.

Maybe I should list the items for a 50-100g profit instead of 300-500 and see if they'd go that low.
It's an auctioneer addon that's doing the relisting. It's not like he's manually doing it.

http://theunderminejournal.com/

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Angry Grimace said:
It's an auctioneer addon that's doing the relisting. It's not like he's manually doing it.

http://theunderminejournal.com/
I use Auctionator since it's the most downloaded and updated the most recently. Last month compared to Auctioneer's 5 month no update gap. I haven't tried Auctioneer in a long time, and I guess I should.

I have to manually input the starting bid price, which is a lot of work for 20-30 auctions.

Collecting everything from the mail box is annoying. Is there a mod for that?

Edited the post cause of theunderminejournal.

Edit2: that website is amazing. thank you messiah.

Swag

Ugh Ascendant Council, I can bring a group full of people that have killed Cho'gall to that fight and they still manage to derp on Ignatius Shield, chain lightning Rod, and not have the correct buff.

I think I'm cursed and will never be able to finish BoT in a PUG

Angry Grimace said:
I also heard that Diablo III is done, they just want to make sure people are done with Diablo II.

(Just saying, that is incredibly unlikely and completely contradicts the entire history of Blizzard Entertainment.)
Yeah but a large majority haven't finished the raid content even on normal...

C.Dark.DN

Banned
cuevas said:
There's going to be an infinite loop since blizz said they'd release firelands at launch then with 4.1 at blizzcon. If it was at launch, would they make people do heroics-->tier 1-->tier 2? Cause when 4.2 releases it's heroics-->tier 1-->tier 2 or heroics-->tier 2 & some tier 1 if you want. If you like the latter, you'd give them a pass on the first. As for the second, It's still split on if a certain player base should have to wait.

Angry Grimace

cuevas said:
A large majority hadn't finished Ulduar, ToC or Malygos either. That's just the nature of raiding.

"Mage
•Frostbolt damage has been increased by 10%.

Frost
•Fingers of Frost bonus damage applied to Ice Lance has been increased to 25%, up from 15%."

Oh my. The whining about this will be glorious.

DeathNote said:
There's going to be an infinite loop since blizz said they'd release firelands at launch then with 4.1 at blizzcon. If it was at launch, would they make people do heroics--<tier 1--<tier 2? Cause when 4.2 releases it's heroics--<tier 1--<tier 2 or heroics--<tier 2 & some tier 1 if you want. If you like the latter, you'd give them a pass on the first. As for the second, It's still split on if a certain player base should have to wait.
Isn't the new gear 352 or something? It's not going to help that much with gearing up for the next teir of raiding.

Your healers, most likely.

Naw one of the easier hard modes is broken, right?

Seriously though, it could easily be shitty dps that's making the fight go long and cause the healers to have trouble. Or tanks not using cooldowns correctly. Or some problems with their strat like not going into p2 correctly.

Aeris130 said:
Your healers, most likely.

I honestly don't know how we could do anything different. We go into Phase 2 with everyone alive and topped off, and we don't make it. Our closest has been a 28k wipe. The only thing we are trying to refine is getting our Mage to be the top DPS on the threat list so he can use mirror image and buy all our other DPS more time. And our DPS definitely isn't shitty. I'm a healer so I don't analyze the DPS meters too often but I know our top three on an average encounter are anywhere from around 18-20k. I'll pay more attention to our meter tonight.

Any I'm only talking about the 10-man version. If you've never killed the 10-man version, please don't post something like "Your healers suck" or "Your DPS is shit".

ToyMachine228 said:
I honestly don't know how we could do anything different. We go into Phase 2 with everyone alive and topped off, and we don't make it. Our closest has been a 28k wipe. The only thing we are trying to refine is getting our Mage to be the top DPS on the threat list so he can use mirror image and buy all our other DPS more time. And our DPS definitely isn't shitty. I'm a healer so I don't analyze the DPS meters too often but I know our top three on an average encounter are anywhere from around 18-20k. I'll pay more attention to our meter tonight.

Any I'm only talking about the 10-man version. If you've never killed the 10-man version, please don't post something like "Your healers suck" or "Your DPS is shit".

Our alt 10 man cleared that fight but I guess the experience from 25 man helped. It has to be a DPS problem if you can't get through p2. We don't even do the stupid "spread out!!!" strat in p2 that people preach. Our tanks just pop their avoidance trinkets or whatever and survive until he is dead. People get the "Full of sound" or whatever achievement pretty much every time.

Do you have parses for your 10 man?

Aeris130

ToyMachine228 said:

Like the poster above says, it's your dps's or tanks fault. We got him halfway down before our first tank died, and by the time the second tank died, it didn't really matter how many ppl he managed to kill off after that. 10-man. Just stand still and nuke him.

Angry Grimace

Guild Rename and Relocation Services

Blizzard said:
We want to give everyone an early heads-up regarding our plan to implement a guild relocation service for World of Warcraft. The idea is for a guild leader to be able to transfer a guild to another realm. The guild structure remains intact, including the guild leader, guild bank, ranks, and guild name (depending on availability).

Guild members who decide to relocate with their guild may initiate their own paid character transfer. Upon a successful transfer they will automatically be part of the guild when they first log into the new realm. Their guild rank and guild reputation will be intact.

Guild leaders who do not want a change of scenery may also choose to pick a new guild name using another new service. These services are in development and we will be providing additional details at a future point in time.

As with all of the features and services we offer, we intend to incorporate the guild relocation service in a way that will not disrupt the game play experience. Please note that this feature will require extensive internal testing, so you may see bits and pieces of the service appear on the public test realms. We'll announce further details at http://www.WorldofWarcraft.com .

Aeris130 said:
Like the poster above says, it's your dps's or tanks fault. We got him halfway down before our first tank died, and by the time the second tank died, it didn't really matter how many ppl he managed to kill off after that. 10-man. Just stand still and nuke him.

Just checked with my Boomkin buddy and he said our DPS spread from top to bottom is about 15/16k-18/19k, which is lower than normal because of the hit debuff of course. I'll check with our tanks tonight and make sure they are using all their avoidance cooldowns and whatnot, but it seems pretty random. One attempt one of our tanks will stay up for a good 10 seconds, the next he lasts like 1. On our most recent normal mode kill I believe one of our tanks stayed up for 27 seconds. We haven't had that sort of luck on Heroic.

ToyMachine228 said:
Just checked with my Boomkin buddy and he said our DPS spread from top to bottom is about 15/16k-18/19k, which is lower than normal because of the hit debuff of course. I'll check with our tanks tonight and make sure they are using all their avoidance cooldowns and whatnot, but it seems pretty random. One attempt one of our tanks will stay up for a good 10 seconds, the next he lasts like 1. On our most recent normal mode kill I believe one of our tanks stayed up for 27 seconds. We haven't had that sort of luck on Heroic.

This might be a dumb question, but are you waiting til everyone is topped off to push phase?

We also found that using a druid tank is a liability for some reason, but we were still able to kill it. Our druid switched to a DK tank and it became significantly easier.

We killed it like 4 or 5 times with 4 dps. Mage should be the last to die as he/she can keep mana shield up the entire phase and invis as mirrors are fading. We use hand of salvation on the guy with the highest threat to help get aggro onto me (the mage). If you have a spare battle rez for that phase it helps too.

Bisnic

charlequin said:
Woohoo! Now my guild leader still won't want to change our atrocious guild name, but at least now hypothetically he could!

Let me guess, the guild is called "Dark Knights of Justice" or some shit like that.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
cuevas said:
Isn't the new gear 352 or something? It's not going to help that much with gearing up for the next teir of raiding.
What's going to be 352? I'm talking about doing heroics for JP and VP currency epics to start tier 2 raids at 4.2 rather than being forced to go through tier 1 if both released at launched. It lets more people see each tier but it hurts people wanting new content. 4.1 tier 2 heroics are going to let people get very close to VP cap.

Bisnic

DeathNote said:
What's going to be 352? I'm talking about doing heroics for JP and VP currency epics to start tier 2 raids at 4.2 rather than being forced to go through tier 1 if both released at launched. It lets more people see each tier but it hurts people wanting new content. 4.1 tier 2 heroics are going to let people get very close to VP cap.

I'm pretty sure i heard that VP will be reset or changed into JP once 4.2 is released so that people cant stack them to easily buy T12 on day 1.

DeathNote said:

The new heroics will drop 353, you will still have to complete hard modes to get the better gear I hope.

4.1 seems to be coming out next week, BE READY!!

Angry Grimace

charlequin said:
Woohoo! Now my guild leader still won't want to change our atrocious guild name, but at least now hypothetically he could!
Unfortunately, "Mega Jesus Dragonlords" is already taken on my server.

wonderdung said:
This might be a dumb question, but are you waiting til everyone is topped off to push phase.

Yes, right before we push we group up, Tranquility, Holy Radiance, Healing Rain, etc, get everyone to full, and then push right after.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom