• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
finally

"Return to Graveyard" Button
Today, I want to talk about one of the most amazing feature of Cataclysm, really. If you've been playing WoW for a while, you probably got stuck in ghost form one day because you died in a strange location and spent countless hours looking FOR THAT DAMN GRAVEYARD TO SPIRIT REZ. Cataclysm will finally fix that and adds a huge "Return to Graveyard" button to the screen whenever you are dead.

Don't get confused, this is a "Return to Graveyard" button, not body but you will probably think it's awesome if it ever happened to you.

returngraveyard_small.jpg

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
mclem said:
Amazingly, I had the longest queue I've *ever* had - as a tank - the first time I did it this year. It took over an entire minute!

And dps has the shortest queue they ever had! 3-4 mins!

Hixx

Got a Ram on an alt. Doing Direbrew on my 4 80's is the only reason to log in atm. Might grind some emblems soonish though for the cash converter in 4.0.1.

Aesthet1c

HixxSAFC said:
Got a Ram on an alt. Doing Direbrew on my 4 80's is the only reason to log in atm. Might grind some emblems soonish though for the cash converter in 4.0.1.

Yeah I'm doing the same. However I can't decide if I want to convert mine to gold or have it convert over to justice points. Has it been confirmed at all if justice points will buy first tier lvl 85 epics?

Dunlop

mclem said:
Amazingly, I had the longest queue I've *ever* had - as a tank - the first time I did it this year. It took over an entire minute!

Queue HoR regular as a tank.

I didn't realize what a primadonna my tank alt made me until I was getting pissed I had to wait 5-8 minutes to get a dungeon queue :D

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Aesthet1c said:
Has it been confirmed at all if justice points will buy first tier lvl 85 epics?
Link please

Aesthet1c said:
Yeah I'm doing the same. However I can't decide if I want to convert mine to gold or have it convert over to justice points. Has it been confirmed at all if justice points will buy first tier lvl 85 epics?

I'm pretty sure that's the case.

Hixx

There's NO WAY Justice points will be able to be used at 85. If they do Blizzard will have completely fucked up the gear 'progression' they wanted to bring back.

firex

justice points will be usable but the cost of stuff is going to be higher for 85 gear than it is for 80 gear now.

not that I can really check the cost of 85 items for sure, but I mean, 4k points can buy maybe a full set of t10 and a lower-budget 264 piece like a trinket or cloak or relic. it wouldn't surprise me at all to see t11 (regular, not heroic) be sold at 1k/piece or more. it also wouldn't surprise me to see 4k/week easily earnable if you do your daily heroic and maybe a few other dungeon quests.

valor points are always going to be where the best gear is sold, though, and you only get them by doing whatever's the current top tier raid.

idlewild_

HixxSAFC said:
There's NO WAY Justice points will be able to be used at 85. If they do Blizzard will have completely fucked up the gear 'progression' they wanted to bring back.

Bashiok said:
At this time any bosses a player defeats that are level-appropriate to them (and previously awarded badges or emblems upon defeat) will award them with the new Justice Points. Similarly, any items that previously cost emblems or badges of any type will now cost Justice Points instead.
Shortly before Cataclysm is released, another patch will enforce the hard cap, marking the second stage of the currency conversion. Any Justice or Honor Points above the hard cap will be converted to gold, and just like in the first stage of the conversion, the player will receive an in-game letter explaining that some of their currencies were converted into gold as well as delivering the gold itself.

sounds like you keep the justice points to me

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
idlewild_ said:
they said that you would gain justice points by beating level appropriate bosses, which means you can accrue them in outlands/lk/cata dungeons while leveling up to 85...

As far as i know, you can only get justice points from triumphs & frosts. Lower badges from outlands & northrend only turns into money. So i dont think you can farm these points by doing regular outlands or northrend dungeons, not to mention you cant even get badges from the regular dungeons currently, except 2 triumphs a day while in northrend.

My assumption is after the conversion we'll have enough justice points for maybe, just maybe, 1 piece of gear to give us a little head start into heroics. I'm pretty sure the gear available with justice points will be equivalent to i level 200 epics at teh start of Wrath.

idlewild_

Bisnic said:
As far as i know, you can only get justice points from triumphs & frosts. Lower badges from outlands & northrend only turns into money. So i dont think you can farm these points by doing regular outlands or northrend dungeons, not to mention you cant even get badges from the regular dungeons currently, except 2 triumphs a day while in northrend.

haha, yeah i missed putting the 'level appropriate emblem bosses' in there, and my stealth edit failed along w/the power at work >.>

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
mclem said:
My strong suspicion is that when they do the changeover, it'll occur like this:

First, everyone with a 310% mount gets the 'freebie' 310% skill.
Second, all 310% mounts are permanently changed to 280% mounts.

It makes the most sense, and fits with the comment I think someone said from PTR that they were only getting 280% speed out of their 310% mount (because the achievement the skill is based on isn't transferred over).

We're working based on that assumption in the guild and we're using roughly half a raid day each week doing Ulduar to try to get as many guildies a 310% mount as possible prior to this changeover deadline; it helps a bit that we're nicely at a stage where a complete clear of ICC with our farm heroics takes about two and a half raid days, meaning we have one and a half days left in our schedule for attempts on new heroic bosses, Ruby Sanctum, weekly raid quests and Ulduar. I just wish it was all a bit more concrete!
That would imply they were removing the ability to get "naturally" 310% speed mounts. I hadn't heard that.

mclem

HixxSAFC said:

I suspect they will, but the quantities we're carrying forward won't purchase you more than a single item.

The problem I'm having at the moment is trying to figure out some benchmark for the amount of justice points I'm likely to gather in the period between the conversion taking place and me actually being able to purchase any of the new shinies from the JP vendor. Logically I ought to be gaining quite a few as I level, and I'd rather not be losing those to the cap when I'm unable to spend them.

mclem

Angry Grimace said:
That would imply they were removing the ability to get "naturally" 310% speed mounts. I hadn't heard that.
I don't think it's been stated; it's a bit of assuming on my side. Partially because I find it hard to believe that they'd charge 5000G for something which could be got reasonably easily for free at L85. Certainly not impossible, though.

Aesthet1c

Scrow said:
has anyone here got impressions on the new abilities and talents for feral druids and warlocks?

I played just a little bit of my warlock, but I like the changes so far.

The warlocks now have a max of 3 soul shards, and you can only obtain more while out of combat. Anything that previously costed a shard is now free. Shards are now used by the soul burn ability, which modifies certain spells into different things. For instance, if you soul burn and then drain life, your drain life lasts for twice as long, or if you soul burn and cast healthstone you get 10% increased health. My favorite (which requires a talent in the affliction tree) is when you soul burn and cast seed of corruption, then when your seed explodes on the mob, it inflicts everyone around him with corruption.

They also gave us a new spell to accumulate soul shards. I forget the name of it, but its a channeled spell that can only be cast out of combat that gives us 1 soul shard like every 3 seconds, and regens our health a little bit.

Another awesome spell for affliction warlocks is soul swap. Basically you cast it on a mob that is nearly dead (ideally you kill him with this spell) and it will capture all the dots currently on the mob. Then you have like 30 seconds to release that soul onto a new mob, which will instantly place all the dots on him, with fresh durations. It's pretty awesome and if you can time it right while you are out questing, than you will rarely ever need to refresh your dots.

Anyways, I haven't played a ton of my warlock, but so far I'm really liking the changes.

Any Grid experts on? I DL'd GridIndicatorCornerText but cannot get my heals to show up as timers.

Any clue? Is that maybe the wrong addon?

HALP!

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
I'm now down to 50g to my name. But i got my main Epic Flying :D
So happy, one of my pre-cata things i can cross off my list.

Aesthet1c said:
I played just a little bit of my warlock, but I like the changes so far.

The warlocks now have a max of 3 soul shards, and you can only obtain more while out of combat. Anything that previously costed a shard is now free. Shards are now used by the soul burn ability, which modifies certain spells into different things. For instance, if you soul burn and then drain life, your drain life lasts for twice as long, or if you soul burn and cast healthstone you get 10% increased health. My favorite (which requires a talent in the affliction tree) is when you soul burn and cast seed of corruption, then when your seed explodes on the mob, it inflicts everyone around him with corruption.

They also gave us a new spell to accumulate soul shards. I forget the name of it, but its a channeled spell that can only be cast out of combat that gives us 1 soul shard like every 3 seconds, and regens our health a little bit.

Another awesome spell for affliction warlocks is soul swap. Basically you cast it on a mob that is nearly dead (ideally you kill him with this spell) and it will capture all the dots currently on the mob. Then you have like 30 seconds to release that soul onto a new mob, which will instantly place all the dots on him, with fresh durations. It's pretty awesome and if you can time it right while you are out questing, than you will rarely ever need to refresh your dots.

Anyways, I haven't played a ton of my warlock, but so far I'm really liking the changes.

This i like the sound of, my main's a 'lock.

Awesome, Cindres. Epic flying is totally worth it.

So I finally got a kodo on my alt warrior today. I've also gotten the shanker once, and the tankard o terror once, which is selling for a measly 100g on the AH :lol That's between my 3 80's over the 3 day period.

I also just realized that you can get extra brewfest tokens by running the ram for more kegs each day. I didn't know that running over the food tubs removes your ram's exhaustion, either.

Rapstah

Deputy Moonman said:
Awesome, Cindres. Epic flying is totally worth it.

So I finally got a kodo on my alt warrior today. I've also gotten the shanker once, and the tankard o terror once, which is selling for a measly 100g on the AH :lol That's between my 3 80's over the 3 day period.

I also just realized that you can get extra brewfest tokens by running the ram for more kegs each day. I didn't know that running over the food tubs removes your ram's exhaustion, either.
Running over the food tubs removes your ram's exhaustion?!?!?!?!?!?!?

EDIT: And I finished the grind to get these two fuckers today, who can tell what they are from the icons?
jhwj88.png

Cindres

Loving epic flying :D Though i only have that bronze drake from Heroic Strat, i want the swift purple gryphon, not a fan of big mounts. I'll get it tomorrow after my dailies, only 85g anyway.

And wait, food tubs? I was not aware there were food tubs? I just need to raise another 100 tokens to join the brew of the month club and get the achievement.

EDIT: Rapstah, the sword is Seethe, as i too got that today :D

Evlar

Banned
Cindres said:
Loving epic flying :D Though i only have that bronze drake from Heroic Strat, i want the swift purple gryphon, not a fan of big mounts. I'll get it tomorrow after my dailies, only 85g anyway.

And wait, food tubs? I was not aware there were food tubs? I just need to raise another 100 tokens to join the brew of the month club and get the achievement.
Yeah, barrels of apples along the route.

Rapstah

notworksafe said:
Unidentifiable Organ?! So jealous...
Ouch, not quite. Shriveled Heart.

It shares an icon with Unidentifiable Organ, Unidentifiable Organ HC and Sludge-Covered Object though and two of those go in that slot.

Cindres

Rapstah said:
Ouch, not quite. Shriveled Heart.

It shares an icon with Unidentifiable Organ, Unidentifiable Organ HC and Sludge-Covered Object though and two of those go in that slot.

And now i'm jealous.
I looked up Unidentifiable Organ and thought "How the hell does this go with Seethe?".
Now it makes more sense :lol

notworksafe

Fooled! Damn you Blizzard!

And yeah...I didn't know what the first icon was. Shriveled Heart makes more sense now that I know what Seethe is.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
i would anticipate we're able to use justice points on Cataclysm Heroic Dungeon-level epic gear, and valor points being used for the first tier raid gear...i dont know why youd think justice points couldnt be used at 85.

they just make it so that whatever time you actually level to 85, you'll still have the same type of "progression" platform, and it wont change like it did in BC (with extra steps involved) or with Wrath (with different tiers of currency which made you work harder for ilvl gear that wasnt the same as the current tier)

Entropia

No One Remembers
Azwethinkweiz said:
I've never seen an unidentifiable organ drop, and I'm sitting on 500 frost badges and a full set of T10.

edit: I'm a tank :(

My Alt Prot Pally has a 264 Organ, cheer up! :lol

(Both my Prot Warrior and Prot pally have terrible shields... Warrior is rocking the 219 from Uld-10, the one with the dudes face on it. The Pally is using the 232 from ToC10)

funkmastergeneral said:
Man I am giddy with excitement for the first time since December when ICC was released. Cataclysm can't come out soon enough :(

Taking 2 days off work to play Wrath and getting server first shaman/draenei 80 was some of my most favorite times in WoW.

Alex

All the revised music in Cataclysm is so, so good. Outside of a few tracks, specificly the Russell Brower tracks, I've always been pretty meh on WoW's music, no one ever seemed to get anywhere with MMO tunes outside of UO and FFXI, IMO.

But this stuff is just incredible fare for a game. Not only is the production value on it sky high, it has a great sense of melody which I really need in my game music.

New Org and Storm especially blow me away, great shit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGWTOImNTug
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXhAKAHSe7k

Rokam

Here's how the Justice and Valor Points work:

Justice is used to buy Heroic Level 85 gear.
Valor is used to buy Raid Level + Tier gear.
When the next patch is released Valor points are turned into Justice and you can then use Justice to buy tier 11. Valor will then be used for tier 12 and equivalent gear.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I'm not sure I understand why people think TBC style gear progression is coming back. I've never seen anyone at Blizz say it was.

Swag

Entropia said:
Taking 2 days off work to play Wrath and getting server first shaman/draenei 80 was some of my most favorite times in WoW.

I know that this will be impossible on my server, there are probably people that've lined up their entire week around getting those feats of strength :lol

J-Rzez

Sebulon3k said:
I know that this will be impossible on my server, there are probably people that've lined up their entire week around getting those feats of strength :lol

There were people who organized "shifts" for their toons so while they slept for 2-3 hours, someone played their toon on my server. People were crazy.

Sebulon3k said:

First DK to lvl 85 on Mal'Ganis? Yep, not happening for me.

Alex

I'll never understand what people see in achievements.

I'll also never understand, for all the work they've done on this thing, and all the shit they've redesigned, why the old races still look like a big bag of ass. Also, no new Moonkin form. I mean how hard would that have been to done?

Blizzard has some really fucked priorities on things.

Alex said:
I'll never understand what people see in achievements.

I'll also never understand, for all the work they've done on this thing, and all the shit they've redesigned, why the old races still look like a big bag of ass. Also, no new Moonkin form. I mean how hard would that have been to done?

Blizzard has some really fucked priorities on things.

New dances were due in 2008 :lol

ampere

Azwethinkweiz said:
I've never seen an unidentifiable organ drop, and I'm sitting on 500 frost badges and a full set of T10.

edit: I'm a tank :(
It's not even good, the stacks fall off frequently. Especially in a fight with magic damage where it won't stack at all.

Get a brewfest 170 stam trinket. You should only use stam trinkets (sindy's fang, skeleton key, satrina's scarab, brewfest 170s, or black heart) as a tank. People with corpse tongue are funny :lol

notworksafe said:
Never understand why people care about these. Who actually dances? Of course, I also never use the dumb vanity pets either.
>:O

Not even Dun Morogh Cub!? Monster.

notworksafe

Angry Grimace said:
I'm not sure I understand why people think TBC style gear progression is coming back. I've never seen anyone at Blizz say it was.
I believe people are taking it from a few blue quotes around that imply that is what is going to happen. Something like this:

Ancilorn said:
Well, hopefully this comes as good news. We're actually working on restoring the epic feeling to epic items in Cataclysm. Epic loot should be epic, and something to be very proud of. Our plan is to try and get the Heroic -> Blue Gear and Raid -> Purple Gear balance back.

This is further proof that not everything Deathwing does is entirely a bad thing. =)
http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread.html?topicId=13816832302&pageNo=1&sid=1#8

I'm sure there are other blue posts as well, but this is the first I found.

ciaossu said:
It's not even good, the stacks fall off frequently. Especially in a fight with magic damage where it won't stack at all.

Get a brewfest 170 stam trinket. You should only use stam trinkets (sindy's fang, skeleton key, satrina's scarab, brewfest 170s, or black heart) as a tank. People with corpse tongue are funny :lol
Hmm I use a Brewfest trinket (have both) and Skeleton Key. I guess I'll just stick with those.

ciaossu said:
>:O

Not even Dun Morogh Cub!? Monster.
Nope, none of them. I have a bunch of pets from doing random quests/instances/achievements/holiday things, but I never pull them out. I use the Argent Slave sometimes, but he gives an actual benefit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom